PDA

View Full Version : What was the worst part?

m5kwatts
09-13-2009, 03:14 PM
The whole performance was disgusting, which annoyed you most

Thorn
09-13-2009, 03:16 PM

The score. The offense. Play calling. there were a lot of things that pissed me off today. But, I have not yet begun to drink. It'll all be better soon. :)

Spled
09-13-2009, 03:17 PM
The secondary that seemed to be looking for run calls on 3rd and long.

Mr teX
09-13-2009, 03:17 PM
I'm having a hard time picking.....

I'll say slaton not running hard & looking like he's scared of contact...no
maybe the offense looking completely lost.....no
maybe the playcalling not adjusting.......yeah

still trying to run the ball at the end of the 3rd quarter down by 17? what the hell?

HTown2ATX
09-13-2009, 03:18 PM
i'm having a hard time picking.....

Still trying to run the ball at the end of the 3rd quarter down by 17? What the hell?

exactly!

LonerATO
09-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Seeing CBS show the Jets sideline the whole time and talking up the Jets. Hats off to them but it just sucks to get man handled on national TV in your own house

Maddict5
the o-line. 17 different kinds of awful on both fronts

m5kwatts
I'm gonna say our running game... Kyle committed to a vanilla run-first offense in the first quarter and we got 2-3 yards a carry. If we had gotten more like 4-5 yards a run our passes would've been more effective and obviously the play-action. I put it more on the o-line than Slaton and Brown, although Slaton didn't exactly set the world on fire. The whole offense should be held accountable but the line looked slow, unathletic and untalented just like they did in the Raiders game.

Hervoyel
09-13-2009, 03:20 PM
The "softness" of our team. The weakness they show whenever they play any other "good" team in the NFL. The Jets defense just waded through our offensive linemen like they were a junior college team. Our defense has some players (Williams, Ryans, Robinson wasn't totally lousy, and Cushing looked ok today) but they just can't stop anybody. They can't get off the damned field. 3rd down conversions come over and over again against us.

Our guys look weak, can't block, and can't tackle. That's a bad recipe for a football team.

Wolf
09-13-2009, 03:20 PM

3rd downs

offensive line got man handled (without the best players for the jets playing)

no imagination on playcalling

Hervoyel
09-13-2009, 03:21 PM
Seeing CBS show the Jets sideline the whole time and talking up the Jets. Hats off to them but it just sucks to get man handled on national TV in your own house

You left off the word "again" at the end.

We always get manhandled on national TV unless we're playing somebody whose losing and playing out the string (Jaguars last year on MNF for instance).

LonerATO
09-13-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm gonna say our running game... Kyle committed to a vanilla run-first offense in the first quarter and we got 2-3 yards a carry. If we had gotten more like 4-5 yards a run our passes would've been more effective and obviously the play-action. I put it more on the o-line than Slaton and Brown, although Slaton didn't exactly set the world on fire. The whole offense should be held accountable but the line looked slow, unathletic and untalented just like they did in the Raiders game.

Not running any kind of screens till the 2nd qtr and beyond

CTWade
09-13-2009, 03:27 PM
The Texans crushing my hopes for the !@*(&@$^th time? The lack of ANY progress after a DECADE of football?

m5kwatts
09-13-2009, 03:28 PM
I'm gonna add having to explain this abomination to the forty something people who will call me in the next 24 hours

Trail.Blazr
09-13-2009, 03:30 PM
the worst part for me was listening to Phil Simms talking up the Jets play calling as I watched an uncontested Cotchery get ANOTHER first down, Waaaaay after sitting on my couch(cuz I'm a football nobody) wondering if the texans can pull their head out of thier 5 hole and actually contest this guy at the line after seeing them get burnt too many times already.

If the Texans have enough testosterone to recover from this pathetic show, I'll be doubly peeaved. No way you lose this game. That was LAME

Marcus
09-13-2009, 03:31 PM
What was the worst part for me?

