View Full Version : The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

houstonspartan
10-10-2010, 09:45 PM
What channel is W. on?

The Movie Channel, West Coast.

steelbtexan
10-10-2010, 09:51 PM
9 yrs of BS football and now McNair/Rootes has turned the tailgatlng police loose on we the season ticket holders.

Going to the game with my wife and getting harrased by crackhead parking attendent/Harold Jerrols. Then going into the game and watching the Kubiak led Texans get their a** kicked was the most fan friendly gameday expierence that my family has expierenced in my 8 yrs of beingf a season ticket holder.

What Harold Jerrols didn't know was F-ing with my wife was the wrong thing to do and I didn't have to say a word. It was much more entertaining than the game.

9 yrs of shi**y football isn't enough now I have the pleasure of my wife asking me why I'm wasting our kids college money on crappy football only to be treaed like ****** in the parking lot (yellow) and I dont have an answer for her.

This doesn't even take into account that my friend who has been a 3 yr season ticket holder but parks at a cash lot on Main was told that he had to basically walk around the stadium to enter. We missed our pregame ritual of 2 beers/BS.

Thanks BoB/Jamey

Looking forward to next week with my wife bitching.

Go Texans

GP
10-10-2010, 09:59 PM
I enjoyed the game today.

I'm to the point where I can stomach a loss, and watch the entire thing from start to finish, as well as I can watch us stomp other teams for a huge win.

At some point, we have to let go and just be a fan. It's going to be interesting to see how this season plays out. Most of the guys out there just looked like zombies to me. Deer-in-the-headlights zombies.

DEFENSE: Our LBers are not shooting gaps. They're playing some sort of half-ass read-and-react crap that is very zone'ish IMO. Antonio Smith is a dumbass. A complete dumbass, btw. He needs to attend Amobi Okoye's football clinics in Nigeria...as a student. Our secondary is so bad, there's no way to describe it in terms suitable for minors to read on here.

OFFENSE:I am amazed Slaton is returning kickoffs. He just finds a pile and runs into them as hard as he can. David Anderson has ZERO YAC ability. Once he catches a pass, he's dead in the water...so why even have him run any sort of route that's going to be 5 yards short of the marker? Schaub jogs away from center after the snap, his throws take five days, he gets balls batted down (because his throws are so slow, it gives time for the d-line to react to it). He doesn't have the it-factor this season..SO FAR, at least.

Our special teams has looked the worst this year that it ever has. Too many penalties.

I applaud the Giants for not losing their cool after their first possession when it looked like they were going to bumble all the way through the game. They recovered and they deserved the win.

DexmanC
10-10-2010, 10:00 PM
Several season ticket holders I know have been cashing in their
tickets for several thousand dollars every game, since the start of the season.
Looks like that trend's gonna continue with home performances like
this one.

DexmanC
10-10-2010, 10:04 PM

I'm to the point where I can stomach a loss, and watch the entire thing from start to finish, as well as I can watch us stomp other teams for a huge win.

At some point, we have to let go and just be a fan. It's going to be interesting to see how this season plays out. Most of the guys out there just looked like zombies to me. Deer-in-the-headlights zombies.

DEFENSE: Our LBers are not shooting gaps. They're playing some sort of half-ass read-and-react crap that is very zone'ish IMO. Antonio Smith is a dumbass. A complete dumbass, btw. He needs to attend Amobi Okoye's football clinics in Nigeria...as a student. Our secondary is so bad, there's no way to describe it in terms suitable for minors to read on here.

OFFENSE:I am amazed Slaton is returning kickoffs. He just finds a pile and runs into them as hard as he can. David Anderson has ZERO YAC ability. Once he catches a pass, he's dead in the water...so why even have him run any sort of route that's going to be 5 yards short of the marker? Schaub jogs away from center after the snap, his throws take five days, he gets balls batted down (because his throws are so slow, it gives time for the d-line to react to it). He doesn't have the it-factor this season..SO FAR, at least.

Our special teams has looked the worst this year that it ever has. Too many penalties.

I applaud the Giants for not losing their cool after their first possession when it looked like they were going to bumble all the way through the game. They recovered and they deserved the win.

The Texans will start playing well after Week 13, when playoff seedings
are being decided, and they are out of the running. They will hit their
second-consecutive 4-0 winning streak to close out the year against teams
waiting for the offseason, or playoff teams resting starters (just like
last year.)

Ckw
10-10-2010, 10:05 PM
I've been watching Houston NFL teams take the field since roughly 1976 now that I think about it. I was 11 then and when I look back my memories are kind of fuzzy and a little biased from general nostalgia and fondness for the time. One thing remains true without any exception and that's the fact that every team I ever watched play football was a direct reflection, for better or worse of it's coach.

Bum Phillips teams weren't sophisticated or exceptionally talented but they never quit and they left everything they had out on the field. Ed Biles teams appeared to lack direction as his tenure went on. Initially they were the same bunch of moderately talented overachievers that Bum Phillips had coached but as the games went by you could tell they lacked a motivator. Hugh Campbell's Oilers were low on both talent and experience and reflected his finesse approach to the game. They were soft and more often than not pushed around all over the field. Jerry Glanville's Oilers were angry, aggressive, and stupid and played dirty football with a chip on their shoulder just like the pompous little midget who led them wanted them to. Jack Pardee took that team and taught them a better version of their offense but never could teach them discipline. In fact I don't think he even tried. His team had the same disoriented look on their faces he had when things didn't go well. Jeff Fisher's Oilers I didn't pay attention to because they were a lame duck and I wasn't putting any money in Bud Adams pocket if I could help it.

Dom Capers Texans were a lot like Hugh Campbell's Oilers. Lacking in talent (on the field and on the sideline) they played simple, boring, unimaginative football that their "mimbo" rookie QB could understand. The first incarnation of the Texans was too stupid to do much of anything without shooting itself in the foot. In one word they looked lost much like a man with more than he can handle on his plate. I think that's an apt description of Dom Capers the Head Coach.

Gary Kubiak's Texans are.... frustrating and hard to figure out. There's something wrong with them on both sides of the ball and they are to a man Gary's guys. Make no mistake, if the team looks good it's on Gary and if the team looks like they did today then that's on Gary too. This is his mess. He picked them, he coaches them, and he tells them what to do. OK, so his coordinators do that last one but he picked those men as well. What you see on the field is a direct reflection of Gary Kubiak and what he's capable of doing. 5 drafts, 5 training camps, 5 shots at free agency are on display this season and there is no single factor that can possibly outweigh the imprint of Gary Kubiak and the job he's done.

We are 3-2 and tied for first place in our division. We went 3-1 in the first quarter of the season. We're 0-1 to start the second. If we enter the bye week at 4-2 and still holding on to a piece of the division lead then much of this will die down. If we slide into our bye week at 3-3 then the two weeks prior to the Colts on Monday Night Football will be filled with howls for Kubiak's head by fans who will have paid to see a 1-3 team at home.

I'm waiting until the Monday night game against the Colts to decide what I think about this bunch.

Stellar post, Herv! Very very well said. I really have nothing to add other than I will rep you if it lets me.

Ckw
10-10-2010, 10:08 PM
9 yrs of BS football and now McNair/Rootes has turned the tailgatlng police loose on we the season ticket holders.

Going to the game with my wife and getting harrased by crackhead parking attendent/Harold Jerrols. Then going into the game and watching the Kubiak led Texans get their a** kicked was the most fan friendly gameday expierence that my family has expierenced in my 8 yrs of beingf a season ticket holder.

What Harold Jerrols didn't know was F-ing with my wife was the wrong thing to do and I didn't have to say a word. It was much more entertaining than the game.

9 yrs of shi**y football isn't enough now I have the pleasure of my wife asking me why I'm wasting our kids college money on crappy football only to be treaed like ****** in the parking lot (yellow) and I dont have an answer for her.

This doesn't even take into account that my friend who has been a 3 yr season ticket holder but parks at a cash lot on Main was told that he had to basically walk around the stadium to enter. We missed our pregame ritual of 2 beers/BS.

Thanks BoB/Jamey

Looking forward to next week with my wife bitching.

Go Texans

If you don't mind me asking, what happened with your wife? How bad was this new policy?

Joe Texan
10-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Pink Soap available at front desk. Here we go this thread is not any good with out you Dumb Arses. We are getting manhandled by the NFC and all is over, fire the coach, how about Andre you catch the ball, or Foster you make yourself look good to the coach so he can have some confidence in our running game, and Defense get your head out of your arse and stop somebody, you looked like a red light in India the way you let Eli Manning school your butts. It is all a team effort and it is not all on the coach. If I was coach we would be moving into the Holiday Inn right now for the next week or longer to get this problem solved. Curfue is at 10 pm and we start at 6 am. And each and every player would be teamed with a fire starter. This can be fixed and Kubiak has the rest of the season to do it regardless how many times you call for his head

GP
10-10-2010, 10:17 PM
Butler sucks berry berry badly, btw. And Winston blew an assignment that you'd expect a 7th round rookie OL make. He just sort of fanned his arms when he saw he got Schaub killed, in a "Golly gosh, how'd that happen?" manner.

This team doesn't play for its coach, IMO. I think they play for themselves. So if they want to take a game off, they will. Looked the same way vs. the Cowboys two weeks ago. Uninspired. At home. Again.

