PDA

View Full Version : This is what i dont understand

BrandonLwowski
09-22-2009, 05:58 PM
Last week after the jets loss, i was driving home from the houston game listing to 610 sports station on the radio. After the game the broadcasters were saying how andre johnson is not the same, he lost its ability, he got shutdown, blahhh blahhh blahhhhhh.

Then he has a great game and they say stuff like, he is the greatest reciever in the nfl, if you dont know who andre johnson is you have been living under a rock, noone can stop andre(p.s. i agree with all of that lol) just because he had a good game. i dont understand why they hate andre when he has a bad game but the second he does good they jump and ride the bandwaggon. I have been and andre johnson fan since he came out of miami in 03' and always will be. i hate these phony guys that kick him when he is down and love him when he is on top.

Thorn
09-22-2009, 06:02 PM
TV and radio's job is to sell commercials, not report the news.

TheRealJoker
09-22-2009, 06:02 PM
He was double covered all game against the Jets by one of the best CBs and safeties in the NFL, we couldn't run the ball, and Schaub had no time to throw. Pretty easy to see why he didn't have a stellar game.

Marcus
09-22-2009, 06:04 PM
610 callers aren't exactly the sharpest peanuts in the turd.

JDizzle
09-22-2009, 06:13 PM

Heard a guy call in several days after the Jets game saying we need to trade Andre Johnson for 1st round picks and rebuild the team ... seriously, someone said that.

Ckw
09-22-2009, 06:18 PM
Last week after the jets loss, i was driving home from the houston game listing to 610 sports station on the radio. After the game the broadcasters were saying how andre johnson is not the same, he lost its ability, he got shutdown, blahhh blahhh blahhhhhh.

Then he has a great game and they say stuff like, he is the greatest reciever in the nfl, if you dont know who andre johnson is you have been living under a rock, noone can stop andre(p.s. i agree with all of that lol) just because he had a good game. i dont understand why they hate andre when he has a bad game but the second he does good they jump and ride the bandwaggon. I have been and andre johnson fan since he came out of miami in 03' and always will be. i hate these phony guys that kick him when he is down and love him when he is on top.

This is just my opinion, but I think his biggest problem in the Jets game was who he had across from him: Andre Davis. The guy is a terrible #2 WR. He is nice to have in a situational role to send deep but other than that, the guy is terrible. Call me crazy, but I think Jacoby is a better #2 option than AD. Jacoby is even more athletic, just as fast, and runs better routes. If Jacoby could ever understand the game mentally, he could be a VERY good player. The guy just constantly makes stupid decisions and has a problem with thinking about the next move he is going to make instead of just catching the ball.

Needless to say, I can't wait until Walter gets back because I see AJ performing even better when he has a true #2 across from him. The other thing I will add is that the coaching philosophy was much better against the Teetons. Against New York, it seemed Kubiak/Shanny refused to alter the gameplan and kept trying to run the ball up the gut instead of focusing on the passing game. I was afraid we were going to see the same thing in the Tennessee game: run, run, pass. It went that way at first but this time, Shanniak realized it wasn't working and started passing the ball more on first down. This opened up our passing game and gave Dre the chance to have a huge game.

HTown2ATX
09-22-2009, 06:18 PM
Heard a guy call in several days after the Jets game saying we need to trade Andre Johnson for 1st round picks and rebuild the team ... seriously, someone said that.

OMG! WOW........yeah, not the brightest bulb in the fixture there! That guy gets the poof lion....:lion:

TEXANS84
09-22-2009, 06:20 PM
He was double covered all game against the Jets by one of the best CBs and safeties in the NFL, we couldn't run the ball, and Schaub had no time to throw.

Randy Moss had like two catches last week against the same secondary. The Jets are for real.

Double Barrel
09-22-2009, 06:22 PM

yeah, someone that sits on hold for two hours to spew an opinion is mighty suspect to me, too. And the postgame show hosts are prone to knee-jerking, as well. I had to turn that crap off after the Jets game. I couldn't take it.

I heard that moron, as well. I immediately popped in a cd instead of listening to doofus radio show caller making dumb suggestions about getting rid of one of the best WRs in the NFL. Thanks for that nugget of stupidity was my initial thought, then it was off to jam to some tunes.

