PDA

View Full Version : Robinson fined for message on shoes

junior
09-13-2009, 06:04 PM
Dunta Robinson is the most overrated player in Texans history, and his comments after the game only make me hate him (as a player) more than I already did. Saying that his message on his cleats (Pay me Rick) is what he is playing for should finally show those who defend him on this board who he is and always was, a very selfish very average player.

This guy is supposedly a team leader and this is the message you send out after one of the most disappointing losses in our history, laughing about your cleats. Memo to you D-Rob, you are not that good, you are way over paid and the one thing you are good at, tackling, you were awful at today. So why don't you wait until you have a good game to make mention of your message to the GM.

Thorn
09-13-2009, 06:08 PM
He's the best CB we got. He might not be worth the money, but he's still the best we got.

eriadoc
09-13-2009, 06:10 PM
What did he say? What was the question, answer, etc.? If he said it like you're representing, then yeah, that's bad for the locker room and he needs to go.

He's the best CB we got. He might not be worth the money, but he's still the best we got.

Sorry man, we don't need Jets fans in here. Oh wait, Thorn? Is that you? Sorry, misidentification.

Goldensilence
After seeing this game maybe we can bench the entire team and staff for the other team in Houston that won a big game...UH?

junior

thats the point he is the best we got and this is the message he sends.

Thorn
09-13-2009, 06:12 PM
Sorry man, we don't need Jets fans in here. Oh wait, Thorn? Is that you? Sorry, misidentification.

I will hurt you.

junior
09-13-2009, 06:12 PM
What did he say? What was the question, answer, etc.? If he said it like you're representing, then yeah, that's bad for the locker room and he needs to go.

the question was asked about the writing on his cleats, he responding laughingly, it says Pay Me Rick thats what I or we play for. it was on 610 postgame.

Silver Oak
09-13-2009, 06:13 PM

they sure seemed to throw at our best CB alot today?

Revis has to be looking at Robinson dollars and salivating that a player lesser than he can get that kind of money.

Leahmic223
09-13-2009, 06:13 PM
I really don't care if he's the best we got. I don't want him anymore on this team if he's saying things like this.

Goodbye, we can lose without you thank you very much.

False Start
09-13-2009, 06:14 PM
Yeah, Dunta must have thought he was on Def Comedy Jams...... not funny!

GP
09-13-2009, 06:16 PM
If this is true, then cut him. Of course, this is how I have always felt about the guy.

It's no surprise that he'd say something like that.

Thorn
09-13-2009, 06:16 PM
I don't care for Dunta, I've made that clear in previous posts. It doesn't take away from the fact he is still the best CB we have.

DerekLee1
09-13-2009, 06:18 PM
"Pay me Rick"

"SHOW ME DUNTA".

Dunta Robinson was terrible today, and it showed me yet again why Rick Smith is smarter than the players. Put up and shut up. He has said time and time again, "Play and get paid". I've been on the fence all off-season, and am now squarely on Rick Smith's side. Dunta has shown nothing since his injury that justifies more than the ridiculuous $23MM he was offered. The rookies showed more than he had.

"Pay me Rick".

"Piss off Dunta". Greedy prick.

Buffi2
09-13-2009, 06:19 PM
I think Dunta is delusional. Has he forgotten that he is being paid 10 million $? Guaranteed? For doing nothing but putting messages on his shoes? And then he says he needs to practice tackles. He is being paid 10 million $ and he still needs to practice tackling?

This child is getting on my last old person nerve.

DerekLee1
09-13-2009, 06:21 PM
What did he say? What was the question, answer, etc.?

He had written on his shoes, "Pay me Rick".
And laughed about it after the game saying, "It's just a reminder why we play this game - to get paid".

Screw you, Dunta.

False Start
09-13-2009, 06:24 PM
http://www.sportsradio610.com/

About the two minute mark, of the video on the front page. :ok:

Wolf
09-13-2009, 06:24 PM
I expect a fine from the NFL then .. like he cares, he is getting paid

I can't believe he would do this (well yes I can)

Texan4Ever
09-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Our DBs got torched and if Dunta thinks loosing 24-7 to a rookie QB is funny then he needs to get the hell out of here and move in with Pacman Jones. Dunta has done jack for this franchise other then what he did his rookie season and is a waste of a draft pick and money.

nut
09-13-2009, 06:27 PM
He's the best of a lousy group of CB's and he will probably not be as good as he was before the injury. But the fact he can be stupid enough to say that BS without realizing what a dumbass he sounds like is not good and is a reflection of the larger problem. Being an ***** is not rare in the NFL, ask Brandon Marshall. This just in, we don't care how much you make any more than you care how much we make.

Mr teX
09-13-2009, 06:28 PM
they sure seemed to throw at our best CB alot today?

Revis has to be looking at Robinson dollars and salivating that a player lesser than he can get that kind of money.

Bologna...they didn't throw at him alot...they threw at ferguson and the LB's alot.

eriadoc
09-13-2009, 06:31 PM
So he thinks his only problem was tackling, which is "minor". Since that's the only feather he had to put in his cap, I think he needs to find some freakin' humility and get his ass to work.

I have stated repeatedly that I don't hold anything against Robinson for the franchise contract issue just like I don't hold it against the Texans. It's the business side of things. Therefore, he needs to act like a professional. As of now, Robinson can go to hell. Or the Raiders, whichever is worse.

PapaL
09-13-2009, 06:31 PM
It IS why they play the game. How many of you go to work just because?

Get over it. He's the best CB we have and was the best DB on the field for us today.

eriadoc
09-13-2009, 06:34 PM

I go to work for results. I get paid for those results. If I don't produce, I'm not guaranteed a dime. So I go to work for results. I put my heart into it instead of just hanging back and trying to collect a paycheck. Furthermore, I never go to work with the attitude that I'm just there for a paycheck. I'm there to put in an honest day's work. And I get paid for that, along with results.

And Busing was the best DB we had on the field today.

Mr teX
09-13-2009, 06:37 PM
I go to work for results. I get paid for those results. If I don't produce, I'm not guaranteed a dime. So I go to work for results. I put my heart into it instead of just hanging back and trying to collect a paycheck. Furthermore, I never go to work with the attitude that I'm just there for a paycheck. I'm there to put in an honest day's work. And I get paid for that, along with results.

busing,D-rob & Barber all played fairly well. Ferguson was clearly the guy they started targeting in the secondary. Ferguson let Sanchez out of a sack when he blitzed. I believe he was also the safety over the top when McCain blew his assignment & of course that late 3rd down conversion he gave up.

junior
09-13-2009, 06:38 PM

Get over it. He's the best CB we have and was the best DB on the field for us today.

Your absolutely right my job and hiss are so comparable, and as we all know I guys in sports always win, ask T.O. , Brandon Marshall, Jay Cutler, Ochocinco, and theres a list of others.

euro-Texan
09-13-2009, 06:40 PM
can we trade him for a new center?

eriadoc
09-13-2009, 06:40 PM
busing & D-rob & Barber played well. Ferguson was clearly the guy they started targeting. Just because you don't like what he wrote on his shoes doesn't mean he didn't have a solid game.

He didn't have a solid game because he didn't have a solid game. He made a nice play on the ball in the first quarter, and he didn't egregiously miss any assignments, but he tackled like crap. How is that a "solid" game? He didn't do anything to wow anyone, and he missed tackles that mattered. That's a subpar game, not a "solid" game.

Mr teX
09-13-2009, 06:44 PM
He didn't have a solid game because he didn't have a solid game. He made a nice play on the ball in the first quarter, and he didn't egregiously miss any assignments, but he tackled like crap. How is that a "solid" game? He didn't do anything to wow anyone, and he missed tackles that mattered. That's a subpar game, not a "solid" game.

Who didn't miss tackles today? Everyone including Meco did, doesn't mean he didn't have a solid game all things considered.

He did have a solid game, just because you don't like what he wrote on his shoes doesn't mean that he didn't play pretty well. Ferguson on the other hand got his lunch ate out there.

eriadoc
09-13-2009, 06:56 PM
He did have a solid game, just because you don't like what he wrote on his shoes doesn't mean that he didn't play pretty well. Ferguson on the other hand got his lunch ate out there.

As I made sure to write above, my assessment of his game is not based on what he wrote on his shoes. It's based on the fact that he played like crap. Just because everyone else played like crap doesn't mean his crap gets elevated or something. Just about every Texan on the team played like crap today. He did NOT have a solid game. A solid game would have been no missed assignments and no missed tackles. A good game would include some pass deflections or maybe a pick, or even a couple awesome tackles. His game today didn't live up to "solid", much less good.

I'd like to see your criteria for a solid game, if that's what you think he had. I just laid my criteria out for you - doing his job. If he does his job, with no mistakes, but nothing above and beyond, that's solid. If he goes above and beyond, that's good. If he doesn't do his job, that's poor. This is pretty much how managers make personnel evaluations all over the world.

DocBar
09-13-2009, 06:58 PM
I've never been so embarrassed to wear a Texans jersey. I'm 3 days removed from shoulder surgery and went through a personal hell to put that jersey on and not only do I get a crap performance on the field, I get a primadonna with a burnt ass trying to be funny. I'm sure I'll change my mind, but right now, the entire Texans organization can kiss my ass. I'm sick and tired of losing and pulling for losers.

texanhead08
09-13-2009, 07:01 PM
Its obvious he wants out of here the Texans should just tell him at the end of the season that his services are no longer needed. Then to make sure he understands send him an email that says adios mofo.

Silver Oak
09-13-2009, 07:03 PM
Bologna...they didn't throw at him alot...they threw at ferguson and the LB's alot.

well, ok. I'll review it and see how many times, cause it sure seemed like alot to me.

PapaL
09-13-2009, 07:11 PM
Your absolutely right my job and hiss are so comparable, and as we all know I guys in sports always win, ask T.O. , Brandon Marshall, Jay Cutler, Ochocinco, and theres a list of others.

If you weren't being paid what you thought you were worth at work you would leave and find another job in the same field making what you think you are worth, correct? NFL players do not have that option. Yeah it sucks for you that makes millions more but that is not his fault. Get off the guys back. In the same position 99% of us would do the same - ESPECIALLY after suffering a very traumatic injury that could have ended your career and seeing what happens to those other players who didn't make it to their next contract.

The guy showed up when he had to, per NFL rules and policy, and played a damn good game - better than all our other DBs.

PapaL
09-13-2009, 07:14 PM

If DRob was just hanging back and trying to collect a paycheck as you imply he is then he would have shown up out of shape and been dogging it all week. Instead he showed up solid and beat out/won/was given, you choose, the starting CB start.

You wanna pick on somebody that didn't earn his paycheck - try Meyers and the OL. They collected a check today for no results.

Mr teX
09-13-2009, 07:14 PM
As I made sure to write above, my assessment of his game is not based on what he wrote on his shoes. It's based on the fact that he played like crap. Just because everyone else played like crap doesn't mean his crap gets elevated or something. Just about every Texan on the team played like crap today. He did NOT have a solid game. A solid game would have been no missed assignments and no missed tackles. A good game would include some pass deflections or maybe a pick, or even a couple awesome tackles. His game today didn't live up to "solid", much less good.

I'd like to see your criteria for a solid game, if that's what you think he had. I just laid my criteria out for you - doing his job. If he does his job, with no mistakes, but nothing above and beyond, that's solid. If he goes above and beyond, that's good. If he doesn't do his job, that's poor. This is pretty much how managers make personnel evaluations all over the world.

Yeah but managers also take into account all the other factors too buddy.

When did he miss a tackle where it was SQUARELY on him to make the play? All of the "missed" tackles you're speaking of weren't even his man or responsibility. He was flying in from somewhere else trying to help someone else out who got burned. You said earlier he didn't miss any assignments & 1 of the only drives we were able to stop them on 3rd down was made possible b/c of the play he made.

So basically you're saying because he didn't make a couple of tackles where he was the assist guy he didn't have a solid game? that's crap dude. Bottom line, every player on defense for every team is gonna miss a tackle or 2 at some point in a game......even the best in the game.

Texecutioner
09-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Dunta Robinson is the most overrated player in Texans history, and his comments after the game only make me hate him (as a player) more than I already did. Saying that his message on his cleats (Pay me Rick) is what he is playing for should finally show those who defend him on this board who he is and always was, a very selfish very average player.

This guy is supposedly a team leader and this is the message you send out after one of the most disappointing losses in our history, laughing about your cleats. Memo to you D-Rob, you are not that good, you are way over paid and the one thing you are good at, tackling, you were awful at today. So why don't you wait until you have a good game to make mention of your message to the GM.