Having a feeling of dread beforehand that it was going to turn out exactly like it did. In that aspect, they never fail me.

Damn, that sucks!

I was just yelling, "Why the ******* can't you guys tackle?" "Why the ******* can't you guys block?"

So I guess the worst part . . . being manhandled in the trenches.

Goatcheese
09-13-2009, 03:31 PM
The worst part? This forum after a loss.

thunderwolf
09-13-2009, 03:33 PM
third down conversions had to be the worst part, especially in the beginning of the game where we would have seemingly stopped them and be ready to erupt and then give up a first down.
Steve Slaton's long run for a fumble absolutely was the worst, and was the point where I started to lose hope.

Big Lou
09-13-2009, 03:36 PM
The fact that we made another rookie QB look like a Pro Bowler. What is with this crap!!!!

JCTexan
09-13-2009, 03:39 PM
The worst part watching the game? Seeing Steve Slaton in there. I was wanting to see more of Chris Brown after Slaton's poor start. Brown had 3 carries for 15 yards, while Slaton had 9 carries for 17.

Big Lou
09-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Although the team played like shit, what was with the fans. Less than half the crowd had white on. The fans were shut down faster than Schaub was. The team deserved the boos, but that was dissappointing as someone that doesn't have the oppurtunity to go to the game.

Go easy on the negative reps!!!!!

Wolf
09-13-2009, 03:40 PM
I don't know what it is about this team over the years ...Everytime the "P" word is said through out the city , this team lays a goose egg...

This team reminds me of a 16 year old teenager that thinks it knows the world and wants hang with the adults, only to find out that he isn't ready for the big boys and still a teenager with a lot to learn

(no offense to the teenagers on the board, just an analogy)

Thorn
09-13-2009, 03:41 PM
Although the team played like shit, what was with the fans. Less than half the crowd had white on. The fans were shut down faster than Schaub was. The team deserved the boos, but that was dissappointing as someone that doesn't have the oppurtunity to go to the game.

Go easy on the negative reps!!!!!

You shouldn't get negative reps for expressing your opinion. At least I hope not.

Wolf
09-13-2009, 03:41 PM
The worst part watching the game? Seeing Steve Slaton in there. I was wanting to see more of Chris Brown after Slaton's poor start. Brown had 3 carries for 15 yards, while Slaton had 9 carries for 17.

I have never seen Slaton run so timid .. I understand Jacoby and all his studder steps but there was no run with authority (except for maybe two times) with Slaton

Big Lou
09-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Og almost forgot, what was with the body language of the Offense?!?!?!?!?

Let see some fire!!!! Especially OD, must be mad about not getting paid...

OzzO
09-13-2009, 03:44 PM
The inabilty of our defense knowing how to tackle, perhaps wrap up a player.

The abilty of our secondary to be juked out of close coverage

The lack of (decent) pressure, much less a sack of the noob quaterback to rattle him at least a bit

The all Slaton show Schaub put on in the first half.

The dink and dunks... visions of HWSNBM

Not opening it up till down in points, late in the 3rd - nice to give the opposing team a good start I guess.

The crotchery / washington show - umm... perhaps someone cover before they get to the first down marker?

The crowd out of it after the 1st quarter (at least on the tube) till we returned an INT for a TD (no fault of y'all, I was out of it as well)

That "it's only preseason" leads to "it's only one game".... only have 16 total games, boys and girls, to continue on. Each one counts.

The good thing - at least our coach kept his mouth from gaping open the whole game.

Wolf6151
09-13-2009, 03:47 PM
For me it's a tie between the O-line and the Coaching staff. I'm not sure which was more pathetic.

JCTexan
09-13-2009, 03:48 PM
I have never seen Slaton run so timid .. I understand Jacoby and all his studder steps but there was no run with authority (except for maybe two times) with Slaton

Brown ran the ball better then Slaton today. After seeing that 11 yard carry from Brown, and Slaton starting slow, I would of used Brown a little more in the offense.

