PDA

View Full Version : No more "it's just preseason" crap - ever again

eriadoc
09-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Preseason may not be much of an indicator for some teams, but it's been a surefire omen for the Texans. Anyone making the excuse of it's just preseason next year needs to be hung up and flogged.

:aggressive:

Bubbajwp
09-13-2009, 01:59 PM
Its just the first game there still rusty.

LOL

swtbound07
09-13-2009, 02:00 PM
And as an addendum, no more

Pressure from the DL makes the secondary look great!

Runner
09-13-2009, 02:19 PM
How about O-line needs time to gel.

False Start
09-13-2009, 02:35 PM

I was going to type that, lol.

eriadoc
09-13-2009, 02:36 PM

They're already soft as Jello, how much more gelling do they need to do?

SICLICK
09-13-2009, 02:40 PM
How bout:
We lost our 1st game last season guys....relax.

I'm at bw3s watching cowboys fans celebrate.

I tell ya its hard being a Texans fan.

Runner
09-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Next week is gut check time. That's when we'll know who the Texans are.

What about this week?

jaayteetx
09-13-2009, 02:43 PM
This f-ing blows!!! pathetic, ya we lost our first game last year too, and what did that lead us too?!? 8-8. This team plays well when nothing is on the line, thats about it.

gtexan02
09-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Why? Our run defense looked horrible in the preseason, and until the d had been on the field for 45 minutes, looked pretty great today. Our offense and OL actually looked competent in the preseason, and horrific today. It doesn't matter. We're just a crappy team

HTown2ATX
09-13-2009, 03:13 PM
I agree, all pre-season all I heard was all the arm chair quarterbacks, gms, coaches and playstation experts tell us who were concerned that we were idiots and to basically STFU! I wish I had been wrong, and them right. I love this team and hate when they lose, but now it is they that need to STFU! I'm damn tired of losing and being a loser by association. I'm not saying that this season is over by any means, but (in Jim Mora voice) playoffs? playoffs? don't talk about playoffs. playoffs? hope i'm wrong on that too, but the titans aint a joke and we go to their house. i love the optimism some have but at some point you gotta take them rose glasses off.

imatexan
09-13-2009, 04:08 PM
This loss has nothing to do with pre-season.

Our Offense was good during the pre-season and our D was terrible.

That was not what we saw today.

Wolf
09-13-2009, 04:09 PM

wow, I about spit tea out

:spit:

Texecutioner
09-13-2009, 05:13 PM
Hhhmmmm, are the people that have insulted myself and a few others over and over for a long period of time for saying that Kubiak wasn't a winner coming out of the wood works now and bashing ole Kubes????

This game was no surprise to me. I've never had confidence in Kubiak. SO many people have chastised anyone that would criticize the guy for years now. It's the same ole same ole.

Texans just got whooped at home by a rookie QB and rookie HC.

Marcus
09-13-2009, 05:53 PM
This thread . . . . . is going to have long legs . . . long enough to get bumped to the top of the board next preseason.

:turtle:

Runner
09-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Hhhmmmm, are the people that have insulted myself and a few others over and over for a long period of time for saying that Kubiak wasn't a winner coming out of the wood works now and bashing ole Kubes????

A couple of more games like this, and I don't think the former will have ever existed.

Runner
09-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Oh - it was just one game.

Again.

Texecutioner
09-13-2009, 07:34 PM
A couple of more games like this, and I don't think the former will have ever existed.

You were one of the main guys that I firmly remember didn't act like Kubes was a god for going 8-8 Runner.

It's interesting though after one game now that the worshipers of this average coach all want him canned after one game now though. Boy, how quickly certain fans bounce on who they've called the next "Fisher of the NFL."