Not only that, he was laughing away about the game and seemed very happy after the loss. He seemed to not have a care in the world about this team playing horribly. THe radio hosts both said that he wasn't the same DUnta they had remembered in years past and I thought the same thing when I was listening. What kind of player laughs and is happy after a game like that?? A player that only cares about getting a huge contract I guess. "F" Dunte Robinson!!!!!

Ckw
09-13-2009, 07:19 PM
I cannot understand the "He's the best we got" mentality. He looked like absolute shit today!! There were quite a few plays the Dunta whiffed on, and the guy is atrocious in coverage. He didn't even tackle well today, and he wants to talk about getting paid?!?

Brando, he isn't going to work for free. In fact, he is making about $600,000 every time he shows up for work. Not to mention, he skipped out on his training because he was so upset about that $600,000 every time he shows up for work.

Folks, Dunta was awful today. You show me one good play today, and I will show you 10 horrible plays he made today.

Ckw
09-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Not only that, he was laughing away about the game and seemed very happy after the loss. He seemed to not have a care in the world about this team playing horribly. THe radio hosts both said that he wasn't the same DUnta they had remembered in years past and I thought the same thing when I was listening. What kind of player laughs and is happy after a game like that?? A player that only cares about getting a huge contract I guess. "F" Dunte Robinson!!!!!

Totally agree, Tex. I would love to give this punk a piece of my mind. I really don't want this asshat on the field as a Texan anymore. He represents everything that is wrong with the NFL and professional sports in general. "F" Dunta Robinson is right.

Mr teX
09-13-2009, 07:22 PM
well, ok. I'll review it and see how many times, cause it sure seemed like alot to me.

yeah, sanchez didn't throw it downfield much, most of those 3rd down conversions came on short passes across the middle taking advantage of the Lb's or on short passes where the wr made a couple of people miss or was able to turn and run.

now 2 of those were against dunta but i counted less than 5 times they actually threw at him. It was just a masterfully called game by thier offensive coordinator.

edit...on the TD play that was bennett who was over the top of McCain not ferguson.

Norg
09-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Can we bemch D rob SUre

will we naa hes the best CB we got .... with that being said is he really that good NO

Can we trade him sure more draft picks for next year wouldnt hurt ...iam already talking about the draft after wk1 :gun:

TimeKiller
09-13-2009, 07:44 PM
Maybe they didn't target him more but that doesn't mean he was ignored. I didn't find much walking of the walk in comparison to the talking part. Although I must say, if only a few times the defense did make a difference in the game.

I would be checking the "market" for a Dunta Robinson...if that sort of thing were my job.

Busing is making more plays than any safety I've seen in a Texan uni. That dude deserves more field time. Ferguson was hitting the ol' decline...

Hervoyel
09-13-2009, 07:59 PM
Here's the thing guys, Dunta is going to be a burr under the saddle for the duration of this (I'm guessing here) "4-12" season. Ok, maybe it won't be that bad but Dunta is going to have a smart ass comment waiting all year long and the fact is that we can't bench him or cut him because we're paying the man 10 million dollars. We can't afford to bench him because he's out of shape and he needs every rep he can get just to get back up to his old hard-hitting but average in coverage self.

I'd let him walk in 2010 but that's just me. I can't stand the arrogant bastard. He's not worth the money he's making right now and he certainly isn't worth what he imagines he should be making. As another poster said "we can lose without him".

Pity we didn't take Revis when we had the chance.

Trail.Blazr
09-13-2009, 08:02 PM
I would bench his butt for the season, then see how much he gets paid in 2010.

Ckw
09-13-2009, 08:02 PM
Here's the thing guys, Dunta is going to be a burr under the saddle for the duration of this (I'm guessing here) "4-12" season. Ok, maybe it won't be that bad but Dunta is going to have a smart ass comment waiting all year long and the fact is that we can't bench him or cut him because we're paying the man 10 million dollars. We can't afford to bench him because he's out of shape and he needs every rep he can get just to get back up to his old hard-hitting but average in coverage self.

I'd let him walk in 2010 but that's just me. I can't stand the arrogant bastard. He's not worth the money he's making right now and he certainly isn't worth what he imagines he should be making. As another poster said "we can lose without him".

Pity we didn't take Revis when we had the chance.

You have just summed up my entire thoughts on the matter.

Only thing I will add is my fear is that this injury has taken away Dunta's heart and simply turned him into a money hungry SOB just looking for his one big pay day. I am sure some of you will think I am overreacting but IMO, Dunta looked as bad if not worse than any Texan that stepped on the field today. He was abysmal.

Mr teX
09-13-2009, 08:13 PM
The over reaction in this thread is ridiculous. The guy didn't even play enough to play as bad as you guys claim he did. He wasn't even in the game on some of the series' as kubiak did say he was only gonna play about 20 snaps.

Yeah he "missed" a couple of tackles but what defensive player in a game doesn't?

Trail.Blazr
09-13-2009, 08:15 PM
The over reaction in this thread is ridiculous. The guy didn't even play enough to play as bad as you guys claim he did. He wasn't even in the game on some of the series' as kubiak did say he was only gonna play about 20 snaps.

Yeah he "missed" a couple of tackles but what defensive player in a game doesn't?

He made his bed... no pity for the fool

Mr teX
09-13-2009, 08:20 PM
He made his bed... no pity for the fool

Just because he's not walking the company line. Its going to be interesting to see the reaction if Meco or Mario or someone else who's beloved on this team do the same thing. Then it'll be "look he missed a tackle he played horrible & doesn't deserve what he's asking for...lets cut/trade him."

RTP2110
09-13-2009, 08:22 PM
If you weren't being paid what you thought you were worth at work you would leave and find another job in the same field making what you think you are worth, correct? NFL players do not have that option.

See, this is my biggest problem with Dunta crying about his contract. He is getting top 5 money. What on earth is he complaining about?

Sure any of us would leave our company to make more somewhere else. But who is going to pay Dunta anymore than what the franchise tag pays?

I would understand if he was in Demeco's postion. Demeco is grossly outperforming his contract. He's severly underpaid, and he has a legitimate reason to complain.

For the life of me, I don't understand how someone can make top 5 money (10 million/year) and still cry out, "Pay me!".....You are getting paid!! ID10T!

hot pickle
09-13-2009, 08:25 PM
when is reeves coming back...?

Texecutioner
09-13-2009, 08:26 PM
Just because he's not walking the company line. Its going to be interesting to see the reaction if Meco or Mario or someone else who's beloved on this team do the same thing. Then it'll be "look he missed a tackle he played horrible & doesn't deserve what he's asking for...lets cut/trade him."

The guy's been overrated in Houston for the last two years.

Did you not hear his interview after the game? The guy didn't give a damn that we lost and in years past he was pissed and would go nuts. The guy was joking and happy after this loss. Screw him.

eriadoc

You haven't been paying attention.. I don't fault DRob for his contract situation at all. Those guys have to do business the same way the teams do - cutthroat. I am 100% fine with that, and I am 100% fine with DRob leaving the contract unsigned for as long as he could. Once he's here, he needs to shut his trap and play with the heart that he used to play with. That is how he's going to get the respect and money he deserves. This BS attitude that he has is bush league.

Then, as a completely separate issue, he didn't have a good game. No one did.

Can you separate those two things? Can you realize that I am separating those two things? I don't care about how much money he's making, and I never use the term "deserve".

Buffi2

Dunta was a beloved member of this team once upon a time just last year. If anyone acted the same way Dunta has/is, the fan reaction would be the same - we don't discriminate in our overreactions.

Ckw
09-13-2009, 08:29 PM

That's not the issue. All of my comments stem from one thing: I don't believe Dunta has ever been that good. He has always been terrible in coverage but an above average tackler. He is coming back from one of the most serious injuries an athlete can suffer and may not ever return to his past form. All that being said, Rick Smith wanted him and made him a good offer. All Dunta has done is act like an asshole through the entire process. When July 23, or whenever the deadline for signing a long-term deal passed, he should have sucked it up and been in camp.

As someone else said, he made his own bed.

WesmanTexanfan
09-13-2009, 08:36 PM
The Texans should have gotten off their ass and paid him, get that money D! The way we played today our coaches obviously have no idea how to be mean and take games, and I can't blame him...

Ckw
09-13-2009, 08:40 PM
The Texans should have gotten off their ass and paid him, get that money D! The way we played today our coaches obviously have no idea how to be mean and take games, and I can't blame him...

They offered to pay him. You are nuts if you think anything he did once the deadline for signing a long-term deal passed. He acted like a little kid. To top it all of, he looked like crap today.

Mr teX
09-13-2009, 08:45 PM
The guy's been overrated in Houston for the last two years.

Did you not hear his interview after the game? The guy didn't give a damn that we lost and in years past he was pissed and would go nuts. The guy was joking and happy after this loss. Screw him.

Yeah, in years past he would get ticked & what exactly did that do for him & the team? Honestly, what else can you do after a bad loss like this? Everyone was worried about the defense coming into this season and they wind up playing better than everyone expected (putting the only points up) and the offense lets us down. The fact of the matter is we won't ever know what we have/had in Dunta if we can't generate a CONSISTENT pass rush for him & the rest of the Lb's and secondary to depend on. Something we've been lacking since his rookie year which just happens to be the best year he's had to date.

& I didn't say he had a "good" game I said he was "solid" i.e. not good or bad either way.

As far as 'discriminating on over-reactions" how would we know, we've never faced this situation...at least with a player on the texans.

Wolf
09-13-2009, 08:52 PM
what I don't like is D-rob says how he likes houston
the Texans reportedly offered him close to Chris Gamble money ..

He says no.. and reportedly we say we won't franchise him.. he won't sign, so we franchise him and give him franchise money ..he is pissed

so he signs when the regular season starts with a nice franchise contract (granted it isn't long term) and yet puts that crap on his shoes

screw him ... pay Demeco

did I miss anything?

BSofA04
09-13-2009, 09:47 PM
what I don't like is D-rob says how he likes houston
the Texans reportedly offered him close to Chris Gamble money ..

He says no.. and reportedly we say we won't franchise him.. he won't sign, so we franchise him and give him franchise money ..he is pissed

so he signs when the regular season starts with a nice franchise contract (granted it isn't long term) and yet puts that crap on his shoes

screw him ... pay Demeco

did I miss anything?

Well said. Hey Dunta, screw you!

Big Lou
09-13-2009, 09:52 PM
So. his cleats said "Pay me Rick". They should have said "Pay me what I'm worth!" Then Rick Smith could have come out on the field with some Jelly of the Month Club certifcates. It would get him signed so we can trade his worthless ass, and it would help with the salary cap.

Oh yeh and I say bench his ass. He is a Nickel Corner at best. Lets hope Frenchy is ready for Nashville!

Texan4Ever
09-13-2009, 09:56 PM
Can we trade him to the Raiders and tell Al Davis what "freak of an athlete" Dunta is. Maybe we can just say he runs a 4.3 40-Yard Dash and trade him for some draft picks?

DerekLee1
09-14-2009, 07:11 AM

The problem is more his "PAY ME RICK" crap than the fact that he had a bad game. Everyone is entitled to a bad game. But he just made this all about himself and not the team, and that's the problem that everyone has. You put something like "PAY ME RICK" on your shoes, you damn well better perform like you deserve it. I think Smith and Kubiak should suspend him or even cut him, regardless of his salary. What he did is detrimental to this team, and right now I despise him for it.

Hooston Texan
09-14-2009, 10:01 AM
edit...on the TD play that was bennett who was over the top of McCain not ferguson.

Nope. There was no over-the-top safety on the play. Bennett's man was running a streak up the sideline, and Fred broke off of him when he saw the ball in the air. McCain just released the guy without anyone back. Now, whether that was by design and the safety screwed up or McCain just forgot, I cannot say. But Bennett was not responsible for that TD.

IBleedTexans
09-14-2009, 10:26 AM

Well at least someone knows what there talking about. Suntan played pretty well for someone who didn't practice with the team all preseason and training camp.
I sweat you guys sure do like to critisize dunta a lot,but if he would of played absolutely superb every one of.y'all would be all on his junk. Your telln me that if your boss hadn't giving you a raise after 4 years you'd be happy working there.fairweather fans I sweat

Vinny
09-14-2009, 10:33 AM
I keep watching that Dunta segment and can't figure out why so much outrage. I don't see him giving up or dogging it on the field and all the drama and yakety-yak, yak doesn't mean much to me and I don't think it means much to his teammates. There is a game Sunday and he'll get his reps and hopefully the team plays better.

nflnutswife
09-14-2009, 10:33 AM
Well at least someone knows what there talking about. Suntan played pretty well for someone who didn't practice with the team all preseason and training camp.
I sweat you guys sure do like to critisize dunta a lot,but if he would of played absolutely superb every one of.y'all would be all on his junk. Your telln me that if your boss hadn't giving you a raise after 4 years you'd be happy working there.fairweather fans I sweat

I give raises for the exemplary work my employee give me.

