PDA

View Full Version : Pro Football Talk's Texans/Titans Pick

DoCRoN
09-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Really? The WHITE Texans helmet that never actually was used? REALLY?

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/32779492/ns/sports/?pg=9#spt_PFT_picks_09

CloakNNNdagger
09-17-2009, 11:01 PM
After last week, no one can fault anyone for predicting that we will rival Limp Bizkit on both sides of the ball. Under the circumstances there was charity given with a 28-13 loss prediction. Hope we come out that good or better.

Norg
09-18-2009, 12:00 AM
man iam feeling like we are on the verge of a 2-14 season

But its to early to think that way i still beleive in this team ... i hope my dreams dont get shatterd again

brakos82
09-18-2009, 12:03 AM
I'm deciding what's worse, their prediction... or the freakishly annoying number of ads on that site... :foottap:

Brisco_County
09-18-2009, 02:10 AM
I think it'll be closer than that, but I'm not expecting a win.

The only predictable thing about the Texans is that they start the season slow. Other than that, there's no telling what you're going to get on Sunday.

ObsiWan
09-18-2009, 03:01 AM
After last week, no one can fault anyone for predicting that we will rival Limp Bizkit on both sides of the ball. Under the circumstances there was charity given with a 28-13 loss prediction. Hope we come out that good or better.

yeah... where we gonna get 13 pts from?

CloakNNNdagger
09-18-2009, 08:30 AM
yeah... where we gonna get 13 pts from?

I can pull at least 7 pts out of my @SS. Anybody out there want to match or better my offer to run the score up on the Tacks???:pirate:

BigWig
09-18-2009, 08:44 AM

I did not see a white helmet, did they change the link?

Specnatz
09-18-2009, 10:54 AM
I did not see a white helmet, did they change the link?

White with the logo, never seen that one used. It was he is referring to.

Spike
09-18-2009, 11:43 AM
I'll be happy with a solid performance. I'd be happy to see these guys put up a good game and fight.

I am completely out of kool aid. In years past, even after a bad/ tough loss, I would have mustered up some confidence by Friday and would have hope that we could come out with a win. Not this year...

While the score may not indicate it, I anticipate that we will get dominated on the road. Titans win 24-3. VY sees the field midway through the fourth quarter.

Vinny
09-18-2009, 11:45 AM

we have so many different uniform combo's I'm not shocked people outside of here don't really know what we look like.

Thorn
09-18-2009, 11:46 AM
Titans win 24-3. VY sees the field midway through the fourth quarter.

If the sausage King scores points on the Texans, not even the largest supernova in the entire universe will compare to the explosion of this board.

Vinny
09-18-2009, 11:47 AM
If the sausage King scores points on the Texans, not even the largest supernova in the entire universe will compare to the explosion of this board.
the sad part is....he's already done it once.

Runner
09-18-2009, 11:57 AM
we have so many different uniform combo's I'm not shocked people outside of here don't really know what we look like.

I'm waiting for the Love the Planet green uniforms to come out so I can get a jersey to match my eyes.

badboy
09-18-2009, 12:28 PM
I can pull at least 7 pts out of my @SS. Anybody out there want to match or better my offer to run the score up on the Tacks???:pirate:Too bad your @ss ain't going to be playing.

CloakNNNdagger
09-18-2009, 12:35 PM
I can't believe that Las Vegas is placing the Tacks at only 6 1/2 pnt favorites.
The Tacks rank 13th in offense (against the Texans 31st ranked defense) and 23rd in defense (against the Texans 29th [tied] ranked offense).

Marcus
09-18-2009, 01:02 PM
I can pull at least 7 pts out of my @SS. Anybody out there want to match or better my offer to run the score up on the Tacks???:pirate:

The only way they got 7 pts last week was from that interception/lateral handoff. If that's not pulling it out of their @sses, I don't know what is.

38-7. They still won't be able to run the ball. The interior part of the OL will still be rag dolls, and Chris Johnson will have an over 200 yard day.

