PDA

View Full Version : Post week 1 power rankings:

TheRealJoker
09-15-2009, 08:32 PM
http://fanrankings.nfl.com/

The "experts" put us at 22 and the "community fan rankings" put us at 31. Ouch on the latter, we kinda earned the former!

As everyone knows, rankings dont mean anything this early in the season. Hopefully though, if any of our players see it then the rankings might light a fire under their asses. Anything that could do that would be good imo.

Bubbajwp
09-15-2009, 08:41 PM
The community Rankings are horrible.

disaacks3
09-15-2009, 08:47 PM
To be honest, I'm not sure we earned a 22....our offense was SHUT OUT!

HTown2ATX
09-15-2009, 09:29 PM
I saw alot of football last week in week 1.....no team looked as bad as ours that I saw...NONE....every other team AT LEAST looked competitive. I know the rankings don't mean squat right now and I know we're not the worst team in the league, however, based only on what I saw for one specific week, we were definitely in the 30's in ranking. IMO

I'm finally starting to simmer down after Sunday's worst, so I'm starting to try and think positively again. But man, for a solid 48 hours was I pissed!

eriadoc
09-15-2009, 10:30 PM
How'd we get as high as 31?

Bubbajwp
09-15-2009, 10:32 PM
As bad as we were I think our defense could outscore the Lions by themselves.

steelbtexan
09-15-2009, 10:32 PM
How'd we get as high as 31?

Good ?

Our offense got shut out right?

eriadoc
09-15-2009, 10:39 PM
Good ?

Our offense got shut out right?

Should have been 32 out of 32, IMO. No team performed worse. Even the Panthers, Raiders, Bills, and Lions played better as a team.

Honoring Earl 34
09-15-2009, 10:40 PM
We copied the Bronco model and we're ranked #22 and the Broncos are #23 . I say we reached our goal .:shots:

TheRealJoker
09-15-2009, 10:45 PM
You know, normally i'd be against obvious sky is falling talk like "we are the worst team in the NFL". But I am all for it because I hope it somehow gets to the players and they decide to prove us wrong. No more talking about being a winner, its time for this team to show us that they are winners before we go around talking about how we're gonna be a playoff team.

Hookem Horns
09-15-2009, 11:43 PM
That fan voting is obviously a bunch of fans voting for their own teams. I mean c'mon, the Cowboys are ranked higher than the Steelers? Sure, the Cowboys have more fans nationwide than do the Steelers. The Chargers ahead of the Giants? The Titans number 23?

Second Honeymoon
09-15-2009, 11:56 PM
I actually think we were the 30th worst team in the league last Sunday. Panthers were worst, Rams 2nd worst, and then our Texans.

Teams like the Chiefs, Raiders, and Bills all played better than our Texans with each team having a chance to win their game. The Broncos and 49ers both looked to have a rough year and both win their games. Why did we have to stink it up so bad while other teams overcome adversity?

I think it starts up top. We lack inspiration and passion. Kubiak just doesn't have it in his DNA to be a top NFL head coach. he is too awwshucks and good ole boy. You don't have to yell but you have to realize that you have to get a team fired up and prepared to play from the opening kick. His teams come out flat week after week. The defense plays with no real purpose or attitude. They just play soft and Kubiak coaches soft. 3+ years have shown that to be a constant.

Thorn
09-16-2009, 09:56 AM
ESPN has us at 23.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

Their comments: The opening dud left the team embarrassed and the city miserable. Visiting the Titans for Week 2 doesn't seem like a cure. (Kuharsky)

gtexan02
09-16-2009, 10:09 AM
These teams were worse than us last week:
Detroit - 3INTs on offense, 6 TDs through the air on defense
Panthers - 5 turnovers by the QB is awful
Maybe the rams

Titansfan3801
09-16-2009, 11:01 AM
I don't think that the low twenties is too far off. You've got potential, the problem is that you don't get any respect until you start showing, especially with your history. If you lose this week, you'll be in a big hole, but maybe that would be enough to get you moving. Don't you have two home games after this week? A little momentum to get you back even would be good. I don't think you can make it up if you start 1-3.

That being said, those community rankings are just silly. I don't think anyone would take them seriously. Also, despite a downright bad performance last week, and the fact that I'm a rival fan and don't like you guys, I'd still put you above 25.