I lost all respect for Dun in the preseason.

ChampionTexan
09-14-2009, 10:42 AM
I keep watching that Dunta segment and can't figure out why so much outrage. I don't see him giving up or dogging it on the field and all the drama and yakety-yak, yak doesn't mean much to me and I don't think it means much to his teammates. There is a game Sunday and he'll get his reps and hopefully the team plays better.

Also, the fact that he's asking Rick to pay him kind of flies in the face of the idea he's hellbent on leaving.

BigBull17
09-14-2009, 10:53 AM

They lit up everyone. Sanchez had a ********** field day. He got called for a false start because he couldn't wait to throw another pass. Glad we interviewed one DC and he gaveup 500 yards in his first game. Feels great.
:gun:

DerekLee1
09-14-2009, 11:05 AM

Because fans don't want to hear that a player is there to collect a paycheck. They want someone passionate about the team and passionate about the game. You play and you'll get paid. Put up or shut up. And to receive 10 million dollars - when most of the people in the stands are struggling just to buy $50 a seat to watch you play - and then complain that you're not getting paid ENOUGH does not sit well with most people.

Look, we've gotten to a point where we throw athlete salaries around in conversation like it's monopoly money, or a video game. The fact is, what he makes in ONE GAME this year is more than the average FAMILY in the U.S. will make in 15 YEARS. And he's complaining that he wants MORE?!? And this is AFTER turning down $23 million. That's TWENTY THREE MILLION DOLLARS. I don't give a rat's ARSE how much "others" are getting paid. It's unlikely I'll ever see one TENTH of that in my lifetime.

I'm sorry, that doesn't sit well with me, and I am outraged. If his true attitude is "we're here to get paid", then he's a cancer and needs to be cut. It reminds me of a former number one draft pick we had on our team that was only here to collect a paycheck. Like DeMeco and OD, show us something and you'll get yours. Otherwise, get the f out of town.

HoustonFrog
09-14-2009, 11:14 AM

Schaub said it bothered him. I wouldn't want that loser as my leader on D. I'm a big fan of benching the guy and sending a message. Did he lay the wood out there like he usually does?No. Probably because he wants to protect his asset..a healthy body. I thought the whole thing was complete bush league and the guy is just a punk ass loser now who basically isn't even worth the money he wants.

Vinny
09-14-2009, 11:58 AM
lots of players think like Dunta...most are just too smart to say it though. I don't think it matters, he knows his resume is in his game film.

Hookem Horns
09-14-2009, 02:22 PM
If this is true, then cut him. Of course, this is how I have always felt about the guy.

Hence my new avatar.

eriadoc
09-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Hence my new avatar.

I'd Keyshawn him. As Vinny said, his resume is on game film ... well, he doesn't have a good resume post-injury. I'd just stop him from showing anything and let him see what kind of contract that gets him next year.

Yeah, I'm spiteful that way.

Spled
09-14-2009, 02:27 PM
I don't see us paying him 9 million next year.

m5kwatts
09-14-2009, 02:27 PM
Who cares about all the pay me stuff? We lost the game, thats whats important here. If we won yesterday no one would care about any of this.

Marcus
09-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Who cares about all the pay me stuff? We lost the game, thats whats important here. If we won yesterday no one would care about any of this.

That is wrong on so many levels, it's pathetic.

HoustonFrog
09-14-2009, 03:29 PM

Untrue. You add the shoe to the comment after the game and you have a guy that isn't saying you play to win championships but you play to get paid. That is what he said. No reading into it. Schaub already said it bothered him. I'm sure he isn't the only one. His smile, etc after the game was the exact thing that got him to rank on Carr when he was here.

Dan B.
09-14-2009, 03:41 PM
I really don't care what motivates a guy to play his best. If Dunta needs to write "F U Rick Smith" on his shoes to play well, so be it. Some people perform better with a chip on their shoulder. Good coaches know this and will often tick a guy off just so he can "prove Coach wrong" and shine on the field.

That being said, Dunta did not play well at all. I think missing camp hurt. He looked slightly out of position and late to the play all game long to me.

I'm not nearly as mad about the shoes as I am about his performance.

GP
09-14-2009, 03:44 PM
Untrue. You add the shoe to the comment after the game and you have a guy that isn't sayin to play to win championships but you play to get paid. That is what he said. No reading into it. Schaub already said it bothered him. I'm sure he isn't the only one. His smile, etc after the game was the exact thing that got him to rank on Carr when he was here.

Yep.

I am so disappointed that the Texans elected to keep him.

He should have been released the day before he accepted his deadline offer. Now I can only hope they keep him activated, but put him on the bench no matter what we need out of him.

To have done what he did, with his shoes, and then brag about it afterwards, is 100% bogus and unnnprofessional with three n's instead of one.

To me, with what we're battling right now inside the heads of the players, Rick Smith or Kubiak need to bench him and deny him any playing time. Cutting him would make him eligible to go somewhere else. Keep him, but don't play him. Make a special section of the bench just for him--Instruct him that he sits THERE and away from the rest of the team.

For all that we complain about, in terms of our players' play yesterday, at least they had some semblance of respect for the organization and its members. Dunta didn't. He's 100% poisonous now, just as I worried he would be.

Should. Have. Cut. Him.

Now we need to keep him required to be there, but to be away from the team or face suspensions and pay cuts. Instruct all players to avoid him, as well, or face suspensions and fines. You treat a baby like a baby.

badboy
09-14-2009, 03:48 PM
DR must have spent too much time reading his shoes rather than the offense.

GP
09-14-2009, 04:00 PM
DR must have spent too much time reading his shoes rather than the offense.

But he's been working out on his own all summer.

I am disappointed that this organization didn't rescind their offer the day before he accepted it.

To suck is one thing.

To suck with a cancer on your team, laughing the whole way to the morgue, is beyond comprehension to me.

Silver Oak
09-14-2009, 04:03 PM
maybe this question has been asked already, but can we not trade him now, or would teams be reluctant to take on his big salary for less than a seasons work?

Revolution
09-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Not my money, but this guy has lost me completely. I would cut him so fast, his head would spin....Kind of like Sunday...

Pathetic excuse for a LEADER.

I don't want him on the team another day.

That's all I have about Mr. Robinson.

Wolf
09-14-2009, 06:23 PM
I'd like to see Bob install one of these specially made Benches for D-Rob

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3544/3502064024_b9e729ac8e.jpg

and that almost goes for some of the other players that we saw yesterday

I really need to save that for an avatar for later

CloakNNNdagger
09-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Dunta backpedals with a very innovative shoe explanation/excused.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6618792.html

“That was something I did a long time ago, and I wore them to the first game,” Robinson said. “When I got those shoes three months ago, Rick and I weren’t seeing eye to eye.

“It was all fun and games. I don’t think Rick took it personally. It wasn’t meant that way. If I had thought it would bring some negativity in here (locker room), I wouldn’t have put them on. The guys laughed about it. “I won’t wear them again. I guess it rubbed people the wrong way, and I don’t want to be in that situation again.”

dtran04
09-14-2009, 08:26 PM
He was much better off not saying anything compared to that lie. It's safe to say he doesn't have a publicist. His agent needs to shut him up or it will cost him millions.

Wolf
09-14-2009, 08:26 PM
crawdadin' is what I call it

http://k41.pbase.com/u21/bookjohn/upload/13979916.Crawfishdefensesbwebn.jpg

Porky
09-14-2009, 08:43 PM
I have been staying out of most of the Dunta bashing, but at this point I can't take it anymore. I think this is BS and what he said yesterday off the cuff is the truth. He is all about ME, not team. Hey, it's ok. We feel your pain Dunta. How can you possibly make it in life on 10 mil. I mean the indignity of it all.

Ckw
09-14-2009, 09:50 PM
I have been staying out of most of the Dunta bashing, but at this point I can't take it anymore. I think this is BS and what he said yesterday off the cuff is the truth. He is all about ME, not team. Hey, it's ok. We feel your pain Dunta. How can you possibly make it in life on 10 mil. I mean the indignity of it all.

Porky?!?! Is that you???? Cute girl on the avatar but that really threw me off.

imatexan
09-14-2009, 10:20 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/index.asp?mm_file_id=3404&play_clip=y

Dunta and the team has moved on.

Have you?

GP
09-14-2009, 11:12 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/index.asp?mm_file_id=3404&play_clip=y

Dunta and the team has moved on.

Have you?

Until he puts it on his shoes, I won't believe it.

hot pickle
09-15-2009, 01:56 AM
i wouldnt have had a problem if he would have just said something like it was a reminder to me to get my job done so i can get paid... but his comments clearly say to me that he doesnt care about winning with the texans and just wants money... hes not gonna be around next year... and if kubes and smith are still here look for them to replace him with either a draft pick or FA... but hopefully kubiak and smith either turn this season around to a 10-6 record or are gone after this season

CloakNNNdagger
09-15-2009, 06:38 AM
Kubiak was asked what message does this send to the fans (no fines, no suspension, no tangible discipline). His answer (paraphrase) "I don't know, but the players and Dunta and the team are movin' on."

Hey, Gary, with a lame response to the situation like that, fans may soon follow................movin' on, that is. But that shouldn't bother anyone up there. After all, that's alright, we the fans can handle that "internally."

Austrian
09-15-2009, 07:06 AM
Kubiak was asked what message does this send to the fans (no fines, no suspension, no tangible discipline). His answer (paraphrase) "I don't know, but the players and Dunta and the team are movin' on."

Hey, Gary, with a lame response to the situation like that, fans may soon follow................movin' on, that is. But that shouldn't bother anyone up there. After all, that's alright, we the fans can handle that "internally."

He looked caught off guard by that question. I honestly believe he didn't quite know what to say. Still a lame response, but I think a great question.

Silver Oak
09-15-2009, 07:17 AM
I doubt Dunta receives the warm welcome from fans that he did during the Jets game intro.

HoustonFrog
09-15-2009, 08:14 AM

At least announce a fine for team subordination. From that they are making it sound like they buy Dunta's "joke" angle. THAT is a joke. It won't happen but effing that guys leverage by sitting him would be great in my book. But that is a pipe dream.

CloakNNNdagger
09-15-2009, 08:30 AM
At least announce a fine for team subordination. From that they are making it sound like they buy Dunta's "joke" angle. THAT is a joke. It won't happen but effing that guys leverage by sitting him would be great in my book. But that is a pipe dream.

Unfortunately, as we are finding out more and more, the players (with a sparse exception) are not the only "soft" ones............the coaching staff and the front office are leading the way by example.

Mr teX
09-15-2009, 09:15 AM
& many of you wonder why we're soft....Judging by this thread, our players can't say or do anything that's not in line with the front office so he needs to be traded, sat or released b/c he's selfish & it might ruin team chemistry. We need that nice "team guy" who obeys the FO, does & says all the right things at the right times & wouldn't dare go against them. Yeah, there are lots of those guys out on the street we can pick up, Who knows we might be able to bring back matt stevens & maybe Vontez Duff is still looking to get back into the league! Give me a break...

If our team's is so fragile as to be "bothered" by this little crap (as compared to TO's shenanigans over the last 5 years), we shouldn't even show up and play b/c we're gonna get hammered every week.

The ironic thing about all this disdain for Dunta is that the only major sport championships this city has ever won, A rogue, knucklehead who largely marched by the beat of his own drum at times played a major role in both of them (vernon maxwell).

HOU-TEX
09-15-2009, 09:22 AM
And who would we bench him for? A rookie? We've already seen a simple coverage blown. Imagine what we'd see for an entire game.

Who cares what he's got on his shoes? Was it ignorant? Absolutely, but I could care less about crap on a dude's shoe. Play football!

steelbtexan
09-15-2009, 09:33 AM

Unfortunately I agree with you.

If Dunta is the best they've got their in trouble.

IMO

steelbtexan
09-15-2009, 09:43 AM

There's a great leader of men.

What a load of crap.

Every year it's the same thing

1. Get their butts kicked at the begining of the year.
2. Beat the middle of the pack teams in the middle of the year.
3. Beat 1-2 teams that are going to the playoffs and are resting their regulars at the end of the year.
4. Finish 8-8 get a middle of the pack 1st rd draft pick.
5. Wash-Rinse-Repeat

eriadoc
09-15-2009, 09:48 AM
The ironic thing about all this disdain for Dunta is that the only major sport championships this city has ever won, A rogue, knucklehead who largely marched by the beat of his own drum at times played a major role in both of them (vernon maxwell).

