PDA

View Full Version : Texans Win and we are loving it

Joe Texan
09-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Say what you will about my Texans but I tell you this Team fought hard to come from behind and Beat the Teetons. You had to be there to really see it but it is a total turn around from week one and I will Squash you naysayers.

Jacoby miffed a ball but the Rules saved him. He has got to do some drills on pressure catching.

Matt was superb

I hope the best for Chester but his replacement Played better IMO

Please Discuss and give me what your thoughts are.

toronto
09-20-2009, 08:36 PM
You have an incredible talent at WR. Period. He pwned the Titans again.

HTown2ATX
09-20-2009, 08:39 PM
I don't have enough kool aid to say all is well yet. Not being a naysayer, but we had 2 really stupid assed lapses on D that gave up 14 points. Especially the one where NO ONE covered C. Johnson on the pass.

I will say that I am happy with where we are right now. 1-1 after the 1st two games is where I expected us and I saw that the Jets won against NE today. Not excusing the crapfest last week, but maybe they warrant some credit.

Right now, I think that if we win at home the next 2 games against JAX and OAK and come out 3-1 we are right where I wanted us to be.

Really happy to see that the team came balls out today and hit the toothless wonders from possum squallor in the dang mouth!!

:texflag::texflag::texflag::texflag::texflag:

m5kwatts
09-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Studdard will be next years starting LG. Makes too much sense cap-wise, he's way cheap and we have other free agents to pay. I'm comfortable with this kid in there going forward and I think he'll be in for atleast a few weeks, Chester's thing did not look good at all.

infantrycak
09-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Generally agree JT, but gotta disagree on Pitts. But I guess for some reason folks in Houston will always want him gone. Studdard is hanging onto the league by the skin of his teeth. Pitts is a starter on virtually any team in the league.

gtexan02
09-20-2009, 10:25 PM
The NFL network guy said it better. "Anybody who tells you he knows what to expect from the Texans week to week is lying. They are the most inconsistent team I have ever seen."

Last week against the Jets we score 0 offensive points, and this week we put up 350+ passing yards on the Titans?

I was expecting us to be 1-1 at this point in the season a few months ago, and while not the way I was expecting it, we're still in this one :)

stingray
09-20-2009, 10:27 PM
The NFL network guy said it better. "Anybody who tells you he knows what to expect from the Texans week to week is lying. They are the most inconsistent team I have ever seen."

Last week against the Jets we score 0 offensive points, and this week we put up 350+ passing yards on the Titans?

I was expecting us to be 1-1 at this point in the season a few months ago, and while not the way I was expecting it, we're still in this one :)

Actually, they are very consistent. They lose three out of four... and then they win three out of four. Then they lose three out of four... and then they win three out of four.

I think we're in the middle of a winning three out of four.

Kimmy
09-20-2009, 10:38 PM
Thanks for reppin' us proud up there JT! Y'all looked great :)

DexmanC
09-20-2009, 11:25 PM
I don't have enough kool aid to say all is well yet. Not being a naysayer, but we had 2 really stupid assed lapses on D that gave up 14 points. Especially the one where NO ONE covered C. Johnson on the pass.

I will say that I am happy with where we are right now. 1-1 after the 1st two games is where I expected us and I saw that the Jets won against NE today. Not excusing the crapfest last week, but maybe they warrant some credit.

Right now, I think that if we win at home the next 2 games against JAX and OAK and come out 3-1 we are right where I wanted us to be.

Really happy to see that the team came balls out today and hit the toothless wonders from possum squallor in the dang mouth!!

:texflag::texflag::texflag::texflag::texflag:

I went and watched that play again. Seems that Barber walked
ALL THE WAY to the line of scrimmage when the ball was snapped,
not even LOOKING at the sideline, leaving Johnson WIDE ASSED OPEN.
He was benched for the rest of the game. Good to see that the
coaches stopped pulling Cushing for Adibi on 3rd downs. The kid
has "All-Pro" in his future.

GP
09-20-2009, 11:46 PM

Good post. Rep your way.

Wasn't watching close enough to see that Barber was done for the day after that. Thanks for pointing that out. And that's what should have been done.

In fact, Leach should have been benched in favor of Casey after Leach drew the 15-yarder for taunting. We were soooo lucky to have overcome that penalty. Kubiak should make Leach valet for Owen Daniels for the next week because OD got us out of that jam.

Cushing tackles with authority. It's not something that's learned. It's inside of him. In only his second game, after missing lots of pre-season time due to injury, I thought he was pretty solid (all things considered).

pbat488
09-20-2009, 11:48 PM
Texans win in Tennessee, Cowgirls lose in Dallas, and the Jets beat the Pats so our loss doesn't look so bad, what a great day to be a Texans fan!!!!

