PDA

View Full Version : I told you so!

Dimitri_0515
09-20-2009, 03:37 PM
I told you the Texans are a good football team... Just not as good as the Jets:D

The Pencil Neck
09-20-2009, 03:38 PM
I told you the Texans are a good football team... Just not as good as the Jets:D

Congrats on taking out the Patriots.

I, for one, am feeling a li'l bit better about my team.

Good luck the rest of the way.

MojoMan
09-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Congrats on taking out the Patriots.

I, for one, am feeling a li'l bit better about my team.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Pencil neck,

I think you are allowed to lose the Jet's avatar now, if you feel like it. Or maybe that is your new permanent avatar. There is no accounting for taste.

:)

MojoMan
09-20-2009, 03:43 PM

Thanks Dmitri.

The Jet's appear to have won an epic victory over their arch-rivals, the New England Patriots. Very impressive.

And I understand the Jets get the Titans at home next week. It is a small world. The Jet's need to be ready next Sunday, as the Titans are going to be pissed after losing at home to the Texan's.

The Jet's are shaping up into a very good football team.

CTWade
09-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Sometimes the outside perspective sees the clearest. Hope to see ya in the playoffs, Dimitri.

76Texan
09-20-2009, 03:49 PM
The Jets would have made the play-offs last year if not for the QB's meltdown late in the season!

Carr Bombed
09-20-2009, 03:51 PM

I am VERY happy with the win, but the ball did bounce their way ALOT in this game.. (3 fumbles and a muffed punt called back on a technicality)

Having said that, we made a TON of mental mistakes and were still able to overcome them and get a win......that's a sign of a team that has ALOT of talent (which I think we do), which has the potential to become a very good team. So right now, I'll say we're a very talented team with alot of potential to get better as the season goes on. I'd hold off on calling us anymore than that until they can pair that talent with smart play and execution week in and week out. I really do think if we can clean up mental mistakes (mostly), we might actually make some noise afterall......if we find a running game (almost forgot about that.)

On the flip side though, I think we exposed the Titans.....they aren't what they were last year and aren't a good team. Good teams don't get that many breaks and then lose at home, so take that Titans LOL....

MEGA SWATT
09-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Why are we talking about the Jets....I mean Sanchez is just riding on adrenaline and he will come back down to earth. Hopefully they beat the hell out of the Titans though.

Jackie Chiles
09-20-2009, 03:58 PM
On the flip side though, I think we exposed the Titans.....they aren't what they were last year and aren't a good team. Good teams don't get that many breaks and then lose at home, so take that Titans LOL....

You are way off, the Titans totally don't miss Albert and are the same team as last year.:cricket:

Please beat the crap out of em next week Dimitri.

Leahmic223
09-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Jets play the Titans next! I think we will all be rooting for you guys next sunday!

euro-Texan
09-20-2009, 04:08 PM
I hope the Jets dont just win bt they break the Tacks spirit a well. They have shown the ability to do that.

Houston_Fanatic
09-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Thanks, Dimitri! I still can't believe we pulled off this win - I am in SHOCK.

Now would you puuullleeze whip up on the Titans next week ??? To see them start their season 0-3 would be sooooooo sweet!

steelbtexan
09-20-2009, 04:19 PM
J-E-T-S J-E-T-S J-E-T-S

Jets-Jets-Jets

New_Texans
09-20-2009, 04:22 PM
The Jets look damn good.

Dimitri_0515
09-21-2009, 08:48 AM
why are we talking about the jets....i mean sanchez is just riding on adrenaline and he will come back down to earth. Hopefully they beat the hell out of the titans though.

gfy

Old School
09-21-2009, 09:10 AM
You can count on me being a Jets fan next week!!! GO JETS!!!

HOU-TEX
09-21-2009, 09:23 AM
I am VERY happy with the win, but the ball did bounce their way ALOT in this game.. (3 fumbles and a muffed punt called back on a technicality)

Having said that, we made a TON of mental mistakes and were still able to overcome them and get a win......that's a sign of a team that has ALOT of talent (which I think we do), which has the potential to become a very good team. So right now, I'll say we're a very talented team with alot of potential to get better as the season goes on. I'd hold off on calling us anymore than that until they can pair that talent with smart play and execution week in and week out. I really do think if we can clean up mental mistakes (mostly), we might actually make some noise afterall......if we find a running game (almost forgot about that.)

(on how big this win is) "It counts as one. We're a one-and-one football team. We're a .500 team that is very inconsistent and we got some many things to fix to be competitive week in and week out. We feel good about winning today but we have a long, long way to go."

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=5588

76Texan
09-21-2009, 09:34 AM
I like this part. :splits:

Kubiak:
(on what was said in the locker room to create a big cheer) "I don't know what I said. I gave Bruce Matthews the (game) ball. To be honest with you, that's probably when you heard the roar. I told him welcome to our side. That's probably when you heard the roar."

OzzO
09-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Pencil neck,

I think you are allowed to lose the Jet's avatar now, if you feel like it. Or maybe that is your new permanent avatar. There is no accounting for taste...

I think he's one that is keeping it (or it was mentioned anyway) for karma's sake.