PDA

View Full Version : Matt "Ben Taub" Schaub

texanskan
09-19-2009, 11:28 AM
heard it yesterday, I laughed.

On a serious note, I can't believe folks around town think Grossman is better. We need Matt to stay healthy and play 16 games. We are OK, no time to panic yet.

ObsiWan
09-19-2009, 11:53 AM
heard it yesterday, I laughed.

On a serious note, I can't believe folks around town think Grossman is better. We need Matt to stay healthy and play 16 games. We are OK, no time to panic yet.

It's not that Grossman is better. I my mind, it's about the coaches showing the players that you only keep your job when you produce. If you're not helping us win, you need to sit.

Drew_Smoke
09-19-2009, 12:05 PM
I heard some guy call him Cotton Schaub yesterday.

Thorn
09-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Right after the Schaub trade I joined the board and raked the trade and Schaub over the coals. I kept deliberately misspelling his name Schwab. I eventually stopped after pissing off a lot of you. LOL

SheTexan
09-19-2009, 03:12 PM
Q-tip!!

texanhead08
09-19-2009, 05:18 PM
Schaub needs to player better and so does the oline. I think its important that we have some sort of a running game tomorrow or he might not come back to Houston alive.

Goldensilence
09-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Matt needs to stay upright the rest of the season, but I have to admit I'm not so sure if he's the long term solution at QB anymore. I have to question opting for the contract extension after having pretty much a small sample to say, yes this is our guy.

O-line needs to protect better, Kubiak needs to allow QBs to audible, and Matt needs to have better pocket presence.

Khari
09-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Ben Taub?

Lucky
09-19-2009, 05:46 PM
Ben Taub?
A Houston hospital famous for its ER.

NitroGSXR
09-19-2009, 05:47 PM
A Houston hospital famous for its ER.

More specifically, their trauma center. It's been regarded as the best in the world for some time now. Is it still? I don't know but for a long long time it was.

It's also a charity/teaching hospital which makes it all that much more special of an accomplishment.

Khari
09-19-2009, 05:50 PM
oh ok....thought i was having a moment and just didn't get it lol

Brando
09-19-2009, 08:18 PM
He played hurt on Sunday and continued to play on the bad ankle in the same game he injured it. I think that is better than being hurt and not playing? Steve McNair was hurt all the time. Steve played while hurt and did pretty well. That's what Matt must do in order to answer his critics.

Come on Schaub, I'm rooting for you. Let's do this.:fans:

Brando
01-03-2010, 11:59 PM
Thanks for a great season Schaub!

TexansFanatic
01-04-2010, 12:59 AM
396 completions
583 attempts
67.9 % completion
4,770 yards
8.2 yards per attempt
29 TDs
15 Ints

Anyone want to quarrel with the two second round picks it took to acquire this guy?

SheTexan
01-04-2010, 01:08 AM
I'm sold. He just gets better and better. Glad he's our's!!

Carr Bombed
01-04-2010, 01:15 AM
I don't really understand the bumping of this thread. I mean I've always been a Schaub supporter, but he didn't really disspell any "fragile" tag. The guy still picked up injuries (they just happened to not be the injuries that knock you out for games...but still injuries all the same) and he's still semi fragile in my book (even though I love him as my QB). Oh well, hopefully next year we won't have something as serious as a dislocated shoulder.....if that was on his throwing arm, this season wouldn't be any different as any other. (Again, why I'm confussed by the bump)

Hookem Horns
01-04-2010, 01:24 AM
396 completions
583 attempts
67.9 % completion
4,770 yards
8.2 yards per attempt
29 TDs
15 Ints

Anyone want to quarrel with the two second round picks it took to acquire this guy?

Great stats indeed. Warren Moon had great stats also however I never had confidence in him when the game was on the line. I want to see Schaub turn into a guy that wins and you have confidence in when the game is on the line. Hopefully he will mature into that type of QB.

Vinny
01-04-2010, 01:33 AM
Matt Schaub gave us all hope for the future this season. Let's pitch in and get him.....(click here for the price is right theme song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIotIGFN2oc)) a BRAND NEW CENTER! and a running back. psst, make sure Kubes will start him over Chris "best blocking back" Brown.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-04-2010, 01:37 AM
6th highest number of passing yards thrown in a season in NFL history. Not bad. :)

brakos82
01-04-2010, 01:43 AM
Matt Schaub gave us all hope for the future this season. Let's pitch in and get him.....(click here for the price is right theme song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIotIGFN2oc)) a BRAND NEW CENTER! and a running back. psst, make sure Kubes will start him over Chris "best blocking back" Brown.

You can't just end the game show pitch like that. You need more experience at this.

*ahem*

"And what fantastic prize do we have for young Matt here Rich?!"

Well Matt, we have for you... a brand new *curtains rise* CENTER! This six-foot-six, 322-pound man is designed to deliver the football to you with perfect precision, the ability to block oncoming defensive tackles, and comes in your choice of 6 designer color combinations. Perfect for any time you have to play football with 52 of your closest friends. And along with this we've also included a can of Blitz-B-Gon. Tired of that pesky safety coming into the backfield? Well with Blitz-B-Gon, just one spray will send them away. Blitz-B-Gon!

ObsiWan
01-04-2010, 01:56 AM
You can't just end the game show pitch like that. You need more experience at this.

*ahem*

"And what fantastic prize do we have for young Matt here Rich?!"

Well Matt, we have for you... a brand new *curtains rise* CENTER! This six-foot-six, 322-pound man is designed to deliver the football to you with perfect precision, the ability to block oncoming defensive tackles, and comes in your choice of 6 designer color combinations. Perfect for any time you have to play football with 52 of your closest friends. And along with this we've also included a can of Blitz-B-Gon. Tired of that pesky safety coming into the backfield? Well with Blitz-B-Gon, just one spray will send them away. Blitz-B-Gon!

That had better be one big-azzed can. I'm thinking gasoline truck sized. One can never have enough Blitz-B-Gon.
LOL

brakos82
01-04-2010, 01:56 AM
That had better be one big-azzed can. I'm thinking gasoline truck sized. One can never have enough Blitz-B-Gon.
LOL

Budget cuts. Go buy your own.

ObsiWan
01-04-2010, 02:28 AM
Budget cuts. Go buy your own.

If Schaub has any sense, he'll use some of that option bonus money.

Corrosion
01-04-2010, 02:53 AM
Great stats indeed. Warren Moon had great stats also however I never had confidence in him when the game was on the line. I want to see Schaub turn into a guy that wins and you have confidence in when the game is on the line. Hopefully he will mature into that type of QB.

How many times did we see Schaub move the offense down the field with a short clock only to see a kicker miss a FG or a back put the ball on the turf ?
I think he proved he can get it done .... just give him a new RB and kicker to go with that center mentioned earlier in the thread.

Brando
01-04-2010, 07:48 AM
I don't really understand the bumping of this thread. I mean I've always been a Schaub supporter, but he didn't really disspell any "fragile" tag. The guy still picked up injuries (they just happened to not be the injuries that knock you out for games...but still injuries all the same) and he's still semi fragile in my book (even though I love him as my QB). Oh well, hopefully next year we won't have something as serious as a dislocated shoulder.....if that was on his throwing arm, this season wouldn't be any different as any other. (Again, why I'm confussed by the bump)

The point of bumping the thread is yes he still got injured but he played through the injuries. Just like Steve McNair, he battled through the injuries and played well.

Hardcore Texan
01-04-2010, 08:52 AM
How about Matt "Good Job" Schaub.

He really showed a lot of toughness out there this year, dude is a gamer and is only going to get better.

Second Honeymoon
01-04-2010, 08:58 AM

Love your take Hookem. Warren was a choke artists, no pun intended. Matt has shown more moxie than Warren ever did. Other than being a pioneering black NFL QB, Warren doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame. When your only playoff wins are against the Seahawks and Jets, you shouldn't even get a sniff of Canton....but he was important in paving the way for other black QBs to get a chance in the league, and for that he deserves to be in.

I hate when I hear people talk in reverential tones about Warren like he was a good QB. To be honest, Matt Schaub may be the most successful and gamer QB any Houston NFL team has ever had. McNair didn't start to show his quality till Tennessee and Dago Dan Pastorini and Stabler never got over the hump either. Maybe George Blanda but he was before my time.

Schaub is great and he was a breath of fresh air after years of ineptitude and excuses with David Carr.

Carr Bombed
01-04-2010, 03:16 PM
The point of bumping the thread is yes he still got injured but he played through the injuries. Just like Steve McNair, he battled through the injuries and played well.

Yes he gained alot of toughness points this year.........but he still got injured. If that dislocated shoulder was on the other arm I doubt he would've been playing. He needs to put a year together where he doesn't pick up a serious injury. The guy just seems to get injured every single year.

Pantherstang84
01-04-2010, 03:24 PM
Yes he gained alot of toughness points this year.........but he still got injured. If that dislocated shoulder was on the other arm I doubt he would've been playing. He needs to put a year together where he doesn't pick up a serious injury. The guy just seems to get injured every single year.

Don't you think the line should have something to do with that. I mean that shoulder injury came on a play when he had no chance to even look downfield. You act like he intentionally gets hurt. The dude told the trainers to get him back on the field. He came back out and played. I swear some people ***** just for the sake of bitching. The man had a freaking Pro Bowl year WITH the bum shoulder. Go ***** to Alex Gibbs for crying out loud.

Carr Bombed
01-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Don't you think the line should have something to do with that. I mean that shoulder injury came on a play when he had no chance to even look downfield. You act like he intentionally gets hurt. The dude told the trainers to get him back on the field. He came back out and played. I swear some people ***** just for the sake of bitching. The man had a freaking Pro Bowl year WITH the bum shoulder. Go ***** to Alex Gibbs for crying out loud.

Slow your roll, because I'm not "bitching". :rolleyes: I'm just stating facts

I've already said the offensive line needs to be upgraded, but Matt Schaub does get injured....that's a fact. If you want to just flat out ignore it, that's not my problem.

I love Matt Schuab as our QB, but the man gets injured and he's not the only QB in this league that gets hit. Just about every QB gets hit in this league.....and alot don't pick up the injuries that Matt does every year.

Pantherstang84
01-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Slow your roll, because I'm not "bitching". :rolleyes: I'm just stating facts

I've already said the offensive line needs to be upgraded, but Matt Schaub does get injured....that's a fact. If you want to just ignore it that's not my problem.

I love Matt Schuab as our QB, but the man gets injured and he's not the only QB in this league that gets hit. Just about every QB gets hit in this league.....and alot don't pick up the injuries that Matt does every year.

And look how he gets injured is all I'm saying. Every time he has gotten injured is because someone came in unblocked and drove him into the ground. How does he prevent that? Brady and Manning go into the fetal position when people get close to them. Matt stands in there and makes plays.

Keep the big uglies off of him and he will be the "Iron Man".

Texan_Bill
01-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Agree with OL upgrade. To put into perspective this line ranks 5th in fewest sacks allowed (not too bad). However, it also ranks 10th in allowing QB hits (not good at all). The point is that while Schaub is getting rid of the ball, he's taking a beating while doing so.

DexmanC
01-04-2010, 03:37 PM

On that play in Jacksonville, both tackles cut blocked. Being that was
a designed play, it most likely was a 3 step drop. Schaub knew the
ball had to be GONE, but he held the ball PLUS Duane missed his cut
block.

It was a bad play call, so you could put that on Kubiak. :sarcasm:

Carr Bombed
01-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Agree with OL upgrade. To put into perspective this line ranks 5th in fewest sacks allowed (not too bad). However, it also ranks 10th in allowing QB hits (not good at all). The point is that while Schaub is getting rid of the ball, he's taking a beating while doing so.

That's exactly the point I made in another thread when someone said the line was fine and running back was a bigger need. Matt Schaub makes this line what it is. I mean it's not 2002-04 bad, but it isn't great either. This line has been great at sacks allowed since the moment Schaub stepped on the field (and David Carr stepped off).

Having said that though....Schaub still takes ALOT of hits, the Patriots were teeing off on him at points yesterday. We need to upgrade the line. I wouldn't mind taking two offensive lineman within the first 3 rounds.

Pantherstang84
01-04-2010, 03:44 PM
On that play in Jacksonville, both tackles cut blocked. Being that was
a designed play, it most likely was a 3 step drop. Schaub knew the
ball had to be GONE, but he held the ball PLUS Duane missed his cut
block.

It was a bad play call, so you could put that on Kubiak. :sarcasm:

Thanks for making my point. I still have that game on my DVR and will go back and look but if I remember correctly it was exactly 2 seconds from when the ball was snapped and Matt was on the ground. He didn't even have time to plant his feet.

Texan_Bill
01-04-2010, 03:46 PM
That's exactly the point I made in another thread when someone said the line was fine and running back was a bigger need. Matt Schaub makes this line what it is. I mean it's not 2002-04 bad, but it isn't great either. This line has been great at sacks allowed the moment Schaub stepped on the field (and David Carr stepped off).

Having said that though....Schaub still takes ALOT of hits, the Patriots were teeing off on him at points yesterday. We need to upgrade the line. I wouldn't mind taking two offensive lineman within the first 3 picks.

Agreed. I'm tired of watching Guard Center Guard getting caved in on almost every play. Whether Matt Schaub is injury prone or not, I wince every time he drops back 'cause I know he's going to get killed. Hell, the most durable QB could get murdered from playing behind Myers and Studdard.

HOU-TEX
01-04-2010, 03:54 PM
That's exactly the point I made in another thread when someone said the line was fine and running back was a bigger need. Matt Schaub makes this line what it is. I mean it's not 2002-04 bad, but it isn't great either. This line has been great at sacks allowed since the moment Schaub stepped on the field (and David Carr stepped off).

Having said that though....Schaub still takes ALOT of hits, the Patriots were teeing off on him at points yesterday. We need to upgrade the line. I wouldn't mind taking two offensive lineman within the first 3 rounds.

Agreed. I'm tired of watching Guard Center Guard getting caved in on almost every play. Whether Matt Schaub is injury prone or not, I wince every time he drops back 'cause I know he's going to get killed. Hell, the most durable QB could get murdered from playing behind Myers and Studdard.

I agree with y'all as well. It's going to be interesting to watch how this is addressed this off-season. Will they rely on Pitts and Brisiel? Caldwell's growth? Will they go with FA's? Or draft?

I just sucks these answers are going to be answered over an off-season that usually seems like it's 7 years long.

Pantherstang84
01-04-2010, 04:28 PM
I agree with y'all as well. It's going to be interesting to watch how this is addressed this off-season. Will they rely on Pitts and Brisiel? Caldwell's growth? Will they go with FA's? Or draft?

I just sucks these answers are going to be answered over an off-season that usually seems like it's 7 years long.

I like Pitts but some have said he doesn't like to cut block. If that is true, then let him hit the market. We need linemen that will buy into the system.