JDizzle
09-22-2009, 06:23 PM
I heard that moron, as well. I immediately popped in a cd instead of listening to doofus radio show caller making dumb suggestions about getting rid of one of the best WRs in the NFL. Thanks for that nugget of stupidity was my initial thought, then it was off to jam to some tunes.

I bet the caller is a poster here.

Double Barrel
09-22-2009, 06:25 PM
I bet the caller is a poster here.

Or probably at the main board. ;)

False Start
09-22-2009, 06:35 PM
Or probably at the main board. ;)

Yeah, more than likely. :heh:

TheRealJoker
09-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Randy Moss had like two catches last week against the same secondary. The Jets are for real.

For the same reasons. Even the absence of the normal # 2 WR (Welker was out).

Goldensilence
09-22-2009, 07:12 PM
I'll tell you what I don't understand is why this staff doesn't go with the pass first to set up the run mentality.

When this WR corps is totally healthy I'd go with the approach that I believe 100% that our top 4 WRs are better then your top 4 Dbs.

If we really do have a healthy Matt Schaub I'd look at what what the Colts did early on With Manning. Challenge people's Dbs and have a fair amount of plays with a single RB out of the backfield. Defense would see draws and stretch plays, prior to slaton's weight gain he would've been perfect in that role. Use the athleticism of the OL instead of hoping they can hold the point of attack through strength.Let Schaub operate out of the shotgun to give him time and use his vision to check down.

I know Kubiak wants to stick with the Run game and yeah you have to run in this league to win, but looking at this team it's just never been consistent. I'm not saying go total run and shoot, but when teams fear your passing game it makes them hesitant in the running game. Ask Edge about that during his time in Indy.

BrandonLwowski
09-22-2009, 07:19 PM
I'll tell you what I don't understand is why this staff doesn't go with the pass first to set up the run mentality.

When this WR corps is totally healthy I'd go with the approach that I believe 100% that our top 4 WRs are better then your top 4 Dbs.

If we really do have a healthy Matt Schaub I'd look at what what the Colts did early on With Manning. Challenge people's Dbs and have a fair amount of plays with a single RB out of the backfield. Defense would see draws and stretch plays, prior to slaton's weight gain he would've been perfect in that role. Use the athleticism of the OL instead of hoping they can hold the point of attack through strength.Let Schaub operate out of the shotgun to give him time and use his vision to check down.

I know Kubiak wants to stick with the Run game and yeah you have to run in this league to win, but looking at this team it's just never been consistent. I'm not saying go total run and shoot, but when teams fear your passing game it makes them hesitant in the running game. Ask Edge about that during his time in Indy.

I do agree strongly with that. But lets say we did do that i think we would take away from some of our good players. Vonte Leach, to me one of the best full backs in the nfl, i hate to say it but slaton, if he gets back on track(hopefully he does) he can wreck a defense but by passing most of the time it would give him less chances to work out his wrinkles. But as for the WR i think it would be great. I think daniels is just as capable as clark, andre better than wayne, walter better than gonzalez, and then jacobe. But when the run game does work with the offence gary wants to run, no team will be able to stop out play actions.

DocBar
09-22-2009, 10:50 PM
Call me crazy, but I think the biggest thing that shut AJ down was a pretty OK CB named Revis and a Guy named Jenkins doing his best Fat Albert imitation. Some people on here thought Schaub was a turd without any nuts after the Jets game. 610 is OK as long as you don't mistake it for a serious sports talk radio channel. Personally, I find many of the threads on here much more knowledgeable and informative than anything I've heard on the radio in a while.

JCTexan
09-23-2009, 12:38 AM
This is just my opinion, but I think his biggest problem in the Jets game was who he had across from him: Andre Davis. The guy is a terrible #2 WR. He is nice to have in a situational role to send deep but other than that, the guy is terrible. Call me crazy, but I think Jacoby is a better #2 option than AD. Jacoby is even more athletic, just as fast, and runs better routes. If Jacoby could ever understand the game mentally, he could be a VERY good player. The guy just constantly makes stupid decisions and has a problem with thinking about the next move he is going to make instead of just catching the ball.

