PDA

View Full Version : The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

DexmanC
10-17-2010, 09:12 PM
If they were to play the Bucs they'd probably allow less than 24 points.

The Texans just allowed Matt Cassell, season QB rating around 55, go
off for a rating of 120+. The Chiefs score around 17 points a game,
yet put up 31 on the Texans. What evidence do you have, that the
Texans can hold ANY team under 24 points?

thunderkyss
10-17-2010, 09:12 PM
...and the kiddie corners got worked by receivers
with bad hands today.

Let me get this straight.

Because receivers caught balls they dropped every other game of the year, our defense is bad?

Because they all of a sudden got stick'm on their gloves, our defense is bad.

I'm not denying that we have work to do on the defense. Not denying that at all, but your argument here (at least on of them) is that we are so bad... guys who normally drop balls catch them when they play us.

Is that what you are saying?

DexmanC
10-17-2010, 09:14 PM
Let me get this straight.

Because receivers caught balls they dropped every other game of the year, our defense is bad?

Because they all of a sudden got stick'm on their gloves, our defense is bad.

I'm not denying that we have work to do on the defense. Not denying that at all, but your argument here (at least on of them) is that we are so bad... guys who normally drop balls catch them when they play us.

Is that what you are saying?

I'm saying the Texans give no team *pause* when running their pass plays.
The Chiefs got more than twice the rushing yardage the Texans defense gives up on average.
This defense is SOFT. We're 6 games in, and that's what we've seen.

kiwitexansfan
10-17-2010, 09:15 PM

OFF TOPIC: Any particular reason your posts only use half of the length of the screen? Not the easiest to read.

Ckw
10-17-2010, 09:15 PM
Yes, Kubiak will get us to the promised land.
Yes, I was very happy with out defense last year.
Yes we've played the way I would like
It's kinda hard to turn the corner when you guys keep moving the damn thing.

Fair enough.

I just have to ask, are you related to Kubiak? Friend with him? Dating him?

These ugly wins.... would have been losses last year. Plain & simple. It's nothing that is going to show up on a stat sheet. Nothing you can put your finger on. It's that intangible maturity level we were lacking last year. If we're 100% healthy after the by, this team is going to turn circles around those corners you keep moving.

Agreed. I am happy they have been wins instead of losses.

Take inconsistent out of your vocabulary. Let's get more specific. What's wrong with our pass defense? If you say secondary, show me... if you say it's our young corners, show me.

I don't have the time to analyze tapes, print out pictures for you, or any of that crap. I go by what I see when I watch the game. What I see is that our linebackers, safeties, and corners are not that great in coverage. It was Kubiak's fault for sticking with the status quote and not doing anything to improve upon our pass defense.

There are plenty of threads around here discussing the specifics. Several posters have contributed evidence contrary to popular belief, but we keep getting the same arguments..... inconsistency.

Let's get specific, what's been inconsistent?

I don't care to play semantics with you. Our entire team has been "inconsistent." Our offense can't seem to pass the ball one half, but then is successful the next. Our defense can't seem to defend the pass or stop the run one half, but then is successful the next. We have put up one "consistent" game this season: the Colts game.

thunderkyss
10-17-2010, 09:16 PM
soooooooooooo.... I'm saying a coach that's taken his team to the playoffs
a couple times within 5 years gets more "benefit of the doubt." Kubiak's
in a position where he has to deliver, even if all 53 men on the roster are
lost, and he has to bring in reserve players from the CFL.

What do you want him to deliver? It's obviously not wins, because we got that.

It's obviously not wins against the toughest division opponent, because we got that.

It's not being undefeated in the AFC, after 3 conference games, because we got that too.

It's not going into the bye with a winning record..... we got that.

It's not leading the division, because... yep, you guessed it, we got that to.

What do you want Kubiak to "deliver" despite the multitude of distractions?

Show me one consistent team in this league, one that dominates both sides of the ball on every snap. Just one.

thunderkyss
10-17-2010, 09:17 PM
I do know his defense doesn't consistently give bad/mediocre quarterbacks
career games every week.

Can you back that up in any way?

kiwitexansfan
10-17-2010, 09:18 PM

It's obviously not wins against the toughest division opponent, because we got that.

It's not being undefeated in the AFC, after 3 conference games, because we got that too.

Show me one consistent team in this league, one that dominates both sides of the ball on every snap. Just one.

I think our perspective as fans has really shifted given that we are pretty much all grossly dissatisfied despite being 4-2 and tied for the division lead.

thunderkyss
10-17-2010, 09:20 PM

I have none. But I've got 4 games worth of evidence that says they'll find a way to win.

DexmanC
10-17-2010, 09:21 PM

Unlike previous years, the "lighter" games were front-loaded onto the
2010 schedule. There will be no miracle run of 4-0 to make 9-7 this year.
The way this team has played through 6 games, is not good enough
to beat hardly any of the next 10 games we face.

I'm critiquing the horrible defense, and flashy offense, and comparing it
to what I see from our upcoming opponents. Sloppy football will
not get us the 6 wins we need to make the playoffs, or to justify
another year of the Kubiak experiment.

We've just played the "easy" part of the schedule. Unless they come out
of the gate radically improved, things will get ugly FAST. The next
time the Texans play well in the AFC South, will be the first under Kubiak.
Until I see it, that's another 5 losses.

This 4-2 record looks built on "smoke & mirrors." They are playing
Cinderella football. It's exciting while it works, but when
the clock strikes midnight... I was expecting this team to set
the tone for the AFC South. That's just not happening with
how they are playing. We've still got 10 games to play, against
MUCH stiffer competition. Midnight is approaching FAST.

If they go to Indy and win, then I'll back off until they lose
3-in-a-row. Until then, I'll be criticizing all through the bye
week.

kiwitexansfan
10-17-2010, 09:22 PM
I have none. But I've got 4 games worth of evidence that says they'll find a way to win.

Maybe the truth of the NFL is that you can only afford so many talented people. We happen to have all ours on Offense and are backing ourselves to blow teams out of the water often enough to make the playoffs.

ObsiWan
10-17-2010, 09:25 PM
soooooooooooo.... I'm saying a coach that's taken his team to the playoffs
a couple times within 5 years gets more "benefit of the doubt." Kubiak's
in a position where he has to deliver, even if all 53 men on the roster are
lost, and he has to bring in reserve players from the CFL.
First, I think all head coaches this side of Sean Payton or Belichick have to deliver. Payton because he did the near impossible, made the Saints S/B champs, and Belichick because, love him or hate him, he produces year in/year out.

Second, let me understand something; you're saying that less is expected from Norv Turner (who's 2-4 Chargers were expected to win the AFC West going away this year) than from Kubiak who, as you guys delight in pointing out, does not yet have a winning record as a head coach.
You're saying Turner gets a free pass on a 2-4 record (did I mention he's 0-2 in his division?) because he couldn't replace TWO GUYS??

Yet Kubiak must produce even if he has to replace all 53? Is that what you just told us?

Didn't we lose our starting LT and two WRs at times this year? Oh, my bad, only other teams get to make excuses.

Scooter
10-17-2010, 09:25 PM
edit: too drunk for coherant thought.

DexmanC
10-17-2010, 09:30 PM
First, I think all head coaches this side of Sean Payton or Belichick have to deliver. Payton because he did the near impossible, made the Saints S/B champs, and Belichick because, love him or hate him, he produces year in/year out.

Second, let me understand something; you're saying that less is expected from Norv Turner (who's 2-4 Chargers were expected to win the AFC West going away this year) than from Kubiak who, as you guys delight in pointing out, does not yet have a winning record as a head coach.
You're saying Turner gets a free pass on a 2-4 record (did I mention he's 0-2 in his division?) because he couldn't replace TWO GUYS??

Yet Kubiak must produce even if he has to replace all 53? Is that what you just told us?

Didn't we lose our starting LT and two WRs at times this year? Oh, my bad, only other teams get to make excuses.

I know more about Kubiak than I do of Norv, and if Gary is on his job,
I'll have nothing to argue about. If Kubiak's doing what he's supposed
to, you'll have no reason to defend him. The very fact you can't just
dismiss what I'm saying is illustrative of the problem. Kubiak is walking
a VERY FINE LINE right now. How prepared his team comes out at
Indy, a team they play TWICE A YEAR, with TWO WEEKS TO PREPARE
for JUST Indy, will speak VOLUMES about his preparation and coaching.

I'm a Texans fan. Kubiak must show me why I should be a fan of HIM.

JB
10-17-2010, 09:30 PM
Yes, we're 4-2. Give up 24 points on any of our division teams,
Jets, or Ravens, that's a potential 7 losses right there. This defense,
that Kubiak's responsible for, is HORRRRREENNNNDOUSSS.

We can't count the loss of Demeco as an excuse, because they
were still horrendous with him in there. Cushing isn't the animal
he was last year, and the kiddie corners got worked by receivers
with bad hands today.

The run defense is merely average. When a team runs with dedication,
they will wear this defense SMOOTH OUT. The offense can NOT put up
35-40 points a week. If we're to sniff 6 more wins this season, the
defense MUST find a way to hold people under 20 points. Has
not happened yet, and we've played more than 1/3 of the season.

Wait. I thought you were saying it's all about the RESULTS...

Now you are saying it's not about the results but how we played? Make up your mind.

DexmanC
10-17-2010, 09:35 PM
Wait. I thought you were saying it's all about the RESULTS...

Now you are saying it's not about the results but how we played? Make up your mind.

The results are incomplete.

Results = Playoff berth after 16 games
(I would add AFC South Division Title to this definition,
but some people would call that decision "mean.")

There is NO achievement at THIS point of the season, as we're only
1/3 of the way through. I will not say "job well done," with 2/3 of the
schedule still-to-play. My assessment of this team is on what I've
seen until all 16 have been played..

This trend of sloppy execution and horrible preparation is my biggest
gripe with this regime right now. Two weeks to prepare for the Colts
should negate ANY excuse to see on MNF what we've witnessed over
the last 6 games. I want to see this team well-prepared, well-coached,
and executing the game plan like a machine in two weeks.

thunderkyss
10-17-2010, 09:38 PM
If they go to Indy and win, then I'll back off until they lose
3-in-a-row. Until then, I'll be criticizing all through the bye
week.

I doubt it. That you'll back off that is.

Until they lose to Indy, I'm going to have faith that GK can get this team fixed. IMO, the biggest thing this team has lacked, has been fortitude. Forget the refs, forget the last play, forget that our Teammate has just been carted off the field. Forget they've been whup'n our butts for the last 3 Qtrs.... go play the best you can & win.

I'm very close to believing they've got it now. Very close. I think it's great that we got the light end of the schedule on the front end. I don't think this team would have done what it did today against the Ravens, or the Colts (I know they wouldn't have done it against the Colts), or the Jags or the Titans.

I'm freak'n ecstatic that they pulled this one out. ecstatic.

I hear what you're saying about our Defense. But I like the guys we got out there. I saw what they did last year, & we only added a few people to that side of the ball in the offseason, which to me is a plus. Gives me faith, that we can repeat what we did last year. If Kj can play as well as Dunta... & I already believe he can. If Kubiak will replace McCain (or if McCain would get back to the way he played last year)... If Demeco isn't seriously hurt..... we got this.

Dagnabbit, just found out Ryans is done for the season. (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81b62a12/article/texans-lb-ryans-tears-achilles-out-for-remainder-of-season)

DexmanC
10-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Demeco is done for the year. The LB corp needs to step its game up.
They've been horrible all year long.

Pantherstang84
10-17-2010, 09:41 PM
I doubt it. That you'll back off that is.

Until they lose to Indy, I'm going to have faith that GK can get this team fixed. IMO, the biggest thing this team has lacked, has been fortitude. Forget the refs, forget the last play, forget that our Teammate has just been carted off the field. Forget they've been whup'n our butts for the last 3 Qtrs.... go play the best you can & win.

I'm very close to believing they've got it now. Very close. I think it's great that we got the light end of the schedule on the front end. I don't think this team would have done what it did today against the Ravens, or the Colts (I know they wouldn't have done it against the Colts), or the Jags or the Titans.

I'm freak'n ecstatic that they pulled this one out. ecstatic.

I hear what you're saying about our Defense. But I like the guys we got out there. I saw what they did last year, & we only added a few people to that side of the ball in the offseason, which to me is a plus. Gives me faith, that we can repeat what we did last year. If Kj can play as well as Dunta... & I already believe he can. If Kubiak will replace McCain (or if McCain would get back to the way he played last year)... If Demeco isn't seriously hurt..... we got this.

I believe it has already been established that Demeco is seriously hurt.

ObsiWan
10-17-2010, 09:49 PM
Look, for the record, I, too, hate the way our defense is playing. ...or rather NOT playing.
They suck. No question.
I totally agree that odds are we can't keep winning if we keep giving up nearly four TDs a game - our avg is 27.67 against. Abysmal. That needs to be fixed in a hurry.

But I also see this.... Whether it's the coaches not letting them quit, the players' own will to win, or the staff gathering the kind of players that don't ever quit; we're finding ways to win games that we would have given up on before. That's why I'm a Sunshine clubber. If this team ever starts to give up or quit on games then I'll get a pink soap avatar too.

But not until then.

ObsiWan
10-17-2010, 09:52 PM
Demeco is done for the year. The LB corp needs to step its game up.
They've been horrible all year long.

Hey, we agree on something. Their pass coverage has been attrocious.

GP
10-17-2010, 09:53 PM
The Chiefs, today, played like the Texans usually play.

Get the lead, and still find a way to lose the game. The same sound you heard from the Chiefs today (that hissing noise as if air being released from a balloon) was eerily similar to what we are all well-accustomed to hearing.

We're the ones usually moaning about how we let one get away. Haley has his team playing pretty good ball overall, but they couldn't seal the deal. The pressure was too great. The pinhole in the balloon widened and all the air went out of it.

But us? We know we can do it and keep the thing aired up until the end. The biggest problem is that we're doing it against teams who crumble under the pressure. When we face a team who has its back against the wall, we revert back to the old "can't win for losing" attitude. Our guys take a proverbial vacation that week, somehow choosing to not really try on offense at all.

Our defense, though, at least they are consistent. You know every week they are going to allow pockets of open field for a receiver to sit down in and catch a 13-yard pass on 3rd and 11. Every week, they're going to let teams waltz down the field at will and eat up clock while doing it. At least we know who they are.

Our offense is erratic, and OBVIOUSLY inferior without Andre Johnson at near full strength/full strength.

How's THAT for a summary of where we are right now? I think that's accurate.

Porky
10-17-2010, 10:00 PM
Kubes and Rick Smith need to go. This carriage is about to turn into a pumpkin, and whomever said all the talent is on offense may be right, but that is not faint praise of this braintrust because just about every #1 choice in the draft in the Kubiak era has been on defense, and most of the other high picks as well.

If they aren't performing up to snuff, they have nobody to blame but themselves, and at some point they have to own up to the failures. They could have hired a decent DC. Instead they took the easy road with Frank Bush. They could have kept Dunta and/or Reeves. They could have made appropriate trades. They could have drafted just ONE freaking safety with range who could potentially help with this kiddie corner group.

They did none of that. This all comes back on RS and GK, and it's time for a change to someone that understands the value of a good safety in this day and age, and can actually draft one. Two regimes = no decent safety in 8 years. I'm still waiting.

Ckw
10-17-2010, 10:14 PM
For the record, I am against firing Kubiak in the middle of the season ESPECIALLY considering we are sitting at 4-2. But when I look into my crystal ball, I am concerned about the next 10 games considering how we have played in the first 6 and how porous our defense has looked.

thunderkyss
10-17-2010, 11:05 PM
For the record, I am against firing Kubiak in the middle of the season ESPECIALLY considering we are sitting at 4-2. But when I look into my crystal ball, I am concerned about the next 10 games considering how we have played in the first 6 and how porous our defense has looked.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I doubt there is a sunshiner anywhere who isn't concerned about our defense. Some of us (raises hand) are concerned about our offense as well.

But I'm not going to say it's about Wins & Losses one year & then tell you it's about consistency the next.

I also won't insult this team & say they don't want to win, or that they have no "fire" when they get beat from time to time like every other team.

steelbtexan
10-18-2010, 10:02 AM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I doubt there is a sunshiner anywhere who isn't concerned about our defense. Some of us (raises hand) are concerned about our offense as well.

But I'm not going to say it's about Wins & Losses one year & then tell you it's about consistency the next.

I also won't insult this team & say they don't want to win, or that they have no "fire" when they get beat from time to time like every other team.

Agreed

Lets see how the rest of the season plays out. It's impossible to fully get behind team schitzophrenia.

But if they dont make the playoffs it's time for the pink soap.

Ckw
10-18-2010, 12:05 PM

I think you guys misunderstand the "Fire Kubiak Club." Sure, it is about wins and losses. But it is also about HOW you play the game and get those wins. Last year even though we had our first winning record in franchise history, we did not play the game how we needed to play the game, and that is why we did not make the playoffs.

Also, as another poster said, the wins and losses argument is incomplete. We haven't even completed the season. Some of us invision what the future will be like if we continue to play the way we have been playing in the past and present. It is not a pretty sight.

Finally, at the end of the day, the "Fire Kubiak Club" cares about one thing: playoffs. Some have used the term results but our interpretation of results needs to be clarified. We don't care about 4-2. Sure it is nice, but 4-2 could EASILY, with this schedule, turn into 6-10. We want playoffs, and we want to be shown a sign that this team can compete in the playoffs. If we get blown out by every big time team we face, sure we got to the playoffs but still can't compete in the playoffs. That is what we are after.

awtysst
10-18-2010, 12:07 PM
I've seen coaches get fired even after taking their teams to the play-offs.

I'm not saying Kubiak should be fired (yet), but I do not think that he has done a great job this season...despite his W/L record...

See, it works both ways....

A coach can be doing a better job than his record indicates, or he can be doing a worse job than his record indicates...

I'd actually like to Kubiak, just present a team that comes out and plays good football from all aspects in one of the wins we've had...Or hell...even one of the losses...Doesn't matter...

"How" this team has been playing is poorly for the most part. I'm very happy we got the win today,but c'mon...You'd really have to be sticking your head in the sand to ignore the many shortcomings we have...especially defensively...

I actually think the offense is fine, but I doubt we are going to be able to win shootouts every week...

Can you give examples? It would be interesting to see how the team fared in subsequent years.

JB
10-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Can you give examples? It would be interesting to see how the team fared in subsequent years.

Marty S. comes to mind. He got fired after the Chargers went 14-2 and to the AFC championship game iirc.

Bum Phillips was also fired after going to the wild card game.

Double Barrel
10-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Dom had five seasons here is only fair Gary has the same amount of time. Injuries or not the good teams find ways to overcome those.

Capers was here for four seasons. 4-12, 5-11, 7-9, 2-14.

This is Kubiak's fifth season as HC.

I said it before the season started and I'm sticking to it: I reserve judgment on Kubiak until the season is over.

While I certainly understand the frustration in this thread about the inconsistent football that we are witnessing, I'm not going to lie, 4-2 feels great!!!

The Texans snatched victory from the jaws of defeat yesterday, and like most every other Texans fan, I thought we were going to lose for 59 minutes and 32 seconds. But man, you've got to give credit where it's due, and both the players and coaches showed us something that this franchise is not known for: resilience.

Who knows what the future holds, but I do know that we - as fans - should sit back, take a breather on the bye-week, and just enjoy 4-2 right now. :texflag:

Second Honeymoon
10-18-2010, 12:38 PM
4-2 is nice. Unchartered waters and porous defense or not, it feels good

BigBull17
10-18-2010, 12:42 PM
4-2 is nice. Unchartered waters and porous defense or not, it feels good

This. It is amazing that people have said for years that all they want to do is win, no more excuses. Now they win, and people want flawless games. It's a w, 4-2 at the bye. 3-0 vs AFC, 1-0vs AFC South, can't complain too much. We have a glaring hole, but thats what the bye is for.

Goldensilence
10-18-2010, 01:55 PM
This. It is amazing that people have said for years that all they want to do is win, no more excuses. Now they win, and people want flawless games. It's a w, 4-2 at the bye. 3-0 vs AFC, 1-0vs AFC South, can't complain too much. We have a glaring hole, but thats what the bye is for.

Truth is I think everyone is happy about being 4-2 going into the bye.

I think what everyone is more critical about is what's ahead.

The best example I can give is student on spring semester. Sure they have an 80 or 81 despite not showing up for classes several times, have turned in assignments late or just by the hair of their skin, getting by with some luck and intelligence. They've got spring break ahead and they can use that time wisely to fix some of their problems or not use it wisely. Midterms are looming as well aas the most difficult part of the semester. They obviously aren't going to pass if they keep doing what they are doing.

Let's hope the team uses this bye week well and gets some help moving forward. If not the doom and gloom predictions mitt not be too far fetched.

SheTexan
10-18-2010, 02:00 PM
What reallly eerks me is that DALLASS is 1-4 with you know who being their one and only win!! That's like rubbing salt in a wound!!! I know, has nothing to do with the Kubiak saga, just had to say it anyway. :strangle:

ChampionTexan
10-18-2010, 02:29 PM

After the '86 season, John Mackovic was fired by the Chiefs after taking them to the playoffs for the first time in 15 years. It was Mackovic's 4th year, and they made the playoffs with a 10-6 record, primarily on the back of some pretty incredible special teams play. In the three previous seasons, Mackovic's records were 6-10, 8-8, 6-10. After the season, a number of the players (led by Nick Lowery their place kicker) went to Lamar Hunt and demanded that Mackovic be fired and replaced by Frank Gansz - the special teams coach/Asst. HC. Hunt agreed and did it.

Gansz coached two years for the Chiefs, and compiled an 8-22-1 record. The Chiefs then hired Marty Schotteheimer who took them to the playoffs in 7 of the ten years he was there - starting with his second year in 1990.

HTown2ATX
10-18-2010, 02:30 PM
He might mean "diversity." The myriad of ways the Texans get their
asses whooped at Reliant has been quite "diverse."

We're all about some Equal Opportunity here man!

:tiphat:

TexCanada
10-18-2010, 02:34 PM
The part I find frustrating about Kubiak and these Texans is that they constantly make me eat my words! Every time I feel confident they seem to struggle, and every time I get close to giving up on a game they seem to pull it together.

Showtime100
10-18-2010, 02:52 PM

Marty S. comes to mind. He got fired after the Chargers went 14-2 and to the AFC championship game iirc.

Bum Phillips was also fired after going to the wild card game.

Cha-ching, JB. If memory serves the Chargers went back to the playoffs a couple of times right after that under Norv T. though with a less glamorous record. I know Houston went down the crapper after Phillips thanks in part to Ed "I'm too wimpy to make Dave Casper get a haircut" Biles.

PockyAF
10-19-2010, 09:35 AM
From LZ's blog:

I think the scheme isn't terrific. One person I speak with who works for a team the Texans play told me that they were very easy to figure out on defense and that "nobody in the secondary worries you at all".

This is the coordinator that Kubiak is content with leading the defense. The secondary are a group of backs that Kubiak is content with having them on the field.

He's digging himself a grave for a funeral that no one is going to.

HTown2ATX
10-19-2010, 09:39 AM
From LZ's blog:

"I think the scheme isn't terrific. One person I speak with who works for a team the Texans play told me that they were very easy to figure out on defense and that "nobody in the secondary worries you at all". "

This is the coordinator that Kubiak is content with leading the defense. The secondary are a group of backs that Kubiak is content with having them on the field.

Don't worry, per Kubes yesterday on trade deadline and addressing the secondary, we'll solve it "in house".

:wadepalm:

thunderkyss
10-19-2010, 09:40 AM

Then let it be. There will be several people ecstatic that Kubiak is gone.

But we're 4-2 & the defense played it's role in 4 of those wins, just like they did in the two losses.

We shut the Redskins down (more or less) in the second half. Got our offense the ball back in overtime.

We stopped Kansas City on their last two possessions to seal the comeback victory.

And against Dallas & NYGiants, I don't know how many times we put the ball in the offenses hands to see them go 3 & out.

Texan_Bill
10-19-2010, 09:54 AM
I'd just like to know why you've done such a good job keeping up with this thread but have failed to answer my questions both times I have asked them.

Sure, get drunk celebrating the win. Party hard. Enjoy it. Am I happy we won? Hell yes. But am I happy the WAY we have been winning? Hell no. We have had ONE big time win. Kubiak has been consistently outcoached. Our defense has been abysmal. Our recent draft picks, Cushing off roids may eventually need to be included, have been failures up to this point (please note I am not saying they will NEVER be good or even great players).

I just have to know, do you think Kubiak is the answer? Forget all the posts by the people you refer to as "jokes." Just answer the ****ing question if you are going to bash everyone on here for expressing a viewpoint that is different than yours. Do you think Kubiak can or will be the guy to take us to the promised land? Do you think our defense has played up to par under Kubiak in his ENTIRE time coaching here? Have we really played the way you would like?

If the answer to all of those questions is yes, then continue your bashing. We are all Texans fans, and we all want what is best for this franchise. Some of us are just tired of believing this team has "turned the corner", but then continue to be let down by the teams poor play.

Just remember dude, we are all rooting for the same franchise. We are all happy that we are sitting at 4-2. We all want the best for this team. Some of us just see things that bother us, see big mistakes that bother us, and see an inconsistent team that can't seem to play two good halves and believe heads need to roll because of it.

That's my point, right there in bold!!! Some people aren't happy unless they're miserable. The defense sucks!! Gary Kubiak sucks!! Andre Johnson, well nevermind there!!! The cheerleaders suck and not in the good way. It matters not!! Because a win is a win is a win... Unless you're Texan fan, then it's a win is a whine is a whine!!!

What? I don't know our defense sucks? I've been preaching defense since the days of Sharper, Glenn, Coleman, Payne and Gary Walker!!! I can admit that.

Some people ***** to hear themselves ***** or at least wanna make themselves out to be some self-professed genius. These are the same people that tell you stats are for losers, but when those stats are negative, they are the first ones to bring it up..

The only stats that matter are:
4-2
#1 in the AFC South.

Thank G*D I'm going to Ren Fest this weekend!! I need a weekend away from the geniuses :rolleyes: around here.

HOU-TEX
10-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Don't worry, per Kubes yesterday on trade deadline and addressing the secondary, we'll solve it "in house".

Ex-Boilermaker Rick Smith is our answer

BigBull17
10-19-2010, 10:17 AM

:wadepalm:

He said he would look at making a trade, but wanted to also find a solution in house since trades don't happen very often.

infantrycak
10-19-2010, 01:21 PM
Some people ***** to hear themselves ***** or at least wanna make themselves out to be some self-professed genius. These are the same people that tell you stats are for losers, but when those stats are negative, they are the first ones to bring it up..

4-2
#1 in the AFC South.

This is the frustrating hypocrisy. Of course analyzing the team is the main purpose of this MB but many of the naysayers last year called any attempt to analyze and see improvement drinking koolaid, being a homer, making excuses because all that mattered was the record. Now the record doesn't count.

HTown2ATX
10-19-2010, 01:39 PM
This is the frustrating hypocrisy. Of course analyzing the team is the main purpose of this MB but many of the naysayers last year called any attempt to analyze and see improvement drinking koolaid, being a homer, making excuses because all that mattered was the record. Now the record doesn't count.

Chris Carter says; C'MON MAN!

Of course the record counts. But this defense is horrible. Last year I could see the improvements even in the FAIL games. So why can't some see the FAIL even in some of these wins.

I am thrilled the Texans are 4-2, leading the division, curing cancer, kissing babies and all that jazz. Seriously, thrilled! It has been so long since I have been this pumped about the team, BUT, that is tempered by the reality of this horrible, briquette defense. Schedule says that we are in for some losses asap if that D is not turned around.

infantrycak
10-19-2010, 01:49 PM
Of course the record counts. But this defense is horrible. Last year I could see the improvements even in the FAIL games. So why can't some see the FAIL even in some of these wins.

I don't see people claiming the D is just hunky dory.

thunderkyss
10-19-2010, 01:52 PM
Chris Carter says; C'MON MAN!

First, we gotta stop giving Chris Carter credit for "C'mon Man!!" That's Keyshawn's thing.

Second, we all see what's going on on defense. We all know we don't stand a chance going forward without some major improvements to play on the defensive side of the ball. We just believe that Kubiak sees the issues as well, and is doing everything he can to get it fixed. Others don't believe he is capable of getting it fixed, & are already calling for someone to get fired, even though we are 4-2.

I am thrilled the Texans are 4-2, leading the division, curing cancer, kissing babies and all that jazz. Seriously, thrilled! It has been so long since I have been this pumped about the team, BUT, that is tempered by the reality of this horrible, briquette defense. Schedule says that we are in for some losses asap if that D is not turned around.

When we temper it with reality, I think it is important to understand we don't know what's going to happen next Sunday, much less 10 Sunday's from now. To say we can't beat the Jets is absurd. They ran across issues same as we did last year, if it weren't for the help of Curtis Painter & several injured Bengals, their season would have turned out a lot different.

Same with Baltimore, They're looking good right now, pretty strong. But they found a way to lose 7 games last year, same as us. We know what our problems are, we're going through them right now. What are Baltimore's issues? If they haven't gone through them yet, they will. Every team does.

& we (at least I do) have no doubt we'll be playing good football on both sides of the ball soon.

So to temper reality..... the team you saw the last six weeks won't be the team playing in Indy Monday night. I can guarantee you that. Will that team be better or worse than this team, I don't know. But I tend to believe it will be better.

Kaiser Toro
10-19-2010, 01:52 PM

I do. Not to mention names, but the member's name rhymes with schmunderkyss.

infantrycak
10-19-2010, 01:59 PM

What I thought he said was as bad as they have been they have made some key stops letting us get to 4-2 and he expects them to get better. But anywhoo...

HTown2ATX
10-19-2010, 02:00 PM
First, we gotta stop giving Chris Carter credit for "C'mon Man!!" That's Keyshawn's thing.

Actually, the originator of that was Joey Porter in the locker room post game one time. Remember, that was the game where he legally nailed Peyton Manning (or Tom Brady, one of the two but I think Manning) and he got flagged for it. After the game he was on a rant about that call and busted out with the first C'MON MAN.

I like CC's version of it better than Key but I digress.

Infantry - I know no one is saying that the D is great the way it is. But some sure are spinning as hard as possible that it's not THAT bad when it in fact is beyond THAT bad.

There is nothing to spin with this D and the skin of the Texans teeth only wins so many games throughout a year. That's all I'm saying.

gary
10-19-2010, 02:03 PM
Smith and Kubiak also bother me by not pulling the trigger on many trades I am not a cool aid drinker.

Wolf6151
10-19-2010, 02:06 PM
It seems with the trade deadline pending, no rumors on the horizon, a second half of the season schedule that's just brutal, and Kubiak continually stating that we're going to play with the guys we've got that he is intent and content on going down with the ship. More power to him, he can't be gone fast enough for me. Let's hope that McNair has learned enough to find a good head coach next time.

HOU-TEX
10-19-2010, 02:06 PM

Is that similar to fumundakyss?

infantrycak
10-19-2010, 02:12 PM
There is nothing to spin with this D and the skin of the Texans teeth only wins so many games throughout a year. That's all I'm saying.

