PDA

View Full Version : Great Sunday for me!

Hookem Horns
09-21-2009, 12:33 AM
In a day where I saw my 2 favorite teams (Texans, Giants) take out the 2 teams I hate the most (Titans, Cowboys). What more can I ask for? Maybe it is due to my new man cave. I decked out my covered patio with string lights, etc and installed a flat screen out there for football watching parties. Today was the day I broke it in with the Texans/Titans and Giants/Cowboys. I must say that it was a success. Bud and Jerrah are miserable and I can't be more estatic. :) Life is great!

BTW, Saturday wasn't so bad either.

mattieuk
09-21-2009, 03:42 AM
In a day where I saw my 2 favorite teams (Texans, Giants) take out the 2 teams I hate the most (Titans, Cowboys). What more can I ask for? Maybe it is due to my new man cave. I decked out my covered patio with string lights, etc and installed a flat screen out there for football watching parties. Today was the day I broke it in with the Texans/Titans and Giants/Cowboys. I must say that it was a success. Bud and Jerrah are miserable and I can't be more estatic. :) Life is great!

BTW, Saturday wasn't so bad either.

A sick Sunday for me too. Woke up at 8:00am to watch Chelsea beat Tottenham Hotspur 3-0 in the English Premier League, then from 10am-1:30pm encountered what will go down as Texans folk lore, whilst Schaub, AJ and Chris Johnson won both my fantasy games this week. Plus I had a rather nice ice cream!

SheTexan
09-21-2009, 07:28 AM
Congrats Kevin!! It was a great Sunday for me too. The Texans showed us they have some spunk, and the Niners are now 2-0!! The "girls" lost, and like you said, Jera and Bud are miserable. I slept very well last night!! I'm ONE HAPPY TEXAN this morning!

Showtime100
09-21-2009, 07:39 AM
Congrats Kevin!! It was a great Sunday for me too. The Texans showed us they have some spunk, and the Niners are now 2-0!! The "girls" lost, and like you said, Jera and Bud are miserable. I slept very well last night!! I'm ONE HAPPY TEXAN this morning!

My wife is a Niner fan so I have adopted them as my second team (by far) so that was great. The Jerry's boys lost, Pittsburgh lost (too bad Chicago couldn't lose that one too), but nothing compares to the Texans win!!!!

Unfortunately, instead of Mike And Mike In The Morning, it will be known as Mike, Mike, The Jets, And The Morning If We Get Around To It until further notice.

OzzO
09-21-2009, 08:58 AM
...Maybe it is due to my new man cave. I decked out my covered patio with string lights, etc and installed a flat screen out there for football watching parties....

:worthless:

I don't believe it. I betcha it's a 12" b&w on a half fridge in the corner of your garage. :shades:

(actually, I wanna see it - sounds awesome)

drewmar74
09-21-2009, 09:44 AM
My wife is a Niner fan so I have adopted them as my second team (by far) so that was great. The Jerry's boys lost, Pittsburgh lost (too bad Chicago couldn't lose that one too), but nothing compares to the Texans win!!!!

Unfortunately, instead of Mike And Mike In The Morning, it will be known as Mike, Mike, The Jets, And The Morning If We Get Around To It until further notice.

Bothering you too? I turn them on in the garage in the mornings when I lift. Greenberg's mancrush on Ryan, Sanchez, and the rest of gang green is enough to make you want to puke.

Dread-Head
09-21-2009, 10:21 AM
Bothering you too? I turn them on in the garage in the mornings when I lift. Greenberg's mancrush on Ryan, Sanchez, and the rest of gang green is enough to make you want to puke.

sorry to get off thread, but is that General Hood in your avitar?

Hookem Horns
09-21-2009, 11:19 AM
sorry to get off thread, but is that General Hood in your avitar?

Yep, that is John Bell Hood.

hobie
09-21-2009, 11:20 AM
Hookem, same for me.. Big Blue fan since I was a kid in NY and a Texans win in Nashville.. Love it !!
Beating Bud and Jerry's Kids was a great Sunday !!

kastofsna
09-21-2009, 07:32 PM
the Dolphins didn't lose, so it was a great day for me

the two games i got, Jets/Pats and Steelers/Bears, were both great finishes and upsets to boot, so it was a fun day for the casual fan.