PDA

View Full Version : game review

utahmark
09-21-2009, 03:01 PM
i havent done this in awhile but i'm off work today and have some time. plus it was a great win. i'm sure there are people more qualified but here is what i see on a series by series recap. and if your a member of the spell police don't even read, i'm a math guy.

1st quarter. 1st run play joel dreessen gets manhandled and slaton has nowhere to run. the other run playes where blocked ok. tenn linebackers where coming up and making play's. nice screen so slaton.

tenn ball. some good penetration on a couple of run plays buy okoye and bulman. neither made the tackle but it is still nice to see. as far as i can tell cushing probably was responsible for not letting johnson get outside on his first big run. there was also some great blocking by tenn on the safty and db. the safty didnt have a chance. mccain needs to find a way of getting around the wr to make a tackle.

tenn has 9 men in the box on our first run play. nobody would get yards on the gound against that. next run play they only have 7 men in the box but all 3 linebackers are lined up to the strong side and we run right at them. we have 4 guys blocking 5. we need a little misdirection. again 8 men in the box. leach didnt get much of a lead block and nowhere to run. winston is having his hands full so far with kearse. schaubs had to hurry a couple of throws. 8 men in the box on first down again. tenn is not going to let us run on first down. we actually pick up 4 or 5 on this one. slaton does a good job of keeping his feet moving. johnson droped 2 balls so far. i dont think we will be able to count on him today:winky:, d. anderson nice catch. 8 men in the box on another run. aj is a beast.

that guitar hero 5 comercial was awesome.

from what i read in the paper d. barber was the man responsible for c. johnson stupid td(that wouldn't be cushings responsibility). kubes try calling a time out or something.

brown false start. they finally have 7 in the box on first down....... we pass.

end of 1st.

HTown2ATX
09-21-2009, 03:04 PM
GOD I need to pony up and get a DVR! I would love to watch that game over and over again! What an up and down game. Hearing the fans boo the possum squallor "little people" at the end of that game was music to my ears. Gives me goose bumps. I am so amped to see round 2!!!! We punched the dang tacks from the squallor in front of their own barnyard and the livestock went nuts....haha!!

:aggressive:

Hooston Texan
09-21-2009, 03:44 PM
GOD I need to pony up and get a DVR! I would love to watch that game over and over again!

A DVR is almost a necessity for an obsessed fan.

Unfortunately, it appears that an old UVA superstition of mine is still in effect: Schaub loses the games that I record and wins the games I don't. When he was at UVA, I recorded games the old-fashioned way, so I was hoping the superstition only applied to VCR recordings. Suffice it to say, the curse has migrated to my DVR. A more frustrating superstition I cannot imagine.

But, for this week, we are good: the game has been designated for Replay by the NFL Network. They'll condense it down to 90 minutes and begin airing it Tuesday evening. Go to your local cable company today and get that DVR.

utahmark
09-21-2009, 03:50 PM
2cnd quarter

schaub doent seem to be able to throw off his back foot.

busing and diles look to have lost outside containment on a 12 yard johnson run. were mostly playing with 7 men in the box and they have been able to run the ball decent so far. couple of 4 and 5 yard gains mixed in there. i was thinking we shut there run down better, maybe later. antonio smith getting a little pressure on the qb and busing with i nice play to break up a pass. td titans, just a nice play.

aj td. titan fans in the stands looked shocked.lol

6 men on the line, 2 more in the box and we stuff the run. no one did anything special we just had more men than they did. we blitz an extra guy he still had some time but poor throw/decesion results in an int. by wilson.

jj cant catch. jj can catch.

we have decided they are not running anymore. they were running the ball fairly well in the first quarter. we have brought an extra guy into the box on running plays and they arent going anywhere anymore. still dont see any of our lineman beating there's on run or pass play's. just good defensive scheme. now there is a play by cushing on a screen.

nice couple of first downs. d. brown gets beat with tenn blitzing schaub gets the ball out quick for a nice gain to dreessen. we finally run when there is 6 maybe 7 in the box. brown beats studdard and makes the play. that was casey's first play after the pitt's injury and he gets beat. nice pass protection ball overthrown. andre was held away from the play(no call).

we are up 24 to 21

our 4 man rush isnt getting pressure on the qb. fred bennet got faked out by c. johnson. we finally get some pressure. the one and only super mario. if we didnt have him i think teams might just line up 4 offensive lineman to block our 4 d lineman.:thinking:. cushing with a holding penalty. they are talking about collins like he is a scientist with his clock management. then he throws what should be a end a half play to the middle of the field and c. johnson saves the field goal by running to the side lines. fg end of half.

so far we cant run more because the titans are using extra defenders to stop us, its not really anything we are doing wrong. our defensive line is not getting much pressure. our linebackers are playing well. and the db havent made any physical mistakes. couple of mental ones.

i'm taking a break. hopefully i will be able to do the second half in a little bit.

HTown2ATX
09-21-2009, 04:30 PM
A DVR is almost a necessity for an obsessed fan.

Unfortunately, it appears that an old UVA superstition of mine is still in effect: Schaub loses the games that I record and wins the games I don't. When he was at UVA, I recorded games the old-fashioned way, so I was hoping the superstition only applied to VCR recordings. Suffice it to say, the curse has migrated to my DVR. A more frustrating superstition I cannot imagine.

But, for this week, we are good: the game has been designated for Replay by the NFL Network. They'll condense it down to 90 minutes and begin airing it Tuesday evening. Go to your local cable company today and get that DVR.

At the end of the game, one of the first things I thought was that this game is gonna be on NFLN Replay and rest assured I will catch that game on VCR if I have to! Thanks for the heads up on the air date. I'll be tuned in for sure!!

:bender: