PDA

View Full Version : Quiet on the Jags board so far

Wolf
09-22-2009, 07:09 PM
not much talk over there yet about the game

I found this funny

thread title
just played groves again in madden
Got to talk to him for like 40 minutes. Hes a really cool guy. I was the jags and he was the texans. I ended up winning 42-7 and he said thats how its gonna be on sunday. If you have an xbox then you should hit him up! Hes cool to talk to

and a response

Ask him if he will ever get a sack and why he plays madden instead of watching film.

http://forum.jaguars.com/index.php?showforum=6

Thorn
09-22-2009, 07:23 PM
All Quiet on the Kitten Front

False Start
09-22-2009, 07:34 PM
Time to bust out the........

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/jagssuck.jpg

OzzO
09-22-2009, 08:29 PM
All Quiet on the Kitten Front

it's quiet......

..... too quiet.

m5kwatts
09-22-2009, 08:35 PM
I think its gonna remain quiet over there or atleast until empty seats with tarp over them learn how to use computers.

Brisco_County
09-22-2009, 08:56 PM
That message board shows more activity than their stadium.

There's no real justification for Jacksonville to have an NFL team. It's like putting a team in Corpus Christi.

Even the guys in the message board have accepted the inevitability:

"having a losing team is like having a girlfriend who does not put out eventually you get tired of it and move on."

"If the Jaguars are the anchor...this ship is going down."

"The FACT is the team has not gotten the type of corporate support necessary to augment the revenues adequately enough. There is no name sponsor and the premium seating in the stadium that would normally be allocated for corporate block purchases have not been sold."

It'd be hilarious if they ended up in Mexico City... and kinda cool.

Goatcheese
09-22-2009, 09:17 PM
Got to talk to him for like 40 minutes. Hes a really cool guy. I was the jags and he was the texans. I ended up winning 42-7 and he said thats how its gonna be on sunday. If you have an xbox then you should hit him up! Hes cool to talk to

Well if we're going off of Madden then the Texans will win this game 234 to 14, with the Jags only scoring on a kickoff return, and a C.Brown fumble return for 6. :wild:

m5kwatts
09-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Well if we're going off of Madden then the Texans will win this game 234 to 14, with the Jags only scoring on a kickoff return, and a C.Brown fumble return for 6. :wild:

Dude you gotta change the difficulty level on your game there lol atleast up it to Pro!

Goatcheese
09-22-2009, 09:28 PM
Dude you gotta change the difficulty level on your game there lol atleast up it to Pro!

I'm playing on All-Pro until I've mastered the playbook. :fans:

mexican_texan
09-22-2009, 09:36 PM
All is quiet about everything Jaguars. It's the Jaguars.

Allstar
09-22-2009, 09:42 PM
I think its gonna remain quiet over there or atleast until empty seats with tarp over them learn how to use computers.

:spit:

DocBar
09-22-2009, 09:53 PM
That message board shows more activity than their stadium.

There's no real justification for Jacksonville to have an NFL team. It's like putting a team in Corpus Christi.

Even the guys in the message board have accepted the inevitability:

"having a losing team is like having a girlfriend who does not put out eventually you get tired of it and move on."

"If the Jaguars are the anchor...this ship is going down."

"The FACT is the team has not gotten the type of corporate support necessary to augment the revenues adequately enough. There is no name sponsor and the premium seating in the stadium that would normally be allocated for corporate block purchases have not been sold."

It'd be hilarious if they ended up in Mexico City... and kinda cool.Too bad Red McCombs doesn't buy them and move them to San Antonio. That would make for an even more killer rivalry.San Antonio is plenty big enough to support an NFL team and we get the added bonus of getting rid of some Cowboys fans.

m5kwatts
09-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Too bad Red McCombs doesn't buy them and move them to San Antonio. That would make for an even more killer rivalry.San Antonio is plenty big enough to support an NFL team and we get the added bonus of getting rid of some Cowboys fans.

It would be an easy transition for Rockets/Texans fans as we already hate the San Antonio Turds.

And its plenty big enough population wise but McNair and Jones would do everything in their power to prevent it. No way a third NFL team finds a home in TX ever.

