PDA

View Full Version : Tarp week!

mootini
09-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Hello Flio/84 and the rest of the posters. It's been a long time, since I've been to this site. Ah, Another year and another Battle Red game. The Texans should have no problem beating the Jags this week. It's bad times in J'ville, the team and town is hurting. I was one of the few and proud/loyal to watch the blacked out game last weekend vs. Cards. I watched a terrible Jaguar team play in front of less than 40k fans. Shaub will have no pressure, so Andre and your TE's will have a big day. All you guys have to do is pressure Garrard and keep MJD contained. I wish, I could run any smack for this game, but there is none to run. Here's to a great game Sunday and please no injuries. Filo, I'm sure your Kitty Cat Kitty Litter cake will be awesome, tailgate hard and enjoy. Texans fans should be ready for a great season.

Texan_Bill
09-22-2009, 02:19 PM
How you been Mootini?? Things are rough in J-Ville lately, huh??

Double Barrel
09-22-2009, 03:08 PM
wow...you sound like Texans fans last week.

gtexan02
09-22-2009, 03:12 PM

^^Exactly.

This is pretty sad stuff. I hope we come out and take care of business

TEXANS84
09-22-2009, 03:13 PM
Hello Flio/84 and the rest of the posters.

Whaddup Moontini! Good luck this weekend. You never know what Texans team will show up, so don't chalk this game up as a loss just yet.

Hardcore Texan
09-22-2009, 03:19 PM

My thought exactly.

HJam72
09-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Hello Flio/84 and the rest of the posters. It's been a long time, since I've been to this site. Ah, Another year and another Battle Red game. The Texans should have no problem beating the Jags this week. It's bad times in J'ville, the team and town is hurting. I was one of the few and proud/loyal to watch the blacked out game last weekend vs. Cards. I watched a terrible Jaguar team play in front of less than 40k fans. Shaub will have no pressure, so Andre and your TE's will have a big day. All you guys have to do is pressure Garrard and keep MJD contained. I wish, I could run any smack for this game, but there is none to run. Here's to a great game Sunday and please no injuries. Filo, I'm sure your Kitty Cat Kitty Litter cake will be awesome, tailgate hard and enjoy. Texans fans should be ready for a great season.

Well, gee, that oughta be easy. :mcnugget:

Seen our D. stats lately? :thinking:

We will pressure Garrard....and leave half his receivers uncovered. :pop:

NitroGSXR
09-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Well, gee, that oughta be easy. :mcnugget:

Seen our D. stats lately? :thinking:

We will pressure Garrard....and leave half his receivers uncovered. :pop:

No. We're just going to leave MJD uncovered.

HJam72
09-22-2009, 03:42 PM
No. We're just going to leave MJD uncovered.

Yeah, keep it simple. :gun:

Hate to tell you guys this, but the Jags D has allowed a shorter avg. yds. per rushing attempt than the Jets (Titans are #1), and they haven't even played us yet. We can beat the Jags in Houston right now, but we better be ready. We look a lot more like a 1-2 team than they do an 0-3 team.

gwallaia
09-22-2009, 03:43 PM
BEAT The HELL Out OF THE JAGS!!!!!!!!!

HJam72
09-22-2009, 03:45 PM
BEAT The HELL Out OF THE JAGS!!!!!!!!!

I see gwallaia is already prepared, lol. :chili:

Double Barrel
09-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Yeah, keep it simple. :gun:

Hate to tell you guys this, but the Jags D has allowed a shorter avg. yds. per rushing attempt than the Jets (Titans are #1), and they haven't even played us yet. We can beat the Jags in Houston right now, but we better be ready. We look a lot more like a 1-2 team than they do an 0-3 team.

yeah, no doubt. We gotta' hope the week 2 Texans show up, and maybe with a running game and run defense. I'm not over-looking the Jags because of a mere record.

The Pencil Neck
09-22-2009, 04:45 PM
This game really worries me.

I mean... they all worry me but this one worries me for different reasons than usual.

But I'm still worried.

NitroGSXR
09-22-2009, 04:49 PM
SNUGGLY SOFT

Somebody here had this in their sig last year. I don't remember who but it's time for him to pull out that sig!

FILO_girl
09-22-2009, 04:52 PM

How is my favorite Cat poster? :shades:
No kitty cake this year and I hardly have time to be here or post too, but here's to a great injury-free game....and of course a Texans win. :ant:

texasguy346
09-22-2009, 07:33 PM
Whaddup Moontini! Good luck this weekend. You never know what Texans team will show up, so don't chalk this game up as a loss just yet.