I felt very sorry for any Texans fans who were at the game today. What an awful experience to have to endure. I sit here and pay a few hundred dollars for DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket and I admit that I come away fairly unscathed compared to you guys who go to the the games and pay what you pay.

You guys, IMO, have a right to be angry.

DexmanC
10-10-2010, 10:25 PM
I saw a shot of Joe Texan on TV lookin' mad as hell. He's still backing
Kubiak, though. Don't know what's in that Kool-Aid, but this team
could just TANK and Kubiak would STILL have people fighting for
him to keep his job.

GuerillaBlack
10-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Pink Soap available at front desk. Here we go this thread is not any good with out you Dumb Arses. We are getting manhandled by the NFC and all is over, fire the coach, how about Andre you catch the ball, or Foster you make yourself look good to the coach so he can have some confidence in our running game, and Defense get your head out of your arse and stop somebody, you looked like a red light in India the way you let Eli Manning school your butts. It is all a team effort and it is not all on the coach. If I was coach we would be moving into the Holiday Inn right now for the next week or longer to get this problem solved. Curfue is at 10 pm and we start at 6 am. And each and every player would be teamed with a fire starter. This can be fixed and Kubiak has the rest of the season to do it regardless how many times you call for his head

Did you watch the same game I watched? Foster had no where to run to. How about Kubiak have his team ready to play?

GP
10-10-2010, 10:28 PM

Let's go in order:

1. AJ is obviously still not 100%. God bless him for trying, but he's (a) not able to do much out there for long stretches of time, and (b) not really fooling the defense each week he's out there and still not 100%. And (c) outside of AJ, there's no playmaker to open it up for the other guys.

2. I don't blame Arian Foster. I blame someone (Kubiak or Dennison, or both of 'em) for abandoning the running game so soon. It's as if we're jumping ship if Foster doesn't gain 100 yards in the first 10 minutes of the game. Where was a draw play? I never saw one. How many screen passes for our RBs today? I counted maybe 1 that was botched SEVERELY because of slow-poke Schaub moonwalking after the snap instead of running FAST.

3. Gurry Kubiak is NOT, and I repeat NOT, going to do what Joe Texan would do. These guys think they eat, sleep, and breathe football. They have their heads in a darkened office watching film and doing all kinds of crap to manage the daily horsecrap they gotta' maintain. This isn't 1954, Joe. You don't just pack up the kids and head down to Marfa, TX and make them run bear crawls in 100-degree weather in the sand dunes. Go watch the Junction Boys again, and get this out of your system already.

4. This may or may not get " fixed" this year, Joe. At this point, I don't really care. We're going to win some. We're going to lose some. Can we win enough to make the playoffs? And even if we did, could we BEAT a playoff team? I doubt it. Hence, it doesn't really matter even if we find a way to make the playoffs.

All of us should just enjoy whatever in the heck we get. Because it's what you're gonna' get if you want to say a Texans fan. Watch us play like crap. Watch us play real good. But in the end, we are going to be watching in some form or fashion.

So, yeah..I sort of agree with you (to a point)...but I don't necessarily sign off on everything you just said.

BTW, nice blue facepaint today. Saw you in a crowd shot, and I thought it really looked nice on you. Not exactly the same Texans steel blue color, but I give you props for the effort.

Ckw
10-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Let's go in order:

1. AJ is obviously still not 100%. God bless him for trying, but he's (a) not able to do much out there for long stretches of time, and (b) not really fooling the defense each week he's out there and still not 100%. And (c) outside of AJ, there's no playmaker to open it up for the other guys.

2. I don't blame Arian Foster. I blame someone (Kubiak or Dennison, or both of 'em) for abandoning the running game so soon. It's as if we're jumping ship if Foster doesn't gain 100 yards in the first 10 minutes of the game. Where was a draw play? I never saw one. How many screen passes for our RBs today? I counted maybe 1 that was botched SEVERELY because of slow-poke Schaub moonwalking after the snap instead of running FAST.

3. Gurry Kubiak is NOT, and I repeat NOT, going to do what Joe Texan would do. These guys think they eat, sleep, and breathe football. They have their heads in a darkened office watching film and doing all kinds of crap to manage the daily horsecrap they gotta' maintain. This isn't 1954, Joe. You don't just pack up the kids and head down to Marfa, TX and make them run bear crawls in 100-degree weather in the sand dunes. Go watch the Junction Boys again, and get this out of your system already.

4. This may or may not get " fixed" this year, Joe. At this point, I don't really care. We're going to win some. We're going to lose some. Can we win enough to make the playoffs? And even if we did, could we BEAT a playoff team? I doubt it. Hence, it doesn't really matter even if we find a way to make the playoffs.

All of us should just enjoy whatever in the heck we get. Because it's what you're gonna' get if you want to say a Texans fan. Watch us play like crap. Watch us play real good. But in the end, we are going to be watching in some form or fashion.

So, yeah..I sort of agree with you (to a point)...but I don't necessarily sign off on everything you just said.

BTW, nice blue facepaint today. Saw you in a crowd shot, and I thought it really looked nice on you. Not exactly the same Texans steel blue color, but I give you props for the effort.

Thanks for saving me the time, GP. Rep to you if possible.

steelbtexan
10-10-2010, 10:36 PM
I've been watching Houston NFL teams take the field since roughly 1976 now that I think about it. I was 11 then and when I look back my memories are kind of fuzzy and a little biased from general nostalgia and fondness for the time. One thing remains true without any exception and that's the fact that every team I ever watched play football was a direct reflection, for better or worse of it's coach.

Bum Phillips teams weren't sophisticated or exceptionally talented but they never quit and they left everything they had out on the field. Ed Biles teams appeared to lack direction as his tenure went on. Initially they were the same bunch of moderately talented overachievers that Bum Phillips had coached but as the games went by you could tell they lacked a motivator. Hugh Campbell's Oilers were low on both talent and experience and reflected his finesse approach to the game. They were soft and more often than not pushed around all over the field. Jerry Glanville's Oilers were angry, aggressive, and stupid and played dirty football with a chip on their shoulder just like the pompous little midget who led them wanted them to. Jack Pardee took that team and taught them a better version of their offense but never could teach them discipline. In fact I don't think he even tried. His team had the same disoriented look on their faces he had when things didn't go well. Jeff Fisher's Oilers I didn't pay attention to because they were a lame duck and I wasn't putting any money in Bud Adams pocket if I could help it.

Dom Capers Texans were a lot like Hugh Campbell's Oilers. Lacking in talent (on the field and on the sideline) they played simple, boring, unimaginative football that their "mimbo" rookie QB could understand. The first incarnation of the Texans was too stupid to do much of anything without shooting itself in the foot. In one word they looked lost much like a man with more than he can handle on his plate. I think that's an apt description of Dom Capers the Head Coach.

Gary Kubiak's Texans are.... frustrating and hard to figure out. There's something wrong with them on both sides of the ball and they are to a man Gary's guys. Make no mistake, if the team looks good it's on Gary and if the team looks like they did today then that's on Gary too. This is his mess. He picked them, he coaches them, and he tells them what to do. OK, so his coordinators do that last one but he picked those men as well. What you see on the field is a direct reflection of Gary Kubiak and what he's capable of doing. 5 drafts, 5 training camps, 5 shots at free agency are on display this season and there is no single factor that can possibly outweigh the imprint of Gary Kubiak and the job he's done.

We are 3-2 and tied for first place in our division. We went 3-1 in the first quarter of the season. We're 0-1 to start the second. If we enter the bye week at 4-2 and still holding on to a piece of the division lead then much of this will die down. If we slide into our bye week at 3-3 then the two weeks prior to the Colts on Monday Night Football will be filled with howls for Kubiak's head by fans who will have paid to see a 1-3 team at home.

I'm waiting until the Monday night game against the Colts to decide what I think about this bunch.

As a fan that has watched Houston football since 1970. You are spot on.

I will also wait until after the Colts game to see how the season goes. Thanks for putting into words what I am unabl to say. I wish I could rep you.

Do the Texans seem a little Oilerish too you?

The fan expierence aside (which was pathetic) I cant stand the arrogance of this team.

thunderkyss
10-10-2010, 10:36 PM

At some point, we have to let go and just be a fan. It's going to be interesting to see how this season plays out.

That's where I was last year. We played damn good football last year, even in our losses (I thought).

our two losses this year... we didn't even show up

ON OFFENSE.

The butt whup'n wouldn't have been so bad if we could have been treated to a little beast mode ala AJ or even Foster.

Hervoyel
10-10-2010, 10:47 PM

I will also wait until after the Colts game to see how the season goes. Thanks for putting into words what I am unabl to say. I wish I could rep you.

The fan expierence aside (which was pathetic) I cant stand the arrogance of this team.

Yeah they do, but not "good Oilerish". They remind me of the latter Oilers, the Run & Shoot Oilers. That's probably because we keep hearing how we've got so much talent now compared to when Kubiak got here. I look at these Texans and I see a bunch of talent that can't play consistently. I see a coaching staff that's never been able to drag these guys (kicking and screaming if necessary) to a point where they really can execute on a consistent basis.

They quit from time to time. They take plays off and they tend to lose their composure when adversity hits. They talk a big game and say the right things but they play down to bad opponents and get manhandled by really good physical teams.

They commit a lot of penalties in "worst possible moment" situations.

The Moon era Oilers were a finesse team, The Kubiak Texans are a finesse team. Both had their gimmicky approach to offense (Run and Shoot versus Zone Blocking).

steelbtexan
10-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Yeah they do, but not "good Oilerish". They remind me of the latter Oilers, the Run & Shoot Oilers. That's probably because we keep hearing how we've got so much talent now compared to when Kubiak got here. I look at these Texans and I see a bunch of talent that can't play consistently. I see a coaching staff that's never been able to drag these guys (kicking and screaming if necessary) to a point where they really can execute on a consistent basis.

They quit from time to time. They take plays off and they tend to lose their composure when adversity hits. They talk a big game and say the right things but they play down to bad opponents and get manhandled by really good physical teams.

They commit a lot of penalties in "worst possible moment" situations.

The Moon era Oilers were a finesse team, The Kubiak Texans are a finesse team. Both had their gimmicky approach to offense (Run and Shoot versus Zone Blocking).

Glad too know I'm not crazy.

These were the same things I thought I was seeing. LOL

Give me a tough team over a gimmicky team any day.

Pretty is pretty except when it isn't.

DexmanC
10-10-2010, 11:02 PM

Huge detail here. I'd rather watch a bad team that gave me 60 minutes
of blood, sweat, and tears, than this bunch we have here who thinks they
own the building just by "showing up."

This team doesn't INSPIRE fan loyalty, because they don't return what the
fans give THEM. This ain't the Oilers, and they should not be placed into
the same category. The Texans have NOT yet earned the Houston fanbase.

steelbtexan
10-10-2010, 11:23 PM

Cant rep you

But I dont think uncle BoB understands this.

One day he will. IMHO

Poor Aggies...........

LOL

HJam72
10-10-2010, 11:23 PM
What I see is things that don't make any since.

I could be wrong and won't bother to check it out, but it seems that teams in the NFC East just have noticeably bigger linemen than we are used to facing. I THINK that is part of the problem.

Otherwise, I go back to my first sentence. Schaub looks like he's in slow motion....both his body movements and his thrown passes. Most notably to me, I see people dropping passes and tosses that I could catch with one hand and I am not an athlete... I saw the best WR in the WORLD drop several passes that hit BOTH his hands and were definitely NOT thrown too hard for ANYBODY. I saw Foster drop a shovel-ish pass that hit both his freaking hands too. I WANT THE NFL TO TELL ME RIGHT FREAKING NOW, ARE THE GAMES RIGGED or are these people drugged or what? You're paying guys like $20,000 a play and they cant catch a 10 ft. toss? I can understand one pro athlete kicking another ones butt in muscle to muscle competition, but you got mult-millionaire, best-in-the-world WIDE-RECEIVERS for crying out loud that can't catch a Schaub slow-motion pass????? What, is it too freaking slow for them???

Slaton just runs into a pile like....who gives a F&*)&?

Schaub is what....on valium?

I saw the Giants out-muscle and strength the Texans at the LOS, but I also saw a LOT of ridiculous BULLCRAP. I think McNair should sue or whatever for almost every player's game check. They didn't play....they just showed up and....what, enjoyed whatever buzz they were on???

Dear NFL, if you are faking it, you need to fake it better. The WWF, etc. look more realistic. Wrestlers don't just forget for an occasional day how to perform most of their moves....or how to stand up and walk....or breathe without....what?....spontaneously choking yourself? You expect me to believe that Schaub could outperform (at least statistically) Peyton Manning last year and now, this sudden Sunday, he is molasses Matt? or that AJ can't catch multiple slow-motion passes because, what.....it screws him up when they hit both of his hands?

Dear Texans players, F&*( you. Get off whatever you're smoking right before some of your games and try to use like....a whole 3% of your brains. KJ, TRY to cover somebody. Just try. You might like it....dumba##. LBs, you have how much talent? Well....D*(), do something besides trying to look muscular while the plays occur. Antonio, whoever said it in this thread is right....you're a dumba##. Sorry, it's just true. YOU GUYS JUST DECIDED TO TAKE ANOTHER WHOLE GAME OFF, AND YES, I SAID IT, F*&( YOU FOR THAT. You didn't even put one tenth the effort you should have into PRETENDING that you were trying. Mr. Commissioner, make these morons pretend they are trying...

thunderkyss
10-10-2010, 11:36 PM
I saw Foster drop a shovel-ish pass that hit both his freaking hands too.

You're right about this. I'm giving Schaub a hard time, because he isn't extending drives, & making things happen.

This tells me that he's trying, & it's not all on him.... thanks.

spurstexanstros
10-10-2010, 11:36 PM

this is why there is only one Joe Texan...this is a manstallion of posts. rest of you doubters got served.

Are we going to get this crap after every loss? Schaub had a bad game, foster had a bad game and shocker our young secondary (which we knew was weak from day 1) had another bad game. The Texans are on their best start ever , like joe said we need to calm down over a non conferance loss, As we all discussed ad nauseum ITS ALL ABOUT THE DIVISION. this team is built to beat the teams in our division. If this crap still happens when we play Jax, Indy or Tenn then concern is warrented. All the Texans need is 4 more division wins to get into the playoffs. if the Texans go 5-1 or 4-2 in the AFC South they win division and are in the playoffs. records against nfc teams are third on tie breaker. so the Texans need to take care of their business in the AFC South.

Until they start doing this against Afc south team..step off the ledge.

Norg
10-10-2010, 11:39 PM
and the AFC u know justin case LOL

at that means "Try" and beat teh

Chargers
Ravens
Jets

imatexan
10-10-2010, 11:39 PM

The Texans earned the fanbase when they put the word HOUSTON in front of it.

As long as they play in Houston I will be a fan.

beerlover
10-10-2010, 11:41 PM
this is why there is only one Joe Texan...this is a manstallion of posts. rest of you doubters got served.

Are we going to get this crap after every loss? Schaub had a bad game, foster had a bad game and shocker our young secondary (which we knew was weak from day 1) had another bad game. The Texans are on their best start ever , like joe said we need to calm down over a non conferance loss, As we all discussed ad nauseum ITS ALL ABOUT THE DIVISION. this team is built to beat the teams in our division. If this crap still happens when we play Jax, Indy or Tenn then concern is warrented. All the Texans need is 4 more division wins to get into the playoffs. if the Texans go 5-1 or 4-2 in the AFC South they win division and are in the playoffs. records against nfc teams are third on tie breaker. so the Texans need to take care of their business in the AFC South.

Texans young secondary had two picks, where was the rest of the D? no pass rush, poor in run support etc. not to mention penalty after penalty. poor preperation there is no excuse 5th week into the season @ home against a team your favored to beat. that was an ass whoop'en :kingkong:

Mr. White
10-10-2010, 11:54 PM
It's not just the NFC East that has our number. It's pretty much any team that plays physical.

The scouting report on Kubiak's Texans from DAY FVC<ING ONEhas been to punch em in the mouth early and they don't come back from it.

You think Kubiak would have an answer after 5 years of this shit. Apparently he doesn't. He's as clueless on how to play smash-mouth teams as he was in 2006 when he started.

bckey
10-11-2010, 12:04 AM

I will also wait until after the Colts game to see how the season goes. .

I have been watching Houston football all my life and I turn 50 next month. My dad used to get free tickets when he worked at GAF next door to the Houston Post. Yes Herv you ARE spot on. But I won't wait until after the Colts game to see how the season goes. Unless the Texans make a really good pickup in the secondary via free agency or trade this team is not going anywhere.

There is another thread on here that shows that the Texans are on course to set an all time record as the worst pass defense EVER. And that even takes into consideration they improve a little bit over the 1st 5 games. You can see teams now game planning against Kareem Jackson and our safeties. It will not stop until the Texans figure out how to fix the huge leak(s) that is in our secondary. This is the NFL.

Look at our remaining schedule.

Kansas City Chiefs
Bye
@ Indianapolis Colts
San Diego Chargers
@ Jacksonville Jaguars
@ New York Jets
Tennessee Titans
@ Philadelphia Eagles
Baltimore Ravens
@ Tennessee Titans
@ Denver Broncos
Jacksonville Jaguars

I think away losses are likely at Indy, Philly and Titans. Denver and Jacksonville are toss ups. I think home losses are likely to the Chargers and Ravens. The Chiefs, Titans and Jacksonville are toss ups. I just don't see any better than 8-8 possibly 9-7 but more likely 7-9. Anybody that can pass can beat us. San Diego will slaughter us with Gates. The Jags might do the same with Lewis. Remember Vernon Davis last year when our defense was better? I'm just not optimistic if the Texans don't aquire some kind of help. What sucks is this puts us 1 year behind if all this leads to a coaching change. Should have done it last year imho.

Mr. White
10-11-2010, 12:06 AM

Sounds like Ol' JT has you fetching his cigarettes for him.

When he turns his pants pocket inside-out.... are you able to hang onto it? Seems like the Cheetos crumbs might make it slippery.

thunderkyss
10-11-2010, 12:08 AM
I'm just not optimistic if the Texans don't aquire some kind of help. What sucks is this puts us 1 year behind if all this leads to a coaching change. Should have done it last year imho.

True... True.

HJam72
10-11-2010, 12:16 AM

Really? Cuz we don't. Last year we won 1 game in our division. We are a whopping 2-14 against the Colts, who we are built to beat? Yes, we beat them last time. I'm not convinced we won't lose the next 5 divisional games is a row...

You know what?, I think we're built to beat the Raiders, Cardinals, and Longhorns...

vtech9
10-11-2010, 12:40 AM
I have several problems with today's game. Here are a few of them:

1) When Schaub rolls out, he needs to get rid of the ball a lot quicker. I remember one play specifically when he rolled out to the right and Dreessen was coming across towards the sideline in front of Schaub. Instead of throwing it when Dreessen was open, and giving him a chance to make a play, Schaub held onto the ball until it was too late, and then threw it away. He made several similar plays today. He just seemed very slow in his reactions today.

2) Steve Slaton should not be returning kicks. He is terrible back there. I would rather see David Anderson returning kicks than Slaton, and Anderson shouldn't be returning punts or kicks either, which brings me to #....

3) David Anderson should not be returning Punts. He doesn't seem to track the ball very well in the air, and doesn't do much with it after he catches. it. It's days like this that I really miss J. J. Moses.

4) TheTexans are trying to get pressure on the QB with the front four, and aren't very effective. Since they are not putting much pressure on the QB, they are putting the secondary under extraordinary pressure.

5) Our secondary is young, and very inexperienced, so it looks like the DC is trying to protect them by playing a lot of zone. Because of this, even average QB's are able to pick them apart. On the few times that the Texans sent an extra man, and were able to put pressure on Manning, we were able to force a couple turnovers. I guess what I'm saying here is the Texans should blitz more. Combined with more blitzing, the Texans should run more Man-to-Man. The CB's are young, so put them out on an island, and make them prove that they deserve to be there. If they are playing hard and get beat, well, that's a learning experience for them. As it is, they are so far off the WRs that they are unable to make a play.

6) regarding #'s 4 & 5....This is a DC issue. From what I am seeing, the DC is not putting the guys in the positions to make plays. It looks as if he wants to play it safe isntead of letting the kids do what they were drafted to do. This doesn't instill any confidence in the team, and in all actuallity, it has more of a negative effect on the psyche of the players, because it make them think that their coaches don't believe in their abilities. This is a bad thing. I believe you should put these young CB's out on an island and let them either sink or swim. If they can't cut it, you find someone else who can. The thing is, you won't know if they can handle it until you make them try.

****At what point do you fire the DC?

HJam72
10-11-2010, 12:44 AM
I got it!

They are not game-planning for NFC teams. They have been studying the Chiefs all week!

Brilliant!

I-D-I-O-T-S

imatexan
10-11-2010, 01:05 AM
I have been watching Houston football all my life and I turn 50 next month. My dad used to get free tickets when he worked at GAF next door to the Houston Post. Yes Herv you ARE spot on. But I won't wait until after the Colts game to see how the season goes. Unless the Texans make a really good pickup in the secondary via free agency or trade this team is not going anywhere.

There is another thread on here that shows that the Texans are on course to set an all time record as the worst pass defense EVER. And that even takes into consideration they improve a little bit over the 1st 5 games. You can see teams now game planning against Kareem Jackson and our safeties. It will not stop until the Texans figure out how to fix the huge leak(s) that is in our secondary. This is the NFL.

Look at our remaining schedule.

Kansas City Chiefs
Bye
@ Indianapolis Colts
San Diego Chargers
@ Jacksonville Jaguars
@ New York Jets
Tennessee Titans
@ Philadelphia Eagles
Baltimore Ravens
@ Tennessee Titans
@ Denver Broncos
Jacksonville Jaguars

I think away losses are likely at Indy, Philly and Titans. Denver and Jacksonville are toss ups. I think home losses are likely to the Chargers and Ravens. The Chiefs, Titans and Jacksonville are toss ups. I just don't see any better than 8-8 possibly 9-7 but more likely 7-9. Anybody that can pass can beat us. San Diego will slaughter us with Gates. The Jags might do the same with Lewis. Remember Vernon Davis last year when our defense was better? I'm just not optimistic if the Texans don't aquire some kind of help. What sucks is this puts us 1 year behind if all this leads to a coaching change. Should have done it last year imho.

I have been complaining as much as anyone about how bad our CB's are but to say we can't beat a team with a good passer is a bit off I think.

Would you not consider Peyton Manning or Donovan Mcnabb good passers?

houstonspartan
10-11-2010, 01:06 AM
What sucks is this puts us 1 year behind if all this leads to a coaching change. Should have done it last year imho.

This is what I was saying way back in January. We should have made the switch then, and this year would have been our new coach's transition year. Unlike a lot of fans, I'm not afraid of taking a step back to make a huge leap forward. Too many fans are terrifed of any other coach coming in here, and the team going backwards. There is a chance that a new coach could move us FORWARD as well.

We will see. There's still plenty of season for Kubiak to prove me wrong. I honestly hope he does.

Joe Texan
10-11-2010, 01:11 AM
Face paint was from miller light and was great taste, less filling. If this team cannot be coached like the old days then they can't be coached. I say they run then from 7 am till lunch and then run till 6 pm every day this week, we might not learn much but we will not get that winded look we had today.

bckey
10-11-2010, 01:29 AM
I have been complaining as much as anyone about how bad our CB's are but to say we can't beat a team with a good passer is a bit off I think.

Would you not consider Peyton Manning or Donovan Mcnabb good passers?

The Texans played their best game against Indy and beat them with the running game. Manning will feast on our secondary in Indy. Our secondary has now been exposed and every team on our schedule knows about it. The Texans were really lucky to beat Washington. McNabb had a good day against us and could have easily won if Schaub hadn't had his one good passing game so far to keep us in it along with Foster. As the season rolls on it will only get worse if Kubiak and Bush don't figure out a way to fix it. Thats just the way it is in the NFL. If something works teams will use it against you until you show them you can stop it.

imatexan
10-11-2010, 01:53 AM
The Texans played their best game against Indy and beat them with the running game. Manning will feast on our secondary in Indy. Our secondary has now been exposed and every team on our schedule knows about it. The Texans were really lucky to beat Washington. McNabb had a good day against us and could have easily won if Schaub hadn't had his one good passing game so far to keep us in it along with Foster. As the season rolls on it will only get worse if Kubiak and Bush don't figure out a way to fix it. Thats just the way it is in the NFL. If something works teams will use it against you until you show them you can stop it.

I am re-watching the game rite now and I almost agree with you..our secondary and particularly Kareem Jackson are so bad it is painful to watch.

I still think we CAN beat pretty much any team with the team we have rite now, despite a terrible secondary.
Yes they need to improve A LOT or we need to make some FA move/trade if we want to make a deep playoff run but overall this is still a dangerous team.

Hookem Horns
10-11-2010, 02:19 AM
You know what?, I think we're built to beat the Raiders, Cardinals, and Longhorns...

We lost to them on MNF last season. Actually we lost to the Raider and Cardinals too.

Txn_in_Oki
10-11-2010, 02:54 AM
Woke up this morning and saw the 3d quarter score was 24-10 and I fell back asleep thinking they may pull it out. Yeah ,well... not so much.

I'm not judging until we have more Division games. I will say that the first two wins gave a lot of people hope for a great season that may be unwarranted, myself included.

You can never judge a team on the first few weeks of a season.

thunderkyss
10-11-2010, 04:24 AM
I am re-watching the game rite now and I almost agree with you..our secondary and particularly Kareem Jackson are so bad it is painful to watch.

I still think we CAN beat pretty much any team with the team we have rite now, despite a terrible secondary.
Yes they need to improve A LOT or we need to make some FA move/trade if we want to make a deep playoff run but overall this is still a dangerous team.

Our pass coverage sucks, I'm not saying any different.

But we had 6 possessions in the first half, and put up 3 points.

No one thought our defense was going to win games for us.

If we had scored on just half of those possessions (two touchdowns in addition to our one field goal) this is a different game. We go into halftime, down 24-17.

We held them to 10 points in the second half. We had 6 possessions in the second half, we should have scored on half of them. Add another 10 points, and we're talking 34-34.

Forget the ifs... don't make a big deal, that I said if & should have.. forget about the defense.

We scored 10 points at home, & couldn't move the ball. That's the point.

We're talking about no pressure on the QB, I'm watching this game a second time, & I'm seeing plenty of pressure. I'm seeing a QB who holds his schitz together under pressure & makes things happen, receivers who work to their QB when things go wrong.

Then I watch our QB who is looking for the first opportunity to throw it away.

We're talking about our poor secondary, guess what, every other team has been able to exploit the Giants secondary... the Titans exploited the Giants secondary, just like they exploited the Cowboys secondary.

I think our defense is getting better. It's just too hard to see, when your offense goes 3 & out the majority of the time.

thunderkyss
10-11-2010, 04:31 AM
I'm rewatching the game right now. 3rd & 10 @ 10:21 remaining in the 4th Qtr. Matt waits until AJ is halfway across the field on a crossing route to throw the ball his direction. AJ really has no shot at catching this ball. The clock stops at 10:15, but there is a flag on the play.

