PDA

View Full Version : My live chat with Nick Scurfield questions

TheRealJoker
09-22-2009, 01:56 PM
I just submitted two questions for Nick Scurfield and he answered them during his Q&A:

Chad - Mount Vernon, IA, US: What do you think Coach Kubiak has done wrong in the past when the team comes out and does not play up to its potential? Two examples are the Raiders game last year and the Jets game on opening day this year. What do you think he is doing to improve what, in my opinion, is his biggest weakness as a head coach (inability to get his team ready to play 100% consistently).

Nick Scurfield: The Texans are a young team, and Kubiak is growing as a head coach right along with them. If you listen to the players, they love playing for him and respect the way he runs the team. That opening game was a huge disappointment to everybody, and Kubiak put the blame on himself. The Texans still made mistakes at TEN, but it's safe to say the team was a lot better prepared for that game.

Chad - Mount Vernon, TX, US: Thanks for answering that last question Nick. One more from me: Why do you think DelJuan Robinson isn't getting more playing time? I know he had that calf injury issue in week 1 but when he's on the field he looks like our best DT and its puzzling to me why he's not given more playing time. It seems whether he's lining up at 3 technique or NT he's the best DT we have for either spot.

Nick Scurfield:

Not sure of his final stats in the game, but I know he played and can remember at least one tackle. But when you miss a game like he did in Week 1, that sets you back. I'll see if we can ask Kubiak or some other coaches about him this week

gtexan02
09-22-2009, 03:13 PM
Are you from TX or IA?

TheRealJoker
09-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Born and raised in and around Houston. Go to school in Iowa.

barrett
09-22-2009, 04:19 PM
I think I submitted that exact same question about Robinson 4 times just to make sure it got answered.

and um... well, ... it remains a mystery. everyone's response is kind of the same... it's as if it's an afterthought.

Somebody even asked about him in the post practice questions and Kubiak was like "who?"

It's the most baffling thing other than why Okoye is the starter.