NitroGSXR
09-21-2009, 12:20 AM
Texans win in Tennessee, Cowgirls lose in Dallas, and the Jets beat the Pats so our loss doesn't look so bad, what a great day to be a Texans fan!!!!

I want icing on my cake!!

GO DOLPHINS!!

Maddict5
09-21-2009, 05:48 AM
does anyone realise the titans are @ the jets next week. could be 0-3

Tedc
09-21-2009, 06:53 AM
Good post. Rep your way.

Cushing tackles with authority. It's not something that's learned. It's inside of him. In only his second game, after missing lots of pre-season time due to injury, I thought he was pretty solid (all things considered).

That point is huge. When he finally gets to game speed and makes up for the time missed, he could be dominating. I love his quickness and authority when he hits.

Malloy
09-21-2009, 07:20 AM
does anyone realise the titans are @ the jets next week. could be 0-3

Auch, I almost feel bad for the Titans... almost..

Screw it, I hope they go 0-16, suck on that Bud-hole :)

Thorn
09-21-2009, 07:50 AM

Most teams in the NFL are somewhat inconsistent from week to week, it's just the Texans are more so. Hell, even the Pats can go 16-0 and lose to a wild card team in the super bowl. It's the nature of team sports.

I'm happy as hell for the win, but until the Texans put togeather a couple of winning seasons in a row, I'll be drinking beer, not kool-aid.

Grams
09-21-2009, 07:58 AM
Well I don't drink beer or koolade. But is sure is much better on the boards this week without all the "end of the world in Texan football" posts.

It was a fantastic game to watch. They guys played well, showed a lot of fight and attitude and did not give up when trailing by 14.

ObsiWan
09-21-2009, 08:11 AM
Most teams in the NFL are somewhat inconsistent from week to week, it's just the Texans are more so. Hell, even the Pats can go 16-0 and lose to a wild card team in the super bowl. It's the nature of team sports.

I'm happy as hell for the win, but until the Texans put togeather a couple of winning seasons in a row, I'll be drinking beer, not kool-aid.
but, you'd be drinking beer anyway
heh heh heh

Corrosion
09-21-2009, 09:20 AM
I want icing on my cake!!

GO DOLPHINS!!

Dont know which is worse .... A Dolts win or kastofsna's team winning and us having to hear about it. :ant:

Silver Oak
09-21-2009, 09:24 AM
Say what you will about my Texans but I tell you this Team fought hard to come from behind and Beat the Teetons. You had to be there to really see it but it is a total turn around from week one and I will Squash you naysayers.

Jacoby miffed a ball but the Rules saved him. He has got to do some drills on pressure catching.

Matt was superb

I hope the best for Chester but his replacement Played better IMO

Please Discuss and give me what your thoughts are.

Thanks for going and representing Texans fans on the road in Nashville! Maybe you or one of the others can give us more details about the gameday experience, etc later on?

False Start
09-21-2009, 09:40 AM
Way to represent Joe, and crew! :texflag:

This place was as active as I have seen it in a long time after the Jets game. Now after this win its business as usual, I think all of the haters are at a loss for words. :cool:

Runner
09-21-2009, 09:43 AM

I'd like to know why the coaches didn't call time out when C. Johnson was split wide and uncovered. Is it that they didn't see it either?

Dread-Head
09-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Was watching the game with a bud of mine. She's still in awe of your hat man.

brakos82
09-21-2009, 09:44 AM
but, you'd be drinking beer anyway
heh heh heh

That isn't just any kool-aid. LOL

False Start
09-21-2009, 10:06 AM
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/600xPopupGallery-4.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/600xPopupGallery-5.jpg

hookinreds
09-21-2009, 10:55 AM
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/600xPopupGallery-4.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/600xPopupGallery-5.jpg

Oh man, I can only guess how awesome that felt to be there for that moment! Way to do us proud yall!

NitroGSXR
09-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Oh man, I can only guess how awesome that felt to be there for that moment! Way to do us proud yall!

Yup. Just a happy happy happy picture there with Db2Kay and the fellow. Great picture. Says 1000 words. I love it!

Texan_Bill
09-21-2009, 12:03 PM
Generally agree JT, but gotta disagree on Pitts. But I guess for some reason folks in Houston will always want him gone. Studdard is hanging onto the league by the skin of his teeth. Pitts is a starter on virtually any team in the league.

I've never really understood this mentality. Pitts has been a solid lineman. Pro-bowler? Maybe not, but definitely solid.