And getting rid of Cowboy fans and replacing them with Jags fans? Seems like a lateral move to me.

jppaul
09-22-2009, 10:53 PM
It'd be hilarious if they ended up in Mexico City... and kinda cool.

I think this is how you ask for tickets to Jaguars game in Mexico but no doubt someone can help me out here.

Disculpe señor, ¿dónde puedo comprar las entradas coño

DocBar
09-23-2009, 06:28 AM
It would be an easy transition for Rockets/Texans fans as we already hate the San Antonio Turds.

And its plenty big enough population wise but McNair and Jones would do everything in their power to prevent it. No way a third NFL team finds a home in TX ever.

And getting rid of Cowboy fans and replacing them with Jags fans? Seems like a lateral move to me[.I just think it would be fun to have a true in-state rivalry. We mostly dislike Cowboy fans because there are so damned many of them. The teams don't play often enough for a true rivalry to build up.

False Start
09-23-2009, 07:25 AM
I think its cool that the Texans are at a point to where fans of other teams dread playing them. http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/deadly-2.gif

I just hope that this isn't Oakland version 2.0. The Texans really need to make a statement, and kick the crap out of the Jags to show that they can be consistent.

mootini
09-23-2009, 08:07 AM
I would not say, we dread playing the Texans. You can get off your high horse on that one. Really, what's there to run on this game? The Jags are terrible, and rebuilding. You will be surprised, this team has not change one lick, since that Monday Night game last year in Houston. No offense and no defense. Shuab will have a carrer day vs. the Jags. Trust me on that one. Play Shaub on your Final Fantasy this week! JDR, now known as "Simple Jack" - Tropic Thunder..LOL Is going to lose his job. The whole joke of the team "re-starting" is bogus. Hello, it's called rebuilding. The moves from the last draft, clearly show the Jags have packed it in for next year's draft. They got their LT and RT in this draft, now QB for this up coming draft. So, to have 1st pick at this outstanding QB class coming out. You gotta let this season side, let Jack and Garrard take the fall. The writing is on the wall.

Thorn
09-23-2009, 08:11 AM
I would not say, we dread playing the Texans. You can get off your high horse on that one. Really, what's there to run on this game? The Jags are terrible, and rebuilding. You will be surprised, this team has not change one lick, since that Monday Night game last year in Houston. No offense and no defense. Shuab will have a carrer day vs. the Jags. Trust me on that one. Play Shaub on your Final Fantasy this week! JDR, now known as "Simple Jack" - Tropic Thunder..LOL Is going to lose his job. The whole joke of the team "re-starting" is bogus. Hello, it's called rebuilding. The moves from the last draft, clearly show the Jags have packed it in for next year's draft. They got their LT and RT in this draft, now QB for this up coming draft. So, to have 1st pick at this outstanding QB class coming out. You gotta let this season side, let Jack and Garrard take the fall. The writing is on the wall.

Been there as a fan before, not a good feeling. Your post sure reminded me of some lean years around Houston. Still, I hope we kick your ass though. Good luck with your team. Except when playing us of course. LOL

hobie
09-23-2009, 08:17 AM
The one thing we must remember, the Texans seem to always play to the level of the team they are playing...So, after a great win last Sunday, do not be all the surprised if they come out and play more like they did vs. the Jets.
I hope to God that they don't and come out with the passion they did like the Titan game, but until they can follow up a great win with a second great game, I am going to be a little cautious about this game...This game to me is not in the "bag" as some of my friends seem to think it is....

False Start
09-23-2009, 08:18 AM

I don't own a horse, and I wasn't talking smack. I was just simply stating my opinion from what I was reading on the Jags Board.

El Tejano
09-23-2009, 08:21 AM
I think our DL better get ready for a heavy dose of MJD. Not only is he quick, he is powerful so he will be in pretty much 85% of the plays. Also their QB can run on us too. I'm not looking at this game as an easy game. Like Kubiak said, we have a lot of holes to fill before we can start feeling that way.

JB
09-23-2009, 08:23 AM

So, you are saying the Jags are intentionally blowing the season? Gonna go Lions on purpose? That may me the most ludicrous statement I have seen posted... anywhere!

While y'all may be in a rebuilding phase, to assert that the organization is intentionally gunning for the 1st pick in the draft after 2 games is totally asinine.

mootini
09-23-2009, 08:53 AM
Oh, I believe they have ditched this season, after week one's loss to the Colts, Our owner Wane Weaver stated, "I want Tebow." You did not get to witness the game vs Cards last week. I did, it was the worst I have ever seen from the Jags. Jack is already blaming everyone else, but himself for the falures. Jack has already said Harvey is not a 1st round pick. We cut our WR Hughes for two dropped passes in the endzone at the end of a blow out game. It's bad when the Cards, in the 3 quarter, bring in Matt Leinher as if it was a Pre-sason game. Did you not see Warner breaking the NFL record? They were up 31 to 3 at that point. The Cards went prevent at that point and the Jags were able to get a few TD's. Yeck, the football field only had one layer of paint on it! The cut back cost was clearly seen, all less than 40K. There was no AFC symbols painted in the end zones and every thing appeared faded. Jags will win 2-3 games this season, probably vs Rams, Chiefs or Browns? That's about all I see as victories.

HOU-TEX
09-23-2009, 09:08 AM
Oh, I believe they have ditched this season, after week one's loss to the Colts, Our owner Wane Weaver stated, "I want Tebow." You did not get to witness the game vs Cards last week. I did, it was the worst I have ever seen from the Jags. Jack is already blaming everyone else, but himself for the falures. Jack has already said Harvey is not a 1st round pick. We cut our WR Hughes for two dropped passes in the endzone at the end of a blow out game. It's bad when the Cards, in the 3 quarter, bring in Matt Leinher as if it was a Pre-sason game. Did you not see Warner breaking the NFL record? They were up 31 to 3 at that point. The Cards went prevent at that point and the Jags were able to get a few TD's. Yeck, the football field only had one layer of paint on it! The cut back cost was clearly seen, all less than 40K. There was no AFC symbols painted in the end zones and every thing appeared faded. Jags will win 2-3 games this season, probably vs Rams, Chiefs or Browns? That's about all I see as victories.

Hey, don't give up yet. Plus, the Texans are known for giving teams that are slumping a reason to believe. :gun:

Pantherstang84
09-23-2009, 09:13 AM
Hey, don't give up yet. Plus, the Texans are known for giving teams that are slumping a reason to believe. :gun:

Yep. This game has T R A P written all over it.

TEXANS84
09-23-2009, 10:48 AM

Yep.
Remember the times when we only won 4-5 games a year, but still managed to knock off a victory against the Jaguars? Payback hurts. I am worried about this game.

TimeKiller
09-23-2009, 10:51 AM

You know, it's hard to get a little smack goin' when you out-do anything I was gonna say...

Texan_Bill
09-23-2009, 10:51 AM

That was a bad move by Weaver. I can see Garrard having a rough go of it after that.

infantrycak
09-23-2009, 10:58 AM
That was a bad move by Weaver. I can see Garrard having a rough go of it after that.

It's 180 degrees from McNair and VY. It's like he is starting the hype before the season begins instead of discounting it all off-season.

Link (http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5hewaR0g9jc4UDkERLlpZT1CVxG_A)

mootini
09-23-2009, 11:01 AM
Yep.
Remember the times when we only won 4-5 games a year, but still managed to knock off a victory against the Jaguars? Payback hurts. I am worried about this game.

84, but you guys are wearing your Battle Red uni's!!!!! You can't lose..LOL

You guys will sweep the Jags this season, You have already, at least split w/Titans. If you can split with the Colts, then the Texans and the Colts will be fighting for the Division. It is set up for you guys this year.

Vinny
09-23-2009, 11:01 AM
I see the Jag fans are starting to feel like the Oiler fans right before they moved to Nashvegas. The LA Jags are right around the corner.

bigbrewster2000
09-23-2009, 11:12 AM
And when we play them in Jacksonville its going to have T A R P written all over it.:turtle:

mootini
09-23-2009, 11:13 AM
You know, it's hard to get a little smack goin' when you out-do anything I was gonna say...

