PDA

View Full Version : The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

DexmanC
11-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Does anyone know why I can't change my avatar to something custom? I only have the preset options and nowhere to select my own. Help! I'm trying to join the pink soapers.

Oh also I can't change my signature apparently.

Pre-edit your photo to match the required specs. If they aren't EXACT,
you can't use it. For your avatar:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 150 by 80 pixels or 24.4 KB (whichever is smaller).

GuerillaBlack
11-02-2010, 06:54 PM
Does anyone know why I can't change my avatar to something custom? I only have the preset options and nowhere to select my own. Help! I'm trying to join the pink soapers.

I assume you want a pink soap?

wagonhed
11-02-2010, 06:54 PM
Pre-edit your photo to match the required specs. If they aren't EXACT,
you can't use it. For your avatar:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 150 by 80 pixels or 24.4 KB (whichever is smaller).
No, I mean, there isn't even an option anywhere that lets me try to choose one. And I used to have a custom one when I joined and now the option is gone, or I can't find it. lol.

wagonhed
11-02-2010, 06:55 PM
I assume you want a pink soap?
Yes!

ps - sorry for the slight derail

GuerillaBlack
11-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Put this into the avatar image url box (click the link then copy the entire url): http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=6877&dateline=1288732055.jpg

Lucky
11-02-2010, 07:05 PM
You've got to hate Kubiak to think that was his plan. That he wanted to come out unbalanced, that he would ignore something that was working. That he would continue to put Schaub in bad situations.

I don't hate Kubiak, I don't think he's stupid. Something else must have been going on.
You're in the 1st stage of grief. Denial. You have a long way to go. When you become a Stage Fiver, like myself, you'll be able accept Kubiak's brainfarts much easier.

Wolf
11-02-2010, 07:07 PM
http://blogs.chron.com/fanblogtexans/Gary_Kubiak_Best_of_Houston.jpg

CretorFrigg
11-02-2010, 07:09 PM
You're in the 1st stage of grief. Denial. You have a long way to go. When you become a Stage Fiver, like myself, you'll be able accept Kubiak's brainfarts much easier.

Couldn't. Agree. More.

This feels like the David Carr saga all over again. I honestly wanted to believe in Carr. I blamed it on the o-line. I blamed it on the receivers. I blamed it on the coach. But at some point, you'll have to question whether your blind adherence is legitimate or not.

thunderkyss
11-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Couldn't. Agree. More.

This feels like the David Carr saga all over again. I honestly wanted to believe in Carr. I blamed it on the o-line. I blamed it on the receivers. I blamed it on the coach. But at some point, you'll have to question whether your blind adherence is legitimate or not.

This is nothing at all like David Carr. It was easy to see his short-comings. He never looked downfield, he ran into sacks, he had no idea what the defense was doing so he had to stare down his recievers to wait for them to get open. He had no working knowledge of ball placement.

Kubiak on the other hand. You can say that the play calling was atrocious. But we don't know what the play calls were. We don't know which ones Matt checked out of run plays into pass plays. Every body knows he has this capability. But every body thinks he'll be as successful as Peyton when he does this.

3rd & 2, 4th & 2... yeah, we could have run the ball. Doesn't make passing the ball a bad idea when you have Matt Schaub, Andre Johnson, & the ball hitting the receiver in stride.

We're complaining about not running the ball... no one wants to talk about being 6 for 18 for 37 yards? David Garrard didn't have that problem. Vince Young won't have that problem.

He's not fire & Brimstone... he doesn't have a huge chin.... But he's doing a good job & we still have an opportunity to win 10+ games & get to the play-offs this year.

DexmanC
11-02-2010, 07:55 PM
You've got to hate Kubiak to think that was his plan. That he wanted to come out unbalanced, that he would ignore something that was working. That he would continue to put Schaub in bad situations.

http://i47.tinypic.com/348j1pv.jpg
"As long as TK believes in me, I'm YOUR COACH!"
"Results be-damned, my kids'll keep battlin.'"

http://i50.tinypic.com/vhdb0j.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/wjxmyv.jpg

Well. At least we have a Dialogue.

thunderkyss
11-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Well. At least we have a Dialogue.

Results be damned? Who said that?

I'm just not ready to give up on this team, or this season. If we get to 5-7 then your rhetoric would actually make sense, you act as if we already are. We're 4-3, & haven't played our best football yet.

I get that the schedule gets tougher from here on out, but the games still have to be played.

GP
11-02-2010, 08:15 PM
@ GP

You should bring back that sig (or avatar, forget which one) that was like team logos in space and the lombardi trophy and way off in the distance was the Texans logo and the dad was telling his son "and way over there is our team"

Lol

You remember what I'm talking about? Think it's time to bust that out.

Roger that.

Wolf
11-02-2010, 08:23 PM
guess I am down because this defense haven't given up less than 24 points in any given game... plus it isn't like last year where our loses were close except for the Jets game, this season , we are getting punched in the mouth early and ***** slapped the rest of the way..

Unless there is some miracle with the defense, Bush has to got to go.

thunderkyss
11-02-2010, 08:27 PM
guess I am down because this defense haven't given up less than 24 points in any given game... plus it isn't like last year where our loses were close except for the Jets game, this season , we are getting punched in the mouth early and ***** slapped the rest of the way..

Unless there is some miracle with the defense, Bush has to got to go.

They only gave up 23 yesterday.

Wolf
11-02-2010, 08:34 PM
They only gave up 23 yesterday.

well yeah.. if you get technical with it

just frustration with this defense

DexmanC
11-02-2010, 08:43 PM

That's what he does. Accept it, and never argue with it.

For instance:

Me: "I'm SICK of the Texans giving up 400 yards a game!"

TK: "They only gave up 399.99083789070891237489078901249237 yards this week."
TK: "They were even worse last week by giving up 399.99083789070891237489078901249238."
TK: "This team is getting better under Kubiak. They're still young, although in their 5th season!"

See?

Just smile, and don't argue with him. He's trying to cope with the foolishness
we see on the field the best he can.

Hervoyel
11-02-2010, 08:54 PM

For instance:

TK: "They were even worse last week by giving up 399.99083789070891237489078901249238."
TK: "This team is getting better under Kubiak. They're still young, although in their 5th season!"

See?

We each deal with it using the "tools" we have at hand. Because we basically all want the same thing I can't get too wound up over TK. He's just another Daydream Believer looking for a sign.

GP
11-02-2010, 10:59 PM

For instance:

See?

"That's not what I said."

houstonspartan
11-02-2010, 11:32 PM

For instance:

See?

Lol!

True story: Last night, a good friend and I got into a heated-ass argument after the game at Buffalo Wild Wings. He's Mr. Rah, Rah, the TExans can never do no wrong.

I told him that this defense is really getting on my nerves and I'm tired of this shit. This fool said - and I kid you not - "Well, the Texans have always had a bad defense. Kubiak inherited it."

That's what he said. Granted, this was after a dozen or so beers, but he would have said the same thing regardless. I told him that this is Kubiak's defense and that he needed to own it. He then told me I needed to have a bit more loyalty, and that good teams take a while to build. I damn near screamed that I"ve been a season ticket holder for five years, and that Kubiak has had enough time to build a team.

Some people want to give Kubiak a lifetime contract. If you complain that the team has holes, they say, "Well, but, it was even worse under Capers."

It's a total loser mentality.

Scooter
11-03-2010, 02:51 AM
it's kinda funny re-reading some of my posts in this thread, i get drunk and argue just to argue ... making a lick of sense rarely coming into play lol.

Showtime100
11-03-2010, 03:49 AM
it's kinda funny re-reading some of my posts in this thread, i get drunk and argue just to argue ... making a lick of sense rarely coming into play lol.

I can certainly relate. Somebody named Mojo might agree. All kidding aside, I hate when that happens.

HTown2ATX
11-03-2010, 07:05 AM
Roger that.

Awesome!!

Rep.

Thorn
11-03-2010, 07:17 AM
Two things.

One. I'm sick and tired of Kubiak and his damned excuses and poor play from such a talented team.

Two. The season isn't over with yet.

I'm wrestling with those two items because they both are true. A few more loses though, and you can throw item two out the window.

Kimmy
11-03-2010, 07:54 AM
Two things.

One. I'm sick and tired of Kubiak and his damned excuses and poor play from such a talented team.

Two. The season isn't over with yet.

I'm wrestling with those two items because they both are true. A few more loses though, and you can throw item two out the window.

"In each of us two natures are at war ... The good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, but one of them must conquer. In our own hands lies the power to chose. What we want most to be, we are." -- Dr. Henry Jekyll

MightyTExan
11-03-2010, 08:02 AM
Isn't this the time of the year for the typical 4-5 game losing streak?

HTown2ATX
11-03-2010, 08:10 AM

Lol....followed by the 4-5 game winning streak in meaningless games at the end of the year to save everyones job.

Thorn
11-03-2010, 08:19 AM
Lol....followed by the 4-5 game winning streak in meaningless games at the end of the year to save everyones job.

If this happens again this year I'm gonna go crazy.

HTown2ATX
11-03-2010, 08:29 AM
If this happens again this year I'm gonna go crazy.

Yes sir! You and me both and probably most of this board sans those that have rose glasses on as of now already.

I have never been in the fire him now club. But, if that happens again this year, I'll be a new member to the soap club. I'm giving him until the end of the year. Tick - tock Kubiak, tick - tock.

drs23
11-03-2010, 11:47 AM

If ya get a handle on that issue Wagonhed let me know. Been trying to do it since everything went green with no luck whatsoever. Try it at least once a week to no avail.

thunderkyss
11-03-2010, 02:31 PM

I'm with you. Important game, they came out of the half, & allowed Indy to march 70 yards for a touchdown.

No more touchdowns after that, but two 5+ minute drives for field goals killed us.

thunderkyss
11-03-2010, 02:36 PM

I'm just looking for accuracy. I'm griping about the same problem we've had for 8 weeks, a piss-poor passing game, which I would think should be more alarming to more people.

Sure, we put up 400 yards in several games, & we're top 5 or whatever, but every one of those games we aired it out because we were playing catch-up because the passing game is broke.

& it's not the playcalling, we've got wide open receivers who either don't catch the ball, or the ball is thrown late or behind the receiver.

In all honesty, now that I think about it, it's like Kubiak said..... don't worry about the running game after 2008, & 2009 we stink. Don't worry about the passing game after 2009, & 2010 we stink.

Let's jump on that a real problem, & I'll be on your side.

DexmanC
11-03-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm just looking for accuracy. I'm griping about the same problem we've had for 8 weeks, a piss-poor passing game, which I would think should be more alarming to more people.

Sure, we put up 400 yards in several games, & we're top 5 or whatever, but every one of those games we aired it out because we were playing catch-up because the passing game is broke.

& it's not the playcalling, we've got wide open receivers who either don't catch the ball, or the ball is thrown late or behind the receiver.

In all honesty, now that I think about it, it's like Kubiak said..... don't worry about the running game after 2008, & 2009 we stink. Don't worry about the passing game after 2009, & 2010 we stink.

Let's jump on that a real problem, & I'll be on your side.

Every year it's one phase up, another phase down. Then it's one
phase down, another phase up.

What do you get, when one component drops at the equal pace
the other component rises? 50/50

What's Kubiak's record over 4.5 seasons? 35-36

How many more years of this must we endure? There are many
Mike Tomlins and Todd Haleys waiting for an opportunity. Hell,
just look at Tampa Bay. We're wasting time when we know
what we've got just ain't good enough.

thunderkyss
11-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Lol!
I damn near screamed that I"ve been a season ticket holder for five years, and that Kubiak has had enough time to build a team.

Some people want to give Kubiak a lifetime contract. If you complain that the team has holes, they say, "Well, but, it was even worse under Capers."

It's a total loser mentality.

I bought my tickets in 2006, technically, this is my fifth season, just like Kubiak's fifth season.

I think 5 years is where the line should be, from where we were..... no identity, no history, no "vets" worth a damn. He started with less than nothing.

He should have done it in 4 years, but he didn't. I'm fine with giving him one more year. & I've always said that. If he does it in 3 years, great. 4 years good. 5 years.... eh.

But 5 years isn't halfway over yet. The team doesn't look good, & I'm very disappointed. But even if we went 7-0 to this point, 8-0 by next week, we wouldn't have learned anything about this team. The test is coming up.

going 8-0 would have allowed us to go 4-4 over the last 8 games, beating Denver, Philly, & splitting with Tennessee & Jacksonville. Which is right where we've been the last 3 years.

Everybody would be happy, because we're going to the play-offs with a 12-4 record & most likely lose our first play-off game ever.

It's getting tougher & tougher for us to win 10 games, without sweeping a division rival & beating Jets or Baltimore.

RTP2110
11-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Every year it's one phase up, another phase down. Then it's one
phase down, another phase up.

Yep, I made a similar note a bit earlier. Kubiak does a lot of goods things, but every years there's always some huge crippling issue that is destroying our season.

bckey
11-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Sometimes I wonder if you even watch the Texans after reading your posts. You don't ever seem to be accurate about the things that take place on the field and always go into "spin mode" for Kubiak using every effort possible without any real logic that goes back to football or how this team plays. It just seems that way to me. I wonder if you just enjoy being controversial or something, I dunno, but it just never seems to add up.

I wonder the same thing.

Brisco_County
11-03-2010, 11:58 PM
You know who else has a team full of young, under-developed talent? The Patriots. And they're 6-1.

wagonhed
11-04-2010, 12:24 AM
The Buccaneers have a better record than us.

TexCanada
11-04-2010, 12:37 AM
All this arguing, while fun, is extremely redundant. Basically everybody is on the same page that if Kubes doesn't perform well for the rest of the season then he is out the door. Even his strongest supporters are getting on board with this idea. All we can do now is cheer our team on and hope that somehow we manage to reach the playoffs. Go Texans!

sometexansfan
11-04-2010, 12:50 AM
All this arguing, while fun, is extremely redundant. Basically everybody is on the same page that if Kubes doesn't perform well for the rest of the season then he is out the door. Even his strongest supporters are getting on board with this idea. All we can do now is cheer our team on and hope that somehow we manage to reach the playoffs. Go Texans!

^^^This.

Texan_Bill
11-04-2010, 12:54 AM

Yep, I can get with that!!!!

You were repped!!

thunderkyss
11-04-2010, 01:10 AM
How many more years of this must we endure? There are many
Mike Tomlins and Todd Haleys waiting for an opportunity. Hell,
just look at Tampa Bay. We're wasting time when we know
what we've got just ain't good enough.

So now you're telling me that Todd Haley is a good coach? That Raheem Morris(?) is a good coach?

This is based on what, have they won Super Bowls like Tomlin that buys them some cred? The Mike Tomlin good coach that took a Super Bowl team to 9-7 & behind the Texans in tie breakers?

You've seen Kubiak put this team together from scratch... You may not like it, but I don't see how you can deny a consistent 8-8 is better than what we were before he got here. Like I said, I can understand you not liking that, but what has Raheem Morris & Tod Haley done that makes them "good coaches" or even worthy of the opportunity they were given?

Obviously you are using something other than past history, because neither has any.

Obviously you are using something other than current W-L record, because ours is right there with theirs. Don't tell me stats all of a sudden mean something now.

Don't you even want to wait & see how TB does against Atl & NO before you start singing Raheem Morris praises?

Todd Haley??

Really?

Wow........

Grams
11-04-2010, 06:17 AM
You know who else has a team full of young, under-developed talent? The Patriots. And they're 6-1.

But they have a proven head coach that has taken them to the Super Bowl - more than once.

Ours has proven that he can take this team to .500. That does not get you to the playoffs much less the Super Bowl.

If we end up at .500 again - he needs to go. At 9-7 he still needs to go. If we end up at the bottom of the AFC South - he needs to go.

I have been a supporter, but Monday night's game did me in.

Trail.Blazr
11-04-2010, 09:00 AM
But they have a proven head coach that has taken them to the Super Bowl - more than once.

Ours has proven that he can take this team to .500. That does not get you to the playoffs much less the Super Bowl.

If we end up at .500 again - he needs to go. At 9-7 he still needs to go. If we end up at the bottom of the AFC South - he needs to go.

I have been a supporter, but Monday night's game did me in.