QFT! I hope the Texans that showed up in Tennessee will show up against the Jags. I also hope that the defense doesn't make the huge mistakes it did last week. We have a history of coming out slow after a big win so this game is certainly not a sure thing. Especially with the Jags hungry for a win.

mootini
09-23-2009, 08:38 AM
I wish, I could be positive, but this year is a wash for the Jags. Game will be close up until half time. Then Jags will fall behind and then, well... Texans stomp on them. Mario will get 2-3 sacks vs. rookie Monroe. Here is a fun fact...the Jags have not drafted a QB since 2003! No other team in the league has not done that! The only way the Jags have a chance to win this game, if they can keep the Texans under 20 points. Considering the Jags cannot score 20 points on offense or defense, I still like the Texans to win. With Simple Jack's team, well be lucky to win 2 games this year. Here is to football.

mootini
09-28-2009, 01:05 AM
Good game, I'm surprised the Jags showed up and played this weekend. The key to Jags sucess was the protection from the offensive line and the rookie WR's. Plus, of course, MJD had a great game too. It's not all doom and gloom for the Texans. You guys have a good team and great fans. The Jags probably won't get to .500 this season. Anyway, I'll take the victory and the BEEF to go. We wll have a pissed off 0-3 Titans team next weekend. Looks like the Colts/Manning are still the top dog in the AFC South. Good luck for the rest of season, well, at least until we meet again in J-ville.

mootini
11-30-2009, 11:28 AM
I want another bowl of Cream DA Beef. Well, it's round two. Both teams are looking quite average right now. I think the Texans are a better team right now, just the choking has demoralized the team and fans. Should be an interesting game Sunday. The Jags are walking zombies going to the west coast this season...out scored 61 to 3!!!! OUCH!!!! Anyway, Both teams are going to be playing hard and it will be a great game to watch. If Mathis is out again, the Texans win, hands down. Mathis is the key to the Jags secondary. He is the only one to hold up vs. Johnson. The Jags passing defense is the worst, I have ever seen. Hell, the no rush allowed Alex Smith to look like Manning last week. I will be attending the game Sunday in Jville, so I'll be cooking up some burgers and steaks for my BEEF intake. Hopefully, the stadium will get 50K? How sad is that!!! Can the broom sweep the Texans this year? Here is to another great game.

TEXANS84
11-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Jaguars win 68-1.

How do we get one point you say? We'll find out Sunday!

Double Barrel
11-30-2009, 11:31 AM
I don't know, man...the Texans find more and more creative ways to lose these days. It might be a battle to see which team can suck worse right now.

TEXANS84
11-30-2009, 11:32 AM
LOL, who changed to to Tarp week?? Awesome!

gtexan02
11-30-2009, 11:33 AM
Can we play in West coast time? Apparently the Jags always forget to change their clocks

mootini
11-30-2009, 11:33 AM
LOL..very appropriate. Sad times, but hey, I'll support to the end. This is going to be a great game.

Texan_Bill
11-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Jaguars win 68-1.

How do we get one point you say? We'll find out Sunday!

:spit:

Like I said last week:

And we don't have the Rosencopter to blame for this year's "spaz out". I wonder what new and creative way we can come up with to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
:thinking:

mootini
Can we play in West coast time? Apparently the Jags always forget to change their clocks

Hell, if the Jags get moved to LA..they will never win!!!

Double Barrel
yeah, I feel your pain, man. It sucks to hate the team you love.

mootini
11-30-2009, 11:35 AM
:spit:

Like I said last week:

Block the extra point and run it back....what a play!~!:jogger:

gwallaia
11-30-2009, 11:37 AM
LOL, who changed to to Tarp week?? Awesome!

:worm:

Texan_Bill
11-30-2009, 11:37 AM
How bad do both teams have to suck when we can't even generate any smack?? :gun:

mootini
11-30-2009, 11:39 AM
yeah, I feel your pain, man. It sucks to hate the team you love.

You guys had the Colts twice!!! I could feel the game slip when Johnson dropped that ball in the end zone in the 2nd quarter. That would have put the Texans up 21 points, instead the 3 pts, barely made...to beat the Colts, you gotta score 7 pts every time in the red zone. Jags choked too, in week two..LOL We'll probably will choke on Thrusday Night on Prime time. The Colts are very lucky, but kudos to them, well Manning.

gtexan02
11-30-2009, 11:40 AM
I wanted Manning to win 1 superbowl. He did that. Im ready for him to retire. No more Kudos to him. Im cheering for the other team every time, unless its the Titans

mootini
11-30-2009, 11:41 AM
How bad do both teams have to suck when we can't even generate any smack?? :gun:

Texas don't really sux or do the Jags, they are just middle of the road teams. How the Texans lost there last 3 games is horrible.

mootini
11-30-2009, 11:45 AM
I wanted Manning to win 1 superbowl. He did that. Im ready for him to retire. No more Kudos to him. Im cheering for the other team every time, unless its the Titans

Same here, I used to get so pissed off at Manning, but I have come around to respect him. He really is one of the best QB's to ever play the game. The AFC South has suffered because of his tallents. The Titans are the only team I dislike to the point, where I will never cheer for. Bud is trully the worst owner out there.

mootini
11-30-2009, 11:48 AM
OK, so do you guys want to have who sucks more smack talk?

Texan_Bill
11-30-2009, 11:48 AM
Texas don't really sux or do the Jags, they are just middle of the road teams. How the Texans lost there last 3 games is horrible.