I think I'll watch women's bowling instead. :rolleyes:

Honoring Earl 34
09-18-2009, 01:40 PM
How critical is this game to the season ?

The thing we cannot do is get manhandled again . If we do , teams will lick their chops to play the Texans .

CloakNNNdagger
09-18-2009, 02:12 PM
The only way they got 7 pts last week was from that interception/lateral handoff. If that's not pulling it out of their @sses, I don't know what is.

38-7. They still won't be able to run the ball. The interior part of the OL will still be rag dolls, and Chris Johnson will have an over 200 yard day.

I think I'll watch women's bowling instead. :rolleyes:

Then you'd probably be able to watch the equivalent if you just stay tuned to the Texans/Tacks game. You could just as well watch 260 pound Lendale White (the bowling ball) split the Texans defense (the pins).:foottap:

CloakNNNdagger
09-18-2009, 02:22 PM

The thing we cannot do is get manhandled again . If we do , teams will lick their chops to play the Texans .

Year after year we keep hearing, after Game I........we still have 15 more games...........after Game 2..........we still have 14 more games..........after Game 3................we still have 13 games. The problem with this mentality is that each loss gives us a lesser number of game pool to make the majic number of 9-10 wins...........or maybe even 8. This mentality is a built in loser's mentality.............PRE-APPOLOGETIC to what has come to be a disappointing end result.

Honoring Earl 34
09-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Year after year we keep hearing, after Game I........we still have 15 more games...........after Game 2..........we still have 14 more games..........after Game 3................we still have 13 games. The problem with this mentality is that each loss gives us a lesser number of game pool to make the majic number of 9-10 wins...........or maybe even 8. This mentality is a built in loser's mentality.............PRE-APPOLOGETIC to what has come to be a disappointing end result.

I would have settled for 1-1 after the first two games and they can still do it . If they get their butt's kicked again , then why would I think they are going to beat the Jags . Like you said , it's here we go again .

HOU-TEX
09-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Heck, with the Jets game now on film around the league all teams have to do is do exactly what the Jets defense did. I mean, it's not like we'd make the adjustments for it.

Texan_Bill
09-18-2009, 02:31 PM

What about the three openers we won? Did you hear that then?? :specnatz:

Spike
09-18-2009, 03:00 PM

I don't know that this game individually means all that much, but it creates more pressure for the later games. I think most people had us at 1-1 after the first two games, so this gives us an opportunity to steal one back. I think the real benchmark is the first four games. I think people hoped for 3-1, but if we got 2-2 I think most would be satisfied. If we lose this game, we still can go 2-2.

MightyTExan
09-18-2009, 03:20 PM
At least we'll get to see how SexyRexy does against the Teets.

Texan Asylum
09-18-2009, 03:21 PM

Seems the mission of the team is that of fashion...SO, until our 'boys' get to playing like men, we ought to make them wear pink till they deserve otherwise.

CloakNNNdagger
09-18-2009, 03:50 PM
What about the three openers we won? Did you hear that then?? :specnatz:

Just delayed by a game or two, that's all.:gun:

Vinny
09-18-2009, 03:53 PM
As much as Schaub got hit last week, I wouldn't be shocked to see him knocked out of this game.

Khari
09-18-2009, 03:55 PM
bring on rex grossman!

CloakNNNdagger
09-18-2009, 04:35 PM
As much as Schaub got hit last week, I wouldn't be shocked to see him knocked out of this game.

He's never been that mobile to begin with, but mobile enough to "help" him avoid some situations. No matter what he says, on top of his overall poor decision making and poor performance, his mobility was definitely affected last Sunday by his ankle, immediately putting him in a defensive mode, aggrevated by a defenseless offense. His ankle is not going to miraculously be rehabbed by Sunday, and I'm afraid we'll be seeing him take the classic David Carr (fetal) position to try to avoid his ultimate fate.

Joe Texan
09-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Shaub Played Hurt for his Own Jollies, Man up Matt and help the team not yourself. I will be in Tennessee To help them Win so Come On team WIN