ESAD2-14
09-13-2009, 04:02 PM
Any idea on the Time Of Possession for this game?

Had to be very bad against the Texans.

Worst part: Tackling, allowing first downs every(so it seemed anyway) 3rd down for the Jets. Watching our Offense get punked for 4 quarters in all aspects. Watching our defense get punked by a ROOKIE QB.

I was not surprised to hear the Boo's rain down, and in all honesty the Team and the Coaches showed nothing on the field today to have expected anything else.

Wolf
09-13-2009, 04:04 PM
about 39 minutes to 21

Goldensilence
09-13-2009, 04:06 PM
The fact that we made another rookie QB look like a Pro Bowler. What is with this crap!!!!

This. This was to me the worst part. Again having a rookie or perennially mediocre qb come in and slice the team up. They could not get a third down stop to save their lives. I could list on and on though.

Added to that it's a USC QB. I freaking hate USC.

imatexan
09-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Not scoring a TD on offense.

keyser
09-13-2009, 05:12 PM
Who could pick just one worst part? For me, the worst parts would be:

- The interior of our OL getting consistently blown up
- The inability of our offense to stop or take advantage of the blitz
- Lack of holes opened up by our OL in the running game
- Slaton starting out the game looking tentative, and unlike his last-year-self
- Schaub getting extremely rattled after being hit several times, and making poor throws
- Poor tackling (continuing the preseason trend - OK, maybe not quite as bad as in preseason, but still bad)
- Inability of our defense (continuing last year's trend) to stop the other team on third down.
- Inability of our blitzes (except for one that I remember...) to actually result in sacks or force errors (why is it that our blitzes almost always seem to get picked up, while other teams get right through our OL?)
- Stupid mistakes (some penalties that extended drives or negated good plays, and at least one mental mistake in coverage resulting in a NY touchdown).

MEGA SWATT
09-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Matt Schaub--he is a fragile, dumb, pathetic inaccurate excuse for a QB.

m5kwatts
09-14-2009, 12:19 PM
I can't believe how unprepared we were for that game. I've been a defender of Kubiak, always in his corner defending him. After that game I have nothing to say for him, that was a pathetic, horrible, arrogant, dumb, and naive gameplan. I'm absolutely stunned at how we showed out in that game.

chicagotexan2
09-14-2009, 12:22 PM
They kept blizting and we NEVER EVER answered or changed the scheme.

m5kwatts
09-14-2009, 12:39 PM
They kept blizting and we NEVER EVER answered or changed the scheme.

The gameplan should've been loaded with blitz counters, in fact our entire gameplan should've been anti-blitz offense. Dear God the fact that we were so caught off guard by something thats obvious to even fans is scary. And to think I used to think we had a smart coaching staff.

badboy
09-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Chaun Thompson's two personal penalties, watching Oline fail to keep David Carr er Matt Schaub on his feet, Ryan's penalty for taunting (way to go pro bowler), realizing that if AJ is taken out of a game, we don't seem to have an answer with the other FIVE options!

BSofA04
09-14-2009, 01:32 PM
The worst part was me driving 200 miles to see this game in person. Could've saved my money and be pissed off at home.

hadaad
09-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Having to wait a week to see what the team does to respond to being labeled as 'soft'.

I want to see them, now that their pride has been challenged.

badboy
09-14-2009, 02:35 PM
The worst part was me driving 200 miles to see this game in person. Could've saved my money and be pissed off at home.I agree that would be tough. I drive a convertible and all that spit and slobber would have irritated other drivers. My driving would have been lousy also.

