PDA

View Full Version : NYG vs Cowboys

Silver Oak
09-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Can the Giants do us all a favor please and beat the Cowboys on the opening of their new stadium? the morning shows have all touched on it, and NBC is going to give the thing so much attention, it kinda makes me nauseous. Even Pancakes is talking about it on the Texans pregame show!

It's a football stadium, not a shrine.

Play football and let this fluff go!

StarStruck
09-20-2009, 11:41 AM
I do recall a lot of fluff, imo all deserved, on Reliant's opening day including the win.

WWJD
09-20-2009, 11:48 AM
Go Cowboys!

brakos82
09-20-2009, 07:30 PM
And... go.

Khari
09-20-2009, 07:32 PM
go NY defense....

GuerillaBlack
09-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Jerry Jones is the biggest prick.

HoustonFrog
09-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Go Boys!!!Though we may have problems if the defense plays like it did last week. Right now they kind of are as Eli makes some throws

brakos82
09-20-2009, 07:44 PM
I saw HWWDNSO on the sidelines... :kingkong:

StarStruck
09-20-2009, 07:59 PM
I must shake my head at non-football fans. My day was planned, I watched the Texans and part of the Steelers game. Made my phone calls on two stops I needed to make. One successful, the other no answer, so I leave a message that I will be out of pocket after 7:00. The latter had bought a new car that she wanted me to see and of course I wanted see, take a spin, etc., but before 7:00. Fast forward, Jordan Sparks is singing the National Anthem, and my doorbell rings. It's the new car lady. I rush out, walk around, ooh, aah, nice, then I say, let's set a time so I can take ride. She says, how about now. My immediate reaction was oh no you didn't, then trying not to be a kill joy, although my joy was certainly killed, I said ok. I took the two block ride and observed the gadgets and said that I can't wait until later in the week when we can really get on the road all with hand on the door handle. Let's forget about the Cowboys for a moment, just as a football fan of whatever your favorite team, how would you have handled a similar situation?

brakos82
09-20-2009, 08:03 PM
I must shake my head at non-football fans. My day was planned, I watched the Texans and part of the Steelers game. Made my phone calls on two stops I needed to make. One successful, the other no answer, so I leave a message that I will be out of pocket after 7:00. The latter had bought a new car that she wanted me to see and of course I wanted see, take a spin, etc., but before 7:00. Fast forward, Jordan Sparks is singing the National Anthem, and my doorbell rings. It's the new car lady. I rush out, walk around, ooh, aah, nice, then I say, let's set a time so I can take ride. She says, how about now. My immediate reaction was oh no you didn't, then trying not to be a kill joy, although my joy was certainly killed, I said ok. I took the two block ride and observed the gadgets and said that I can't wait until later in the week when we can really get on the road all with hand on the door handle. Let's forget about the Cowboys for a moment, just as a football fan of whatever your favorite team, how would you have handled a similar situation?

What doorbell? :whip:

Oh, Giants INT return for TD. :tiphat:

HoustonFrog
09-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Come on Romo...that was 3 bad passes straight and he finally paid on the last one

stingray
09-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Go Big Blue!!! Romo just picked for a TD!!!

OzzO
09-20-2009, 08:05 PM
You handled it right, SS. True friends are around longer than a football game. Reverse it - how would you have felt wanting to share some good news and then your friend say "can it wait - the game is on" (of a team you don't care about).

StarStruck
09-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Reverse it - how would you have felt wanting to share some good news and then your friend say "can it wait - the game is on" (of a team you don't care about).

Honestly, I would understand. However, I see you point in going the extra mile for a friend.

Stemp
09-20-2009, 08:12 PM

Your first mistake was answering the door.

StarStruck
09-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Your first mistake was answering the door.

My car was in the driveway and I reallly would have felt badly to ignore the bell, but.... why during the time football fans live for. Oh well I guess the timing isn't the worst of when distractions can happen.

StarStruck
09-20-2009, 08:21 PM
horse collar. Ok, I will take a face mask

Khari
09-20-2009, 08:34 PM
My car was in the driveway and I reallly would have felt badly to ignore the bell, but.... why during the time football fans live for. Oh well I guess the timing isn't the worst of when distractions can happen.

my car's in the driveway all the time and I never answer my doorbell unless i know somebody is coming over...but then I'm a big meanie

WWJD
09-20-2009, 08:37 PM

SS you did the right thing..that's the beauty of a DVR though. You're a good friend.