Funny, the part I remember him playing best was getting exiled from the team - sent home. Knuckleheads can play a part, but once they cross that line, something has to be done. Rudy T. did something. Kubiak will not.

steelbtexan
09-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Funny, the part I remember him playing best was getting exiled from the team - sent home. Knuckleheads can play a part, but once they cross that line, something has to be done. Rudy T. did something. Kubiak will not.

That's because Rudy T. was a leader

Kubes not so much

HoustonFrog
09-15-2009, 10:23 AM
& many of you wonder why we're soft....Judging by this thread, our players can't say or do anything that's not in line with the front office so he needs to be traded, sat or released b/c he's selfish & it might ruin team chemistry. We need that nice "team guy" who obeys the FO, does & says all the right things at the right times & wouldn't dare go against them. Yeah, there are lots of those guys out on the street we can pick up, Who knows we might be able to bring back matt stevens & maybe Vontez Duff is still looking to get back into the league! Give me a break...

If our team's is so fragile as to be "bothered" by this little crap (as compared to TO's shenanigans over the last 5 years), we shouldn't even show up and play b/c we're gonna get hammered every week.

There is a difference when you have knuckleheads mixed in with leaders on a good team. Another when you have idiots who say and do stupid stuff on losing franchises who are having contract issues with multiple players....during a recession. I never excuse stupidity. Adding "crazy" to established teams or with guys that can damper it is one thing but that isn't the case here.

ChampionTexan
09-15-2009, 10:27 AM
I heard somebody make a comment on one of the radio shows yesterday (Pallilo?) that we should send a message and bench/cut him - even if it makes the team worse.

Sorry, but that person (nobody on this board I'm sure) is clueless. Maybe you could argue that the message would make our team better, and if you believe that, you'd have some justification for the aforementioned benching/cutting, but if you're taking a stand on principal, and are conceding that stand decreases the chances of your team succeeding, then it's a crappy principal, and you're a waste of space on this planet.

eriadoc
09-15-2009, 10:54 AM
I heard somebody make a comment on one of the radio shows yesterday (Pallilo?) that we should send a message and bench/cut him - even if it makes the team worse.

Sorry, but that person (nobody on this board I'm sure) is clueless. Maybe you could argue that the message would make our team better, and if you believe that, you'd have some justification for the aforementioned benching/cutting, but if you're taking a stand on principal, and are conceding that stand decreases the chances of your team succeeding, then it's a crappy principal, and you're a waste of space on this planet.

I think that "Keyshawning" him would send a message that would make this team better in the long run. It would definitely hurt the team short-term, but it would show that management is not soft, and selfishness need not apply. And that is why it won't happen.

Mr teX
09-15-2009, 11:02 AM

Why does everyone think that if we get some strict disciplinarian or fire breathing dragon in here as coach, then magically we're gonna get tough & everything's gonna be okay? In no way am i defending kubiak, but this assertion that all we need is a coach with "fire in his belly" doesn't add up 1 bit. there are just as many successful coaches who are reserved and get results as there are guys who chew you out & it doesn't amount to squat.

Last i checked, Kubes wasn't out there getting slapped around like a rag doll or getting tackled by artificial turf. & yet here we are with one of the only player on our team who is tough & we're trying to run him off b/c of a message he wrote on his shoe...Unbelievable.

leebigeztx
09-15-2009, 11:06 AM
I always get into this on the clutchfans site when talking about pro players. Every player plays to take care of their family. They make a lot of money for a short period of time. After they finish, they have a shorter life span and their bodies have taken a lot of punishment that you and I can't imagine. He's right, they do play to get paid and compete, but don't ever think its just about the money or the game. Just as you go to work to get paid and feed the fam, pro players are the same. Loving the game or your job makes it a lot easier, but its not a requirement. He's a good corner that is 1 week after a holdout. Mccain blew a coverage and ferguson couldn't cover keller. He is the best the team has and is a top 10 corner. He may be 7-10 but he's top 10. If he ever played with a team that could get good pressure, he would be regarded higher.

eriadoc
09-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Why does everyone think that if we get some strict disciplinarian or fire breathing dragon in here as coach, then magically we're gonna get tough & everything's gonna be okay? In no way am i defending kubiak, but this assertion that all we need is a coach with "fire in his belly" doesn't add up 1 bit. there are just as many successful coaches who are reserved and get results as there are guys who chew you out & it doesn't amount to squat.

Last i checked, Kubes wasn't out there getting slapped around like a rag doll or getting tackled by artificial turf. & yet here we are with one of the only player on our team who is tough & we're trying to run him off b/c of a message he wrote on his shoe...Unbelievable.

I am not one asserting that Kubiak needs to be a fire breather. What he does behind closed doors is between him and the players. But it's obvious that what he's doing behind closed doors is not working. And when you have a discipline case, you don't need to come out in the media and say anything. But there ought to be a fine, a benching ... something to let the team know that attitudes like that won't be tolerated.

Why do you keep overlooking his attitude of selfishness? That's not helping the team.

eriadoc
09-15-2009, 11:08 AM
I always get into this on the clutchfans site when talking about pro players. Every player plays to take care of their family. They make a lot of money for a short period of time. After they finish, they have a shorter life span and their bodies have taken a lot of punishment that you and I can't imagine. He's right, they do play to get paid and compete, but don't ever think its just about the money or the game. Just as you go to work to get paid and feed the fam, pro players are the same. Loving the game or your job makes it a lot easier, but its not a requirement. He's a good corner that is 1 week after a holdout. Mccain blew a coverage and ferguson couldn't cover keller. He is the best the team has and is a top 10 corner. He may be 7-10 but he's top 10. If he ever played with a team that could get good pressure, he would be regarded higher.

Dude's made enough to take care of his family many times over. The average poster on this board won't make ten million accumulated in the lifetime. Dunta's making it in one year, atop the first round contract he just finished out. If he never plays another down in his life, he'll be able to take care of his family.

Players don't get paid to show up. They get paid for results.

Mr teX
09-15-2009, 11:37 AM
I am not one asserting that Kubiak needs to be a fire breather. What he does behind closed doors is between him and the players. But it's obvious that what he's doing behind closed doors is not working. And when you have a discipline case, you don't need to come out in the media and say anything. But there ought to be a fine, a benching ... something to let the team know that attitudes like that won't be tolerated.

Why do you keep overlooking his attitude of selfishness? That's not helping the team.

maybe because i don't see his selfishness transitioning on the field. Maybe because his teammates haven't come out and basted him. Maybe because on a scale of 1 - 10 this is a 2 as compared to other teams who've dealt with way more.

The reality of it is, If this were STRICTLY about his performance last week there wouldn't be much to say because for 1, he didn't even play that much, at least in the 1st half anyway. He wasn't spectacular, but he wasn't "crap" as some have said either. Especially for someone who wasn't in TC & didn't play a down in preseason & for a team that can't generate pressure to save thier lives.

As i've said earlier in this thread..

yeah he missed tackles, what defensive player doesn't throughout the course of a game?

Yeah, he got a couple of passes caught on him, again what CB doesn't? Watching SD & Oakland last night, Asomagua got burned for a TD by Jackson. Does that mean he's still not one of the best in the game? Last year when we played Oakland, AJ caught 2 whole passes against him as well. The offense wins sometimes.

HoustonFrog
09-15-2009, 11:47 AM
maybe because i don't see his selfishness transitioning on the field. Maybe because his teammates haven't come out and basted him. Maybe because on a scale of 1 - 10 this is a 2 as compared to other teams who've dealt with way more.

The reality of it is, If this were STRICTLY about his performance last week there wouldn't be much to say because for 1, he didn't even play that much, at least in the 1st half anyway. He wasn't spectacular, but he wasn't "crap" as some have said either. Especially for someone who wasn't in TC & didn't play a down in preseason & for a team that can't generate pressure to save thier lives.

As i've said earlier in this thread..

yeah he missed tackles, what defensive player doesn't throughout the course of a game?

Yeah, he got a couple of passes caught on him, again what CB doesn't? Watching SD & Oakland last night, Asomagua got burned for a TD by Jackson. Does that mean he's still not one of the best in the game? Last year when we played Oakland, AJ caught 2 whole passes against him as well. The offense wins sometimes.

Schaub was quoted as saying it bothered him.

Here is how it adds up. This was considered the most important season in the franchises history. Playoff aspirations that some saw as tangible. You have early home games to start compared to last years Hurricane debacle. You are starting at home vs a rookie QB. And what does one of your star players get out of the whole thing...."Pay Me Rick" and quotes on playing to get paid. AND you get waxed. And somehow that all jives with some?To me that is the problem right there. Why accept it and make excuses for it. He was the guy claiming he should get paid like an unexpendable player. Then play like one and shut your piehole. I liked when the guy called out Carr because at the time he was laying out for the team. Now he is just coasting to a contract. Not quite the mindset of a player wanting championships for the city.

Mr teX
09-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Schaub was quoted as saying it bothered him.

Here is how it adds up. This was considered the most important season in the franchises history. Playoff aspirations that some saw as tangible. You have early home games to start compared to last years Hurricane debacle. You are starting at home vs a rookie QB. And what does one of your star players get out of the whole thing...."Pay Me Rick" and quotes on playing to get paid. AND you get waxed. And somehow that all jives with some?To me that is the problem right there. Why accept it and make excuses for it. He was the guy claiming he should get paid like an unexpendable player. Then play like one and shut your piehole. I liked when the guy called out Carr because at the time he was laying out for the team. Now he is just coasting to a contract. Not quite the mindset of a player wanting championships for the city.

Schaub's just 1 guy on a team of 53. At least the Defense held for a quater, with the way the offense played this sunday, he needs to just shut his mouth & try to get images of Chris Jenkins & Bart Scott out of his for the next game.

& All those expectactions fall on him & only him right? Come on man, there are 78907660 things that you can point to as to why the team went out & laid an egg sunday before you critcize how he himself played or his comments after the game.

leebigeztx
09-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Dude's made enough to take care of his family many times over. The average poster on this board won't make ten million accumulated in the lifetime. Dunta's making it in one year, atop the first round contract he just finished out. If he never plays another down in his life, he'll be able to take care of his family.

Players don't get paid to show up. They get paid for results.

All i'm saying is the "game" is more business than a game. Go ask earl campbell.

Guys play pro football to get paid and to compete. We can say he's made enough money, but how much is enough to make sure you have generational wealth? This is a barbaric sport that have train wrecks every play. There isn't a guy playing now that would play for a teachers salary, its not worth it. I think he couldve chosen his words more carefully, but I like guys being honset and saying what everyone is thinking. If you wanted to send a message to dunte, you draft a guy at his spot or sign one.

HoustonFrog
09-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Schaub's just 1 guy on a team of 53. At least the Defense held for a quater, with the way the offense played this sunday, he needs to just shut his mouth & try to get images of Chris Jenkins & Bart Scott out of his for the next game.

& All those expectactions fall on him & only him right? Come on man, there are 78907660 things that you can point to as to why the team went out & laid an egg sunday before you critcize how he himself played or his comments after the game.

I really don't get your point. What exactly are you defending?What was there not to understand about my post? EVERY players focus should be on 1)Winning; 2) Winning and 3) Winning. When your message is "pay me" DURING a game and "its all about the cash" after a game and you are one of the teams featured players then there is concern on where is the focus. I'm not sure what is so hard about that. Many players laid eggs but those many aren't claiming to be a cornerstone/franchise DB who wants to get paid. Maybe if he was thinking game he could have helped a little more. Not the way to start a "playoff season."

Porky
09-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Porky?!?! Is that you???? Cute girl on the avatar but that really threw me off.

Thanks, that's Eve. I'm trying very hard to make her my girlfriend! Got a date with her Saturday. I had to change from the flying pig at some point!

eriadoc
09-15-2009, 12:39 PM
EVERY players focus should be on 1)Winning; 2) Winning and 3) Winning.

Rep. Dunta's focus is not on winning, and that is all that matters to fans. Most of us aren't blind enough to defend that.

Mr teX
09-15-2009, 12:45 PM
I really don't get your point. What exactly are you defending?What was there not to understand about my post? EVERY players focus should be on 1)Winning; 2) Winning and 3) Winning. When your message is "pay me" DURING a game and "its all about the cash" after a game and you are one of the teams featured players then there is concern on where is the focus. I'm not sure what is so hard about that. Many players laid eggs but those many aren't claiming to be a cornerstone/franchise DB who wants to get paid. Maybe if he was thinking game he could have helped a little more. Not the way to start a "playoff season."

The point is that this thread is ridiculous. Folks wanting to bench/trade our best CB from an already weak secondary for personal reasons & then trying to cloak those reasons with talk about his play.

