PDA

View Full Version : dud

kastofsna
09-13-2009, 05:17 PM
Pretty much the best way to describe Miami's start to the season.

Lots of stupid penalties, ridiculous turnovers (Fasano fumbling twice? Really?), and absolutely no momentum at any point on offense. Lots of punts. Matt Ryan looked great, John Abraham got the best of Jake Long several times, and the defense never really got off the field much. Overall, Atlanta looked like a much better team.

Ugly, ugly game. They deserved to get shut out, but had a nice drive at the end of the game to get on the board. Woo hoo. :butterfly:

Some pros: the d-line looks pretty good. Phillip Merling laid out Ryan a few times. There was consistent pressure throughout the game, actually, but Ryan looks like a Hall of Famer in the pocket, it's insane.

So who knows where Miami will go from here. Gotta face the damn Colts next Monday night. Then a bunch of ridiculous games. Very tough schedule. Could get ugly.

brakos82
09-13-2009, 05:21 PM

Lots of stupid penalties, ridiculous turnovers (Fasano fumbling twice? Really?), and absolutely no momentum at any point on offense. Lots of punts. Matt Ryan looked great, John Abraham got the best of Jake Long several times, and the defense never really got off the field much. Overall, Atlanta looked like a much better team.

Ugly, ugly game. They deserved to get shut out, but had a nice drive at the end of the game to get on the board. Woo hoo. :butterfly:

Some pros: the d-line looks pretty good. Phillip Merling laid out Ryan a few times. There was consistent pressure throughout the game, actually, but Ryan looks like a Hall of Famer in the pocket, it's insane.

So who knows where Miami will go from here. Gotta face the damn Colts next Monday night. Then a bunch of ridiculous games. Very tough schedule. Could get ugly.
Welcome back to the "This could get ugly" club. :thisbig:

WWJD
09-13-2009, 05:40 PM
I actually had the Dolphins down to win that game. Dumb me.

gtexan02
09-13-2009, 05:58 PM
At least they aren't the Texans? You must be some kind of masochist to choose these two teams to support

brakos82
09-13-2009, 06:01 PM
At least they aren't the Texans? You must be some kind of masochist to choose these two teams to support

I know one person that's a Phins/Browns/Saints fan. That's probably worse. LOL

steelbtexan
09-13-2009, 08:54 PM

Agreed

Atleast you didn't have to watch the CRAP I had to watch @ Reliant today.

Texecutioner
09-13-2009, 08:58 PM

I think this is going to be a rough year for you guys. You guys have the roughest schedule in the league this year from what I've read. Plus, being in the division with the Pats and the Bills possibly getting better, it's going to be tough to repeat the same type of season that you guys had last year.

And Pennington has such a bad history of getting hurt every other year, so that isn't on the Dolphin's side either. Love Pennington though. Hope he stays healthy.

4Texans
09-14-2009, 08:48 AM
K, I saw the title of this thread and thought you had accidently put a Texans comment in the NFL section. It is nice to know that we were not the only team that laid a stinking egg yesterday.....

kastofsna
09-15-2009, 10:48 PM
now rumors abound about Pennington being benched. absolutely won't happen after one game. especially since Pennington wasn't that bad. really, everything just seemed out of sync.

Pat White did have one play where he faked the option, and Ted Ginn completely destroyed the safety and corner, but White overthrew him. sigh

steelbtexan
09-15-2009, 10:55 PM
Hey Kast

I've got Bess on my fantasy team.

How productive do you think he will be this year?

kastofsna
09-16-2009, 12:11 AM
Bess is awesome. he makes a lot of great catches and makes clutch plays. no idea how that translates to fantasy though. he's wayne chrebetish

steelbtexan
09-16-2009, 12:30 AM
Bess is awesome. he makes a lot of great catches and makes clutch plays. no idea how that translates to fantasy though. he's wayne chrebetish

Thanks for the info

ObsiWan
09-16-2009, 12:39 PM
I know one person that's a Phins/Browns/Saints fan. That's probably worse. LOL

Damn. He/she must need prescription meds.
:D

kastofsna
09-16-2009, 05:03 PM
if you're going to cop out and have 3 favorite teams ya might as well pick some good ones

SheTexan
09-18-2009, 01:41 PM
if you're going to cop out and have 3 favorite teams ya might as well pick some good ones

So true. I have ONE favorite team from each conference, and they are BOTH losers!! I need therapy!:)

Texans vs Niners Oct 25th! ONE of my fav teams will win!:doot:

HOU-TEX
09-18-2009, 01:45 PM
So true. I have ONE favorite team from each conference, and they are BOTH losers!! I need therapy!:)

Texans vs Niners Oct 25th! ONE of my fav teams will win!:doot:

The Niners won. I think they've got just as good of a chance to win their division as the rest of them.

SheTexan
09-18-2009, 03:12 PM
The Niners won. I think they've got just as good of a chance to win their division as the rest of them.

THey beat the Cards in that game also! So maybe there is a little hope that SOMEDAY I'll see one of my teams make it to the big show!! It's my fantasy to see them both, at the same time!:)

JCTexan
09-18-2009, 03:19 PM
THey beat the Cards in that game also! So maybe there is a little hope that SOMEDAY I'll see one of my teams make it to the big show!! It's my fantasy to see them both, at the same time!:)

With the Texans winning it?

SheTexan
09-18-2009, 06:00 PM
With the Texans winning it?

Absolutely!!!:texflag: