PDA

View Full Version : I overestimated the Texans

b0ng
09-17-2009, 06:53 PM
And all I got was this Jets avatar. Somebody shoot me.

CloakNNNdagger
09-17-2009, 07:00 PM
May Bong R.I.P :pop:

Carr Bombed
09-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Man I'm really afraid to see this board at 3:15pm come Sunday.

The board is already starting to tear the team apart, but atleast people still haven't lost their sense of humor......we play like dogs again this weekend and stare down the record of 0-2 and even the sense of humor will be gone.

brakos82
09-17-2009, 07:06 PM

The board is already starting to tear the team apart, but atleast people still haven't lost their sense of humor......we play like dogs again this weekend and stare down the record of 0-2 and even the sense of humor will be gone.

I'm still here. :kingkong:

And also...

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb23/brakos82/breesus.gif

l_j_r
09-17-2009, 07:09 PM
... the photo looks good on you b0ng!!! ...

... nice work honoring your bet ...

l_j_r

b0ng
09-17-2009, 07:19 PM
May Bong R.I.P :pop:

With shots of bleach to wash it down!

Wolf
09-17-2009, 07:24 PM
I am honoring the Jets also

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/22292/jets_flightcrew_meredith.jpg

brakos82
09-17-2009, 07:24 PM
With shots of bleach to wash it down!
You should've gone with the hot Jets chick. :thinking:

edit: Ninja'd by the Jets chick avy LOL

NitroGSXR
09-17-2009, 07:28 PM
I am honoring the Jets also

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/22292/jets_flightcrew_meredith.jpg

All i know is that she needs to get off the floor and get that flag hung.

ObsiWan
09-18-2009, 02:16 AM
strange request, but okaaay...
:hunter:

Malloy
09-18-2009, 03:48 AM

Its NP. we have been there before :)

Thorn
09-18-2009, 04:33 AM

What Jets avatar? I don't see no Jets avatar.

euro-Texan
09-18-2009, 07:37 AM
Wll at least the person you bet against was kind? I'm sporting the BrokeJET mountain avatar

rmartin65
09-18-2009, 07:44 AM
If the Texans win, all you people with the Jets avatars need to keep them. Good luck and all...

b0ng
09-18-2009, 07:48 AM
Wll at least the person you bet against was kind? I'm sporting the BrokeJET mountain avatar

I remember a pretty California QB. . .

Beer and Metal
09-18-2009, 08:43 AM
If the Texans win, all you people with the Jets avatars need to keep them. Good luck and all...

You know what? That's not a bad idea.

I was a coach on my son's 1st-2nd grade footbal team. We were the Jaguars. I'd wear my coaches polo around the house doing chores on some Sundays. So far, the Texans haven't lost while wearing it.

ATXtexanfan
09-18-2009, 09:04 AM

That's a good idea

Runner
09-18-2009, 09:11 AM

I think the "pessimists" from the off-season are handling it pretty well. I figured the Texans had turned so many corners they were driving in a circle.

It seems like the combination of bad play and surprise at that play from some with 11-12 win expectations has a big impact on the board vibe.

I still think the offense will get it together, but that it will start in week three. It's too bad we will likely be 0-2 by then. I don't think the offense wii reach "very good" status against the Titans. The best I expect is that Schaub gets through uninjured.

I need to see more from the defense to see if I can raise them from last year's level to "barely adequate". I've got to see it to believe it.

badboy
09-18-2009, 11:22 AM
I think the "pessimists" from the off-season are handling it pretty well. I figured the Texans had turned so many corners they were driving in a circle.

It seems like the combination of bad play and surprise at that play from some with 11-12 win expectations has a big impact on the board vibe.

I still think the offense will get it together, but that it will start in week three. It's too bad we will likely be 0-2 by then. I don't think the offense wii reach "very good" status against the Titans. The best I expect is that Schaub gets through uninjured.

I need to see more from the defense to see if I can raise them from last year's level to "barely adequate". I've got to see it to believe it.At the end of a season, I hate to look back and say "Wow, if we had just won that Jet game we would have made the play offs."

OzzO
09-18-2009, 12:32 PM
I overestimated the Texans And all I got was this Jets avatar...

You oughta make a shirt... sounds familiar.

dickieb
09-18-2009, 03:56 PM
At the end of a season, I hate to look back and say "Wow, if we had just won that Jet game we would have made the play offs."

I think our divisional games will be the ones we look back on.

beerlover
09-18-2009, 10:09 PM
:diapher:

sorry couldn't resist.

Jets look alot similar to last years Ravens team, maybe if they avoid injury's & Sanchez is the second coming of Marino as he looked last Sunday follow that up this weekend against the Patriots they'll be well on their way to the AFC Championship. We can then say the road to the Superbowl begins in Houston, someday the Texans need to finish what they start :shades:

hadaad
09-18-2009, 10:20 PM
:diapher:

sorry couldn't resist.

Jets look alot similar to last years Ravens team, maybe if they avoid injury's & Sanchez is the second coming of Marino as he looked last Sunday follow that up this weekend against the Patriots they'll be well on their way to the AFC Championship. We can then say the road to the Superbowl begins in Houston, someday the Texans need to finish what they start :shades:

From what I hear, Sanchez was a couple of dropped interceptions away from looking like "bad" Brett Favre.

Wolf
09-20-2009, 12:09 AM
Clock struck midnight Cinderellas
:kingkong:

I got my avatar back
http://blog.kir.com/archives/images/DeMeco%20Ryans%20on%20Collins.jpg

brakos82
09-20-2009, 12:12 AM
Clock struck midnight Cinderellas
:kingkong:

I got my avatar back
http://blog.kir.com/archives/images/DeMeco%20Ryans%20on%20Collins.jpg

Quick! Call Thorn! LOL

ObsiWan
09-20-2009, 03:48 AM
From what I hear, Sanchez was a couple of dropped interceptions away from looking like "bad" Brett Favre.

yeah, that's kinda true. Mario got his hands on the ball once - yeah, he was dropped back into coverage. And Zac Diles had one but the receiver played DB and made sure he didn't hold on to it.

If we make both of those plays, who knows....

It's kinda like errors in baseball. We're not good enough to "give teams extra outs".