This thread was just more about trying to find more personal reasons to pile on him. Instead of starting a "bench Ferguson" or "bench Bennett" thread, you know the real bums of the secondary, we get this b/c of a little message on his shoes.

Porky
09-15-2009, 12:57 PM
All i'm saying is the "game" is more business than a game. Go ask earl campbell.

Guys play pro football to get paid and to compete. We can say he's made enough money, but how much is enough to make sure you have generational wealth? This is a barbaric sport that have train wrecks every play. There isn't a guy playing now that would play for a teachers salary, its not worth it. I think he couldve chosen his words more carefully, but I like guys being honset and saying what everyone is thinking. If you wanted to send a message to dunte, you draft a guy at his spot or sign one.

There are professions more dangerous than football. For sport, try rodeo. Take in some bull riding. How about a rodeo clown. They could get mauled at any point. Miner, firemen, police, etc. Dunta needs to get his ass to WV and chip away in a mine for the next 20 years to try and eek out enough to put some food on the table for his family and then get black lung disease before he starts spouting off on things he doesn't know about. How many pro football players have been killed in the line of duty? Ummm, zero as far as I know. Hell it's more dangerous for him to drive to the damn stadium. Give me a freaking break. If he doesn't want the aches and pains and broken bones, go grab a shovel and work for a living and quit your damn whining about feeding your family. I'm ready to call a whaaambulance.

Shit, I'm fed up with these overpaid primadonna's. I'm already watching much less sports than I used to and I'm getting closer to just calling it quits on all these overpaid whiny losers. :devilpig:

Porky
09-15-2009, 01:00 PM
The point is that this thread is ridiculous. Folks wanting to bench/trade our best CB from an already weak secondary for personal reasons & then trying to cloak those reasons with talk about his play.

This thread was just more about trying to find more personal reasons to pile on him. Instead of starting a "bench Ferguson" or "bench Bennett" thread, you know the real bums of the secondary, we get this b/c of a little message on his shoes.

The message on his shoes tells me exactly what his mindset and attitude is. He has a chip on his shoulder and instead of focusing that energy on his opponent, he whines like a little crybaby wussy about Rick Smith. Unless Rick Smith was wearing green on Sunday his priorities are in the wrong place. Quit sticking up for the little crybaby whiny sissy already.

ubecool454
09-15-2009, 01:04 PM

We can bench him but it would be a stupid move. What do Dunta, OD and Demeco have in common other than wanted long term contracts? The answer is they all saw the money they paid a lower than Average DE named Antonio Smith.

Mr teX
09-15-2009, 01:06 PM
The message on his shoes tells me exactly what his mindset and attitude is. He has a chip on his shoulder and instead of focusing that energy on his opponent, he whines like a little crybaby wussy about Rick Smith. Unless Rick Smith was wearing green on Sunday his priorities are in the wrong place. Quit sticking up for the little crybaby whiny sissy already.

It tells u nothing except what it literally said...you inferred everything else, especially when you don't have anything on the field to base that off of. When you guys get over gettting your feelings hurt, you'll be ok.

HoustonFrog
09-15-2009, 01:21 PM
It tells u nothing except what it literally said...you inferred everything else, especially when you don't have anything on the field to base that off of. When you guys get over gettting your feelings hurt, you'll be ok.

He is right though. I'll tell you what people base it off:

Message on cleats + same message and smile after a humiliating loss = message in guys head

How hard is that?

When you get over missing the blinding billboard that says "Dunta Mind on Money, Not Winning" than maybe you'll catch the proverbial clue. Maybe this quote will help.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/justice/texans/6617303.html

"It's just a little reminder for myself what I'm playing for,” he said. “It's a reminder that this is what we're here for.”

leebigeztx
09-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Porky, I'm not saying I agree, i'm just saying anyone can be a coalminer. Anyone can be a cop, any can be a firefighter. There isn't 1% that can do what dunte can do. The more talent or the more unique the talent, the more you get paid.

I think it was in poor taste, but I don't think it changes his commitment to football. You don't wake up, fight traffic,and eat out at lunch because u like ur job. His job is football. I know it doesn't sound fair, but just like I don't watch baseball anymore, its your choice.

Porky
09-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Porky, I'm not saying I agree, i'm just saying anyone can be a coalminer. Anyone can be a cop, any can be a firefighter. There isn't 1% that can do what dunte can do. The more talent or the more unique the talent, the more you get paid.

I think it was in poor taste, but I don't think it changes his commitment to football. You don't wake up, fight traffic,and eat out at lunch because u like ur job. His job is football. I know it doesn't sound fair, but just like I don't watch baseball anymore, its your choice.

I don't think anyone can be a firefighter or a cop. It takes a certain physical specimen and someone with some pretty special intestinal fortitude, but I do understand your overall point. I actually quietly supported Dunta to a certain extent this offseason. I thought thier offer (if true) was fair, but I was like this is business, and he'll handle the biz part of this, and it's just the nature of the business side of the game and whatever the outcome then he'll be 100% devoted to helping this team win.

Now, they franchised him for the 10 mil. That means for this year the business is done. But he isn't acting like it is done. He wants to continue to pick at this wound to keep it festering. He said he was over it. Bullshit. He is bitter for whatever reason. He's gone from one of my top 3 players on this team to my least favorite in one offseason. And really, 90% of that "drop" came after I saw the shoes and then his comments after the game.

Congrats Dunta. That's a very remarkable and hard achievement in such a short time. :voodoo:

Mr teX
09-15-2009, 03:01 PM
He is right though. I'll tell you what people base it off:

Message on cleats + same message and smile after a humiliating loss = message in guys head

How hard is that?

When you get over missing the blinding billboard that says "Dunta Mind on Money, Not Winning" than maybe you'll catch the proverbial clue. Maybe this quote will help.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/justice/texans/6617303.html

Summing up what vinny said, there's no tangible evidence from his play on the field that suggests his focus is anywhere but on winning & trying to be the best cb. when i see him dogging it or pulling that stuff brandon marshall did in the preseason on the field, then I'll hop on the get-rid-of-Dunta bandwagon. Until then, this like so much of the other crap lately, is just speculuation by disgruntled fans.

Vinny
09-15-2009, 03:03 PM
Summing up what vinny said, there's no tangible evidence from his play on the field that suggests his focus is anywhere but on winning & trying to be the best cb. when i see him dogging it or pulling that stuff brandon marshall did in the preseason, then I'll hop on the get-rid-of-Dunta bandwagon. Until then, this like so much of the other crap lately, is just speculuation.
someone asked him about the shoes and he just smiled a little sheepishly and elaborated. He already apologized for it but the fans won't let it go...I guess this is what happens when you are a perpetual loser. Welcome to Bengalfanland, now known as Texanfanland.

HoustonFrog
09-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Summing up what vinny said, there's no tangible evidence from his play on the field that suggests his focus is anywhere but on winning & trying to be the best cb. when i see him dogging it or pulling that stuff brandon marshall did in the preseason on the field, then I'll hop on the get-rid-of-Dunta bandwagon. Until then, this like so much of the other crap lately, is just speculuation by disgruntled fans.

I didn't say he had to be cut. Just that he sent the wrong message and that Texans should send one of their own, even if it was for a game. At least fine the guy and announce that that crap doesn't fly. Honestly, is the secondary going to get any more torched?There were guys that played in camp. How much worse can 27-3 be? I mean his idea of "funny" would be like me walking into work with "Go To Hell 'General Counsel'" on my shirt and then telling work that I was overbilling clients for the month because it is "all about the money here." Hahaha...just joking guys.

Mr teX
09-15-2009, 03:28 PM
I didn't say he had to be cut. Just that he sent the wrong message and that Texans should send one of their own, even if it was for a game. At least fine the guy and announce that that crap doesn't fly. Honestly, is the secondary going to get any more torched?There were guys that played in camp. How much worse can 27-3 be? I mean his idea of "funny" would be like me walking into work with "Go To Hell 'General Counsel'" on my shirt and then telling work that I was overbilling clients for the month because it is "all about the money here." Hahaha...just joking guys.

look, i'm just as peeved as the next man about my home squad getting their ass handed to them by a rookie head coach and qb. & his post game interview didn't do anything to lessen that anger either. But i also understand that winning cures all ills & honestly, if he and every other player on the team have to write "F. U. mr. tex" on their cleats to get them going in the right direction i say have at.

Dan B.
09-15-2009, 03:36 PM
look, i'm just as peeved as the next man about my home squad getting their ass handed to them by a rookie head coach and qb. & his post game interview didn't do anything to lessen that anger either. But i also understand that winning cures all ills & honestly, if he and every other player on the team have to write "F. U. mr. tex" on their cleats to get them going in the right direction i say have at.

I don't really care if someone uses criticism as a motivation. But part of being an athlete is being a public spokesman. You have to know the boring cliche quotes to give to the press, and you have to use them. If you don't, you will be run out of whatever town you are in. I don't care who you are. You also have to play well enough to earn the right to say such things.

I think Bull Durham (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094812/quotes) applies quite nicely. Crash Davis was a prophet:

Crash Davis: Your shower shoes have fungus on them. You'll never make it to the bigs with fungus on your shower shoes. Think classy, you'll be classy. If you win 20 in the show, you can let the fungus grow back and the press'll think you're colorful. Until you win 20 in the show, however, it means you are a slob.

Crash Davis: It's time to work on your interviews.
Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: My interviews? What do I gotta do?
Crash Davis: You're gonna have to learn your clichés. You're gonna have to study them, you're gonna have to know them. They're your friends. Write this down: "We gotta play it one day at a time."
Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: Got to play... it's pretty boring.
Crash Davis: 'Course it's boring, that's the point. Write it down.

Mr. White
09-15-2009, 04:18 PM
The shoes don't bother me one bit. The guy was just making light of the situation.

I know a lot of us hate to hear it, but these guys aren't playing because they love the game or love the fans. They're all playing for checks.

CloakNNNdagger
09-15-2009, 04:49 PM
No changes are needed. If we close our eyes and we all pray hard enough, things will turn out just peachy. Gary and Dunta watching the 2009 playoffs from a far away land.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/245828/two-dogs-hugging-771235_medium.jpg

ObsiWan
09-15-2009, 05:36 PM

Oh the folks who are philosophically angry that Dunta didn't come to T/C would still be angry. Nothing will change their minds and this little stunt just gave them more ammo to use against him.

And those who think these guys would play for free or "just the love of the game" are delusional. They ALL play for their checks. Like someone else said, the rest of the guys are simply smart enough not to let that cat out of the bag.

HoustonFrog
09-15-2009, 06:25 PM
Oh the folks who are philosophically angry that Dunta didn't come to R/C would still be angry. Nothing will change their minds and this little stunt just gave them more ammo to use against him.

And those who think these guys would play for free or "just the love of the game" are delusional. They ALL play for their checks. Like someone else said, the rest of the guys are simply smart enough not to let that cat out of the bag.

Disagree. I think some guys do love playing and want to win championships...the money just happens to be a massive perk

As far as Dunta, I'm just amazed at some of the reaction. It wasn't like he wrote it on tape, he had shoes made with the message in them. That is one elaborate "joke." Even if he was joking, is it the time or place. Isn't contract stuff private with teams and players. So the guy gets his 10 mil and then bitches. And the quote above that I posted is acceptable?No being upset about the Jets game or writing "playoffs" on his shoes. I find all this comical because if this was a guy that played for the team in North Texas he would be crucified as TO like...but here it is all a joke and leave the poor guy alone. At least I found some sanity on 1560 in the afternoon where they think it is pretty bush league. I agree with what they said...it isn't so much writing something on the shoe as the message you are sending about your priorities to the team. You show up the Monday before not in complete game shape, you get your tail beat after being just given your job back and your main concern is getting paid....how fresh:gun: He went from a fave of mine to just another punk with excuses. If Parcells or Jimmy Johnson or any coach like that was the coach wouldhe have done it?Therein lies a bigger issue

ObsiWan
09-15-2009, 06:53 PM
Disagree. I think some guys do love playing and want to win championships...the money just happens to be a massive perk

As far as Dunta, I'm just amazed at some of the reaction. It wasn't like he wrote it on tape, he had shoes made with the message in them. That is one elaborate "joke." Even if he was joking, is it the time or place. Isn't contract stuff private with teams and players. So the guy gets his 10 mil and then bitches. And the quote above that I posted is acceptable?No being upset about the Jets game or writing "playoffs" on his shoes. I find all this comical because if this was a guy that played for the team in North Texas he would be crucified as TO like...but here it is all a joke and leave the poor guy alone. At least I found some sanity on 1560 in the afternoon where they think it is pretty bush league. I agree with what they said...it isn't so much writing something on the shoe as the message you are sending about your priorities to the team. You show up the Monday before not in complete game shape, you get your tail beat after being just given your job back and your main concern is getting paid....how fresh:gun: He went from a fave of mine to just another punk with excuses. If Parcells or Jimmy Johnson or any coach like that was the coach wouldhe have done it?Therein lies a bigger issue

So Owen Daniels and DeMeco Ryans are punks too?
They held out - as long as they dared - to let it be known they wanted to get paid too.
Dunta was unemployed. He didn't have to show up to camp, since, technically, he didn't have a job until he signed.
Those guys are under contract - they had to show up or get fined. Don't think because they came to camp that they're some sort of saints. They want to get paid just like all the rest.

Now the shoe thing was stupid. Dunta should get fined for "conduct detrimental to the team" or whatever the right phrase is. But it would really be a "don't be a dumba$$ again" or "get your freekin mind right" fine.

And that request for that fine should come from McNair. The bossman should show the fans and the team and the coaches that he means business this season. And he could start it right here.

HoustonFrog
09-15-2009, 07:14 PM
So Owen Daniels and DeMeco Ryans are punks too?
They held out - as long as they dared - to let it be known they wanted to get paid too.
Dunta was unemployed. He didn't have to show up to camp, since, technically, he didn't have a job until he signed.
Those guys are under contract - they had to show up or get fined. Don't think because they came to camp that they're some sort of saints. They want to get paid just like all the rest.

Now the shoe thing was stupid. Dunta should get fined for "conduct detrimental to the team" or whatever the right phrase is. But it would really be a "don't be a dumba$$ again" or "get your freekin mind right" fine.

And that request for that fine should come from McNair. The bossman should show the fans and the team and the coaches that he means business this season. And he could start it right here.

Right and that is really my main contention. Send the message and move on. If he shuts it from now on and plays hard nosed, etc to earn 10 mil and a new contract wherever...then there is nothing to complain about

Mr teX
09-16-2009, 08:26 AM
I don't think anyone takes it as a joke H-frog...I just think that some of us don't think its as big a deal as others. after watching that game where there were so many other things to complain about, him getting fined for voicing his already known displeasure with the front office is the least of my concerns.

My only contention with what u and others are saying is that I don't think it's completely accurate to question his focus on winning. Everyone in that locker room knows how dunta feels about losing, eric winston said as much on his radio show yesterday. That, coupled with the reckless way dunta plays the game speaks volumes about what he wants to do when he's out there......and that's win.

Pantherstang84
09-16-2009, 08:46 AM
I don't really care if someone uses criticism as a motivation. But part of being an athlete is being a public spokesman. You have to know the boring cliche quotes to give to the press, and you have to use them. If you don't, you will be run out of whatever town you are in. I don't care who you are. You also have to play well enough to earn the right to say such things.

I think Bull Durham (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094812/quotes) applies quite nicely. Crash Davis was a prophet:

One of my favorite movies. FWIW,

Runner
09-16-2009, 09:30 AM
If the Texans want to remain a pretty franchise, they should bench Dunta to send that message.

If the Texans want to hold their players accountable for uninspired and bad play, they should hold some starters out for a series or two and send that message.

If everything is going OK, they shouldn't change anything and send that message.

HoustonFrog
09-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Just to add..this is what Rodeny Harrison said...and I agree

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6620963.html

Rodney Harrison, the Hall of Fame-bound safety now with NBC, said Robinson's move and teammates' reaction are signs the Texans lack winning leadership.

“You pay somebody the kind of money he is getting as a franchise player, he needs to be a leader, and leaders lead in good times and bad,” Harrison said. “Yeah, he's upset that they tagged him and maybe lied to him about that, but that's done now. Now it's time to go out and play football.

“It's not funny. If I was in that locker room, I would have approached him like a man and said, ‘Look man, there's a way of handling things, and this is not very professional. You're going to play with me, you're going to be a professional.' ”

Then, it seemed to dawn on Harrison that Robinson plays for the Texans. Yeah, those diseased Texans who failed to score an offensive touchdown in the opener.

“Man, we're talking a perennial loser, not a playoff team,” he said. “They don't need a player parading in the media about anything, really. It's a team that right now is underachieving. I think they have a lot of talent, but they're underachievers.

“They gotta create an atmosphere where winning is expected and winning is all that those 53 men on the roster are about. It's not about a guy or two getting paid, it's about winning. And that starts with the team leaders. My motto is ‘shut up and go play.' 

Mr teX
09-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Just to add..this is what Rodeny Harrison said...and I agree

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6620963.html

that would hold a lot more weight if he wasn't regarded as a dirty player & PED user.

Vinny
09-16-2009, 12:53 PM
that would hold a lot more weight if he wasn't regarded as a dirty player & PED user.
He was a stud on the field and is pretty darn credible when it comes to leading a defense.

Mr teX
09-16-2009, 01:00 PM
He was a stud on the field and is pretty darn credible when it comes to leading a defense.

He wasn't a leader, just a nice cog in the machinery that is the belichick led NE patriots. It's easy to have that motto when you've got other leaders on the team...Can't stand that dude.

HoustonFrog
09-16-2009, 01:03 PM

I think he carries alot of weight despite those things since he happened to play on consistent championship teams and saw leadership and what it took to win. He kicked tail on the field. He was a leader.

http://www.masslive.com/sports/index.ssf/2009/08/patriots_safety_james_sanders.html

Sanders said he can't be Harrison, whose locker room presence and outsized personality made him one of the team's unquestioned leaders.

"No one can be Rodney Harrison ... there's only one Rodney Harrison," Sanders said. "He gave this league 15 great years."

Hardcore Texan
09-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Just read on twitter from BRB that Dunta was fined by Rick Smith and the NFL could be next.

I knew that was coming.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6621961.html

Silver Oak
09-16-2009, 04:23 PM
Just read on twitter from BRB that Dunta was fined by Rick Smith and the NFL could be next.

I knew that was coming.

since it's just a business to Dunta, I'm gonna treat him as a poorly performing employee and boo him heartliy whenever I hear his name.

nothing personal....just exercising my right as a season ticket holder Dunta.

JDizzle
09-16-2009, 04:30 PM

I knew that was coming.

It's against NFL policy so it's not much of a surprise. Jake Plummer got fined by the NFL, or he was threatened with a fine, for wearing Pat Tillman's number on his shoes.

barrett
09-16-2009, 05:21 PM
DID U SEE THE SHOES?

god who cares?!

blitz90
09-16-2009, 05:30 PM
Here are the shoes:
http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/paymerick.jpg

Kubiak should have "Shut the F up and play!" embroidered on the back of his shirt.

barrett
09-16-2009, 05:45 PM
in the same font size then.

snooze-o-rama.

couldn't care less.

COULD NOT CARE LESS!

DocBar
09-16-2009, 06:26 PM
After a few days of cooling off and rewatching the game, I lay this loss squarely at the coaches feet. DROB showed his ass, but I'm over it. The crap on his shoes didn't cause the O to get less than 200 net yds. Poor playing and coaching did. It didn't give up 56% on 3rd down, either. Poor taste and lack of judgement shouldn't ( in this case) keep a player off the field. McNair is paying the man $10 mil whether he plays or not. If we've got someone better, then play that person. If not, play DROB and let him build his resume to the best of his abilities. That way, he can earn his money now, get paid in the future and maybe we can get our money's worth for 15 games.

HouSportsWriter
09-16-2009, 07:35 PM
FROM chron.com

link....http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6621961.html

it was during the game his left shoe said pay me.... right said rick

you cant help to laugh i think we should trade him now haha

i duno if this is posted yet so anyways injoy:spit:

Andrew6
09-16-2009, 07:38 PM
FROM chron.com

link....http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6621961.html

it was during the game his left shoe said pay me.... right said rick

you cant help to laugh i think we should trade him now haha

i duno if this is posted yet so anyways injoy:spit:

Verbage is way better. Great job and keep up the good work.

Wolf
09-16-2009, 07:45 PM
Jerry Maguire- Alright here's why you don't have your ten million yet. Right now, you are a paycheck player. You play with your head, not your heart. In your personal life - (points to chest) Heart. But when you get on that field -- it's all about what you didn't get, who's to blame, who underthrew the pass, who's got the contract you don't, who's not giving you your love. Well, that is not what inspires people. That's not what inspires people. Shut up. Play the game. Play it from your heart. And you know what? I will show you the "kwan." I'm sorry, but that's the truth. Can you handle it? Just a question Rod. Between friends. YOU KNOW?

:whistle: (to an extent)

Carr Bombed
09-16-2009, 08:25 PM
He wasn't a leader, just a nice cog in the machinery that is the belichick led NE patriots. It's easy to have that motto when you've got other leaders on the team...Can't stand that dude.

What are you talking about...

Harrison was one of the main leaders on that team when he got there, I think he was a captain every year he was there. (and that's voted on by his teammates)

Let's see....

HOF career...

Check

One of the best players at his position for over a decade...

Check

A SB champion who played on the team of the decade, so he knows ALL ABOUT "WINNING ATMOSHPERE"...

Check

Yeah, I think it's safe to say Harrison knows of what the hell he speaks of. :rolleyes:

Also you act like being a "dirty player" is a bad thing....Harrison probably takes that as a compliment. Gee, I wish rival fans would talk about how dirty our star safety is......oh wait, we don't have one. They are talking about our toughness though...or lack of it.

DocBar
09-16-2009, 08:49 PM
As far as leadership on the team, Demeco Ryans is quite fond of calling this "his defense". I wonder if he spoke up about DROB and his shoes. Did he get in teammates faces, on both sides of the ball, and question what they're made of? Or Mario Williams, for that matter? IMO, we need someone to be vocal in the locker room and hold people accountable. AJ does it by example, but speaks up when he feels the need. That's ok, but sometimes I wish we had a Hindes Ward or Ray Lewis type player to get his teammates fired up and emotional. Maybe that's a character flaw with all the character guys we have on the team. The only bona fide badasses we've ever had were just bad locker room guys. Maybe we should pick the best SS with the meanest attitude next year. Who's going to be that emotional leader who won't tolerate sloppy play or whining during the season? The elite teams in htis league all have one. I doubt we'll be winners until we get one.

kbourda
09-16-2009, 09:20 PM
This is my first post in a while, so here I go. I'm glad Dunta was fined. Now let's see how fired up we can get to get every person in the Houston Texans franchise to return their game checks for that sorry ass opening day performance to hard working Houstonians. I can't believe how so many people are in an uproar behind one player with a pointless message. If the franchise had a set they would have cut his ass after the game Sunday.

ObsiWan
09-16-2009, 10:21 PM
What are you talking about...

Harrison was one of the main leaders on that team when he got there, I think he was a captain every year he was there. (and that's voted on by his teammates)

Let's see....

HOF career...

Check

One of the best players at his position for over a decade...

Check

A SB champion who played on the team of the decade, so he knows ALL ABOUT "WINNING ATMOSHPERE"...

Check

Yeah, I think it's safe to say Harrison knows of what the hell he speaks of. :rolleyes:

Also you act like being a "dirty player" is a bad thing....Harrison probably takes that as a compliment. Gee, I wish rival fans would talk about how dirty our star safety is......oh wait, we don't have one. They are talking about our toughness though...or lack of it.

Thank you; you saved me some keystrokes.

HoustonFrog
09-17-2009, 10:20 AM
Article on Fine

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4480393

Dunta Robinson's contract message on his shoe in Sunday's season opener cost him $25,000.

During Sunday's 24-7 loss to the Jets, the Houston Texans cornerback wore shoes with the words "Pay me Rick" written on them, in reference to general manager Rick Smith. On Wednesday, Robinson was fined by the team for his actions.
"I got here today, and it was in my locker," Robinson told reporters, referring to the letter notifying him of the fine. "I knew it was coming. I talked to Rick [on Monday], and he said he was going to fine me, so there's nothing to be surprised about.

"It was over a long time ago. I've moved on. Me and Rick don't have a problem. I'm focused on Tennessee [this Sunday]."

Smith explained the team's reasoning for the fine, although coach Gary Kubiak had said Monday that Robinson didn't face a suspension or fine.

"When he reported to sign his contract, I explained to him how important it was that he not let his contract status become a distraction," Smith said, according to the Houston Chronicle. "He assured me he would do that.

"That's not the message we want to send. I explained that to him Monday. I let him know that clearly he didn't get the message when we talked the week before, and we were not pleased with it, and we were going to fine him and that we expected that his behavior be more reflective of our team philosophy and what we believe in."
Texans owner Bob McNair said the team doesn't need any distractions.