Ditto. For the first time ever, I'm flying the pink soap now. He's arguably not the full reason for mediocrity, but his position is the one held accountable.

I'm convinced he could drive the Steelers to 8-8.

Double Barrel
11-04-2010, 10:23 AM
I heard an interesting stat on the radio this morning. Only three current coaches in the NFL that have two or more years experience have losing records: Norv Turner, Marvin Lewis, and Gary Kubiak. Only one of them have never been the playoffs.

DexmanC
11-04-2010, 11:10 AM
So now you're telling me that Todd Haley is a good coach? That Raheem Morris(?) is a good coach?

This is based on what, have they won Super Bowls like Tomlin that buys them some cred? The Mike Tomlin good coach that took a Super Bowl team to 9-7 & behind the Texans in tie breakers?

You've seen Kubiak put this team together from scratch... You may not like it, but I don't see how you can deny a consistent 8-8 is better than what we were before he got here. Like I said, I can understand you not liking that, but what has Raheem Morris & Tod Haley done that makes them "good coaches" or even worthy of the opportunity they were given?

Obviously you are using something other than past history, because neither has any.

Obviously you are using something other than current W-L record, because ours is right there with theirs. Don't tell me stats all of a sudden mean something now.

Don't you even want to wait & see how TB does against Atl & NO before you start singing Raheem Morris praises?

Todd Haley??

Really?

Wow........

I'm tellin you all those coaches have accomplished more in THEIR first
two seasons, than Kubiak has in FIVE. Add Mike Smith to that list.

gary
11-04-2010, 11:33 AM
This debate is tiredless and pointless.

Texan_Bill
11-04-2010, 11:36 AM

But it will keep going and going and going. People have to prove how smart they are. :worldpeace:

DexmanC
11-04-2010, 11:56 AM

This is a thread where people come to vent. When Kubiak stops giving
us reasons, then the thread will die.

Brando
11-04-2010, 12:02 PM

That's how I feel!:tiphat:

VTexan
11-04-2010, 12:04 PM

Then don't read it.

Problem solved.

Ckw
11-04-2010, 12:11 PM
This is a thread where people come to vent. When Kubiak stops giving
us reasons, then the thread will die.

Then don't read it.

Problem solved.

Exactly. I really don't understand why people have the need to even come in here and comment if they can't stand the thread so much. So what if it pops up on the newest posts. Just see it and go onto the next thread you are interested in.

Sure, the arguments may be tiresome, and I admit I get a bit tired of it too. But I can't blame people for wanting a place to come vent their frustrations. It is depressing being 9 years in and still looking for our first playoff appearance. It is frustrating to every year get your hopes up and think this is the year and that maybe finally Kubiak has put it all together and the constant mental lapses, poor clock management, strange substitutions, and head scratching game planning will be over with and we will look like a professional organization, but then the same things continue to happen. It is like being stuck in Groundhog Day living the same day over and over and over again.

:choke:

Texan_Bill
11-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Exactly. I really don't understand why people have the need to even come in here and comment if they can't stand the thread so much. So what if it pops up on the newest posts. Just see it and go onto the next thread you are interested in.

Sure, the arguments may be tiresome, and I admit I get a bit tired of it too. But I can't blame people for wanting a place to come vent their frustrations. It is depressing being 9 years in and still looking for our first playoff appearance. It is frustrating to every year get your hopes up and think this is the year and that maybe finally Kubiak has put it all together and the constant mental lapses, poor clock management, strange substitutions, and head scratching game planning will be over with and we will look like a professional organization, but then the same things continue to happen. It is like being stuck in Groundhog Day living the same day over and over and over again.

:choke:

Because there are 15 others where people whine like little girls.

Ckw
11-04-2010, 12:18 PM

Well, I agree with that but this seems like the more suitable thread for the people to "whine like little girls." After all, it is labeled "The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread" and what do you know? People in this thread are talking about how they don't like Kubiak!

Should the constant "whining" be limited mostly to this thread? Sure, I can go with that.

Texan_Bill
11-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Well, I agree with that but this seems like the more suitable thread for the people to "whine like little girls." After all, it is labeled "The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread" and what do you know? People in this thread are talking about how they don't like Kubiak!

Should the constant "whining" be limited mostly to this thread? Sure, I can go with that.

There are how many threads dedicated to Kubiak? Even threads that don't start off that way wind up that way... It's tired and it's boring.

I get that people want to vent and that's groovy. I vented. I wasn't any happier with this past week's performance than anyone else. That poor performance is on both coaches and players alike, I get that...

But's it Thursday... time to move on and think about San Diego coming here.

Thorn
11-04-2010, 12:25 PM

So, if they wore dresses, would you pay closer attention? LOL

Texan_Bill
11-04-2010, 12:26 PM
So, if they wore dresses, would you pay closer attention? LOL

Would they have hairy legs? :kitten:

JB
11-04-2010, 12:28 PM

Are they french? :kitten:

FirstTexansFan
11-04-2010, 12:28 PM

I shaved my legs :)

Hervoyel
11-04-2010, 12:30 PM
I've given it some thought in the past day or two and I think I'm more in the "BURN KUBIAK AT THE STAKE" crowd. In fact I think I might start that thread. A loss at home against San Diego will fill my ranks with supporters and fellow advocates of human sacrifice to stop the losing and miserable football.

Thorn
11-04-2010, 12:34 PM

We really didn't what to know that! :eek:

Texan_Bill
11-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Are they french? :kitten:

No but they have ticklers..

:eek: Waaaaaaaay too much information!!

:runaway:

Double Barrel
11-04-2010, 12:38 PM

So was Kubiak's playcalling in the Colts game.

And the beat goes on... :ant:

gary
11-04-2010, 01:09 PM

There are those who support him and those who do not it ends there for me.

hobie
11-04-2010, 02:31 PM

Dude, for some reason, that is just funny as **U**K !!

HTown2ATX
11-04-2010, 02:46 PM

Lol....been reading the ole Adam and Eve catalog there today? :devilpig:

Nice...:cool:

eriadoc
11-04-2010, 05:25 PM
I heard an interesting stat on the radio this morning. Only three current coaches in the NFL that have two or more years experience have losing records: Norv Turner, Marvin Lewis, and Gary Kubiak. Only one of them have never been the playoffs.

This bears repeating.

Mr. White
11-04-2010, 07:15 PM

So we're talking about the Texans' D now?

I wonder which one of his guys is the leading tickler right now. I haven't checked the stats lately.

GNTLEWOLF
11-04-2010, 08:16 PM
I've given it some thought in the past day or two and I think I'm more in the "BURN KUBIAK AT THE STAKE" crowd. In fact I think I might start that thread. A loss at home against San Diego will fill my ranks with supporters and fellow advocates of human sacrifice to stop the losing and miserable football.

What you said!

Texan_Bill
11-04-2010, 08:23 PM

As much as I agree with Gary, I have to agree with you too. :D

gary
11-04-2010, 08:51 PM
I am now a Green soaper lol.

JB
11-04-2010, 09:00 PM

Enjoy it.

Texan_Bill
11-04-2010, 09:01 PM

You went to the dark side, SuperGary!!

gary
11-04-2010, 09:05 PM
You went to the dark side, SuperGary!!Sure have.

Texan_Bill
11-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Sure have.

Giving into peer pressure, eh? :kitten:

sometexansfan
11-05-2010, 08:15 AM
I'd go with the soap too if my only choices weren't pink or green. Until then I'll just stick with the happy kitty.

spurstexanstros
11-05-2010, 09:19 AM
so last time the soapers got what they wanted and richard smith was fired and now the defense is worse off....the same soapers now want Kubiak gone for what a chance(thats it a chance) to aim for Cowher when more than likely get a dennis green type...

Kubiak has improved this team every year he has been here and you want to get rid of him...the logic of some on this board escapes me.

Trail.Blazr
11-05-2010, 09:21 AM
so last time the soapers got what they wanted and richard smith was fired and now the defense is worse off....the same soapers now want Kubiak gone for what a chance(thats it a chance) to aim for Cowher when more than likely get a dennis green type...

Kubiak has improved this team every year he has been here and you want to get rid of him...the logic of some on this board escapes me.

That aint right!....

Signed,
Larry Dierker

Grams
11-05-2010, 09:21 AM

Did you watch the Cowboys, Giants or the 2nd Indy game this year??

spurstexanstros
11-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Did you watch the Cowboys, Giants or the 2nd Indy game this year??

so he gets no credit for the 4 wins? and the 1 red zone offense in the league ( an improvement over last year)

Grams
11-05-2010, 10:02 AM
so he gets no credit for the 4 wins? and the 1 red zone offense in the league ( an improvement over last year)

Those 3 losses - esp the 2nd Indy game - way out distance any credit for the wins. - just my opinion.

It is not the losses that bother me - it is the way we lost those 3 games.

There has been only 1 game this year where the team actually looked like a competitive real-life NFL team. That was game 1, game 2 was good. But after week 2 - we are lucky to have won the other 2.

GuerillaBlack
11-05-2010, 10:37 AM

Kubiak has definitely increased the talent on this team. The problem is, he isn't taken this talent ANYWHERE. I really hope that I'm proven wrong the rest of this season, but I highly doubt it. That Indy game on MNF was enough for me.

eriadoc
11-05-2010, 10:59 AM

Dare to dream. And by the way, the defense is worse off because Kubiak (our esteemed HC) hired a coach from the worst unit on the team (the defense). It's a lot like when Capers fired Palmer as OC and promoted the OL coach after the OL had been atrocious. Doesn't make a lot of sense, huh?

Sure he gets credit for the 4 wins - the same credit he had this time last year, as he was 4-3 then, too.

Look, you can quote improvement in this area or that all you want, but the one area that everyone agrees he's improved the team is overall talent. So people want to see that overall talent WIN GAMES - more than last year, in case you're wondering. And I think everyone has said that Kubiak gets this year, it's just that some of us have zero faith he'll get to the playoffs this year. Maybe we're right, maybe we're wrong, but we're not morons for predicting it, and if we end up right, we aren't the ones calling y'all morons for believing.

Furthermore, fans don't want to see the team come out playing like total s&^t FIVE GAMES THIS YEAR. We were lucky to win two of those, but five out of seven games this year, the team has come out and played like crap.

That is a trend, from which information can be gleaned.

thunderkyss
11-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Kubiak has definitely increased the talent on this team. The problem is, he isn't taken this talent ANYWHERE. I really hope that I'm proven wrong the rest of this season, but I highly doubt it. That Indy game on MNF was enough for me.

This team didn't even know how to play football before Kubiak got here. We were ranked in the bottom of the league in almost every category imaginable. Points, yards, wins, red zone, turnovers, whatever. If there was a spot for last place, we were either in it, or pretty damn close.

Kubiak has brought us a top rankings in several categories on both sides of the ball. We're struggling right now as a defense, & I know he gets the blame for that, but I'm confident that is about to turn around.

I know we lost, and the "improvement" is intangible & didn't help us worth a damn this game, just saying there was "improvement"

Sept, the leading receiver had 163 yards and a touchdown. he was targeted 12 times & caught 11 balls.

Nov, the leading receiver had 78 yards he was targeted 11 times, caught 7 balls. No touchdowns. (it was also interesting how they made the call to put KJack on Garson when they got in the redzone. on that possession, Garson was killing McCain. Peyton went to Wayne (attacking McCain I believe) & McCain did his job keeping Wayne off his route).

Reggie Wayne was targeted 10 times, caught 7 balls for 99 yards & a touchdown in Sept. He was targeted 12 times caught 4 balls for 39 yards and a touchdown Monday night.

Peyton Manning 433 yards 3 TDs sacked twice in Sept. 268 yards, 2 TDs, sacked once in November.

We didn't win the game. Any improvement I may have seen didn't amount to squat in that game or any game prior. I'm looking towards the future & see a glimmer of hope.

GP
11-05-2010, 11:39 AM

I see no new formations on offense. All I see are long, slow-developing pass plays that end up with Schaub triple-pumping the football while dancing as he stands in place, trying to wait for the play to fully develop, and he barely gets the ball off OR gets sacked.

This crap is wearing down everyone. It weighs down the offensive line who has to pass block longer than they should. It's hurting Schaub (physically) and causing him to develop Carr Syndrome. The receivers and TEs aren't open anymore and can't even turn around to find the ball because Schaub is on the turf or scrambled away and out of position to throw the ball.

This offensive coordinator, Dennison, has screwed up the offense. Period. And Kubiak isn't stepping in and taking control. Or is he? Whose freaking fault is it, ultimately, that after Game 1 of this season our offense cannot adjust, will not adjust, and decides to just repeat the same mistakes for an entire game?

No new formations, pitiful audibling, long-developing pass plays that almost always end horrificly (unless the DB falls down on the play), a fundamentally stupid decision to NOT run for 200 yards on The Manning. How can the coaches be so blind as to do all of these things, repeatedly, and NOT learn for the mistakes?

It makes me wonder if the coaches and players actually care. Wouldn't someone stop and ask themselves, "Gee, what we have been doing is NOT working. Maybe we need to stop everything we're doing, cancel things that are on the plate this week, and just run through some new options or get back to our roots on things."

I want to see more three-step drops and quick pass plays that GETS THE BALL IN THE HANDS OF OUR RECEIVERS AND TEs. I want to see more rushing plays with Foster. And I think our defense would agree with me. As bad as they are, they at least deserve to get a break every now and then.

This team is two bad games from imploding. Completely. You'll see gossip to the media, like when Dunta called out Carr, you'll see guys not even looking at each other on the sidelines. You'll see people just let routes go, or slow down on a route, or not make an effort to get both feet inbounds on a pass catch attempt, etc. Mark my words, Kubiak's job is on the line during these next two games. He wouldn't get canned after these two games...but it will signify that the players will say "Adios" to Gurry Kubiak.

There's no sense of urgency. And Kubiak and Smith have run this team like a cult. Reporters don't ask hard questions. Moves are made by Kubiak that insult the average person's intelligence. Basically, they do whatever they want and never have to face accountability for it. That's what a cult does: It operates outside the normal, standard procedures and cultural mores...it threatens members with ostracization if the members don't totally buy in, and it doesn't care about how it appears to the outside world. It's in its own world. Its own realm.

Kubiak is a space cadet at this point. He left the earth, and he's clueless as to what's happening down on earth where everyone else is living. And yet HE is in charge, he knows better than anybody else, etc. LOL.

This is a recipe for a firing. Plain and simple.

GP
11-05-2010, 11:52 AM
This team didn't even know how to play football before Kubiak got here.

Correction: This team, prior to Kubiak, didn't know how to build a better offense and gather the players necessary for it. And the GM was a doofus when it came to players' contracts. Both those things have been made better, by a mile, but that's NOT the current issue TK.

Look, TK, you are separating OFFENSE BUILDING and HEAD COACHING.

Two entirely separate entities.

Yes, a big fat "THANK YOU!" to Kubiak for creating this offense. He's a great construction man. But it takes more than building it. Period.

It's as if Kubiak is resting on his laurels. He's coasting now. "Hey, I built this $#@! thing, what more can I do?!?!?"

That's not what we need now. We need the guy who can stand a thousand feet above the ground and survey things and know what to do...for EACH AND EVERY team we face and how best to exploit their weaknesses.

Kubiak's obviously trotting his offense out there and saying "We're going to do THESE things and make them stop us." Of course, this begs the question: "Why didn't he do vs. the Colts in the MNF game that he was succesful with in week 1 vs. the Colts?" I need an answer, please. I don't wnat your spin. I don't want your theories.

ONE SIMPLE QUESTION: "Why, for the love of Pete Rozelle, did Gary Kubiak NOT employ and utilize the very same recipe in the second Colts game that he used in the second half of the Colts game during week 1?" In the second half of the Colts game, we utilized Foster. He didn't even get the rock in the first half of week 1. A little, I concede, but not like he did in the second half.

At halftime of week 1, they switched their tactics. To great success. I guess that tactic was good for only one half of football? Our opponent didn't change, TK. They didn't do anything in about 4 weeks of time that makes them able to stop the run. Our leaders, however, DID. They CHOSE to not run the ball.

You have to stop this argumentative mindset pertaining to whether GK is a good coach, or WILL be a good coach. The results are in. He's NOT. Great builder of offenses, poor strategist when it comes to planning for opponents.

That second bit is what gets him fired at the end of this season. The players can't overcome it. The guy built a Ferrari, but he decided one day to take thengine out and replace it with a Yugo engine. Then, one day, he decided to put the original motor back in. Then, he decides to take it out and put in a Prius engine. He can't figure out why the car won't drive. Duh.

tedr
11-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Even under the worst situations, has any other coach gotten five years (with no playoffs) to build a team? I would love for Coach Kubiak to take us to the promised land- but I don't think it's going to happen. I would like nothing more than to be proved wrong. However, it's frustrating that this team (players and coach) is still doing some of the same boneheaded things we've seen for years. It's like they're not learning from their mistakes. How can that be?

I understand that the team is much better than when Coach Kubiak arrived, but they need to take the next step, and I don't see that happening with the current coaching staff.

HJam72
11-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Kubiak is supposed to be a run first coach, with the whole ZBS and everything. I believe Foster had like 8.5 yds. per carry in the first half....AND WE STILL DIDN'T RUN THE BALL NEARLY ENOUGH....AGAINST MANNING.

That says a lot to me.

You see exactly what works in the first game and you still don't have enough sense to do it again? I think Kubiak should be a draft expert, not a coach.

Rey
11-05-2010, 12:34 PM
The thing is, I would not be upset if they fired Kubiak right now. I don't really think it'd be completely in the teams best interest....

But Kubiak hasn't really done a lot lately that makes me say that he is a must keep coach.

HTown2ATX
11-05-2010, 12:40 PM
I keep trying to believe he can take us to the playoffs but am 1 embarrassing loss away from using the soap.

I have been somewhat on the fence, criticizing the hell out of him and recognizing the faults with no rosy glasses, but at the same time allowing myself to believe we are juuuuuuuuust at the cusp.

This next game against SD may do it for me. If they lose a close one, ok as I think SD is better than their record. But if they sport the soiled panty crapfest like they did against NYG, INDY, DAL, etc..... It may be soap time for me finally.

I heard a Kubiak clip on the radio where he was downplaying Home Field as just another game once it starts. I must be misguided as I remember Home Feild supposed to be an Advantage you know. I think it is just ridiculous to take that attitude.

Blake
11-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Boo-urns.

If I dont see Kubiak win the Jets or Ravens game he should be fired.

He also needs to AT LEAST split with the Jags and Titans. That is non-negotiable.

I am only asking him to win 4 games here. I dont think thats too harsh.

Blake
11-05-2010, 12:45 PM
The thing is, I would not be upset if they fired Kubiak right now. I don't really think it'd be completely in the teams best interest....

Lol that would be perfectly in line with their Carr 3 year, 8 million extension and then dumping him after year 1. So you might be right.

GuerillaBlack
11-05-2010, 12:51 PM
Lol that would be perfectly in line with their Carr 3 year, 8 million extension and then dumping him after year 1. So you might be right.

I still have no idea why Kubiak got the extension during the offseason. For what?

HTown2ATX
11-05-2010, 12:56 PM
I still have no idea why Kubiak got the extension during the offseason. For what?

Safety - The Bob McNair way.

Blake
11-05-2010, 01:05 PM

Safety - The Bob McNair way.

McNair said something about stability. Like he didnt want contract issues to affect his coaching, and his coaching staff.

But he will let players like Daniels ass hang in the wind all season.

houstonspartan
11-05-2010, 01:26 PM
I keep trying to believe he can take us to the playoffs but am 1 embarrassing loss away from using the soap.

I have been somewhat on the fence, criticizing the hell out of him and recognizing the faults with no rosy glasses, but at the same time allowing myself to believe we are juuuuuuuuust at the cusp.

This next game against SD may do it for me. If they lose a close one, ok as I think SD is better than their record. But if they sport the soiled panty crapfest like they did against NYG, INDY, DAL, etc..... It may be soap time for me finally.

I heard a Kubiak clip on the radio where he was downplaying Home Field as just another game once it starts. I must be misguided as I remember Home Feild supposed to be an Advantage you know. I think it is just ridiculous to take that attitude.

Homefield is defintely an advantage. He should have known that the very first game of the season when Peyton Manning, oh, I don't know, COULDN'T HEAR A DAMN THING because we were screaming so loud.

Yeesh. Dumbass.

I have tickets to the game Sunday and I almost don't want to go.

DexmanC
11-05-2010, 03:05 PM
This team didn't even know how to play football before Kubiak got here. We were ranked in the bottom of the league in almost every category imaginable. Points, yards, wins, red zone, turnovers, whatever. If there was a spot for last place, we were either in it, or pretty damn close.

Kubiak has brought us a top rankings in several categories on both sides of the ball. We're struggling right now as a defense, & I know he gets the blame for that, but I'm confident that is about to turn around.

I know we lost, and the "improvement" is intangible & didn't help us worth a damn this game, just saying there was "improvement"

Sept, the leading receiver had 163 yards and a touchdown. he was targeted 12 times & caught 11 balls.

Nov, the leading receiver had 78 yards he was targeted 11 times, caught 7 balls. No touchdowns. (it was also interesting how they made the call to put KJack on Garson when they got in the redzone. on that possession, Garson was killing McCain. Peyton went to Wayne (attacking McCain I believe) & McCain did his job keeping Wayne off his route).

Reggie Wayne was targeted 10 times, caught 7 balls for 99 yards & a touchdown in Sept. He was targeted 12 times caught 4 balls for 39 yards and a touchdown Monday night.

Peyton Manning 433 yards 3 TDs sacked twice in Sept. 268 yards, 2 TDs, sacked once in November.

We didn't win the game. Any improvement I may have seen didn't amount to squat in that game or any game prior. I'm looking towards the future & see a glimmer of hope.

Do we stay glued to Kubiak because he was our "first?"

eriadoc
11-05-2010, 03:09 PM

Ever considered that we probably are just on the cusp, and that it's probably Kubiak preventing us from getting over it?

Thorn
11-05-2010, 03:19 PM
When the Texans are numerically eliminated from the play offs, I'll swap out the Sarge for some soap. But only for a while just so everyone knows which camp I'm in.

But I'm gonna give Kubiak the benefit of the doubt and wait until we are done and toasted for the year. Which I believe will happen. I’m just not seeing the Texans in the playoffs this year the way they are going right now.

I would rather have grey soap though, I don't really like the pink or green for some reason. :cool:

Rey
11-05-2010, 03:19 PM
This team didn't even know how to play football before Kubiak got here. We were ranked in the bottom of the league in almost every category imaginable.

Lots of people didn't know how to have sex before they lost their virginity. Doesn't mean you stay with that person for ever. Doesn't mean that person is the best person for you. Doesn't even mean that person will be your best lover.

Kubiak has improved the team...no dispute from me on that...

But that doesn't mean he is the coach to take us to that next level. Every year it's looking less likely that he will get us to the level that we want to be at.

DexmanC
11-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Football careers are SHORT, compared to ANY of the other professional
sports. Why handcuff these players to a mediocre coach for their
entire career? Don't they deserve an opportunity to win before their
careers are ended? FIVE SEASONS is more than HALF of a football player's
career IF HE'S LUCKY.

El Tejano
11-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Is Kubiak fired yet?

GuerillaBlack
11-05-2010, 03:31 PM
I even picked up Derrick Ward in fantasy football before the Monday night game because I assumed, since the Colts couldn't stop the run, that the Texans would keep running it with Foster and Ward. I guess I'm smarter than Kubiak. ;)

HTown2ATX
11-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Ever considered that we probably are just on the cusp, and that it's probably Kubiak preventing us from getting over it?

Yes, I have. Which sux. :gun:

drewmar74
11-05-2010, 03:46 PM

Yes, I have. Which sux. :gun:

Wow.

That Kubiak may have taken a team with enough talent to go the distance and turned it into dookie.....

Yes. I could see that.

thunderkyss
11-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Do we stay glued to Kubiak because he was our "first?"

I think 5 years is enough to see if Kubiak can do what we want him to.

Some people think 5 years is way too long to still be in doubt.

We are in year 5 now, nothings going to change that. Kubiak is here now, nothings going to change that either.

If we don't have a strong showing in the post season, I have no problem letting him go... in fact, I'll be wanting him gone.

Right now, things are looking as if you guys were right, & we should have parted ways last year.

But the season isn't over yet.

thunderkyss
11-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Lots of people didn't know how to have sex before they lost their virginity. Doesn't mean you stay with that person for ever. Doesn't mean that person is the best person for you. Doesn't even mean that person will be your best lover.

Kubiak has improved the team...no dispute from me on that...

But that doesn't mean he is the coach to take us to that next level. Every year it's looking less likely that he will get us to the level that we want to be at.

Never said any different.

thunderkyss
11-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Football careers are SHORT, compared to ANY of the other professional
sports. Why handcuff these players to a mediocre coach for their
entire career? Don't they deserve an opportunity to win before their
careers are ended? FIVE SEASONS is more than HALF of a football player's
career IF HE'S LUCKY.

How many players have been ruined because of too many, too frequent coaching changes in Detroit, Arizona, Tampa Bay, St. Louis, New Orleans, etc... How many players have been ruined in San Francisco the last 12 years??

I know some of those franchises have had success recently, but in their history, I think they have been in constant mediocrity because they changed coaches too frequently, never allowing anyone to build a winning tradition.

I think any coach could have taken this team to a strong post season this season. But I'm not so confident any coach could keep it going. I think Kubiak can.

I may be wrong, we'll find out.

GuerillaBlack
11-05-2010, 05:06 PM
I think any coach could have taken this team to a strong post season this season. But I'm not so confident any coach could keep it going. I think Kubiak can.

I may be wrong, we'll find out.

What can Kubiak keep going? Mediocrity? Because he surely hasn't gotten us to the playoffs.

thunderkyss
11-05-2010, 05:09 PM
What can Kubiak keep going? Mediocrity? Because he surely hasn't gotten us to the playoffs.

9 games to go.

DexmanC
11-05-2010, 05:15 PM
9 games to go.

Kubiak, using the past as an indicator of the future, is a 5-4 coach.

Is that a *winning* record?

The answer to that question may be the one we a disagree on.

beerlover
11-05-2010, 05:24 PM
:deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse

DexmanC
11-05-2010, 05:41 PM

^^^^^
Kubiak's 2010 Season

thunderkyss
11-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Kubiak, using the past as an indicator of the future, is a 5-4 coach.

Is that a *winning* record?

The answer to that question may be the one we a disagree on.

Coincidence....

purely coincidence.

Mr. White
11-05-2010, 08:16 PM

Some guys can argue until Tuesday or Wednesday. Some other guys can argue until Friday or Saturday.

ChampionTexan
11-05-2010, 08:40 PM

Mangini, Chan Gailey both under .500. Cable and Singeltary too (the two years includes their interim time).

Rey
11-05-2010, 08:47 PM
Right now, things are looking as if you guys were right, & we should have parted ways last year.

But the season isn't over yet.

Personally, I'm not in the group that wanted him gone last year.

I thought Kubiak had this team on the right track. I thought that this would be the off-season that we would see a noticeable difference in how this team plays.

I was wrong. The talent has gotten better, but they still play weak. They are still making the same mistakes. They still look over matched too often.

I hope Kubiak does well this season, but if he doesn't I definitely want him gone. It's just getting tiresome.

Lucky
11-05-2010, 08:59 PM
How many players have been ruined because of too many, too frequent coaching changes in Detroit, Arizona, Tampa Bay, St. Louis, New Orleans, etc...
It's not the coaching changes, but the coaching selections (and the team management) that have set these franchises back.

DexmanC
11-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Personally, I'm not in the group that wanted him gone last year.

I thought Kubiak had this team on the right track. I thought that this would be the off-season that we would see a noticeable difference in how this team plays.

I was wrong. The talent has gotten better, but they still play weak. They are still making the same mistakes. They still look over matched too often.

I hope Kubiak does well this season, but if he doesn't I definitely want him gone. It's just getting tiresome.

I was all Kubiak-Kool-Aid until the MNF game against the Titans last year.
From that point forward, I began to closely and objectively scrutinize
everything he's done with this team.

I saw a lot of things that
looked like progress (2 non-losing seasons, and a 9-7 record; the
best passing attack in the NFL; two NFL DROY's; 3 Probowlers in one
draft (2006.)

However, I started to notice WHO we would lose to. It was ALWAYS
playoff-bound teams who looked to beat the snot out of anybody in
their way (8-22 against winning teams; 8-18 against the AFC South.)

WE were NEVER such a team. This trend continued through
the rest of 2009, and to my disappointment, has been the ENTIRE STORY
for the 2010 season.

Kubiak should spare us all, and resign at the end of the year. It's 2010,
and I'm STILL hearing him utter the phrase: "It's really hard to win in this
league." He's even got his PLAYERS SAYING IT.

Leader of men? That's not Kubiak.

Texan_Bill
11-05-2010, 09:29 PM

Are you that much of a dumbass?? Really?? These Kubiak haters are the know all, be all of football... Bow down before the one you serve. :gun: Asshat!

Lucky
11-05-2010, 10:25 PM
so last time the soapers got what they wanted and richard smith was fired and now the defense is worse off....
Remorse over the Richard Smith firing? Really? Wow.

Remorse over the Frank Bush promotion I would understand.

GP
11-05-2010, 10:49 PM
It's not the coaching changes, but the coaching selections (and the team management) that have set these franchises back.

None of our damn players are being ruined, if that's the case.

Hell, some of these players have had Kubiak as a coach longer than some kids in this world have had a dad or a mom...or both.

There's always a reason why someone failed, and it seems some people think it's never the failed person's fault. Nope. Someone or something else was the culprit.

I hate the "victim mentality." Don't go projecting that on people. A failed coach fails because he failed. And a failed player fails because he failed. And failed coaches and failed players are the ones who create 1-15 or 2-14 seasons. They're like gasoline and matches together.

This is so freaking simple to me. Gurry Kubiak is a failed head coach. I am as comfortable saying it now as I was way back in Schaub's first season here (check my post records if you doubt I'm saying I was off the Kubiak wagon that far back). A few bright spots swayed me out of my doubt, and here I am--again--finding my way back to my original position from so many years ago.

I think I'm sticking with the soap until the guy is gone, even if it's not this year that he gets canned. He'll get one more season. Again. It's how McNair rolls. He wants to make things work. He's the guy who waits 5 seconds after the light turns green, holding up traffic and keeping you from making the light. Honk! Honk! The light is green, you doofus. I'd like to NOT sit and wait another 4 minutes please.

Then, when you finally get through the light and you catch up to Bob because his lack of action with the accelerator made you miss the light the first time, there's Bob who's got his hands at 10-and-2, smiling like a jackwagon, and oblivious that anybody else is on the road with him. And for a split-second, you WANT to ram his car...but you remember all those library fines you haven't paid yet, so you figure it isn't worth it.

Instead, you follow him home to see where he leaves. And later that night you go and defecate on the windshield of his car. Problem solved. Small variation on this plan is if you would rather poop on his windshield, slap on some rubber gloves, and fingerpaint the sentence "Thanks for nothing, Bob!"

GNTLEWOLF
11-05-2010, 11:01 PM
:spit:None of our damn players are being ruined, if that's the case.

Hell, some of these players have had Kubiak as a coach longer than some kids in this world have had a dad or a mom...or both.

There's always a reason why someone failed, and it seems some people think it's never the failed person's fault. Nope. Someone or something else was the culprit.

I hate the "victim mentality." Don't go projecting that on people. A failed coach fails because he failed. And a failed player fails because he failed. And failed coaches and failed players are the ones who create 1-15 or 2-14 seasons. They're like gasoline and matches together.

This is so freaking simple to me. Gurry Kubiak is a failed head coach. I am as comfortable saying it now as I was way back in Schaub's first season here (check my post records if you doubt I'm saying I was off the Kubiak wagon that far back). A few bright spots swayed me out of my doubt, and here I am--again--finding my way back to my original position from so many years ago.

I think I'm sticking with the soap until the guy is gone, even if it's not this year that he gets canned. He'll get one more season. Again. It's how McNair rolls. He wants to make things work. He's the guy who waits 5 seconds after the light turns green, holding up traffic and keeping you from making the light. Honk! Honk! The light is green, you doofus. I'd like to NOT sit and wait another 4 minutes please.

