PDA

View Full Version : The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

eriadoc
11-09-2010, 11:17 PM
fixed the punctuation there and BTW if they tried to excecute Jacoby, it wouldnt work he would drop the bullet

LOL, I'm just inserting a little levity is all. :)

thunderkyss
11-10-2010, 07:15 AM
Thunderkyss,

If, somehow, they finish with 10 wins and make the playoffs... even 9 and the playoffs (not gonna happen), I'll go with you down this line of thinking. But, 5 years of unfettered opportunity to build the team, get the talent and coaches in place... he has to cash that in. If, after five years they can't accomplish one 10 win season, then either they are acquiring the wrong talent, aren't developing the talent well, are unable to scheme to win, or are making other costly decisions detrimental to the franchise. Last year, I believed Kubiak deserved one last season, with his guys, to prove whether or not he could do it. So far, I'm thoroughly disappointed.

I've never said any different. If he got this thing turned around in 3 years I think he would have done an amazing job. If he did it in 4, good job. If he does it in 5...meah.... not bad.

But if he can't do it in 5, he can't do it.

I wouldn't say I'm thoroughly disappointed. There are reasons this team should be 2-6 right now. There are reasons this team should be 7-1. We're 4-4...... Not as good as it should be. Not as bad as it could be.

He's got everything set up against him (IMO) to have to do some damn good coaching to pull this off (6-2 over the next 8). If he's a damn good coach (& I think he is) he'll do it. If he's not, he won't.

Whether or not he'll be here next year isn't even a concern for me right now. I've got no control of that. The only preference that I have (that he stays) is conditional on how we finish this season.

thunderkyss
11-10-2010, 07:20 AM
The 2-14 Texans were essentially the same team that went 7-9 the
year before. That 2-14 talent was good enough to go 7-9. Kubiak
took the 2-14 team to 6-10. They have not improved from mediocre
since. The Saints' 3-13 situation is NOT dissimilar from the Texans 2-14
situation. They only have 2 NFC Championship Games and a Superbowl
to speak for it.

You're right, the situations are extremely similar.

Other than the fact that Haslett left a probowl running back, WR, tackle (& RG I think)... other than Peyton being allowed to get a pro-bowl corner back, other than Peyton not having to start half a dozen rookies out of necessity.......

Completely similar.

They also made the decision to invest in FAs...... we did not. Like it or not, McNair seems to be good with that decision, which mean to build primarily through the draft, which will naturally take longer.

But other than that, same situation.

:sarcasm:

thunderkyss
11-10-2010, 07:22 AM
Yes, they have the talent (sans some aspects on Defense) but Kubiak has had too long with no results. This season is not over yet, but seriously look at the schedule ahead. I mean for real, for real.... If we don't make playoffs this year and by your own admission of the talent we have...Kubes stays?!?!

You'll have to be more specific, I'm seeing results all over the place. Maybe not what you want to see, but the results are there, and some of it is good.

No playoffs thius year = something must change...ASAP

I'm not saying any different.

thunderkyss
11-10-2010, 07:31 AM
Hold it, Hold it.

Thunder, you don't agree with firing Marinelli? You think it's ok that he went 0-16?

Dude, I have heard everything. I have no freaking words.

No offense, but the more you talk, the more you lose credibility.

I think it's ridiculous to look at a team like Detroit with everything they went through that season (Orlovsky started what 7 games??) & look at their W-L record as the final end all be all results of that season.

Sure that's all that counts in the NFL.

But how many games did you expect them to win? 4?? So for 12 games of the season, they did exactly what you expected them to, & failed to win the 4 games someone penciled in....... really?

3 years ago I took over coaching my 8U softball team. Some of the girls had just moved up from 6U some of the girls had never swung a bat or ran a base in their lives. We played all the teams in this area, & the only game we won, was the game against a team in a similar situation, & it's not like we blew them out.

The parents were disappointed, the girls were disappointed. I told them they had no reason to be. Their girls did an excellent job, they played hard, they learned the game, & they were much better at the end of the season than they were when the season started. Some girls didn't come back.

We had a losing record the next year. Same thing, same disappointment, same speech. Some girls didn't come back.

our third year, we were undefeated in our league & won 1st or second place in 6 local tournaments & placed in the top 25 at the state tournament.

Now, everybody wants to be on our team when we move up to 10U.... I told this years parents, the ones that stuck with us since we moved up to 8U to expect the same thing going to the next level.

gafftop
11-10-2010, 08:03 AM
Kubiak is not saying this but I think he realizes he made a mistake taking out Foster when Foster did not ask to be taken out in the 3rd q in the red zone.(Or at least I hope so) Then again he COULD be like Carr who said i never really thought about how many TOs I have or that they hurt the team. Just never considered it. Kubiak is a nice guy, but I could see him getting completely outsmarted when he was a kid. Why because I can see him as an adult completeing getting outsmarted every week. Could it be that he doesn't understand completely that details matter. Could it be that he doesn't umderstand that one play can make a difference. How else can you explain him taking out Foster in the red zone in a must win game. And that was a must win game guys whether you realize it or not. I think when he is finally let go, sooner I hope than later, but I am afraid much later, he will say that one of his mistakes was not having a sense of URGENCY to win every game. He tried to plan for the future not understanding that the only thing that mattered was to win every week. He just doesn't seem to get IT. The future will take care of itself if you do everything you can do all the time to win NOW.

thunderkyss
11-10-2010, 08:14 AM
Is there a single coach you don't like?

I don't like Wisenhunt. I think he took a team that was on the upswing, & he's got them on a down cycle.

I don't like McDaniels.... even I'm saying WTF??

I don't know that we've seen Caldwell coach yet... not that I don't like him, I just don't know.

I don't like Chan Gailey.... I think he was a yes man in Dallas, & let himself get fired for being a yes man. I like what's happening in Buffalo right now (very surprised).

I don't like Pete Carroll.... he's a fine coach, I just don't like him.

I'm not a big fan of Brad Childress... another fine coach, but maybe not a head coach.

Not a big fan of Andy Reid's.... a fine head coach, no doubt. I just think he didn't help McNabb grow as a player/leader. That IMO is the only reason they hadn't won a Super Bowl. McNabb is the same kid ("I don't want to be a leader") guy that he was when he came into the league. He's a big reason for a much of the success in Philladelphia, but if a Super Bowl Championship is the goal, all those NFC Championship games (in what I thought at the time was a weak NFC) doesn't really mean a whole lot.

thunderkyss
11-10-2010, 08:43 AM
How long does it take for a coach to "finish" the job, TK? This question has nothing to do with Schwartz or Kubiak.

How many years of .500 type of football do you think is too many before you fire a head coach?

Every situation is different.

If I've got a top 10 defense in place like Cable did with the Oakland Raiders, I wouldn't think it would take him 2 years to start playing respectable football. To me, that's 7-9 to 9-7.

The 2005 Texans 7-9 season doesn't count for me, because that team obviously was a 4-12 to 7-9 team.

Our first 8-8 year didn't mean anything more to me than that 7-9 season. The second 8-8 season told me that's where we were. A solid middle of the road team. 2008.... 2009, I think that was a 10 win team, we only won 9, could have won 11...

This year, I firmly believe we have a 10 win team. 9 games ain't going to cut it. Had he not come up short (in my mind) last year, maybe I'd give him credit for what he's dealing with now. Had he exceeded my expectations, got 11 wins or 12 wins last season, maybe a 9-7 or 8-8 season would be over looked right now (by me). But he didn't.

He underperformed the team (my opinion), the team he built in 2009, so he gets no excuses (I've never said any different for 2010).

It sucks for him that he had to draw this schedule this year. But to under-perform his team two years in a row shouldn't be acceptable.

Marinelli was putting together a good team. Shwartz appears to be continuing that. I don't follow the Lions as closely as the Texans, so I don't know how far along they really are. I don't know the leadership situation or the injury situation, or the age of the talent. So I can't say how long "finish" would be in that situation. But anything less than 4 full seasons can't be right. Meaning if they fire him after year 3 I would think that was a little early.

Firing Jauron after what 2 years in Buffalo?? I don't remember, but I don't think he even finished his second year.

In my opinion, if you haven't gotten it done (atleast the playoffs) after four years you need to be examined very closely.

This situation was different... I think McNair had a "do the right thing by my players" attitude that kept people on this roster, that Kubiak had to deal with. David Carr is only the most blatant one, & Kris Brown may have been one as well.

The QB thing is so important I don't have a problem giving Kubiak an extra year.

This year it's completely different for me already.

I have seen enough. I guess 5 years is where I really, truly draw my line.

Exactly...... for me it's different because this team is the team he wanted. He's got the Co-ordinators he wanted. & many of these guys (his guys) have been here 3 years or longer.

The only difference between me & the soapers, is that I'm willing to give him till the end of the year to prove what kind of coach he is. The soapers feel they have seen enough.

Nothing wrong with that.

thunderkyss
11-10-2010, 08:53 AM
How else can you explain him taking out Foster in the red zone in a must win game.

Because Ward has shown to perform extremely well in those same situations.

Hervoyel
11-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Offended me? Not at all. I just need to get used to the fact that a bunch of you people have already written the season off, even though we are only halfway through and not out of it at all.

And it won't matter to you what we do the rest of the season, even if we win out, 'cause Kubiak is a lame-ass mediocre coach. And every fumble or interception is his fault.

But anyone that thinks that Justice is "spot-on" about anything is questionably a lame-ass mediocre fan in my opinion.

It's not impossible for Justice to be right about something. Improbable I'll admit but not impossible. With something as obvious as this subject I'd think his chances are even better to be right.

Call me a lame-ass mediocre fan I guess because Justice was spot-on with that article.

JB
11-10-2010, 09:22 AM
It's not impossible for Justice to be right about something. Improbable I'll admit but not impossible. With something as obvious as this subject I'd think his chances are even better to be right.

Call me a lame-ass mediocre fan I guess because Justice was spot-on with that article.

Yeah, I probably came on a bit strong with my hate for Justice there. I just can't get myself to read anything he writes objectively.

Hervoyel
11-10-2010, 09:29 AM
It's all about perspective.

I don't think you can compare our franchise to those. They've had success, they had vets, who knew how to be vets. If you put Kubiak on any of those teams when those coaches took over, no doubt in my mind they would have had as much success if not more.

We didn't have anything. What we did get in the expansion draft, Capers & Casserly pretty much dumped before the 2-14 season.

Compare this club to the Detroit Lions of 2002, the 49ers of 2002, the Cardinals of 2002. & what we've got here isn't very much different.

The Cardinals of course seems to be the best franchise of that bunch. Denny Green IMHO left a much better team for Wisenhunt than Capers left for Casserly. I don't know that Green couldn't have taken the team Wisenhunt took to the Super Bowl. I think Green was let go to early & that team would look better now, if Green was still there. Wisenhunt (IMHO) isn't as good as putting a team together (at least he hasn't shown it) than Green was.

That's the fear I have, of losing Kubiak. This team is good enough (IMHO) to get to the play-offs & make a strong push for the Super Bowl. Looks mediocre now, I know.... we're dealing with adversity (everybody does, every season) we're getting ours now, & I think it'll all work out in the end. We'll make a Super Bowl push & I like Kubiak & Smith keeping that going next year, and the year after, and the year after.

I liked what Marinelli was able to do in Detroit. I don't agree with his firing. But they've been messing around with coaches while keeping a bad GM & they hadn't been able to build the foundation a franchise needs until Marinelli got there. I like what Shwartz is doing there. I think he put together a good draft, had a great offseason & I think he will do well if they allow him the time to finish.

I liked what Mike Nolan was doing in San Francisco but they fired him too early (expectations too high). I like Singletary, I think he would have had more success taking over a more veteran team. If he gets fired in San Fran because of what they are going through now (which I don't think they would be going through with Nolan) he may not get a chance to be a head coach again.

This is our 9th season. The most success we've had in the last 9 years, is a 9-7 season. It doesn't make sense to compare Kubiak to Ryan who took over a 9-7 team with pro bowl guards & a history & tradition we can't even compare....

Or an Atlanta Falcons team that had been to the NFC championship game in that 9 year period. Or a Miami team with a top 10 defense.

(Emphasis... well let's just say "it's on me")

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/yoda.gif

That is why you fail.

If you're sitting here in 2010 and telling me that you can't hold our franchise up to the same standard that the other 31 are held up to because we have only had 9 drafts and 9 shots at free agency and because we've only had approximately a decade to establish an identity then I think you need to turn around, go back out that door, and think about the nature of what you're selling here.

Maybe we should just take a little trip to namby-pamby land to go find the Texans some confidence and an identity?

houstonspartan
11-10-2010, 10:25 AM
(Emphasis... well "it's on me")

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/yoda.gif

That is why you fail.

If you're sitting here in 2010 and telling me that you can't hold our franchise up to the same standard that the other 31 are held up to because we have only had 9 drafts and 9 shots at free agency and because we've only had approximately a decade to establish an identity then I think you need to turn around, go back out that door, and think about the nature of what you're selling here.

Maybe we should just take a little trip to namby-pamby land to go find the Texans some confidence and an identity?

I think Thunder is just on here just for shits and giggles, and isn't really interested in serious, rational football talk. He's clearly saying and posting things to get people riled up. He lost me with saying that Detroit shouldn't have fired its coach after not winning a single game in one season.

He likes Rod Marinelli, who made history with the first winless season, but doesn't like Andy Reid and Ken Wisenhunt, coaches that have had massive success.

Um, Ok.

gafftop
11-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Because Ward has shown to perform extremely well in those same situations.

Ward is not Foster. Foster did not ask for a blow, he was taken out. I think it is very possible if the same 2 plays were called with Foster in the outcome would have been different. The most important thing is you don't take the best player out during that situation. I repeat Kubiak has no sense of URGENCY. This team has no sense of URGENCY. Kubiak wants to save for the future. He wants that strong finish when it really doesn't matter any more. A win is a win. JUST WIN BABY!

On the other hand I don't think you get rid of him midyear unless the players quit on him or he commits an unpardonable act and that has not happened yet. I think if they go 0-4 in the next 4 games you may need to consider it if the coach you want is available. Don't laugh 0-4 is very possible. 1-3 is probable. I hope all of you get to post at how idiotic my post was 4 games from now. thanks

Hervoyel
11-10-2010, 10:52 AM
Ward is not Foster. Foster did not ask for a blow, he was taken out. I think it is very possible if the same 2 plays were called with Foster in the outcome would have been different. The most important thing is you don't take the best player out during that situation. I repeat Kubiak has no sense of URGENCY. This team has no sense of URGENCY. Kubiak wants to save for the future. He wants that strong finish when it really doesn't matter any more. A win is a win. JUST WIN BABY!

On the other hand I don't think you get rid of him midyear unless the players quit on him or he commits an unpardonable act and that has not happened yet. I think if they go 0-4 in the next 4 games you may need to consider it if the coach you want is available. Don't laugh 0-4 is very possible. 1-3 is probable. I hope all of you get to post at how idiotic my post was 4 games from now. thanks

See, that's where I'm coming from. I absolutely believe that now, following the San Diego loss we are looking at a team that's going nowhere in a season that will end below .500 by at least a game, maybe two.

I believe we're looking at a coach who should be in his last year.

I also believe that I will be more than happy to be pointed at and laughed at for saying that if we're all trying to find playoff tickets at the end of the year.

thunderkyss
11-10-2010, 11:22 AM
If you're sitting here in 2010 and telling me that you can't hold our franchise up to the same standard that the other 31 are held to...

Not at all what I said.

The Packers, Saints and Vikings hired head coaches the same off-season the Texans hired Kubiak, and they've each gone to the playoffs twice.

The Cardinals, Falcons, Ravens and Dolphins changed coaches since Kubiak was hired, and they've all been to the playoffs.

I said don't compare us to those teams.

I said compare us to the Cardinals (not since Wisenhunt took over, but since Denny Green took over & I think you'll see a lot of similarities), the Lions, or the 49ers.

Hervoyel
11-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Not at all what I said.

I said don't compare us to those teams.

I said compare us to the Cardinals (not since Wisenhunt took over, but since Denny Green took over & I think you'll see a lot of similarities), the Lions, or the 49ers.

And the simple fact is the Texans come up short when compared to all but a handful of teams over the last 9 years. The last thing in the world anyone can offer as an excuse after 5 drafts and 5 years of free agency is "But look what I had to start with".

Gary could have coached any of those teams to a bright, shiny .500 record and a bunch of bone-headed highlights and "It's on me" press conference moments. Not one thing more.

The only comparison I'm interested in making with the Texans is to teams that win consistently and contend for the title year in and year out. If we're not one of those then we've failed. If Bob McNair doesn't see it that way then he's cut out to be a profitable NFL owner but not a good one or a winning one.

thunderkyss
11-10-2010, 11:58 AM
And the simple fact is the Texans come up short when compared to all but a handful of teams over the last 9 years. The last thing in the world anyone can offer as an excuse after 5 drafts and 5 years of free agency is "But look what I had to start with".

If we're going to ***** about the mans performance after 5 years, let's wait till after 5 years.

eriadoc
11-10-2010, 12:00 PM
If we're going to ***** about the mans performance after 5 years, let's wait till after 5 years.

I was bitching about it after four years, so I see no reason to stop now. There's a difference between bitching about his performance and demanding an immediate firing. I ***** about Schaub's performance from time to time as well. If he ever gets to the point where he stays mediocre for 72 games in a row, I'll probably suggest he be fired after the season as well.

Hervoyel
11-10-2010, 12:18 PM

"No"

He's had 5 drafts to fill the roster up with players he wanted. He's had 5 years to install his system in 5 training camps. I'm bitching about his performance right now after he has had 5 years to work on "the product". He's had his 5 years to get ready, now we're seeing what he's concocted over that time and it's fecal in nature.

We're told that you can't fix anything in the middle of a season (essentially correct). You can't fire a head coach and expect any sort of radical change. You can't find any good players who don't already have homes. You can't change a system in the week between games.

Gary's 5 years are up TK. He's failed. I don't need to see the play 8 more times to know that it sucks.

Thorn
11-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Why compare the Texans to anyone? Who cares what other teams are doing or have done with their coaches? All I care about is the fact that the HOUSTON Texans have yet to be in the playoffs.

What other teams are doing may piss me off, but has nothing to do with the fact the Texans can't get it togeather enough to even be a wildcard.

TexansSeminole
11-10-2010, 12:57 PM
The only difference between me & the soapers, is that I'm willing to give him till the end of the year to prove what kind of coach he is. The soapers feel they have seen enough.

Nothing wrong with that.

I agree, there is nothing wrong with that. I am giving him until the end of the season as well, I am just convinced that this will be another 8-8 or worse team already. I could be wrong though, of course.

thunderkyss
11-10-2010, 01:46 PM
I was bitching about it after four years, so I see no reason to stop now. There's a difference between bitching about his performance and demanding an immediate firing. I ***** about Schaub's performance from time to time as well. If he ever gets to the point where he stays mediocre for 72 games in a row, I'll probably suggest he be fired after the season as well.

Are you bitching about what he has done in 5 years?? Or are you bitching about what he has done to date?

I have no problem with the latter.

"No"

Gary's 5 years are up TK. He's failed. I don't need to see the play 8 more times to know that it sucks.

I believe different.

DexmanC
11-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Those of us who've felt the party was over after four years, have the
right to CONTINUE "bitching," as the fifth continues to prove a collossal
waste of time if we're evaluating the competency of Kubiak.

We knew it after four years, and nothing has changed in the fifth.

Start 3-1.
Go 1-3 since.
We have a .500 record, halfway through this predictable-ass year.

Unlike previous years, there are no creampuffs to save the Texans'
record after they flame out of the playoff race. When they're 5-7, or worse,
there will be no *miracle* winning streak to mask the stench of this season.

Where are all the "We're 3-1, and still leading the division" people?
Weren't a lot of us "soapers" forecasting this current 1-3 mess
we're in? Can't we use HOW the team plays, to evaluate how they
will *most likely* do against *real* teams?

We've got 8 more games in a row, *ALL* against *real* teams.
Ugly, ugly finish to this turd of the 2010 season. I've seen NOTHING
to make me believe otherwise, and will be ECSTATIC if I'm proven wrong.

....I just don't think I will be proven wrong.

thunderkyss
11-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Those of us who've felt the party was over after four years, have the
right to CONTINUE "bitching," as the fifth continues to prove a collossal
waste of time if we're evaluating the competency of Kubiak.

We knew it after four years, and nothing has changed in the fifth.

***** all you want, I don't care...... gives me someone to talk to.

I'm just saying don't ***** about what he did after 5 years, till after he's had 5 years.

If you want to ***** about what he will do in 5 years, ***** about what he will do in 5 years.

GuerillaBlack
11-10-2010, 02:17 PM

Hervoyel
11-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Are you bitching about what he has done in 5 years?? Or are you bitching about what he has done to date?

I have no problem with the latter.

I believe different.

Splitting hairs.

Double Barrel
11-10-2010, 02:24 PM
72 games is a big enough sample to evaluate a head coach in today's NFL.

houstonspartan
11-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Splitting hairs.

No shit. His rationale is ridiculus. 4.5 years into a five year same is like 75 percent. Far enough time by which to judge.

thunderkyss
11-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Splitting hairs.

Not really, because you're (not just you) upset & disappointed with this team because we haven't been to the play-offs in 9 years.

& we don't know if that is true or not.

I've asked the question many different ways on this board, & it doesn't appear that playing good football is even a concern, as long as we get into the play-offs.

We could have been 9-7 last year, beating the Jets & losing to the Sea-Hawks & everyone would have been thrilled, even though we weren't playing any better.

We don't know what's going to happen over the next 8 weeks, San Chez & LT might miss the rest of the year, Ed Reed, Ngata & Ray Lewis may miss a few games, The Cleveland Browns might win their division, we may very well win 10 games & make the play-offs.

Jets & Ravens only won 9 games last year, same as us. They look high on the hog right now, but you don't know what's going to happen in the next 8 weeks. They might hit a 4 game losing streak (like the Giants did last year). The Colts luck might run out. Randy Moss might tear that team apart.

We might win 7 of the next 8 games. There's only 3 top 10 offenses on our schedule from here on out (compared to the 6 in the first 8 games)...... Kubiak may figure out how to stick with the run game whether it looks like it's working or not. Jets & Baltimore are the only teams with truly scary defenses, the Titans are as bad as we are. & Philly keeps changing QBs every week, that powder keg may blow up in their face by the time we play them.

There are still 8 games to go.

TexansSeminole
11-10-2010, 05:01 PM
We might win 7 of the next 8 games. There's only 3 top 10 offenses on our schedule from here on out (compared to the 6 in the first 8 games)...... Kubiak may figure out how to stick with the run game whether it looks like it's working or not. Jets & Baltimore are the only teams with truly scary defenses, the Titans are as bad as we are. & Philly keeps changing QBs every week, that powder keg may blow up in their face by the time we play them.

That's because they haven't played the Texans yet.

thunderkyss
11-10-2010, 05:10 PM
That's because they haven't played the Texans yet.

I thought the same thing, but subtracting 200 yards from each of those teams wouldn't have changed their position.

DexmanC
11-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Not really, because you're (not just you) upset & disappointed with this team because we haven't been to the play-offs in 9 years.

& we don't know if that is true or not.

I've asked the question many different ways on this board, & it doesn't appear that playing good football is even a concern, as long as we get into the play-offs.

We could have been 9-7 last year, beating the Jets & losing to the Sea-Hawks & everyone would have been thrilled, even though we weren't playing any better.

We don't know what's going to happen over the next 8 weeks, San Chez & LT might miss the rest of the year, Ed Reed, Ngata & Ray Lewis may miss a few games, The Cleveland Browns might win their division, we may very well win 10 games & make the play-offs.

Jets & Ravens only won 9 games last year, same as us. They look high on the hog right now, but you don't know what's going to happen in the next 8 weeks. They might hit a 4 game losing streak (like the Giants did last year). The Colts luck might run out. Randy Moss might tear that team apart.

I'm not worried at all about what other teams gotta do.

If the TEXANS gotta win 8 games to make the playoffs, they'd
better damn-well do it. Time's up for Kubiak.
No excuses in 2010.

thunderkyss
11-10-2010, 06:32 PM
I'm not worried at all about what other teams gotta do.

If the TEXANS gotta win 8 games to make the playoffs, they'd
better damn-well do it. Time's up for Kubiak.
No excuses in 2010.

I agree, never said any different.

& you totally missed my point.

spurstexanstros
11-10-2010, 10:32 PM
TK..no point in arguing with the soapers...I mean this thread was about 4 threads deep when the Texans started the season ..jumped eight threads deep when the Texans went down 17 to the Skins and jumped up twenty after first loss..etc... etc. some of these guys have been wanting Kubiak gone regardless of the outcome of the season. I am sure if the Texans made the playoffs and loose the soapers would claim Kubiak is not the coach to take them to the next level.(Cmon admit it yall know its true)

spurstexanstros
11-10-2010, 10:35 PM
sorry my bad this thread is from last year...some people really hold grudges. sheesh this thread iis ridiculous

Texecutioner
11-10-2010, 10:39 PM
TK..no point in arguing with the soapers...I mean this thread was about 4 threads deep when the Texans started the season ..jumped eight threads deep when the Texans went down 17 to the Skins and jumped up twenty after first loss..etc... etc. some of these guys have been wanting Kubiak gone regardless of the outcome of the season. I am sure if the Texans made the playoffs and loose the soapers would claim Kubiak is not the coach to take them to the next level.(Cmon admit it yall know its true)

Well it's been like three years now, and all the arguments you've made on Kubiak's behalf on how he was going to do this and do that and move this team into the upper echelon of the NFL, and yet we're still here at the same spot we were two seasons ago making similar mistakes with a lot of the same problems and lacking the same attitude that many of us complained about then. I think at this point you owe a lot of the soapers a lot more credibility and the benefit of the doubt. It's been a lot more accurate than what you've been claiming was going to happen the last three seasons. This isn't just one season of a disagreement on this guy and his regime now. This is an argument of yours that's been a fail for three years now. At this point, you ought to be conceding to the soapers and recognizing the accuracy of our claims.

spurstexanstros
11-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Well it's been like three years now, and all the arguments you've made on Kubiak's behalf on how he was going to do this and do that and move this team into the upper echelon of the NFL, and yet we're still here at the same spot we were two seasons ago making similar mistakes with a lot of the same problems and lacking the same attitude that many of us complained about then. I think at this point you owe a lot of the soapers a lot more credibility and the benefit of the doubt. It's been a lot more accurate than what you've been claiming was going to happen the last three seasons. This isn't just one season of a disagreement on this guy and his regime now. This is an argument of yours that's been a fail for three years now. At this point, you ought to be conceding to the soapers and recognizing the accuracy of our claims.
Hmmmm ...season isnt over and that is our point. Kubiak has brought the Texans their first winning season EVER,and if it wasnt for a rollover by the colts and/or three missed kicks they would have made the playoffs. But seeing how the "soapers" seem to go mute after wins or a wins
This year and last year the games that cost us were lost by the players....even the colts game. Kubiak's playcalling put the Texans into positions to win. This year again the critical losses were due to player mistakes. When the players excecute they win.

I have yet to see any of the fire kubiak crowd give him any credit for winning..they seem to credit the players..huh..funny isnt it.

Then again im going to listen to a group of fans that probably have the soap out for the Rockets and Astros coaches. How are those coaching changes working out?

Lucky
11-10-2010, 11:06 PM
This year again the critical losses were due to player mistakes. When the players excecute they win.
Will someone please get Gary Kubiak some players that execute and don't make mistakes? Please?

I hate to see a great coach like Kubiak wasted on such lousy players.

Runner
11-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Will someone please get Gary Kubiak some players that execute and don't make mistakes? Please?

No prob. Rick Smith is the greatest GM in like forever.

thunderkyss
11-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Cowboys

Giants

Colts

Chargers

Are we saying it is completely inexcuseable to have lost any of those games?

Is it one game in particular that you think we shouldn't have lost?

steelbtexan
11-10-2010, 11:14 PM
Uncle BoB is the greatest owner ever.

He gave us the joy of the genius that is Gary and Rick.

spurstexanstros
11-10-2010, 11:32 PM
Cowboys

Giants

Colts
Chargers

"Yes.. In the Colts game .Gary Kubiak told Matt to throw pic six and fumble the ball in the red zone. He shouldnt have called those plays...if he would have been a better coach he would have told Matt that interceptions were bad and to have them returned for TDs really bad.

The Chargers loss was due to the fact Kubiak didnt tell Arian to watch the Calvin Johnson highlights from week one otherwise he would have known to not let ball hit ground. Jacoby should have known that the ball is supposed to be caught in the endzone..I mean cmon you got to coach that up. Andre is so great... Andre is so great..oooops....Andre you dont want to kick the ball with your knee..hey dont they have drills for that? Kubiak should have known his best player wouldnt catch the ball. His qb should never try to get the ball to his best player."

Thank you -Captain Hindsight

houstonspartan
11-11-2010, 12:14 AM

Exactly. The things that we have been saying about Kubiak we have been saying since the middle of last year. And, they are coming to fruition.

It is ridiculus to assume that those of us who have lost faith in Kubiak lost faith in him this season.

wagonhed
11-11-2010, 12:42 AM

I know, right? Isn't it such an unlucky coincidence that the players we draft, from all sorts of different backgrounds, just happen to be ones that can't stop making mistakes?

GNTLEWOLF
11-11-2010, 12:44 AM
Exactly. The things that we have been saying about Kubiak we have been saying since the middle of last year. And, they are coming to fruition.

It is ridiculus to assume that those of us who have lost faith in Kubiak lost faith in him this season.

Some of us lost faith in Kubiak in the middle of his second season...
some of this schnizzle was evident then...

DexmanC
11-11-2010, 01:13 AM
I just get tired of our guys making the same boneheaded mistakes
week in, and week out. Good coaching is about teaching. Putting
players in position to make a play, and knowing what to do when they
get there.

Our guys are just reacting, and not dictating to the opponent. It seems
every guy we bring in here never improves, but actually regresses. Some
people hate D-Rob, but his frustration with this regime is quite understandable
in hindsight.

Grams
11-11-2010, 06:43 AM
Uncle BoB is the greatest owner ever.

He gave us the joy of the genius that is Gary and Rick.

You would prefer Matt Millen?

Thorn
11-11-2010, 07:33 AM
The results speak for themselves. How many playoffs have we been to? Does anybody here really think the Texans will go 6-2 the rest of the year to even have a chance at the playoffs?

I hope they do so folks like me would shut up about it, but I just don't see it happening. The complaints will continue until the problem is fixed, which is standard in any business, football or grocery stores.

Double Barrel
11-11-2010, 09:40 AM

These players ought to be playin' for FREE, I tell ya', by the good graces of this great man to spend his precious time coaching them, it is without excuses or reason why they simply don't live up to this coaching genius and giant among .500 head coaches.

The pretzel logic being displayed for a 35-37 coach is admirable, but ultimately myopic (in the nicest sense of myopia, of course).

I don't know how much validity Jason La Canfora has on NFL Network, but his update about the Texans last night was interesting, if for nothing else than the continuous hum of one chin as it pertains to our football team. He said that McNair gave Kubiak the "vote of confidence", but his fate would be determined by making the playoffs or not. And he specifically mentioned that Cowher is interested in the Houston HC position. Where there's smoke? Btw, has Wade Phillips of the 3-4 D ever worked with Cowher? It's too much to ask, but you know what...I'm in the asking mood right now...

Blake
11-11-2010, 09:45 AM
These players ought to be playin' for FREE, I tell ya', by the good graces of this great man to spend his precious time coaching them, it is without excuses or reason why they simply don't live up to this coaching genius and giant among .500 head coaches.

The pretzel logic being displayed for a 35-37 coach is admirable, but ultimately myopic (in the nicest sense of myopia, of course).

I don't know how much validity Jason La Canfora has on NFL Network, but his update about the Texans last night was interesting, if for nothing else than the continuous hum of one chin as it pertains to our football team. He said that McNair gave Kubiak the "vote of confidence", but his fate would be determined by making the playoffs or not. And he specifically mentioned that Cowher is interested in the Houston HC position. Where there's smoke? Btw, has Wade Phillips of the 3-4 D ever worked with Cowher? It's too much to ask, but you know what...I'm in the asking mood right now...

Hey you get me HC Cowher and DC Phillips and I will renew right now!

b0ng
11-11-2010, 09:46 AM

Even though I personally think that Cowher is over-hyped around these parts about his coaching ability (And the fact that he's been out of coaching for 4 years now) I wouldn't mind seeing him paired with Wade Phillips as a DC for this team.

Double Barrel
11-11-2010, 09:46 AM

Shoot, I'll start picking up cans off the street to recycle for cash to buy that ticket! :winky:

HOU-TEX
11-11-2010, 09:52 AM

I'd be walkin around chubbed up until next season began

eriadoc
11-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Cowboys

Giants

Colts

Chargers

I am. Well, to be specific, the way they lost. Losing to the Cowboys is flat inexcusable. Sorry, that's just the way it is. They didn't show up at all for the Giants game, which is inexcusable. They had the Colts figured out and they brain-farted the game away.

The Chargers game I'm not too down on, except for the fact that they only showed up for half a game (again). If the Texans had lost to the Colts or Giants like that, then I'd probably still be in wait and see mode. But I've waited, and I've seen.

Since we're on the subject, the wins against WAS and KC leave a lot to be desired as well. When you only show up to play half a game, you should be damn thankful for beating a team that showed up to play a full game.

And how can people ***** about Mario Williams not fulfilling his potential, when we all see what the offense is capable of, but only for about half a game each week?

steelbtexan
11-11-2010, 02:33 PM
You would prefer Matt Millen?

What does this topic have to do with Millen?

But if you want to go there I want Belichik

They both have about the same relevance to this topic.

Neither one of them are going to be working for the Texans.

GuerillaBlack
11-11-2010, 02:44 PM
"Yes.. In the Colts game .Gary Kubiak told Matt to throw pic six and fumble the ball in the red zone. He shouldnt have called those plays...if he would have been a better coach he would have told Matt that interceptions were bad and to have them returned for TDs really bad.

The Chargers loss was due to the fact Kubiak didnt tell Arian to watch the Calvin Johnson highlights from week one otherwise he would have known to not let ball hit ground. Jacoby should have known that the ball is supposed to be caught in the endzone..I mean cmon you got to coach that up. Andre is so great... Andre is so great..oooops....Andre you dont want to kick the ball with your knee..hey dont they have drills for that? Kubiak should have known his best player wouldnt catch the ball. His qb should never try to get the ball to his best player."

I know right. Kubiak should have known that the Colts sucked against the run when they first played the Texans in Week 1 and were going to for sure stop it on MNF. We must pass it there. So what if Arian Foster is still gaining seven yards a carry on them (in the first half, mind you), we have to still pass.

Hervoyel
11-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Cowboys

Giants

Colts

Chargers

Absolutely. The loss to Dallas was inexcusable. The Texans weren't even in town for that game much less on the field. Classic example of Gary's team coming out flat and unfocused following a big win. Happens all the time (to us).

The Giants loss was more about effort and overall piss-poor play than the "L" that results. New York has two very good teams and to lose a game to either of them is understandable. To not bother to show up against them in your own stadium is shameful.

We know how to beat the Colts and we demonstrated that "the plan" worked. Then we threw it out the window and hit them with some sneaky Gary-ball and lost anyway. Still, Colts at home is tough and you're not going to win them all so I can accept this.

San Diego? We gave that game away.

This team should be 6-2 right now and on top of the division. If Gary was head coach material he'd have them there.

False Start
11-11-2010, 05:25 PM

Time to call in these guys:

http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery/coon-and-friends_556x304.jpg

swtbound07
11-12-2010, 05:54 PM
ok. You win. Don't wanna watch this shit anymore. U get my avatar soapers. Fire Kubiak

rmartin65
11-12-2010, 07:31 PM
I'd be walkin around chubbed up until next season began

You should see a doctor if that happens.

kiwitexansfan
11-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Thought this was relevant from The Sports Guy.

The Unemployment Line (-3.5) over GARY KUBIAK
Houston plays five of its next seven on the road: at Jacksonville, at the Jets, home for Tennessee, at Philly, home for Baltimore, at Tennessee, at Denver. Brutal stretch. Do you think Bill Cowher will coach the 2011 Texans and Jon Gruden will coach the 2011 Cowboys, or vice versa? Should they flip a coin before the Super Bowl to choose?

LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmonsnfl2010/week10picks&sportCat=nfl)

eriadoc
11-12-2010, 09:11 PM
ok. You win. Don't wanna watch this shit anymore. U get my avatar soapers. Fire Kubiak

*golf clap*

Ryan
11-14-2010, 01:24 PM
He freakin sucks.

Dan B.
11-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Time to merge thread

eriadoc
11-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Maybe he has a contract incentive where he gets extra cash for every leftover timeout at the end of the season. He's saving the timeouts for later. ;)

gwallaia
11-14-2010, 01:28 PM
We have a poorly coached, uninspiring and underachieving team. I can see no scenario where Kubiak remains the head coach.

At the very least, I expect a written personal apology from Bob MccNair for all the money I spend for season tickets on this group of players and coaches who obviously do not care about winning games.

ATXtexanfan
11-14-2010, 01:32 PM
if mcnair fires kubiak during the season is there anyone on the staff to give the job to?

eriadoc
11-14-2010, 01:33 PM
Nope. Everyone on staff has been hand-picked by Kubiak. But the way things have been going, he'd probably promote Frank Bush.

jaayteetx
Mmmm, Chick Harris?

gwallaia
They might as well let the water boy take over, he can't possibly be as bad as Kubiak.

eriadoc
11-14-2010, 01:35 PM
We have a poorly coached, uninspiring and underachieving team. I can see no scenario where Kubiak remains the head coach.

At the very least, I expect a written personal apology from Bob MccNair for all the money I spend for season tickets on this group of players and coaches who obviously do not care about winning games.

LOL

I mean, I hate to laugh at your misery, but there's a part of me that wants McNair to feel this in his pocketbook.

wagonhed
11-14-2010, 01:36 PM
http://www.realbollywood.com/news/up_images/11126669.jpg

eriadoc
11-14-2010, 01:37 PM
My favorite thread.

lostboy
11-14-2010, 01:37 PM
Outcoached, outclassed... I'm done with the Kubiak experience....

gwallaia
11-14-2010, 01:38 PM
There's no need to keep Kubiak any longer. Hell, I would fire him in the locker room during half-time. Send in the water boy for the second half.

Topher
11-14-2010, 01:39 PM
:includeme:

Texecutioner
11-14-2010, 01:59 PM

What's sad is that even Jerrry Jones gives that to his fans. :wadepalm:

wagonhed
11-14-2010, 02:17 PM
Welcome to September 2009.

ATXtexanfan
11-14-2010, 02:42 PM
looks like we are stuck with him

Mr. White
11-14-2010, 03:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7aBGh9tJWg

Lucky
11-14-2010, 03:09 PM
I think I'm seeing improvement with this team.

They didn't lose until the very last second.

Gymrat2005
11-14-2010, 03:10 PM
I'm soo sick and tired of mediocrity, we are 4-5.

Hey, everyone let that sink in a little bit...

FOUR AND FIVE

We have the worst defense in the league, at the end of the game Antonio Smith is the one who gets double teamed and not mario williams.

Jacksonville misses two Fg's one due to a falsestart, we should of lost way before that hail mary play.

This team is coached by the worst coach's in the ENTIRE league.

Go and hire Bill Cowher and lets get this team where it needs to be.

And on top of it ALLLLLLL, the only win the cowboys have this year is Still a win against the texans.

DexmanC
11-14-2010, 03:10 PM
I think I'm seeing improvement with this team.

They didn't lose until the very last second.

"But, wasn't the game exiting? Weren't you entertained?"

"Kubiak did what he could. This loss is on the players."

BullNation4Life
11-14-2010, 03:11 PM
I'm soo sick and tired of mediocrity, we are 4-5.

Hey, everyone let that sink in a little bit...

FOUR AND FIVE

We have the worst defense in the league, at the end of the game Antonio Smith is the one who gets double teamed and not mario williams.

Jacksonville misses two Fg's one due to a falsestart, we should of lost way before that hail mary play.

This team is coached by the worst coach's in the ENTIRE league.

Go and hire Bill Cowher and lets get this team where it needs to be.

And on top of it ALLLLLLL, the only win the cowboys have this year is Still a win against the texans.

Bill Cowher ain't coming to Houston, might as well get over that pipe dream...

MEGA SWATT
11-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Knee-jerk:wadepalm:

but Kubes is gone b/c we are NOT making the playoffs.

Thorn
11-14-2010, 03:13 PM
I don't even want Kubiak in my avatar anymore. I've found a new one that fits my mood and this forum. The Sarge doesn't wanna been seen in here for a while. LOL

Mr teX
11-14-2010, 03:14 PM

That's been the point. The coach can only do so much...at some point, the players have to perform & too many times, they've failed. Right along with Kubiak, his entire staff, Smith, Okoye & our entire secondary with the exception of KJ only b/c he's a rook, need to be gone next year..

DX-TEX
11-14-2010, 03:18 PM
That's been the point. The coach can only do so much...at some point, the players have to perform & too many times, they've failed. Right along with Kubiak, his entire staff, Smith, Okoye & our entire secondary with the exception of KJ only b/c he's a rook, need to be gone next year..

As Kubiak loves to point out: its all on him so the unemployment starts with him.

GuerillaBlack
11-14-2010, 03:19 PM

I wouldn't call it a pipe dream. He's already said the Houston job interests him...and that was last year.

DexmanC
11-14-2010, 03:19 PM

My original posts are the arguments rendered invalid by today's performance.
Those sentiments are not my own, hence the quotation marks.

Texecutioner
11-14-2010, 03:20 PM

Really? So when did Cowher tell you this?

houstonspartan
11-14-2010, 03:22 PM

Bill Cowher wants this job. He's waiting for it. The real question is, is he really ready to return to coaching? He just lost his wife a few months ago. That's not something a person gets over right away. He may not be ready to coach again.

But if he is, he is coming to Houston. Bet on it.

houstonspartan
11-14-2010, 03:23 PM
Really? So when did Cowher tell you this?

LMAO! I know, right?

ATXtexanfan
11-14-2010, 03:25 PM

did you really excuse kubiak from this? everything sucks

Mr. Texan
http://www.tlu.edu/i/news/stories/08/080212_kubiak.jpg

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbc28dKuhQ1qav6f6.png

TexansFight
Bill Cowher wants this job. He's waiting for it. The real question is, is he really ready to return to coaching? He just lost his wife a few months ago. That's not something a person gets over right away. He may not be ready to coach again.

I hope Bob McNair hands the reigns of the team to his son Cal. That guy can't be worse can he? McNair is a cheap mofo and I hope he sees that the fans in this town are pissed off beyond belief so that he can open the warchest he has made off the loyal fans in this town and hire a proven winner like Cowher.

Texecutioner
11-14-2010, 03:26 PM

He was being totally sarcastic and mocking Gary's kids.

Lucky
11-14-2010, 03:26 PM
I guess everyone's sarcasm radar is on the blink today.

Thorn
11-14-2010, 03:28 PM
I hope Bob McNair hands the reigns of the team to his son Cal. That guy can't be worse can he? McNair is a cheap mofo and I hope he sees that the fans in this town are pissed off beyond belief so that he can open the warchest he has made off the loyal fans in this town and hire a proven winner like Cowher.

Oh for Gods sakes. McNair is a lot of things, but he isn't cheap. I really wish people would quit saying this, because it just isn't true. He sunk nearly a billion of his own money so far into the Texans, so that isn't being cheap, or even close to it.

And that was NOT an endorsement of him as the owner, just sayin.......

houstonspartan
11-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Oh for Gods sakes. McNair is a lot of things, but he isn't cheap. I really wish people would quit saying this, because it just isn't true. He sunk nearly a billion of his own money so far into the Texans, so that isn't being cheap, or even close to it.

Agree. Bob McNair is anything but cheap. If Kubiak told McNair that every player needed gold-plated helmets at a million dollars each, McNair would say: "Ok."

McNair ain't cheap.

TexansFight
11-14-2010, 03:32 PM

Really he isn't cheap? Name me the big money free agents, proven NFL wining coaches and front office personnel Bob has hired or signed........

The answer is NONE.

gwallaia
11-14-2010, 03:33 PM
Does anyone have Bob's email address?

DX-TEX
11-14-2010, 03:37 PM
Really he isn't cheap? Name me the big money free agents, proven NFL wining coaches and front office personnel Bob has hired or signed........

The answer is NONE.

The only thing that can counter this: It has been stated by numerous individulas that McNair admits he doesnt know much about the ins n outs of the NFl. he depends on his people......that would be whom again?

Lucky
11-14-2010, 03:37 PM
Oh for Gods sakes. McNair is a lot of things, but he isn't cheap.

Agree. Bob McNair is anything but cheap.

Really he isn't cheap?
I guess we'll find out the answer to this one. I think I'll come out on one side or the other when the next coach is hired. There's no reason not to go big name this time around.

Thorn
11-14-2010, 03:39 PM

The answer is NONE.

Did you even READ what I posted? Look, I'm not saying McNair is a good owner, he's proven otherwise I think. But he isn't cheap. He sank a lot of money into purchasing (bribeing) his way in the fold with the other owners and put some of his own money into the stadium. He isn't ****ing cheap.

He may not be a good owner, but he certainly isn't cheap. If you want to blame a lack of signing free agents, blame Rick Smith and Kubiak for for that, not McNair.

TexanExile
11-14-2010, 03:42 PM
Cheap isn't what I think of with McNair, either. Naive seems to fit better.

He was willing to open the checkbook for free agents like Morlon Greenwood and Todd Wade and Anthony Weaver and *shudder* P-Burnt. These aren't huge names but they were seriously overpaid to come here. So I don't know that cheap's the right word for it.

houstonspartan
11-14-2010, 03:43 PM

The answer is NONE.

Atlanta had a back-up qb named Matt Schaub. EVERYBODY was after this guy. EVERYBODY. The Texans swooped in, and grabbed him immediately, signing him to a contract over like a weekend. And the Texans were aggressive, and they spent a lot of money.

No, we don't, traditionally go after the overall "big names" in free agency, but, we have made moves in the past.

Mr teX
11-14-2010, 03:47 PM
yeah, a guy who sank 700 million into an nfl franchis is cheap.....good luck convincing anyone with that.

Funny & ironic really b/c we're down here complaining about an owner who's hands off yet right up in Dallas in the same state, their fans are complaining about an owner who's too hands on...The reality of it is texans don't know what the hell they want.

HTown2ATX
11-14-2010, 03:49 PM
I am so effing pissed. I just got off of the phone with my dad in Houston who is from Pittsburgh and is obviouldy a die hard Steelers fan but also likes the Texans and had liked the Oilers (my family has been here since 1980 when I was born).

My phone blew up with people trying to call me after the miracel play of the century and his is the only one I called back on.

After I got through the whole part of him trying to convert me to be a Steelers fan which he usually pitches at me after every loss....he and I agreed on something....the coaching here blows c**k.

How does a team like the Steelers find coach, after Super Bowl winning coach (Chuck Noll, Cowher, Tomlin) and we keep ending up with effing bumblers and guys that re-inact a bad inpersonation of Inspector Cleauso from the Pink Panther (with Peter Sellers...not the new crappy ones)???

Serioulsy???

W-T-F???????

Yes that was a freak play that beat us against JAX today, but that was only the end result of what had been some dumb-effing-assed coaching leading up to that. I took notes to post something while sober and bored at work tomorrow (too drunk too read those notes right now and I don't have time or tiVo to re-watch it....not that I would want to...).

:kubepalm:

Done with Kubes.

(if I mispelled something then too damn bad.....too many Shiners and pissed right now...)

houstonspartan
11-14-2010, 03:51 PM
Did you even READ what I posted? Look, I'm not saying McNair is a good owner, he's proven otherwise I think. But he isn't cheap. He sank a lot of money into purchasing (bribeing) his way in the fold with the other owners and put some of his own money into the stadium. He isn't ****ing cheap.

He may not be a good owner, but he certainly isn't cheap. If you want to blame a lack of signing free agents, blame Rick Smith and Kubiak for for that, not McNair.

McNair didn't bribe anybody.

LA was awarded the expansion team, but had to come up with nearly a billion dollars. They had a deadline. They scrambled, couldn't come up with the money and blew the deadline. The NFL called McNair and told him he was next up. He basically said, "Is that all?"

And he wrote a check. And we have a team.

cdollaz
11-14-2010, 03:55 PM

The answer is NONE.

Ahman Green???? It didn't work out, but it cost him a lot of money.

He doesn't usually overpay, but to say he is cheap is wrong.

His biggest fault may end up being that he is too loyal.

wagonhed
11-14-2010, 03:55 PM

Really? When did Cowher tell you this?

LMAO! I know, right?

houstonspartan
11-14-2010, 04:02 PM
Really? When did Cowher tell you this?

Fair enough. He didn't. I was just assuming based on several things over the last year or so. I still can't get over the fact that, the VERY DAY Kubiak signed his extension, he released a statement saying he wouldn't come back to coaching. And, that was around the same time that John Fox was questionable in Carolina.

gafftop
11-14-2010, 04:07 PM
in the 4th quarter. Hear me out. i first noticed this last year when I compared Kubiak's style a track coach who tells his runners if you get in the lead and start pulling away , slow up until the other guy catches up. In the same way if you get behind run hard until you catch up. I did not realize how far this attitude in buried in Kubiak's pysche. You see it game by game, they don't do anything to lose the game early. We always start slow. Then if we have an opponent we can dominate we come back strong to get close again. It happens too often to be a coincidence.

Kubiak this philosophy MIGHT have been OK at the very beggining when taking over a 2-14 team but not now. I personally don't like this style EVER. If you can bury a team early do it and then you don't have to go to the 4th quarter in what basically is a coin toss. Guess what if you BURY a team early you have a better than coin toss chance of winning.

If the Texans are close to .500 say 4-4 we play this way. Last year at the end of the season we were well below .500 so he needs to change to try and get to .500. Ever wonder why once we got good enough to compete we seem to be right around .500.

Kubiak has said it many times we had a chance to win in the 4th quarter. That is all I ask. The only problem with this is guess what the other team has a chance also. COIN TOSS!!!! I wonder what the odds are in a coin toss.

I would guess the Texans final record will be close. This is still the coaching staffs goal is to keep it close and try to win it in the 4th. With this philosophy this team will be , guess what a .500 team.

dream_team
11-14-2010, 04:08 PM
In order for Kubiak to be fired, the Texans must continue to lose and lose embarrassingly. Looking at it that way, this game couldn't have gone any better.

steelbtexan
yeah, a guy who sank 700 million into an nfl franchis is cheap.....good luck convincing anyone with that.

Funny & ironic really b/c we're down here complaining about an owner who's hands off yet right up in Dallas in the same state, their fans are complaining about an owner who's too hands on...The reality of it is texans don't know what the hell they want.

I want them to hire an experienced football guy to run this organization.

Yes Uncle BoB invested 700 mil nine years ago. That investment is now worth atleast 1.1 bil. Not a bad return on his $$$$. Off the backs of the GREAT FANS of the HOUSTON TEXANS.

BTW if you're a RELIANT customer you can thank your higher bill to the 300 mill stadium naming rights over 10 yrs that Uncle BoB used to help buy this franchise. With the taxpayers also contributing $$$$. All Uncle BoB had to put up front was operating $$$$ basically. Hence no top tier FA's or top tier executives.

Bottom line is the Great Fans of the Houston Texans deserve better than the consIstently medicore to crappy product that has been put on the field for the last 9 yrs.

Imatexanfan
:strangle:

Goatcheese
11-14-2010, 04:10 PM
The only bright side today is that I'll be watching The Walking Dead soon.

Imatexanfan
Wish we could score 83 points like the Badgers did yesterday then I don't think it would matter how bad our defense is...

gafftop
A perfect season to Kubiak would be .500. Just my observation.

MEGA SWATT
:wadepalm::wadepalm:

Kubiak, I respect you as a decent human being, but you must go.

Thorn
11-14-2010, 04:11 PM
The only bright side today is that I'll be watching The Walking Dead soon.

Kubiak has another TV show now?

qman_tx
11-14-2010, 04:12 PM
NO PLAYOFFS, Kubiak will not be here.....

kiwitexansfan
11-14-2010, 04:14 PM
Are you confusing him with Capers?

Capers was open about that being his M.O.

fiasco west
11-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Don't see a bright side, honestly I hope the team wins every game from here on out. Whether that keeps Kubiak's job or not, I'd just like to have a playoff team every once in awhile.

gafftop
11-14-2010, 04:19 PM
I don't think you understand ; Kubiak doesn't want to blow a team out he wants the chance to win it in a coin toss in the 4th. Of course he would like to win all those close games but it doesn't work like that. You win some, Redskins, Chiefs, and you lose some Chargers , Jags. You never win a blow out because you don't want to do that, but you may get blown out because if the other team is better you probably will never win with this philosophy, but you can easily be blown out. Just think about it.

Mr teX
11-14-2010, 04:22 PM
I want them to hire an experienced football guy to run this organization.

Yes Uncle BoB invested 700 mil nine years ago. That investment is now worth atleast 1.1 bil. Not a bad return on his $$$$. Off the backs of the GREAT FANS of the HOUSTON TEXANS.

BTW if you're a RELIANT customer you can thank your higher bill to the 300 mill stadium naming rights over 10 yrs that Uncle BoB used to help buy this franchise. With the taxpayers also contributing $$$$. All Uncle BoB had to put up front was operating $$$$ basically. Hence no top tier FA's or top tier executives.

Bottom line is the Great Fans of the Houston Texans deserve better than the consIstently medicore to crappy product that has been put on the field for the last 9 yrs.

:wadepalm: We already had that remember? it was the Charlie Casserly & Dom Capers era. How'd that work out for us? Again, how exactly is any of this McNair's fault? He's done the the experienced GM & HC & he's done the upcoming GM & HC. What the hell else is the man supposed to do? It's not his job to make open field tackles or so some competency covering a WR.

gafftop
11-14-2010, 04:24 PM
in the 4th quarter. Hear me out. i first noticed this last year when I compared Kubiak's style to a track coach who tells his runners if you get in the lead and start pulling away , slow up until the other guy catches up. In the same way if you get behind run hard until you catch up. I did not realize how far this attitude in buried in Kubiak's pysche. You see it game by game, they don't do anything to lose the game early. We always start slow. Then if we have an opponent we can dominate we come back strong to get close again. It happens too often to be a coincidence.

Kubiak this philosophy MIGHT have been OK at the very beggining when taking over a 2-14 team but not now. I personally don't like this style EVER. If you can bury a team early do it and then you don't have to go to the 4th quarter in what basically is a coin toss. Guess what if you BURY a team early you have a better than coin toss chance of winning.

If the Texans are close to .500 say 4-4 we play this way. Last year at the end of the season we were well below .500 so he needs to change to try and get to .500. Ever wonder why once we got good enough to compete we seem to be right around .500.

Kubiak has said it many times we had a chance to win in the 4th quarter. That is all I ask. The only problem with this is guess what the other team has a chance also. COIN TOSS!!!! I wonder what the odds are in a coin toss.

I would guess the Texans final record will be close. This is still the coaching staffs goal is to keep it close and try to win it in the 4th. With this philosophy this team will be , guess what a .500 team.

ATXtexanfan
11-14-2010, 04:29 PM
no more thoughts?

gafftop
11-14-2010, 04:29 PM
McNair , coaching does matter.

TheMatrix31
11-14-2010, 04:30 PM
This message is hidden because gafftop is on your ignore list.

...lmao

Lucky
I have to give it to you, you're nothing if not persistant. But, we're trying to limit the number of threads. So this goes back into the Kubes thread.

steelbtexan
:wadepalm: We already had that remember? it was the Charlie Casserly & Dom Capers era. How'd that work out for us? Again, how exactly is any of this McNair's fault? He's done the the experienced GM & HC & he's done the upcoming GM & HC. What the hell else is the man supposed to do?

OK we as fans should give up and except mediocrity.

There's a he** of alot of difference between the Parcells/Cowher style of management and the Casserly/Smithiak style of management.

This team isn't far away from being a good team. They should have a high draft pick if this undisiplined crap continues. I'm not comfortable with Smithiak running another draft. As I feel this is the root of the Texans problems.

gafftop
11-14-2010, 04:32 PM
LOL. I do think it is more focused than the general Fire Kubiak thread. thanks

nut
11-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Mad fans are screaming for heads to roll. A guy on the 610 post-show just went ballistic screaming for the firing of Frank Bush. Of course, the talking heads reply that it wouldn't work in the middle of the season. The dude was hired by the team with little prior experience and might become a good DC. On the flip side, could our defense be any worse than it is? The Catch-22 seems to come up every year.

Malloy
11-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Kubiak has another TV show now?

No no, Kubiak's on 'The Walking Dud'

c10x
11-14-2010, 04:37 PM
My vote is for Rob Ryan.

Mr teX
11-14-2010, 04:39 PM
OK we as fans should give up and except mediocrity.

There's a he** of alot of difference between the Parcells/Cowher style of management and the Casserly/Smithiak style of management.

This team isn't far away from being a good team. They should have a high draft pick if this undisiplined crap continues. I'm not comfortable with Smithiak running another draft. As I feel this is the root of the Texans problems.

i'm not saying they should give up, but to heap the bulk of this team's problems on McNair is just ridiculous imo. All he's doing is putting the people he thinks are the best for the job in place & he's obviously been wrong. & If you're going to get on him about that, then quite frankly that's nothing b/c every owner in the league makes those same mistakes b/c only 1 team can win the superbowl every year.

eriadoc
11-14-2010, 04:40 PM
My vote is for Rob Ryan.

Those Ryan guys seem to know a thing or two about defense, at least.

steelbtexan
11-14-2010, 04:46 PM
i'm not saying they should give up, but to heap the bulk of this team's problems on McNair is just ridiculous imo. All he's doing is putting the people he thinks are the best for the job in place & he's obviously been wrong. & If you're going to get on him about that, then quite frankly that's nothing b/c every owner in the league makes those same mistakes b/c only 1 team can win the superbowl every year.

Losers attitude

This we'll be better next yr crap is getting old.

How long IYO should McNair get a pass?

Meanwhile stuffing his pockets with the fans $$$$.

Blake
11-14-2010, 04:47 PM
This is going to get ugly. Whos next? @Jets. vsTitans. @Ealges. vsRavens. @Titans.

Hello 5-8.

steelbtexan
11-14-2010, 04:59 PM
This is going to get ugly. Whos next? @Jets. vsTitans. @Ealges. vsRavens. @Titans.

Hello 5-8.

If they're lucky.

The Texans are losing games against bad teams that are trying to give games away.

All of the teams you listed are well coached physical teams. Those are the types of teams that give the Texans the most problems.

3 of them are on the road and a 4th game is a pseudo home game with all of the VY nut huggers.

It doesn't look promising. IMHO

Mr teX
11-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Losers attitude

This we'll be better next yr crap is getting old.

How long IYO should McNair get a pass?

Meanwhile stuffing his pockets with the fans $$$$.

Not sure how your getting loser's attitude out of what im saying, but in any case,

WTH are you talking about? In none of my posts have i said McNair should keep kubiak or we'll be better next year. What i am saying is that at the end of the day, the players on field have the most control over the product they produce on the field. & when you look at it from that perspective, how much of the blame can you really heap on McNair. The answer is not much.

& as far as McNair lining his pockets, all i can tell you is that you & any other fans who show up to games have the most control over that; just stop going.

TheMatrix31
11-14-2010, 05:36 PM
If Kubiak ends up fired AND Whisenhunt gets canned, I would love to have him.

gwallaia
11-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Its 5:45!!!! Why does Kubiak still have a job???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eriadoc
11-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Its 5:45!!!! Why does Kubiak still have a job???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See my sig.

Hervoyel
11-14-2010, 06:00 PM

TO be perfectly honest investing 700 million dollars into a perpetual money machine doesn't mean that you can't then run said money machine pinching every penny possible. I'm not saying he is or isn't cheap. I'm just saying that I keep seeing his purchase of the Texans thrown out as evidence that he isn't cheap and that doesn't prove a thing.

steelbtexan
11-14-2010, 06:08 PM
Not sure how your getting loser's attitude out of what im saying, but in any case,

WTH are you talking about? In none of my posts have i said McNair should keep kubiak or we'll be better next year. What i am saying is that at the end of the day, the players on field have the most control over the product they produce on the field. & when you look at it from that perspective, how much of the blame can you really heap on McNair. The answer is not much.

& as far as McNair lining his pockets, all i can tell you is that you & any other fans who show up to games have the most control over that; just stop going.

McNair hired thse people to run this franchise? Right

Therefore he's responsible for the success/failure of this franchise.

And you're right it's my choice to buy or not buy his product.

The end is near for me if things dont change this season. Or major changes in leadership of this franchise aren't made this offseason. Lockout or no lockout.

Even though it wont matter. There will be a thousand fans waiting to buy my PSL's and season tickets.

Unfortunately Uncle BoB is aware this too.

Mr teX
11-14-2010, 06:09 PM
TO be perfectly honest investing 700 million dollars into a perpetual money machine doesn't mean that you can't then run said money machine pinching every penny possible. I'm not saying he is or isn't cheap. I'm just saying that I keep seeing his purchase of the Texans thrown out as evidence that he isn't cheap and that doesn't prove a thing.

Well, put it like this, if he doesn't step up to the plate & shell out however many millions he did & successfully bring an NFL pro team back to houston, We might very well still be without one.

I know some might think to themselves that that's probably not a bad thing right about now but the fact of the matter is that he did that & he didn't have to. He could've just went about his way & kept running his other successful businesses.

Either way anyone tries to spin it, the guy spent his own money to make it happen & that to me is not someone who's thinks that money is his only concern. Did he look at the dollars and cents of it? of course he did, he's a billionaire business man.

cdollaz
11-14-2010, 06:11 PM
I personally do not fault McNair for anything at this point. If Kubiak is still here next year, I will start blaming him as part of the problem.

TheMatrix31
11-14-2010, 06:12 PM
You guys really wanna ***** about our coaching staff? The Niners have a so-called disciplinarian as their coach, and they've had 3 TDs AND an interception wiped off b/c of penalties.

Rey
11-14-2010, 06:14 PM
You guys really wanna ***** about our coaching staff? The Niners have a so-called disciplinarian as their coach, and they've had 3 TDs AND an interception wiped off b/c of penalties.

Just because I don't want you to spit on me doesn't mean it's ok to take a dump on me.

Both would be unacceptable.

Mr teX
11-14-2010, 06:18 PM
McNair hired thse people to run this franchise? Right

Therefore he's responsible for the success/failure of this franchise.

And you're right it's my choice to buy or not buy his product.

The end is near for me if things dont change this season. Or major changes in leadership of this franchise aren't made this offseason. Lockout or no lockout.

Even though it wont matter. There will be a thousand fans waiting to buy my PSL's and season tickets.

Unfortunately Uncle BoB is aware this too.

I hear ya, i guess my thing is i just don't see/think mcnair is chiefly motivated by how much money he's bringing in..dude was a billionaire before all this. I think its at least 45/50 that the guy genuinely cares about this city & its feelings towards football. The fact that it's a cash cow & its making money hand over fist im sure doesn't hurt either though.

houstonspartan
11-14-2010, 06:43 PM

So?

DexmanC
11-14-2010, 06:48 PM
You guys really wanna ***** about our coaching staff?

That's what this 70+ page thread is for, right?

Are you gonna be drinkin' da Kool-Aid by yourself, now that TK's done?

TexanExile
11-14-2010, 06:49 PM
If Kubiak ends up fired AND Whisenhunt gets canned, I would love to have him.

Only if Leinart sticks around. :stirpot:

c10x
11-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Those Ryan guys seem to know a thing or two about defense, at least.

They do.

I think they just get football. I think they get how to relate to players, and they get what it takes to develop a winning and dominating culture.

I remember wanting Rex Ryan before he went to the Jets, then seeing how they turned that team around. I can't help but feeling like I know I want Rob Ryan, and before I know it, someone is gonna get him and if its not us I'm gonna regret it. Unfortunately, how I feel about it doesn't matter... only McNair.

Pantherstang84
11-14-2010, 06:55 PM
That's what this 70+ page thread is for, right?

Are you gonna be drinkin' da Kool-Aid by yourself, now that TK's done?

Whoa. TK is done? I'm going to find the :pigfly:

JB
11-14-2010, 07:28 PM
They do.

I think they just get football. I think they get how to relate to players, and they get what it takes to develop a winning and dominating culture.

I remember wanting Rex Ryan before he went to the Jets, then seeing how they turned that team around. I can't help but feeling like I know I want Rob Ryan, and before I know it, someone is gonna get him and if its not us I'm gonna regret it. Unfortunately, how I feel about it doesn't matter... only McNair.

Turned them around? Didn't he take a 9-7 team to ... 9-7?

CloakNNNdagger
11-14-2010, 07:32 PM

Been trying to get that point across forever.

Must spread the rep.

TheMatrix31
11-14-2010, 07:33 PM

LOL. Seriously, and only got into the playoffs because the Colts and Bengals laid down for them.

Rex Ryan is a pompous, arrogant, blowhard, piece of fat shit. I wouldn't want him to be my coach and teach my players to be chatty, cocky ****s.

GuerillaBlack
11-14-2010, 07:38 PM

LOL. Seriously, and only got into the playoffs because the Colts and Bengals laid down for them.

Rex Ryan is a pompous, arrogant, blowhard, piece of fat shit. I wouldn't want him to be my coach and teach my players to be chatty, cocky ****s.

And what's his record now? Hate on him all you want, but at least his team isn't total ass. Plus, it's not like teams laid down for them in the playoffs. They made it to the AFC Championship Game, something we won't sniff with Kubiak as our HC.

TheMatrix31
11-14-2010, 07:45 PM
And what's his record now? Hate on him all you want, but at least his team isn't total ass. Plus, it's not like teams laid down for them in the playoffs. They made it to the AFC Championship Game, something we won't sniff with Kubiak as our HC.

My thoughts on Rex Ryan have absolutely nothing to do with Kubiak.

They barely beat the Browns, they barely beat the Lions, they got shut out by the Packers, and they barely beat the Broncos. They're not world beaters.

Of course, wins are wins. They're 7-2, and we're not.

GP
11-14-2010, 07:46 PM

That's because Singletary is a clown.

I mean, you do KNOW, don't you, that it's possible for a head coach to be too intense or too disconnected. Somewhere in the middle there's a good head coach who knows how to shift--up or down--according to what the situation demands.

Singletary is climbing a huge mountain in overdrive. Kubiak is climbing the same mountain in reverse. Both guys are jackasses who are gonna' burn up the transmission.

I've finally decided that you are related to someone with the Texans. No reasonable, unbiased person would be THIS committed to defending the team's honor.

I predicted, three weeks in advance, that the Chargers game and Jags game would end up being the two games whereby the outcome reveals the future. I was right. Although I didn't see the game, I read the posts: Schaub allegedly cried postgame, lots of goofy Rosencopter moments lost us the game, etc. etc.

I think this season ended today. Three straight losses. But you go ahead and lecture us, bro. Your horse isn't going to win, place, or show. It's grazing the grass near the edge of the track.

GP
11-14-2010, 07:52 PM

They barely beat the Browns, they barely beat the Lions, they got shut out by the Packers, and they barely beat the Broncos. They're not world beaters.

Barely winning is awesome.

Know why?

Because it's WINNING.

I want no part of 7-2 if it means we barely beat some of those 7 teams. No, give me 4-5 every day of the week. Barely winning sucks.

Do you see how foolish that sounds?

TheMatrix31
11-14-2010, 07:54 PM
That's because Singletary is a clown.

I mean, you do KNOW, don't you, that it's possible for a head coach to be too intense or too disconnected. Somewhere in the middle there's a good head coach who knows how to shift--up or down--according to what the situation demands.

Singletary is climbing a huge mountain in overdrive. Kubiak is climbing the same mountain in reverse. Both guys are jackasses who are gonna' burn up the transmission.

I've finally decided that you are related to someone with the Texans. No reasonable, unbiased person would be THIS committed to defending the team's honor.

I predicted, three weeks in advance, that the Chargers game and Jags game would end up being the two games whereby the outcome reveals the future. I was right. Although I didn't see the game, I read the posts: Schaub allegedly cried postgame, lots of goofy Rosencopter moments lost us the game, etc. etc.

I think this season ended today. Three straight losses. But you go ahead and lecture us, bro. Your horse isn't going to win, place, or show. It's grazing the grass near the edge of the track.

Agreed on the happy medium. Can't be too crazy one way or the other.

And no, I'm not related to anyone on the team. Wish I was. My financial situation would probably be a lot better.

I thought we'd beat the Chargers and Jaguars, and save for a dropped pass by our best player that turned into an interception and a tipped ball off a hail mary that found the offensive player's arms, it might have happened.

Season is done though, most likely. We can easily go on a tear if we wanted to just as easily as we can lose all the games. Such is the life of a Texans fan.

TheMatrix31
11-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Barely winning is awesome.

Know why?

Because it's WINNING.

I want no part of 7-2 if it means we barely beat some of those 7 teams. No, give me 4-5 every day of the week. Barely winning sucks.

Do you see how foolish that sounds?

You clearly missed the last sentence of my post that this response was made for.

GuerillaBlack
11-14-2010, 07:55 PM

So, none of that other stuff of "barely" beating those teams matter because they are winning. The Texans are losing.

TheMatrix31
11-14-2010, 07:59 PM
So, none of that other stuff of "barely" beating those teams matter because they are winning. The Texans are losing.

Agreed. My point is though, that the Jets are not world-beaters, and are probably the most overrated team in football, so let's not act like Rex Ryan is Christ + 200lb.

thunderkyss
11-14-2010, 08:07 PM
I wouldn't call it a pipe dream. He's already said the Houston job interests him...and that was last year.

Yeah, that's like OrlandoPace or Earnest Givens saying they'd like to play in Houston.

Lucky
11-14-2010, 08:08 PM
This is the kind of stuff that's not going to be allowed. The reason it's still up is to serve as an example. Post about the subject matter, the weather, your favorite color...but not other posters.

TheMatrix31
11-14-2010, 08:11 PM
This is the kind of stuff that's not going to be allowed. The reason it's still up is to serve as an example. Post about the subject matter, the weather, your favorite color...but not other posters.

And if I WAS affiliated with Houston in any official capacity, I wouldn't be living in this crappy city/state! I'd be in Texas, where I've wanted to be for a long, long time.

......annnnnnyway, time to go watch my Suns find a way to lose to my most hated franchise in sports.

Lucky
11-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Yeah, that's like OrlandoPace or Earnest Givens saying they'd like to play in Houston.
Didn't Earnest Givens play in Houston??? I'm sure he'd like to turn back the clock and play just about anywhere.

thunderkyss
11-14-2010, 08:16 PM

I vowed to stop spitting sunshine around here (I'll be at HT.com) but it never bothered me that anyone negatively criticized this team. I'm not blind, I see what's going on.

But I personally don't like taking shots at people we don't know. "McNair is cheap" the evidence points to the contrary. & that's fine, if that is your opinion, but why he got to be a moo?

All the things said about TJ, Greenwood, Babin, Buchannon....

I just don't get it, we don't know these people.

thunderkyss
11-14-2010, 08:21 PM

The answer is NONE.

If you have followed the Texans from the beginning, you'd know we spent an enormous amount of money on sone poorly coached FAs, which led to the cap-hell Kubiak inherited.

I don't think we looked good cap wise until 2008.

ubecool454
11-14-2010, 09:13 PM
Kubiak is a football Coach and has been around the game for a very long time..the Texans owner however has not. I have to believe that the owner is more of the problem than Kubiak is. I could only wish we had a owner like Jerry Jones or Bud Adams because they don't mind trying things to make their teams better. Jerry gave Pacman Jones, Tank Williams and T.O another chance to help make his team better and he didn't care what anyone thought. It might not have worked out but he tried. Now Bud Adams is giving Randy Moss another "bad Character" guy another chance to help make his team better. It might not work out but at least they tried. Everything from Music selection at Reliant stadium to the way they handled the tailgating "problem" is not done right IMO. I hate the music they play at Reliant....I can ignore the Clay Walker country azz songs because its not all about me but lets be a little more versatile. This team is always going to have bad Karma because the Front office appears to be a little uppity and very conservative. I just really had to take time again and look at the teams that win and the teams that always struggle and the thing that stand out the most is not the coaches but the ownership. I don't know that we will ever have the kind of fun in Reliant stadium that they have in Pittsburgh, NE, or even Dallas.

thunderkyss
11-14-2010, 09:13 PM
Didn't Earnest Givens play in Houston??? I'm sure he'd like to turn back the clock and play just about anywhere.

Who was the WR that we were trying to get, that eventually went to Tennessee?

Carr Bombed
11-14-2010, 09:16 PM
Kubiak is a football Coach and has been around the game for a very long time..the Texans owner however has not. I have to believe that the owner is more of the problem than Kubiak is. I could only wish we had a owner like Jerry Jones or Bud Adams because they don't mind trying things to make their teams better. Jerry gave Pacman Jones, Tank Williams and T.O another chance to help make his team better and he didn't care what anyone thought. It might not have worked out but he tried. Now Bud Adams is giving Randy Moss another "bad Character" guy another chance to help make his team better. It might now work out but at least they tried.

If Jones or Adams was the owner "your coach Kubiak" would've been fired a long time ago..... and WTF has Kubiak ever done as a head coach? I mean seriously....list the things that he's done which make him worth keeping around... I don't understand the "Kubiak is a football Coach and has been around the game for a very long time" argument. HE HAS ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING.

houstonhurricane
11-14-2010, 09:16 PM
Kubiak is a football Coach and has been around the game for a very long time..the Texans owner however has not. I have to believe that the owner is more of the problem than Kubiak is. I could only wish we had a owner like Jerry Jones or Bud Adams because they don't mind trying things to make their teams better. Jerry gave Pacman Jones, Tank Williams and T.O another chance to help make his team better and he didn't care what anyone thought. It might not have worked out but he tried. Now Bud Adams is giving Randy Moss another "bad Character" guy another chance to help make his team better. It might now work out but at least they tried.

One of the worst posts in quite some time. Congrats!

gwallaia
11-14-2010, 09:21 PM
:mariopalm::backsout:

ubecool454
11-14-2010, 09:23 PM
You guys really think Kubiak hasn't gone to the owner about picking up certain players. He can't just go get any player...they have to be ok-ed buy his boss.

DX-TEX
11-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Because its all on him.

Carr Bombed
11-14-2010, 09:26 PM
Because its all on him.

LMAO!!! :lol:

Well played Sir, well played.

ubecool454
11-14-2010, 09:26 PM
One of the worst posts in quite some time. Congrats!

Your opinion but it can't be all on the coach....why can't we go out and get better players instead of hoping that guys like jacoby Jones comes around and that Joel Dreessen holds onto it this time and that Okoye will be that badass tackle that we want when he gets old enough? The best thing that could happen to Kubiak is that he gets released and they pay out his contract. Please trade andre johnson too so he can get with a winning team...hate to see him end up like Dan Marino.

imatexan
11-14-2010, 09:28 PM
:wadepalm:

I stopped reading your post after you included Bud Adams name of an owner you would want to have.

The guy who left the city of Houston and took the Oilers away!?
How many championships has his organization won over the MANY years!?
Zero.

Bob wants to be a winner and he is trying but he is just a business man that stepped up and brought Houston a team. That does not mean he is going to know how to run an NFL organization but he is not cheap, he is not in it for money, or anything else you want to come up with.

Marcus
11-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Dear God in Heaven . . .

I think I'll choose to just answer the question in the title . .

"Why blame Kubiak for everything?"

Because it makes us feel better. :rolleyes:

Carr Bombed
11-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Your opinion but it can't be all on the coach....why can't we go out and get better players instead of hoping that guys like jacoby Jones comes around and that Joel Dreessen holds onto it this time and that Okoye will be that badass tackle that we want when he gets old enough? The best thing that could happen to Kubiak is that he gets released and they pay out his contract. Please trade andre johnson too so he can get with a winning team...hate to see him end up like Dan Marino.

Umm, Kubiak is the one whose keeping Okoye out there, and the one who keeps Jacoby and Dreesen around (don't have a problem with Dreesen...he's good depth and a solid player dispite what happened today, don't need to throw the baby out with the bath water and hurt your depth just because a guy had one bad afternoon).

You're right though.....the best thing that could happen is if Kubiak gets released and they pay out his contract and the positives have NOTHING to do with what Stupiak does elsewhere. It'll be a great move, because it'll help THIS TEAM in the long run. I could really care less what Kubiak does elsewhere.

Pantherstang84
11-14-2010, 09:31 PM
:mariopalm::backsout:

Don't forget the :clown::wadepalm:

ubecool454
11-14-2010, 09:32 PM

If Jones or Adams was the owner "your coach Kubiak" would've been fired a long time ago..... and WTF has Kubiak ever done as a head coach? I mean seriously....list the things that he's done which make him worth keeping around... I don't understand the "Kubiak is a football Coach and has been around the game for a very long time" argument. HE HAS ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING.

Kubiak if employed by Bud or Jerry might have had freedom to pursue better "bad" character guys...if there is such a thing.

Carr Bombed
11-14-2010, 09:32 PM
Dear God in Heaven . . .

I think I'll choose to just answer the question in the title . .

"Why blame Kubiak for everything?"

Because it makes us feel better. :rolleyes:

Or maybe it's because it's his decision making and coaching style which has breed mediocrity and the same old exact tiresome shit year after year. He is not a head coach, not everybody is. There's head coaches out there who win more with less talent.

GuerillaBlack
11-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Kubiak if employed by Bud or Jerry might have had freedom to pursue better "bad" character guys...if there is such a thing.

Highly doubt it. Kubiak doesn't go after those players. I'm actually pretty excited now about the big possibility of a new coach for the Texans. The Kubiak era is almost over.

Carr Bombed
11-14-2010, 09:36 PM

Yeah, because Kubiak is SOOO into "bad character guys". :rolleyes:

You're talking about a coach who benched the league's leading rusher because he missed a team meeting... The "high character crap" isn't just McNair and it's a complete farce to suggest otherwise.

Before Kubiak, McNair was pulling off trades for "Bad character guys" like P Burnt. Kubiak is just as much at fault as McNair is.

ubecool454
11-14-2010, 09:39 PM
:wadepalm:

I stopped reading your post after you included Bud Adams name of an owner you would want to have.

The guy who left the city of Houston and took the Oilers away!?
How many championships has his organization won over the MANY years!?
Zero.

Bob wants to be a winner and he is trying but he is just a business man that stepped up and brought Houston a team. That does not mean he is going to know how to run an NFL organization but he is not cheap, he is not in it for money, or anything else you want to come up with.

I hated that Bud moved the team too but you have to blame your former Mayor for that too. Bud wanted a stadium and the city wouldn't or couldn't do it so he being a business man found some city that would...business decision so don't take it personal. I can't tell if Bob cares more about his race horses and the rodeo than he does this football team.

GuerillaBlack
11-14-2010, 09:41 PM
I hated that Bud moved the team too but you have to blame your former Mayor for that too. Bud wanted a stadium and the city wouldn't or couldn't do it so he being a business man found some city that would...business decision so don't take it personal. I can't tell if Bob cares more about his race horses and the rodeo than he does this football team.

You need to read up on some more history. It'll tell you the whole story instead of what you just posted.

ubecool454
11-14-2010, 09:41 PM
Highly doubt it. Kubiak doesn't go after those players. I'm actually pretty excited now about the big possibility of a new coach for the Texans. The Kubiak era is almost over.

Be careful what you wish for. Do you see a pattern developing here? I do...hire mediocre guys to give the fans hope...get rid of them and do it again as long as those seats stay full.

ubecool454
11-14-2010, 09:43 PM

You can take you Cowher 2011 banner down..lol.. He isn't coming here when everyone in Carolina knows that he is the next Panthers coach. Thats home for him...fogit about it.

ubecool454
11-14-2010, 09:46 PM
You need to read up on some more history. It'll tell you the whole story instead of what you just posted.

LOL..19 years old...do you even remember the Oilers..lmao:wadepalm: or are you talking about Cowher?

Lucky
11-14-2010, 09:47 PM
You can take you Cowher 2011 banner down..lol.. He isn't coming here...
Don't do it, GuerillaBlack. Gotta keep hope alive!

GuerillaBlack
11-14-2010, 09:51 PM
You can take you Cowher 2011 banner down..lol.. He isn't coming here when everyone in Carolina knows that he is the next Panthers coach. Thats home for him...fogit about it.

Why is he the next Panthers coach? That job was enticing to him when his wife was still living (RIP) and his daughters were still living at home. Not to mention the rebuilding process for Carolina. He comes to Houston and we have the talent in place already...we just have a shitty head coach and coordinators. We hire Cowher as the HC and Wade Phillips as the DC. Not sure what OC's are out there that would be good for us.

LOL..19 years old...do you even remember the Oilers..lmao:wadepalm: or are you talking about Cowher?

Like I said, read up on some history. You fail to mention that Bud got all of the renovations he wanted to the Dome just a few years earlier. He then proceeded to get jealous of other new stadiums and wanted to build his own new one. Why would the City of Houston pay to build a new stadium when they just put in millions towards renovations on the current one (that the city is still paying off I believe). How much sense does that make? Yeah.

brakos82
11-14-2010, 09:52 PM
And Texecutioner should keep his Cowher 2010 sig, can never give up. :spin:

ubecool454
11-14-2010, 09:53 PM
I would like to have a coach like Cowher too but I doubt he is even entertaining the thought of coming here but if he does half of the starters on defense would be gone next year or wouldn't be starters. I am not against Kubiak even though I like a azz ripping coach.

Lucky
11-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Not sure what OC's are out there that would be good for us.
I hear Gary Kubiak will be available. Runs the WCO. Is from Houston. Seems like a good fit.

GuerillaBlack
11-14-2010, 10:08 PM
I hear Gary Kubiak will be available. Runs the WCO. Is from Houston. Seems like a good fit.

I think it might be kind of weird for the players to have their coach of 5 years go down to OC. If Kubiak is up for it, I'm fine with it (especially if Cowher is the HC and Wade is the DC). That's be a good coaching unit.

Lucky
11-14-2010, 10:23 PM
Maybe that was too dry? Sarcasm is a lost art.

TexanBacker93
11-14-2010, 10:25 PM
I have to think that if the role's were reversed, Kubiak would have knelt and gone into OT instead of trying a hail mary. He has a loser's mentality and instead of trying to win games he just wants to hope they don't lose.

Kaiser Toro
11-14-2010, 10:25 PM

Dry as the #15 on Denny's Kid's Menu.

GuerillaBlack
11-14-2010, 10:27 PM

Fail on my part. Should have known that was sarcasm.

Lucky
11-14-2010, 10:56 PM
I have to think that if the role's were reversed, Kubiak would have knelt and gone into OT instead of trying a hail mary.
I'm convinced that you're absolutely right. That's says it all.
Dry as the #15 on Denny's Kid's Menu.
Laughter is the best medicine. When you're out of the really good drugs.

gwallaia
11-14-2010, 10:59 PM
When I wake up in the morning, Kubiak and Bush better be gone.

Pantherstang84
11-14-2010, 11:05 PM

You're setting yourself up for disappointment on Monday morning?

Lucky
11-14-2010, 11:13 PM
You're setting yourself up for disappointment on Monday morning?
We're not getting free coffee. Wait...they stopped doing that.

c10x
11-15-2010, 12:17 AM

The Lions are not the same Lions they've been in years past. The D Line is much improved.

The Browns have Rob Ryan as their DC. That defense is the real deal.

The Broncos hung 49 on a team we had to have an amazing 4th quarter comeback against.

Rex Ryan teams, and Rob Ryan teams play very hard, physical, and intimidating football the way its meant to be played. Personally, thats what I want out of a team.

c10x
11-15-2010, 12:18 AM

You are aware thats not gonna happen right?

Also, we're 4-6. Not 1-7. This season is by no means over.

GuerillaBlack
11-15-2010, 12:28 AM

LOL, do you watch this team play? The season is over. And we're 4-5 by the way. And of course he is aware that Kubiak and Smith won't be gone in the morning. Sarcasm meter needed.

eriadoc
11-15-2010, 12:43 AM

LOL, how prescient.

wagonhed
11-15-2010, 01:01 AM
By the way, I'm not advocating for a mid-season firing (I would say I'm neutral to the idea), but I just thought I'd point out how that is working out for the Cowboys. So for all of you who have thought, said, or posted about how firing a coach halfway means sacrificing the season, stop and think about the Cowboys and Jason Garrett for a second.

edit: and yes, I know it's not the same situation. Yes, I realize Garrett was already part of the staff. etc.

leebigeztx
11-15-2010, 01:21 AM
Why is he the next Panthers coach? That job was enticing to him when his wife was still living (RIP) and his daughters were still living at home. Not to mention the rebuilding process for Carolina. He comes to Houston and we have the talent in place already...we just have a shitty head coach and coordinators. We hire Cowher as the HC and Wade Phillips as the DC. Not sure what OC's are out there that would be good for us.

Like I said, read up on some history. You fail to mention that Bud got all of the renovations he wanted to the Dome just a few years earlier. He then proceeded to get jealous of other new stadiums and wanted to build his own new one. Why would the City of Houston pay to build a new stadium when they just put in millions towards renovations on the current one (that the city is still paying off I believe). How much sense does that make? Yeah.

I didn't mean to jump in on your discussions, but I do find it odd for a 19 yr old to tell someone to read up on something about the oilers,lmao. It was a personal pissing contest to say the least. Sure bud got renovations to a old,dated stadium, but anyone who went to the old dome knew it was crap. Now, bud could've played it different, but Lanier took it personal. The Rockets,then Oilers should've gotten a stadium before the astros, but it happened the other way around. If they had built the stadium they have now, it wouldve saved someone 600m. I can say its neither here or there and there is enough fault on both sides.

Back to the cowher thing, they do have a good chance of getting him and he is the only person worth firing kubiak over at the moment. The team would still have to go through the interviw process, but they have alot of elements he would like. The texans really need to clean up their play to be really good imo. They have yet to have a + to differential sonce coming into the league. If they can get to 0, they would probably make the playoffs every year.

GuerillaBlack
11-15-2010, 01:26 AM
I didn't mean to jump in on your discussions, but I do find it odd for a 19 yr old to tell someone to read up on something about the oilers,lmao. It was a personal pissing contest to say the least. Sure bud got renovations to a old,dated stadium, but anyone who went to the old dome knew it was crap. Now, bud could've played it different, but Lanier took it personal. The Rockets,then Oilers should've gotten a stadium before the astros, but it happened the other way around. If they had built the stadium they have now, it wouldve saved someone 600m. I can say its neither here or there and there is enough fault on both sides.

What does my age matter? That's always the easy excuse. I've read enough about what happened from members here who remember it and looked up some stuff myself. The Dome sucked, but Bud got all the renovations he wanted just a couple of years before demanding a new stadium. Now what city would build a new stadium after just renovating a old one that they are still paying for today? What kind of sense does that make? And Bud didn't even contact the Rockets about the dual stadium thing.

leebigeztx
11-15-2010, 02:28 AM
What does my age matter? That's always the easy excuse. I've read enough about what happened from members here who remember it and looked up some stuff myself. The Dome sucked, but Bud got all the renovations he wanted just a couple of years before demanding a new stadium. Now what city would build a new stadium after just renovating a old one that they are still paying for today? What kind of sense does that make? And Bud didn't even contact the Rockets about the dual stadium thing.

It does matter because you weren't watching the news and listening the dialogue going back and forth between the mayor and adams. Bud thought about moving to jacksonville and the city re-upped the old ass dome. That was putting a band-aid on a severed leg. After the band-aid wore off, bud started looking again and the mayor took it personal and called his bluff. Tennessee came with a deal,lanier said go to hell, and bud left. If not for the bumbling mess in La, houston sould stil be teamless. Soon as Bud left, the city found money to build the scrub astros a stadium before the rockets. When it was reported les might leave for virginia, the toyota center came about with the help of the harris county stadium thing. Point is, I'm not saying your age doesn't lend to a perspective, but thats like me telling people about how average I thought Dr J was. He was average to me because when I started watching him from 1981 till he retired, he looked average to me. His best days were in the cba and early nba, but for a soon to be 40 yr old, he looked average in those years. So yeah, age does matter somewhat.

GuerillaBlack
11-15-2010, 06:14 AM
It does matter because you weren't watching the news and listening the dialogue going back and forth between the mayor and adams. Bud thought about moving to jacksonville and the city re-upped the old ass dome. That was putting a band-aid on a severed leg. After the band-aid wore off, bud started looking again and the mayor took it personal and called his bluff. Tennessee came with a deal,lanier said go to hell, and bud left. If not for the bumbling mess in La, houston sould stil be teamless. Soon as Bud left, the city found money to build the scrub astros a stadium before the rockets. When it was reported les might leave for virginia, the toyota center came about with the help of the harris county stadium thing. Point is, I'm not saying your age doesn't lend to a perspective, but thats like me telling people about how average I thought Dr J was. He was average to me because when I started watching him from 1981 till he retired, he looked average to me. His best days were in the cba and early nba, but for a soon to be 40 yr old, he looked average in those years. So yeah, age does matter somewhat.

The money was obviously found because the city didn't want to lose anymore of its teams. And the Toyota Center wasn't built under Lanier's watch (a new basketball arena failed). I see the three teams as different circumstances. From stories from my dad and people on this forum, I won't blame the City of Houston for the Oilers leaving. Just Bud's old greedy self.

Thorn
11-15-2010, 07:44 AM

The first things I checked are this site and the Chronicle. Nope, they are still with us.

For now.

leebigeztx
11-15-2010, 08:14 AM
The money was obviously found because the city didn't want to lose anymore of its teams. And the Toyota Center wasn't built under Lanier's watch (a new basketball arena failed). I see the three teams as different circumstances. From stories from my dad and people on this forum, I won't blame the City of Houston for the Oilers leaving. Just Bud's old greedy self.

They formed the harris county sports authority soon after the oilers left.

http://www.houstonsports.org/about/history/

Now maybe if this venture was formed prior to the oilers leaving, then maybe something couldve been done, but it was formed when they were in the process of leaving. I won't de-rail this anymore, but you can read up on it and then go archive some of the houston chronicle during that time.

thunderkyss
11-15-2010, 09:57 AM

That's what I've been saying, keep hope alive.

Thorn
11-15-2010, 10:00 AM

Hope is always alive for the man dying of thirst, until he's actually dead. I really don't think anyone that posts reguarly on this board is actually going to "switch" and all of a sudden be a fan of another team.

We all have hope, it's just for some of us hope is a warm stale beer we've drank one to many times.

eriadoc
11-15-2010, 10:50 AM

Hope is always alive for the man dying of thirst, until he's actually dead.

Hope is a dangerous thing.

drewmar74
11-15-2010, 02:13 PM
http://www.desipio.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/poop1.jpg

Dear Bob -

Please clean house as shown above.

Thanks,

Drewmar74

rmartin65
09-25-2011, 04:48 PM
I am surprised this bad boy has not been fired up yet.

I dont think he should be axed after this weak, but it was not a well coached game by Kubes.

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 06:14 PM
I am surprised this bad boy has not been fired up yet.

I dont think he should be axed after this weak, but it was not a well coached game by Kubes.

He coached his ass off in the first half.... Payton did not.

Payton won the second half... I don't know what the heck Kubiak was doing in the second half.

ATXtexanfan
09-25-2011, 06:48 PM

Payton won the second half... I don't know what the heck Kubiak was doing in the second half.

kubes qb folded in the second half, duh. would you take schaub over brees? thats where the battle was won today

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 07:04 PM
kubes qb folded in the second half, duh. would you take schaub over brees? thats where the battle was won today

Two weeks from now, someone will bring this game up in an argument. Most likely citing it as a bad game by Matt Schaub. But the stats are going to say Matt had a great game & that's all we will remember.

We had a 6 point lead going into the second half & scored 17 points in the second half. That should have been enough to win. We picked Brees twice, sacked him twice (Schaub only got sacked once, picked once)

As great as our defense played in the first half, they folded when we had the lead. Someone said it in the gameday thread. We were asking too much from our defense.

ObsiWan
09-25-2011, 07:08 PM

I don't get this.
If anything, Kubiak and Dennison should be crucified for the first half. Five red zone visits and only one TD.
If anyone gets torched for the second half it's Wade for allowing 30 (that's a point a minute for those scoring at home) second-half points.

thunderkyss
09-25-2011, 07:11 PM
I don't get this.
If anything, Kubiak and Dennison should be crucified for the first half. Five red zone visits and only one TD.
If anyone gets torched for the second half it's Wade for allowing 30 (that's a point a minute for those scoring at home) second-half points.

And the Saints didn't get to the redzone once in the first half.

What's your point?

We outscored the Saints, 16-10 in the first half.... point, Kubiak.

Second Honeymoon
09-26-2011, 05:51 AM
Kubiak is never going to do squat as a HC. He has never met a challenge he couldn't fail at.

2-19 v. Winning teams on road. You suck, Gary

bigbrewster2000
09-26-2011, 07:33 AM
Kubiak is never going to do squat as a HC. He has never met a challenge he couldn't fail at.

2-19 v. Winning teams on road. You suck, Gary

That's not even close to fair. I dont blame this loss one bit on the HC. The loss sucked especially the way it happened but get real Schaub blew the game not Kubiak.

Thorn
09-26-2011, 08:01 AM
That's not even close to fair. I dont blame this loss one bit on the HC. The loss sucked especially the way it happened but get real Schaub blew the game not Kubiak.

There are a lot of things that went wrong, but I'm waiting to see how the team responds to the Steelers, Raiders and Ravens. As to Kubiak, until he is actually a winning coach, which he isn't, he's still a loser. That's just the way it is.

GNTLEWOLF
09-26-2011, 08:48 AM
There are a lot of things that went wrong, but I'm waiting to see how the team responds to the Steelers, Raiders and Ravens. As to Kubiak, until he is actually a winning coach, which he isn't, he's still a loser. That's just the way it is.

Noy only is this a very reasonable statement, it is also very true. I agree.
Arrrrg! must spread rep

cdain1
12-22-2011, 10:57 PM
Christmas present from me to you Gary. Use this gift any way you see fit.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSASuAkcAG6NeHkGFt_MHZaHCcgfkVXr KySBddqYvCi7eScfA0juQlkMhET_A

:toropalm:

eriadoc
12-22-2011, 10:59 PM
95 games in his head coaching career - NINETY FIVES GAMES - and he's 47-48.

I really don't think there's much else that needs to be said.

MEGA SWATT
12-22-2011, 11:05 PM
95 games in his head coaching career - NINETY FIVES GAMES - and he's 47-48.

I really don't think there's much else that needs to be said.

All that matters is the last 15 games. He's 10-5, locked up the AFC South C'ship - end of story. The only reason he does not have a legit shot at a SB this yr is due to very key injuries.

eriadoc
12-22-2011, 11:06 PM
All that matters is the last 15 games. He's 10-5, locked up the AFC South C'ship - end of story. The only reason he does not have a legit shot at a SB this yr is due to very key injuries.

Actually, all that matters are the next two to four games. Unfortunately, past performance IS an indicator of future success.

Brisco_County
12-22-2011, 11:16 PM
I'm not defending Kubiak here, but going from "coach of the year" to "off with his head" is pretty schitzo.

eriadoc
10-14-2012, 10:06 PM
The underlying problems remain. Just one bad game, but the problems that made him a mediocre coach his first 95 games are still there.

Lurvinator11
10-14-2012, 10:41 PM
It's silly to bring up this thread. Absolutely silly. It wasn't just Kubiak, it was the WHOLE DAMN TEAM! Are we gonna fire them too??

If we are going to fire anyone, it is Coach Joe.

Dude has overstayed his welcome.

The loss was bad, but we are over reacting. Now if we finish like 8-8 after starting 5-0, then yes. Fire everyone.

fiasco west
10-14-2012, 10:43 PM
Fire Wade too.

Get rid of Rick Smith while we are at it...

Time to rebuild. (What a horrible time to bump this thread.)

Maddict5
10-14-2012, 10:45 PM
HoustonDiehards.com ‏@HoustonDiehards
Over reactive, whiny, crying fans. @AnnaMegan: Which Texans player are you the most irritated with right now?
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Mailman
10-14-2012, 10:48 PM
The underlying problems remain. Just one bad game, but the problems that made him a mediocre coach his first 95 games are still there.

You bumped this thread for this?

It's one loss, after five consecutive wins, not to mention that divisional playoff game last season...and you still want to fire the coach?

Wow. Just freakin wow.

Hervoyel
10-14-2012, 10:52 PM
Two weeks from now, someone will bring this game up in an argument. Most likely citing it as a bad game by Matt Schaub. But the stats are going to say Matt had a great game & that's all we will remember.

We had a 6 point lead going into the second half & scored 17 points in the second half. That should have been enough to win. We picked Brees twice, sacked him twice (Schaub only got sacked once, picked once)

As great as our defense played in the first half, they folded when we had the lead. Someone said it in the gameday thread. We were asking too much from our defense.

You know, it's interesting that you mention Matt's bad game because I thought before the game started when they showed him in pre-game warmups he had the weirdest look on his face. He looked like he was already whipped. I'm serious, I want to go back and dig up some screenshots of that because it caught my attention right away. It was some of the most negative, hang-dog looking it expression and body language I can remember ever seeing out of him. He looked like that all night from the opening drive. It's like he was pissed off about something and not something he could channel into his game.

I wonder what was up with that?

eriadoc
10-14-2012, 10:52 PM
It's silly to bring up this thread. Absolutely silly. It wasn't just Kubiak, it was the WHOLE DAMN TEAM! Are we gonna fire them too??

This game, it was the whole team. Every game, it's whole team. You're absolutely right. But you know what? There's one common thread and Kubiak's problems haven't changed. Take away Kubiak's issues tonight and they probably still get beat. But after this long, those problems shouldn't be contributing to a loss like this. A loss is just a loss. This one stings a bit more.

If we are going to fire anyone, it is Coach Joe.

Dude has overstayed his welcome.

Well, there's one guy that's been keeping him around past his welcome. If you need a hint, check the thread title.

The loss was bad, but we are over reacting. Now if we finish like 8-8 after starting 5-0, then yes. Fire everyone.

Fire Wade too.

Get rid of Rick Smith while we are at it...

Time to rebuild. (What a horrible time to bump this thread.)

Actually, the great thing about bumping this three year old thread is that it isn't overreacting. It's a thought process that's been marinating for three years (more for some). It's not like the team got blown out tonight and people started thinking Kubiak is awful despite a 5-1 record. It's that we've thought he's awful for a very long time and the same old, same old problems resurfaced tonight. That's all.

Hervoyel
10-14-2012, 10:55 PM
I'm not defending Kubiak here, but going from "coach of the year" to "off with his head" is pretty schitzo.

Not really. Not if you never thought he deserved the award to begin with.

Coach of the year was Wade Phillips. Gary was luckiest coach of the year.

But no, I'm not calling for his firing. Mostly because I know it's not going to happen any time in the next decade. Gary Kubiak's won a playoff game. Gary's gonna be here as long as he wants.