PDA

View Full Version : What did we do to the football Gods to deserve this?

TheRealJoker
09-14-2009, 09:44 AM
Why oh why does Houston football teams have to break our hearts? :-(

I grew up watching the Oilers be on the wrong end of the greatest comeback in NFL history and then I also watched them be on the receiving end of Joe Montana's last playoff comeback. Now i'm all grown up and ready to be a nice shiny happy Houston pro football fan again after Bud Adams raped my childhood and i've had to put up with this crap? Which football god's sister did the city of Houston rape to deserve this?

PS: Anyone else tired of seeing the Denver prodigy get out coached by any solid defensive guru and watch him not be able to get his team ready to play consistently?

gtexan02
09-14-2009, 09:47 AM
31 teams are disappointed every single season. Such is the life of a sports fan.

GP
09-14-2009, 09:53 AM
It's who we are. Period.

I still can't believe the Rockets actually sucked it up and were able to win two titles. I think we might have withdrawn our whole sports "money" from the bank account on those two titles.

The sun'll come out...tomorrow...bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow....YOU'RE ALWAYS A DAYYYY AWAYYYYYYY... :marionaner:

Double Barrel
09-14-2009, 11:50 AM
I've reached the conclusion that the stadiums are build on ancient Indian burial grounds. The Oilers were the definition of futility until they moved to Tennessee, where they quickly reached the Super Bowl (on the Curse of Bud prevented them from winning it). The Astros never could get over the hump until they moved to Minutemaid, and they've seen a World Series within the first decade of being there. So it should come as no surprise that the Texans, built from the ground up at that site, where the front office resides, and where they practice, have been nothing but futile.

We need to hire a Native American shaman to exorcise that place. Maybe bring in a Catholic priest, voodoo priestess, a Rabbi, and a Buddhist monk for back up. It's our only hope!

:ant: :sarcasm: :survivor:

TheRealJoker
09-14-2009, 12:21 PM
I think we need to bring an offering from the Oiler's greatest nemesis. We need to go out and get Bill Cowher to change the culture of this team and give us a Steelers like dynasty!!!

Goldensilence
09-14-2009, 01:43 PM
I've reached the conclusion that the stadiums are build on ancient Indian burial grounds. The Oilers were the definition of futility until they moved to Tennessee, where they quickly reached the Super Bowl (on the Curse of Bud prevented them from winning it). The Astros never could get over the hump until they moved to Minutemaid, and they've seen a World Series within the first decade of being there. So it should come as no surprise that the Texans, built from the ground up at that site, where the front office resides, and where they practice, have been nothing but futile.

We need to hire a Native American shaman to exorcise that place. Maybe bring in a Catholic priest, voodoo priestess, a Rabbi, and a Buddhist monk for back up. It's our only hope!

Dunno if it's our only hope, but hell at this point I'm willing to try it.

disaacks3
09-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Can we just bring Bud back to Houston and sacrifice HIM on the grounds?

Brisco_County
09-14-2009, 01:47 PM
Why oh why does Houston football teams have to break our hearts? :-(

I grew up watching the Oilers be on the wrong end of the greatest comeback in NFL history and then I also watched them be on the receiving end of Joe Montana's last playoff comeback. Now i'm all grown up and ready to be a nice shiny happy Houston pro football fan again after Bud Adams raped my childhood and i've had to put up with this crap? Which football god's sister did the city of Houston rape to deserve this?

PS: Anyone else tired of seeing the Denver prodigy get out coached by any solid defensive guru and watch him not be able to get his team ready to play consistently?

Everything you've said here perfectly sums up my life experiences as a Houston football fan.

Mr. White
09-14-2009, 01:49 PM
It goes back to the Love Ya Blue days.

We had an owner that fired Bum.

Now we have an owner that only hires bums.

m5kwatts
09-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Its week 1

Silver Oak
09-14-2009, 01:55 PM
http://dsskcorp.com/ibidem/fotographia/misc/panic!at.teh.dsskcorp.gif

Spike
09-14-2009, 01:56 PM
I just don't know...and the bigger questions is, I don't know why we keep coming back for more.

As the first half ended yesterday and I was moping around the house in frustration, my wife (who I have been married to for three years now) asked, "Why do you continue to watch? You never are happy when you watch these games." Not only do I not have a good response, I find myself drawn to the message board to keep the frustration of the last week's game alive.

It is funny, I think what I love most about our team is the off-season, although in the off-season, I can't wait for the football season. Obviously, this is because in the off-season there is optimism about the next season. Before we see a snap, we can hope and believe that this will be the year, our defense will be dominant, the new free agent that we pick up is going to make all the difference.

I don't see it happening soon, but I sometimes wonder how much longer I can see myself following something that never brings all that much satisfaction. When will I trade watching footballs games that don't make me happy (at least from the perspective of the person that knows me best) to find something else to do with my time? If there is a move to change the coaching staff, will I have the stomach to sit through another "reubilding" year...or years.

Ckw
09-14-2009, 02:13 PM

I know you are joking, but I really wouldn't be opposed to this. Right now, I am willing to try anything if it means this team might actually become something...

DerekLee1
09-14-2009, 02:16 PM
Like my wife said this morning: it's like your girlfriend leaving you every week. You're crushed right after the game and feel dumped on the next day. It really is painful and heartbreaking.

texasguy346
09-14-2009, 02:16 PM
Can we just bring Bud back to Houston and sacrifice HIM on the grounds?

That might just do the trick. I say we go for it.

mussop
09-14-2009, 02:45 PM
We as fans have been to patient. It is time to stand up and let it be known we are not going to except mediocracy anymore! No more buying jerseys, no more buying expensive season tickets or anything Texans related until such prodduct is worthy! :foottap:

Norg
09-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Its that pimple called the astrodome that sits next to Relient Stadium its cursing us ...... WE must laser guide bomb it at once and turn that section into another Texans Fan zone or parking lot

gtexan02
09-14-2009, 03:02 PM
We as fans have been to patient. It is time to stand up and let it be known we are not going to except mediocracy anymore! No more buying jerseys, no more buying expensive season tickets or anything Texans related until such prodduct is worthy! :foottap:

Doesn't this make you a bandwagon fan? Only supporting the team during winning years?

Silver Oak
09-14-2009, 03:03 PM

I don't know if your being sarcastic or not, but to me it's entertainment and my hobby rolled into one. I'm not planning on any kind of strike on tickets or merchandise.

I lived through the worst years the Oilers had to offer, so I can surely stomach this.

HOU-TEX
09-14-2009, 03:09 PM
Re: What did we do to the football Gods to deserve this?

I was born in Houston. Houston sports in general will drive one to drinkin