Needless to say, I can't wait until Walter gets back because I see AJ performing even better when he has a true #2 across from him. The other thing I will add is that the coaching philosophy was much better against the Teetons. Against New York, it seemed Kubiak/Shanny refused to alter the gameplan and kept trying to run the ball up the gut instead of focusing on the passing game. I was afraid we were going to see the same thing in the Tennessee game: run, run, pass. It went that way at first but this time, Shanniak realized it wasn't working and started passing the ball more on first down. This opened up our passing game and gave Dre the chance to have a huge game.

Houston only ran the ball 13 times vs the Jets compared to 33 pass attempts. Neither the pass nor the run were successful. They ran the ball 29 times compared to 39 pass attempts vs Tennessee. They ran the ball more vs the Titans. Of course they had the ball quite a bit longer vs. the Titans, too.

Ckw
09-23-2009, 01:38 AM
Houston only ran the ball 13 times vs the Jets compared to 33 pass attempts. Neither the pass nor the run were successful. They ran the ball 29 times compared to 39 pass attempts vs Tennessee. They ran the ball more vs the Titans. Of course they had the ball quite a bit longer vs. the Titans, too.

My bad. I did have a little too much to drink at the game and didn't take the time to rewatch it so my memory might be a bit hazy. It sure seemed to me like every single series was run, run, pass with no adjustments during the game.

After looking at the box score, I will say that you have to take into account we started passing the ball a lot towards the end of the game hoping we could make a comeback. Also, we only ran 48 total plays to the Jets 73. I think I am right about what I saw but we were so terrible that we didn't even have the chance to run that many plays.

JCTexan
09-23-2009, 02:04 AM
My bad. I did have a little too much to drink at the game and didn't take the time to rewatch it so my memory might be a bit hazy. It sure seemed to me like every single series was run, run, pass with no adjustments during the game.

After looking at the box score, I will say that you have to take into account we started passing the ball a lot towards the end of the game hoping we could make a comeback. Also, we only ran 48 total plays to the Jets 73. I think I am right about what I saw but we were so terrible that we didn't even have the chance to run that many plays.

I haven't re-watched the game either, but like I said: nothing the Texans did vs. the Jets was successful. It seemed like every time Schaub dropped back to pass he was getting pressured. The running game wasn't successful either, but they only handed it off to the RB 12 times (Schaub ran it once). The difference in the Titans game is that the passing game was successful, and Schaub had the time in the pocket to pass the ball. Play calling will always look good when you have time back there, and will always look bad when you don't.

Ckw
09-23-2009, 02:14 AM
I haven't re-watched the game either, but like I said: nothing the Texans did vs. the Jets was successful. It seemed like every time Schaub dropped back to pass he was getting pressured. The running game wasn't successful either, but they only handed it off to the RB 12 times (Schaub ran it once). The difference in the Titans game is that the passing game was successful, and Schaub had the time in the pocket to pass the ball. Play calling will always look good when you have time back there, and will always look bad when you don't.

Can't argue with that. That being said, what do you think the big difference was between the Jets and Titans game? Do you think the Jets are just THAT good? Do you think the Titans secondary is just THAT bad? Or do you think the gameplan for the Jets game was just THAT bad?

hobie
09-23-2009, 09:10 AM
Why would anyone want to listen to a sports radio show right after the game ended, I mean, didn't you just watch the game? They have their opinions, you have yours, sometimes they are the same, other times they are not...

You just watched the game and to be told about the game by broadcasters, and then callers calling in, why would you want to listen to that..After a loss, the world is about to end, fire this guy, he should be benched..after a win, what a great win, team is coming around, this is the year.... Every week, it is one or the other...

Sports radio after a game is like the worse thing ever to listen to !!! Give me some Stevie Ray and I am all good !!

BigBull17
09-23-2009, 11:50 AM

And JJ can actually change direction. AD just runs strait. He is a very bad WR.

Marcus
09-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Why would anyone want to listen to a sports radio show right after the game ended, I mean, didn't you just watch the game? They have their opinions, you have yours, sometimes they are the same, other times they are not...