"Anybody that's being a distraction is not helping our team," he said when asked about Robinson. "That's the message and that's what the coaches have told them and that's what Rick has told them. It's time to be a professional and go out and do your job."

GP
09-17-2009, 10:21 AM
In a perfect world, he would have been fined $9.9 million.

But hey, a guy's gotta' eat and have some spare coin.

El Tejano
09-17-2009, 10:31 AM
I have this thought that Dunta just "joked" his way out of that big contract he's looking for. Match his stats up to this:

Disgruntled about being franchised
Sat out entire TC
Demonstrated a protest
Fined for being detrimental to the team

Now granted the way things have gone for Denver this offseason with "detrimental" players, teams may be hesitant to put so much money in such players. The only other way they would is if the player is a mega player. However when you add the injury on top of the above mentioned things, Dunta's perception really goes down.

GP
09-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Referencing the excerpt that Frog provided:

1. Clearly it was a public relations and team relations disaster to keep Dunta.

2. We can't trust what Dunta says, because Dunta says one thing ("Oh, I'm cool and ready to go for the season") and then runs out and pulls a Chad Johnson stunt on opening weekend. In our own stadium.

3. I think the Dunta distraction all summer has contributed to the issues this team has. Historically, we open poorly in the first four games each year under Kubiak. Dunta Distraction is not THE problem, but it's been a catalyst or a magnifier for the existing team culture and this season's current woes.

D. What a waste of 9.9 mill. I mean, that's good, sound business dealings by the owner who ultimately has to write that check out. This is not some old, senile man who is getting swindled by an encyclopedia salesman on a nice summer day. This is a brilliant businessman who just paid $9.9 million for a huuuuuuuge ongoing human headache named Dunta Robinson.

Yay logic.

El Tejano
09-17-2009, 10:50 AM
Referencing the excerpt that Frog provided:

1. Clearly it was a public relations and team relations disaster to keep Dunta.

2. We can't trust what Dunta says, because Dunta says one thing ("Oh, I'm cool and ready to go for the season") and then runs out and pulls a Chad Johnson stunt on opening weekend. In our own stadium.

3. I think the Dunta distraction all summer has contributed to the issues this team has. Historically, we open poorly in the first four games each year under Kubiak. Dunta Distraction is not THE problem, but it's been a catalyst or a magnifier for the existing team culture and this season's current woes.

D. What a waste of 9.9 mill. I mean, that's good, sound business dealings by the owner who ultimately has to write that check out. This is not some old, senile man who is getting swindled by an encyclopedia salesman on a nice summer day. This is a brilliant businessman who just paid $9.9 million for a huuuuuuuge ongoing human headache named Dunta Robinson.

Yay logic.

The only thing I can say about that logic is, we don't have anything better.

GP
09-17-2009, 10:53 AM
The only thing I can say about that logic is, we don't have anything better.

I don't want to hear that.

When you're player is doing what he's doing, he is worth more to be away from the team than to be ON it. This is Organizational Communication 101: If a team member, in any type of business or organization, wants to be on the bus, he needs to be prepared to ride along. If he doesn't like where the bus is going, he needs to exit the bus. And at this point, Dunta needs to exit the bus while it's still moving.

It only takes one poisonous attitude to affect the other players. Even on a subconscious level, there are players who are distracted and not focused on putting out a true team effort because of Dunta's behavior.

It's there. It can't be ignored. It's a pretty big problem.

Talent or no talent, this is not helping the team. Any supposed talent value that he once held is forever lost on the fact that Dunta is not mentally and emotionally "present" when he shows up to Reliant. He's physically there, but the other two aspect are AWOL.

badboy
09-17-2009, 12:14 PM
If the team comes out with hearts printed on their shoes, how much should the fine be?

JCTexan
09-17-2009, 01:26 PM
If the team comes out with hearts printed on their shoes, how much should the fine be?

As long as it reminds them to play with their heart they shouldn't get fined.

Mr teX
09-17-2009, 02:20 PM
I don't want to hear that.

When you're player is doing what he's doing, he is worth more to be away from the team than to be ON it. This is Organizational Communication 101: If a team member, in any type of business or organization, wants to be on the bus, he needs to be prepared to ride along. If he doesn't like where the bus is going, he needs to exit the bus. And at this point, Dunta needs to exit the bus while it's still moving.

It only takes one poisonous attitude to affect the other players. Even on a subconscious level, there are players who are distracted and not focused on putting out a true team effort because of Dunta's behavior.

It's there. It can't be ignored. It's a pretty big problem.

Talent or no talent, this is not helping the team. Any supposed talent value that he once held is forever lost on the fact that Dunta is not mentally and emotionally "present" when he shows up to Reliant. He's physically there, but the other two aspect are AWOL.

So if we come back & play well against the titans, it's all because Dunta was fined & our team chemistry was saved! :rolleyes:

TheBigpaki
09-17-2009, 05:41 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40461287@N05/3930049550/sizes/o/

Saw this on Yahoo.com

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Dunta-Robinson-s-shoe-based-payment-demand-gets-?urn=nfl,190319

kickman
09-17-2009, 06:41 PM
I really don't care if he's the best we got

SteveSlaton20
09-17-2009, 08:27 PM

"It was over a long time ago. I've moved on. Me and Rick don't have a problem. I'm focused on Tennessee [this Sunday]."

yah.

Goldensilence
09-17-2009, 11:49 PM
As long as it reminds them to play with their heart they shouldn't get fined.

Was this post in the same vein as Dunta Hey just joking on the shoes?

You should be fined. Then benched.

I can't believe it took them so long to fine him. It's even more embarrassing for Kubiak to say to the team has moved on without any action against him.

This week continues to get more embarrassing.

steelbtexan
09-18-2009, 12:01 AM
Kubes should be really embarrassed by the occurances of the last week.

JCTexan
09-18-2009, 12:09 AM
Was this post in the same vein as Dunta Hey just joking on the shoes?

You should be fined. Then benched.

I can't believe it took them so long to fine him. It's even more embarrassing for Kubiak to say to the team has moved on without any action against him.

This week continues to get more embarrassing.

I wasn't joking... I'm fine with them having hearts on their shoes as long as it reminds them to play with their heart. If they want to come out and be all about themselves and have "pay me" on their shoes then fine them.

Rick Smith told Dunta Monday that he would be fined. It was a home game, so it was probably their first time seeing each other after the game. How do you want Kubes to handle it? Suspend Dunta vs Tennessee?

GP
09-18-2009, 12:14 AM
So if we come back & play well against the titans, it's all because Dunta was fined & our team chemistry was saved! :rolleyes:

Has nothing to do with what happens on Sunday.

Good, bad, or whatever else might happen to us, is not the point.

If we suck, so be it. But I'd like this team to suck without one of our own players acting like a jackass and piling on with crap like that.

People with bad attitudes DO affect others. Not everyone is going to get sucked into it...but on a team of 53 players, I'd wager quite a few are distracted and discouraged by the rift between one of our so-called "leaders" and the FO. Now you've got guys who are "For" the coach, and guys who are "For" Dunta. Then you have some players who are playing both sides of the fence on the situation. And you got a coach who suddenly hears footsteps and wonders which players are "for" him and which ones aren't.

Hell, there's some prominent Texans players that have stated that they can see where Dunta is coming from. Eric practically looked and sounded like Dunta's P.R. man earlier in the off-season.

This team is fractured. And I think they might have been this way the whole time, but somehow found a way to win a few games in spite of it all.

Rick and Gary were not on the same page. It's like there's a tug-of-war going on between Rick, Gary, and Bob. Whose decision was it to keep Dunta, and why in the hell is a member of the sports media NOT asking that question? Am I to believe that Bob, Gary, and Rick met one day and they all looked at each other at the same time and blurted out in unison "Let's keep Dunta Robinson aboard this ship!" Who did the convincing that this guy was worth the gamble on money AND attitude? Because I believe at least one of those three men had to have had some doubts, but got overruled or persuaded.

So who is it? Who was the architect of this grand deconstruction process known as "willfully planting a cancer in your locker room"?

History says it was Bob McNair. He did this with David Carr, but hell even David made an effort to play along with it. Dunta goes out on Day 1 and loses his mind. So much for his supposed leadership skills.

This team won't go 0-16. But 8-8 would be a banner year considering what's going on with lots of things on this team and in the locker room.

GP
09-18-2009, 12:26 AM
Kubes should be really embarrassed by the occurances of the last week.

I don't think Gary Kubiak exists anymore.

I think Bob McNair is going to retain Rick Smith and fire Gary Kubiak, and I think Rick knows it. And that's why Gary has no clue that Dunta was going to get fined, and why Rick is 1,000 yards out in front of everybody with the fining of Dunta.

McNair and Rick are tight. Gary's left out in the cold, and he knows it...which is why he had a 5-minute press conference and gave practically no sign of a pulse during it. He knows it's over, and so he's turtling up (going into hiding).

I mean, I really do think the guy is as good as gone no matter what happens. Which means somewhere along the way, those three guys (McNair, Kubiak, and Rick) got disconnected and things took a turn. Throw in the opening day debacle, and it was unveiled for all to see.

I have no interest in trying to understand the psychology of what's going on, but I do stand here and say that I really believe that this organization has once again wasted basically an entire football year upon keeping (once again) a lame-duck head coach.

Bob is bipolar with his Texans management and player decisions/salaries.

Rick might just be what Richard Justice claimed him to be: A crank.

And Gary somewhere along the way didn't understand that he was getting marginalized (Quite possibly by the hands and maneuvering of Rick Smith).

This team is a bloody mess, guys. One good game, a win, is not going to be contrary evidence that proves all is well and just needs "time to gel" like we always end up doing by week 5. This is a pattern. The players have been eeking out wins, most likely because their own conscience started getting to them and so they begin to try to ease their conscience. But I think THIS is really the beginning of the real implosion of the Kubiak era.

And once again, Dunta Robinson will be there at the heart of it. I don't think he's at fault, but it's a damn sure oddity that he's going to end up playing a starring role in the axing of two Texans "leaders."

imatexan
09-18-2009, 12:29 AM

I think Bob McNair is going to retain Rick Smith and fire Gary Kubiak, and I think Rick knows it. And that's why Gary has no clue that Dunta was going to get fined, and why Rick is 1,000 yards out in front of everybody with the fining of Dunta.

McNair and Rick are tight. Gary's left out in the cold, and he knows it...which is why he had a 5-minute press conference and gave practically no sign of a pulse during it. He knows it's over, and so he's turtling up (going into hiding).

I mean, I really do think the guy is as good as gone no matter what happens. Which means somewhere along the way, those three guys (McNair, Kubiak, and Rick) got disconnected and things took a turn. Throw in the opening day debacle, and it was unveiled for all to see.

I have no interest in trying to understand the psychology of what's going on, but I do stand here and say that I really believe that this organization has once again wasted basically an entire football year upon keeping (once again) a lame-duck head coach.

And Gary somewhere along the way didn't understand that he was getting marginalized (Quite possibly by the hands and maneuvering of Rick Smith).

This team is a bloody mess, guys. One good game, a win, is not going to be contrary evidence that proves all is well and just needs "time to gel" like we always end up doing by week 5. This is a pattern. The players have been eeking out wins, most likely because their own conscience started getting to them and so they begin to try to ease their conscience. But I think THIS is really the beginning of the real implosion of the Kubiak era.

And once again, Dunta Robinson will be there at the heart of it. I don't think he's at fault, but it's a damn sure oddity that he's going to end up playing a starring role in the axing of two Texans "leaders."

Yet one game put us in "this mess".

GP
09-18-2009, 12:41 AM
Yet one game put us in "this mess".

Because it was the the first REAL test.

Everything leading up to the regular season is a sham. At practice, things are not real like they are when the Jets defense is trying to practically dismantle you on your own turf (and succeed at it).

During pre-season games, you still don't have a fully "real" NFL environment due to all the posturing and posing by offenses/defenses, as well as trying to play guys that you're evaluating for a possible roster spot on your team.

Then the day comes that you roll out your creation. The first regular season is a game using LIVE ammunition. No simulations anymore. Reality strikes.

And I dare say it struck harder now than any other time. With the loss to the Steelers last year, we had the excuse that Matt was coming off of injuries and needed to shake off the rust for a few games; get his legs underneath him again. We also had the excuse that the Steelers matchup was like me trying to fight GSP in the UFC...there was no way we would have won that game even if we had played our best; so let's not fret about losing the way we did. The losses continued. And then WHAM-O! we catch on fire and all of a sudden things are clicking.

Now here we are, again, but this time we face a Jets team who has a rookie head coach and a rookie QB who somehow out-foxes us in every single aspect of the game.

Are the Jets THAT good? Maybe.