Khari
09-20-2009, 08:53 PM
lol...interception off the foot

HoustonFrog
09-20-2009, 08:54 PM
That is one effed up play. Pure luck gets you the TD sometimes. Damn it!

TexanSam
09-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Hoping for a big 2nd half from Tony Romo (he's on my FF team) but the Giants winning

WWJD
09-20-2009, 08:55 PM
What a weird play. Never seen that before.

StarStruck
09-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Thanks guys for keeping me grounded. I was really having a serious pouting issue about me time. I'm ok now. :)

stingray
09-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Romo is still freaking unpredictable. He's just an above average Qb who makes too many mistakes. He is Cutler 2.1...

HoustonFrog
09-20-2009, 09:17 PM
Romo is still freaking unpredictable. He's just an above average Qb who makes too many mistakes. He is Cutler 2.1...

Well Romo has won and has some pretty incredible numbers if you look at him over his years. But you are right in that he can make some mental errors...usually in December. The last int was oure luck but a bad throw. Cutler seems to have alot of hype without really haveing winning seasons yet/.

WWJD
09-20-2009, 09:21 PM
You guys are aware that Cutler beat the world champs today I know...

WWJD
09-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Well Romo has won and has some pretty incredible numbers if you look at him over his years. But you are right in that he can make some mental errors...usually in December. The last int was oure luck but a bad throw. Cutler seems to have alot of hype without really haveing winning seasons yet/.

Eh Tony is what he is..he plays just like Brett...reckless at times and it costs the team but when he's right he's very good. Just like most NFL QB's..

I won't be totally sold till he advances the team not only with a playoff win but a December that doesn't reek.

Silver Oak
09-20-2009, 09:34 PM
Romo is no Brett Favre. Gotta win a playoff game first, then we'll find an appropriate comparison.

HoustonFrog
09-20-2009, 09:51 PM
Romo is no Brett Favre. Gotta win a playoff game first, then we'll find an appropriate comparison.

Agreed and Favre was pretty Romo for a few years...against the Cowboys.

HoustonFrog
09-20-2009, 10:04 PM
It's THAt crap that makes me hesitate about where we can go this year. Romo can be brilliant and just make the dumbest plays when we have the momentum.

TheIronDuke
09-20-2009, 10:06 PM
That was a really stupid decision, if Dallas loses this game it's all on Romo.

TheIronDuke
09-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Who the hell is Mario Manningham? He's thrashing Dallas horribly.

StarStruck
09-20-2009, 10:27 PM
Who the hell is Mario Manningham? He's thrashing Dallas horribly.

He played for Michigan. My son was a big fan and wanted a jersey for Christmas a couple of years ago. We won the bid on Ebay and the seller gave a refund because he claimed it was no longer available.

Yeah, I am pretty disappointed with Tony now.

TheIronDuke
09-20-2009, 10:32 PM
Really good game so far. If Romo didn't screw up so much they'd be blowing them out.

Similar to how if our D didn't shit the bed we'd have blown the Tacks out.

TheIronDuke
09-20-2009, 10:35 PM
For the record I hope the Cowboys pull this one out. My allegiance is Houston, then Texas, then the USA, then Earth if we ever have an inter-gallactic contest.

Marcus
09-20-2009, 10:49 PM
For the record I hope the Cowboys pull this one out. My allegiance is Houston, then Texas, then the USA, then Earth if we ever have an inter-gallactic contest.

I wouldn't pull for the Cowboys if they lived two houses down.

StarStruck
09-20-2009, 10:53 PM

Thanks. Congrats to the Giants for taking advantages of Romo's missteps. Hopefully, he improves his dicisionmaking process.

Hervoyel
09-20-2009, 10:54 PM
I found myself rooting for Dallas in this one. What can I say? I hate watching anybody named "Manning" succeed more than I care about whatever Jerry Jones team is up to. Plus I had a Cowboy fan at work cut me some slack this past week following the Texans stink-fest against the Jets.

Today I bought a McFarlane SportsPicks DeMarcus Ware figure. Sure I plan on converting him into a DeMeco Ryans figure as soon as I find the time but he's still in his Dallas colors right now.

So I found myself rooting for the Cowboys. It didn't work. Jerry Jones has no luck in stadium opening games.

GuerillaBlack
09-20-2009, 10:59 PM
I found myself rooting for Dallas in this one. What can I say? I hate watching anybody named "Manning" succeed more than I care about whatever Jerry Jones team is up to. Plus I had a Cowboy fan at work cut me some slack this past week following the Texans stink-fest against the Jets.

