PDA

View Full Version : Which team is gonna show up on Battle Red Day?

TheRealJoker
09-20-2009, 09:37 PM
I cannot begin to explain how awesome this win was...

We were lacking our # 2 and 3 WRs yet still managed to hang 34 points on one of the best defenses in football. Our team got embarrassed week 1 and everyone around the league were calling us soft. Our team answered the bell and came out and literally hit the Titans in the mouth (nice touch with the bench clearing brawl...we need that kind of aggression).

Now its a matter of consistency. We got arguably our biggest win ever. A road win against the favorite to win the division to put them at 0-2 with a real possibility of being 0-3 after they play the Jets in NY next week. We needed this win or imo Kubiak would've lost this team and any shot at playoffs would've been lost. We beat the preseason favorite to win the AFC South IN THEIR HOUSE!!!

How will we respond? Are we gonna read our press clippings and lay a dud on Battle Red Day against Jax? Or are we gonna come out and skin the Jags to make a statement?

Given its Battle Red Day i'm thinking its the latter!!!

Jackie Chiles
09-20-2009, 09:40 PM
We play our most complete game offensively and defensively and win pretty convincingly. A running game is spotted and there is much celebration.

HJam72
09-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Shouldn't battle red day have been against Tenn. or Indy. this year? :cool:

Jackie Chiles
09-20-2009, 09:43 PM

The MNF game against Tenn will be Battle Red.

brakos82
09-20-2009, 09:44 PM

And Indy's always steel blue sunday.

ATXtexanfan
09-20-2009, 09:47 PM
Don't worry, were gonna lay an egg against oakland

brakos82
09-20-2009, 09:48 PM
And the Rams.

Leahmic223
09-20-2009, 09:55 PM

Oakland scares me more than the Jags honestly.

But the Jags are the Jags, those games are always close no matter how bad the other team is. I'm expecting another close battle honestly, and don't the Jags play a 3-4 now? I'm in the middle, i'm just happy we won a game on the road...a big game...we finally won a big game early in the season.

DocBar
09-20-2009, 10:14 PM
We play our most complete game offensively and defensively and win pretty convincingly. A running game is spotted and there is much celebration.

While we did make some key stops when we needed them, we gave up far too many big plays and rushing yards to say this was one of our more complete games on the defensive side of the ball. We won in spite of our rushing defense and because this team showed character and heart that I didn't know they had. Honestly, I thought the game was over at 21-7. Few times in our teams history have they fought back that hard, on the road. Thinking about it, this game kind of reminds me of the Pitt. game where we only had 38 yds of total offense and won. The D carried the day then and the O, mostly Schaub, carried us to victory today. Being that we beat the Tacks today, makes it all the more sweet.

Jackie Chiles
09-20-2009, 10:26 PM
While we did make some key stops when we needed them, we gave up far too many big plays and rushing yards to say this was one of our more complete games on the defensive side of the ball. We won in spite of our rushing defense and because this team showed character and heart that I didn't know they had. Honestly, I thought the game was over at 21-7. Few times in our teams history have they fought back that hard, on the road. Thinking about it, this game kind of reminds me of the Pitt. game where we only had 38 yds of total offense and won. The D carried the day then and the O, mostly Schaub, carried us to victory today. Being that we beat the Tacks today, makes it all the more sweet.

I'm talking about the upcoming Battle Red game against Jacksonville.

DocBar
09-20-2009, 10:57 PM
I'm talking about the upcoming Battle Red game against Jacksonville.OOPS. Just reread your post. Sorry, man.

Norg
09-21-2009, 01:12 AM
Hmm jags facing a 0-3 divison game Iam pretty sure the Jags will be playing for there football lifes !!!!!!! iam telling u another WAR awaits us

Speedy
09-21-2009, 01:51 AM
Honestly, I hope they don't play like they did week one or week two. Giving up 450 or so yards per game isn't going to win you many games.

Marcus
09-21-2009, 02:19 AM
This poll, in itself, describes it all.

The team, while not a bad one, is so inconsistent, you don't know what to expect. That's even more aggravating.

brakos82
09-21-2009, 02:24 AM
I'm gonna say more "Boom-or-Bust" defense, and slightly less offensive production. Still, I don't think MJD is faster than everybody else, so maybe no 90-yard plays.

OK, it's 1 AM, I'm tired as a seagull in a hurricane, and I'm going to bed. LOL

YellerLotYeller
09-21-2009, 03:40 AM
41 to 0.....wow! Where are all the negative people?

ObsiWan
09-21-2009, 08:24 AM
Anything but those Space Ghost
http://www.ugo.com/comic-con/images/comics-on-tv/space-ghost.jpg

...err, Liberty White unis...

I'm starting to hate those

Maddict5
09-21-2009, 09:09 AM
i think they'll have learnt from the raiders game last yr. hopefully that was a blessing in disguise for us

False Start
09-21-2009, 09:14 AM
If we lay an egg in this one, you will be able to hear me freak out in China. The Jags are the new dogs in the division. I'm not chalking this one up as a win, because the Texans don't have that luxury yet, but all things point to a should win. I cant wait till Sunday. :jam: