PDA

View Full Version : Fred Bennett--Free Safety?

HJam72
09-22-2009, 04:22 AM
Title says it all. He's listed as 6'1" and 200 lbs., so he sounds big enough. Maybe I wouldn't even ask if he was doing as well as I'd hoped at CB, and I'm OK will E. Wilson (sort of); but, well? Might we already have a badly needed, ball-hawking FS on this team that is currently a mediocre CB?

awtysst
09-22-2009, 07:09 AM
Title says it all. He's listed as 6'1" and 200 lbs., so he sounds big enough. Maybe I wouldn't even ask if he was doing as well as I'd hoped at CB, and I'm OK will E. Wilson (sort of); but, well? Might we already have a badly needed, ball-hawking FS on this team that is currently a mediocre CB?

I actually thought Molden would be a Saftey: 6'1 202lbs.

TimeKiller
09-22-2009, 07:13 AM
Molden can't get on the field and Bennett doesn't have the tackling skills to be a backend defender. It probably works on Madden. Adibi at SS was awesome on Madden.

CloakNNNdagger
09-22-2009, 07:25 AM
Molden can't get on the field and Bennett doesn't have the tackling skills to be a backend defender. It probably works on Madden. Adibi at SS was awesome on Madden.

Bennett can get to the offense player.......... he just doesn't seem to know what to do when he gets there.

TimeKiller
09-22-2009, 07:51 AM
CND, what does Bennett do well? His first year he seemed like a ballhawk and a decent CB. Last year he just seemed like he couldn't find the handle and this year it's like there is no handle. What is he doing to stay on the field so much?

HOU-TEX
09-22-2009, 09:19 AM

I agree here. Bennett's been very disappointing so far this season.

He was a one year wonder.....er....a half year wonder? He's been a crappy tackler ever since.

nero THE zero
09-22-2009, 09:22 AM
Quin and Molden would both get looks at FS before Bennett would. But, Wilson is better than either of them at FS as it stands and his experience is an asset back there on such a young defense.

But, after this season the position needs to be upgraded and not by a band-aid from a CB transfer already on the team. It needs to be upgraded by a high draft pick or high profile FA signing. We need a major upgrade at both safety positions.