We've been a "middle of the road" team for so long, that mediocrity now equals suckitude.

mootini
11-30-2009, 11:52 AM
:worm:

Someone has the power to "modify" All HAIL the MODS!!! LOL:splits:

Blazing Arrow
11-30-2009, 11:53 AM
:yikes:

I have to cheer on the Texans this week.

mootini
11-30-2009, 11:58 AM
:yikes:

I have to cheer on the Texans this week.

Yes, Titans should...That was amazing game yesterday. Talk about a crazy season for you guys!

HOU-TEX
11-30-2009, 12:00 PM
Block the extra point and run it back....what a play!~!:jogger:

I think that's a safety = 2 points

I think the referee's end up feeling sorry for us losing 68-0 and allow us to kick an extra point just to get on the board.

mootini
11-30-2009, 12:15 PM
I think that's a safety = 2 points

I think the referee's end up feeling sorry for us losing 68-0 and allow us to kick an extra point just to get on the board.

Nope, it is the only 1 point play in football...if the team blocks the extra point and runs it back....you get 1 point.

Texan_Bill
11-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Nope, it is the only 1 point play in football...if the team blocks the extra point and runs it back....you get 1 point.

College and the CFL, not the NFL. :cool:

Blazing Arrow
11-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Yes, Titans should...That was amazing game yesterday. Talk about a crazy season for you guys!

I am enjoying all of the love for my high school because of MJD. Even showed him in the championship game on the commercials they have been showing.

mootini
11-30-2009, 12:27 PM

Are you sure? I remember seeing an NFL game...a long time ago, I think a Raider game, where this happened and they got 1 point. Unless the rules have changed?

Texan_Bill
11-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Are you sure? I remember seeing an NFL game...a long time ago, I think a Raider game, where this happened and they got 1 point. Unless the rules have changed?

I'm nearly 100% sure.... Notice the non-committal "for sure 100%". :)

Texan_Bill
11-30-2009, 12:33 PM
Under college rules, if the defensive team gains possession and advances the ball the length of the field into the opposite end zone on the try (for example by an interception or a fumble recovery, or by blocking a kick and legally recovering the ball), they score two points. This is officially recorded as a touchdown scored by the defense. The NCAA adopted this rule in 1990.
This scenario cannot occur under NFL or high school football rules; the ball is ruled dead and the try is over immediately when the defense gains possession.

I know it's Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_football_rules#Try_for_extra_point_.281_o r_2_points.29), but I'm too lazy to go through the NFL rule book.

brakos82
11-30-2009, 12:34 PM

Only if it goes against the Raiders. :ant:

The NFL and high schools that follow the rules of the National Federation of State High School Associations (all U.S. high schools except those in Texas and Massachusetts, which use NCAA rules instead) do not allow this, and a two-point attempt resulting in recovery of the ball by the defense is merely 'no good', although it can, on rare occasions, result in a one-point safety. This one-point safety is the only way a team can have a score of just one point during the course of an American football game.

mootini
11-30-2009, 12:36 PM
I know it's Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_football_rules#Try_for_extra_point_.281_o r_2_points.29), but I'm too lazy to go through the NFL rule book.

I'll ask Vic on Jags main Website..We'll see if he answers?

Texan_Bill
11-30-2009, 12:38 PM
I'll ask Vic on Jags main Website..We'll see if he answers?

Right on!!

Blazing Arrow
11-30-2009, 12:57 PM
I am pretty certain in the NFL the ball is dead. I remember one game when Deon INT'ed a 2 point try and took it back. No points were given. Unless the rule has changed it is dead once the other team gets the ball.

mootini
11-30-2009, 12:59 PM
Right on!!

Vic, emailed me back, he said "no." I guess you learn something everyday. So, you would get a safety in the NFL?...cool.

mootini
11-30-2009, 01:01 PM
I do think back in the early days of the NFL, you could get a point? Not sure? Oh well, This would be a cool topic..discussing football rules.

mootini
11-30-2009, 01:02 PM
I am pretty certain in the NFL the ball is dead. I remember one game when Deon INT'ed a 2 point try and took it back. No points were given. Unless the rule has changed it is dead once the other team gets the ball.

You're right, I forgot about that play. Good call.

mootini
11-30-2009, 01:04 PM
How about the UFL? LOL

brakos82
11-30-2009, 01:07 PM
How about the UFL? LOL

The Ugly Football League? Probably.

mootini
11-30-2009, 01:09 PM

OK, back to this question? Jags sucks so bad....they are in 2nd palce of the AFC South....have one of the cheapest ticket prices in the NFL and cannot lift a blackout. We better sell out for that Thursday Night game vs. Colts or the media will have a feeding frenzy.

gwallaia
11-30-2009, 01:10 PM
1 point.

Many years ago I seem to remember a game between the Vikings and Lions. The Lions were having trouble getting to the stadium and were at risk of having to forfeit the game. The score would have been 1-0.

Lions eventually showed up and lost anyway.

Texan_Bill
11-30-2009, 01:14 PM
How about the UFL? LOL

LMAO!! I dunno about that one.

mootini
11-30-2009, 01:16 PM
The Ugly Football League? Probably.

Exactly!!!!

Texan_Bill
11-30-2009, 01:19 PM
OK, back to this question? Jags sucks so bad....they are in 2nd palce of the AFC South....have one of the cheapest ticket prices in the NFL and cannot lift a blackout. We better sell out for that Thursday Night game vs. Colts or the media will have a feeding frenzy.

If each fan or a number of fans bought an extra ticket or two maybe y'all can get it sold out. Then donate those extra tickets to a charity or some cause.

mootini
11-30-2009, 01:20 PM
What would be the name for a Texan team for the UFL? Texan Tumble Weeds? LOL The Florida Tuskers,(oink, oink) is terrible, but not as bad as the California Redwoods.

Texan_Bill
11-30-2009, 01:20 PM
What would be the name for a Texan team for the UFL? Texan Tumble Weeds? LOL The Florida Tuskers,(oink, oink) is terrible, but not as bad as the California Redwoods.

Houston Gamblers.

Oooops that was the uSfl.. :runaway:

mootini
11-30-2009, 01:29 PM
If each fan or a number of fans bought an extra ticket or two maybe y'all can get it sold out. Then donate those extra tickets to a charity or some cause.

Really sad it's come down to this. People in Jville like to watch football from their couch. The ratings don't lie. The Jags pull more TV ratings than the Gators do. I love going to a NFL game. I will always remember the good and bad and enjoy the whole experience. I have taken 4 people this season to see the Jags/NFL game for their 1st time. They are hooked and really enjoyed the experience. My family and friends are doing the same thing. Once people realize it's not just a game you're seeing, but you are enjoying an experience.

mootini
11-30-2009, 01:30 PM
Houston Gamblers.

Oooops that was the uSfl.. :runaway:

I like them...but I was a Jacksonville BULLS fan..ironic? BEEFY

Texan_Bill
11-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Really sad it's come down to this. People in Jville like to watch football from their couch. The ratings don't lie. The Jags pull more TV ratings than the Gators do. I love going to a NFL game. I will always remember the good and bad and enjoy the whole experience. I have taken 4 people this season to see the Jags/NFL game for their 1st time. They are hooked and really enjoyed the experience. My family and friends are doing the same thing. Once people realize it's not just a game you're seeing, but you are enjoying an experience.

It is sad, but..........

I fear that if the Texans don't get off suck soon, the same thing could happen here. That's a good idea too, bring newbies for their first live NFL experience.

Texan_Bill
11-30-2009, 01:36 PM

Holy COW!! (okay, pun intended), I forgot about the Jacksonvill Bulls. That's hilarious!!

76Texan
11-30-2009, 01:39 PM
I do think back in the early days of the NFL, you could get a point? Not sure? Oh well, This would be a cool topic..discussing football rules.

What about this scenario:

Let's say the Jags go for a 2-point conversion.
Garrard takes the ball and runs all the way back to the Jags' own end zone.
Anybody scores a point?

76Texan
11-30-2009, 01:41 PM

http://www.oursportscentral.com/usfl/images/bulls.gif

gwallaia
11-30-2009, 01:43 PM
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_score_of_a_forfeited_NFL_game

mootini
11-30-2009, 01:44 PM
http://www.oursportscentral.com/usfl/images/bulls.gif

Oh no, my BEEF is getting out!!!! Maybe, I like the TEXANS secretly? LOL MOOOOOO tini

mootini
11-30-2009, 01:44 PM
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_score_of_a_forfeited_NFL_game

Thanks...I feel dumb now!:whip:

mootini
11-30-2009, 01:45 PM
What about this scenario:

Let's say the Jags go for a 2-point conversion.
Garrard takes the ball and runs all the way back to the Jags' own end zone.
Anybody scores a point?

Hey, Don't give Jerrard any ideas...MOOOO

mootini
11-30-2009, 01:47 PM
Holy COW!! (okay, pun intended), I forgot about the Jacksonvill Bulls. That's hilarious!!

Maybe that's why the Texans have a winning record vs. the Jags?

Texan_Bill
11-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Maybe that's why the Texans have a winning record vs. the Jags?

Whatever it may be, I'm just glad we have a winning record against anyone.

76Texan
11-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Oh no, my BEEF is getting out!!!! Maybe, I like the TEXANS secretly? LOL MOOOOOO tini
LOL, for real?
That's how the name came about? LMAO!

mootini
11-30-2009, 01:53 PM
Whatever it may be, I'm just glad we have a winning record against anyone.

A broom this year would make me happy...help even up that.

mootini
11-30-2009, 01:56 PM
LOL, for real?
That's how the name came about? LMAO!

Yes! LOL, Kinda has a double meaning? ...also, for the very nerdy, if you are a Star Wars buff..."mootini" is what the Jawas say, when they take down R2D2 in the desert.

Double Barrel
11-30-2009, 01:58 PM

I tried to think of something witty for the Hoover Bowl this weekend, but I've got nothing. All this suckiness just emptied my capacity for wit today.

Texan_Bill
11-30-2009, 02:00 PM
A broom this year would make me happy...help even up that.

I would have to shoot myself if we lost and were swept. Or at the very least I would have to go on hiatus for the rest of the year. :gun:

mootini
11-30-2009, 02:04 PM
I tried to think of something witty for the Hoover Bowl this weekend, but I've got nothing. All this suckiness just emptied my capacity for wit today.

I feel for you guys, those last 3 games where a killer. There is still time left in this season. If the Texans get hot, you guys have the fire power to get to the playoffs. I'm happy the Jags are atleast in the conversation of playoffs. Maybe the Jags will bring you back to life, like we have done for the Titans? December is when you want your team to playing it's best.

76Texan
11-30-2009, 02:04 PM
It's called a vacuum, there's nothing inside! http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

mootini
11-30-2009, 02:07 PM
I would have to shoot myself if we lost and were swept. Or at the very least I would have to go on hiatus for the rest of the year. :gun:
No, even if the Texans lose, you guys still have a shot for the playoffs. All these AFC teams are going to be beating up on each other. The Ravens helped by beating the Steelers, barely in OT Last night. When the Ravens play the Steelers, hopefully the Steelers will beat them. The team that has a cupcake walk for a wild card is Denver.

brakos82

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/experiment.png

76Texan
The thought had reigned for the past two weeks! :choke:

mootini
11-30-2009, 02:09 PM
It's called a vacuum, there's nothing inside! http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

Well atleast 1..me MOO tini..if it rains, I'll camo in with the tarps.

The Hoover Suck bowl...maybe that's why the St Johns river flows north? All the sucking?

Texan_Bill
11-30-2009, 02:10 PM

Don't sugar coat it. Call it what it really is... Suck Bowl 2009

76Texan
11-30-2009, 02:11 PM
Yes! LOL, Kinda has a double meaning? ...also, for the very nerdy, if you are a Star Wars buff..."mootini" is what the Jawas say, when they take down R2D2 in the desert.

I just thought you like the drink.

Moontini

1 1/2 ounces vodka
3/4 ounces blue cointreau
3/4 ounces orange juice
optional garnish - orange slice, or orange rind

Mix in a shaker with ice. Mix well. Strain and serve straight up in chilled martini glass

mootini
11-30-2009, 02:20 PM
I just thought you like the drink.

Moontini

1 1/2 ounces vodka
3/4 ounces blue cointreau
3/4 ounces orange juice
optional garnish - orange slice, or orange rind

Mix in a shaker with ice. Mix well. Strain and serve straight up in chilled martini glass

Sounds awesome for tailgating!!!! OK, if Jags win, You guys have to order one of these and say, Jags MOOOOOO tini rules, in front of friends/family. If the Texans win? What do I have to drink and say? Deal? Something like Red BULL and whatever?

Blazing Arrow
11-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Sounds awesome for tailgating!!!! OK, if Jags win, You guys have to order one of these and say, Jags MOOOOOO tini rules, in front of friends/family. If the Texans win? What do I have to drink and say? Deal? Something like Red BULL and whatever?

If the Texans win they could mix 1 part Red Bull 2 parts Jag fans tears?

On a more serious note though. If Titans and Texans win. Miami loss and a Baltimore loss there could be 5 of the 8 teams competing for the last playoff spot at 6-6. That would be crazy!

Texan_Bill
11-30-2009, 03:23 PM
On a more serious note though. If Titans and Texans win. Miami loss and a Baltimore loss there could be 5 of the 8 teams competing for the last playoff spot at 6-6. That would be crazy!

Use to be that a 9-7 finish in the AFC wouldn't even be close to making the playoffs. This year it seems like that may be possible

brakos82
11-30-2009, 03:34 PM
Use to be that a 9-7 finish in the AFC wouldn't even be close to making the playoffs. This year it seems like that may be possible

Looks like the 2010's might be NFC-dominant. :peek:

Texan_Bill
11-30-2009, 04:25 PM
Looks like the 2010's might be NFC-dominant. :peek:

It's about time that pendulum swung. Conference domination is cyclical.

Blazing Arrow
11-30-2009, 04:48 PM
It's about time that pendulum swung. Conference domination is cyclical.

The NFC is not looking all that great itself. Right now the wildcard spots could easily be filled with 9-7 teams.

Wolf
11-30-2009, 05:02 PM

well the LFL gives me atleast one point UP!

http://www.lflus.com/

Texan_Bill
11-30-2009, 05:08 PM
well the LFL gives me atleast one point UP!

http://www.lflus.com/

:lol:

Blazing Arrow
11-30-2009, 05:15 PM
That league is already starting to change:

COMMISSIONER MITCHELL MORTAZA'S OFFICE ANNOUNCED EARLIER TODAY FURTHER FALLOUT FROM THE BENCH-CLEARING BRAWL BETWEEN THE NEW YORK MAJESTY AND MIAMI CALIENTE ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 13TH. AS THE SCORE BECAME MORE LOPSIDED, TENSION GREW AND WITH ABOUT :29 SECONDS REMAINING IN THE GAME A FULL-FLEDGED STREET FIGHT BROKE OUT. NEW YORK QUARTERBACK KRYSTAL GRAY WAS ALMOST IMMEDIATELY SUSPENDED AND FINED IN HER ROLE IN THE FIGHT.

