PDA

View Full Version : Winston's video blog about the game

Wolf
09-15-2009, 08:52 PM
not much that we didn't know already

talked about how we need to do better, we have to look in the mirror..

what rex showed in baltimore and this game

http://www.ericwinston73.com/

m5kwatts
09-15-2009, 11:32 PM
I didn't like his comments on his radio show. Didn't sound like the loss bothered him enough but that might just be me. And he was particularly unaccountable when asked about their preparation and why they looked surprised when they had all offseason, put it on other guys and whatnot. Although it was our interior line getting shoved around (he and DB didn't give up a sack but allowed pressure a few times) I just didn't hear the disgust and overall admission of failure like I wanted to hear (and like Kubiak did, give coach credit for that atleast haha). I might be blowing this out of proportion though especially since Eric is media savvy and does a good job of controlling his emotions in interviews.

El Tejano
09-16-2009, 12:42 AM
, we have to look in the mirror..

http://www.ericwinston73.com/

Uh oh! Where did we hear that before?

Texans_Chick
09-16-2009, 06:10 AM
I didn't like his comments on his radio show. Didn't sound like the loss bothered him enough but that might just be me. And he was particularly unaccountable when asked about their preparation and why they looked surprised when they had all offseason, put it on other guys and whatnot. Although it was our interior line getting shoved around (he and DB didn't give up a sack but allowed pressure a few times) I just didn't hear the disgust and overall admission of failure like I wanted to hear (and like Kubiak did, give coach credit for that atleast haha). I might be blowing this out of proportion though especially since Eric is media savvy and does a good job of controlling his emotions in interviews.

I'm trying to put together a podcast of a telephone interview I did with EW about zone blocking and the 3-4. (I'm a luddite blogger so it ain't easy to put together but it is interesting.) He said he had a hard time talking to anyone after the loss.

gtexan02
09-16-2009, 07:42 AM
Maybe he could grow his hair out until we win? That seemed to work in the past

m5kwatts
09-16-2009, 05:58 PM
I'm trying to put together a podcast of a telephone interview I did with EW about zone blocking and the 3-4. (I'm a luddite blogger so it ain't easy to put together but it is interesting.) He said he had a hard time talking to anyone after the loss.

I'd really like to hear his honest thoughts on this and its good to hear he atleast had a hard time talking to anyone, its hard to judge his intensity and passion being so good with the media.

hadaad
09-17-2009, 01:05 AM
Good blogpost. Winston gives me hope for this team.

nunusguy
09-17-2009, 07:38 AM
Winston said nothing to give me any comfort or assurances about the Texans
being ready to bounce back against the Titans ? He said they are just gonna have to get ready fast. Hey they had about 5 months to get ready for the Jets and hows that lookin 'bout now ? And he admitted they saw a couple new wrinkles in the Jets rushing D, but much of what they thru at them was what they saw when the Ravens were here last year. Oh yea, Winston said they had to "look in the mirror". There's a real gem he's picked up from his HC.
I'm over the shock and despondence from the miserable performance Sunday, but not the disappointment.