They show Schaub walking back to the sideline & you can see (by the look on his face) when Matt realizes there is a penalty. He's got this, "Awe shit, you mean I can't go sit on the sidelines now" look on his face, & it's pathetic.

Lucky for him, NY declined the penalty.

DexmanC
10-11-2010, 04:35 AM
I wouldn't put too much stock in holding them to 10 points in the second
half. The Giants clearly switched to a ball control offense after the
second interception. The Texans had no answer, in any phase of the game,
for the physicality of the Giants.

thunderkyss
10-11-2010, 04:38 AM
I wouldn't put too much stock in holding them to 10 points in the second
half. The Giants clearly switched to a ball control offense after the
second interception. The Texans had no answer, in any phase of the game,
for the physicality of the Giants.

I don't believe that. We came out punching them in the mouth to start the third Qtr.

DexmanC
10-11-2010, 04:50 AM
I don't believe that. We came out punching them in the mouth to start the third Qtr.

After Eli threw his second pick, the Giants went back to Ball Control offense
and ran the clock out. The Texans offense STILL couldn't move the ball.
Special teams, without Jacoby, could not spark ANYBODY.

Thorn
10-11-2010, 05:55 AM
The Texans earned the fanbase when they put the word HOUSTON in front of it.

As long as they play in Houston I will be a fan.

This is where I'm at as well, but it doesn't keep me from bitching about them. When the Oilers left town, I no longer cared about them. If the Texans leave town, the same there. As long as the Texans are a Houston team I'll always have them on my TV whether I'm cursing them or happy with them.

Football teams from Houston are just ill-fated it seems. Someone needs to hire a witch doctor or perform an exorcism or something.

DexmanC
10-11-2010, 05:59 AM
This is where I'm at as well, but it doesn't keep me from bitching about them. When the Oilers left town, I no longer cared about them. If the Texans leave town, the same there. As long as the Texans are a Houston team I'll always have them on my TV whether I'm cursing them or happy with them.

Football teams from Houston are just ill-fated it seems. Someone needs to hire a witch doctor or perform an exorcism or something.

I just think the owners hire too many nice guys down here. Must be
something in the barbecue sauce.

Kaiser Toro
10-11-2010, 08:38 AM

Gary's guys? These are Gary's Kids, and this thread makes me feel like I am annually contributing to a Labor Day Telethon that will spawn no cure.

The1ApplePie
10-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Has Kubes gone into "Skinny Wade Phillips" territory yet?

bckey
10-11-2010, 12:19 PM
One thing I noticed in this game was the refs called a penalty on almost every single punt and kickoff. It was crazy. It didn't effect the outcome of the game but it did stick out to me as being extreme. I didn't care too much for that particular referee crew. On another note I also got tired of hearing Hakeem Nicks name. It was like sandlot football for Eli and Hakeem. Our secondary is so bad it is embarrassing. I still get a sense that it can be fixed to some degree with better schemes. Not saying they would suddenly shutdown everyone but at least close enough to an opposing receiver to be in position to make an effort to break up the play or make the tackle after the catch. Players just look like they are lost and confused and end up leaving guys wide open. Bush may not make it through the year if the Texans continue down the path as being the worst pass defense in NFL history. Nah, Kubiak and McNair are loyal to a fault.

DexmanC
10-11-2010, 02:41 PM
When your opponent continues to throw the ball with a 17 point lead,
and 10 minutes left in the game, you have a SORRY secondary. They
don't respect you AT ALL. They even got a touchdown out of it, to
Steve Smith.

spurstexanstros
10-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Really? Cuz we don't. Last year we won 1 game in our division. We are a whopping 2-14 against the Colts, who we are built to beat? Yes, we beat them last time. I'm not convinced we won't lose the next 5 divisional games is a row...

Well so far this year we are 1-0 against our division and like I said in my post. If we play like that against teams in our division or conference then worry. I am waiting to see how they bounce back from this loss and how they want to go into the bye a 4-2 team or 3-3. I am not pushing panic button yet.

GP
10-11-2010, 11:43 PM
I noticed lots of times where our guys on defense are turning to each other, waving arms at each other, running to one spot and then realizing it's the wrong spot, and generally BARELY getting to a spot before the snap.

We had no clue, from a coaching standpoint to a player standpoint, what to do against the Giants offense.

When, all along, it was fairly obvious that all they were doing was throwing to Nicks on the sideline and/or Bradshaw out in the flats. Yet there was zero adjustment made by our coaches.

There's gotta' be something going on that we don't know about. There has to be some sort of shift within the staff and/or players that has got this group divided and easy prey.

They did not look like this last year. The rush defense was porous but that soon stopped. This thing, now, is just growing worse and worse as each week passes.

NFC East teams are devouring us like chicken wings. Whereas the NFC West teams (Rams, Cardinals, Seahawks, 49ers) were soft, these NFC East teams are big, nasty road graders in the trenches. Just as we try to be built for stopping the Colts, it appears the NFC East teams are built to collide head-on with one another every year...and we just got in the way of the brawl.

Anyone else get that feeling? Like we just accidentally entered a really really bad bar fight between very large men with a high pain tolerance? "Excuse me, coming through, pardon me, uhh..ackk! What are you doing? NO! Oh dear God, please stop! Uggh. Ouch! Hey, that's not legal! Uumpph! Someone call 9-1-1! I'm one of Gary's kids! I'm a minor, he doesn't even know I'm here!!!"

DexmanC
10-12-2010, 01:16 AM
I noticed lots of times where our guys on defense are turning to each other, waving arms at each other, running to one spot and then realizing it's the wrong spot, and generally BARELY getting to a spot before the snap.

We had no clue, from a coaching standpoint to a player standpoint, what to do against the Giants offense.

When, all along, it was fairly obvious that all they were doing was throwing to Nicks on the sideline and/or Bradshaw out in the flats. Yet there was zero adjustment made by our coaches.

There's gotta' be something going on that we don't know about. There has to be some sort of shift within the staff and/or players that has got this group divided and easy prey.

They did not look like this last year. The rush defense was porous but that soon stopped. This thing, now, is just growing worse and worse as each week passes.

NFC East teams are devouring us like chicken wings. Whereas the NFC West teams (Rams, Cardinals, Seahawks, 49ers) were soft, these NFC East teams are big, nasty road graders in the trenches. Just as we try to be built for stopping the Colts, it appears the NFC East teams are built to collide head-on with one another every year...and we just got in the way of the brawl.

Anyone else get that feeling? Like we just accidentally entered a really really bad bar fight between very large men with a high pain tolerance? "Excuse me, coming through, pardon me, uhh..ackk! What are you doing? NO! Oh dear God, please stop! Uggh. Ouch! Hey, that's not legal! Uumpph! Someone call 9-1-1! I'm one of Gary's kids! I'm a minor, he doesn't even know I'm here!!!"

What you're describing, is when the defense quit playing for Richard Smith.
Wait for the players to drop the "We just run what's called" line, and you'll
have your answer.

K_Jizzle....
10-13-2010, 08:01 AM
Man, I think it time for the Coach to go and the especially the Defensive Coordinator. We have a good front four and good linbackers but the DB's suck (Not Pollard). So with all the talent we have there is no excuse why we are last in defense. We don't blitz, no stunts, no linebacker blitz. We just play regular defense and get no pressure on the Quarterback. We need coaches that are defensive minded. Offense will be ok. But Defense is what wins CHAMPIONSHIPS........

awtysst
10-13-2010, 08:04 AM
Man, I think it time for the Coach to go and the especially the Defensive Coordinator. We have a good front four and good linbackers but the DB's suck (Not Pollard). So with all the talent we have there is no excuse why we are last in defense. We don't blitz, no stunts, no linebacker blitz. We just play regular defense and get no pressure on the Quarterback. We need coaches that are defensive minded. Offense will be ok. But Defense is what wins CHAMPIONSHIPS........

Ok, Who would you replace them with? Its easy to say they should be fired, but its not so easy to come up with any solid replacements. There is a reason NFL coaches don't get fired in the middle of the season.

Dutchrudder
10-13-2010, 09:36 AM
You idi0ts can't wait until we have a losing record to pull out the pink soap? C'mon guys...

houstonspartan
10-13-2010, 11:34 AM
You idi0ts can't wait until we have a losing record to pull out the pink soap? C'mon guys...

Uh, no, idi0t.

No one "WANTS" to lose. I have not seen anyone say that they are rooting for a losing season. Most of us want to win, and want to win with KUBIAK.

What we are saying, however, is that some of us are not convinced that that is possible. If Kubiak takes us to the playoffs and beyond, I will HAPPILY eat crow and praise him. If he stinks it up, he will be criticized.

That's how it works.

Double Barrel
10-13-2010, 12:02 PM

I still think that Reliant/Astrodome are built on ancient Indian burial grounds or a nuclear waste dump or something equally disturbing.

Case in point: the Astros did nothing spectacular until they moved to Enron/Minutemaid, and then finally made it to a WS.

The Oilers history is well known, and that franchise never made it to the big dance until they left the Astrodome for Hillbillyville.

The Texans...8+ seasons and counting before they do anything...anything at all...anything worth even mentioning....still counting...

