PDA

View Full Version : 1st overall pick in 2010 possibilities

Hookem Horns
09-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Since we are already talking new HCs let's talk about our #1 overall pick for next season since it looks like this will be another 2-14 season (thank gawd we play the Jags twice).

Draft Colt!!

LOL, couldn't resist.

Wolf
09-14-2009, 09:31 PM
nice avatar

Goatcheese
09-14-2009, 09:41 PM
At this point I would take Berry, Suh, or Mays.

There's no way we have the #1 pick though. Other teams are playing equally terrible football, and don't have the talent to turn things around.

stingray
09-14-2009, 09:42 PM
I think "For What?" would go better on Rick's shoe.

rmartin65
09-14-2009, 09:58 PM
If we are picking first, I am looking at three players:

Tennessee S Eric Berry
Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford
Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh

That said, I dont think we pick first. I do think, after watching that game, and other games around the league, that we have a very good chance at picking in the top 10.

ArlingtonTexan
09-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Just stop it.

m5kwatts
09-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Gerald McCoy is an absolute monster, I think he's better than Suh, more powerful. One of the safetys would be a dream. CJ Spiller would be intriguing as well.... But none of these guys we've discussed because we'll be picking in the 20s

TexansFanatic
09-14-2009, 10:21 PM
Since we are already talking new HCs let's talk about our #1 overall pick for next season since it looks like this will be another 2-14 season (thank gawd we play the Jags twice).

Draft Colt!!

LOL, couldn't resist.

Oh man, huge points for the avatar. :spit:

El Tejano
09-15-2009, 10:49 AM
We got Mays!!!!!

gtexan02
09-15-2009, 10:52 AM
Trade it for Reggie Bush and make up for the disaster that was the 2007 draft!!!:backsout:

Thorn
09-15-2009, 11:01 AM
Trade it for Reggie Bush and make up for the disaster that was the 2007 draft!!!:backsout:

LOL.

Well, one game doesn't mean a season, but if the Texans don't pick things up, we could be looking at 3-6 or 4-5 before our bye week. If we are not at least 5-4 before the bye week, you can kiss a winning season good bye, much less the play offs.

Hookem Horns
09-15-2009, 11:05 AM

Hey, Reggie ran for 14 yards on 7 carries on Sunday for a whopping 2 YPC. He would fit right in with the Texans.

BTW, I heard he was getting booed by the Saints fans on Sunday.

HOU-TEX
09-15-2009, 11:10 AM

Draft Colt!!

LOL, couldn't resist.

Hey, if Schaub ends up injured again this season, I would be opposed to Colt. IMO, he'd be a nice fit into this system. That is, if it remains the same system.

Hervoyel
09-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Are there any highly regarded system QB's who play in spread offenses and never face any pressure so we have no idea how they'd handle it available? If we can't find one of those then certainly there's a teenage phenom who's going to be the next Reggie White available?

I don't think we finish with the top pick but I think a reasonable assumption at this point (following one freakin game) would be top ten pick. Hopefully that's not the case but I think it's reasonable to predict that right now. Since talking draft before October gets here is a time honored Texans tradition I have one major thought on this right now. We are too thin elsewhere to bother with a QB. That would be a mistake I think.

Assume that a season like that gets us another HC as well. That means the new guy isn't going to be in any way attached to Matt Schaub and hopefully McNair has learned his lesson after paying David Carr that bonus money. I doubt he'd be stupid enough to put preconditions (implied or otherwise) on working with Schaub or anything else on the new guy. No coach worth having would accept them which should have been a huge red flag when Kubiak was hired.

Anyway if the new HC has a clue he doesn't try to start over with Schaub. He lets him try to earn the starting job but he also gives Grossman a shot if he chooses to come back and he brings in some competition for the job. Starting over would mean a year or so (likely) with Schaub or another placeholder type QB.

Silver Oak
09-15-2009, 11:26 AM
if we draft QB before getting big ugly center, big ugly fast Safety, and big ugly DT, I may be watching games from my couch instead of Reliant.

gtexan02
09-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Hey, Reggie ran for 14 yards on 7 carries on Sunday for a whopping 2 YPC. He would fit right in with the Texans.

BTW, I heard he was getting booed by the Saints fans on Sunday.