Norg
09-14-2009, 02:40 PM
Yea the worst part sitting in the stadium watching kids stacking up there Ballon hands trying to get on camera

The hole stadium being dead with anger and dissopement

thinking how can rookie Qb come into houston all thime and look like Sure fire hall of famers while our like 7 year Vet QB...well he wasent even running he just took hits all day

Jackie Chiles
09-14-2009, 02:56 PM
The worst thing about that game is that any bystander that followed the story lines leading up to this game knew that Rex Ryan came in here and thought he was going to push us around and have his way with this team. Somehow the only people that didn't know about it were the guys that played against his team. How could Gary not issue a challenge to our team before this game even started. How the heck could they come out so flat and lay down so easily? The more I think about it the more it just pisses me off. I played 4 years of college baseball for a famous local coach and all he wanted on his team were "junkyard dogs." And that was baseball for crying out loud. Were the h*** are our junkyard dogs?

V Man
09-14-2009, 03:27 PM
The worst thing is the day after (I am a middle school teacher in SA (dallas south, with my Texans posters adorned around my classroom). And having to listen to teenagers all day come into my class and say. "Man, your team suxs" and not be able to argue with them.:crying:

gwallaia
09-14-2009, 04:36 PM
I blame the refs for this loss.
:sarcasm:

Khari
09-14-2009, 06:23 PM
i got shit from about 5 people at work about how bad we looked...great Monday :pop:

BigBull17
09-14-2009, 06:31 PM
Watching team after team win 1-4 games, then make the play offs. Yet we cant get above 8. We just stay the course, and get our teeth kicked in.

TEXANS84
09-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Watching the Jets constantly send 5-6 defenders at Schaub every play, yet we sent 4 players 85% of the time.

dickieb
09-14-2009, 09:52 PM
Worst part is living out of state and having to watch all your games at a sports bar and every year you walk in on opening day optomistic about the offseason and you get laughed at leaving the place. At least you guys get to watch the game around other Texans fans at the game or in the privacy of your own home. I catch a ton of hell everytime we lay an egg, I'm always the only Texans fan I know - except for you guys. I will always be a Texan and always be behind my team (I hate fickle fans) but that's the worst part for me. Having to take the humiliation in public!

utahmark
09-14-2009, 10:53 PM
the worst part is that i flew in from utah. i planned my whole vacation around watching the texans on opening day. bought 4 tickets in the bull pen and then have to sit there through that @#@#.

TexansFanatic
09-14-2009, 11:09 PM
The worst part is that there's no end in sight. The worst part is that we've seen this crappy product on the field for over seven years and it looks like it's going to be at least eight before we seen anything resembling a winner.

steelbtexan
09-14-2009, 11:34 PM
the worst part is that i flew in from utah. i planned my whole vacation around watching the texans on opening day. bought 4 tickets in the bull pen and then have to sit there through that @#@#.

I feel for you Mark

texanhead08
09-14-2009, 11:45 PM
We blitzed on the td when the guy was wide open. Thats usually what happens when you blitz and don't get to the qb. I don't trust the db's on this team anymore that I trust our soft o-line.

The one bright spot sunday was Cushing played better than I expected seeing he missed most of the pre season.

LonerATO
09-15-2009, 12:02 AM
Thats because Cushing doesn't take any plays off and I'm sure coming from a program like USC he hates and I mean hates to lose.

TexansBlood
09-15-2009, 10:40 AM
Worse part was seeing Jenkings bull dozed Myers every single play....

badboy
09-15-2009, 12:21 PM
Awk! It has gotten worse. I walked down to the lake last evening and one of my neighbors was fishing. He is a Dallas fan and had to rub it in. I told him I was going to improve his chances of catching a big fish. I asked him if he knew what "chumming" is. He got real serious and eyes got rather large and then asked me if I was still moving this weekend. He then said "you know I was kidding about the Texans right?" I replied, "Sure. You know I was real serious about the chumming right?" I don't think he will miss me when I am gone.

gtexan02
09-15-2009, 12:24 PM
The sheer joy on Mark Sanchez's face

beerlover
09-15-2009, 12:27 PM
the worst part is the Texans were never in the game despite being down only 3 points early. there was no parity to this match-up, not even close.