PDA

View Full Version : This team has no attitude

indiantexan
09-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Why is my heart always in my mouth when the Texans take the field?

Why does our team look soft while many other teams play with such swagger and physicality?

I think it all starts with the coaching staff...there just isn't any sense of confidence, leadership or swagger in them.

I think this trickles down to the players...except for a few players like Demeco, Mario etc...nobody plays tough, physical, smashmouth football.

I am tired of this finesse approach. Everybody on this team is a nice guy. I think it is not working

Thorn
09-13-2009, 03:58 PM
I think it is not working

Something is not working, that's for sure.

Fred
09-13-2009, 04:55 PM
This team DOES have an attitude. "It's September? Then we quit."

Wolf
09-13-2009, 05:00 PM
We got a freaking prison beating today on both sides of the ball

only hit I can recall (off the top of my head) is the Demeco hit right at halftime (even if it was 20 yards down field)

gwallaia
09-13-2009, 05:52 PM
The players are thinking to themselves. Heh, what the hell, I'm making millions of dollars and I can always switch teams next season. What do I care if the Texans win or lose?

WWJD
09-13-2009, 06:26 PM
It could have been worse. The Jets were without their 2 best defensive players from what I've read.

They've either got a)great backups b)great defensive scheme or c) BOTH!

jppaul
09-13-2009, 06:27 PM
We were just outschemed, hey maybe we can call up Dick Jauron maybe he has a scheme that we can handle.

LonerATO
09-13-2009, 06:28 PM
They just talked about Rex on Football Night and said that he was already talking junk about the Pats and ready to go. They also said just how crappy the Texans were and how they made a rookie looking freaking awesome. I know thats not new, but it sure doesnt help our image or whatever kind of image the Texans have ever had. Look at Samurai Mike going nuts on his sidelines and jacking his players up.

Buffi2
09-13-2009, 06:30 PM
We were just outschemed, hey maybe we can call up Dick Jauron maybe he has a scheme that we can handle.

We were ever so much more that outschemed - we were outplayed, outcoached and, most important the Texans have no heart to win - I'm not sure they even care. Other teams, however, seem to want to win.

Runner
09-13-2009, 06:46 PM
I'm trying to work up a theory proving a correlation of the inverse relationship between our receivers'* ability to dance after a (theoretical) touchdown vs. the overall toughness of the rest of the team. I'll let you know if my work is ever published.

*I'm excluding Andre Johnson from this group, much as he was excluded when the game result was still in question.

LonerATO
09-13-2009, 06:57 PM
I'm trying to work up a theory proving a correlation of the inverse relationship between our receivers'* ability to dance after a (theoretical) touchdown vs. the overall toughness of the rest of the team. I'll let you know if my work is ever published.

*I'm excluding Andre Johnson from this group, much as he was excluded when the game result was still in question.

No lie about the f'ing lame *** dances in the endzone. I guess some of these guys should be on dancing with the stars and not catching passes. I have never been a fan of any kind of dancing or showing off in the endzone or any other kind of sport.

Hervoyel
09-13-2009, 07:01 PM
It could have been worse. The Jets were without their 2 best defensive players from what I've read.

They've either got a)great backups b)great defensive scheme or c) BOTH!

IMPOSSIBLE!

I have it on good authority that it takes 3-4 years to build up any depth at all and that when a new coach comes in he instantly has to replace 3/4 of the roster because they aren't "his guys". Rex Ryan just got there so there's no chance it was great backups. They haven't had time to draft and develop them yet.

Jackie Chiles
09-13-2009, 07:05 PM
As the team was heading into the locker room at halftime (they were being pretty vigorously booed) I couldn't help but notice Amobi had a huuuuge ***t-eating grin on his face the whole time. If I had to guess what he was thinking it would be along the lines of "I can't believe they have turned on us, we didn't play that bad, we can pick it up next half no problem." Rubbed me the wrong way I guess, just take some well deserved criticism from the fans, put your head down and hustle into the tunnel. And while you're at it try not to lay another big fat egg in the 2nd half.

Wolf
09-13-2009, 07:48 PM
what concerns me is the body language that you could see from the offense early in the game.. I remember after an incomplete pass, the body language was like they have been beaten already

Texecutioner
09-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Why is my heart always in my mouth when the Texans take the field?

Why does our team look soft while many other teams play with such swagger and physicality?

I think it all starts with the coaching staff...there just isn't any sense of confidence, leadership or swagger in them.

I think this trickles down to the players...except for a few players like Demeco, Mario etc...nobody plays tough, physical, smashmouth football.

I am tired of this finesse approach. Everybody on this team is a nice guy. I think it is not working

When has it ever had one under Gary Kubiak?