You're missing his true value. The Lions defense was so worried about Reggie that they totally stacked the box, sometimes putting up to 12 guys in there to stop him. That allowed Drew Brees to have a field day and throw for 6 TDs. Without Reggie, the Lions would have smoked the Saints. . . or so Ive been told

nunusguy
09-15-2009, 11:39 AM

Listen man, little Reggie will break a run for 15, maybe even 20 some yards in one of these games and ESPN will be running that one play for a whole week.
But honestly, he's surely gonna break off a run for some real distance one of these days ? I mean in his rookie year in the league last year, our third-round pick had I dunno how many runs of 20 or more yards, plus a couple for real distance.
Bush is in his 4th year now and nothin ? Its almost like he's trying not to break one off ? With his pure speed, its downright amazing he's been so unproductive in the department of long-distance rushs ?

Goldensilence
09-15-2009, 11:56 AM
Listen man, little Reggie will break a run for 15, maybe even 20 some yards in one of these games and ESPN will be running that one play for a whole week.
But honestly, he's surely gonna break off a run for some real distance one of these days ? I mean in his rookie year in the league last year, our third-round pick had I dunno how many runs of 20 or more yards, plus a couple for real distance.
Bush is in his 4th year now and nothin ? Its almost like he's trying not to break one off ? With his pure speed, its downright amazing he's been so unproductive in the department of long-distance rushs ?

Dude, haven't ya heard? His value isn't as a pure RB it's as a decoy.

Hookem Horns
09-15-2009, 12:26 PM
You're missing his true value. The Lions defense was so worried about Reggie that they totally stacked the box, sometimes putting up to 12 guys in there to stop him. That allowed Drew Brees to have a field day and throw for 6 TDs. Without Reggie, the Lions would have smoked the Saints. . . or so Ive been told

Wow, Reggie is so awesome that the Lions were stacking the box with him on the bench (which is where he was most of the game)?

I can't believe we passed on both VY and Bush. Both of those guys inspire greatness from the bench. We could have used some of that aura on Sunday.

badboy
09-15-2009, 02:37 PM
With the first pick the Houston Texans trade down to # 4 with the Oakland Raiders. Raiders select a WR with speed. WIth the #4, Houston selects the best DT and uses the Raiders 2nd round and the 4th received in the trade to get Dallas's highest pick which is used on a strong safety. The Texans use their own # 2 for a free safety and their 3rd for a corner back. The 3rd round pick they received from New England for Dunta Robinson was used to select the meanest guard/tackle who signed his contract at the NFL podium and caused a great cheer from attending Houston fans for bumming a pen from the commish and then screaming " I want to pancake somebody!"

A tremendous electrical storm in Houston Galveston area knocked electricity out and no one know what happened in remaining rounds. There were rumors that Colt McCoy was selected in the 4th round.

HouSportsWriter
09-15-2009, 03:38 PM
CAN WE PLEASE DRAFT A COACH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WITH THE 1ST PICK THE HOUSTON TEXANS SELECT BILL BILACHECK 2.0:bender:

I WISH WE COULD DRAFT A COACH

rmartin65
09-15-2009, 03:39 PM
CAN WE PLEASE DRAFT A COACH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WITH THE 1ST PICK THE HOUSTON TEXANS SELECT BILL BILACHECK 2.0:bender:

I WISH WE COULD DRAFT A COACH

The button that is above the shift, titled caps lock, hit it.

Norg
09-15-2009, 03:59 PM
I dont like how the QB class is shaping up for next year

IMO we dont need a QB iam Fine with Matt and Rex

what we need is a good secondary and a Center & guard

Nawzer
09-15-2009, 05:05 PM
You guys are going to laugh at yourself when we win the Super Bowl this year. Yeah I'm still holding on to that dream!:texflag:

Goldensilence
09-15-2009, 05:09 PM
I think Bradford is the guy I'd go with if we were to go for a high pick QB. Personally I'd rather pick a guy like Pike out of Cinci and let Rex stand in next year if we can resign him.

I love Colt as the UT QB, but I can't help but be concerned about his frame and how it'll hold up. I love his accuracy though and he's got an arm that can make all the throws needed to be in the NFL.

Wolf6151
09-15-2009, 05:17 PM
I dont like how the QB class is shaping up for next year

IMO we dont need a QB iam Fine with Matt and Rex

what we need is a good secondary and a Center & guard

I agree, Schaub's not the problem. Without an O-line the passing and running game won't work. Myers, and Brisiel need to be replaced. Brisiel could be a backup but Myers should be buying a ticket to the game like the rest of us.

Our 1st round draft pick should be Morgan Burnett. I think Berry and Mays will already be gone and I think that Mays is not the type of Safety we need, Burnett is much better in coverage.