I know, It was fun to run smack on our games..it WAS fun. I'm loyal to the Jags, until the bitter end. Go Jags!

Marcus
09-23-2009, 11:18 AM
This team is not good enough to warrant talking smack to anyone, in my most humble opinion.

We stunk it up against the Jets, we lucked out against the Titans, we can't run the ball, we can't stop the run, we still get dominated on the LOS, and to top that off, we're not going to be fired up, if not downright flat against the Jags.

If the Jags actually looked at the game film from last week, they won't concentrate so much on stopping Slaton because he evidently for some strange reason isn't the player he was last year. Instead, they'll concentrate on rattling Schaub. If they are successful in just doing that, it will be an easy win for the Jags.

Oh OK, I guess I'm not a real fan of the Texans for saying that, right? :rolleyes:

We've been down this road before.

mootini
09-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Here is some more great news from the Jags - Again, another season with no WR's!

Jaguars place Williamson on IR
Tiquan Underwood activated

Wednesday, September 23, 2009 Print StoryShareThisThe Jacksonville Jaguars have placed wide receiver Troy Williamson on injured reserve and activated rookie wide receiver Tiquan Underwood (pictured) from their practice squad to the 53-man roster. First-year pro Nate Hughes was signed to the practice squad.

Williamson suffered a shoulder injury last Sunday against Arizona late in the second quarter and did not return. He earned a starting job in the preseason after finishing with a team-high 12 receptions for 267 yards. The former Minnesota Vikings draft pick has played in 49 career games with 25 starts and totaled 87 receptions for 1,131 yards and four touchdowns.

Underwood, 6-1, 178, was the Jaguars’ seventh-round pick in this year’s draft. He was waived on September 5 and signed to the club’s practice squad the next day. He started 32 of 49 games in four seasons at Rutgers and finished with 132 receptions for 1,931 yards with 16 touchdowns. As a junior, he led the team with a career-high 65 receptions for 1,100 yards along with seven touchdowns.

Hughes was waived on Monday after playing in the first two games, finishing with three receptions for 15 yards.

All nine of the club’s draft picks from this year’s draft are now on the active roster. Of the Jaguars’ 53 roster players, 26 are new to the team including 14 rookies

TEXANS84
09-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Reggie Williams and Matt Jones are available?

HOU-TEX
09-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Here is some more great news from the Jags - Again, another season with no WR's!

Jaguars place Williamson on IR
Tiquan Underwood activated

Wednesday, September 23, 2009 Print StoryShareThisThe Jacksonville Jaguars have placed wide receiver Troy Williamson on injured reserve and activated rookie wide receiver Tiquan Underwood (pictured) from their practice squad to the 53-man roster. First-year pro Nate Hughes was signed to the practice squad.

Williamson suffered a shoulder injury last Sunday against Arizona late in the second quarter and did not return. He earned a starting job in the preseason after finishing with a team-high 12 receptions for 267 yards. The former Minnesota Vikings draft pick has played in 49 career games with 25 starts and totaled 87 receptions for 1,131 yards and four touchdowns.

Underwood, 6-1, 178, was the Jaguars’ seventh-round pick in this year’s draft. He was waived on September 5 and signed to the club’s practice squad the next day. He started 32 of 49 games in four seasons at Rutgers and finished with 132 receptions for 1,931 yards with 16 touchdowns. As a junior, he led the team with a career-high 65 receptions for 1,100 yards along with seven touchdowns.

Hughes was waived on Monday after playing in the first two games, finishing with three receptions for 15 yards.

All nine of the club’s draft picks from this year’s draft are now on the active roster. Of the Jaguars’ 53 roster players, 26 are new to the team including 14 rookies

Who needs WR's when you can hang 200 on us running the ball. When we stack the box just drop a little screen to MJD so he can take it to the house. :gun:

Thorn
09-23-2009, 11:39 AM
Jag fans talk about how horrible they are and how they will lose, Texan fans talk about how horrible they are and how they will lose.

Strange thread to say the least. I'm not used to this kind of reverse smack.

Hardcore Texan
09-23-2009, 11:46 AM
All is quiet about everything Jaguars. It's the Jaguars.

Who knew, tarps can't talk.

Hardcore Texan
09-23-2009, 11:49 AM

Yep.

Put me in this boat as well, Kubiak better not let the team come in sleep walking, we better expect a fight. He said so in his Monday presser, I hope we see it on the field.

mootini
09-23-2009, 12:37 PM
Does anybody know the point spread on this game?

Norg
09-23-2009, 12:45 PM
This is not a trap game !!!!!!! a divison game is not a trap game its a War

and if yall owner said he wants Tim Tebow and some of the players are giving up already then iam totaly dissponted in the Jags

yall represent the AFC South its time to man up

come on yall are better then this

GuerillaBlack
09-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Let the Jags suck. I don't mind at all.

infantrycak
09-23-2009, 01:09 PM
Does anybody know the point spread on this game?

4 points

El Tejano
09-23-2009, 01:25 PM
I refuse to believe that it will be an easy win against a team that only surrendered 14 points all game long to Indianapolis.

Marcus
09-23-2009, 01:27 PM

Pardon me for repeating someone's question, but what did happen to Reggie Williams and Matt Jones?

mootini
09-23-2009, 01:29 PM
This is not a trap game !!!!!!! a divison game is not a trap game its a War

and if yall owner said he wants Tim Tebow and some of the players are giving up already then iam totaly dissponted in the Jags

yall represent the AFC South its time to man up

come on yall are better then this

Norg, I completely agree with you. It's a divisional game. I'm disgusted in the Jags right now, but hopefully they will come and play Sunday.

GuerillaBlack
09-23-2009, 01:30 PM
I refuse to believe that it will be an easy win against a team that only surrendered 14 points all game long to Indianapolis.

And 31 to the Cardinals (in the third quarter) before the Cards put in Matt Leinhart.

mootini
09-23-2009, 01:31 PM
Pardon me for repeating someone's question, but what did happen to Reggie Williams and Matt Jones?

Cut...Gonzo....good bye...some more 1st round draft busts, flushed. Basically, the Jags have started completely over. Just need to fail this season to get a new coach and QB.

mootini
09-23-2009, 01:34 PM
And 31 to the Cardinals (in the third quarter) before the Cards put in Matt Leinhart.

Exactly....I have never seen a defense that bad. You guys will see on Sunday. Enjoy.

mootini
09-23-2009, 01:38 PM
4 points

4 points seems low to me. Jags can't score more than 20, and Texans offense can score at least 30 points. I'd take the Texans on this one. PS Reggie Hayward, the only Jag to get a sack this season vs Manning..out for the entire season. So, no pass rush on Shaub...enjoy!

TheIronDuke
09-23-2009, 01:41 PM
I just hope we can go the whole game without JDR embarrassing Kubes coaching-wise. I'll never forget the damn onside kick a couple of years back when we got caught with our thumbs up our butt. And then last season when the Jags scored on a 4th down for a TD with our PR team on the field against their first string offense.

That combined with the "ghost man at corner" last week shows that Kubes and his team are prone to mental lapses that costs us points. Hope we can avoid that this week.

Wolf
09-23-2009, 05:26 PM
http://forum.jaguars.com/index.php?showtopic=675141

Their Texan-Jag matchup thread

damn, I DO smell TRAP

Thorn
09-23-2009, 05:43 PM
http://forum.jaguars.com/index.php?showtopic=675141

Their Texan-Jag matchup thread

damn, I DO smell TRAP

So, I made a post in this thread. And I didn't even troll them. How nice of me. LOL

JDizzle
09-23-2009, 05:56 PM
As long as they have Jones-Drew then we should be worried about this game.

Those who have MJD on your fantasy team this could be the week he helps you blow out your opponent.

edo783
09-23-2009, 10:18 PM
The Jags aren't going to roll over. It's a division game and they are professional players. They are also a physical team. We need to play with as much heart and attitude as we did last Sunday or we are going to be embarrassed in our own house.