PDA

View Full Version : The Loser Of This Game....

Historyhorn
09-19-2009, 08:44 AM
The loser of this game can pretty much write off the playoffs. The list of teams that have started the year 0-2 and then have gone on to make the playoff tournament in the NFL is very, very short.

Since 1978 only 26 of the 224 teams to start the year 0-2 have gone on to make the playoffs.

Long story short....if we drop this one in Possum Holler, then we can pretty much go ahead and start watching for improvement as we play out the string & begin thinking about who the Texans should take in what arguably should be one of the deepest drafts in years.

I hope our boys are looking at this game as a must win, because I think the Possum Holler boys certainly will be. This is as close to an elimination game as you can get two weeks in.

Go Texans

eriadoc
09-19-2009, 10:42 AM
Since 1978 only 26 of the 224 teams to start the year 0-2 have gone on to make the playoffs.

We need a Gary Brown to emerge!

:fans:

DocBar
09-19-2009, 10:51 AM
We need a Gary Brown to emerge!

:fans: We need a coach that will call his # if SS isn't getting the job done. Brown averaged 5 yds a carry last week but only got 3 rushes.

Speedy
09-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Horsecrap! Since it has been done many times, then you can't write off the season.

They started 0-4 last year and rattled off 8-4. If they start 0-2 and rattle off 8-4, that makes them 8-6 with 2 games left. Granted, in the AFC that strill might not be enough, but you never know. Maybe they go 9-3.

It will mean more to me how they play in this game then what their record is after 2 weeks. If they lose but actually look like a real NFL football team, then I'm a little less concerned about an 0-2 start. If the Charmin Softies who showed up last week make the Nashville trip and they get manhandled again, then that 0-2 start will look pretty bleak.

Wolf
09-19-2009, 01:00 PM
I think they showed a stat on NFL network last week that said 13.2 percent made it to the playoffs after an 0-2 start .

chargers did it last year, but 8-8 (chargers record) is not going to cut it in this division to reach playoffs
(obviously)

HJam72
09-19-2009, 01:01 PM
Yeah, but none of those losers ever won their last 14 games in a row and the Texans....oh, nevermind. :thinking:

Thorn
09-19-2009, 01:56 PM
If the Tacks start out 0-2, I still wouldn't count them out of the playoffs. It pains me to to say this, but they are a good team with a damn fine head coach.

If the Texans start out 0-2, I would count them out though.

Goldensilence
09-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Horsecrap! Since it has been done many times, then you can't write off the season.

They started 0-4 last year and rattled off 8-4. If they start 0-2 and rattle off 8-4, that makes them 8-6 with 2 games left. Granted, in the AFC that strill might not be enough, but you never know. Maybe they go 9-3.

It will mean more to me how they play in this game then what their record is after 2 weeks. If they lose but actually look like a real NFL football team, then I'm a little less concerned about an 0-2 start. If the Charmin Softies who showed up last week make the Nashville trip and they get manhandled again, then that 0-2 start will look pretty bleak.

Statistically speaking it's not impossible, just it makes it that much harder of road for a team that, struggles on the road and in its division.

Good news is that after the Titans game the next toughest road game comes Nov 8th at Indy. Let's be honest if the secondary looks like it did last week and doesn't shape up we'll have no shot against Indy. FWIW after that we get our buy week after that game but start a stretch of 3 in division games starting with a monday night game against Tenn and culminating with an away game in Jacksonville.

Oh yeah those last two games... at Miami and at home Vs Patriots.