You just watched the game and to be told about the game by broadcasters, and then callers calling in, why would you want to listen to that..After a loss, the world is about to end, fire this guy, he should be benched..after a win, what a great win, team is coming around, this is the year.... Every week, it is one or the other...

Allow me to make a couple of minor changes to the above and tell me if the same thing applies . . .

Why would anyone want to post on a football message board right after the game ended, I mean, didn't you just watch the game? They have their opinions, you have yours, sometimes they are the same, other times they are not...

You just watched the game and to be told about the game by other posters, why would you want to read that..After a loss, the world is about to end, fire this guy, he should be benched..after a win, what a great win, team is coming around, this is the year.... Every week, it is one or the other...

Is there really a difference, other than posters being far, far more intelligent than any radio caller? ;)

JCTexan
09-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Can't argue with that. That being said, what do you think the big difference was between the Jets and Titans game? Do you think the Jets are just THAT good? Do you think the Titans secondary is just THAT bad? Or do you think the gameplan for the Jets game was just THAT bad?

I think the 3-4 of the Jets had the Texans O-line guessing where the extra pressure was coming from. They weren't as confused against the Titans D-line/linebackers as they were with the Jets. The Jets game was a good one to have Hill (who was inactive) as the 2nd TE, or leaving Leach in the backfield to block the extra linebacker coming in on a blitz. I would have tried anything to give Schaub some extra time in the pocket. The biggest difference in the two games was how much time Schaub had in the pocket, IMO.

hobie
09-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Allow me to make a couple of minor changes to the above and tell me if the same thing applies . . .

Is there really a difference, other than posters being far, far more intelligent than any radio caller

LOL, that's the same thing... rep to you !

barrett
09-23-2009, 05:05 PM
Stevie Ray? really? I'd rather listen to Vandermere.

BrandonLwowski
09-23-2009, 05:10 PM

I think the Jets are gonna be pretty good, not because of their offense but mostly because of the defence is sick. As for the Titans secondary is not bad when you have andre, best reciever, and jacobe, one of the fastest and a couple blown assignments, you are gonna get big plays. Also, our o-lines pass blocking improved alot and schaub looked more comfortable in the pocket and stuck in there longer. and lastly our third down percentage was a lot better than the jets game. in the jets game we had a lot of 3 and outs

hobie
09-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Stevie Ray? really? I'd rather listen to Vandermere.

:mcnugget:

Double Barrel
09-23-2009, 05:45 PM

Sports radio after a game is like the worse thing ever to listen to !!! Give me some Stevie Ray and I am all good !!

When the team wins, talk radio can be fun to listen to. After a loss, 'eh...not so much.

But I can't argue with Stevie Ray! :bguitar:

Ckw
09-23-2009, 05:51 PM
And JJ can actually change direction. AD just runs strait. He is a very bad WR.

Definitely. It isn't so much a testament to how good JJ is but just how bad AD is. As you state, he cannot seem to change directions adequately and is not and never will be a #2 WR. At least JJ makes the defense guess which way he is going.

I think the 3-4 of the Jets had the Texans O-line guessing where the extra pressure was coming from. They weren't as confused against the Titans D-line/linebackers as they were with the Jets. The Jets game was a good one to have Hill (who was inactive) as the 2nd TE, or leaving Leach in the backfield to block the extra linebacker coming in on a blitz. I would have tried anything to give Schaub some extra time in the pocket. The biggest difference in the two games was how much time Schaub had in the pocket, IMO.

Great point about Hill. It is too bad he has been injured. I am afraid the guy may have injury problems like another TE we drafted at one point...

I think the Jets are gonna be pretty good, not because of their offense but mostly because of the defence is sick. As for the Titans secondary is not bad when you have andre, best reciever, and jacobe, one of the fastest and a couple blown assignments, you are gonna get big plays. Also, our o-lines pass blocking improved alot and schaub looked more comfortable in the pocket and stuck in there longer. and lastly our third down percentage was a lot better than the jets game. in the jets game we had a lot of 3 and outs

Yeah, I agree about the Jets. Rex Ryan is a hell of a coach too.