NOW COMES FURTHER ACTION FROM COMMISSIONER MORTAZA'S OFFICE IN THE FORM OF A FINE LEVIED AGAINST MIAMI QUARTERBACK ANONKA DIXON FOR HER INVOLVEMENT. PROCEEDS FROM THE FINE WILL GO TO A MIAMI BASED CHARITY OF ANONKA DIXON'S CHOICE. NO WORD IN TERMS OF FURTHER ACTION FROM THE LEAGUE OFFICE OUTSIDE OF THE BELOW STATEMENT RELEASED EARLIER TODAY:

"OUR ATHLETES ARE ROLE MODELS AND WILL NEED TO ACT ACCORDINGLY. THE ACTIONS OF A FEW INDIVIDUALS IN A ISOLATED GAME CERTAINLY IS NOT A REFLECTION OF THIS LEAGUE. MY OFFICE WILL CONTINUE TO TAKE MEASURES TO AVOID THESE SITUATIONS WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT OUR ATHLETES ARE COMPETITIVE INDIVIDUALS THAT PLAY AN INTENSE GAME.

MOST OF OUR ATHLETES ARE NOT ACCUSTOMED TO THIS LEVEL OF FAN FARE AND MEDIA ATTENTION, SO WE ANTICIPATE A LEARNING-CURVE IN THE COMING FEW SEASONS AS OUR PLAYERS COME TO THE REALIZATION THAT THEY ARE PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES UNDER A MICROSCOPE".

MITCHELL S. MORTAZA
COMMISSIONER
LINGERIE FOOTBALL LEAGUE

http://www.lflus.com/news/miamifine.html

Texan_Bill
11-30-2009, 05:17 PM
That league is already starting to change:

http://www.lflus.com/news/miamifine.html

Awesome. Cat fights in lingerie... :thumbup

Blazing Arrow
11-30-2009, 05:25 PM
Awesome. Cat fights in lingerie... :thumbup

Yeah I tried to look it up on youtube with no luck. The game highlights though are very nice. Some of those girls just crush each other on hits. It also seems to be legal to grab at the ball carriers clothing in an attempt to tackle them.

brakos82
11-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Yeah I tried to look it up on youtube with no luck. The game highlights though are very nice. Some of those girls just crush each other on hits. It also seems to be legal to grab at the ball carriers clothing in an attempt to tackle them.

Didn't I hear somewhere that Houston got a team? :doot:

Wolf
11-30-2009, 05:33 PM

yeah, I hear they will be called the Houston Billionaires after a hardcore training camp and depending on who makes the team
:whistle:

Texan_Bill
11-30-2009, 05:38 PM
yeah, I hear they will be called the Houston Billionaires after a hardcore training camp and depending on who makes the team
:whistle:

I plan on testing their skillz rather thoroughly. :D

What?? I'm just sayin'.

Wolf
11-30-2009, 05:42 PM
I plan on testing their skillz rather thoroughly. :D

What?? I'm just sayin'.

wonderlic score has a new meaning

:smiliedance:

Blazing Arrow
11-30-2009, 05:49 PM

Dallas clinched the playoffs is all I saw. I would recomend watching some of the highlights from the Seattle game. A game winning TD through the line where the girls undies get basically torn off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaxpEyDVuO8&feature=related

if you are to lazy to search. Here is the main highlight to see.

Texan_Bill
11-30-2009, 05:50 PM
wonderlic score has a new meaning

:smiliedance:

:spit: She who does well with the wonderlic, starts.

mootini
12-01-2009, 08:18 AM

It does seem like that 9-7 might do it this year. The Saints helped beating the Patriots last night. It should be exciting fight for the wildcard. I'm not gettign into the hype..if it happens, it happens. Just enjoy watching the games.

Wow, the Jags score the least amount of points last week, looked worse that the Giants and are still the 6th seed. http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8147d1c0&template=no-right-rail-with-comments&confirm=true

Texan_Bill
12-01-2009, 08:23 AM
It does seem like that 9-7 might do it this year. The Saints helped beating the Patriots last night. It should be exciting fight for the wildcard. I'm not gettign into the hype..if it happens, it happens. Just enjoy watching the games.

Wow, the Jags score the least amount of points last week, looked worse that the Giants and are still the 6th seed. http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8147d1c0&template=no-right-rail-with-comments&confirm=true

Exciting for the Jags and Tinnbreds. The Texans can't fight themselves out of a wet paper bag right now. :gun:

mootini
12-01-2009, 08:31 AM
I heard Mathis is likely, not going to play Sunday..If you have Johnson on your fantasy team..play him big time. The texans are going to be getting a lot of yards in the air Sunday.

Texan_Bill
12-01-2009, 08:33 AM
I heard Mathis is likely, not going to play Sunday..If you have Johnson on your fantasy team..play him big time. The texans are going to be getting a lot of yards in the air Sunday.

There probably will be a lot of yards in the air. But, empty yards.

mootini
12-01-2009, 08:33 AM
Exciting for the Jags and Tinnbreds. The Texans can't fight themselves out of a wet paper bag right now. :gun:

I'm not excited...I'm not getting wrapped up in the early playoff pictures. I've been burned too many times. Let it play out. The Broncos are in, unless they choke big time. Their schedule is very winnable. The jags can really only lose one more game, and still have to face the Texans, Dolphins, Colts, and Patriots. Not going to happen with this defense.

mootini
12-01-2009, 08:35 AM
There probably will be a lot of yards in the air. But, empty yards.

Texans can put up points quickly, the Jags can't and the defense is the worst I have ever seen.

Blazing Arrow
12-01-2009, 10:05 AM

There is a mistake on that page. The Titans are actually below the Jets because the Jets beat us earlier in the season. Actually I am pretty sure because of Baltimore's 3-2 division record they should be above the Jags.

HOU-TEX
12-01-2009, 10:15 AM

Pffft! Sure they can..................for a quarter a game.

Sheesh! What more do you want?

Texan_Bill
12-01-2009, 10:16 AM
There is a mistake on that page. The Titans are actually below the Jets because the Jets beat us earlier in the season. Actually I am pretty sure because of Baltimore's 3-2 division record they should be above the Jags.

I think division records only matter within the respective divisions. Conference records are what's used when comparing teams from different divisions. JAX 5-2, while Baltimore is 6-4.

Again, I'm just thinking.

Texan_Bill
12-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Pffft! Sure they can..................for a quarter a game.

Sheesh! What more do you want?

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1345472/2/istockphoto_1345472_four_fingers.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8G2kX-pYVi0/SXjC8hmP5dI/AAAAAAAAAII/51z6rKeUlEg/s320/4fingers1.jpg

HOU-TEX
12-01-2009, 10:20 AM
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1345472/2/istockphoto_1345472_four_fingers.jpg

Isn't that Carr's hand? He's a hand model, right?

Texan_Bill
12-01-2009, 10:25 AM
Isn't that Carr's hand? He's a hand model, right?

He is a hand model, but works exclusively for Disney:

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=3751102

Blazing Arrow
12-01-2009, 10:43 AM
I think division records only matter within the respective divisions. Conference records are what's used when comparing teams from different divisions. JAX 5-2, while Baltimore is 6-4.

Again, I'm just thinking.

Yeah you are right.

Three or More Clubs
(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in conference games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

spurstexanstros
12-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Yeah you are right.

Three or More Clubs
(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in conference games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

Which begs the question would you prefer Texans playoff fate to be decided by a coin toss or our kicker?

Blazing Arrow
12-01-2009, 06:25 PM
Which begs the question would you prefer Texans playoff fate to be decided by a coin toss or our kicker?

Well a coin flip is 50/50 and your kicker was 1/3 against us so I would take the coin.

OzzO
12-01-2009, 10:05 PM
/\ ZING! Good one.

spurstexanstros
12-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Well a coin flip is 50/50 and your kicker was 1/3 against us so I would take the coin.

our luck we would get the guy who calls the coin toss wrong...wait we did at the game in INDY.

Blazing Arrow
12-02-2009, 11:19 AM
our luck we would get the guy who calls the coin toss wrong...wait we did at the game in INDY.

I watched the game but did not see the coin toss. Seems like you have the Raider curse without the Super Bowls.

Texan_Bill
12-02-2009, 12:13 PM
I watched the game but did not see the coin toss. Seems like you have the Raider curse without the Super Bowls.

:um: I was 16 the last time the Raiders won anything. Thanks for reminding me of that tidbit. :gun:

spurstexanstros
12-02-2009, 05:28 PM
I watched the game but did not see the coin toss. Seems like we have the Oiler curse without the Super Bowl wins.

fixed it fo you...not a curse if you have won the rings

Hookem Horns
12-02-2009, 05:35 PM
I heard it's supposed to be windy in Jax on Sunday. That means the Texans need to prepare for crowd noise because those tarps get really loud when they are flapping in the wind.

mootini
12-03-2009, 06:53 AM
I heard it's supposed to be windy in Jax on Sunday. That means the Texans need to prepare for crowd noise because those tarps get really loud when they are flapping in the wind.

I say Advantage = Jags. Hey, Today on NPR, Talk of the Nation w/Neal Conan will be in Jville discussing the Blackout/economy issues for Jags and the NFL.

Tedc
12-03-2009, 06:55 AM

Nice!

chicagotexan2
12-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Looks like the game will be blacked out locally. On another note Jesse Jackson and Al Sharp(quarter)ton are planning marches to protest the black out.

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription.aspx?EntryId=1349

Austrian
12-04-2009, 07:54 AM
Looks like the game will be blacked out locally. On another note Jesse Jackson and Al Sharp(quarter)ton are planning marches to protest the black out.

