View Full Version : Live Kubiak presser 3.30pm

Malloy
09-21-2009, 03:27 PM
I'm guessing thats in 5 minutes?

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/index.asp?mm_file_id=3431&play_clip=y

I've got a picture of a mic atm..

Malloy
09-21-2009, 03:29 PM
They're testing the mic atm, guessing this thing is on in 2 min.

Hardcore Texan
09-21-2009, 03:29 PM
I am tuned in and ready.

Hardcore Texan
09-21-2009, 03:33 PM
My wife thinks Kubiak looks like Christian Slater, just throwing that out there while we wait.

Hardcore Texan
09-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Chester is getting scoped on Wednesday.....gonna miss some time.

Hardcore Texan
09-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Reeves, Walter, Davis are still day to day, Cody should be ready for the Jags.

texasguy346
09-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Good chance for Reeves and Cody to be back next week. Davis and Walter are day to day still but have a good shot at being ready for Jags.

brakos82
09-21-2009, 03:49 PM
My wife thinks Kubiak looks like Christian Slater, just throwing that out there while we wait.

http://fametastic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/christian_slater.jpg

Don't see it. :thinking:

TimeKiller
The jist:

-How do you feel after a review of the game?
Feels good to get a win but plenty to work on. Running the ball, scheme issues, blocking up front. Excited to stay committed to the run even down 21-7. Defensively last in the league stopping the run, that doesn't cut it in this league.

-Is Slaton running like he was last year?
Big concern is fumbles.

-Planning to help stop the run?
Putting out 8 men in the box. Assignments aren't getting done. Scheme and talent is there but assignments aren't.

-Wish you had Cedric Benson?
We had a chance, evaluated him and went a different direction. "We gotta play with who we got"

-Aldridge?
Fast, plenty of time to learn.

-Chester Pitts MRI results?
Nothing in-depth, scope on Wednesday, better answer then.

-Studdard's play?
Plays on emotion, effort. Makes mistakes due to aggressiveness but he fits and did his job. Earned his spot in camp.

-Lineup changes due to mental mistakes?
No. Barber had an issue, McCain, Cushing technique issue. Young players but he says "we're going with you".

-Started Bulman, what's the deal?
Antonio had a couple issues with responsibility to the team last week. Showing up on time.

-Defense?
They showed up late in the game. Still disappointed in 3rd downs and such but the stepped up.

Injuries?
Cody good to go. Reeves progressing but looked fatigued. Walter still day to day.

Busing a starter?
He played 25-30 snaps. Continues to do good things. Look for a rotation at S to see who can grab the spot and hold on.

Scared of Jacksonville at 0-2?
Better not overlook them. Big week.

MJD thinks what?
He's licking his chops. FROM KUBIAKS MOUTH. Gotta stop the run.

Schaub's health factoring into the game?
Very impressed with Schaub. Took shots, made plays. No sacks, no TOs. He's close to 100%.

Road win a momentum builder?
Yes but still need to play better.

Andre's catch was awesome was it not?
Yes it was.

Matt came back to JJ after a drop. What's the deal with that?
Play with confidence. Make a mistake, get up and make the next play. That's what JJ did. The play wasn't designed for him but a great read by Matt to see him open.

Cushing's impact?
More he plays the better he gets. He and 59 were the shit.

The fight?
Finnegan and Andre got after each other and it melted down from there. Can't lose games because of stuff like that.

I paraphrased questions and answers but that's it. I think we've got another good battle ahead with Jacksonville but I expect that team to continue it's losing ways.

Malloy
Vonta L....

argh... missing sound now...

TheDrifter
09-21-2009, 03:50 PM
He's very good at:

"Thank you."

/BATMANEXIT

Hardcore Texan
09-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Vonta L....

argh... missing sound now...

That's okay, she's cute.

Malloy
09-21-2009, 03:52 PM
That's okay, she's cute.

Yeah, but still... What was she saying about Vonta? :)

gtexan02
09-21-2009, 03:53 PM
I get the feeling Kubiak would start MJD next week if he had him on fantasy

Texan_Bill
09-21-2009, 03:56 PM
Cushing's impact?

lol: Writer's embellishment??

TheDrifter
I get the feeling Kubiak would start MJD next week if he had him on fantasy

Crap.

I play MJD next week.

dalemurphy
Let's see:

Questions asked:

1. How do you feel today?
2. How good a catch was Andre's?
3. What about the fight on the sideline?
4. What's MJDrew thinking right now?

UGGGH!

Questions not asked:
1. Why didn't the coaching staff call a timeout when Chris Johnson was left uncovered? Did anybody recognize it pre snap?

2. On the 91 yard TD run, what was Okoye's responsibility? He got pushed 15 yards across the field and seemed uninterested in holding his ground.

HoustonFrog
09-21-2009, 03:59 PM
The jist:

Antonio had a couple issues with responsibility to the team last week. Showing up on time.

Is Antonio a head case?Sure seems like it at times.

76Texan
09-21-2009, 04:00 PM
MS is close to 100% ... so we have the confirmation that Schaub's ankle was still bad in the Jets' game. :devilpig:

Thanks TimeKiller , for the recap.
Good job!

ObsiWan
09-21-2009, 04:11 PM
We had a chance, evaluated him and went a different direction. "We gotta play with who we got"

They could have asked that about Mike Bell too...

gtexan02
09-21-2009, 04:14 PM
I can't stand the stupid what if questions. Youve got the guy there for 15 minutes, and you ask "What if we had Cedric Benson" Are you kidding?

Jackie Chiles
09-21-2009, 04:17 PM
I can't stand the stupid what if questions. Youve got the guy there for 15 minutes, and you ask "What if we had Cedric Benson" Are you kidding?

Barry whatshisface that asked that question is just a loudmouthed know it all. Heard him on the radio the other night spouting some nonsense. Weird guy.

Honoring Earl 34
09-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Barry whatshisface that asked that question is just a loudmouthed know it all. Heard him on the radio the other night spouting some nonsense. Weird guy.

Yep ... how he has a job is a mystery to me . He's been around since the days of Anita Martini .

hookinreds
09-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Yep ... how he has a job is a mystery to me . He's been around since the days of Anita Martini .

Good loward...now there's a flashback!

Yankee_In_TX
09-21-2009, 04:47 PM
The jist:

Cushing's impact?

I paraphrased questions and answers but that's it. I think we've got another good battle ahead with Jacksonville but I expect that team to continue it's losing ways.

I was hoping that was a diret quote :)

Yankee_In_TX
09-21-2009, 04:48 PM
Questions not asked:
1. Why didn't the coaching staff call a timeout when Chris Johnson was left uncovered? Did anybody recognize it pre snap?

Kubiak is on 610 at 5. Everyone IM the station and tell them to ask.

TimeKiller
09-21-2009, 04:50 PM
I said I paraphrased Bill but that's actually what Kubiak said.

2. On the 91 yard TD run, what was Okoye's responsibility? He got pushed 15 yards across the field and seemed uninterested in holding his ground.

Wow, I think I'd rather know the answers to those two questions than all of the rest!

Is Antonio a head case?Sure seems like it at times.
Insanity? No, I don't think so but maybe a bit full of himself. I've read in more than one place he's among the league's best at talking trash. As long as he's cool with teammates/coaches yankin' on the reigns I'm cool with the attitude on the field. He may not be Reggie 2.0 but he's twice the player Weaver EVER was.

GP
09-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Kubiak has a plan for getting Cushing and DeMeco ready for MJD.

I like the idea of weapons and a net, but the loin cloth is not gonna' work for this market. Well, maybe for SheTexan.

http://www.meredy.com/kirkdouglas/spartacus.jpg

JCTexan
09-21-2009, 05:43 PM
The jist:

-How do you feel after a review of the game?
Feels good to get a win but plenty to work on. Running the ball, scheme issues, blocking up front. Excited to stay committed to the run even down 21-7. Defensively last in the league stopping the run, that doesn't cut it in this league.

-Is Slaton running like he was last year?
Big concern is fumbles.

-Planning to help stop the run?
Putting out 8 men in the box. Assignments aren't getting done. Scheme and talent is there but assignments aren't.

-Aldridge?
Fast, plenty of time to learn.

-Chester Pitts MRI results?
Nothing in-depth, scope on Wednesday, better answer then.

-Studdard's play?
Plays on emotion, effort. Makes mistakes due to aggressiveness but he fits and did his job. Earned his spot in camp.

-Lineup changes due to mental mistakes?
No. Barber had an issue, McCain, Cushing technique issue. Young players but he says "we're going with you".

-Defense?
They showed up late in the game. Still disappointed in 3rd downs and such but the stepped up.

Injuries?
Cody good to go. Reeves progressing but looked fatigued. Walter still day to day.

Busing a starter?
He played 25-30 snaps. Continues to do good things. Look for a rotation at S to see who can grab the spot and hold on.

Scared of Jacksonville at 0-2?
Better not overlook them. Big week.

MJD thinks what?
He's licking his chops. FROM KUBIAKS MOUTH. Gotta stop the run.

Schaub's health factoring into the game?
Very impressed with Schaub. Took shots, made plays. No sacks, no TOs. He's close to 100%.

Road win a momentum builder?
Yes but still need to play better.

Andre's catch was awesome was it not?
Yes it was.

Matt came back to JJ after a drop. What's the deal with that?
Play with confidence. Make a mistake, get up and make the next play. That's what JJ did. The play wasn't designed for him but a great read by Matt to see him open.

Cushing's impact?

The fight?
Finnegan and Andre got after each other and it melted down from there. Can't lose games because of stuff like that.

Rep your way.

mexican_texan
09-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Let's see:

Questions asked:

1. How do you feel today?
2. How good a catch was Andre's?
3. What about the fight on the sideline?
4. What's MJDrew thinking right now?

UGGGH!

Questions not asked:

I heard on 610 this morning that they attempted to take a timeout, but no one noticed in time.

Goatcheese
09-21-2009, 06:34 PM

It looks like he engages, thinks it's a pass, then runs a stunt, before realizing his mistake and trying to get back in his gap.

Fox
09-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Our media is almost as soft as our D.