Then, when you finally get through the light and you catch up to Bob because his lack of action with the accelerator made you miss the light the first time, there's Bob who's got his hands at 10-and-2, smiling like a jackwagon, and oblivious that anybody else is on the road with him. And for a split-second, you WANT to ram his car...but you remember all those library fines you haven't paid yet, so you figure it isn't worth it.

Instead, you follow him home to see where he leaves. And later that night you go and defecate on the windshield of his car. Problem solved. Small variation on this plan is if you would rather poop on his windshield, slap on some rubber gloves, and fingerpaint the sentence "Thanks for nothing, Bob!":spit:
This must be a universal experience...and yes I understand the frustration with BOB

thunderkyss
11-05-2010, 11:49 PM

Or, we can jump on the Head Coach Super Highway & swap them out every 2 or 3 years until we find one who can win big with someone else's players in their systems (both offense & defense).

Gary Moeller 2000
Marty Mornhingweg 2001-2002
Steve Mariucci 2003-2005
Dick Jauron 2005
Rod Marenelli 2006-2008
Jim Shwartz 2009-present

Dennis Erickson 2003-2004
Mike Nolan 2005-2008
Mike Singeltary 2008- present

Greg Williams 2001-2003
Mike Mularky 2004-2005
Dick Jauron 2006-2009
Perry Fewell 2009
Chan Gailey present

If you were a head coach, & you wanted to take a job where you will win immediately or as soon as possible, which job would you take? The Detroit Lions, the SF 49ers, the Buffalo Bills, or the Houston Texans?

GNTLEWOLF
11-06-2010, 12:10 AM
Or, we can jump on the Head Coach Super Highway & swap them out every 2 or 3 years until we find one who can win big with someone else's players in their systems (both offense & defense).

Gary Moeller 2000
Steve Mariucci 2003-2005
Dick Jauron 2005
Rod Marenelli 2006-2008
Jim Shwartz 2009-present

Mike Nolan 2005-2008

Greg Williams 2001-2003
Mike Mularky 2004-2005
Dick Jauron 2006-2009
Perry Fewell 2009
Chan Gailey present

If you were a head coach, & you wanted to take a job where you will win immediately or as soon as possible, which job would you take? The Detroit Lions, the SF 49ers, the Buffalo Bills, or the Houston Texans?

The thing is, it's not like we have only two options:
A) stick with the coach we have for 30 years and hope he eventually gets good enough to win or
B) go thru a whole string of bad coaches every two years and never get better.

there is that third option that at the end of the season, this team takes a little time and tries to go after a HC and staff that have experience and could work with what we have as far as talent goes now.

thunderkyss
11-06-2010, 12:20 AM
A) stick with the coach we have for 30 years and hope he eventually gets good enough to win or

there is that third option that at the end of the season, this team takes a little time and tries to go after a HC and staff that have experience and could work with what we have as far as talent goes now.

That's not the point. Anything less than a strong play-off showing, I want Kubiak out of here.

The point is of the 4 teams I've mentioned, the ones with less coaching changes are closer to being true contenders (IMO). I believe that is because the stability allowed a base to be built.

Sooner or later, a good coach is going to build a team that anyone should be able to have success with. That's how you get your Eric Mangini's, genius one year, dud the next.

This team is at that point right now. Any competent coach should be able to take our present team deep into the play-offs.

Kubiak's got 9 games to prove that he is one of those competent coaches.... I think he is.

We'll find out.

Of course, if we're 11-5 or 12-4 & some how miss the play-offs, I'm not going to hold that against him. However if someone like DexmanC can figure out the scenarios that would keep Kubiak out at 10-6, Kubiak should as well, and coach accordingly.

ObsiWan
11-06-2010, 01:35 PM

I don't know about you but option B scares the bejeezus out of me.

ObsiWan
11-06-2010, 01:38 PM
None of our damn players are being ruined, if that's the case.

Instead, you follow him home to see where he leaves. And later that night you go and defecate on the windshield of his car. Problem solved. Small variation on this plan is if you would rather poop on his windshield, slap on some rubber gloves, and fingerpaint the sentence "Thanks for nothing, Bob!"
that's got to be the sickest thing I've read in this forum.
[steps far away from GP]

Texecutioner
11-06-2010, 01:58 PM
that's got to be the sickest thing I've read in this forum.
[steps far away from GP]

I seriously wonder if you'll ever own up after all the nit picking people's posts you've done over the years after blindly supporting Kubiak if he goes a 5th season where he fails to make this team a true winner again in season 5.

RTP2110
11-06-2010, 01:58 PM

Gary Moeller 2000
Steve Mariucci 2003-2005
Dick Jauron 2005
Rod Marenelli 2006-2008
Jim Shwartz 2009-present

Mike Nolan 2005-2008

Greg Williams 2001-2003
Mike Mularky 2004-2005
Dick Jauron 2006-2009
Perry Fewell 2009
Chan Gailey present

In no way do I want our team to have a track record like that!

But, I think your post has a really valuable lesson in though. What I see there is teams realizing that it doesn't take 5+ years to be able to tell if a guy is a good head coach. The teams on that list hired those coaches, and it didn't take them long to realize that they weren't gonna cut it. I don't think anyone of those coaches on that list were (are) going to turn things around if they just had more time. It's not like any of them were fired prematurely and then went on to be successful anywhere else. Than maybe you could say they needed more time.

Hell, Tony Dungy had strong teams in TB every year, but couldn't get over the hump. They won their SB after they fired him.

(TK, I'm not directing this post at you. I'm just pointing out the story that jumped out at me in your post)

ObsiWan
11-06-2010, 04:28 PM
I seriously wonder if you'll ever own up after all the nit picking people's posts you've done over the years after blindly supporting Kubiak if he goes a 5th season where he fails to make this team a true winner again in season 5.
The same day you take down that Cowher signature.
:D

ObsiWan
11-06-2010, 04:36 PM

hmmm...

1. Detroit Lions
2. Houston Texans
3. SF 49ers
4. Buffalo Bills.

And it's kind of a toss up between the Texans and the Lions from a young talent perspective. But the Lions' division isn't as tough as ours (Indy + Tenn. + Jags > GB + Minn + Chicago, IMHO) is so I'd go to Detroit first if I was looking to be an instant success. SF isn't in too tough a division either, but I think they need to find solid QB and a decent offensive coordinator to go with him. It would be tough to fill both those holes right away.

thunderkyss
11-06-2010, 06:43 PM
In no way do I want our team to have a track record like that!

But, I think your post has a really valuable lesson in though. What I see there is teams realizing that it doesn't take 5+ years to be able to tell if a guy is a good head coach. The teams on that list hired those coaches, and it didn't take them long to realize that they weren't gonna cut it. I don't think anyone of those coaches on that list were (are) going to turn things around if they just had more time. It's not like any of them were fired prematurely and then went on to be successful anywhere else. Than maybe you could say they needed more time.

Hell, Tony Dungy had strong teams in TB every year, but couldn't get over the hump. They won their SB after they fired him.

(TK, I'm not directing this post at you. I'm just pointing out the story that jumped out at me in your post)

I think Mike Nolan would make a good head coach. I don't think he had enough time. I liked what he was doing in San Fran, he was finally putting a team together, and they pulled the rope.

I like Singletary, but what they are going through now, shows you it's going to take a little more than a good speach, right now. They are still young, making young mistakes, but everyone's got them thinking they are a vet team, bonafide play-off contenders... & it's just too early for them.

Maybe if Nolan was still there. Actually, Nolan & Martz. I'd give Nolan another opportunity in a heartbeat, if I were in team building mode.

Texecutioner
11-07-2010, 02:09 PM
The same day you take down that Cowher signature.

Won't ever happen as long as Kubes is here. I'm actually about to put up the latest more current one. :bubbles:

Carr Bombed
11-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Win of lose, I'll be sporting pink soap after this game.

Kubiak is a bigger clown than Capers and Casserly combined....a complete dumbass.

Carr Bombed
11-07-2010, 02:37 PM
can we please flush this terd already? Wake the **** up Bob!

Mr. Texan
11-07-2010, 02:48 PM
done.

get this bum out of houston

DX-TEX
11-07-2010, 03:05 PM
I cant take it anymore! Nothing will be done, the Houston media will be all up in Kubiaks ass defending him and Kubiak will say its all on him.

Stemp
11-07-2010, 03:09 PM
I cant take it anymore! Nothing will be done, the Houston media will be all up in Kubiaks ass defending him and Kubiak will say its all on him.

I just can't put this loss on him. We all know what the defense is. Kubiak didn't make the refs call that horrible grounding call on Schuab and he didn't make Johnson bounce the ball off his knee and to the defender. We were in the game but just couldn't get the ball bouncing our way.

It's terribly obvious that K Jackson is a severe liability.

The Cush
11-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Remember when Detroit fans would chant FIREEE MILLENNNN! (clap, clap,...clapclapclap) FIREEE MILLENNNN!! (clap, clap,...clapclapclap)

We need to do that to Kubiak

wagonhed
11-07-2010, 03:10 PM
bump

oh wait, it's already at the top

sometexansfan
11-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Real glad I got my blue soap!

arb729
11-07-2010, 03:12 PM
while i do agree that its about that time to move on, if we fire him tomorrow, as some people want, who takes over?

DX-TEX
11-07-2010, 03:13 PM
I just can't put this loss on him. We all know what the defense is. Kubiak didn't make the refs call that horrible grounding call on Schuab and he didn't make Johnson bounce the ball off his knee and to the defender. We were in the game but just couldn't get the ball bouncing our way.

It's terribly obvious that K Jackson is a severe liability.

BS. Utter BS.

Why did we stop running the damn ball the nd half? Why were we in a hurry up offense with around 4 minutes on the clock? Why did we do a QB sneak when Foster has been decimating this defense?

There is no defensing Kubiak. If you are defending him you need to really rethink your position because you are flat out incorrect.

wagonhed
11-07-2010, 03:15 PM
real glad i got my blue soap!

want

Mr. White
11-07-2010, 03:15 PM
while i do agree that its about that time to move on, if we fire him tomorrow, as some people want, who takes over?

No one expects a mid-season coaching change. Those are pretty rare nowadays. Even if they were to fire him, they'd have to promote one of the losers that's already on the staff.

Stemp
11-07-2010, 03:18 PM
BS. Utter BS.

Why did we stop running the damn ball the nd half? Why were we in a hurry up offense with around 4 minutes on the clock? Why did we do a QB sneak when Foster has been decimating this defense?

There is no defensing Kubiak. If you are defending him you need to really rethink your position because you are flat out incorrect.

It's amazing that the season is barely half done, we're not out of contention, we still have 4 division games to play and the fans are giving up on the season and calling for the coach to be immediately fired.
:mariopalm:

eriadoc
11-07-2010, 03:21 PM
It's amazing that the season is barely half done, we're not out of contention, we still have 4 division games to play and the fans are giving up on the season and calling for the coach to be immediately fired.

There aren't that many folks calling for Kubiak to be fired mid-season. Most of us are simply expressing our complete and total lack of faith in the job he's doing and expect him to be fired after the season.

wagonhed
11-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Yeah, the season is barely half done! We can totally come back and go 6-2 and maybe make the playoffs, but probably not, with a 10-6 record!

Too bad idiots want Kubiak to be fired today, why don't they just agree to wait till the end of the season? IDIOTS!

Carr Bombed
11-07-2010, 03:30 PM

LMAO. Yeah, because we've seen sooo many signs that Stupiak the conductor can turn this terd train around... I mean it's not like Stupiak has ever underachieved before right?

:kubepalm:

Carr Bombed
11-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Yeah, the season is barely half done! We can totally come back and go 6-2 and maybe make the playoffs, but probably not, with a 10-6 record!

Too bad idiots want Kubiak to be fired today, why don't they just agree to wait till the end of the season? IDIOTS!

LOL, do you honestly think people believe Kubiak would be fired mid season?

When people said he needs his ass fired immediately.....he does, it just isn't going to happen till the end of the year.

It actually wouldn't upset me if we had more games like today, it that's what it's going to take to finally purge ourselfs of that freaking loser......here's more rope Stupiak, just keep taking it. The worst case scenerio would be if "the kids" show up and win a bunch of meaningless games and save his ass again....I want off of Stupiak's terd train.

DX-TEX
11-07-2010, 03:35 PM

Dont put words in my mouth. I never once said "now" just that he needs to go. I have already come to terms that we will be mediocre this year at 7-9. Two weeks in a row our head coach has made obviously terrible to everyone but him decisions.

I would much rather have 6-10 than 8-8/9-7 honestly. The only way McNair will have any gumption is if we fall on our face. If not we are nothing but mediocre again.

kiwitexansfan
11-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Real glad I got my blue soap!

I preferred mine in Grey, and I don't see myself taking it off anytime soon.

False Start
11-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Low and behold, Kubiak said it was on him just now on 610. :smiliepalm:

thunderkyss
11-07-2010, 03:40 PM
How different would things be here, if Foster's 3rd touchdown would have counted?

Carr Bombed
11-07-2010, 03:42 PM
How different would things be here, if Foster's 3rd touchdown would have counted?

How different would things be if Stupiak takes the damn points, instead of getting a TO on downs.

Carr Bombed
11-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Okay, got my pink soap AGAIN (and this time it isn't coming down until Stupiak is gone) and "Kubiak watch 2010" has officially started. Hopefully Bob McNair doesn't get enamored with meaningless wins again.

DexmanC
11-07-2010, 06:23 PM

"If's" "and's", or "buts" have all been exhausted for Kubiak's regime.

No excuses in 2010.

Kaiser Toro
11-07-2010, 06:57 PM
It's on him, all is good.

thunderkyss
11-08-2010, 04:56 AM

No excuses in 2010.

It's not an excuse. 2 touchdowns went away..... Foster's catch, then football move into the end-zone is the 7 points that would have won the game.

JJ no catch tip ball in the end zone is another.

The game plan was fine, or at least good enough to win.

hradhak
11-08-2010, 06:57 AM
It's not an excuse. 2 touchdowns went away..... Foster's catch, then football move into the end-zone is the 7 points that would have won the game.

The game plan was good. We just couldn't execute. The 2 drives on both sides of the half were what lost us the game. We convert both or the JJ TD and we're 17 points up when the Chargers get the ball again.

We have failed to execute so many times this season and that's what killing our season.

Dishman
11-08-2010, 07:38 AM
The game plan was good. We just couldn't execute. The 2 drives on both sides of the half were what lost us the game. We convert both or the JJ TD and we're 17 points up when the Chargers get the ball again.

We have failed to execute so many times this season and that's what killing our season.

Poor execution is based on poor preparation. Poor preparation is based on poor coaching. When will someone be held accountable? Players being benched or coaches being fired (I'm looking at you Frank Bush).

MightyTExan
11-08-2010, 08:18 AM
I wish McNair would say something. Jerrah's about to rip everyone a new today.

Blake
11-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Hey guys, dont get mad at Kubiak. I mean he was coaching against Seyi Ajirotutu & Randy McMichael. I mean basically un-coverable.

And as far as only running the ball 2 times in the fourth, I mean, hey, the Chargers changed up their defensive scheme and adjusted. WHO DOES THAT! I mean is Kubiak supposed to get his guys to adjust too? This is crazy talk.

beerlover
11-08-2010, 08:30 AM
looked at all those 2nd & 3rd Charger depth chart options in fantasy land but then realized San Diego headed to bye week & starters have time to get healthy plus Vincent Jackson returns. damn you know the Texans could not have caught the Chargers at a better time, they are who we thought they where & we let them off the hook :smiliepalm:

thunderkyss
11-08-2010, 08:58 AM

How 'bout points off turnovers?

I still put this loss on the defense, we can't be allowing 27 points to anyone. Especially not those big bombs to wide open receivers (that one handed TD by the TE was pretty awesome though).

But we got nothing on the turnovers. I don't think we even got a first down on either.

Trail.Blazr
11-08-2010, 09:04 AM
That's not the point. Anything less than a strong play-off showing, I want Kubiak out of here.

The point is of the 4 teams I've mentioned, the ones with less coaching changes are closer to being true contenders (IMO). I believe that is because the stability allowed a base to be built.

Sooner or later, a good coach is going to build a team that anyone should be able to have success with. That's how you get your Eric Mangini's, genius one year, dud the next.

This team is at that point right now. Any competent coach should be able to take our present team deep into the play-offs.

Kubiak's got 9 games to prove that he is one of those competent coaches.... I think he is.

We'll find out.

Of course, if we're 11-5 or 12-4 & some how miss the play-offs, I'm not going to hold that against him. However if someone like DexmanC can figure out the scenarios that would keep Kubiak out at 10-6, Kubiak should as well, and coach accordingly.

ROTFLOL...

:fortune: THAT's going to happen! :fortune:

After David Garrard humiliates our 2ndary next Sunday, we can lower the peg of hope to 10-6 or 11-5 :)

nero THE zero
11-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Starting to look like all of the soap might be in vain.

AJ posted an article on what he thinks Bob is thinking, basically assuming that we'll fire Bush and replace him with an experienced DC (think Mike Zimmer or Wade Phillips). LZ also said on his show this morning that someone within the organization posed the idea that the Texans retain Kubiak but replace both Rick Smith and Frank Bush.

So, it's starting to look like Kubiak stays unless we tank hard.

HOU-TEX
11-08-2010, 09:34 AM
Among the obvious issues, this team has no balls. IMO, players attitude's reflect that of their coach. Kubiak doesn't even have the nads to watch 4th down plays or clutch FG's.

Do I think Kubiak will get fired? Doubt it, unless McNair's willing to buy out the 2 years remaining on his and his coach's contracts.

Ugh! I'm not sure what the hell I want to happen with this organization. All I know is I'm fed up and tired of wasting my time with this friggin team.

wagonhed
11-08-2010, 09:36 AM

AJ posted an article on what he thinks Bob is thinking, basically assuming that we'll fire Bush and replace him with an experienced DC (think Mike Zimmer or Wade Phillips). LZ also said on his show this morning that someone within the organization posed the idea that the Texans retain Kubiak but replace both Rick Smith and Frank Bush.

Rick Smith is the only bright spot on our staff

HJam72
11-08-2010, 09:38 AM
Change #1:

Get Eugine Wilson off the field.

HTown2ATX
11-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Apathy has set in for me. I watched the game detached for the most part. Even the first punt that we blocked, all I did was smile and clap where as before the MNF debacle I would have been going crazy.

I let myself start to get excited then the Texans started to fall apart again. Then they looked like they might come back after all. So I made lunch for me and my daughter and kept an eye on the game so I would not be pissed when they somehow lost....as they did all too predictably.

McNair is a mystery to me. How did he make so much money as a business man? His product is not good year in and year out. If he doesn't can Kubes after this year I really think there needs to be an investigation into McNair as to how he even made his money....something is not right here...

so frustrated.

Runner
11-08-2010, 09:43 AM

It is heartening to hear that at least one person in the organization understands Smith is part of the problem. The perception of his performance certainly exceeds any evaluation based on the product on the field, players and coaches alike.

Runner
11-08-2010, 09:46 AM
McNair is a mystery to me. How did he make so much money as a business man? His product is not good year in and year out. If he doesn't can Kubes after this year I really think there needs to be an investigation into McNair as to how he even made his money....something is not right here...

It's no mystery. The PR department has always been the strongest unit in the Texans organization.

GP
11-08-2010, 09:49 AM
People on here are tired.

There really isn't a "herd" mentality around here. Up until the MNF Colts game, plenty of people were still saying they didn't feel soapy yet.

Then, MNF game makes them pick up the soap.

Still, some people were not soapy. Until the Chargers game.

And now they are soap owners.

Does anybody here truly think that all these people who are picking up the soap are just over-reacting and are being dumb? No, they are not. They have been contmeplating it for a long time. And they are finally letting go of wishful thinking, and have finally understood that the common denominator of all our woes is the head coach.

A good offense is not the cure, folks. Weekday strategy planning and in-game personnel and playcall decisions is still the way you win games. Mike Leach, loathe him if you will, figured out how to use the recruiting class rejects and build a scheme (HIS style of spread offense, btw, not the spread that other coaches use. HIS style) and he finds a way to beat defenses over the head with it. In comes Tummy Tubaville, vowing to "keep things the way they are," and look at them: In a year where all the Big 12 teams are a mess, this would have been the year Leach won the Big 12. Easily, btw.

You see, sometimes coaches who construct great offenses just forget who they are on gameday. Not Leach. He stayed true to the spirit of who he is, and what he knows his guys can do. And during crucial times in the game, you just know that a 4th and 3 or a 4th and 20 is going to be a TTU first down about 85% of the time. Why? Because his players trust him. They have almost a God-like admiration of him; that whatever Leach decides to do (at ANY given moment) is going to work. Just like the the guys trusted that their pirate captain had the right plan to attack the other ship, so did those players trust what Leach did. They trusted him all the way.

These Texans players, if you dig deep into their craniums, do not trust the plan. It's why the plan never works. Of course, it works if the other team decides to fold. But that's not what you want in the NFL. You want a team whose players trust the coach so blindly that the coach could call a fake punt and it would work. THAT is the level of "buy-in" that you have to achieve from your players. Talent alone cannot overcome the mental obstacles Kubiak has placed upon this team.

Builder of a great offense, don't get me wrong. But a bad HEAD coach. Very bad.

Mr. White
11-08-2010, 09:54 AM

This is realistically the way that I see things going down. McNair wants to keep Kubiak even if he coaches the Texans to 7-9 or 8-8.

He would rather get waterboarded than make a head coaching change. If Kubiak stays, then McNair would have no choice but to bring in a strong GM who would bring in a strong DC.

Kinda like they did in Cleveland when they brought in Holmgren who still kept Mangini.

Rick Smith is the only bright spot on our staff

I'm not so sure about that.

Hervoyel
11-08-2010, 09:56 AM
It is heartening to hear that at least one person in the organization understands Smith is part of the problem. The perception of his performance certainly exceeds any evaluation based on the product on the field, players and coaches alike.

I don't know that Smith being part of the problem is a given. I will agree it's possible but I think that it's not out of the question to fire Gary Kubiak and then see what another coach does with the players we have on our roster. I think there's talent there and I think that only McNair, Smith, Kubiak, and those immediately in their vicinity can answer the eternal coach/GM quesiton (that is "Did the GM get the coach bad players or did the coach take good players and do diddly with them?")

I think you could bring in another coach, keep Rick Smith on for another year, and then see what happens.

GP
11-08-2010, 09:57 AM

The only thing Rick Smith is good at, IMO, is the term and amount of money at which he signs players. Injuries to Daniels and Ryans are proving that his method of NOT redoing contracts too early is wise, in terms of finances.

And this, IMO, is what will keep him as GM even if Kubiak is gone.

McNair is a businessman first and foremost. People can delude themselves all day long about how this isn't true and he really wants to win, and blah-blah-blah. Yes, to a degree he wants to win. But the business side of him is the dominant personality, IMO. And that's why Rick Smith is like Jesus to McNair, who is the Father. Forgive me, God, for even making that comparison. But the idea has merit: Rick is the faithful son who is doing his master's bidding.

This is why I say that we're going to have to hope that we stumble upon the right head coach. Because I don't think McNair could find one on his own, on purpose. It's going to have to be a luck situation. Just catching the right guy at the right time. To me, this team is going to have to find a way to reverse the whole culture of the Texans orginzation...and you're going to need a really smart, savvy, and forceful head coach who can trick the players into going against the mindset of the ownership/management.

Trickle down. drip, drip, drip, drip....

Hervoyel
11-08-2010, 10:07 AM
This is realistically the way that I see things going down. McNair wants to keep Kubiak even if he coaches the Texans to 7-9 or 8-8.

He would rather get waterboarded than make a head coaching change. If Kubiak stays, then McNair would have no choice but to bring in a strong GM who would bring in a strong DC.

Kinda like they did in Cleveland when they brought in Holmgren who still kept Mangini.

I'm not so sure about that.

You know, under those circumstances I would not be adverse to seeing Kubiak return. Before you laugh and point at me allow me to explain.

I still believe that a head coaching change would be inevitable but hiring a strong GM and forcing Gary to accept a defensive coordinator who knows what he's doing would put the Texans in a much better position than they're in now.

Look at the defense as it is today. Are they the hopeless bunch of bums we're seeing this year or are they the group that ran around for the last ten weeks of the 2009 season kicking butts and taking names? Well, if we had any idea what Frank Bush was capable of doing then we might be able to judge that but since nobody knows whether Frank Bush has a clue we can't tell if we've got a shit scheme or shit talent.

An experienced GM and DC would make all the difference in the world and possibly even extend Kubiak's coaching career here. After all, despite all the boneheaded moves he's made in games the Texans would probably be sitting on at least a pair of winning seasons (in the 10-6 range, not just 9-7) if we'd had a defense that could stop anyone in the past three years.

I said when he hired him (Frank Bush) that Kubiak would live or die by that decision but maybe he doesn't have to. At least not right away.

dalemurphy
11-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Later today, we will work on the tape studay, video, etc... But, for now, I simply had to resolve the state of my relationship with one of my all-time favorite coaches. Here you go:

Divorce is sad, depressing, and sometimes unavoidable. I argue with Barrett all the time about commitment. I happen to believe that, committment, in itself is a moral good. Committing to things and people despite the difficulty they present builds character and honors life, I believe. Many sports fans see their fandom as an escape from reality. I do not. Certainly, I see it as entertainment. However, I am very passionate about football, in particular, and I look for symmetry between football and life. I love it when a player, team, a play, or a season tells me something about life. For instance, I love it when effort is rewarded. Or, when sacrifice pays dividend, I am moved. I even revel in the immense disappointment tied to a season of almost. All of that speaks to the human condition and to the things I grapple with in my life. I have enjoyed the humanity displayed by Gary Kubiak. I have rooted for him, believed in him in the difficult moments, and suffered through the disappointments, not afraid to hope again the next week and the next season, risking further crushing disappointment.

Well, half way through our fifth season together, I am afraid I must acknowledge it is time to part ways. There are simply too many irreconcilable differences. I just can’t do this anymore. We are at a point now that our splitting is no longer an “if”, it is a “when”. The longer this relationship lingers on, the more pain and anguish all parties will suffer as a result. I wish Gary well… I really do. I will always root for him.

READ THE REST HERE (http://www.texansbullblog.com/time-divorce-love/featured-articles/)

houstonspartan
11-08-2010, 10:19 AM
Later today, we will work on the tape studay, video, etc... But, for now, I simply had to resolve the state of my relationship with one of my all-time favorite coaches. Here you go:

Divorce is sad, depressing, and sometimes unavoidable. I argue with Barrett all the time about commitment. I happen to believe that, committment, in itself is a moral good. Committing to things and people despite the difficulty they present builds character and honors life, I believe. Many sports fans see their fandom as an escape from reality. I do not. Certainly, I see it as entertainment. However, I am very passionate about football, in particular, and I look for symmetry between football and life. I love it when a player, team, a play, or a season tells me something about life. For instance, I love it when effort is rewarded. Or, when sacrifice pays dividend, I am moved. I even revel in the immense disappointment tied to a season of almost. All of that speaks to the human condition and to the things I grapple with in my life. I have enjoyed the humanity displayed by Gary Kubiak. I have rooted for him, believed in him in the difficult moments, and suffered through the disappointments, not afraid to hope again the next week and the next season, risking further crushing disappointment.

Well, half way through our fifth season together, I am afraid I must acknowledge it is time to part ways. There are simply too many irreconcilable differences. I just can’t do this anymore. We are at a point now that our splitting is no longer an “if”, it is a “when”. The longer this relationship lingers on, the more pain and anguish all parties will suffer as a result. I wish Gary well… I really do. I will always root about him.

READ THE REST HERE (http://www.texansbullblog.com/time-divorce-love/featured-articles/)

Dale, a question.

What was it that finally changed your mind? I remember you were one of the biggest Kubiak supporters, and I remember you chiding me for saying we were looking at a 7-9 season this year.

I'm just curious as to what was the turning point for you. I'm really surprised that you're calling for his firing.

GP
11-08-2010, 10:21 AM
I will always root about him.

Don't root about Kubiak. Gross!

Root FOR him, but please don't go rooting about Kubiak. LOL.

Dale, good for you. Seriously. Thank you for having the ability to accept it and move forward. Now, you can start thinking about the future. And thinking about the future will help you to not go insane thinking about the present. It mellows you. Trust me on this.

eriadoc
11-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Dale, good for you. Seriously. Thank you for having the ability to accept it and move forward. Now, you can start thinking about the future. And thinking about the future will help you to not go insane thinking about the present. It mellows you. Trust me on this.

LOL, you just prompted me to change my signature.

"Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane. " - Red

steelbtexan
11-08-2010, 10:29 AM

No excuses in 2010.

^^^^

This

The sheeple have started to see the light.

You've gotta do something at the end of the season Uncle BoB. Or the fan base will turn against you and take the cash cow with them.

dalemurphy
11-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Dale, a question.

What was it that finally changed your mind? I remember you were one of the biggest Kubiak supporters, and I remember you chiding me for saying we were looking at a 7-9 season this year.

I'm just curious as to what was the turning point for you. I'm really surprised that you're calling for his firing.

I'm working on an article concerning this now. Largely, though, it is regression. As long as I was seeing growth and improvement, I was willing to exercise patience. This year, however, not only has the team regressed, but his coaching has as well.

Particularly, the way the team came out of the bye and played a game right into the hands of Indy and then followed it up with atrocious decisions in the Charger game. By the way, the past two seasons, the Texans have entered the bye week two games over .500 each time, and followed the bye week with an 0-4 run last season, and an 0-2 run this season.

Double Barrel
11-08-2010, 10:32 AM
Low and behold, Kubiak said it was on him just now on 610. :smiliepalm:

I think it's time to be pragmatic and believe him. Four and a half seasons - 72 games - is enough of a resume to get a clear picture of a head coach. It's just a shame that Bob McNair doesn't seem to believe his head coach when he accepts responsibility for perpetual mediocrity. While no disrespect meant, he's clearly a bu$ine$$ man before a football fan. And while winning is good for business, so is a sellout crowd that accepts a mediocre product.

Among the obvious issues, this team has no balls. IMO, players attitude's reflect that of their coach. Kubiak doesn't even have the nads to watch 4th down plays or clutch FG's.

Do I think Kubiak will get fired? Doubt it, unless McNair's willing to buy out the 2 years remaining on his and his coach's contracts.

Ugh! I'm not sure what the hell I want to happen with this organization. All I know is I'm fed up and tired of wasting my time with this friggin team.

yep, I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm so glad that I'm not spending money that I don't have on this product anymore. Quality time with my kids in beautiful weather is not worth the tradeoff, so I think my DVR is going to prove very useful in the coming weeks. Life is way too short to waste time getting frustrated as a fan of a team stuck in the mud of mediocrity.

steelbtexan
11-08-2010, 10:46 AM

Well, half way through our fifth season together, I am afraid I must acknowledge it is time to part ways. There are simply too many irreconcilable differences. I just can’t do this anymore. We are at a point now that our splitting is no longer an “if”, it is a “when”. The longer this relationship lingers on, the more pain and anguish all parties will suffer as a result. I wish Gary well… I really do. I will always root for him.

Disgusting LOL, Glad to see you coming around.

DM if Uncle BoB would hire an experienced proven winner to run this organization. Instead of guys that have to learn on the job. Then you wouldn't have to go through these range of emotions.

Face the facts as they are. Smithiak have built a nice little team full of good KIDS. Who are never going to win anything as presently constructed.

I will never root for the Texans to lose. But if they fell flat on their faces the rest of this season. It wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Because it would force Uncle BoB to to take the necessary steps and purge the team of the front office and hopefully hire competent people to run this organization and hopefully the new regime will get rid of plaers who dont seem to care. (I'm speaking to you OkOye)

Scooter
11-08-2010, 11:37 AM
in the midst of mediocrity i'm again losing interest. we still have 4 division games left so there's reason to remain optomistic and let the season play out before making any decisions. i'll never be a "soaper" because i'll never change my avatar lol, but i'm running low on reasons not to be.

i completely agree with hervoyal, and said nearly the same thing a few days ago before "drunk edit". at the beginning of the season many including myself were excited that "kubiak finally has his coaches" ... we were wrong. his coaches dont work. bob mcnair needs to see that and make the necessary move or moves, beginning with a stronger and experienced GM. someone like parcells with the pedigree, attitude, and huge network of players and coaches that could make better decisions about bringing in the right pieces.

this obviously is mostly on defense ... finding a coaching staff that could do more to seperate kubiak from the defense. with all of the picks and free agent money we allocate towards the defense each season, we have to be better. he might get head coaching offers, but as the cowboys continue to quit, wade phillips would be the ideal in my opinion. considering we're actually more built for a 3-4 defense IMO, a change in scheme would be a positive. we cant continue to win every single game on offense and hope the defense can keep from losing games by themselves.

on offense, stop adding new OC's every other season ... heck, drop the OC position entirely. the more we filter what kubiak wants to do, the worse we get. our most creative playcalling on offense was kyle shannahan's first season as OC, and i doubt many (if any) will say that kyle had much control at all - kubiak was running the show. very different look this season with dennison calling the shots, all passes are either max protect or dumpoffs.

in conclusion ... a GM instead of the "yes man" that smith appears to be. a real defensive coordinator and a slew of better position coaches. drop several offensive coaches and the OC position entirely - more offensive control to kubiak, less defensive control.

thunderkyss
11-08-2010, 11:44 AM

Halfway through the season... Already saying your farewells.

Why did you get married in the first place? What made you hitch your wagon to this ball & chain? What's changed?

At the end of last season, I said, "if the Texans start next season building on what they've been doing this season, it will be the first time in Kubiak's tenure."

I don't understand it, but every year, it's been something else. Last year's offense was nothing like the year before, when we "had a running game" We lost our starting guards & we changed our running philosophy. Less Power O, less Iso, more ZBS.

This year our big play first down game is gone, don't know what happened to it, & while last year we started on fire one game, then cold as ice the next game, this year it's been ice on the regular.

Changing to Dennison? maybe.

Defensively we're playing about as well/poorly as we did last year. Not really a whole lot of difference considering we've consistently poor offensively.

Hopefully, yesterday's game is a sign of things to come. We ran all over the #2 defense, threw the ball pretty well against them as well, from the word go.

It's hard to say that was a good showing from the defense. But, the way we've played in the past, that really was an improvement (sad I know).

But if you think about it, Tennesse with their veteran corners didn't do any better. Neither did the Raiders, the #3 passing defense, or the Patriots. Doesn't make it better..... doesn't mean we're any good.

I'm not using it as an excuse or anything, but I believe we are dealing with a little adversity (& have been since the overtraining thing) & we're doing okay.

We've got to get better, no doubt about it. We've got to play better, no doubt about it.

Scoreboard is all that matters & we've got 8 more scoreboards to look at before it is all over.

beerlover
11-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Halfway through the season... Already saying your farewells.

Why did you get married in the first place? What made you hitch your wagon to this ball & chain? What's changed?

At the end of last season, I said, "if the Texans start next season building on what they've been doing this season, it will be the first time in Kubiak's tenure."

I don't understand it, but every year, it's been something else. Last year's offense was nothing like the year before, when we "had a running game" We lost our starting guards & we changed our running philosophy. Less Power O, less Iso, more ZBS.

This year our big play first down game is gone, don't know what happened to it, & while last year we started on fire one game, then cold as ice the next game, this year it's been ice on the regular.

Changing to Dennison? maybe.

Defensively we're playing about as well/poorly as we did last year. Not really a whole lot of difference considering we've consistently poor offensively.

Hopefully, yesterday's game is a sign of things to come. We ran all over the #2 defense, threw the ball pretty well against them as well, from the word go.

It's hard to say that was a good showing from the defense. But, the way we've played in the past, that really was an improvement (sad I know).

But if you think about it, Tennesse with their veteran corners didn't do any better. Neither did the Raiders, the #3 passing defense, or the Patriots. Doesn't make it better..... doesn't mean we're any good.

I'm not using it as an excuse or anything, but I believe we are dealing with a little adversity (& have been since the overtraining thing) & we're doing okay.

We've got to get better, no doubt about it. We've got to play better, no doubt about it.

Scoreboard is all that matters & we've got 8 more scoreboards to look at before it is all over.

damn must spread rep...good post!

what helps me is watching the NFL pipeline known as NCAA Football with each draft hope springs eternal :barman:

Hervoyel
11-08-2010, 12:08 PM

That's entirely correct. The game plan was fine. At least good enough to win.

Why I still come back to Gary Kubiak is simple.

If the game plan wasn't up to snuff it's the head coach (already covered and not a factor here)

If the players don't execute then who picked those players? They're all Gary's kids. AJ is the only player on this roster that didn't come here under Gary's watch.

If the players aren't getting the coaching they need who chose the staff? Again we come back to the head coach.

One of the downsides to having 5 years to learn how not to suck is that by the time you get to your fifth year it really is all on you. Gary built the beast and it's a talented albeit undisciplined, inconsistent, and unfocused beast. That's in Gary's lap.

wagonhed
11-08-2010, 12:19 PM
McNair is a businessman first and foremost. People can delude themselves all day long about how this isn't true and he really wants to win, and blah-blah-blah. Yes, to a degree he wants to win. But the business side of him is the dominant personality, IMO. And that's why Rick Smith is like Jesus to McNair, who is the Father. Forgive me, God, for even making that comparison. But the idea has merit: Rick is the faithful son who is doing his master's bidding.
You can talk about people "deluding themselves" until you're blue in the face, but the truth is all of these proclamations you are making are nothing but conjecture, pure and simple. You have no freaking idea what drives Bob McNair and what his "dominant personality" is. There are a whole lot of reasons you could be completely wrong about his personality, but I'm not going to bother listing them because they are also conjectures.

Oh, and no, that "idea" has no merit whatsoever. Faithful son doing his master's bidding? Seriously? As Keyshawn Johnson would say, Cmon man!

You know what they say about assumptions, after all.

thunderkyss
11-08-2010, 12:21 PM
That's entirely correct. The game plan was fine. At least good enough to win.

Why I still come back to Gary Kubiak is simple.

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe we are dealing with anything a good HC shouldn't be able to overcome.

GP
11-08-2010, 01:38 PM
You can talk about people "deluding themselves" until you're blue in the face, but the truth is all of these proclamations you are making are nothing but conjecture, pure and simple. You have no freaking idea what drives Bob McNair and what his "dominant personality" is. There are a whole lot of reasons you could be completely wrong about his personality, but I'm not going to bother listing them because they are also conjectures.

Oh, and no, that "idea" has no merit whatsoever. Faithful son doing his master's bidding? Seriously? As Keyshawn Johnson would say, Cmon man!

You know what they say about assumptions, after all.

How the GM constructs contracts, the terms of those deals, and the way Daniels and Ryans were put on the backburner when they wanted new deals, is an example of a business-first attitude. At every point along the way, the leadership is choosing to limit expenses. The only reason they franchised Dunta AND extended Kubiak was to guard themselves against potential increase in performance by those two guys, more specifically as it relates to the scenario of "What if Kubiak has a huge year? He's going to want more, or he's going to want to test the waters himself."

Therefore, they extended Kubiak out of self-preservation (financially). They took out an insurance policy, in other words.

Man, they even allowed AJ to do a dumb deal--since it benefited the Texans--and then they had to cough up the more acceptable amount of money on the NEW deal AJ forced the Texans into. Or else.

This franchise is very crafty when it comes to the public perception it has created for itself. The public relations department and the marketing team have done an excellent job of building and shaping the image. No reporter asks Kubiak the hard questions. Why? In New York, he would have been fired by now, due to the media pressure. But here? No, he gets the meat pitches he can hit out of the park. And nobody even says "Gary, you sure say 'It's on me' a lot. At what point do fans and players begin to believe you to the point that they want you to stop being the problem?" Could you imagine IF someone asked that question? Volcano Time. Evil stares at the reporter.

Dude, at some point, you have a body of work to judge things by. We have an even longer time to judge the ownership by. I mean, seriously, to sit there and say we have no clue about McNair? LOL. Okie dokie. :truck:

My conjectures are about the specifics, such as the absolute 100% definitive way that Bob McNair runs the team. The general information, such as retaining Carr, retaining Dunta, retaining Kubiak, and just showing an utter lack of risk-taking ability (outside of the Schaub deal, of course) by drawing a CLEAR CUT line in the sand, in terms of what gets Kubiak fired, is a sign that this owner is not nearly as interested in winning in the NFL as he is in trying to limit a loss of stability and predictability.

And THAT is why Kubiak fits so nicely: Because he, too, is predictable to the point of it being a negative. Bob McNair is all jacked up, IMO, in what he deems is acceptable. His pretty-boy 1st-round draft pick QB being the number 1 indicator of such ASSumption. Any other team, respectable team I should say, would not have retained him. It would have been Adios Time once the new head coach came in. I think it's fairly obvious that Kubiak was lying in order to get the job, by the way. There's no way Kubiak truthfully felt he could salvage him.

Of course, now that I think about it: From what I have seen this season, maybe Gary IS that ignorant.

GuerillaBlack
11-08-2010, 01:47 PM
How the GM constructs contracts, the terms of those deals, and the way Daniels and Ryans were put on the backburner when they wanted new deals, is an example of a business-first attitude. At every point along the way, the leadership is choosing to limit expenses. The only reason they franchised Dunta AND extended Kubiak was to guard themselves against potential increase in performance by those two guys, more specifically as it relates to the scenario of "What if Kubiak has a huge year? He's going to want more, or he's going to want to test the waters himself."

Therefore, they extended Kubiak out of self-preservation (financially). They took out an insurance policy, in other words.

Man, they even allowed AJ to do a dumb deal--since it benefited the Texans--and then they had to cough up the more acceptable amount of money on the NEW deal AJ forced the Texans to do a better deal. Or else.

This franchise is very crafty when it comes to the public perception it has created for itself. The public relations department and the marketing team have done an excellent job of building and shaping the image. No reporter asks Kubiak the hard questions. Why? In New York, he would have been fired by now, due to the media pressure. But here? No, he gets the meat pitches he can hit out of the park. And nobody even says "Gary, you sure say 'It's on me' a lot. At what point do fans and players begin to believe you to the point that they want you to stop being the problem?" Could you imagine IF someone asked that question? Volcano Time. Evil stares at the reporter.

Dude, at some point, you have a body of work to judge things by. We have an even longer time to judge the ownership by. I mean, seriously, to sit there and say we have no clue about McNair? LOL. Okie dokie. :truck:

My conjectures are about the specifics, such as the absolute 100% definitive way that Bob McNair runs the team. The general information, such as retaining Carr, retaining Dunta, retaining Kubiak, and just showing an utter lack of risk-taking ability (outside of the Schaub deal, of course) by drawing a CLEAR CUT line in the sand, in terms of what gets Kubiak fired, is a sign that this owner is not nearly as interested in winning in the NFL as he is in trying to limit a loss of stability and predictability.

And THAT is why Kubiak fits so nicely: Because he, too, is predictable to the point of it being a negative. Bob McNair is all jacked up, IMO, in what he deems is acceptable. His pretty-boy 1st-round draft pick QB being the number 1 indicator of such ASSumption. Any other team, respectable team I should say, would not have retained him. It would have been Adios Time once the new head coach came in. I think it's fairly obvious that Kubiak was lying in order to get the job, by the way. There's no way Kubiak truthfully felt he could salvage him.

Of course, now that I think about it: From what I have seen this season, maybe Gary IS that ignorant.

Hell, even in DALLAS the reporters ask tougher questions. It's a reason why Wade is being fired today at 4PM and Garrett will replace him as the interim head coach. Houston definitely needs some more hard-nosed reporters. Tired of Kubiak getting these softball questions. Tired of the SportsRadio 610 radio hosts acting all pissed and asking themselves tough questions about Kubiak, but when Kubiak is on with them, they act all buddy buddy. If I didn't have to work this afternoon, I'd try my best to call into the Gary Kubiak Show. Pretend like I'm going to ask one of those softball questions, so I can get by the equally soft screeners, but have the real question written down.

GP
11-08-2010, 02:14 PM
Hell, even in DALLAS the reporters ask tougher questions. It's a reason why Wade is being fired today at 4PM and Garrett will replace him as the interim head coach. Houston definitely needs some more hard-nosed reporters. Tired of Kubiak getting these softball questions. Tired of the SportsRadio 610 radio hosts acting all pissed and asking themselves tough questions about Kubiak, but when Kubiak is on with them, they act all buddy buddy. If I didn't have to work this afternoon, I'd try my best to call into the Gary Kubiak Show. Pretend like I'm going to ask one of those softball questions, so I can get by the equally soft screeners, but have the real question written down.

Ask it in JUST this way:

"I want to know why we have had four-and-a-half straight years of a head coach saying 'it's on me' when we lose. Especially when we lose games we shouldn't. Games that were in the bag, so to speak. At some point, doesn't it make sense to resign as head coach and get out of the way? Could you be a MAN and give up the remainder of your head coaching contract dollars instead of milking it until you're fired? The fans deserve better. The players deserve better. All you're doing with the 'it's on me' comment is showing that you don't have what it takes to get your players over the finish line. You built a great offense, but your head coaching on game day is a train wreck. And I'm the only one on radio and TV posing the hardball question to you. Now give the fans a real answer, Coach Kubiak. Not the coach-speak. Explain yourself, please. Good-bye, and good luck." -- JoeTexan

LOL.

Trail.Blazr
11-08-2010, 02:23 PM
To revisit a Kubiak quote from preseason:

"It's time for somebody else to win the AFC South, and we believe we have the team that can do it," said Kubiak, who's entering his fifth season as Texans head coach.

"Expectations are high," Kubiak said. "I know they're huge around the city, everywhere I go. I know they're huge in this room. All I can tell you is, they're even higher for us. We expect – we used to talk about wanting to do things. Now, as a team, we talk about expecting to do things. And we expect to be a playoff team. That's our goal."

"But also, we know – I know as a coach, we know as coaches, our players know – that the difference between winning and losing is so small. If you're not on, you can get beat any week. But if you're on, we can beat anybody. And it's my job to make sure that we're on."

With exception for week one... Epic FAIL

This speaks to all the BS spouted in this thread about you can't blame GK for player miscues, poor officiating, blah, blah, blah....

IT'S HIS JOB TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE ON!

I'm epically tired of excuses. Dexman, I'm stealing your sig!

thunderkyss
11-08-2010, 02:44 PM
To revisit a Kubiak quote from preseason:

With exception for week one... Epic FAIL

This speaks to all the BS spouted in this thread about you can't blame GK for player miscues, poor officiating, blah, blah, blah....

IT'S HIS JOB TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE ON!

I'm epically tired of excuses. Dexman, I'm stealing your sig!

Who's making excuses?

Everyone is saying this team sucks. The only difference between the soapers and the sunshine club, is that the sunshine club is saying wait till the end of the season before you fire your head coach.

The sunshiners don't think it's over, but come Jan 3, if we aren't getting ready for our first play-off game, I don't think there is anyone here saying we shouldn't part ways with Kubiak.

There may be some saying we won't, but that's not the same as saying we shouldn't.

Blake
11-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Who's making excuses?

Everyone is saying this team sucks. The only difference between the soapers and the sunshine club, is that the sunshine club is saying wait till the end of the season before you fire your head coach.

The sunshiners don't think it's over, but come Jan 3, if we aren't getting ready for our first play-off game, I don't think there is anyone here saying we shouldn't part ways with Kubiak.

There may be some saying we won't, but that's not the same as saying we shouldn't.

I think a lot of us think one of the biggest problems with this team is the Jekyll and Hyde act. Which team will show up? The one that smoked Indy, or the one that layed down after the Giants punched them in the face? Thats the exact opposite of consistency, and keeping a team consistent is what the HC is supposed to do. I am not talking about playing well and coming out flat for the occasional game. This team has been playing up and down for years.

HOU-TEX
11-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Who's making excuses?

Which "soapers" are calling for Kubiak to be fired now? I believe most people want him fired after the season if things continue to spiral downward. Which is expected considering our schedule and how we've been playing.

Personally, I don't think he'll be fired either way due to his recent extension. There might be a few heads roll, but I doubt it's his.

False Start
11-08-2010, 03:10 PM
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/1333/garygumpcopy.jpg

thunderkyss
11-08-2010, 04:23 PM
I think a lot of us think one of the biggest problems with this team is the Jekyll and Hyde act. Which team will show up? The one that smoked Indy, or the one that layed down after the Giants punched them in the face? Thats the exact opposite of consistency, and keeping a team consistent is what the HC is supposed to do. I am not talking about playing well and coming out flat for the occasional game. This team has been playing up and down for years.

The only difference between the Wk1 Colts game & the Giants game, is that we were able to run the ball on the Colts, not so much on the Giants. The passing game has been consistently poor all year long. The passing game showed up late in the Skins game, late in the KC game. I think it showed up 2nd Qtr or so against San Diego..... other than that, it ain't been there. Consistently.

thunderkyss
11-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Which "soapers" are calling for Kubiak to be fired now? I believe most people want him fired after the season if things continue to spiral downward. Which is expected considering our schedule and how we've been playing.

Personally, I don't think he'll be fired either way due to his recent extension. There might be a few heads roll, but I doubt it's his.

Right... you're right. The soapers are saying it won't get any better over the next 8 games.

I & I think the other sunshiners are saying it should. We still think this is a good team, don't know why we're in a shambles... but we've believe we'll get out of this funk soon.... we think soon, because we're running out of time.

DexmanC
11-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Right... you're right. The soapers are saying it won't get any better over the next 8 games.

I & I think the other sunshiners are saying it should. We still think this is a good team, don't know why we're in a shambles... but we've believe we'll get out of this funk soon.... we think soon, because we're running out of time.

2-0 start

2-4 since

8 teams capable of SMASHING the Texans left on the schedule

Coaching is holding this team back, and it deserves a better option
at head coach.

MeLoveTexans
11-08-2010, 06:03 PM
2-0 start

2-4 since

at head coach.

Correction 6 teams. we play 2 twice:bubbles:

Texecutioner
11-08-2010, 06:04 PM

I can't believe what I just read. Dale ole buddy has finally seen enough. Man, I didn't think it was possible. That's when you know things are bad when even Dale finally throws in the towel.

HJam72
11-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Don't think it's going to get better, but I hate to judge the....coachiot too soon.

I'm a half-bar of soap. :mcnugget:

DexmanC
11-08-2010, 06:06 PM
I can't believe what I just read. Dale ole buddy has finally seen enough. Man, I didn't think it was possible. That's when you know things are bad when even Dale finally throws in the towel.

Tell me about it.

Lucky
11-08-2010, 06:20 PM
I & I think the other sunshiners are saying...
The Sunshine Club has dwindled to a small group. Quite possibly, you & you.

P.S. And Marcus.

P.P.S. Maybe.

HJam72
11-08-2010, 06:27 PM

P.S. And Marcus.

P.P.S. Maybe.

You used a PowerPoint Slideshow for that? :mcnugget:

Wolf
11-08-2010, 07:17 PM
I think my frustration pendulum is swung over where it is starting to be funny. t I couldn't help but laugh

I had a mental image of the bolder part :joker:

Along the way, someone will get hurt and he'll be replaced on the roster with the next anonymous, nondescript, shitty player with ties to the Denver Broncos or Purdue University. The Texans will head into their final two games needing one win to get to .500 or go 9-7 and miss the playoffs, and they'll finish out at home with a win against Jacksonville.

Why?Because Kubiak is 4-0 in meaningless season finales as Texans head coach. It's been enough to keep him employed, but last I checked the fans don't pay big money for a post-game ceremony of Kubiak raising his W-2 over his head like the Lombardi Trophy.

No one is getting any satisfaction. Texans fans have never been able to feel good about this team for more than a week or two at a time. It has to stop. No more post-game press conferences of "It's on me. We gotta go fix it. We gotta get that corrected." It's time for Bob McNair to have a press conference where he talks about fixing things, and then goes and fixes them.

McNair doesn't need any film, he just needs a game program. Propaganda doesn't cover up the numbers. The Texans are 4-4; Gary Kubiak is 35-37. It's not going to change, because Kubiak won't change. He's a .500 coach. The Texans are a .500 franchise.

That shouldn't be good enough. It can't be good enough.

So yeah, the Texans played the Chargers yesterday. They lost. Big deal. See you at 8-8.

Every home game Sunday, the Houston Texans put out a free publication called the Tailgate Times that gets handed to ticket holders and media members as they pull into their respective Reliant Stadium parking lots. It's essentially a four-page piece of upbeat Texans propaganda, a printed trailer if you will to the main-feature myopia of the game program.

Perhaps the headline (right next to a picture of tight end Owen Daniels in a three-point stance) of yesterday's Tailgate Times should have told us everything we needed to know about how Sunday was going to go:

"Owen Daniels Back better than ever"

About 45 minutes later, in the press box, we were handed the list of inactive players for the game yesterday afternoon. Chief among them on the Texans side of the page:

"81 TE Owen Daniels"

Back. Better than ever. And inactive. It was all downhill from there.

it is not funny but it is at this moment to me

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/assets_c/2010/11/Seyi%20Ajirotututexans-thumb-300x200.jpg

The view the Texans' secondary had all day

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2010/11/houston_texans.php

dalemurphy
11-08-2010, 08:12 PM

P.S. And Marcus.

P.P.S. Maybe.

Well, our blog is split: I'm writing about divorcing Kubiak while Barrett wrote a story about things "looking up". He's delirious, though.

thunderkyss
11-08-2010, 09:09 PM
2-0 start

2-4 since

at head coach.

I'm just not seeing that. JJ in the endzone.... didn't make a catch that was a gift to him.

Arian Foster's touchdown gets called back....

If those plays stand, we win the game. We had a lead going into the 4th Qtr, & bad luck struck.

I wouldn't blame the coaches any more than I'm blaming the players, that's just the way that goes.

Colts..... there is no guarantee that running the ball more would have been a win, check their game against the Dolphins last year. 45 minutes to 15, Miami still lost.

Philadelphia beat the Colts only handing the ball off to McCoy 16 times. I know it's different with Vick, but it's not like they threw in 10 designed runs for him. Vick ain't Schaub, but the Eagles went in thinking they can beat the Colts, dropping Vick back to throw the ball.

Is Andy Reid not a viable head coach?

This team has been in position to win, they haven't capitalized (executed) yeah, the coach has something to do with that as well.... but not so much that it is holding us back.

thunderkyss
11-08-2010, 09:11 PM

P.S. And Marcus.

P.P.S. Maybe.

It does feel awful lonely here.

But that usually happens when it gets close to Xmas time.... I think it's cause they don't want to buy me a gift....

:kitten:

DexmanC
11-08-2010, 09:18 PM
I'm just not seeing that. JJ in the endzone.... didn't make a catch that was a gift to him.

If those plays stand, we win the game. We had a lead going into the 4th Qtr, & bad luck struck.

I wouldn't blame the coaches any more than I'm blaming the players, that's just the way that goes.

Colts..... there is no guarantee that running the ball more would have been a win, check their game against the Dolphins last year. 45 minutes to 15, Miami still lost.

Philadelphia beat the Colts only handing the ball off to McCoy 16 times. I know it's different with Vick, but it's not like they threw in 10 designed runs for him. Vick ain't Schaub, but the Eagles went in thinking they can beat the Colts, dropping Vick back to throw the ball.

This team has been in position to win, they haven't capitalized (executed) yeah, the coach has something to do with that as well.... but not so much that it is holding us back.

Schaub ain't half the playmaker Vick is. You see that 60+ yard bomb
he threw to Jackson to get them out of their own endzone? Vick
routinely makes plays like that, Schaub doesn't. If they sit back passively
on Vick, he's 20 yards upfield. If Mathis and Freeney crash down on
Vick, he's 20 yards upfield.

Holla at me when Schaub is that kind of playmaker. The Eagles won, because
Reid knows he has a hell of a playmaker and gave him the ball all game long.
Kubiak took the ball out of Foster's hands on key redzone possessions and
short-yardage situations in the second half. When did Reid pull Vick out,
and shove Kolb in there for "a couple reps?"

The phrase is "Schaub ain't Vick." The Texans will find that out in a few
weeks.

Wolf
11-08-2010, 09:23 PM

I don't exactly know about a "gift", it was tipped

(about the only time I will defend jones on that one)..would have been a really good catch

Foster's "TD" .. I don't like the NFL rule one bit but a few players have been burned on it this season and I guess a rule is a rule

Pantherstang84
11-08-2010, 09:23 PM

Sorry. The coach has everything to do with it. EVERYTHING! Either his preparation of the team is lacking or he and Rick Smith did not select the right players. It rests on him.

TexansSeminole
11-08-2010, 11:23 PM
The fact that the guy has been unable to get the defense right for a full season in 4.5 seasons is enough to fire him IMO. The Head Coach is the Head Coach, not the coach of only one side. It's the head coaches job to have the offense, the defense, and the special teams all playing well. If he can't do that in five years, the gig is up.

That's the first thing I look at.

2006:
Total Defense: 24th
Points per game: 26th

2007:
Total: 24th

2008:
Total: 22th

2009:
Total: 14th

2010 (through 8 games):
Total: 32nd
Points 30th

Last year we were in the middle of the pack, outside of that we have been among the worst.

thunderkyss
11-09-2010, 05:01 AM
Schaub ain't half the playmaker Vick is. You see that 60+ yard bomb
he threw to Jackson to get them out of their own endzone? Vick
routinely makes plays like that, Schaub doesn't. If they sit back passively
on Vick, he's 20 yards upfield. If Mathis and Freeney crash down on
Vick, he's 20 yards upfield.

Holla at me when Schaub is that kind of playmaker. The Eagles won, because
Reid knows he has a hell of a playmaker and gave him the ball all game long.
Kubiak took the ball out of Foster's hands on key redzone possessions and
short-yardage situations in the second half. When did Reid pull Vick out,
and shove Kolb in there for "a couple reps?"

The phrase is "Schaub ain't Vick." The Texans will find that out in a few
weeks.

Pulling Vick & sticking Kold in is equivalent to asking Schaub & AJ to make a play?

What?

Showtime100
11-09-2010, 06:26 AM

*touches nose then points to TK repeatedly*

You're getting warm TK! Dangit, you're getting closer!!

Dishman
11-09-2010, 06:37 AM
Pulling Vick & sticking Kold in is equivalent to asking Schaub & AJ to make a play?

What?

He's referring to Arian Foster being pulled out to rest a few reps in place of Derrick Ward or a series of pass plays. Andy Reid didn't pull Vick from the game in place of Kolb to let Vick get some rest. Reid used Vick to his advantage whereas Kubiak uses Foster in a way that makes some of us tilt are head and say "wtf just happened".

GuerillaBlack
11-09-2010, 08:14 AM
He's referring to Arian Foster being pulled out to rest a few reps in place of Derrick Ward or a series of pass plays. Andy Reid didn't pull Vick from the game in place of Kolb to let Vick get some rest. Reid used Vick to his advantage whereas Kubiak uses Foster in a way that makes some of us tilt are head and say "wtf just happened".

But, uh, when do QBs ever leave the game for rests? RBs always do.

HJam72
11-09-2010, 08:15 AM
I think Kubiak plans too many things ahead and just doesn't adjust on the fly....at all.

J_R
11-09-2010, 08:18 AM
Only seven NFL head coaches have more tenure than Gary Kubiak, and all seven of them have gone to the playoffs at least twice.

The Packers, Saints and Vikings hired head coaches the same off-season the Texans hired Kubiak, and they've each gone to the playoffs twice.

The Cardinals, Falcons, Ravens and Dolphins changed coaches since Kubiak was hired, and they've all been to the playoffs.

Have you checked out the Bucs or Chiefs? They're being rebuilt in a hurry.Do you think they might get to the playoffs before our little Texans?

Every situation is different. Yes, Kubiak inherited a 2-14 disaster of a team. Yes, he plays in a tough division. At some point, though, enough is enough is enough.

Kubiak has had enough time. Rick Smith, too. If this coach and this general manager don't get the Texans to the playoffs in their fifth year, there's no reason to think they're ever going to do it.

Every season is starting to look like every other season for this franchise. The Texans aren't terrible, but they're not very good, either. They're just there, painting the town gray.

They beat the Colts. They rallied gallantly to beat the Redskins. Just when you started to believe in them, they got run off the field by the Cowboys. When they miss the playoffs again, we can't even say, "At least we beat the Cowboys."

Optimism only goes so far

Let's not make this just about Kubiak, even though that's the simplest place to start because this latest meltdown is on him and his inability to get his team to make winning plays.

If you still believe in the Texans today, you're an extreme optimist. Speaking of optimists, the Texans sold out Reliant Stadium for the 87th straight game Sunday afternoon.

Keep that number in mind the next time someone tells you Houston isn't much of a sports town. Do you think fans in Boston or Chicago would keep buying tickets if they had a team like the Texans? We're either very loyal, very optimistic or we're really, really into tailgating.

Midway through Kubiak's fifth season, 15 NFL teams have better records than the Texans, including seven in the AFC. If the season ended today, the Texans wouldn't come close to making the playoffs.

With road games remaining against the Jaguars, Titans, Eagles and Jets, they're going to need a great finish just to finish .500, much less make the playoffs.

Let's not let Rick Smith off the hook here. He has had four drafts and four free-agent classes. After all that reshaping of the roster, how many players do the Texans have who are among the five or 10 best at their positions?

Andre Johnson? Absolutely. Arian Foster? Definitely? Mario Williams? When he shows up. How about Brian Cushing? Nope, not this year.
As for three other No. 1 picks — Duane Brown, Amobi Okoye and Kareem Jackson - let's be kind and say they're a work in progress.

Schaub not exempt

How about Matt Schaub? Last week, Kubiak said he was playing well. He said the same thing of Mario Williams, so maybe his words shouldn't be etched in stone.

Schaub's numbers are down across the board, but maybe those shouldn't be emphasized too much since Foster has given the Texans a dimension they've never had before.

But the Schaub number that ought to frighten Kubiak more than any other is the sack total. After getting sacked 25 times all season, he's on a pace for 42 this year.

The bottom line is that the Texans have lost four of six since that 2-0 start and are tied for last place in the AFC South. Unless something turns around dramatically, they'll start playing out the string about on schedule.

Could Bill Cowher or Jon Gruden or Tony Dungy take this roster to the playoffs? Could they get them to cut down on their mistakes, to play with more resolve? Or has Rick Smith dealt Kubiak an impossible hand?

All that's clear is that a season that began with such optimism is slipping away as usual. And Kubiak has had enough time to fix it.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/justice/7285782.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+houstonchronicle%2Ftopheadlin es+%28chron.com+-+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=Twitter

Señor Stan
11-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Leave Kubiak alone!!!

You're lucky he even calls plays for you BASTARDS!!!11!

JB
11-09-2010, 01:36 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/justice/7285782.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+houstonchronicle%2Ftopheadlin es+%28chron.com+-+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=Twitter

I can't believe you quoted an entire Justice article and posted it here like it had some sort of credibility. What's next, taking McLame's word on the state of the Texans?

:facepalm:

HOU-TEX
11-09-2010, 01:38 PM
I can't believe you quoted an entire Justice article and posted it here like it had some sort of credibility. What's next, taking McLame's word on the state of the Texans?

:wadepalm:

J_R
11-09-2010, 01:52 PM

Oh I'm sorry :rolleyes: Did I offend you? :rolleyes:

Anyhow, Justice is spot-on here. Kubiak is a lame-ass mediocre coach. How long we gonna give him? A lifetime contract? Sure why not. Truth hurts, doesn't it? Fact is, Kubiak isnt the guy. Just cant get the job done. Medicore and average.

JB
11-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Oh I'm sorry :rolleyes: Did I offend you? :rolleyes:

Anyhow, Justice is spot-on here. Kubiak is a lame-ass mediocre coach. How long we gonna give him? A lifetime contract? Sure why not. Truth hurts, doesn't it? Fact is, Kubiak isnt the guy. Just cant get the job done. Medicore and average.

Offended me? Not at all. I just need to get used to the fact that a bunch of you people have already written the season off, even though we are only halfway through and not out of it at all.

And it won't matter to you what we do the rest of the season, even if we win out, 'cause Kubiak is a lame-ass mediocre coach. And every fumble or interception is his fault.

But anyone that thinks that Justice is "spot-on" about anything is questionably a laqme-ass mediocre fan in my opinion.

spurstexanstros
11-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Once again...the players need to excecute. Jacoby.,... Arian and Andre. They hold on to ball Texans win...but nooooo focus on things like resting players at certain times and play calling.

I see the soapers points but cmon..the players play the game and they havent been excecuting.

DexmanC
11-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Offended me? Not at all. I just need to get used to the fact that a bunch of you people have already written the season off, even though we are only halfway through and not out of it at all.

And it won't matter to you what we do the rest of the season, even if we win out, 'cause Kubiak is a lame-ass mediocre coach. And every fumble or interception is his fault.

But anyone that thinks that Justice is "spot-on" about anything is questionably a laqme-ass mediocre fan in my opinion.

My opinion on Kubiak's lame-ass-ness is not based only on this season.
It's based on the result of FOUR AND A HALF SEASONS of .500 ball.
We started 3-1, and are 1-3 since. Perfectly perpendicular path
we're following. A perfect .500 record.

Win out? Sweep the Jags and Titans? Beat the Ravens and Jets?
Beat Mike Vick in Philly? Kyle Orton DOESN'T throw for 450 on us?

You really see all that? Where's the evidence?

eriadoc
11-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Once again...the players need to excecute Jacoby.,...

Not the guy I would have picked, but I guess if you want to set an example .... ???

JB
11-09-2010, 04:07 PM
My opinion on Kubiak's lame-ass-ness is not based only on this season.
It's based on the result of FOUR AND A HALF SEASONS of .500 ball.
We started 3-1, and are 1-3 since. Perfectly perpendicular path
we're following. A perfect .500 record.

Win out? Sweep the Jags and Titans? Beat the Ravens and Jets?
Beat Mike Vick in Philly? Kyle Orton DOESN'T throw for 450 on us?

You really see all that? Where's the evidence?

I never said I see them winning out. If you didn't read it, I said even if they win out...

see the difference there?

Hervoyel
11-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Not the guy I would have picked, but I guess if you want to set an example .... ???

That's funny stuff right there. Must spread rep.

DexmanC
11-09-2010, 04:15 PM
I never said I see them winning out. If you didn't read it, I said even if they win out...

see the difference there?

Ok. It's analogous to "Even if the Atlantic Ocean became a desert
tomorrow morning..." Got ya.

JB
11-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Ok. It's analogous to "Even if the Atlantic Ocean became a desert
tomorrow morning..." Got ya.

So, you're saying that the Texans have less of a chance of making the playoffs than a non-white does of being a racist? Got ya.

DexmanC
11-09-2010, 06:21 PM
So, you're saying that the Texans have less of a chance of making the playoffs than a non-white does of being a racist? Got ya.

LOL. Can't lie. I'm bustin' a gut over here. Rep.

JB
11-09-2010, 06:25 PM
LOL. Can't lie. I'm bustin' a gut over here. Rep.

:tiphat: Laughter is the best medicine...

wagonhed
11-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Easily the most depressing thing I've read this season.

Only seven NFL head coaches have more tenure than Gary Kubiak, and all seven of them have gone to the playoffs at least twice.

The Packers, Saints and Vikings hired head coaches the same off-season the Texans hired Kubiak, and they've each gone to the playoffs twice.

The Cardinals, Falcons, Ravens and Dolphins changed coaches since Kubiak was hired, and they've all been to the playoffs.

Have you checked out the Bucs or Chiefs? They're being rebuilt in a hurry.Do you think they might get to the playoffs before our little Texans?

Every situation is different. Yes, Kubiak inherited a 2-14 disaster of a team. Yes, he plays in a tough division. At some point, though, enough is enough is enough.

Kubiak has had enough time. Rick Smith, too. If this coach and this general manager don't get the Texans to the playoffs in their fifth year, there's no reason to think they're ever going to do it.

Every season is starting to look like every other season for this franchise. The Texans aren't terrible, but they're not very good, either. They're just there, painting the town gray.

They beat the Colts. They rallied gallantly to beat the Redskins. Just when you started to believe in them, they got run off the field by the Cowboys. When they miss the playoffs again, we can't even say, "At least we beat the Cowboys."

Optimism only goes so far

Let's not make this just about Kubiak, even though that's the simplest place to start because this latest meltdown is on him and his inability to get his team to make winning plays.

If you still believe in the Texans today, you're an extreme optimist. Speaking of optimists, the Texans sold out Reliant Stadium for the 87th straight game Sunday afternoon.

Keep that number in mind the next time someone tells you Houston isn't much of a sports town. Do you think fans in Boston or Chicago would keep buying tickets if they had a team like the Texans? We're either very loyal, very optimistic or we're really, really into tailgating.

Midway through Kubiak's fifth season, 15 NFL teams have better records than the Texans, including seven in the AFC. If the season ended today, the Texans wouldn't come close to making the playoffs.

With road games remaining against the Jaguars, Titans, Eagles and Jets, they're going to need a great finish just to finish .500, much less make the playoffs.

Let's not let Rick Smith off the hook here. He has had four drafts and four free-agent classes. After all that reshaping of the roster, how many players do the Texans have who are among the five or 10 best at their positions?

Andre Johnson? Absolutely. Arian Foster? Definitely? Mario Williams? When he shows up. How about Brian Cushing? Nope, not this year.
As for three other No. 1 picks — Duane Brown, Amobi Okoye and Kareem Jackson - let's be kind and say they're a work in progress.

Schaub not exempt

How about Matt Schaub? Last week, Kubiak said he was playing well. He said the same thing of Mario Williams, so maybe his words shouldn't be etched in stone.

Schaub's numbers are down across the board, but maybe those shouldn't be emphasized too much since Foster has given the Texans a dimension they've never had before.

But the Schaub number that ought to frighten Kubiak more than any other is the sack total. After getting sacked 25 times all season, he's on a pace for 42 this year.

The bottom line is that the Texans have lost four of six since that 2-0 start and are tied for last place in the AFC South. Unless something turns around dramatically, they'll start playing out the string about on schedule.

Could Bill Cowher or Jon Gruden or Tony Dungy take this roster to the playoffs? Could they get them to cut down on their mistakes, to play with more resolve? Or has Rick Smith dealt Kubiak an impossible hand?

All that's clear is that a season that began with such optimism is slipping away as usual. And Kubiak has had enough time to fix it.

DexmanC
11-09-2010, 06:43 PM

Painful, because it's true.

thunderkyss
11-09-2010, 08:54 PM

It's all about perspective.

I don't think you can compare our franchise to those. They've had success, they had vets, who knew how to be vets. If you put Kubiak on any of those teams when those coaches took over, no doubt in my mind they would have had as much success if not more.

We didn't have anything. What we did get in the expansion draft, Capers & Casserly pretty much dumped before the 2-14 season.

Compare this club to the Detroit Lions of 2002, the 49ers of 2002, the Cardinals of 2002. & what we've got here isn't very much different.

The Cardinals of course seems to be the best franchise of that bunch. Denny Green IMHO left a much better team for Wisenhunt than Capers left for Casserly. I don't know that Green couldn't have taken the team Wisenhunt took to the Super Bowl. I think Green was let go to early & that team would look better now, if Green was still there. Wisenhunt (IMHO) isn't as good as putting a team together (at least he hasn't shown it) than Green was.

That's the fear I have, of losing Kubiak. This team is good enough (IMHO) to get to the play-offs & make a strong push for the Super Bowl. Looks mediocre now, I know.... we're dealing with adversity (everybody does, every season) we're getting ours now, & I think it'll all work out in the end. We'll make a Super Bowl push & I like Kubiak & Smith keeping that going next year, and the year after, and the year after.

I liked what Marinelli was able to do in Detroit. I don't agree with his firing. But they've been messing around with coaches while keeping a bad GM & they hadn't been able to build the foundation a franchise needs until Marinelli got there. I like what Shwartz is doing there. I think he put together a good draft, had a great offseason & I think he will do well if they allow him the time to finish.

I liked what Mike Nolan was doing in San Francisco but they fired him too early (expectations too high). I like Singletary, I think he would have had more success taking over a more veteran team. If he gets fired in San Fran because of what they are going through now (which I don't think they would be going through with Nolan) he may not get a chance to be a head coach again.

This is our 9th season. The most success we've had in the last 9 years, is a 9-7 season. It doesn't make sense to compare Kubiak to Ryan who took over a 9-7 team with pro bowl guards & a history & tradition we can't even compare....

Or an Atlanta Falcons team that had been to the NFC championship game in that 9 year period. Or a Miami team with a top 10 defense.

dalemurphy
11-09-2010, 09:03 PM

I don't think you can compare our franchise to those. They've had success, they had vets, who knew how to be vets. If you put Kubiak on any of those teams when those coaches took over, no doubt in my mind they would have had as much success if not more.

We didn't have anything. What we did get in the expansion draft, Capers & Casserly pretty much dumped before the 2-14 season.

Compare this club to the Detroit Lions of 2002, the 49ers of 2002, the Cardinals of 2002. & what we've got here isn't very much different.

The Cardinals of course seems to be the best franchise of that bunch. Denny Green IMHO left a much better team for Wisenhunt than Capers left for Casserly. I don't know that Green couldn't have taken the team Wisenhunt took to the Super Bowl. I think Green was let go to early & that team would look better now, if Green was still there. Wisenhunt (IMHO) isn't as good as putting a team together (at least he hasn't shown it) than Green was.

That's the fear I have, of losing Kubiak. This team is good enough (IMHO) to get to the play-offs & make a strong push for the Super Bowl. Looks mediocre now, I know.... we're dealing with adversity (everybody does, every season) we're getting ours now, & I think it'll all work out in the end. We'll make a Super Bowl push & I like Kubiak & Smith keeping that going next year, and the year after, and the year after.

I liked what Marinelli was able to do in Detroit. I don't agree with his firing. But they've been messing around with coaches while keeping a bad GM & they hadn't been able to build the foundation a franchise needs until Marinelli got there. I like what Shwartz is doing there. I think he put together a good draft, had a great offseason & I think he will do well if they allow him the time to finish.

I liked what Mike Nolan was doing in San Francisco but they fired him too early (expectations too high). I like Singletary, I think he would have had more success taking over a more veteran team. If he gets fired in San Fran because of what they are going through now (which I don't think they would be going through with Nolan) he may not get a chance to be a head coach again.

This is our 9th season. The most success we've had in the last 9 years, is a 9-7 season. It doesn't make sense to compare Kubiak to Ryan who took over a 9-7 team with pro bowl guards & a history & tradition we can't even compare....

Or an Atlanta Falcons team that had been to the NFC championship game in that 9 year period. Or a Miami team with a top 10 defense.

Thunderkyss,

If, somehow, they finish with 10 wins and make the playoffs... even 9 and the playoffs (not gonna happen), I'll go with you down this line of thinking. But, 5 years of unfettered opportunity to build the team, get the talent and coaches in place... he has to cash that in. If, after five years they can't accomplish one 10 win season, then either they are acquiring the wrong talent, aren't developing the talent well, are unable to scheme to win, or are making other costly decisions detrimental to the franchise. Last year, I believed Kubiak deserved one last season, with his guys, to prove whether or not he could do it. So far, I'm thoroughly disappointed.

DexmanC
11-09-2010, 09:05 PM
The 2-14 Texans were essentially the same team that went 7-9 the
year before. That 2-14 talent was good enough to go 7-9. Kubiak
took the 2-14 team to 6-10. They have not improved from mediocre
since. The Saints' 3-13 situation is NOT dissimilar from the Texans 2-14
situation. They only have 2 NFC Championship Games and a Superbowl
to speak for it.

So, do we stick with a coach that can take a bad team to mediocre, and
not improve from that caliber in spite of the talent increasing every year?

The talent level a new coach would have to start at, is not the same as
2006. Should Kubiak continue his trend of .500 ball, we know what we
have in him. It ain't enough.

Kubiak does not want to hurt Kareem Jackson's feelings, even if every
team gets 2 free touchdowns on him every week. When we are leading
a game via smashmouth, Kubiak can't wait to show how smart he is
with his passing schematics, even if it ultimately gets us beat. He had
a prime opportunity to hire a reputable defensive coordinator, and Gary
chose the "love conquers all" option and REFUSED to interview ANYBODY
for the DC position OTHER THAN Frank Bush.

Gary picks the players.
Gary picks the coaches.
Gary decides who gets playing time.

The results of those decisions belong to GARY.

Hope you've decided which color of soap you'll be sporting next week.
Garrard is back, and THEY had a bye week.

Defending Kubiak REQUIRES "suspension of dis-belief."

steelbtexan
11-09-2010, 09:09 PM

I would love to sit by Dale and She Tex during a game.

That would be fun.

HTown2ATX
11-09-2010, 09:10 PM
That's the fear I have, of losing Kubiak.

TK!! :kubepalm: :foottap: :)

This team is good enough (IMHO) to get to the play-offs......

Yes, they have the talent (sans some aspects on Defense) but Kubiak has had too long with no results. This season is not over yet, but seriously look at the schedule ahead. I mean for real, for real.... If we don't make playoffs this year and by your own admission of the talent we have...Kubes stays?!?!

No playoffs thius year = something must change...ASAP

houstonspartan
11-09-2010, 10:21 PM

Hold it, Hold it.

Thunder, you don't agree with firing Marinelli? You think it's ok that he went 0-16?

Dude, I have heard everything. I have no freaking words.

No offense, but the more you talk, the more you lose credibility.

wagonhed
11-09-2010, 10:42 PM
Is there a single coach you don't like?

Texan_Bill
11-09-2010, 10:57 PM
Fire Wayne Fontes!!! Fire Wayne Fontes!!! Fire Wayne Fontes!!! :francis:

That worked out well for Detroit!!! :gun:

dalemurphy
11-09-2010, 11:02 PM
Fire Wayne Fontes!!! Fire Wayne Fontes!!! Fire Wayne Fontes!!! :francis:

That worked out well for Detroit!!! :gun:

Bill, Yes things could go south. That is a possibility with upheaval. That is why I was reluctant last season. However, as easily as you can come up with those failed examples, I could list coaching changes that had an immediately positive effect. So, that is a pretty poor argument for not making a change. Though, to the point that a change shouldn't happen without a well thought out plan for a replacement in place, I agree.

Also, my reversal of field regarding Kubiak has less to do with the team's lack of improvement than it does with the realization that it has significantly regressed.

TexansSeminole
11-09-2010, 11:02 PM

How long does it take for a coach to "finish" the job, TK? This question has nothing to do with Schwartz or Kubiak.

How many years of .500 type of football do you think is too many before you fire a head coach?

In my opinion, if you haven't gotten it done (atleast the playoffs) after four years you need to be examined very closely.

It was a toss up last year. Kubiak's new DC, the guy he wanted all along, had improved the defense and found a way to find new play-makers (Cushing, Pollard, Smith). The problem was that the defense was unable to be consistent, they started the season off giving up 24 points a game and heavily contributing to a 2-3 start.

The offense was atrocious in the run game, but yet had a passing game that could move the ball extremely well. The offense was rarely able to score as many points as it should have, mainly due to their issues running the ball. On top of that, the defense wasn't always helping the offense out, giving up 20 or more points in 4 of our 9 wins.

I understood why they kept Kubiak for one more year. The team didn't have the 'finished' or 'together' feel to it, but it looked like it was coming along pretty well. The offense, while unbalanced, was again amongst the best in the league in yardage, and the defense was improving enough that there was some belief in the coaching. While I was not completely confident in Kubiak, I was ok to watch him have one more go 'round at it.

This year it's completely different for me already. The defense is close to, if not the worst defense I have ever seen. We are letting people both move the ball for first downs and score on us like it's part of the gameplan. Our offense is finally starting to show some balance. Our running game is off the charts compared to anything we have ever had under the Kubiak era. The passing game, while down from a year ago, is still effective despite the injuries to Andre Johnson/OD and the poor pass blocking. But despite this balance, we still have to deal with Kubiak and his oddly timed playcalls and forgetfulness (Arian who?).

I have seen enough. I guess 5 years is where I really, truly draw my line.

spurstexanstros
11-09-2010, 11:04 PM

fixed the punctuation there and BTW if they tried to excecute Jacoby, it wouldnt work he would drop the bullet