I second that motion for an exorcism!!

Dutchrudder
10-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Uh, no, idi0t.

No one "WANTS" to lose. I have not seen anyone say that they are rooting for a losing season. Most of us want to win, and want to win with KUBIAK.

Yeah, I'm sure you love Kubiak a whole lot, just enough not to ask for him to be fired after 4 games. You gave him 5, good for you, lol...

Firing coaches mid-season works in baseball and sometimes basketball because the seasons last so long. In the NFL, there's really no point in removing a head coach mid-season because there won't be enough time for him to change anything significantly enough to turn the team around.

What we are saying, however, is that some of us are not convinced that that is possible. If Kubiak takes us to the playoffs and beyond, I will HAPPILY eat crow and praise him. If he stinks it up, he will be criticized.

That's how it works.

The team is 3-2, so how about waiting until they have a losing record before saying the Texans can't win with Kubiak?

Mr. White
10-13-2010, 12:35 PM
Yeah, I'm sure you love Kubiak a whole lot, just enough not to ask for him to be fired after 4 games. You gave him 5, good for you, lol...

Firing coaches mid-season works in baseball and sometimes basketball because the seasons last so long. In the NFL, there's really no point in removing a head coach mid-season because there won't be enough time for him to change anything significantly enough to turn the team around.

I don't think anyone's advocating for him to be replaced during the middle of the season.

The team is 3-2, so how about waiting until they have a losing record before saying the Texans can't win with Kubiak?

The record isn't all that impressive considering who we beat. I expect us to get embarrassed again when we play the Ravens and Jets. The fact of the matter is that he's had 5 years and hasn't been able to put a physical team together yet except when he's playing the weak sisters.

kiwitexansfan
10-13-2010, 07:58 PM
I see the pink soap is back.

There are only two types of coaches, ones that have been fired or those who are about to be.

infantrycak
10-14-2010, 01:16 AM
The record isn't all that impressive considering who we beat. I expect us to get embarrassed again when we play the Ravens and Jets. The fact of the matter is that he's had 5 years and hasn't been able to put a physical team together yet except when he's playing the weak sisters.

Really? So Indy and the Redskins are weak sisters?

Lucky
10-14-2010, 06:24 AM
Really? So Indy and the Redskins are weak sisters?
Do we really know how good the Colts are this season? Those two games seem like ancient history after the last 2 home debacles. With a 3-2 record, it's absurd to consider firing Kubiak in season. But, is it too soon to question whether Kubiak and his coaching style will ever lead this team to the playoffs and a championship? I don't think so.

infantrycak
10-14-2010, 08:37 AM
Do we really know how good the Colts are this season? Those two games seem like ancient history after the last 2 home debacles. With a 3-2 record, it's absurd to consider firing Kubiak in season. But, is it too soon to question whether Kubiak and his coaching style will ever lead this team to the playoffs and a championship? I don't think so.

I get questioning Kubiak which is why I said nothing about him. But I hate when people get all silly and make whack assertions to support their arguments. The Colts have had 12 or more wins the last 7 years straight and have been in the playoffs 10 of the last 11 years. I think the idea they are suddenly a "weak sister" is absurd especially as an assertion of a fan from a team who just beat them for the 2nd time ever. Washington doesn't look like a behemoth but is leading the division and doesn't look like a weak sister either.

Texan_Bill
10-14-2010, 08:41 AM
Not to mention that Oakland is better than people will admit.

Pull out the pink soap, pull out the pink soap!!! :francis:

:gun:

houstonspartan
10-14-2010, 10:52 AM

Do a search for all of my posts and tell me where, and when, I said Kubiak should be fired in the middle of the season.

Firing a coach in the middle of the season is a terrible idea, and rarely works. I have always argued that we should not have extended him. And, I am currently arguing that IF - repeat IF - we continue down the same consistent line of bullshit, he should be fired AT THE END OF THIS YEAR.

IF - repeat IF - he turns this team around and gets us to the playoffs, then, I will have been wrong about him, and will admit it.

Second Honeymoon
10-14-2010, 08:03 PM
I have my doubts about kubiak but we are 3-2
They have laid some turfs this year but if we can get a win versus KC in our own stadium we will be 4-2 going into a bye with Duane brown coming back and giving 15 days of recovery to the ailing

If they go into the bye at .500 with a trip to Indy on MNF...well it will be hard to find much optimism

This is pretty much sink or swim Sunday
1-3 at home would be a big bad omen for me

Trust me, if they keep failing i will be grabbing the pink soap real quick like. Didn't I start this thread anyway? jk ;(

Ckw
10-14-2010, 08:09 PM
They have laid some turfs this year but if we can get a win versus KC in our own stadium we will be 4-2 going into a bye with Duane brown coming back and giving 15 days of recovery to the ailing

If they go into the bye at .500 with a trip to Indy on MNF...well it will be hard to find much optimism

Trust me, if they keep failing i will be grabbing the pink soap real quick like. Didn't I start this thread anyway? jk ;(

Dude, did someone hack your account or something?

The change in your posts is nothing short of miraculous. Is this still "Doug from the Woodlands?" :worldpeace:

GP
10-14-2010, 09:27 PM
No football in 2011 anyways, so I say let Kubiak stay through 2011. LOL.

I still think Gary Kubiak has this idea that he can build an offense and stock it with the right players (which he has, to some degree) and that it will beat any team's defense because of the superiority of the system he employs.

He just has an Ostrich mentality, the habit of sticking his head into a hole in the ground instead of doing something that will actually HELP everyone around him.

I don't think he recovers from this. I think the team, overall, has lost confidence in him as the head coach. I don't think they will fight for him like they normally did at the end of each previous season.

And if this "team" is taking games off and essentially choosing when to excel and when to sandbag it, then shame on them all. And shame on Gurry Kubiak for not doing something about it.

Man, it is such a kick in the nuts to be a fan of an NFL team who is either horrible and cannot win or is a faker and breaks your heart consistently when it looks like they can do something meaningful (but bombs out on you instead).

steelbtexan
10-14-2010, 09:29 PM
Dude, did someone hack your account or something?

The change in your posts is nothing short of miraculous. Is this still "Doug from the Woodlands?" :worldpeace:

This

I dont think he should be fired this season.

But I think we can all agree he shouldn't be signed to an extention either.

DexmanC
10-14-2010, 10:27 PM

3-2 record, upon closer examination, is a prayer away from being 1-4.
Beat the Colts. Good win

Beat the Redskins. Required multiple miracles on both sides of the ball & special teams.

Got beat by the Cowboys. They were and are now WINLESS against everybody BUT The Texans

Beat the Raiders. Let them back into the game, and almost got beat.

Got embarrassed by the Giants. Coughlin and his coaching staff made
Kubiak and HIS team look like amateurs in ALL PHASES.

They've only gotten ONE 60-minute win against a good team, and I don't
remember the last time they beat a good team within the first
12 game window of ANY season under Kubiak. The Texans have
not given the fans any evidence they'll be able to survive the gauntlet
of games in November.

After November, we pretty much know who's going to the playoffs. All that's
left to be determined will be the seeding. The Texans bust be at least
7-5 by the end of November, to be in the running.

GuerillaBlack
10-14-2010, 10:40 PM

This is true for many NFL teams, and not just the Texans.

DexmanC
10-14-2010, 10:44 PM
This is true for many NFL teams, and not just the Texans.

They still got me askin' "Who dey beat?"

Starting this week, they'll have to beat a LOT of reputable teams
to go to the playoffs. They must finish the season no worse
than 7-4 over the next eleven games.

thunderkyss
10-14-2010, 10:44 PM

What do you think about the 3-2 Greenbay Packers?
Wins: Philly, Buffalo, Detroit
Losses: Chicago, Washington

What do you think about the 3-2 Indianapolis Colts?
Wins: Giants, Broncos, Chiefs
Losses: Texans, Jaguars

Or the 3-2 New Orleans Saints
Wins: Minnesota, 49ers, Carolina
Losses: Atlanta, Arizona

What do you think about the 2-3 San Diego Chargers
Wins: Jacksonville, Arizona
Losses: Chiefs, Seattle, Oakland

DexmanC
10-14-2010, 10:52 PM
What do you think about the 3-2 Greenbay Packers?
Wins: Philly, Buffalo, Detroit
Losses: Chicago, Washington

What do you think about the 3-2 Indianapolis Colts?
Wins: Giants, Broncos, Chiefs
Losses: Texans, Jaguars

Or the 3-2 New Orleans Saints
Wins: Minnesota, 49ers, Carolina
Losses: Atlanta, Arizona

What do you think about the 2-3 San Diego Chargers
Wins: Jacksonville, Arizona
Losses: Chiefs, Seattle, Oakland

I'm talking about the Texans, and Kubiak.
Each one of the head coaches of the teams you've
mentioned have been to postseason within the last
five years. Kubiak has not, so his margin for error
is NIL.

Texan_Bill
10-14-2010, 10:54 PM
:wadepalm: Some of you people!!!

Including, :facepalm: Vista, and :facepalm: Brakos!!

thunderkyss
10-14-2010, 11:18 PM
I'm talking about the Texans, and Kubiak.
Each one of the head coaches of the teams you've
mentioned have been to postseason within the last
five years. Kubiak has not, so his margin for error
is NIL.

