PDA

View Full Version : Tackling still sloppy

blitz90
09-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Obviously i'm stoked for the win. I'll take the W anyway we can get it but just like last week I saw poor tackling. Mario has been about the only one making the tackles that every NFL player should make. Cushing has look good too however I saw a few mishaps today, Demeco too.

If we can keep playing with this chip on our shoulders and eliminate some of these fundamental mistakes on D, things will be in line for a playoff run.
The running game though, well thats another thread. :D

Jackie Chiles
09-20-2009, 08:18 PM
"Word was strong safety Dominique Barber was supposed to line up wide right on Johnson on the busted TD pass. We didnít see him much if at all after that, with Jon Busing in his place."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/3502/dissecting-houstons-upset-win-in-nashville

Go Busing. Yes, the tackling (among other things, many other things, heh) still needs work.

rollinstone18
09-20-2009, 08:19 PM
i actually liked what i saw out of our linebackers. i think we're set there. we can't let demeco go.

we need a SS and a NT bad, though.

blitz90
09-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Thats right JC, forgot to mention Busing. His tackling, and overall play, has been a bright spot. I think in 3-5 weeks, once our D gets their hands and heads around the packages and responsibilities were going to see a D similar to Philly's of recent years.

New_Texans
09-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Busing is always in the right positioning to make a play on the ball it seems.

Mr teX
09-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Defensive players don't make every tackle every time they have the opportunity to. Sometimes you just have to give it up to the offensive guy & with a weapon like CJ on the other side... The tackling was significantly better than it was in the jets game & overall, i'm comfortable with how the defense tackled today.

blitz90
09-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Improvement from the Jets game? Yeah i'll give 'em that.
Where they need to be to succeed consistently? No

HTown2ATX
09-20-2009, 09:13 PM
Yes. Sloppy tackling still a problem. But loved the win today!

GP
09-20-2009, 09:16 PM
We're hitting people, but failing to wrap up or even grab a leg and hold on.

Too many pinball hits, where the runner magically keeps running after major impact from one of our defenders.

Cushing and 'Meco need to start blind-siding our own guys when they fail to wrap up the first time. The coaches/assistants are not getting the point across on their own. We need our own guys to enforce this.

steelbtexan
09-20-2009, 09:35 PM
"Word was strong safety Dominique Barber was supposed to line up wide right on Johnson on the busted TD pass. We didnít see him much if at all after that, with Jon Busing in his place."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/3502/dissecting-houstons-upset-win-in-nashville

Go Busing. Yes, the tackling (among other things, many other things, heh) still needs work.

The less I see of Barber the better.

We are really missing the run stuffing DT.

Our Lb's will be a strength on this team by the end of the year.

The tackling and overall play of the secondary was atrocious. IMO

WWJD
09-20-2009, 09:52 PM
The Texans need to improve their run defense...and improve their own running game.

They have an explosive pass offense but they need to patch up their running game.

They sure played lights out today though except for those 2 glaring things.