Sure. Odd but the 3 worst D's in the league right now have a combined record of 11-6 and the lowest that loss number could be was 3 since there have been three games against each other.

Goatcheese
10-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Look on the bright side... if Kubes rides the Flaming Peteys to another January at home atleast he left a lot of talented TEs for Bill Cowher to work with.

HTown2ATX
10-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Sure. Odd but the 3 worst D's in the league right now have a combined record of 11-6 and the lowest that loss number could be was 3 since there have been three games against each other.

And the Chiefs started at 3-0. The Bucs went into Cincy and got the W and SF who should have been by default the division winner with all that garbage out there are 1-5 with St Louis near the top of the division...

Sometimes the NFL is crazy, hardly what I would bet on a consistent basis though.

infantrycak
10-19-2010, 02:26 PM
Sometimes the NFL is crazy, hardly what I would bet on a consistent basis though.

Certainly nothing to base predictions on. But the NFL is crazy that way. I bet .0000001% of people would have given the Texans a snowball's chance if you told folks Peyton was going to hang 500 yds passing on them.

gtexan02
10-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Stat of the week:

The SD Chargers have the #1 ranked defense AND the #1 ranked offense and are 2-4.

Our defense is good enough to win games at this point. We're 4-2. They may be awful, but record is what it is.

bckey
10-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Now the record doesn't count.

Every Texans fans is extremely happy that they are 4-2. Some of us are looking at this defense (On track to be possibly the worst ever in NFL history against the pass) and then looking at the remaining games on the schedule and we see big trouble. The Titans and Colts have the same record as the Texans as well. The Texans have never had a winning record in their own division under Kubiak. I don't see how they can pull 6 wins out of the remaining 10 games which is what they will likely need to make the playoffs. I'm sorry if that sounds negative but this defense is that bad unless you are watching through TK's glasses.

It will take a good move before the trade deadline today or a miracle street free agent pickup to save this season. Kubiak's kids just aren't getting it done on defense.

Texan_Bill
10-19-2010, 02:32 PM
Look on the bright side... if Kubes rides the Flaming Peteys to another January at home atleast he left a lot of talented TEs for Bill Cowher to work with.

I guarantee you the Texans will play in January!! :cowboy1:

HTown2ATX
10-19-2010, 02:32 PM
I bet .0000001% of people would have given the Texans a snowball's chance if you told folks Peyton was going to hang 500 yds passing on them.

Absolutely. But if you were the coach, how many times would you play with fire like that?

Not many I'd guess. But instead of making changes it seems we are going to just stand pat and spin the situation. Now we could come out and have some changes made we were unaware were being done right now or the D could somehow magically turn around by itself......but we are already 6 games deep and I don't see that happening.

thunderkyss
10-19-2010, 02:52 PM
It seems with the trade deadline pending, no rumors on the horizon, a second half of the season schedule that's just brutal, and Kubiak continually stating that we're going to play with the guys we've got that he is intent and content on going down with the ship. More power to him, he can't be gone fast enough for me. Let's hope that McNair has learned enough to find a good head coach next time.

If I were a head coach, I would be begging my GM to be working his butt off to get someone in here who can help.

However, when asked by the media, I'm going to say, "We believe the guys on our 53 can get it done. It's my job to make sure that happens."

I don't want the guys on the 53 to be looking over their shoulder, until Asomugha walks into the locker room.

I think it's pretty evident what they need to be concerned with.

thunderkyss
10-19-2010, 02:56 PM
Stat of the week:

The SD Chargers have the #1 ranked defense AND the #1 ranked offense and are 2-4.

Our defense is good enough to win games at this point. We're 4-2. They may be awful, but record is what it is.

That's a major point I've been trying to stress. We've played good D before, we've played good offense (most of the time) but we found ways to lose.

The 53 guys we've been putting on the field..... regardless who they were, have found a way to win games. & it hasn't been the offense saving the defenses butt, or the defense saving the offenses butt..... it's been team wins.

How can we be upset with that?

Oh yeah, throw the Cowboys up there with the #3 offense, & the #4 defense, & the 1-5 record looking up at the NFC East.

gary
10-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Capers was here for four seasons. 4-12, 5-11, 7-9, 2-14.

This is Kubiak's fifth season as HC.

I said it before the season started and I'm sticking to it: I reserve judgment on Kubiak until the season is over.

While I certainly understand the frustration in this thread about the inconsistent football that we are witnessing, I'm not going to lie, 4-2 feels great!!!

The Texans snatched victory from the jaws of defeat yesterday, and like most every other Texans fan, I thought we were going to lose for 59 minutes and 32 seconds. But man, you've got to give credit where it's due, and both the players and coaches showed us something that this franchise is not known for: resilience.

Who knows what the future holds, but I do know that we - as fans - should sit back, take a breather on the bye-week, and just enjoy 4-2 right now. :texflag:The Cheifs lost the game with a comeback by the Texans but if the D continues to stink then after the bye things will get ugly.

Ckw
10-19-2010, 03:03 PM
That's my point, right there in bold!!! Some people aren't happy unless they're miserable. The defense sucks!! Gary Kubiak sucks!! Andre Johnson, well nevermind there!!! The cheerleaders suck and not in the good way. It matters not!! Because a win is a win is a win... Unless you're Texan fan, then it's a win is a whine is a whine!!!

What? I don't know our defense sucks? I've been preaching defense since the days of Sharper, Glenn, Coleman, Payne and Gary Walker!!! I can admit that.

4-2
#1 in the AFC South.

Thank G*D I'm going to Ren Fest this weekend!! I need a weekend away from the geniuses :rolleyes: around here.

Geez, no one, at least that I have read, is saying the record doesn't count. But guess what guys? The season doesn't end after 6 games. 4-2 is great! I am thrilled!

But if all of you recognize that the D looks like shit, then how can you be overly optimistic about the next 10 games? This defense is the worst defense in the entire league. We can't reasonably expect our offense to continue getting lucky and making huge plays at the end of games to keep us winning. It simply isn't realistic.

But go on. Continue celebrating the fact that we are 4-2. I am happy too. I'm also a realist and recognize we can't continue doing the things that we have been doing. We can't continue giving up 410.5 yards per game, 306.2 passing, and 27.8 points per game. The teams we are surrounded by (Detroit, Oakland, Arizona, Buffalo, Jacksonville, and Denver) are a combined 11-23. Good company.

:choke:

Ckw
10-19-2010, 03:07 PM

Worst D's by what standard? Points allowed seems like the measuring stick and by my math, not including us, the worst defensive teams in the league are a combined 11-23. Nice spin though.

thunderkyss
10-19-2010, 03:13 PM
I'm sorry if that sounds negative but this defense is that bad unless you are watching through TK's glasses.

It will take a good move before the trade deadline today or a miracle street free agent pickup to save this season. Kubiak's kids just aren't getting it done on defense.

I've made the argument several times, that if our offense gets us a lead early in games, that will allow our defense to fly after the ball carrier, and put some serious stops on our opponents. So far this season, we haven't given up more than 3 points when the offense held the ball more than 4 minutes.

Using game data that is available all over the place, shoot holes in that theory.

I don't understand why the game day thread of the NYGiants game go on & on about great hits our D got on Eli, talk about Antonio (or whoever) chasing Manning out of the pocket, but when the final whistle blows, and the final score is 34-10... everyone starts believing we couldn't pressure Manning at all. They forget that we opened the second half forcing the Giants to go three & out on their first possession, forced an INT on the second possession, & forced an INT on the third possession putting our offense on the 17 yard line which led to the only touchdown they scored on 13 possessions.

On the Giants first offensive possession, they totaled a negative 3 yards of offense.

I'm not talking about good defensive possessions, I'm talking about outstanding defensive possessions.

Looks more like a consistency issue, than a talent issue. That's all I'm saying.

thunderkyss
10-19-2010, 03:16 PM
The Cheifs lost the game with a comeback by the Texans but if the D continues to stink then after the bye things will get ugly.

How many times have people said that about the Colts?

They beat the Texans with an ugly 4th Qtr miracle. If that defense keeps playing like that, they won't make it to the post season.

infantrycak
10-19-2010, 03:18 PM
Worst D's by what standard? Points allowed seems like the measuring stick and by my math, not including us, the worst defensive teams in the league are a combined 11-23. Nice spin though.

The common measuring stick used by every commentator around for O's, D's, QB's, RB's, etc. is yards and that's what I used. You might notice it is the default sorting criteria on the stat sites. But I guess Schaub wasn't really the "leading passer" last year because he didn't have the most passing TD's and CJ wasn't the "leading rusher" because he didn't have the most rushing TD's. You want to add in the scoring comparison fine but using the most common standard isn't spin.

DexmanC
10-19-2010, 03:25 PM
How many times have people said that about the Colts?

They beat the Texans with an ugly 4th Qtr miracle. If that defense keeps playing like that, they won't make it to the post season.

The Texans have never demonstrated the ability to win consistently for
even a SINGLE SEASON, the Colts are the model for "consistency in winning."
Skins on the wall back a lot of critics off. The
Texans need to pretend everybody's from Missouri and "SHOW ME"
something.

Ckw
10-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Stick your spin where it don't shine. The common measuring stick used by every commentator around for O's, D's, QB's, RB's, etc. is yards and that's what I used. You might notice it is the default sorting criteria on the stat sites. But I guess Schaub wasn't really the "leading passer" last year because he didn't have the most passing TD's and CJ wasn't the "leading rusher" because he didn't have the most rushing TD's.

Touchdowns, especially on a team basis, is what counts IMO. But I'll bite. Let's take a larger sample size and look at the ten worst teams in yards allowed per game. Their combined record: 25-30. Take the Texans out of that list and add in the next worst defense by your standards (the Raiders), and they are a combined 23-32. Take that and stick it "where it don't shine."

HTown2ATX
10-19-2010, 03:34 PM
Lol. I just had a funny thought in my head.

Defending this Defense is like that Iraq information minister who kept swearing up and down that the US was not in Iraq. LMAO.

I can almost hear him now in the report of the game as play by play while a DB gets smoked "there are NO WR's in the secondary!!"

(FYI...this was not an insult at anyone...just something funny that popped into my head.)

gary
10-19-2010, 03:36 PM
something.Exactly.

Double Barrel
10-19-2010, 03:37 PM
I guarantee you the Texans will play in January!! :cowboy1:

I'll top you on that prediction by guaranteeing that the Texans will play the Jaguars in January!
:thinking: I see what you did there...

The Cheifs lost the game with a comeback by the Texans but if the D continues to stink then after the bye things will get ugly.

The team is 4-2 with that defense, so your prediction is pessimistic, at best.

I think Texans fans are sailing unchartered waters with a 4-2 record and are not sure what to do with themselves. I'll admit that it's shaky ground, but I'm going to enjoy it while we've got it. The future will be here soon enough, and our record will be somewhere between 14-2 and 4-12. :D

Ckw
10-19-2010, 03:40 PM

I think Texans fans are sailing unchartered waters with a 4-2 record and are not sure what to do with themselves. I'll admit that it's shaky ground, but I'm going to enjoy it while we've got it. The future will be here soon enough, and our record will be somewhere between 14-2 and 4-12. :D

Good outlook DB. I will do my best to join you in this frame of mind.

texansdrummer
10-19-2010, 03:44 PM
Every Texans fans is extremely happy that they are 4-2. Some of us are looking at this defense (On track to be possibly the worst ever in NFL history against the pass) and then looking at the remaining games on the schedule and we see big trouble. The Titans and Colts have the same record as the Texans as well. The Texans have never had a winning record in their own division under Kubiak. I don't see how they can pull 6 wins out of the remaining 10 games which is what they will likely need to make the playoffs. I'm sorry if that sounds negative but this defense is that bad unless you are watching through TK's glasses.

Given that we went without Cush for four games, Andre for a game, and Duane Brown for a few, could you have seen how we could be 4-2 including a win vs. Indy right now?

Incidentally, I don't recall seeing TK purporting that the defense has been anything BUT bad (Aside from some select moments). No idea where you're pulling that from - please, do tell/show.

steelbtexan
10-19-2010, 03:54 PM
I'll top you on that prediction by guaranteeing that the Texans will play the Jaguars in January!
:thinking: I see what you did there...

I'm on board with this.

I'm enjoying the moment.

Hoping for improvement on both sides of the ball coming out of the break.

steelbtexan
10-19-2010, 03:56 PM
Given that we went without Cush for four games, Andre for a game, and Duane Brown for a few, could you have seen how we could be 4-2 including a win vs. Indy right now?

Incidentally, I don't recall seeing TK purporting that the defense has been anything BUT bad (Aside from some select moments). No idea where you're pulling that from - please, do tell/show.

A bit of devine intervention has helped the Texans reach a 4-2 record.

Heres hoping that it continues.

texansdrummer
10-19-2010, 03:57 PM
The accusatory "celebrating that we're 4-2" diatribe on here is ridiculous. I have yet to see a post where anyone is "celebrating" 4-2 or making predictions of a SB.

I guess if you're pleased that we are 4-2, it counts as "celebrating"?

Some of you need to get out more often........

Double Barrel
10-19-2010, 04:04 PM

Only because you asked, here is one where TK says the "problem is on offense":

Agreed.

People want to get on me for saying that our problem is the offense, not the defense. They are ok with the "easy" answer, the answer the stats point to.

IMHO, you have to look at who our head coach is, and how our team is built.

Kubiak came from Denver & San Francisco. Their defenses only looked good (great??) because of the offense. Get ahead early on the score board, shut down the run, get after the QB. That's the way it was done. If we can get out early on offense, our small quick defensive line will get you a 3 & out. They've done it this year several times, giving the offense the ball, giving us an opportunity to get on the board, tie the game, or take the lead.

You don't go down by 24 points, (or whatever we spotted Washington) then come back to tie, then take the lead, unless the defense gets a few stops in there somewhere.

We've got a DL with 4 quarter horses.... no thoroughbreds. We aren't built to spend 40+ minutes on the field on defense. I know, you're saying if they get their 3 & outs, they won't be on the field...... check the play by play, go watch the games again.... it's ridiculous how many opportunities our offense had to put points on the board, yet they couldn't get a first down.

Kubiak is playing it up, letting the media jump all over his defense, allowing the offense to figure it out, without a lot of outside pressure. The defense is taking one for the team.

But our problem is on offense.

Show me a game where Schaub & the O click coming out of the gate, & I swear you will see a dominating defensive performance.

Understand the Colts game was game 1 without Cushing & with a rookie CB..... but any game after week 3, if our O would have showed up early, we would have seen a show.

It's an interesting take, TK, and I'm certainly not trying to call you out. Even though I disagree with your overall premise (I think the defense is horrible), I respect your thoughts and the time you put into presenting them to us. :thumbup

Good outlook DB. I will do my best to join you in this frame of mind.

I'm on board with this.

I'm enjoying the moment.

Hoping for improvement on both sides of the ball coming out of the break.

Thanks, y'all, just trying to talk everyone off the ledge for the moment. We've got plenty of season left to start looking down at the street below, so I figure just appreciate and enjoy this historical 4-2 point...and hope with all of our hearts that this is not the highlight of our season! :winky: (Because if it is, then we need to take advantage and enjoy it fully! lol!)

I think we need to realize that we won't be dominating many (or any) teams over the next 10 games, but by the same token, these are Kubiak's Cardiac Kids, so don't turn the game off until 0:00 is on the clock. It's just that kind of year.

texansdrummer
10-19-2010, 04:18 PM
Only because you asked, here is one where TK says the "problem is on offense":

Fair enough - He says there are problems on offense. There are. Otherwise, it's arguably very speculative in that we haven't exactly dominated early on offense. It's an interesting take - I'm sure the overwhelming majority of us blame the defense and see FAR more problems there. Still don't really get that he's making the claim that the defense is playing "good" per se, more that they might play well if the offense produced more out of the gate.

thunderkyss
10-19-2010, 04:23 PM
something.