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription.aspx?EntryId=1349

Wasn't every game for the Jags this year blacked out?

mootini
12-04-2009, 08:05 AM
Wasn't every game for the Jags this year blacked out?

Sad, but true. I've been to them all...loyal to the end. Hopefully, the Thursday night game vs Colts will be sold out.

chicagotexan2
12-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Sad, but true. I've been to them all...loyal to the end. Hopefully, the Thursday night game vs Colts will be sold out.

Cherish them while you can. I think if there is any franchise movement the Jags will be the first to go.

Texan_Bill
12-04-2009, 09:20 AM
Cherish them while you can. I think if there is any franchise movement the Jags will be the first to go.

In an ironic twist, Bob McNair demands renovations to Reliant Stadium or considers a move to Jacksonville.... :gamer:

mootini
12-04-2009, 09:30 AM

I don't know about that..Raiders have had worst attendence this year. The Jags, currently have the 3rd least attended games this season. There are attendence issues all over the NFL this year.

mootini
12-04-2009, 09:33 AM
BEEF is on the menu, so back to the topic. Any guesses to the out come? I think Texans 24, Jags 30. If the Jags win, I think our series is back to .500?

Texan_Bill
12-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Texans 72 Jags -13

mootini
12-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Texans 72 Jags -13

That would be a close game, but I think more like this BEEF 72, Jags 73.

BigBull17
12-04-2009, 11:48 AM
BEEF is on the menu, so back to the topic. Any guesses to the out come? I think Texans 24, Jags 30. If the Jags win, I think our series is back to .500?

24-17 Texans.

treduke
12-04-2009, 12:34 PM
texans-27
cats-24
a kris brown 48 yard field goal as time expires wins it
MARK IT DOWN!

Texan_Bill
12-04-2009, 12:47 PM
That would be a close game, but I think more like this BEEF 72, Jags 73.

LMAO!! Probably so.

chicagotexan2
12-04-2009, 12:51 PM
I don't think it'll be a close game. Either the Texans get thier ******* together and blow the Jags out or the Texans pack it and get run out of town.

Texans 34
Jag 17

or miami vice versa

brakos82
12-04-2009, 12:58 PM
I don't think it'll be a close game. Either the Texans get thier ******* together and blow the Jags out or the Texans pack it and get run out of town.

Texans 34
Jag 17

or miami vice versa

You just had to make that pun, didncha? :pirate:

mootini
12-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Kris Brown to win the game...I would not take that bet, this year!!! :cow::cow::cow::cow::cow::cow: the MOO dance

Texan_Bill
12-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Kris Brown to win the game...I would not take that bet, this year!!! :cow::cow::cow::cow: the MOO dance

Says the little kitty.

http://blog.pawshpal.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/funny-kitty.jpg

;)

mootini
12-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Says the little kitty.

http://blog.pawshpal.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/funny-kitty.jpg

;)

PURRRRRR, we gonna eat some BEEF Sunday!!!!! :cow::cow::cow::cow: BEEF WEEK RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mootini
12-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Until Monday......a little MOO dance :cow::cow::cow::cow::cow::cow:

Here to a another great game.

Texan_Bill
12-04-2009, 02:33 PM
Until Monday......a little MOO dance :cow::cow::cow::cow::cow::cow:

Here to a another great game.

You love that little smiley, don't you!!

Have a good weekend, good game (injury free of course) and we'll discuss the Texans win Monday.. Or at least I hope it's a win for the mental health of the members here at TT.

Austrian
12-04-2009, 06:22 PM
You love that little smiley, don't you!!

Have a good weekend, good game (injury free of course) and we'll discuss the Texans win Monday.. Or at least I hope it's a win for the mental health of the members here at TT.

QFT. These last weeks were brutal. I sure hope for a good game without injuries though. Beat the kitties:kitten:

Blazing Arrow
12-05-2009, 09:11 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3052/2861307982_49157571e4.jpg?v=0

Just saying

brakos82
12-05-2009, 11:20 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3052/2861307982_49157571e4.jpg?v=0

Just saying

:user:

imatexan
12-05-2009, 01:01 PM
I don't know about that..Raiders have had worst attendence this year. The Jags, currently have the 3rd least attended games this season. There are attendence issues all over the NFL this year.

The BIG difference in this situation is that the Jags have a winning record and have the past few years.

The Raiders are a complete mess and have been for a few years, no comparison.

You are actually number 2 now in lowest attendance, Detroit averages around 3,000 more ;)

Sorry but I am really hoping the Jags move to LA because I plan on moving to LA in the next year and would love to see some NFL football.

mootini
12-07-2009, 07:42 AM
Good game yesterday. I'm stuffed with BEEF and gloat that the Jags are still in the hunt for a playoff spot. I'm still not counting them in. They have a lot of football to play. Sunday vs. Dolphins will be fun to see. Again, another game for two teams fighting for the playoff spot. I like to do my MOO dance today as my celebration. :cow::cow::cow::cow::cow::cow: