PDA

View Full Version : The Good News Thread:

gtexan02
09-13-2009, 03:00 PM
1. Our run defense actually looked pretty good for the first 30 minutes they were on the field. If our offense could have held on to the ball for more than 2-3 plays per possesion, maybe we would have seen them play a complete game. We really bottled up both TJones and Washington for the first 3 quarters

2. We're in the running for another top 10 pick, and since this is the last year before the rookie salaries get slotted, maybe some good players will come out.

Thats all

PapaL
09-13-2009, 03:02 PM
*cough*Taylor Mays*cough*

Thorn
09-13-2009, 03:03 PM
So, are we back to bitching about the O line again? It's an old *****, but it seems to be still true.

eriadoc
09-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Busing looked like he could be our best safety. Oh wait, that's not good, is it? I get confused.

OK, how about this - in the same vein as your comment about our run defense stopping them for the first half - our defense stopped the Jets on 1st and 2nd down quite a bit today. That's good, right?

Ryan
09-13-2009, 03:04 PM
Either mays or Bradford/mccoy

eriadoc
09-13-2009, 03:04 PM
So, are we back to bitching about the O line again? It's an old *****, but it seems to be still true.

We've never had a good O-line, it's just that it got better from the '02 and '03 versions. Also, our QB today made the line look bad on the few plays where they actually did well. As did our QB in the past.

Maddict5
09-13-2009, 03:09 PM
our offence sucked against the steelers last year (& @ the titans in week 2 :() before becoming a top 3 unit. if they do that again with the D we had today, i think we still have a shot

LonerATO
09-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Either mays or Bradford/mccoy

I wouldnt mind Max Hall as a QB in the later rounds and Earl Thomas as a Safety for our first pick

Trail.Blazr
09-13-2009, 03:14 PM
our offence sucked against the steelers last year (& @ the titans in week 2 :() before becoming a top 3 unit. if they do that again with the D we had today, i think we still have a shot

I am a fool... I'll buy it.

mussop
09-13-2009, 03:14 PM
We've never had a good O-line, it's just that it got better from the '02 and '03 versions. Also, our QB today made the line look bad on the few plays where they actually did well. As did our QB in the past.

Look at the sig! :gun:

Historyhorn
09-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Could the good news be that the season has only 16 games and not 17....at least we know we can only tie the Lions from last year and not beat their record for futility.

We suck.

Go Texans

DiehardChris
09-13-2009, 03:16 PM
1. Our run defense actually looked pretty good for the first 30 minutes they were on the field. If our offense could have held on to the ball for more than 2-3 plays per possesion, maybe we would have seen them play a complete game. We really bottled up both TJones and Washington for the first 3 quarters

2. We're in the running for another top 10 pick, and since this is the last year before the rookie salaries get slotted, maybe some good players will come out.

Thats all

Our run defense looking good for the first 30 minutes doesn't mean anything. Part of stopping a run-oriented offense is that they wear you down. You stop them early, but then they keep at it and ram it down your throat. There's nothing positive about stopping a running team for one half.

mariowillshine15
09-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Eric Berry FTW

Wolf
09-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Our run defense looking good for the first 30 minutes doesn't mean anything. Part of stopping a run-oriented offense is that they wear you down. You stop them early, but then they keep at it and ram it down your throat. There's nothing positive about stopping a running team for one half.

i'd say our run defense did stop them until the 4th quarter and yes wore down

f'ing 3rd down and longs killed us and couldn't get the defense off of the field

last I saw sanches was 10-12 for about 140 yards with 8 first downs on 3rd downs

DexmanC
09-13-2009, 03:22 PM
I think this team has been through it before, and next week they will
step up and bring it to Tennessee. Whether it's good enough, who
knows?

The Slaton fumble at the 15 yard line was a killer, though.

Goldensilence
09-13-2009, 03:26 PM
I think this team has been through it before, and next week they will
step up and bring it to Tennessee. Whether it's good enough, who
knows?

The Slaton fumble at the 15 yard line was a killer, though.

Yeah overall the Slaton fumble did kill us when we were getting some momentum.

Pathetic performance overall.

DiehardChris
09-13-2009, 03:56 PM
i'd say our run defense did stop them until the 4th quarter and yes wore down

f'ing 3rd down and longs killed us and couldn't get the defense off of the field

last I saw sanches was 10-12 for about 140 yards with 8 first downs on 3rd downs

It doesn't matter that they stopped the run for part of the game!

That's what run-oriented teams do - they run it, and they KEEP running it until the other team wears down. That's exactly what happened. It was the Jets' gameplan.

Wolf
09-13-2009, 03:57 PM
the good news: uhh we will have the same record as 1/2 the teams in the league

and our loss wasn't against a division opponent :user:

San Antonio Texan
09-13-2009, 03:58 PM

Yes this game, if they can't respond to change, then be very affraid.

Wolf
09-13-2009, 03:58 PM
It doesn't matter that they stopped the run for part of the game!

That's what run-oriented teams do - they run it, and they KEEP running it until the other team wears down. That's exactly what happened. It was the Jets' gameplan.

will I agree but with a few secondary stops and the defense gets off the field , then the jets don't have the ball for 39 minutes

guys wear down..

what can one say

ESAD2-14
09-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Good News: apparently Horse Collar tackles are legal forms of tackling again.

Brisco_County
09-13-2009, 04:42 PM
Good news: Mike Shanahan is still available.

mussop
09-13-2009, 05:09 PM
I saved a bunch of money by switching to Guyco!

Goatcheese
09-13-2009, 05:15 PM
I have very good news: Even with the sickening feeling this game left in my stomach, bacon still tastes like win.

So go forth, acquire bacon and rejoice!

:texflag:

brakos82
09-13-2009, 05:17 PM
I have very good news: Even with the sickening feeling this game left in my stomach, bacon still tastes like win.

So go forth, acquire bacon and rejoice!

:texflag:

Artery-clogging deliciousness FTW! :thisbig:

MEGA SWATT
09-13-2009, 05:17 PM
We still have Football in Houston.

The bad news: We still suck.

Runner
09-13-2009, 05:20 PM

I am confident we'll see the offense come around. I am not confident the defense will stay at this level.

Runner
09-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Good News: apparently Horse Collar tackles are legal forms of tackling again.

Saw one in the Giants game too. Said it was OK because the receiver was "spinning".

keyser
09-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Well, I thought Mario had a pretty good game, overall. Although no sacks, he was getting pressure on Sanchez, and seemed to be in on a lot of games. I guess this is to be expected, but it was still good to see him playing well today.

I also noticed Amobi doing some good things in today's game. He was one of my big worries beforehand, but I really don't have much of a complaint with him today.

And it's not exactly good news, but I actually thought Duane Brown had an OK game today, at least on the plays I was watching him. I didn't see the player he blocked getting by him (sometimes on a blitz, another player would come around his side, though), and I saw a few good blocks. I haven't been a fan of his, so I was somewhat pleasantly surprised with his performance today. Considering how poorly our OL did today, I consider it "good" that they weren't uniformly horrible...

mattieuk
09-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Saw one in the Giants game too. Said it was OK because the receiver was "spinning".

Yea, saw that. Surely complete bull?

A horse collar is a horse collar...

Fred
09-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Good news - Eric Berry and Taylor Mays will both still be available when our 1st round pick comes up. And our new coach will be willing to draft a safety before the 7th round.

mattieuk
09-13-2009, 05:33 PM
We're not the St Louis Rams....

TexansSeminole
09-13-2009, 05:33 PM
The comment about how our offense sucked against Pittsburgh last year, I don't get the logic. Pittsburgh had the #1 defense last year, with the best defensive coordinator in the NFL. A coach that has been in Pittsbugh for many years. Our team today played a Jets defense with a rookie head coach.

I also don't understand the optimism about our defense. We gave up 462 yards today. The Jets moved the ball at will against us with a rookie QB.

Khari
09-13-2009, 05:39 PM
the good news is peterson got me 40+ points in fantasy footballz.......

gwallaia
09-13-2009, 05:40 PM
We still have Football in Houston.

And they play on Cullen Blvd.

nut
09-13-2009, 05:42 PM
The good news, are you kidding me? If that game game didn't make you sick to your stomach from top to bottom, I will never understand it. The purpose of playing is to win.

eriadoc
09-13-2009, 05:46 PM
And they play on Cullen Blvd.

Hell yeah! OK, I'm in a little better mood now.