I think we are who we have been for the past 3 years and 1 week: A soft team that takes FOUR preseason games and FOUR regular season games (8 games) to finally get their timing down.

But it's too damn late by then.

Instead of this team gearing up and being ready to rock-n-roll by opening day, it's off in its own world and seemingly looking for rock bottom so they can then rebound and try to prove everyone wrong.

That's bassackwards thinking for a brief 16-game season, IMO.

Bob McNair knows how to assemble a team that does just good enough to make you think it has potential, but can't hold up under pressure when it counts. How he manages to find these people is astounding when you consider that they guy is a billionaire. I'm beginning to think that billionaires might not be the smartest people in the room...they might have just been in the right place at the right time. Because if McNair can't diagnose the problems, correct it, and move on to Chapter 2 of "Owning And Succeeding As An NFL Owner in Today's World," then I got nothing else to say.

At some point, you have to have some empathy for Dom Capers and Gary Kubiak because they got told they had the right stuff. Oops.

JCTexan
09-18-2009, 12:49 AM

That could possibly be the worse thing that Mcnair could do. Smith has spent his entire NFL career with Denver. The same as Kubiak. They both know how to scout the same type of players (zbs). Getting a different coach likely would mean a different scheme, so why keep the GM who hasn't been outside his scheme?

GP
09-18-2009, 12:49 AM
If I love to manufacture and sell "widgets" to the paying customer.

If that's my passion.

If that's what I say I am dedicated to doing: Being the best at making and selling widgets.

Then at some point, I will make a great widget and find a way to get people to like it, buy it, use it, and keep using it.

If McNair is who he says he is: "I am sooo passionate. I feel for these fans. I want to win, too. I really really do, and I mean that."

If this is his passion. If this is THAT important to him.

And he can't make a widget in 7-8 years that sells better than 15th in a market of 32 competing widget manufacturing companies, then maybe Bob needs to take a day or two to take inventory of himself as an owner.

The thing that ties Bob and Dunta together is that they both say one thing, and then another thing gets produced that runs contrary to what they said.

But that team runs in the black ink. It stays profitable. Somehow.

LOL.

GP
09-18-2009, 12:57 AM
That could possibly be the worse thing that Mcnair could do. Smith has spent his entire NFL career with Denver. The same as Kubiak. They both know how to scout the same type of players (zbs). Getting a different coach likely would mean a different scheme, so why keep the GM who hasn't been outside his scheme?

Because the one thing that Rick Smith has done well (except the Dunta contract for this one season) is keep the contracts wise and sharp for the ownership and for future cap ramifications and dead money ramifications.

I think Rick Smith might just be a guy who is clever clever clever on the business side of things more than anything else.

And I think Bob McNair is listening to him. But more importantly, Bob would not want to repeat his last big move: Letting go BOTH the GM and the HC. It would uncover him for who he is: A poor judge of talent when it comes to coaching staff.

So you keep one of them. Rick Smith.

Ricky is saving Bob some money, unlike Uncle Charlie.

I just think Bob McNair is great when it comes to business (We're near the top of the list in terms of "most profitable franchises") but he's not a football guy who knows what to do and when to do it and how to stay ahead of the curve on the football side of the business.

Concessions sales, parking prices, marketing, advertising, image, image branding, promotions, merchandise. The things that are inanimate objects (non-humans) are right up his alley. He's not gifted with the ability to judge people (see: David Carr) on their potential football prowess.

But he can run a spreadsheet and balance those books. Then he goes and sticks his pudgy finger into the pie (David Carr and Dunta Robinson, whom I think were both his signature moves) and says "This guy is my guy. No touchy this guy, OK?). In a few years, he'll do it with AJ. Then he'll do it with Mario. We'll always be keeping a guy for sentimental reasons; because he was "the heart-and-soul of this team. He defined what it was to wear the Texans uniform. He's the type of player we want to find and sign."

:vomit:

JCTexan
09-18-2009, 01:37 AM
Because the one thing that Rick Smith has done well (except the Dunta contract for this one season) is keep the contracts wise and sharp for the ownership and for future cap ramifications and dead money ramifications.

I think Rick Smith might just be a guy who is clever clever clever on the business side of things more than anything else.

And I think Bob McNair is listening to him. But more importantly, Bob would not want to repeat his last big move: Letting go BOTH the GM and the HC. It would uncover him for who he is: A poor judge of talent when it comes to coaching staff.

So you keep one of them. Rick Smith.

Ricky is saving Bob some money, unlike Uncle Charlie.

I just think Bob McNair is great when it comes to business (We're near the top of the list in terms of "most profitable franchises") but he's not a football guy who knows what to do and when to do it and how to stay ahead of the curve on the football side of the business.

Concessions sales, parking prices, marketing, advertising, image, image branding, promotions, merchandise. The things that are inanimate objects (non-humans) are right up his alley. He's not gifted with the ability to judge people (see: David Carr) on their potential football prowess.

But he can run a spreadsheet and balance those books. Then he goes and sticks his pudgy finger into the pie (David Carr and Dunta Robinson, whom I think were both his signature moves) and says "This guy is my guy. No touchy this guy, OK?). In a few years, he'll do it with AJ. Then he'll do it with Mario. We'll always be keeping a guy for sentimental reasons; because he was "the heart-and-soul of this team. He defined what it was to wear the Texans uniform. He's the type of player we want to find and sign."

:vomit:

I just think he would be bad at drafting and free agency for the next head coach, unless that coach was Mike Shanahan. Shanahan wouldn't be bringing any change either, so I don't see that happening. Smith has been with the same system since 1996. His first coaching gig. Changing coaches means changing systems. It would be Smith's first time having any experience outside that system. I don't want a GM having to change everything he knows & learning on the go. I like Smith handling the contracts, but I would be disappointed if Mcnair kept Smith while firing Kubiak. I hope he keeps both right now, btw...

GP
09-18-2009, 07:48 AM
I just think he would be bad at drafting and free agency for the next head coach, unless that coach was Mike Shanahan. Shanahan wouldn't be bringing any change either, so I don't see that happening. Smith has been with the same system since 1996. His first coaching gig. Changing coaches means changing systems. It would be Smith's first time having any experience outside that system. I don't want a GM having to change everything he knows & learning on the go. I like Smith handling the contracts, but I would be disappointed if Mcnair kept Smith while firing Kubiak. I hope he keeps both right now, btw...

Yeah, but I see teams who don't switch GMs when they fire a head coach.

The Texans fired both (Casserly and Capers) the first time around.

I personally think Kubiak is getting the hook, and McNair will keep Rick Smith because of the consistency in player contracts that he's achieved.

And I don't think Shanahan would be a good hire. His run is up, IMO. He wants complete control, and Jerry Jones will give it to him if Wade Phillips doesn't produce this year.

Wolf
09-18-2009, 04:20 PM
I have to go outside and check the weather because hell must have froze over

In hindsight, the Texans should have gotten rid of Dunta

The Texans fined Dunta Robinson $25,000 for his ''Pay Me Rick'' shoes, and if that doesn't teach him a lesson nothing else will.

To take $25,000 out of his $9.957-million salary cuts deep. If you're pulling down $75,000, the equivalent fine would have been $188.

Let's just say I don't think we'll be having any more trouble out of Mr. Dunta Robinson after the Texans set him straight.

Actually, the Texans should have gotten rid of Dunta Robinson the moment he didn't show up for training camp.

Something larger than one player may have been damaged when the organization allowed Dunta to write his own set of rules. While his teammates were pushing themselves through one sweltering practice after another, while they were fighting through injuries and aches, Dunta was off doing his own thing.

Training camp is when a team's bonding begins, when players grow to trust one another and lean on one another. To allow one of the prominent players to simply skip training camp and then walk back in the door as if nothing had ever happened sends a terrible message.

Yes, I know he wasn't under contract. That's not the point. It's important not to confuse the business side of football and the football side of football.

Dunta has every right to extract all the money he can from the system. But at the point he didn't show up for training camp, his business was damaging the football.

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2009/09/in_hindsight_th.html

BrandonLwowski
09-23-2009, 03:43 PM
What is up with this guy. I remember when we first picked him up he was one of my favorite players. Now to me he seems like a T.O. but on the defensive side. Talks big game but cant back it up lately, the pay me rick thing, missing all of training camp. To me we shouldve just dropped him. yes i know he is good when he is at his best but he is not close to his best right now. i see him missing alot of plays, tackles, and blowing coverage on 3rd down....am i the only one who lost all respect for Dunta

TexansFanatic
09-23-2009, 03:44 PM
No, you're not the only one.

HoustonFrog
09-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Enjoy your evening reading this thread from last week. Get a beer or 6 :)

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64690

HOU-TEX
09-23-2009, 03:49 PM
Enjoy your evening reading this thread from last week. Get a beer or 6 :)

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64690

Agreed. We've had enough Dunta bashing, IMO.

BrandonLwowski
09-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the link...it is pretty much 10 pgs of bashing him lol:roflcopter:

NitroGSXR
09-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Dunta Robinson is a bad ass and I'm happy he plays for the Houston Texans. I can't wait to see some Dunta highlights for this season.

Here's one of my all time favorites... This is for the Third Base crowd!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOsnaGzVWCg&NR=1

dalemurphy
09-23-2009, 04:01 PM
Dunta Robinson is a bad ass and I'm happy he plays for the Houston Texans. I can't wait to see some Dunta highlights for this season.

Nitro, That was a good day!

BrandonLwowski
09-23-2009, 04:04 PM
one good play....so far this season name a big play that dunta has made other than miss a tackle or blow his coverage

mussop
09-23-2009, 04:05 PM
Agreed. We've had enough Dunta bashing, IMO.

Well considering we were extremely lucky not to have 2 unsportsman like penealties on him in the last game I say he should bashed some more. He is supposed to be a veteran leader on this team and hes acting like an imature rookie. If he wants to be paid like a top 5 CB he needs to perform like one on the field and be a leader by example. That means keeping his cool and staying focused at all times. When he starts doing that the bashing will stop. Until then he deserves it.

barrett
09-23-2009, 04:09 PM

Nitro, That was a good day!

ahhhhh back when we had a unified fan base in Austin. Those were the days. Too bad we lost a couple of games. I forget that Austinites are used to rooting for the Longhorns where they only blow 1 game a year.

God I hate the cowboys.

HOU-TEX
09-23-2009, 04:14 PM
Well considering we were extremely lucky not to have 2 unsportsman like penealties on him in the last game I say he should bashed some more. He is supposed to be a veteran leader on this team and hes acting like an imature rookie. If he wants to be paid like a top 5 CB he needs to perform like one on the field and be a leader by example. That means keeping his cool and staying focused at all times. When he starts doing that the bashing will stop. Until then he deserves it.

He wasn't called for anything, so why bash? Because he's Dunta?

Where was all the bashing when D-Ryans got a taunting flag for getting all up in the Jets WR grill at the end of the half?

mussop
09-23-2009, 04:23 PM
He wasn't called for anything, so why bash? Because he's Dunta?

Where was all the bashing when D-Ryans got a taunting flag for getting all up in the Jets WR grill at the end of the half?

Just because he wasnt called for it doesnt mean he shouldnt be called out for it. Those are boneheaded plays that could of cost us dearly in a close game made by a guy that thinks he should be paid among the elite players at his position. Actually I dont even care about all the contract BS, its the fact that he is supposed to be a veteran leader and things like that will keep this team from getting where it wants to be if they continue.

Ryans is another one as is Smith. All these guys better get it under control before one of them ends up costing us a game. Not only do we need to play better on D but we need to play smarter too. Kubiack needs to start fining these guys before it gts out of hand.

Ckw
09-23-2009, 04:37 PM

All I have to say is show me the last time Dunta made a play like that on the ball.

Double Barrel
09-23-2009, 04:41 PM
I was one of the few with a 'wait and see' attitude about D.Rob. I did not defend his hold out, but realized that (unfortunately) he's the best DB that we've got.

Sadly, I'm disappointed in his little shoe display - which is a chump move, IMO - and not impressed with his performance on the field. It is quite obvious that he needed training camp as much as anyone else on the team.

I'm not going to bash the dude, as he's a Texans player that we need right now. But honestly, if they trade or let him go after this season, I'm completely fine with it. Almost everything that I thought about the dude was an illusion/delusion, and he's not the defensive leader and role model that I thought he was before this season. That's too bad, but 'eh, it is what it is. I just hope he plays his ass off this season for his [potentially] fat contract next year, because that helps the Texans win games. The only thing worth rooting for D.Rob now is the uniform that he's wearing. Such is life.

NitroGSXR
09-23-2009, 05:03 PM
All I have to say is show me the last time Dunta made a play like that on the ball.

I kinda liked this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9Nl5NRIQ6g