Goldensilence
09-16-2009, 01:38 PM
How the hell did they put us that high? Drunk when they put the rankings up?

Don't answer that thorn :)

MeLoveTexans
09-16-2009, 03:14 PM
john mcclain has us at 31 on the chron.com

Norg
09-16-2009, 04:11 PM
thes people are nutzz its just one game

has far has the future rank goes and the teams on our sechudle

We are better then the

Raiders
Sea hawks
Jags
Tenn
Dolphins
Bengles
Arozina
Greenbay
Falcons
Bills
Bears
San Fran
COlts

all we got 2 do know is just prove it LOL

HTown2ATX
09-16-2009, 04:33 PM
thes people are nutzz its just one game

has far has the future rank goes and the teams on our sechudle

We are better then the

Raiders
Sea hawks
Jags
Tenn
Dolphins
Bengles
Arozina
Greenbay
Falcons
Bills
Bears
San Fran
COlts

all we got 2 do know is just prove it LOL

I dunno, from what I saw of the Raiders against SD, Buf against NE, Tenn against Pitt, and a few others we looked worse than them. Did you see how stout Oakland actually looked in that game?

That doesn't mean that those teams are better than us, but they played better than us, so, until I see otherwise (and it can start Sunday against the possum hollar tacks) I can't say we are better than those teams.

Titansfan3801
09-16-2009, 05:18 PM
I dunno, from what I saw of the Raiders against SD, Buf against NE, Tenn against Pitt, and a few others we looked worse than them. Did you see how stout Oakland actually looked in that game?

That doesn't mean that those teams are better than us, but they played better than us, so, until I see otherwise (and it can start Sunday against the possum hollar tacks) I can't say we are better than those teams.

Thanks for the rational view.

I'm happy to agree that you're better than you looked last week, but you've got to prove it.

Kulluminatii
09-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Anything can go down on Sunday. I think these rankings are pointless and I never pay much attention to them. I don't believe anyone expected the Raiders to play as well as they did against SD, and the same goes with the Jets, I doubt many expected them to come out of that game with a win.

Thats in the past though, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Texans really step up against the Titans and win the game. Thats what I love about football, you can try to analyze the game as much as you want, but come gameday, all bets are off.

Thorn
09-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Anything can go down on Sunday. I think these rankings are pointless and I never pay much attention to them. I don't believe anyone expected the Raiders to play as well as they did against SD, and the same goes with the Jets, I doubt many expected them to come out of that game with a win.

Thats in the past though, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Texans really step up against the Titans and win the game. Thats what I love about football, you can try to analyze the game as much as you want, but come gameday, all bets are off.

I'm hoping something clicks with the Texans and they play a better looking game than the Jets. That was a horrible game. If the Titans push us around all day, and we don't do anything about it, and Kubiac makes his usual dismal after game talks, this board is going to REALLY expode.

Revolution
09-16-2009, 09:06 PM
I think it starts up top. We lack inspiration and passion. Kubiak just doesn't have it in his DNA to be a top NFL head coach. he is too awwshucks and good ole boy. You don't have to yell but you have to realize that you have to get a team fired up and prepared to play from the opening kick. His teams come out flat week after week. The defense plays with no real purpose or attitude. They just play soft and Kubiak coaches soft. 3+ years have shown that to be a constant.

Tony Dungy is the most unassuming coach I have ever seen. I don't think the coach's outward demeanor is an indication of how well he coaches. I think this is the most shallow and downright dumb analysis I have seen. SH, I am not just talking to you, because I have seen this hundreds of times...

Speedy
09-16-2009, 10:52 PM
My power ratings:

1 - Saints
2 - Vikings
3 - Ravens
4 - Eagles w/McNabb, could fall fast without
5 - Jets, gotta put them here 'cause they totally dominated their game
6 - Cowboys
7 - Falcons
8 - Giants
9 - Seahawks
10- Packers
11- Steelers
12- Patriots
13- Chargers
14- Titans
15- 49ers
16- Colts
17- Jaguars
18- Raiders
19- Redskins
20- Bills
21- Bears
22- Browns
23- Cardinals
24- Dolphins
25- Broncos, since they did win I guess I finally have to rank them
26- Buccaneers
27- Chiefs
28- Bengals
29- Texans
30- Panthers
31- Rams
32- Lions, they have to win a game before they get to move out of this spot (losing streak at 18 games)