Today I bought a McFarlane SportsPicks DeMarcus Ware figure. Sure I plan on converting him into a DeMeco Ryans figure as soon as I find the time but he's still in his Dallas colors right now.

So I found myself rooting for the Cowboys. It didn't work. Jerry Jones has no luck in stadium opening games.

Oh I couldn't cut the Cowboys any slack. My roommate was talking so much smack about the Texans and how the Cowboys were going to be 2-0 after the game tonight. As of now, one person in the room is quiet, the other is happy as hell, and the others (who came to my room) are laughing their asses off.

Marcus
09-20-2009, 11:10 PM
3 words sum it up.

Tony Romo sucks.

brakos82
09-20-2009, 11:10 PM
Oh I couldn't cut the Cowboys any slack. My roommate was talking so much smack about the Texans and how the Cowboys were going to be 2-0 after the game tonight. As of now, one person in the room is quiet, the other is happy as hell, and the others (who came to my room) are laughing their asses off.

Just wait until the 2010 game... :thisbig:

swisher
09-20-2009, 11:13 PM
And the perfect NFL sunday is complete. Titans lose to the Texans and the Jerry Jones watches the Cowboys choke in the billion dollar stadium.

Marcus
09-20-2009, 11:17 PM
And the perfect NFL sunday is complete. Titans lose to the Texans and the Jerry Jones watches the Cowboys choke in the billion dollar stadium.

It is perfect, ain't it? :D

brakos82
09-20-2009, 11:19 PM

And then the Horse-feet meet up with the 'Fins. :cowboy1:

StarStruck
09-20-2009, 11:34 PM

Correction. The Cowboys didn't choke, Tony Romo did. The rest of the team played very hard, competitive and what should have been a decisive win. This is suppose to be Romo's team(?), he is the leader, no more locker room cancer, no Jessica, and this is what he shows us.

If he keeps this up, I hope we don't have the same patience the Texans had with Carr. OBTW, I have no problem with you who are celebrating the defeat since I am a guest on your board and choose to stay around.

This lifetime fan business can sure be stressful at times, but I guess it comes with the territory. The bandwagon is probably easier, but I would stop watching football for the most part if I had to skip all over the map choosing the flavor team of the year.
Rant over.

Hookem Horns
09-20-2009, 11:38 PM
Lovin' it! Eli is clutch. Giants and Texans making my weekend!

kastofsna
09-21-2009, 06:44 AM
rarely see Eli Manning on these "best QB's in the game" lists, but he's gotta be on there

Silver Oak
09-21-2009, 07:20 AM
SS, HF, WWJD...a what if scenario. while I think Romo is far from a bust, if he doesn't pan out to be the franchise qb that JJ is paying him to be, how much do you think it sets that team back in the future?

WWJD
09-21-2009, 07:38 AM
SS, HF, WWJD...a what if scenario. while I think Romo is far from a bust, if he doesn't pan out to be the franchise qb that JJ is paying him to be, how much do you think it sets that team back in the future?

They drafted McGee but he had very limited action in preseason because he got hurt..Kitna is just a backup...

the current trend apparently around the NFL is if you draft a QB high he plays right away..

I think it would set them back some years to go elsewhere but I'll be frank..as much as I watch college football I don't know much about college QB's other than Tebow (I wouldn't draft him) or McCoy.

I'm use to this with Tony. It's his M.O....like I said in a previous post he plays just like Brett. He's just not as good. But the styles of the two is very similar.

Right now..today..the bigger mistake seems to be trading for Roy Williams. He had a huge TD last week but he was invisible last night.

HoustonFrog
09-21-2009, 08:09 AM
Correction. The Cowboys didn't choke, Tony Romo did. The rest of the team played very hard, competitive and what should have been a decisive win. This is suppose to be Romo's team(?), he is the leader, no more locker room cancer, no Jessica, and this is what he shows us.
If he keeps this up, I hope we don't have the same patience the Texans had with Carr. OBTW, I have no problem with you who are celebrating the defeat since I am a guest on your board and choose to stay around.

This lifetime fan business can sure be stressful at times, but I guess it comes with the territory. The bandwagon is probably easier, but I would stop watching football for the most part if I had to skip all over the map choosing the flavor team of the year.
Rant over.

Agreed. The Cowboys dominated both sides of the line and played their ass off. Romo didn't. End of story. That game shouldn't have been close.

Here is the problem with Romo....look at his stats from this article I posted on here last week. The guy is tops in the league in many categories and tops in history with games under his belt. JJ sees that and sees stars. The problem is the stats don't account for December chokes and games like last night. After all the off season talk he still throws balls that make you scratch your head. Not ones where guys stepped in front..but p for ks when they have momentum. I'm tired of it. The problem with it all is he is the best they will find unless they get lucky. They found him luckily and before that were just treading water with retreads. I'm not sure where they go if he screws another season.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1251991&postcount=6

Dread-Head
09-21-2009, 08:52 AM
rarely see Eli Manning on these "best QB's in the game" lists, but he's gotta be on there

I'm glad the G-men got out of the toilet with a win...but let's not go nuts. Eli is still Over x 2. As in Over(rated)x(paid). I was only cheering for the man who statistically will live in his older brother's long, cold shadow for the remainder of his natural life BECAUSE he was leading his team against the Cowboys. My opinion of him as an athlete hasn't changed.

Dread-Head
09-21-2009, 08:54 AM
Agreed. The Cowboys dominated both sides of the line and played their ass off. Romo didn't. End of story. That game shouldn't have been close.

Here is the problem with Romo....look at his stats from this article I posted on here last week. The guy is tops in the league in many categories and tops in history with games under his belt. JJ sees that and sees stars. The problem is the stats don't account for December chokes and games like last night. After all the off season talk he still throws balls that make you scratch your head. Not ones where guys stepped in front..but p for ks when they have momentum. I'm tired of it. The problem with it all is he is the best they will find unless they get lucky. They found him luckily and before that were just treading water with retreads. I'm not sure where they go if he screws another season.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1251991&postcount=6

As much as I thoroughly enjoy watching Both Toni Romo and the entire Dallas Cowgirl organization fail, I have to come to his defense here. All he can do is get the ball where it needs to be. He can't catch it and he wasn't the one giving up points to the Giants offense. They started that game as a team and lost it as one.

Silver Oak
09-21-2009, 09:06 AM
As much as I thoroughly enjoy watching Both Toni Romo and the entire Dallas Cowgirl organization fail, I have to come to his defense here. All he can do is get the ball where it needs to be. He can't catch it and he wasn't the one giving up points to the Giants offense. They started that game as a team and lost it as one.

the INT off the back of Wittens foot wasn't a good throw at all...especially for the distance (10-15 yds?).

WWJD
09-21-2009, 09:13 AM
the INT off the back of Wittens foot wasn't a good throw at all...especially for the distance (10-15 yds?).

Right.

and it wasn't a good throw to the belly of the Giants DB for a TD.

and it wasn't a good throw when he just threw the ball up for grabs for an interception.

Tony was horrible last night.

Dread-Head
09-21-2009, 09:18 AM

Funny as hell though wasn't it? :spit:

HoustonFrog
09-21-2009, 09:21 AM

But the throws weren't to teammates if the problem. The one of the back of Wittens foot...as Silver said..was horrible for a short crossing route. The one for a TD hit the guy in the chest and he has almost has 2 before that picked off and the last one was a P for K...just like his momentum kliller to Ed Reed in the ravens game last year. Stupid plays. The defense sucked against the pass but overall they ran for close to 300 against a Giants D line and stopped their running game. It should have been a win and the turnovers turned into points.

Dread-Head
09-21-2009, 09:28 AM
But the throws weren't to teammates if the problem. The one of the back of Wittens foot...as Silver said..was horrible for a short crossing route. The one for a TD hit the guy in the chest and he has almost has 2 before that picked off and the last one was a P for K...just like his momentum kliller to Ed Reed in the ravens game last year. Stupid plays. The defense sucked against the pass but overall they ran for close to 300 against a Giants D line and stopped their running game. It should have been a win and the turnovers turned into points.

Hey. She had an off game. Didn't you hear? She just dumped Jessica Simpson (after getting a boat from her). Toni is in some pain. Besides, Toni Romo has given me hours of sadistic glee as the biggest saboteur in Franchise history. Personally I love the muff-hugga. Keep signing those big checks Lizzard King!

StarStruck
09-21-2009, 09:28 AM

I think most of my feelings have been expressed. True, Romo isn't a bust yet, but giving away games due to poor passing can't be a positive to the team's future. Since I am also a fan of the Texans, I don't want to endure another David Carr situation. If not mistaken, he had some good stats also, but bottom line, how many games did it win.

I can appreciate games when you play well and end up not being the better team on a given day, but three td's resulting in points, aren't acceptable to me. Also, I will not blame offense or defense for failing to clean up the mess he caused. If not for the three interceptions the outcome would have been quite different, and those who played the game well deserve more from their leader.

TexanBacker93
09-21-2009, 09:32 AM
The part I like best....

You only get 1 1st game in your new stadium.

Ours: 19-10.

Theirs: 31-33 Loss.

Better start planning a new one Jerry.

HoustonFrog
09-21-2009, 09:47 AM
Hey. She had an off game. Didn't you hear? She just dumped Jessica Simpson (after getting a boat from her). Toni is in some pain. Besides, Toni Romo has given me hours of sadistic glee as the biggest saboteur in Franchise history. Personally I love the muff-hugga. Keep signing those big checks Lizzard King!

Calling Romo "she." Fresh stuff. I'll have to use it when Schaub goes down again.:shades:(Discalimer: This is in no way implying that a player should be hurt, just a joke based on history.)

Blake
09-21-2009, 09:51 AM
Pulling this from 610AM. Some teams know how to open a new stadium, and some dont.

HoustonFrog
09-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Pulling this from 610AM. Some teams know how to open a new stadium, and some dont.

Dear Lord. Houston teams need to concentrate on just winning without the city chip. It's one thing that I've never gotten here. Teams open new stadiums yearly but somehow they are quick to jump on this.

Hardcore Texan
09-21-2009, 10:09 AM
Dear Lord. Houston teams need to concentrate on just winning without the city chip. It's one thing that I've never gotten here. Teams open new stadiums yearly but somehow they are quick to jump on this.

It's not really that far fetched, look at the feelings between the Cubs and the Whitesox and that's the same city. Or the Eagles/Steelers, alot of teams' fans in the same state don't like each other because it detracts from there team, mix in a lot of annoying bandwagoners and voila, you got the Texas situation. I got respect for any diehard fan though, regardless of their team, bandwagoners on the other hand really chap my hide.

HoustonFrog
09-21-2009, 10:12 AM
It's not really that far fetched, look at the feelings between the Cubs and the Whitesox and that's the same city. Or the Eagles/Steelers, alot of teams' fans in the same state don't like each other because it detracts from there team, mix in a lot of annoying bandwagoners and voila, you got the Texas situation. I got respect for any diehard fan though, regardless of their team, bandwagoners on the other hand really chap my hide.

I got you but the Colts lost their opener on Sunday Night football at Lucas Field and it wasn't a big deal. I just would like the Texans to succeed without the constant.."well at least the Cowboys lost." The real rivalries are in the division and that is how I look at it for both teams. I wouldn't be here if I didn't like it here with the other fans, I just hear stuff that makes me cringe because sometimes the "hate" factor is mixed in for no reason. Both teams have great stadiums now.

HoustonFrog
09-21-2009, 10:18 AM
Back to the game itself. What is disappointing as a fan is that the Cowboys have played this exact same game many times before....Baltimore, Giants, Washington... should have won, breakdowns and turnovers, stupid plays and the defense giving up late. When does it change? To me the penalties and lack of concentration squarely falls on Wade. He can't control Romo but he is calling the defense this year. Same with Garrett. As much as the Cowboys were going 8 yards a run in the second half he will decide to "mix it up" and throw Romo 3 times. Just stupid stuff. There were some good article in the Ft. Worth Star Telegram on this today! I mean the Ravens and this game were as playoff like as you could get with old timers there, etc and they can't take in the occassion and man up.

hobie
09-21-2009, 10:22 AM
Back to the game itself. What is disappointing as a fan is that the Cowboys have played this exact same game many times before....Baltimore, Giants, Washington... should have won, breakdowns and turnovers, stupid plays and the defense giving up late. When does it change? To me the penalties and lack of concentration squarely falls on Wade. He can't control Romo but he is calling the defense this year. Same with Garrett. As much as the Cowboys were going 8 yards a run in the second half he will decide to "mix it up" and throw Romo 3 times. Just stupid stuff. There were some good article in the Ft. Worth Star Telegram on this today! I mean the Ravens and this game were as playoff like as you could get with old timers there, etc and they can't take in the occassion and man up.

And there is the problem, he can't win those as well... AHAHAHAAA !!!!

HoustonFrog
09-21-2009, 10:25 AM
And there is the problem, he can't win those as well... AHAHAHAAA !!!!

That is what I said.

Texan_Bill
09-21-2009, 10:28 AM
I'm a very, very, very happy person today!!! :smiliedance:

GlassHalfFull
09-21-2009, 10:30 AM

Ditto :glasshalffull:

Dread-Head
09-21-2009, 03:18 PM
Calling Romo "she." Fresh stuff. I'll have to use it when Schaub goes down again.:shades:(Discalimer: This is in no way implying that a player should be hurt, just a joke based on history.)

Been using the pronouns she & her to describe Toni Romo since SHE became the starter. The Schaub thing? I've been saying for a minute how injury prone Schlaub is. Tell me sumthin' I don't know muff-hugga.

Hookem Horns
09-21-2009, 03:24 PM

Me too.

http://media.sanluisobispo.com/smedia/2009/09/20/22/Giants_Cowboys_Football.sff.mi_embedded.prod_affil iate.76.jpg

Dread-Head
09-21-2009, 03:29 PM
http://media.sanluisobispo.com/smedia/2009/09/20/22/Giants_Cowboys_Football.sff.mi_embedded.prod_affil iate.76.jpg

Caption this photo?

"Pardon me Miss."

HoustonFrog
09-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Where was all this love last week...oh yeah, that's right. Bipolar time.

hobie
09-21-2009, 03:33 PM
The play when the ball bounced off of Witten's foot, if not for the whistle, would have been one of the plays of the week. Great concentration by Phillips and to stay with the play...

WWJD
09-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Where was all this love last week...oh yeah, that's right. Bipolar time.

Oh well they played like crap and still the Giants didn't win till the last few seconds. I've seen worse from the Cowboys..44-0 against the Bears comes to mind...Romo took the blame, he'll take the heat and they'll move on. Go beat somebody Tony.

HoustonFrog
09-21-2009, 03:38 PM
The play when the ball bounced off of Witten's foot, if not for the whistle, would have been one of the plays of the week. Great concentration by Phillips and to stay with the play...

I was confused on that play..do you think he was concentrating on it of it just stuck in his gut. The one angle looked like he was as surprised as anyone that it hit him in the gut. Almost by accident.

Oh well they played like crap and still the Giants didn't win till the last few seconds. I've seen worse from the Cowboys..44-0 against the Bears comes to mind...Romo took the blame, he'll take the heat and they'll move on. Go beat somebody Tony.

Word. I liked the way they dominated the lines when it game to run blocking and stopping the run. It comes down to 21 pts off 3 ints. Stop screwing up and he won't have to hear it.

WWJD
09-21-2009, 03:49 PM
I was confused on that play..do you think he was concentrating on it of it just stuck in his gut. The one angle looked like he was as surprised as anyone that it hit him in the gut. Almost by accident.

Word. I liked the way they dominated the lines when it game to run blocking and stopping the run. It comes down to 21 pts off 3 ints. Stop screwing up and he won't have to hear it.

Yep. I thought the O line played very well. They always do when Kosier is in there. We know they can run the ball very well. Mistakes will kill any team..4 is inexcusable.

Mr teX
09-21-2009, 03:53 PM
ya'll are never going anywhere with Romo..he just doesn't have that mental edge that you need as a qb. I've been saying this for years. It's gotten to the point that i'm placing bets with my cowboy friends about when he's going to screw up in the 4th quarter of a tight game..

HoustonFrog
09-21-2009, 03:56 PM
ya'll are never going anywhere with Romo..he just doesn't have that mental edge that you need as a qb. I've been saying this for years. It's gotten to the point that i'm placing bets with my cowboy friends about when he's going to screw up in the 4th quarter of a tight game..

Depending on this season I tend to lean your way. The issue though is that the Oline is strong on run blocking, not as much on passing. His escapability can make plays but his TOs lose games. So they need to draft someone or see what happens. With the WRs, etc I don't see many vets that excite me.

GuerillaBlack
09-21-2009, 05:17 PM
I got you but the Colts lost their opener on Sunday Night football at Lucas Field and it wasn't a big deal. I just would like the Texans to succeed without the constant.."well at least the Cowboys lost." The real rivalries are in the division and that is how I look at it for both teams. I wouldn't be here if I didn't like it here with the other fans, I just hear stuff that makes me cringe because sometimes the "hate" factor is mixed in for no reason. Both teams have great stadiums now.

You should definitely see my post earlier in the thread about my Cowboy fan roommate. Talks talking mess about the Texans for no reason other than me talking them up and then says the Cowboys will be 2-0 after the game last night. And like I said, one guy was quiet the rest of the night, the other was happy as hell, and the friends in the room were laughing their asses off.

He's the type of Cowboy fan that I run into the most.

And another reason why it's probably a bigger deal is because the Colts didn't talk up their stadium as the end all, be all. The Cowboys have a nice stadium, no doubt, but damn Jerry Jones is an arrogant prick. Seriously, cheerleaders dancing up on the stadium columns? Players having to go through hundreds of drinking fans before getting to the field? LOL. It's why many players are saying they feel more like entertainers than football players.

kastofsna
09-21-2009, 06:29 PM
Caption this photo?

"Pardon me Miss."

ah yes, because Romo is a woman, and women are inferior to men. got it

WWJD
09-21-2009, 06:32 PM
You should definitely see my post earlier in the thread about my Cowboy fan roommate. Talks talking mess about the Texans for no reason other than me talking them up and then says the Cowboys will be 2-0 after the game last night. And like I said, one guy was quiet the rest of the night, the other was happy as hell, and the friends in the room were laughing their asses off.

He's the type of Cowboy fan that I run into the most.

And another reason why it's probably a bigger deal is because the Colts didn't talk up their stadium as the end all, be all. The Cowboys have a nice stadium, no doubt, but damn Jerry Jones is an arrogant prick. Seriously, cheerleaders dancing up on the stadium columns? Players having to go through hundreds of drinking fans before getting to the field? LOL. It's why many players are saying they feel more like entertainers than football players.

Actually one of the coolest aspects of the stadium is the players having to go thru the club. That's a novel idea...I like that one alot.

Jerry has had this stadium in his mind for oh probably 15 years. He spent something like half a billion of his money on it. If he's proud of it oh well..he should be.

jaayteetx
09-21-2009, 06:34 PM
Actually one of the coolest aspects of the stadium is the players having to go thru the club. That's a novel idea...I like that one alot.

Jerry has had this stadium in his mind for oh probably 15 years. He spent something like half a billion of his money on it. If he's proud of it oh well..he should be.

Pretty sure he got that idea from a hockey team somewhere. I remember seeing something like that from an NHL team.

WWJD
09-21-2009, 08:01 PM
Pretty sure he got that idea from a hockey team somewhere. I remember seeing something like that from an NHL team.

Don't know but you're probably right. I think it's a neat idea...

GuerillaBlack
09-22-2009, 09:40 AM

Of course the fans like it, but the players? Nah. I had a chance to take a tour of the stadium when I was in Arlington a few weeks ago (free tours for Arlington residents until 4 PM), but I was sleeping. haha.

Dread-Head
09-22-2009, 09:46 AM
ah yes, because Romo is a woman, and women are inferior to men. got it

Were you attempting to call me small minded, or was that a Freudian slip? I was implying that Romo throws like a girl (hence the interceptions most notably the one off Witten's foot). How many other QB's in the history of the game have thrown an interception that deflected from the FEET of their target?
If your subconscious wants to see my comment as calling all women inferior to men then might I suggest examining your own relationships with women pal, because that's not what I was implying. Have a good day.

WWJD
09-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Of course the fans like it, but the players? Nah. I had a chance to take a tour of the stadium when I was in Arlington a few weeks ago (free tours for Arlington residents until 4 PM), but I was sleeping. haha.

I've heard a player or two comment on it..didn't bother them. Why would it? The stadium is beautiful.

GuerillaBlack
09-22-2009, 10:09 AM
I've heard a player or two comment on it..didn't bother them. Why would it?

I think it was on ESPN (heh, can't really believe them I guess), and they said a few Cowboy players complained and said they just feel like entertainers/rock stars than football players. The stadium definitely has that feel to it.

WWJD
09-22-2009, 10:34 AM
I think it was on ESPN (heh, can't really believe them I guess), and they said a few Cowboy players complained and said they just feel like entertainers/rock stars than football players. The stadium definitely has that feel to it.

The "few" I've actually seen interviewed love the place..let's see hmmm...yea I think I'd rather play there than in Texas Stadium. The Cowboys players are use to the spotlight. Well let me retract that..they SHOULD be use to the spotlight.

I don't watch ESPN much.

HoustonFrog
09-22-2009, 10:37 AM
Were you attempting to call me small minded, or was that a Freudian slip? I was implying that Romo throws like a girl (hence the interceptions most notably the one off Witten's foot). How many other QB's in the history of the game have thrown an interception that deflected from the FEET of their target? If your subconscious wants to see my comment as calling all women inferior to men then might I suggest examining your own relationships with women pal, because that's not what I was implying. Have a good day.

First of all it hit off Wittens hands..the throw was behind him and then bounced down to his feet, so you don't even know the play. Secondly, my brother sells suites at the game and is there daily and works for the Cowboys. The players, new and old, think the place is the sheet. In fact he got to escort Darren Woodson, Preston Pearson and LeRoy Jordan around the other day.

Silver Oak
09-22-2009, 02:40 PM
well, we know how the attendance record was set now. invite 30K fans who won't have a seat or a view of the game to stand like lemmings in the general direction of the field.

I guess it escapes me...couldn't they just stay home and accomplish the same thing...only with a better view?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cTyWGgr-z8&feature=player_embedded

HoustonFrog
09-22-2009, 02:41 PM
well, we know how the attendance record was set now. invite 30K fans who won't have a seat or a view of the game to stand like lemmings in the general direction of the field.

I guess it escapes me...couldn't they just stay home and accomplish the same thing...only with a better view?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cTyWGgr-z8&feature=player_embedded

That is going to part of it all the time. They sell general admission and still turn away alot. There areas to stand and actually watch though. Still pretty impressive though.

ChampionTexan
09-22-2009, 02:50 PM
That is going to part of it all the time. They sell general admission and still turn away alot. There areas to stand and actually watch though. Still pretty impressive though.

Apparently the 30,000 party passes sold for game one aren't going to be part of it all the time...

Arlington assistant fire chief Don Crowson told the Dallas Morning News that the Cowboys have agreed to limit the number of $29 Party Pass tickets available for most games to 10,000 after authorities weren't able to control the crowds that swarmed JerryWorld for the opening game on Sunday night.
With more than 30,000 fans holding standing room tickets converging on them, guards realized that if they continued trying to control the flow of fans into the stadium they could have a riot on their hands.

LINK (http://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/blue-star/Arlington-Police-Fight-to-Limit-Cowboys-Fans-Right-to-Party-Passes-60284657.html)

GuerillaBlack
09-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Well, it WAS opening night. I highly doubt it would be like that every game. Only the big ones.

Dread-Head
09-22-2009, 03:21 PM
First of all it hit off Wittens hands..the throw was behind him and then bounced down to his feet, so you don't even know the play. Secondly, my brother sells suites at the game and is there daily and works for the Cowboys. The players, new and old, think the place is the sheet. In fact he got to escort Darren Woodson, Preston Pearson and LeRoy Jordan around the other day.

The afforementioned pass was in the 4th quarter and bounced off the HEEL of Wittens foot and bounced into the arms of a Giant defender who ran it into the endzone and the refs whistled the play dead a split second BEFOR he broke the plane of the goal; however, The Cowboys assumed the ball had bounced off the ground and to that end didn't persue him. I saw the play when it happened as well as on the subsequent replays. Congrats on getting a tour of the new staduim. It looks too good for the lizzard king and my least favorite team, but does look like a hell of a facility.

HoustonFrog
09-22-2009, 03:28 PM
The afforementioned pass was in the 4th quarter and bounced off the HEEL of Wittens foot and bounced into the arms of a Giant defender who ran it into the endzone and the refs whistled the play dead a split second BEFOR he broke the plane of the goal; however, The Cowboys assumed the ball had bounced off the ground and to that end didn't persue him. I saw the play when it happened as well as on the subsequent replays. Congrats on getting a tour of the new staduim. It looks too good for the lizzard king and my least favorite team, but does look like a hell of a facility.

I know what play you are talking about and he didn't throw it off his foot. He threw it behind him. Witten reached back to grab it and it hit his hand and then went off his foot. So it wasn't the only pass you've ever seen throw into someones foot. Go look it up..I'll find it if you want...here. I can't get youtube at work but this is imbedded. And I don't agree with this guys excuses

http://www.dallasprosports.com/2-of-3-interceptions-not-romos-mistakes/

WWJD
09-22-2009, 03:57 PM
yea it was a horrible pass and he threw the ball behind him..in a "will never happen again" moment it bounced off his heel and right into the gut of the Giants defender.

They couldn't duplicate that if they tried.

It wasn't the fourth quarter either. It was right before the half ended.