Exactly.

Not really. My point, is that they don't say that about the Colts, because their offense shows up every game. They aren't relying on their defense to win any games.

They could be in the bottom quartile of the league in the run game for the last 6 years, but it isn't a big concern, because they have that offense.

The game against Miami is one that comes to mind. Miami ran that wildcat all up & down the Colts, controlled the ball for 45+ minutes.

But that offense was able to score enough points for the win regardless.

Scroll to the bottom of this link (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009092100/2009/REG2/colts@dolphins#tab:analyze) Indy had to score 27 points in 14:53

They had to score more than 23 points in 5 games last year (http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule?team=IND&season=2009&seasonType=REG). But no one is crying about their defense.

thunderkyss
10-19-2010, 04:30 PM
Touchdowns, especially on a team basis, is what counts IMO. But I'll bite. Let's take a larger sample size and look at the ten worst teams in yards allowed per game. Their combined record: 25-30. Take the Texans out of that list and add in the next worst defense by your standards (the Raiders), and they are a combined 23-32. Take that and stick it "where it don't shine."

So how does that counter the argument that the Patriots & Skins are winning right now?

The three worst defenses in the league right now, are
30: New England
31: Houston
32: Washington

I think infantrycak's point is still valid... unless you think we have more in common with Buffalo, Cleveland, Detroit, & Oakland...... I'd like to see that argument.

spurstexanstros
10-19-2010, 04:35 PM
as bad as our d has been playing it just comes down to one play or should I say 1 down. Third down is the key for this team. I bet when the Texans stop a team on third down their winning pct is pretty good. Yds and the big play dont concern me too much it is making stops on third down tha I believe are the key to this teams success. For example when the team went on win streak last year I believe they led the league in that category last year. They still gave up alot of yards but they got the ball back in the hands of the high powerd offense and that is how this team wins games.

DexmanC
10-19-2010, 04:38 PM
Not really. My point, is that they don't say that about the Colts, because their offense shows up every game. They aren't relying on their defense to win any games.

They could be in the bottom quartile of the league in the run game for the last 6 years, but it isn't a big concern, because they have that offense.

The game against Miami is one that comes to mind. Miami ran that wildcat all up & down the Colts, controlled the ball for 45+ minutes.

But that offense was able to score enough points for the win regardless.

Scroll to the bottom of this link (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009092100/2009/REG2/colts@dolphins#tab:analyze) Indy had to score 27 points in 14:53

They had to score more than 23 points in 5 games last year (http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule?team=IND&season=2009&seasonType=REG). But no one is crying about their defense.

No one takes a microsope to the Colts, because they win 10-12 games
a year. Going in-depth to highlight their weaknesses is "nit-picking."
You finish with 10-12 wins every dang year, people will give you the
benefit of the doubt when you lose.

The Texans lose as much as they win, and have for the last three
seasons. Thus, people will break this team down to a microscopic level
to determine WHY the Texans can't seem to reach the "10-12 win-per-year" club.

The Colts are the Colts. The Texans are the Texans.
The Texans have YET to prove they belong on the same FIELD as the Colts.
MNF is a huge game. The Texans must win this division, before they win
new believers. MNF will go a long way to show "where this team's 'hoyt' is at!"

HTown2ATX
10-19-2010, 04:39 PM
The three worst defenses in the league right now, are
30: New England
31: Houston
32: Washington

All that proves is that all 3 teams are in the same boat and better change some things.

Division by division.

New England - Miami and NYJ are right there and have much better defense. Think New England comes out 1st or 2nd in that if they don't change things?

Washington - Really think they are gonna keep winning and are not a fluke?? I mean like for real, for real? Not to even mention division with Eagles and Giants.

Houston - We all know our division and we all saw bumblescum mountain whoop JAX last night. So, no need to break down the obvious.

Livid13
10-19-2010, 04:40 PM
The accusatory "celebrating that we're 4-2" diatribe on here is ridiculous. I have yet to see a post where anyone is "celebrating" 4-2 or making predictions of a SB.

I guess if you're pleased that we are 4-2, it counts as "celebrating"?

Some of you need to get out more often........

You're right, there's absolutely NO need to celebrate being atop the division. BTW, I get out quite often.

thunderkyss
10-19-2010, 04:44 PM
It's an interesting take, TK, and I'm certainly not trying to call you out. Even though I disagree with your overall premise (I think the defense is horrible), I respect your thoughts and the time you put into presenting them to us. :thumbup

No worries. Gives us something to talk about.

But, even in that post, I'm saying our best defense is our offense. Our D is suspect for all the reasons mentioned already. We have work to do on our D...... eventually we should be able to expect them to win a few games for us.

I'm just saying they have never been that for us. Not even last year, when their stats were crazy over the last 13 games. The offense did it's thing, which allowed our guys to go 100% in short bursts...

thunderkyss
10-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Fair enough - He says there are problems on offense. There are. Otherwise, it's arguably very speculative in that we haven't exactly dominated early on offense. It's an interesting take - I'm sure the overwhelming majority of us blame the defense and see FAR more problems there. Still don't really get that he's making the claim that the defense is playing "good" per se, more that they might play well if the offense produced more out of the gate.

I'm saying the numbers (stats) wouldn't look so bad if the offense did it's part.

thunderkyss
10-19-2010, 04:50 PM
The Colts are the Colts. The Texans are the Texans.
The Texans have YET to prove they belong on the same FIELD as the Colts.
MNF is a huge game. The Texans must win this division, before they win
new believers. MNF will go a long way to show "where this team's 'hoyt' is at!"

You may be the only person on this board who believes the Texans don't belong on the field with the Colts.

& I don't care about them other motherhuggers.

You keep turning my point around, I'm not arguing that the Texans are the Colts.

I'm not arguing that Monday's game is not huge. I'm not arguing don't need to win the division, or need new believers.

Ryan
10-19-2010, 04:52 PM
Well Kubiak isn't eager to improve the team by making any moves at the deadline, this could make or break his job.

thunderkyss
10-19-2010, 04:55 PM
All that proves is that all 3 teams are in the same boat and better change some things.

Division by division.

New England - Miami and NYJ are right there and have much better defense. Think New England comes out 1st or 2nd in that if they don't change things?

Washington - Really think they are gonna keep winning and are not a fluke?? I mean like for real, for real? Not to even mention division with Eagles and Giants.

Houston - We all know our division and we all saw bumblescum mountain whoop JAX last night. So, no need to break down the obvious.

Tennessee, Houston & Jacksonville have had better defenses than the Colts for some time now. Hasn't really changed who sits on top of the division very often (only once really). Contrary to popular belief, the division is decided by the 10 games played outside the division more than the 6 division games. You could lose all six & still potentially win the division.

I remember one year the Cowboys were 6-0 in the division, but were the Wildcard & Washington (3-3 in the division I think) was the division champ.

Double Barrel
10-19-2010, 05:12 PM
No worries. Gives us something to talk about.

But, even in that post, I'm saying our best defense is our offense. Our D is suspect for all the reasons mentioned already. We have work to do on our D...... eventually we should be able to expect them to win a few games for us.

I'm just saying they have never been that for us. Not even last year, when their stats were crazy over the last 13 games. The offense did it's thing, which allowed our guys to go 100% in short bursts...

You have a good point, and like you said, something to talk about and it certainly makes me think from different perspectives. That's a good thing.

Jen mentioned in her thread about scripting plays. Do you think this contributes to the offense's slow start? As I understand the concept of scripting to be somewhat more reactive in that you're seeing what the defense has planned for, but does this limit the ability to adjust early in the game?

Three aspect of the WC offense that I've noticed are scripting plays to start the game, 80% or better for TDs in the red zone, and close games that come down to the end. This is exactly what we saw last week in the Chiefs game, and comes from the Bill Walsh tree of coaching.

thunderkyss
10-19-2010, 05:43 PM
Jen mentioned in her thread about scripting plays. Do you think this contributes to the offense's slow start? As I understand the concept of scripting to be somewhat more reactive in that you're seeing what the defense has planned for, but does this limit the ability to adjust early in the game?

The way I see scripting plays, is more about defining a game plan and sticking to it. Not allowing short term information to affect long term thinking.

It is flexible enough to adjust to the situation, but the script keeps you on schedule.

I think the slow starts have been about JJ droping balls... OD not being 100% & things like that. JJ getting more snaps than Anderson... actually running the ball.

I put a little of that on Matt & Knapp, 6 games into the season, you'd think they have a pre-game warm-up routine that works... a little on Kubiak/Dennison..... let's get a script that works for #8... & JJ , catch the damn ball...

DexmanC
10-19-2010, 07:32 PM
I think the slow starts have been about JJ droping balls... OD not being 100% & things like that. JJ getting more snaps than Anderson... actually running the ball.

What's with the DA love I hear so many people with? As a punt returner,
he's a disaster. In a situation where you need a touchdown or big play
to finish a drive, he's a disaster. JJ gets no credit at all when compared
to DA, and I don't get it.

HJam72
10-19-2010, 07:37 PM
DA is white. :stirpot:

JB
10-19-2010, 07:40 PM
DA is white. :stirpot:

That must be why the Texans suck... too many racists on the team & coaching staff.... :stirpot: :rolleyes:

thunderkyss
10-19-2010, 08:17 PM
What's with the DA love I hear so many people with? As a punt returner,
he's a disaster. In a situation where you need a touchdown or big play
to finish a drive, he's a disaster. JJ gets no credit at all when compared
to DA, and I don't get it.

I love JJ. I was arguing he should be our #2, but DA was another safety blanket for Schaub on third downs.

SheTexan
10-19-2010, 08:22 PM
That must be why the Texans suck... too many racists on the team & coaching staff.... :stirpot: :rolleyes:

Yea, start ANOTHER FIRE BUSH thread immediately!! Our d sucks because he is BLACK!!:sarcasm: Geeeeezzzz!! I have bronchitis, need a hot tottie and a good movie! Chat with all you "racist" later!!!:headhurts:

HJam72
10-19-2010, 08:30 PM
OMG, he's black! I never noticed.

HJam72
10-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Yea, start ANOTHER FIRE BUSH thread immediately!! Our d sucks because he is BLACK!!:sarcasm: Geeeeezzzz!! I have bronchitis, need a hot tottie and a good movie! Chat with all you "racist" later!!!:headhurts:

Meh, she must be black too. :stirpot:

Texan_Bill
10-19-2010, 08:31 PM
I think it's pretty evident what they need to be concerned with.

YUP!! The lines at the escalator are way too long. I'm getting older and older and walking up the ramps is starting to kick my butt! :pirate:

HJam72
10-19-2010, 08:32 PM
Know why I came to this thread? 'Cuz I heard in another thread that this is where everybody's fighting rampantly.

Problem is I don't know whether to say "Fire Kubiak!" or "Keep him" to piss people off. :)

JB
10-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Know why I came to this thread? 'Cuz I heard in another thread that this is where everybody's fighting rampantly.

Problem is I don't know whether to say "Fire Kubiak!" or "Keep him" to piss people off. :)

Either way you can piss off a lot of people. If you want to get everyone, just say
"Fire Kubiak" and "Promote Bush" and "Bring back Casserly". That ought to do it.

drs23
10-19-2010, 08:52 PM

I'm pretty sure if you go one way or the other, you've got your bases covered :tiphat:

HJam72
10-19-2010, 09:36 PM
Bring back Casserly! :stirpot:

The Pencil Neck
10-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Prior to the season, there were some guys who said that the W/L record was the only stat that mattered and Kubes should be fired because of his W/L record.

We're 4-2.

Now some of those same guys are saying that the W/L doesn't matter because of what our W/L record will be in the future because of how bad our defense is. Well, that's the future.

This team has shown that it's got the guts to keep fighting and scratching and clawing for 60 minutes until they pull out the win. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

But, come on, at least wait until we're out of the playoff picture before bringing this BS back up. We have to go 1-5 over the next 6 games to reach Dexman's dreaded 5-7. And we might just do that. We have to play some good teams. But don't try to be a fortune teller about it. Give the team a chance to decide for itself what its freaking record is goign to be.

thunderkyss
10-19-2010, 09:42 PM
But, come on, at least wait until we're out of the playoff picture before bringing this BS back up. We have to go 1-5 over the next 6 games to reach Dexman's dreaded 5-7. And we might just do that. We have to play some good teams. But don't try to be a fortune teller about it. Give the team a chance to decide for itself what its freaking record is goign to be.

You know, I don't even mind the fortune tellers. Their opinions are just as valid as mine.

But the way they want to treat the situation, as if Kubiak has already failed, as if this team has already missed the play-offs, as if we've already lost 7 games.

HJam72
10-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Casserly always favored D players. :)

Brisco_County
10-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Casserly always favored D players. :)

Like Reggie Bush?

Double Barrel
10-20-2010, 11:10 AM
Bring back Casserly! :stirpot:

He did help draft the only HoF player in Texans history... :thinking: hehe

DexmanC
10-20-2010, 12:42 PM
He did help draft the only HoF player in Texans history... :thinking: hehe

He was part of the '06 draft, which sent 3 players to the ProBowl (two named All Pro.)

Runner
10-20-2010, 04:21 PM
Prior to the season, there were some guys who said that the W/L record was the only stat that mattered and Kubes should be fired because of his W/L record...

There were just as many people who claimed that the won/loss record was a poor measure of a team. The "look and feel" evaluation of the game (by hometown fans, no less) was the most important indicator of a team's ranking in the NFL. Those people are also part of the 180 degree spin dance.

There is plenty of hypocrisy to go around.

Mr teX
10-20-2010, 04:44 PM
All i have to say is be careful what you wish for. For years aggie fans wanted slocum gone & they eventually got their wish. 2 head coaches later, It appears they still are in need of 1 & haven't been relevant on the college football scene for a minute.

I'm fine with either way Mcnair decides to go b/c on 1 hand, kubes has at least brought us to relevance, but on the other, he has had more than enough time to get us over the hump & hasn't been able to do it to date.

DexmanC
10-20-2010, 05:58 PM
All i have to say is be careful what you wish for. For years aggie fans wanted slocum gone & they eventually got their wish. 2 head coaches later, It appears they still are in need of 1 & haven't been relevant on the college football scene for a minute.

I'm fine with either way Mcnair decides to go b/c on 1 hand, kubes has at least brought us to relevance, but on the other, he has had more than enough time to get us over the hump & hasn't been able to do it to date.

Slocum finished 9-2 dang-near every year.

Kubiak has never had a two-loss season.

Nice try, but no comparison. Kubiak is "Wayne Fontes."
You gonna argue the Lions miss HIM?

stingray
10-20-2010, 06:03 PM

Hmmm...:thinking: He pretty much went .500 during his tenure. 8-8 or 2-14? I would probably say that they do.

drewmar74
10-20-2010, 06:15 PM
Nice try, but no comparison. Kubiak is "Wayne Fontes." You gonna argue the Lions miss HIM?

Ouch.

Just.

Ouch.

thunderkyss
10-20-2010, 09:06 PM
There were just as many people who claimed that the won/loss record was a poor measure of a team. The "look and feel" evaluation of the game (by hometown fans, no less) was the most important indicator of a team's ranking in the NFL. Those people are also part of the 180 degree spin dance.

Absolutely not. I pointed to the stats many times last year, not saying it was more important that the W-L, but a measuring stick that can be used to measure the progress (or in this years case the lack) of the team.

You can also use them to compare one team to another (which is what they are used for most of all).

Last years stats showed me that we were playing good football in all three aspects of the game. But we were losing. Losing because of on the field player mistakes. That pointed to a maturity issue to me (unlike the Dallas Cowboys who are penalizing themselves out of wins (discipline)).

This year, we aren't playing very well at all in any phase of the game (the offensive stats look great (but if you were to take into account that we start slow & get those stats in the second half (4th Qtr) it points to very real problems), but we are winning.... which points to the maturity issue (if you ask me) being fixed (at least for now).

thunderkyss
10-20-2010, 09:15 PM

English must not be your native language. It's like you don't read the whole post before you reply.

He wasn't comparing Kubiak to Slocum. Slocum (or rather the firing of Slocum) was used to illustrate a point.

He started his post with the words, "Be careful what you wish for..."

Not, "Kubiak is like Slocum..." or "Kubiak reminds me of Slocum..." or even, "Kubiak has been as successful as Slocum..."

DexmanC
10-20-2010, 09:31 PM
English must not be your native language. It's like you don't read the whole post before you reply.

He wasn't comparing Kubiak to Slocum. Slocum (or rather the firing of Slocum) was used to illustrate a point.

He started his post with the words, "Be careful what you wish for..."

Not, "Kubiak is like Slocum..." or "Kubiak reminds me of Slocum..." or even, "Kubiak has been as successful as Slocum..."

Yeah, yeah. I get what you're sayin', but I just couldn't let it slide.
The phrase "be careful what you wish for..." is paired with "something else"
a lot of people are "wishing for." The mind wanders into a logical direction...

"Be careful what you wish for" + "Inclusion of the name 'Kubiak" +
"Inclusion of the name 'Slocum'" = "Logical conclusion of 'Firing Kubiak'
is analogous in its consequences to 'Firing Slocum'"

So, after doing the math, one can clearly see I was attacking the logic
of his post, by cutting to the chase. Kubiak should not be
mentioned in the same sentence as Slocum, unless he is being referenced
as a member of R.C.'s staff.

ŅMe entiendes?

JB
10-20-2010, 09:33 PM
Kubiak is "Wayne Fontes."

Yeah, prior to Schwartz, I am sure they did.

Fontes went 67-71 over his tenure with the Lions

After he was let go, Bobby Ross went 27-32 and was fired midway through the 2000 season. Followed by Marty Mornhinweg who went 5-27 & Steve Mariucci whis his great 11-21.

It has been downhill from there.

So yeah, I think if you were to poll Lions fans, yeah, they missed Fontes.

And IIRC, they were really pissed when he got fired.

Goldensilence
10-20-2010, 10:13 PM

I'm not so sure it was as much as Slocum getting dimissed that hurt as much as around the same time other programs picked up.

A&M used to be able to recruit well out of California and once USC was revived under Carroll the California, the pipeline Slocum enjoyed dried up. I believe around the same time as well that Saban went to LSU and Stoops landed at OU.

I was a little surprised with the Franchione era, but then again his time at 'Bama from what I recall didn't produce a whole lot. Looking at things now Patterson was with Fran every stop before deciding to stay at TCU. Fran then levels off and Patterson maintains a very successful program. Just a thought. I also thought it was shady the way he left Alabama though. Reminds me a bit of Kelly bolting for Notre Dame.

Far as Sherman goes, I know part of the draw was being a former Aggie and his NFL pedigree was supposed to lure kids to College Station to go to the NFL. So far he hasn't been successful at sending players to the NFL like he was supposed to. I thought they should've looked for a guy that was a known recruiting ace. Though the program's talent is light years ahead of what Franchione brought it and seems to have a better idea of how to utilize athletes.

My question is to someone familiar with the them is how much leash is he on considering they seemed poised to make noise in the Big 12 South.

Far as replacing Gary and being sorry with the results. A lot of that is going to have to do with really seeing the caliber of GM that Rick Smith can be and getting a known person as your HC.

Aside from the obvious wants for Cowher, whom I think is likely headed to Carolina, Gruden (whether I am a big fan or not) is out there and I wonder what it would take to lure a guy like Marty back to the sideline.

Rey
10-20-2010, 10:22 PM
I am really hoping this team comes out and does not look flat after the bye week...

I can't even really imagine how the rest of the season is going to go...

My honest opinion is that we are going to look bad against the Colts after the bye, but I really, really hope I'm wrong...

JB
10-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Far as Sherman goes, I know part of the draw was being a former Aggie and his NFL pedigree was supposed to lure kids to College Station to go to the NFL. So far he hasn't been successful at sending players to the NFL like he was supposed to. I thought they should've looked for a guy that was a known recruiting ace. Though the program's talent is light years ahead of what Franchione brought it and seems to have a better idea of how to utilize athletes.

He hasn't been there long enough to send players to the NFL yet has he? When did he take over there? '07, '08?

thunderkyss
10-20-2010, 10:35 PM
I am really hoping this team comes out and does not look flat after the bye week...

My honest opinion is that we are going to look bad against the Colts after the bye, but I really, really hope I'm wrong...

If we spot them 21 points through 3 Qtrs, but come back to beat them in the 4th.... how would you feel?

JB
10-20-2010, 10:51 PM
If we spot them 21 points through 3 Qtrs, but come back to beat them in the 4th.... how would you feel?

I would feel great! Don't matter how, it's the results! If we sweep the colts, I am going to be estatic!

DexmanC
10-20-2010, 10:52 PM

It's not gonna happen against the Colts, because if you are forced
to pass every down, their defense will kill you. Kubiak ALWAYS
abandons the run when the Texans get down by two or more scores,
and regrets it on the podium post-game.

The Texans beat the Colts on opening day, because the Texans had
the lead for all 60 minutes. The Colts have an ELITE pass defense,
the Texans don't.

Lucky
10-20-2010, 11:04 PM
Just when you thought you were out... they pull you back in.

thunderkyss
10-20-2010, 11:05 PM
It's not gonna happen against the Colts, because if you are forced
to pass every down, their defense will kill you. Kubiak ALWAYS
abandons the run when the Texans get down by two or more scores,
and regrets it on the podium post-game.

The Texans beat the Colts on opening day, because the Texans had
the lead for all 60 minutes. The Colts have an ELITE pass defense,
the Texans don't.

Ok Mr Texans fan.... for your next reading lesson.

When a question begins with "if" you should respond to the following words as though they are true. You don't counter with a scenario that doesn't address the premise of the argument.

And you certainly don't interject your own "if" statement.. "because if you are forced to pass..."

It's selfish, self-centered, and arrogant.

Not prose.... not counter point... arrogant.

Runner
10-21-2010, 12:08 AM
Just when you thought you were out... they pull you back in.

I dropped out during the offseason with the intention to keep my peace until the bye week. I see the same petty stuff being posted. Some stuff never changes.

As far as the Texans - quite the roller coaster this year. Not too much change. I think that goes on a different thread though.

Texan_Bill
10-21-2010, 12:14 AM
:hmmm:

:thinking:

:user:

:rolleyes:

Lucky
10-21-2010, 08:28 PM
As far as the Texans - quite the roller coaster this year. Not too much change.
In case you haven't heard, the Texans have turned the corner.

Only to find another corner. I guess this was harder than they thought.

http://www.oakharborcheer.com/Football-Helmet-Maze.jpg

BigBull17
10-22-2010, 09:38 AM
Ok Mr Texans fan.... for your next reading lesson.

When a question begins with "if" you should respond to the following words as though they are true. You don't counter with a scenario that doesn't address the premise of the argument.

And you certainly don't interject your own "if" statement.. "because if you are forced to pass..."

It's selfish, self-centered, and arrogant.

Not prose.... not counter point... arrogant.

He didn't abandon the run down 14 to the 3rd best run d, why would he vs the Colts?

thunderkyss
10-22-2010, 09:55 AM
He didn't abandon the run down 14 to the 3rd best run d, why would he vs the Colts?

Again, it doesn't matter how it's done. The question is if we come back from a 21 point deficit to beat the Colts, how would you feel?

It was asked in response to this statement:

BigBull17
10-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Again, it doesn't matter how it's done. The question is if we come back from a 21 point deficit to beat the Colts, how would you feel?

It was asked in response to this statement:

If we came back from 21 down to beat the COlts my head may explode. I was yoked Sunday, but to get the drop on the COlts would freakin rock.

GlassHalfFull
10-22-2010, 10:07 AM
I hate this thread and I hate that it keeps making the front page. I keep thinking that visiting fans must get such a great impression of Texans fans by reading this thread.

Sigh. and now I have contributed to the mess. :justshootme:

thunderkyss
10-22-2010, 11:07 AM
If we came back from 21 down to beat the COlts my head may explode. I was yoked Sunday, but to get the drop on the COlts would freakin rock.

I gotcha..

But I wonder how it must feel for Colts fans, to spot us 21 points, then have them come back to win. I'm sure even Week 1, they felt we would shoot ourselves in the foot, & lose the game.

I'm glad that didn't happen.

I'm also perfectly satisfied with getting an early lead, & holding on to it.

But a W is a W...... especially against the Colts.

Texan_Bill
10-22-2010, 11:13 AM
I hate this thread and I hate that it keeps making the front page. I keep thinking that visiting fans must get such a great impression of Texans fans by reading this thread.

Huh?? I love this thread!! :gun:

HOU-TEX
10-22-2010, 11:30 AM
Huh?? I love this thread!! :gun:

Like a severe case of crotch rot

Texan_Bill
10-22-2010, 11:32 AM
Like a severe case of crotch rot

:headhurts:

eriadoc
10-22-2010, 12:03 PM

LOL, thanks for the bump. ;)

I've grown quite fond of this thread. It's the new "Carr Wars" thread.

DexmanC
10-22-2010, 03:32 PM

Don't we all, my friend. Don't we all.

TexansBull
10-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Sorry to bump the thread, but I did not know where else to put this article. I figured it would eventually be merged with it, so might as well.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2007/dec/11/kubiak-has-stayed-true-to-his-roots/

Anyways, does anyone remember when Kubiak was in his first year, I think, the Texans were were in the close game until the end, and before the offense or defense went onto the field, Kubiak pulled the team aside and gave them a talk? I remember the announcer at the time commending Kubiak for it and saying thats what the young team needed. I want to say it was the Colts, but the picture makes it seem it was the Browns. It has been something that has stuck with me. I just thought yall might remember when and what game.

Yall can commence with the :slapfight:

Joe Texan
10-27-2010, 11:40 PM
Thank God we are 4 and 2, else we might see a fire Bob thread

JB
10-27-2010, 11:52 PM
Sorry to bump the thread, but I did not know where else to put this article. I figured it would eventually be merged with it, so might as well.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2007/dec/11/kubiak-has-stayed-true-to-his-roots/

Anyways, does anyone remember when Kubiak was in his first year, I think, the Texans were were in the close game until the end, and before the offense or defense went onto the field, Kubiak pulled the team aside and gave them a talk? I remember the announcer at the time commending Kubiak for it and saying thats what the young team needed. I want to say it was the Colts, but the picture makes it seem it was the Browns. It has been something that has stuck with me. I just thought yall might remember when and what game.

I was hoping this would slip quietly through the night and be gone from the front page by morning, but alas! You have been nailed by Joe Texan, so now the :slapfight: must commence!

Texan_Bill
10-28-2010, 12:38 AM
I say this:

FIRE JB, FIRE JB!!!!

:francis:

ChampionTexan
10-28-2010, 12:41 AM
I say this:

FIRE JB, FIRE JB!!!!

I will reserve judgement on that until I see first hand how angry he gets at press conferences (enough but not too much), and the size of his Denny's menu (it can't be so big that it makes me feel bad about myself).

JB
10-28-2010, 07:04 AM
I say this:

FIRE JB, FIRE JB!!!!

No one else would take my job.

I will reserve judgement on that until I see first hand how angry he gets at press conferences (enough but not too much), and the size of his Denny's menu (it can't be so big that it makes me feel bad about myself).

I gotta mean lower jaw and can podium tap with the best of em. My menu is all computerized and disguised as a Penthouse mag.

Showtime100
10-28-2010, 03:09 PM

Please for give the offtopic question, but when did Rocky Mountain News come back? There was a big deal about it's demise. I guess they were just talking actual paper circulation(?).

Lucky
10-29-2010, 07:33 AM
Please for give the offtopic question, but when did Rocky Mountain News come back?
It hasn't come back. This article is 3 years old and was retrieved from the RMN archives.

DX-TEX
11-01-2010, 11:52 PM
http://espn.go.com/i/magazine/new/gruden_7.jpg

After this debacle Kubiak must go. He can not call a game for shit.

GuerillaBlack
11-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Fire this fool Kubiak.

FirstTexansFan
11-01-2010, 11:57 PM
I'm just bewildered! Everyone including my dog could see the run working, and we try to get cutsie and pass? This was a victory for us easily if we just stayed with the run... I don't think I could be anymore disappointed :(

Showtime100
11-01-2010, 11:58 PM
It hasn't come back. This article is 3 years old and was retrieved from the RMN archives.

Lol, I didn't look at the date. Thanks, Lucky. :)

bckey
11-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Kubiak has shown that when given 2 weeks to prepare he gets really stupid ideas rolling around in his head. Too much time to think. The Texans party is over. The defense is handicapping this team along with coaching. It was coaching that put this young secondary out there and said that is what we are going with. Schaub sucked at times tonight but they should have been running the ball anyway.

GuerillaBlack
11-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Kubiak has shown that when given 2 weeks to prepare he gets really stupid ideas rolling around in his head. Too much time to think. The Texans party is over. The defense is handicapping this team along with coaching. It was coaching that put this young secondary out there and said that is what we are going with. Schaub sucked at times tonight but they should have been running the ball anyway.

The bad thing about it is, the defense did its part in the first half. The offense couldn't come through, mainly due to Gary Kubiak forgetting the Colts can't stop the run.

Mr. Texan
11-02-2010, 12:09 AM
i try to give kubiak a chance.

but i just cant take it anymore :kubepalm:

RTP2110
11-02-2010, 12:09 AM
A game like this is inexcusable for Kubiak being in his 5th year as HC. Why we had such a pass heavy gameplan to begin with is beyond me. Everyone knows running the ball is the key to beating Indy. What's worse than the gameplan coming into the game, is Kubiak's inability to make adjustments. Not only was the run game working, the passing game was pathetic. So why in the hell did Kubiak keep on passing. It was almost like Kubiak scripted all 70 plays before the game and refused to change it.

I'm trying to follow Kubiak's logic, and I just can't see it. The gameplan and playcalling tonight was just flat out stupid. He played right into the Colts' hands. He did everything the Colts wanted him to do to tilt the game in their favor. Just pathetic all the way around. This guy isn't a winning head coach. He just knows how to run a gimmick offense that will keep the team in most games.

drewmar74
11-02-2010, 12:10 AM
The bad thing about it is, the defense did its part in the first half. The offense couldn't come through, mainly due to Gary Kubiak forgetting the Colts can't stop the run.

Thank you. I know the D is going to catch all kinds of crap but they hung in there tough in the 1st half. O couldn't get 'em off the field and kapow: Same old crap.

wagonhed
11-02-2010, 12:11 AM
Good bump.

Anyone still defending Kubiak and his shitty coordinators? Anyone?

drewmar74
11-02-2010, 12:12 AM
Good bump.

Anyone still defending Kubiak and his shitty coordinators? Anyone?

Negative, ghostrider. The pattern is completely empty.

DexmanC
11-02-2010, 12:13 AM
We've got seven more games in-a-row with teams that can do
EXACTLY what Indy did tonight.

stingray
11-02-2010, 12:16 AM
Fu*$k Gary Kubiak after this game. I have seen the light. The run game was working like a champ and he just needed to show that he is a brilliant pass caller. Dumbass, dumbass dumbass.

Fire him. I am turning in my season tickets after this year. I am not driving 750 miles roundtrip to see a dumbass head coach. Screw you gary, screw You!!!!

Mr. Texan
11-02-2010, 12:18 AM
arian only getting 8 carries in the first half is just....i....i just dont understand it

DexmanC
11-02-2010, 12:21 AM
arian only getting 8 carries in the first half is just....i....i just dont understand it

Same shit happened in the first game as well, but the score was close enough
for it not to matter in the end. Arian Foster is a GIFTED RUNNER. He's
has Terrell Davis-like vision, and WE DON'T USE HIM. Kubiak seems
hell-bent on trying to PASS HIS WAY to victory, even when running
the ball on the Colts EARLY IN THE GAME, is obvious.

Ryan
11-02-2010, 12:21 AM
How can this guy never get a team ready to play in the first half? I bet it has something to do with those 15 or so scripted calls he has at the beginning of each game. It does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

I will hold off on the pink soap until next week barring the results of that game, but i just don't understand it.

wagonhed
11-02-2010, 12:23 AM
It's not like the only problem is that we didn't run enough. Our passing game has been defective all year. Look at all the teams out there passing effectively, and then look at us. Our gameplans are shit and the coaches managed to break one of the most powerful passing offenses in the game, despite returning every single player, while adding a good running game.

Pathetic.

False Start
11-02-2010, 12:24 AM
Yeah, I have stuck up for the guy a bunch. It's starting to look like he is a great OC, but not cut out to be a head coach. Kind of like Wade in Dallas, great DC, but just not head coach material. Wade did make it to the playoffs at least, lol.

GuerillaBlack
11-02-2010, 12:24 AM

And he had 65 yards on those 8 carries! Pisses me off even more.

Scooter
11-02-2010, 12:28 AM
this game was 99% on kubiak and the coaching staff.

how do you beat the colts?
you keep manning off the field

how do you keep manning off the field?
you run the ball

what is the colts' weakness on defense?
they're too small to stop the run

what is the colts' strength on defense?
pass rush

how do you neutralize that strength?
you run the ball

how did we beat the colts in week 1?
arian foster ran for 231 yards

how did we beat the colts before arian foster?
ron dayne ran all day

arian foster put up 65 yards in the first half ... ON 8 CARRIES!, while schaub threw 17 times. we lost before this game even started because kubiak out-thought his team ... AGAIN. the entire 2 weeks according to anyone who's watched football should have been finding the best ways to RUN THE BALL! - instead our first drive was pass, pass, pass, sack, punt. i've been maybe his most ardent defender, but i see the flaws in what kubiak does in game design and sunday adjustments. blame it on ignorance, stubbornness, or his tendancies with getting too cute for his team, but kubiak lost this game on offense (especially with poorly designed short passes, like the failed 4th down), and the way our players are taught on defense lost it on that side.

that being said, i'm far from the pink soap because as i've said i think we're just getting started on a great thing, and i think kubiak is the guy we need to turn that into championships. games like today make it harder for me to criticize those who insist it's time for a change however.

TexanBacker93
11-02-2010, 12:28 AM
I'm just bewildered! Everyone including my dog could see the run working, and we try to get cutsie and pass? This was a victory for us easily if we just stayed with the run... I don't think I could be anymore disappointed :(

Kubiak was trying to outsmart the Colts. Nice job there, Gary.

As for Kubiak being one to lead a team to championships. His only experience is riding the coattails of John Elway or Steve Young. He hasn't shown he knows how to get a team to play to it's potential.

bckey
11-02-2010, 12:29 AM
I will hold off on the pink soap until next week barring the results of that game, but i just don't understand it.

If Clark would have been able to play it would have been way worse.
The Chargers will light up the Texans secondary next week. Gates will feast on our guys.

I'd like to know what our turnover ratio is so far this season.

DX-TEX
11-02-2010, 12:35 AM

you run the ball

pass rush

you run the ball

ron dayne ran all day

arian foster put up 65 yards in the first half ... ON 8 CARRIES!, while schaub threw 17 times. we lost before this game even started because kubiak out-thought his team ... AGAIN. the entire 2 weeks according to anyone who's watched football should have been finding the best ways to RUN THE BALL! - instead our first drive was pass, pass, pass, sack, punt. i've been maybe his most ardent defender, but i see the flaws in what kubiak does in game design and sunday adjustments. blame it on ignorance, stubbornness, or his tendancies with getting too cute for his team, but kubiak lost this game on offense (especially with poorly designed short passes, like the failed 4th down), and the way our players are taught on defense lost it on that side.

that being said, i'm far from the pink soap because as i've said i think we're just getting started on a great thing, and i think kubiak is the guy we need to turn that into championships. games like today make it harder for me to criticize those who insist it's time for a change however.

Awesome post! Repped.

Mr. Texan
to look like that and come with that type of game plan after a bye-week is just unacceptable.

i TRY to give kubes a chance...i really do, but he lost a lot of supporters tonight.

sorry but 4th quarter comeback heroics and luck are not going to always win.

eriadoc

you run the ball

pass rush

you run the ball

ron dayne ran all day

arian foster put up 65 yards in the first half ... ON 8 CARRIES!, while schaub threw 17 times. we lost before this game even started because kubiak out-thought his team ... AGAIN.

Kubiak was trying to outsmart the Colts. Nice job there, Gary.

Sometimes being a head coach is easier than he makes it out to be. I mean, you have to be a genius to come up with all the game plans and schemes that Kubiak has. You have to be a genius to build a team from nothing and make it competitive. But you don't have to be a genius to figure out a couple basic things.

Kubiak, you're doing it wrong.

I'm donning the pink soap. I wore it last year, he should have been fired last year, and I'm putting it back up. I am not advocating firing him in mid-season, but I'm wearing it as a clear statement that I have no faith the man can be a successful head coach of this team.

bckey
11-02-2010, 12:38 AM

5 years with Kubiak is more than just getting started. Our fans have too low of expectations every year and we are really good excuse makers. You can't take as long as you could in the 70's and 80's to build a team. Teams were mainly built from the draft back then. Players move around so much more in todays NFL. Players bolt for greener pastures unless you can really overpay for them to stay on a losing or mediocre team. Nothing about the Texans attracts players here. They are consistantly mediocre.

stingray
11-02-2010, 12:38 AM

you run the ball

pass rush

you run the ball

ron dayne ran all day

But Gary Kubiak is an offensive genius
http://reporter.blogs.com/.a/6a00d83451d69069e20120a74f571c970b-pi

Not!!!!!!!!!!

bckey
11-02-2010, 12:43 AM
Sometimes being a head coach is easier than he makes it out to be. I mean, you have to be a genius to come up with all the game plans and schemes that Kubiak has. You have to be a genius to build a team from nothing and make it competitive. But you don't have to be a genius to figure out a couple basic things.

Kubiak, you're doing it wrong.

I'm donning the pink soap. I wore it last year, he should have been fired last year, and I'm putting it back up. I am not advocating firing him in mid-season, but I'm wearing it as a clear statement that I have no faith the man can be a successful head coach of this team.

I donned it last year myself and thought he should have been fired after last season also. I even donned a couple of weeks this year already but damn it sure is a butt ugly avatar.

PockyAF
11-02-2010, 12:48 AM
You might think this is a knee-jerk response, but lo behold, if you check out the remaining of our schedule you know this response is perfectly appropriate.

First off, we can barely win at home; and as we witnessed today, we falter against a depleted team on the road. I have a shitty feeling we're about to embark on a 4 game losing streak, reminisce of the "oh no" Nov of 2009. I'm even on the fence about the TEN game at the end of Nov; seeing how VY is still undefeated against us.

I know what you guys are thinking, that "Kubiak's Kids" will finally start to show up when it we're already out of the playoff pictures and rescue Kubiak from the brink of termination, giving Old Man Bob blind faith again.

Well think again, it doesn't get better after the November Execution. We'll be playing @PHI, BAL, @TEN to start of Dec.

We're basically looking at a, at best(IMO), 7-9 season. I fear that Kubiak will once again find some lame excuses to evoke sympathy out of the always gullible, Old Man Bob. Last year, The Brown sisters held the team back, the year before Hurricane Ike pillaged our season, this year we have the #1 SOS.

Welcome to The Suck til 2012. McNair isn't going to fire Kubiak unless he suffers a dismal 2-14-like season like Dum Capers. That's his guy, excuses will always pave the way for a another Kubiak-coach season.

And if those ridiculous Mayans are right, we won't even we freakin' be around after Kubiak contract is up.

TexCanada
11-02-2010, 12:52 AM
to look like that and come with that type of game plan after a bye-week is just unacceptable.

i TRY to give kubes a chance...i really do, but he lost a lot of supporters tonight.

I'm with you. I have really tried hard to be a Kubiak supporter, but games like this drive me crazy. He isn't giving our players the best chance to succeed. Tonight he put Matt Schaub in an extremely difficult position, and Matt wasn't able to handle it. Sure, Schaub is somewhat to blame, but its Kubiak's fault for not helping him out. We should have ran the ball significantly more throughout this game. I, for one, was screaming at the TV all night to run the damn ball.

I am extremely disappointed with Kubiak tonight.

Scooter
11-02-2010, 12:52 AM
5 years with Kubiak is more than just getting started. Our fans have too low of expectations every year and we are really good excuse makers. You can't take as long as you could in the 70's and 80's to build a team. Teams were mainly built from the draft back then. Players move around so much more in todays NFL. Players bolt for greener pastures unless you can really overpay for them to stay on a losing or mediocre team. Nothing about the Texans attracts players here. They are consistantly mediocre.

the steelers and ravens and patriots and colts prove year after year that you do take your time. each team is built almost entirely with their own draft picks and rarely go after major free agents - even after having solid and mature rosters.

i'll rail for days on kubiak's stubbornness and inflexibility when it comes to game management and at times player loyalty. but the best FRANCHISES (not teams, franchises), are those that do exactly what we're doing by sticking with kubiak ... they've just had a couple decades' head start. the constant losers are those with consistant turnover at key positions, free agents, and coaches - even if they sneak in a great season or two.

andre hasnt bolted, nor daniels, nor ryans. we do very well to keep our own under kubiak.

hradhak
11-02-2010, 01:06 AM
the steelers and ravens and patriots prove year after year that you do take your time. each team is built almost entirely with their own draft picks and rarely go after major free agents - even after having solid and mature rosters.

i'll rail for days on kubiak's stubbornness and inflexibility when it comes to game management and at times player loyalty. but the best FRANCHISES (not teams, franchises), are those that do exactly what we're doing by sticking with kubiak ... they've just had a couple decades' head start. the constant losers are those with consistant turnover at key positions, free agents, and coaches - even if they sneak in a great season or two.

andre hasnt bolted, nor daniels, nor ryans. we do very well to keep our own under kubiak.

It's a great point. I think Kubiak has had some serious growing pains. Kubiak is outsmarting himself with a lot of his playcalling. Just stick with what works.

We've built a franchise. To bring someone in would likely cause a lot of turnover to get the players to fit the mold. Kubiak has to stop making rookie headcoaching mistakes. He knows what works, just keep doing it.

GuerillaBlack
11-02-2010, 01:21 AM
Foster should not have only had 15 carries in this game. He should have at least at 25. Kubiak, how exactly did you beat the Colts in Week 1? Do you need five months to figure it out because it appears two weeks was not enough.

Scooter
11-02-2010, 01:25 AM
Kubiak has to stop making rookie headcoaching mistakes. He knows what works, just keep doing it.

that's exactly it. kubiak is so insistant on going against what works that he hurts us more often than helps. someone take him to vegas and let him lose all his money betting against trends. his thought process appears to be (and obviously not knee-jerk, this has gone on his tenure) - "sure muhammed ali is 25-0, but i'll bet against him because he's eventually going to lose and i'll be right".

there is no more simple game in football than against the colts. you run the ball. end discussion. if you can average even 4 yards, you run 70% of the game or better. dont get me wrong, kubiak coaches and teaches his offense possibly better than anyone else in football, and our success is directly because of how great he is in those areas. complete brainfarts like today dont take away how successful we are on offense with so little spent in terms of picks and free agents and money.

the opposite is true on defense. we've dumbed down the defense so much that it's full circle into confusion by having players required to leave their assignments to protect eachother. steve young - "their defense is so vanilla, i would love to play against the texans every week". i am in favor of pink soap, but it's in regards to defensive coaches. we have ZERO scheme and arent being taught well at all - as exemplified by the progressive decline of every new player. even our rookies regress each season.

Dishman
11-02-2010, 01:30 AM
It's a great point. I think Kubiak has had some serious growing pains. Kubiak is outsmarting himself with a lot of his playcalling. Just stick with what works.

We've built a franchise. To bring someone in would likely cause a lot of turnover to get the players to fit the mold. Kubiak has to stop making rookie headcoaching mistakes. He knows what works, just keep doing it.

Why is Kubiak making rookie mistakes in his 5th year as head coach? He'd be long gone as a player as a 5th year veteran making rookie mistakes that even some of most casual fans could avoid. It used to be frustrating, but now it's just sad.

Brisco_County
11-02-2010, 01:30 AM
The benefit of a dominate running game is that there is nothing the opposing defense can do to stop it. That is why it is called IMPOSING the run.

But what do I know, I'm not a coach.

GuerillaBlack
11-02-2010, 01:33 AM
Why is Kubiak making rookie mistakes in his 5th year as head coach? He'd be long gone as a player as a 5th year veteran making rookie mistakes that even some of most casual fans could avoid. It used to be frustrating, but now it's just sad.

Hell, he'd be long gone on pretty much any NFL team with the results we've had in the past five years.

VTexan
11-02-2010, 01:34 AM
must keep to the script... must keep to the script..

JCTexan
11-02-2010, 01:44 AM

I've always been a supporter of Kubiak, and will still give him a chance the rest of the year, but he was the sole reason the Texans lost today. Everyone could tell the Colts couldn't stop Foster. So what does he do? He has Matt pass 38 times tonight. Foster averaged 6.8 yards a carry.

Kubiak lost a lot of respect from me with his play-calling tonight.

Marcus
11-02-2010, 01:52 AM
And as always, it's the coach's fault, and the players get a free pass.:rolleyes:

Yeah, you guys stick to the script alright.

DexmanC
11-02-2010, 01:57 AM
And as always, it's the coach's fault, and the players get a free pass.:rolleyes:

The players must follow the gameplan put down by the coach, and it
definitely was a silly gameplan tonight.

The Cush
11-02-2010, 01:58 AM
I've been saying this the past couple of seasons, its not smart to have an inexperienced head coach coaching a group of young, inexperienced guys. You need someone with experience, someone that has been THERE as a head coach, someone that actually HAS A BRAIN.

We hammered the Colts on the ground game 1, their defense is not built to stop power running not to mention they are banged up everywhere, and their two ends are superior PASS rushers...that sounds like a recipe for some good ol ground and pound. NOPE, not if Kubiak has anything to say about it. It was as if he wanted to show the world we beat them the first time running the ball now we're going to show everyone we can beat them through the air. He left his tackles, especially Duane, on an island against Freeney and Mathis. Because of this, he left Matt on an even smaller island getting crushed. I was barely seeing any chips or double teams until it the 2nd half when it was too late. The way the 1st half went reminded me of the Cowboys game. Against a premiere pass rusher like Ware we came out throwing heavy to begin with and barely ran the ball.

Unfortunately, unless we finish anything under 9-7, I think Kubiak will be back. We'll still be on that cusp and McNair will probably let Kubes try to finish what he started...

Showtime100
11-02-2010, 01:59 AM

I don't think anyone gets a free pass. I do believe, however, a good NFL coaching staff could get more out of this team not only in play calling and in-game decisions but could also get more out of the talent each of these players have. Unprovable for sure, just an opinion.

Dishman

Terrible offensive play calling is on the coaching staff.
Abandoning the run before the game even really got started is on the coaching staff.
Piss-poor execution and adjustments out of a bye-week is a reflection on the coaching staffs inability to prepare the team.

Scooter

i've spent this entire thread defending kubiak, and still do. how was this game NOT the coaches' faults?

Brisco_County

I've defended Kubiak for four of his five seasons here. After this season, it's time for a change.

JCTexan
11-02-2010, 02:02 AM

I'm usually a Kubiak defender, and I'm still willing to give him the rest of the year before I fully make up my mind on him for next year, but I was disappointed he abandoned the run. Foster ran 33 times for 231 yards the last time Houston played the Colts, and he ran 15 times for 102 averaging 6.8 yards a carry. I admit Schaub had an awful game tonight, and though the defense wasn't totally awful I didn't expect them to get off the field either, but why stop running the ball when it has worked so well against the Colts?

houstonspartan
11-02-2010, 02:11 AM
the steelers and ravens and patriots and colts prove year after year that you do take your time. each team is built almost entirely with their own draft picks and rarely go after major free agents - even after having solid and mature rosters.

So, we're supposed to wait 20 years for Kubiak to grow into a head coach?

Come on. 5 years is enough time.

Scooter
11-02-2010, 02:17 AM
I've been saying this the past couple of seasons, its not smart to have an inexperienced head coach coaching a group of young, inexperienced guys.

i couldnt agree more with this statement, however i think our problem is the opposite. our lack of experience and leadership is on the field, not the sidelines (despite kubiak almost single handedly losing this game). we have no ray lewis or darren sharper or charles woodsen or casey hampton or peyton manning. veteran leadership and motivation on the field to combine with younger head coaches.

name a new or first time head coach without a leader over 30 years old (i can name atleast 3 players for each coach). there's only 1 coach without, and he's in houston.

this is the conflict IMO. either we start acquiring those players, or we ride the process until they occur naturally.

BullsOnParade
11-02-2010, 02:18 AM
The worst thing about the coaching was that we were coming off of a bye.

J_R
11-02-2010, 02:21 AM
The worst thing about the coaching was that we we're coming off of a bye.

That is not surprising though. Texans are 1-4 under Kubiak after the bye. 1-3 in the 2nd game after the bye.

Scooter
11-02-2010, 02:26 AM
So, we're supposed to wait 20 years for Kubiak to grow into a head coach?

Come on. 5 years is enough time.

if we have 4 championships in those 20 years, would you complain? i'm not planning on jumping on someone else's bandwagon in those 20 years.

i want THIS texans team to mature and find their peak. we continue to acquire top tier talent each season almost exclusively through the draft and without spending much money at all. despite his flaws (of which i am usually quick to point out), i think too many choose to ignore our successes.

believe me, when i feel we're at a point where kubiak has plateau'd both coaching and building this franchise, i'll be right there suggesting replacements. i dont think we're close to either one ... we are continuing that upward trend.

Scooter
11-02-2010, 02:28 AM
The worst thing about the coaching was that we were coming off of a bye.

that has to be the most frustrating part. we had 2 weeks to design an offense specifically (and literally) to run over the colts.

pass, pass, pass, sack - punt

2 weeks to come up with that.

Marcus
11-02-2010, 02:30 AM
I'm usually a Kubiak defender, and I'm still willing to give him the rest of the year before I fully make up my mind on him for next year, but I was disappointed he abandoned the run. Foster ran 33 times for 231 yards the last time Houston played the Colts, and he ran 15 times for 102 averaging 6.8 yards a carry. I admit Schaub had an awful game tonight, and though the defense wasn't totally awful I didn't expect them to get off the field either, but why stop running the ball when it has worked so well against the Colts?

Ok, this is MY opinion. I'm just a Texans fan. I am just as bitterly disappointed in this loss as the rest of you. But I don't, and never will, claim to know more than Kubiak, or any coach for that matter, how to coach a football team.

I know this for a fact. The players want to play for him. As long as that condition exists, I will never, and I mean NEVER, call for him to be fired. I will only call for a coach to be fired when I feel he has lost his team. I think Wade Phillips has lost his team, and that's why I think he should be fired.

Most of you just want change, for change sake. Well, get over it. Kubiak will be here for long, long time.

Showtime100
11-02-2010, 02:38 AM
Ok, this is MY opinion. I'm just a Texans fan. I am just as bitterly disappointed in this loss as the rest of you. But I don't, and never will, claim to know more than Kubiak, or any coach for that matter, how to coach a football team.

I know this for a fact. The players want to play for him. As long as that condition exists, I will never, and I mean NEVER, call for him to be fired. I will only call for a coach to be fired when I feel he has lost his team. I think Wade Phillips has lost his team, and that's why I think he should be fired.

Most of you just want change, for change sake. Well, get over it. Kubiak will be here for long, long time.

Of course I respect your opinion. Speaking for myself I know change for change's sake is foolhardy. My reasons are above in another post.

Uh-oh. Close lightning strike here. Bye-bye.

I hope all has a good night. :tiphat:

JCTexan
11-02-2010, 02:42 AM

I don't want Kubiak fired, and didn't say I did. I don't understand the play-calling when the running game seemed to be working. There were a couple of 3rd and 3s early in the game where I would have ran the ball, and on that fourth down try I would have tried running the ball instead. The running game was working and Schaub seemed to be struggling so the wise thing to do IMO is try to establish the running game.

wagonhed
11-02-2010, 03:15 AM
if we have 4 championships in those 20 years, would you complain? i'm not planning on jumping on someone else's bandwagon in those 20 years.
I disagree strongly with just about everything you've said on the last 2 pages, but I'll respond to this.

The reason most of us want Kubiak gone (at the END of the season) is because we don't think he has shown any signs that he can or will improve in the near or even distant future. It's not like he has been steadily improving. In fact, I doubt if he has improved at all. The team has improved a ton because we have a shitload of talent. And now it's the coaching that is holding back our talent.

The idea that if we just keep him around for another 15 years we will win the Super Bowl 4 times is outright ludicrous. You keep a guy for 20 years if he is a good coach and shows improvement each year. Kubiak is neither a good coach nor does he show improvement each year.

Your blind willingness to keep him forever (based on what, exactly?) is difficult to understand.

Scooter
11-02-2010, 04:05 AM
edit: drunk posting.

Grams
11-02-2010, 06:08 AM
How can a team not be prepared to play a beat up team with 2 weeks to prepare?

A team we crushed in game 1 this year. A team that has shown repeatedly that it cannot stop the run.

How can we not give Brown help to stop Freeney?

How can we look good one week and totally inept the next?

Where is Cushing? Is he back from suspension yet? When is he due back? He is beginning to look like Merriman here. Not very good after testing positive for PEDS.

I have never been a pink soaper, but am beginning to see the light.

RTP2110
11-02-2010, 07:53 AM
Kubiak took a really bad team and made it into an average/respectable team. 5th year in, and the Texans are still just average. The question is if Kubiak can get the team to the next level.

thunderkyss
11-02-2010, 08:28 AM

Very reminiscent of the Cowboys game, the 'Skins game, & the KC game.

Actually, even the Raiders game. Our defense is not, & has not been as bad as the stats suggest, they've just been on the field way too long because of our inept offense.

hobie
11-02-2010, 08:43 AM
Damn, I am starting to agree ....... I think Kubiak is inept at being a HC.

kiwitexansfan
11-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Smithiak are a good team.

The team has progressed from when they took over.

However it is time the Smith of Smithiak, fires the iak part and brings in someone who can take us from good to great and keep us there.

Blake
11-02-2010, 09:00 AM
Smithiak are a good team.

The team has progressed from when they took over.

However it is time the Smith of Smithiak, fires the iak part and brings in someone who can take us from good to great and keep us there.

Smowher has a nice ring to it.

thunderkyss
11-02-2010, 09:09 AM
A game like this is inexcusable for Kubiak being in his 5th year as HC. Why we had such a pass heavy gameplan to begin with is beyond me. Everyone knows running the ball is the key to beating Indy. What's worse than the gameplan coming into the game, is Kubiak's inability to make adjustments. Not only was the run game working, the passing game was pathetic. So why in the hell did Kubiak keep on passing. It was almost like Kubiak scripted all 70 plays before the game and refused to change it.

I'm trying to follow Kubiak's logic, and I just can't see it. The gameplan and playcalling tonight was just flat out stupid. He played right into the Colts' hands. He did everything the Colts wanted him to do to tilt the game in their favor. Just pathetic all the way around. This guy isn't a winning head coach. He just knows how to run a gimmick offense that will keep the team in most games.

I put this in the "surely he can't be that stupid" category. It doesn't make sense. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it, so why would we believe Kubiak wouldn't know it?

Think about this.... they've been saying Matt has been given more & more freedom to adjust the plays at the line. What if he is checking to passes after scanning the defense? I remember after one play, Matt went to the sideline, & Kubiak was asking him to explain something. So who knows?

Another thing, with the talent we have on offense (remember we've been saying OD is back for the last two weeks) & the Colts depleted secondary, there is no reason our passing game should have looked so inept. We didn't recognize blitzes, Brown was rusty, & Winston has a lot of explaining to do.

Maddict5
11-02-2010, 09:14 AM
been a big kubiak supporter since day 1 but ive never been madder at him than i am right now after last nights playcalling debacle

what i wouldnt give to be at that press conference asking a few choice questions.. too bad most/all of the guys that are there suck at asking hard questions but if anyone rings 610 this evening please ask this (and phrase it this way since they dont let ranters on):

'coach, how would you evaluate your playcalling last night, especially in the first half, given that arian was running for 6 yds a pop from start to finish as he did in our week 1 blowout, the colts have ferocious pass rushing DE's who were killing the OT's, esp duane & the passing game in general looked out of sync as it has done for much of the season & created huge deficits in 5 out of our 7 games'

not reaching for the pink soap just yet but my hands got alot dirtier during last nights game

GuerillaBlack
11-02-2010, 09:17 AM
I disagree strongly with just about everything you've said on the last 2 pages, but I'll respond to this.

The reason most of us want Kubiak gone (at the END of the season) is because we don't think he has shown any signs that he can or will improve in the near or even distant future. It's not like he has been steadily improving. In fact, I doubt if he has improved at all. The team has improved a ton because we have a shitload of talent. And now it's the coaching that is holding back our talent.

The idea that if we just keep him around for another 15 years we will win the Super Bowl 4 times is outright ludicrous. You keep a guy for 20 years if he is a good coach and shows improvement each year. Kubiak is neither a good coach nor does he show improvement each year.

Your blind willingness to keep him forever (based on what, exactly?) is difficult to understand.

This is what will happen with Kubiak: the Texans will HOPEFULLY fire him if we don't make the playoffs this season (looking less likely we'll make it...this loss hurts). He'll go back as an OC, and in a couple of years he'll come back as a HC again somewhere else and be more successful.

Blake
11-02-2010, 09:18 AM
not reaching for the pink soap just yet but my hands got alot dirtier during last nights game

I'm your huckleberry.

Edit: Dropping my Mario Williams avatar for this garbage pink soap. Tells you all you need to know about my feelings on Kubiak.

eriadoc
11-02-2010, 09:18 AM
You know, the players always have a lot to do with whether or not a coach has success. You simply can't separate the two. Kubiak's poor decision making, however, has risen above the poor play of the players. The offensive line was doing a poor job of pass blocking last night, especially Brown. But they were doing a good job of run blocking. As a coach, it is your job to figure out what's working and use it to your advantage, and fix what isn't working at halftime, or after the game, or gradually, through a series of calls designed to do that. I was saying last night that I would have been calling almost nothing but runs, screens, and slants in the first half, and on every run play, my directive to the OL would have been to bury Freeney on every play. By the second half, he wouldn't have it in him to put on a pass rush clinic.

Instead, we got what we saw last night, because Kubiak is a freakin' moron. And I don't mean he's dumb - he's obviously smart. I mean he's the kind of smart that can out-think the most obvious, basic answer, and then wonder why the hell it didn't work.

I think Kubiak's coaching career has plateaued here in Houston. He isn't going to improve. Whatever external stimulus is needed to trigger some new learning mechanism for him just isn't happening.

thunderkyss
11-02-2010, 09:23 AM
The players must follow the gameplan put down by the coach, and it
definitely was a silly gameplan tonight.

How do you know what the game plan was?

It makes more sense to you that Kubiak called a heavy pass game than it does that Matt checked to pass more after seeing 8 in the box all day?

If it sounds like I'm giving GK a free pass, stop. I'm not. Checking to a pass against what the Colts put out there makes sense to me. Why we couldn't execute..... is on Gary. This is a talented offensive team........ should be a freak'n juggernaught & we can't buy a first down in the first half.

HTown2ATX
11-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Our defense is not, & has not been as bad as the stats suggest, they've just been on the field way too long because of our inept offense.

:lol:

Dude, I like a lot of stuff you usually say, but you have got to get off of this.....it's embarassing.

Last night on MNF it was not on the D's fault, the Offense really blew and the Denny's menu must have been smudged so Kubes was making dumbass calls (example 4th and 2 and we pass when Arian was rushing great).

But seriously man....the Defense is not good man. Look inside yourself, search your feelings, you know this to be true. :hothboy:

thunderkyss
11-02-2010, 09:30 AM

I think it's ridiculous to think you can put a bunch of talented players on the field, & have them improve inspite of coaching.

That hasn't happened in Dallas for years. Sure they got to the play-offs & won a game in the last 13 years, but I'd much rather be where we are right now, than where they are.

It hasn't worked for the Redskins, or the Raiders either.

The Raiders are actually doing more with less right now, because of Cable. That team will see it's share of growing pains.... but things are looking up right now.

If you're seeing improvement on this team, you're seeing improvement in Kubiak.

GuerillaBlack
11-02-2010, 09:33 AM
I think it's ridiculous to think you can put a bunch of talented players on the field, & have them improve inspite of coaching.

That hasn't happened in Dallas for years. Sure they got to the play-offs & won a game in the last 13 years, but I'd much rather be where we are right now, than where they are.

The Raiders are actually doing more with less right now, because of Cable. That team will see it's share of growing pains.... but things are looking up right now.

The Raiders are a great example. They are taking the attitude of their head coach "not taking shit from anybody". The Texans are unfortunately taking Kubiak's mindset of being the softest head coach in the league.

thunderkyss
11-02-2010, 09:43 AM
been a big kubiak supporter since day 1 but ive never been madder at him than i am right now after last nights playcalling debacle

what i wouldnt give to be at that press conference asking a few choice questions..

Like you would get a straight answer anyway. There is a steel curtain around the locker room. You'll never know what the gameplan actually was, or why it turned out the way it did. Kubiak won't sell his players out, he'll take the blame. The players won't sell Kubiak out, they believe in him.

Schaub was actually asked about the INT Kubiak took credit for, he said, "that's just a coach protecting his player."

'coach, how would you evaluate your playcalling last night, especially in the first half, given that arian was running for 6 yds a pop from start to finish as he did in our week 1 blowout, the colts have ferocious pass rushing DE's who were killing the OT's, esp duane & the passing game in general looked out of sync as it has done for much of the season & created huge deficits in 5 out of our 7 games'

You've got to hate Kubiak to think that was his plan. That he wanted to come out unbalanced, that he would ignore something that was working. That he would continue to put Schaub in bad situations.

I don't hate Kubiak, I don't think he's stupid. Something else must have been going on.

I think he's trying to get his QB ready for the play-offs, loosening the reigns. Just didn't work the way we planned & hoped.

I hear you. We've still got a long way to go. People don't understand what he means by saying that, but we've still got a long way to go.

The remaining schedule won't make it easy, but I think we'll get there. I saw some good things last night (more bad, no doubt) but I'm feeling better and better about how this team will do once they get to the play-offs.

Which I still think is this year.

eriadoc
11-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Very reminiscent of the Cowboys game, the 'Skins game, & the KC game.

Actually, even the Raiders game. Our defense is not, & has not been as bad as the stats suggest, they've just been on the field way too long because of our inept offense.

Man, you say some of the most outlandish things ever. This team has never had a top ten defensive unit. Last season, when the offense was rolling, the defense was pretty good at stopping the run, spotty at stopping the pass, and way better than this year's version of D. You could at least make the argument that the D held its own the last 13 games of the season. This year, they suck. There's no getting around it. The reason they're on the field so much is because they don't stop anyone! Last night may have actually been their best game of the season.

The offense is averaging 28:26 in T.O.P. and is a top ten offense in just about every category you could want. Every unit has its off weeks, and this offense has been maddeningly inconsistent, but every defense in the NFL wants a top 10 offense supporting them. So just stop, really.

thunderkyss
11-02-2010, 09:48 AM
:lol:

Dude, I like a lot of stuff you usually say, but you have got to get off of this.....it's embarassing.

But seriously man....the Defense is not good man. Look inside yourself, search your feelings, you know this to be true. :hothboy:

That's not what I said.

Dutchrudder
11-02-2010, 09:53 AM
You guys and your pink soap just don't get it, only Tide with Bleach can get out the stain of Kubiak...

Kaiser Toro
11-02-2010, 10:03 AM
You guys and your pink soap just don't get it, only Tide with Bleach can get out the stain of Kubiak...

Au contraire, Mon frere. The pink soap is for blowing shit up.

RTP2110
11-02-2010, 11:01 AM
This is how I feel about Gary Kubiak right now. Gary Kubiak is that guy that just canít put it all together. Heís the guy that does a lot of things well, but always leaves one loose end that ends up biting him in the ass. Most of us know a guy like him. It may be a good friend or a family member. You know the guy who canít keep a job, or who has a good job but canít pay his bills. He tries hard, has the right intentions, but for some reason canít put the whole package together. Maybe he works hard to fix something, but when he does something else goes wrong. I know a few people like this. They do a lot of thing really good, but they always seem to have some huge issue slowing them down in life. You find yourself wondering how they end up with ongoing issues because they seem like they should have it all together.

IMO, thatís Kubiak as a head coach. Itís always something with his team. The first few seasons he was growing into the job. He had some growing pains that we all expected like clock management and challenge decisions, but it was expected for a new HC. Later those issues got a little better, but then turnovers were an issue. Schaub and Rosenfels were giving the ball away like candy on Halloween, and the defense thought that if they took the ball away they would be convicted for theft. Last season starts, and most of those issues are gone, but now we canít run the ball, and we canít win in our division. Slaton regressed big time, and we went 1-5 in our division. Not to mention that the team only played one good half per game. This year we get a huge win over Indy to start the year, with Foster proving to be the fix to our run game. But now, the defense that looked to be so improved over the last half of last season, has regressed all the way back to being worst in the league. We shored up the run game, but the passing attack from last year is struggling.

Itís just always something with this team. Different season, different crippling issue. Iím really starting to lose faith in Kubiak ever putting it all together. I have had faith in him for so long because he does do a lot of things really well. But until he can cut out the glaring weaknesses that have always plagued this team, the team wonít go any further. Now Iím really starting to lose faith that he do it.

Hervoyel
11-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Fire Kubiak. It's time.

If it had been up to me I'd have fired him along with Frank Bush in the visitors locker room in Indianapolis. I wouldn't have let them ride back on the team plane. I don't even think I'd have given them bus money.

GP
11-02-2010, 11:30 AM
The worst thing for this team is that it still manages to win some games and look impressive while doing it.

The running game of Foster/Ward, AJ, Schaub, and the come-from-behind wins vs. the Redskins and Chiefs, are all doing one thing: Preventing Bob McNair from pulling the plug on the Kubiak experiment.

It's sad that a man like Bob McNair has fooled himself into thinking that ONLY when we're 1-15 or 2-14 and the fans are all waving "Fire Kubiak!" signs in the stands during the games that THAT is when he needs to move on.

McNair is not a man who is ultimately passionate about winning a title. At least not for the sake of the title itself. He's man, IMO, who sees winning a title as a way to make MORE money. Every move is reactionary with the trigger getting pulled based on how it makes money or avoids losing money.

Right now, McNair ultimately cares about keeping things the way they are. Firing Kubiak would only complicate things. Because Bob runs the risk of making the team worse due to "a rebuilding phase" when what he has right now is at least somewhat tolerable.

He's stringing this out for all it's worth. He's milking the Kubiak cow for as long as he can. In addition, he gets painted by some as being such a loyal, patient man. When in reality, IMO, he's just a business man who likes things to be as predictable and profitable as it can get. If you get something more, then great. If you maintain and keep people int he seats, then that's OK too. But only when he sees half-empty stadiums and the stain of fans wearing paper bags on their heads and a chorus of boos, and the team completely falling apart will Bob McNair make a move.

Because Bob is reactionary, not proactive. And THAT is the exact same thing that Kubiak is. He reacts instead of being proactive. They are a match made in heaven for one another. They share the same gene: Do what you do, minimize volatility and instability, and hope for the best.

Throw in Rick Smith and his penny-pinching contract ways, and it's even worse.

I'm going to go ahead and say it: I hope we lose every game for the rest of the season, and Bob "reacts" by doing what he should have done last year. We need Bob to somehow blindly stumble upon that once-in-a-lifetime head coach that just finds a way to put it together. Whether it happens with the next guy, or the 6th head coach of the Texans, I don't care. But this thing with Kubiak is dead. It's the dog that you think can recover from the sickness, but you know you should just put down for the sake of the dog.

I have never advocated our team losing games on purpose. I am today.

Not even a win next Sunday changes that. Because a win next Sunday only prolongs the sham that is the Kubiak era. Take the kids to grandma's house, grab the pistol, have a few last minutes of petting the dog and telling it you love him, and then do what needs to be done.

It's that simple. At some point, you really DO have to trade these few good times we've had with this Kubiak era and just say "You know what? I'm all for seeing what someone else could do in his place. Good or bad, makes no differenc. A change of scenery is needed."

Double Barrel
11-02-2010, 11:30 AM
"it's the coach's fault, and the players get a free pass."

Who picks the players?

After 71 games, I think we can get a pretty clear understanding of our head coach. If you need more than 71 games to evaluate a mediocre (at best) coach, then perhaps you should own a football team, too.

There is only ONE player that was here before Kubiak was hired. This team represents Gary Kubiak, from the GM and coaching staff, to the players on the roster, how they play, and the results.

The Texans were 4-3 last year at this point. Treading water. Yay, let's be a mediocre team AGAIN and hope for another winning record! *pom pom shaking*

This is the same old song and dance from Kubiak & Co. Continue to support this garbage if your standards are set for mediocre.

Personally, I don't think Kubiak will ever get this team over the hump. Not this season, not 5 seasons from now. I'm more convinced of this simple fact now more than ever.

Texans fan for life, but I'm not gonna' lie, choking down another mediocre year is pathetic. :choke:

HTown2ATX
11-02-2010, 11:32 AM
texans fan for life, but i'm not gonna' lie, choking down another mediocre year is pathetic. :choke:

^^this

HOU-TEX
11-02-2010, 11:44 AM
"it's the coach's fault, and the players get a free pass."

Who picks the players?

After 71 games, I think we can get a pretty clear understanding of our head coach. If you need more than 71 games to evaluate a mediocre (at best) coach, then perhaps you should own a football team, too.

There is only ONE player that was here before Kubiak was hired. This team represents Gary Kubiak, from the GM and coaching staff, to the players on the roster, how they play, and the results.

The Texans were 4-3 last year at this point. Treading water. Yay, let's be a mediocre team AGAIN and hope for another winning record! *pom pom shaking*

This is the same old song and dance from Kubiak & Co. Continue to support this garbage if your standards are set for mediocre.

Personally, I don't think Kubiak will ever get this team over the hump. Not this season, not 5 seasons from now. I'm more convinced of this simple fact now more than ever.

Texans fan for life, but I'm not gonna' lie, choking down another mediocre year is pathetic. :choke:

I'm with ya, DB. I think I might be getting more fed up than a lot of people. I'm tired of spending countless hours studying every facet of this team every year, sweating my ass off at TC and scouting players coming out of College. I'm going to make an effort to pull back the reins on those things and spend more time on life. After recent events, I've found there are more important things I need to worry about.

thunderkyss
11-02-2010, 12:13 PM
McNair is not a man who is ultimately passionate about winning a title. At least not for the sake of the title itself. He's man, IMO, who sees winning a title as a way to make MORE money. Every move is reactionary with the trigger getting pulled based on how it makes money or avoids losing money.

I thought McNair had a successful horse racing club or franchise, or whatever you call it.

I thought he was really proud of how well his horse was doing a little while back.

HOU-TEX
11-02-2010, 12:47 PM
I thought McNair had a successful horse racing club or franchise, or whatever you call it.

I thought he was really proud of how well his horse was doing a little while back.

He sold it a couple years ago

gary
11-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Gary and Frank both should be fired. Hell, the whole staff should be enough is enough. Every sport begins with coaching and the staff period.

Mr. Texan
11-02-2010, 01:15 PM
i thought i'd sleep on it to calm down after last night but just woke up even more furious.

8 carries in the first half.....:kubepalm:

HTown2ATX
11-02-2010, 01:41 PM
i thought i'd sleep on it to calm down after last night but just woke up even more furious.

8 carries in the first half.....:kubepalm:

Lol...exactly.....I was even a little snappy when I got to work so I had to check that quick. :bat:

Apparently I missed the last debacle of a drive as I passed out with about 5 minutes left in the game....thank God for the human body shutting down after too much alcohol and needing sleep otherwise I would have watched the whole steaming pile of crap to the end like I usually do.

So thank you Shiner for helping to tuck me in before I had to endure that!! :drunk:

Hervoyel
11-02-2010, 01:56 PM
The worst thing for this team is that it still manages to win some games and look impressive while doing it.

The running game of Foster/Ward, AJ, Schaub, and the come-from-behind wins vs. the Redskins and Chiefs, are all doing one thing: Preventing Bob McNair from pulling the plug on the Kubiak experiment.

It's sad that a man like Bob McNair has fooled himself into thinking that ONLY when we're 1-15 or 2-14 and the fans are all waving "Fire Kubiak!" signs in the stands during the games that THAT is when he needs to move on.

Right now, McNair ultimately cares about keeping things the way they are. Firing Kubiak would only complicate things. Because Bob runs the risk of making the team worse due to "a rebuilding phase" when what he has right now is at least somewhat tolerable.

He's stringing this out for all it's worth. He's milking the Kubiak cow for as long as he can. In addition, he gets painted by some as being such a loyal, patient man. When in reality, IMO, he's just a business man who likes things to be as predictable and profitable as it can get. If you get something more, then great. If you maintain and keep people int he seats, then that's OK too. But only when he sees half-empty stadiums and the stain of fans wearing paper bags on their heads and a chorus of boos, and the team completely falling apart will Bob McNair make a move.

Because Bob is reactionary, not proactive. And THAT is the exact same thing that Kubiak is. He reacts instead of being proactive. They are a match made in heaven for one another. They share the same gene: Do what you do, minimize volatility and instability, and hope for the best.

Throw in Rick Smith and his penny-pinching contract ways, and it's even worse.

I'm going to go ahead and say it: I hope we lose every game for the rest of the season, and Bob "reacts" by doing what he should have done last year. We need Bob to somehow blindly stumble upon that once-in-a-lifetime head coach that just finds a way to put it together. Whether it happens with the next guy, or the 6th head coach of the Texans, I don't care. But this thing with Kubiak is dead. It's the dog that you think can recover from the sickness, but you know you should just put down for the sake of the dog.

I have never advocated our team losing games on purpose. I am today.

Not even a win next Sunday changes that. Because a win next Sunday only prolongs the sham that is the Kubiak era. Take the kids to grandma's house, grab the pistol, have a few last minutes of petting the dog and telling it you love him, and then do what needs to be done.

It's that simple. At some point, you really DO have to trade these few good times we've had with this Kubiak era and just say "You know what? I'm all for seeing what someone else could do in his place. Good or bad, makes no differenc. A change of scenery is needed."

Do you know what the sporadic success (and it's there) tells me? It tells me that we have some talent and that the systems we have in place on both sides of the ball are at least somewhat viable. This offense (the system) produces results. That's not in question here. This defense, when it goes terribly vanilla can also be somewhat effective. What causes all the problems is the lack of focus and disregard for the basics. Tackling, blocking, "Execution" as Dom Capers would put it. The fact that they're so sloppy and so careless tells me that the players have begun to tune out the coaching. The players will come out and say otherwise but their actions tell another story. They may love playing for Gary but they're not doing what he and his coaches are telling them to do. This staff is losing this teams attention.

Some coaches are good coordinators and not good head coaches. Other coaches can build a team but can't inspire it or lead it anywhere. Some guys are motivators but bad talent evaluators. Coaches come in all kinds of shapes and sizes and colors. This guy (Kubiak) can assemble a team but can't inspire it or take it to the next level. If 5 years of at or around .500 ball don't convince people then I don't know what will.

drewmar74
11-02-2010, 02:12 PM
What was that quote Pukiak said at the beginning of the season? Something about having the team to take the AFC South from the Colts?

Anyone have that handy?

HTown2ATX
11-02-2010, 03:03 PM
@ GP

You should bring back that sig (or avatar, forget which one) that was like team logos in space and the lombardi trophy and way off in the distance was the Texans logo and the dad was telling his son "and way over there is our team"

Lol

You remember what I'm talking about? Think it's time to bust that out.

kiwitexansfan
11-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Just found this on google

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_MN5dmajNFP0/SxSSLz1IImI/AAAAAAAAAlg/zW-MktVsc_g/s640/capers_syndromejpg444-4.jpg

LINK (http://flobbergobber.blogspot.com/2009_11_01_archive.html) to blog its from.

Wolf
11-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Just found this on google

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_MN5dmajNFP0/SxSSLz1IImI/AAAAAAAAAlg/zW-MktVsc_g/s640/capers_syndromejpg444-4.jpg

LINK (http://flobbergobber.blogspot.com/2009_11_01_archive.html) to blog its from.

:spit:

Ranger Tom
11-02-2010, 05:55 PM
I'll put it this way: I'm not breaking out the pink soap quite yet, but I've got the image saved on my computer. There is always a chance, however slight, that this game will be a wake-up call for Kubiak & Co.

But if we don't reach the playoffs with the talent that we have on the field, I may visit Reliant Stadium with a torch in one hand and a pitchfork in the other.

Showtime100
11-02-2010, 06:04 PM
What was that quote Pukiak said at the beginning of the season? Something about having the team to take the AFC South from the Colts?

Anyone have that handy?

Try here. If I had time I gladly would pick through them myself but alas.....

http://www.videosurf.com/gary-kubiak-138676

Texecutioner
11-02-2010, 06:39 PM

Sometimes I wonder if you even watch the Texans after reading your posts. You don't ever seem to be accurate about the things that take place on the field and always go into "spin mode" for Kubiak using every effort possible without any real logic that goes back to football or how this team plays. It just seems that way to me. I wonder if you just enjoy being controversial or something, I dunno, but it just never seems to add up.

DexmanC
11-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Sometimes I wonder if you even watch the Texans after reading your posts. You don't ever seem to be accurate about the things that take place on the field and always go into "spin mode" for Kubiak using every effort possible without any real logic that goes back to football or how this team plays. It just seems that way to me. I wonder if you just enjoy being controversial or something, I dunno, but it just never seems to add up.

I gave up on wasting logic on reading TK's posts a long time ago.

wagonhed
11-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Does anyone know why I can't change my avatar to something custom? I only have the preset options and nowhere to select my own. Help! I'm trying to join the pink soapers.

Oh also I can't change my signature apparently.