So if Kubiak is doing as well as they are, he must be on the right track...

Cool.

DexmanC
10-14-2010, 11:28 PM
So if Kubiak is doing as well as they are, he must be on the right track...

Cool.

We shouldn't have to use the word "if" when referencing Kubiak.
When the word "if" surfaces during a discussion about Kubiak, take
"if" as a sign Kubiak is not meetin expectations.

JB
10-14-2010, 11:35 PM
We shouldn't have to use the word "if" when referencing Kubiak.
When the word "if" surfaces during a discussion about Kubiak, take
"if" as a sign Kubiak is not meetin expectations.

Ya know, you are starting ( or maybe have been for awhile) coming across as a perfectionist fan. If we went 19-0, you would probably be complaining about margin of victory, or upset that we now had the last pick in the draft.

And there is nothing wrong with that...:rolleyes:

Have you ever been escited about this team? If so, then when was the turning point? When the Texans lost on 9/15/2002?

DexmanC
10-15-2010, 12:04 AM
Ya know, you are starting ( or maybe have been for awhile) coming across as a perfectionist fan.

Not at all. I understand Kubiak has been given more rope than any
coach in recent history, and am analyzing his progress during his *bonus*
season. Looking at the schedule, I'm seeing the *tougher* games
backloaded onto the schedule, unlike what we had in 2009. 7-4
the rest of the way, considering you'll be playing your DIRECT competition
for the Division Championship and /or AFC Wildcard in TEN of the next ELEVEN
games, gets you a playoff spot. Tiebreakers look like they're gonna be a HUGE
factor in the seedings, and the Texans play dang-near all of the teams they
need tiebreakers on head-to-head.

I'm just looking for SOMETHING, that shows me the Texans will finally
achieve a winning record in the AFC, when it hasn't happened in five
seasons.

Perfectionist? No. However, I'm not looking at the losses as numbers
only. The way the Texans played, in both losses, is what is unacceptable.
When they come out woefully unprepared, unfocused, and out-schemed,
they'd better win the game. Piss-poor performances, is what I'm posting about.
If they're gonna lose, they'd better play some good football while
doing it.

houstonspartan
10-15-2010, 12:27 AM
Ya know, you are starting ( or maybe have been for awhile) coming across as a perfectionist fan. If we went 19-0, you would probably be complaining about margin of victory, or upset that we now had the last pick in the draft.

And there is nothing wrong with that...:rolleyes:

Have you ever been escited about this team? If so, then when was the turning point? When the Texans lost on 9/15/2002?

Trust me, Dex has given Kubiak a LOOOOONG leash. He used to be head of the Kubiak Cheerleading club. lol.

But, like a lot of fans, he reached his breaking point. No one coerced him into hating Kubiak. He saw things with his own eyes. It happens to all of us at some point.

thunderkyss
10-15-2010, 06:55 AM
Not at all. I understand Kubiak has been given more rope than any
coach in recent history...

Do you believe there was anything unique about the team Kubiak took over?

Do you think he's done anything right?

DexmanC
10-15-2010, 06:56 AM
Trust me, Dex has given Kubiak a LOOOOONG leash. He used to be head of the Kubiak Cheerleading club. lol.

But, like a lot of fans, he reached his breaking point. No one coerced him into hating Kubiak. He saw things with his own eyes. It happens to all of us at some point.

Damn, those were the good ol' days. LOL

DexmanC
10-15-2010, 06:58 AM
Do you believe there was anything unique about the team Kubiak took over?

Do you think he's done anything right?

He's had a team good enough to go 8-8 for four consecutive years.
There have been coaches, who've taken 8-8 talent to the playoffs,
even won a Superbowl, even gone to the AFC Championship game,
within four years of having an 8-8 worthy team.

No excuses.

thunderkyss
10-15-2010, 07:01 AM

No excuses.

Do you think Mike Singletary is a good coach?

DexmanC
10-15-2010, 07:03 AM
Do you think Mike Singletary is a good coach?

If Singletary has four seasons (or less), with the same results he's had, he will and should
be fired. At the end of the day, results are what everyone's job comes
down to.

No excuses.

thunderkyss
10-15-2010, 07:30 AM
If Singletary has four seasons (or less), with the same results he's had, he will and should
be fired. At the end of the day, results are what everyone's job comes
down to.

No excuses.

So..... is he a good coach or not? From what you know right now, do you think he's a good coach?

thunderkyss
10-15-2010, 07:32 AM

No excuses.

Let's go back to this.

Anyone in the AFC South get to the play-offs with an 8-8 record?

Any of those 8-8 teams beat the Colts? Any of them had to beat the Colts twice in the same year?

It's not about excuses, it's about reality.

DexmanC
10-15-2010, 07:33 AM
So..... is he a good coach or not? From what you know right now, do you think he's a good coach?

What do you mean when YOU say "good coach?"

DexmanC
10-15-2010, 07:37 AM
Let's go back to this.

Anyone in the AFC South get to the play-offs with an 8-8 record?

Any of those 8-8 teams beat the Colts? Any of them had to beat the Colts twice in the same year?

It's not about excuses, it's about reality.

The reality is, Kubiak has got to get it (going to the playoffs) done.
His job is gonna come down to results, eventually, and it should be THIS
season.

thunderkyss
10-15-2010, 08:05 AM
What do you mean when YOU say "good coach?"

When you think of a "good" head coach, does Singletary make your list?

The reality is, Kubiak has got to get it (going to the playoffs) done.
His job is gonna come down to results, eventually, and it should be THIS
season.

I don't disagree with this post in anyway. IMO, this is it for Kubiak. It sucks he's got to get to the play-offs with this schedule, but he built this team, which we all think is good enough to do it. So, we'll see.

I believe in the 4 year term. But I believe some coaches will get it done in 3 years, some coaches may need 5. I don't see anything wrong with that. I believe the situation they inherited & the way they decided to build the team will be a factor in how long it will take. To take this team from what he had, to Super Bowl contender, considering he wasn't ready to be a head coach when he took the job, 5 years is acceptable.

If Kubiak doesn't get this team to the play-offs, with this schedule, believe me, you won't hear any excuses from me. But to act as though he has already failed, when we are 3-2 & won our only division game so far, against our toughest division opponent at that.... is a little premature.

Lastly, results... I also believe there are some teams that W-L records are the last thing you need to be looking at when determining results. On a team that has never won (the Houston Texans) there focus can't be on winning & losing. Talent level has to get to a certain level, and the level of play has to get to a certain level before W-L becomes the primary focus. To me, 2009 is the only season that the W-L tells you anything about this team. The Detroit Lions shouldn't be worried about W-L, the St Louis Rams shouldn't be worried about W-L, the SF 49ers & the Oakland Raiders don't need to be worried about W-L. They need to be focused on acquiring talent & learning to play football at the highest level. Other wise, you're going to end up with 10+ years of bad football.

Kubiak chose to build primarily through the draft, & young Free Agents. That already sets you up for a long transition. You don't have to agree with how Kubiak decided to build. Just acknowledge it. To judge him against coaches who went heavy with FAs is disingenuous.

I believe this team is a Super Bowl contender (to me that means they should be able to get to the play-offs and do well). We'll see if Kubiak where Kubiak stands as a head coach.

DexmanC
10-15-2010, 08:08 AM
When you think of a "good" head coach, does Singletary make your list?

In order to avoid confusion, I need to know what you mean
when you say "good coach." I'll answer your question, when
I understand your definition of "good coach."

Blake
10-15-2010, 08:11 AM
No playoffs this year? Kubiak should be gone. It will be someone elses turn to whip this group into a actual playoff contender.

If Kubiak gets this team to makes the playoffs then he can play out another year of his contract.

DexmanC
10-15-2010, 08:12 AM
I believe in the 4 year term. But I believe some coaches will get it done in 3 years, some coaches may need 5. I don't see anything wrong with that. I believe the situation they inherited & the way they decided to build the team will be a factor in how long it will take. To take this team from what he had, to Super Bowl contender, considering he wasn't ready to be a head coach when he took the job, 5 years is acceptable.

If Kubiak doesn't get this team to the play-offs, with this schedule, believe me, you won't hear any excuses from me. But to act as though he has already failed, when we are 3-2 & won our only division game so far, against our toughest division opponent at that.... is a little premature.

Lastly, results... I also believe there are some teams that W-L records are the last thing you need to be looking at when determining results. On a team that has never won (the Houston Texans) there focus can't be on winning & losing. Talent level has to get to a certain level, and the level of play has to get to a certain level before W-L becomes the primary focus. To me, 2009 is the only season that the W-L tells you anything about this team. The Detroit Lions shouldn't be worried about W-L, the St Louis Rams shouldn't be worried about W-L, the SF 49ers & the Oakland Raiders don't need to be worried about W-L. They need to be focused on acquiring talent & learning to play football at the highest level. Other wise, you're going to end up with 10+ years of bad football.

Kubiak chose to build primarily through the draft, & young Free Agents. That already sets you up for a long transition. You don't have to agree with how Kubiak decided to build. Just acknowledge it. To judge him against coaches who went heavy with FAs is disingenuous.

I believe this team is a Super Bowl contender (to me that means they should be able to get to the play-offs and do well). We'll see if Kubiak where Kubiak stands as a head coach.

Let's not pretend Kubiak struck gold in the draft every year. So far,
we can only say that about the '06 draft. He took Amobi Okoye over
Patrick Willis in the '07 draft. That decision, in my opinion, lost
his standing of "draft guru." If you're going to "build through the draft,"
you'd BETTER hit in EVERY SINGLE ONE of them.

The current Lions staff has had two drafts, and have gotten first round studs in both.
Matthew Stafford and Ndamukong Suh. Two drafts, two bell cows. The Texans
can not say the same.

thunderkyss
10-15-2010, 08:31 AM
In order to avoid confusion, I need to know what you mean
when you say "good coach." I'll answer your question, when
I understand your definition of "good coach."

I'll tell you that I think Singletary is a good head coach.

thunderkyss
10-15-2010, 08:37 AM
Let's not pretend Kubiak struck gold in the draft every year. So far,
we can only say that about the '06 draft. He took Amobi Okoye over
Patrick Willis in the '07 draft. That decision, in my opinion, lost
his standing of "draft guru." If you're going to "build through the draft,"
you'd BETTER hit in EVERY SINGLE ONE of them.

The current Lions staff has had two drafts, and have gotten first round studs in both.
can not say the same.

Do you or do you not think this team has the talent & the ability to get to the Super Bowl this year?

Doesn't matter on how many he "hit" on. If you think we're that good, we're that good.

If you don't think we're that good, what difference does it make if we get to the play-offs. That's not the goal. If we're going to the play-offs, & lose in the Wild-Card, that tells me we didn't belong to begin with, & the coach didn't do his job.

To me, that's setting your expectations low, that's a loser's mentality.

& I'll say it now. If we go to the play-offs, whether we win the division, or the wildcard & lose... I won't be on the Kubiak bandwagon.

If we go into Reliant at 10-5 & lose to the Jaguars, I don't care if it's the best game ever played & we lose by one point on a 72 yard field goal to end up 10-6, I won't be on the Kubiak band wagon.

(Let's see how long it takes Stafford & Sue to get to the play-offs)

thunderkyss
10-15-2010, 08:41 AM
can not say the same.

Let's not forget that by game 5 of the 2007 season, Okoye looked pretty good as well.

Mario Williams, Demeco Ryans, Owen Daniels.... that's three bell-cow studs & that's only one draft. I think the average over 2 years is still better than what Detroit has done.

drop the hateraid.......

GP
10-15-2010, 08:42 AM
I'll tell you that I think Singletary is a good head coach.

You're delusional, in my opinion (of course).

I think you admire the man, but then again you seem to admire Kubiak too.

See, this is a big problem for a lot of people: They fall in love with the person, and so they marginalize the actual production on the field. It's what got David Carr a pass for so long. In fact, I'll bet Carr is a 49er because Singletary thinks he's a great, honorable role model...forget what he's done in the past (on the field), Carr is a Christian and Singletary wants more guys like him.

It's the NFL. You either got it, or you don't. And outside of the initial win vs. the Colts this season, this team has looked disorganized and can't adjust to the other team.

Arian Foster is the reason we started off 1-0. Coupled with a Colts defense that had major injuries AND a lack of preparation for our running game.

Andre Johnson is the reason we got to 2-0. His catch on 4th down? Miracle.

It goes downhill after game 2. We're seeing that outside of some fluke advantageous situations (Colts defense and Andre's catch) our beloved Texans are mere pretenders and not contenders.

My thoughts are now consumed with whether we will be picking in the middle of the first round or the early part of the first round. And also if there will be NFL in 2011 at all.

thunderkyss
10-15-2010, 08:52 AM
You're delusional, in my opinion (of course).

I think you admire the man, but then again you seem to admire Kubiak too.

No, that's not it.

It's the NFL. You either got it, or you don't. And outside of the initial win vs. the Colts this season, this team has looked disorganized and can't adjust to the other team.

Yet we got the W....

It goes downhill after game 2. We're seeing that outside of some fluke advantageous situations (Colts defense and Andre's catch) our beloved Texans are mere pretenders and not contenders.

Which team do you think is perfect??

The biggest knock on this team, IMO, has been an inability to handle adversity in a game. True, that diversity shouldn't have been in some of those games... but it was there, & we've done better than not overall.

Texan_Bill
10-15-2010, 08:56 AM
*Thanks God above that some members of this board or just that, and not in the Texans organization*

Idiots!!! :ant:

Blake
10-15-2010, 09:05 AM

Didnt the Texans adjust vs. the Skins?

Houston 1st half: 7 points
Washington 1st half: 20 points

Texans 2nd half: 20 points
Washington 2nd half: 7 points

I would say that is the epitome of adjusting in the NFL.

Goldensilence
10-15-2010, 09:38 AM

Well, would've been nice to see sort of adjustments in the Giants and Cowboys games. Instead I saw us get our ass kicked by two mediocre coaching staffs.

I was excited about the DC win, but in truth, we got lucky.

Offensively we're out of sync. Defensively our secondary is killing us. I just hope that with Cushing getting more reps with the other starters that the defense will look better as time goes on like usual.

Blake
10-15-2010, 10:22 AM
Well, would've been nice to see sort of adjustments in the Giants and Cowboys games. Instead I saw us get our ass kicked by two mediocre coaching staffs.

I was excited about the DC win, but in truth, we got lucky.

Offensively we're out of sync. Defensively our secondary is killing us. I just hope that with Cushing getting more reps with the other starters that the defense will look better as time goes on like usual.

I understand how you feel. I was just replying to GP's statement that the Texans are unable to adjust.

And I will have to disagree that "we got lucky." The Texans executed the gameplan on offense and earned the win. Lucky would be our right tackle performing a choke hold on the OLB on the last plays of the game. Twice. lol @ Alex Barron.

thunderkyss
10-15-2010, 11:14 AM
Defensively our secondary is killing us. I just hope that with Cushing getting more reps with the other starters that the defense will look better as time goes on like usual.

I disregard argument that says this. Watch the games, & you'll see it's not true. Pass coverage is killing us, but it's definitely not the secondary. Even with Kj back there, his mistakes aren't the ones killing us.

Every team makes plays to the WRs, that's what they are supposed to do, so I don't over-react to one or two mistakes by Kj.

Lbs are killing us. You saw Cushing get a hand on a ball. Prior to the Giants game, Adibi is the only other LB to tip a ball, or be anywhere close to a ball thrown by a QB. Even Demeco's tip to Nolan in the Raiders game wasn't until the ball had already hit Murphy.

Watch other teams, see how many times LBs in coverage do their job & make it difficult for a QB to complete passes.

We don't have the best secondary in the league, but we don't have the worse either. Our zone coverages are crap & the CBs are doing a good job there... our safeties slightly worse, & our LBs are just terrible.

Like you said, I hope that changes with Cushing. But if he's the only LB who can attack the QB & defend the pass, I only see it getting slightly better.

HTown2ATX
10-15-2010, 12:46 PM
Damn.

I thought this thread just popped back up earlier this week when the loss was still fresh in our minds. I'm known to not let shit go but even I moved on lol. I see it's still going strong.

I have to say that as my comments prove I am not yet in the "Fire Kubiak" club and have no pink soap, more crapfests like last week will continue to sway that position.

This team is too talented sans the secondary not to win now.

:choke:

Ckw
10-15-2010, 01:12 PM
*Thanks God above that some members of this board or just that, and not in the Texans organization*

Idiots!!! :ant:

Bill, I have a couple of sincere questions for you that I hope you will take the time to answer.

1. Do you think five years is enough time to get it right?

2. Do you think Kubiak is the man for the job and will be the coach to get us to the promised land? If yes, then continue calling everyone that wants Kubiak gone an idi0t.

3. Can you think of 8 games in the last two seasons where Kubiak has outcoached his opponent? I'm not talking about luck of the draw like the Washington game when we not only got lucky with Pollard blocking the field goal, not only got lucky with Andre making his miracle catch, and not only got lucky with Gano missing field goal try #2 in OT. I am talking about games like the Colts game this year or the Titans game last year.

Thorn
10-15-2010, 01:32 PM
meh.....the fact of the matter is the Texans are still an inconsistent team just like they were when Kubiak got here. They are just a more talented inconsistent team now.

The Texans have what it takes to win the AFC South if they so desire. The question remains how badly do "they" (players, coaches, front office) desire it. So far this year they've been doing what they've been doing since BEFORE Kubiak and Smith arrived; sometimes they show up for the game sometimes they don't.

Goldensilence
10-15-2010, 01:44 PM
I understand how you feel. I was just replying to GP's statement that the Texans are unable to adjust.

And I will have to disagree that "we got lucky." The Texans executed the gameplan on offense and earned the win. Lucky would be our right tackle performing a choke hold on the OLB on the last plays of the game. Twice. lol @ Alex Barron.

Executed the game plan? Which involved falling behind big in the first half and having Matt killed?

Part of was decent run defense the other part was DC unable to run the ball. Not to mention it took a heave throw on 4th and ten resulting ina jump ball that thankfully AJ managed to come down with.

Look I'll an ugly win anyday, but to think we went in and executed a game plan the entire game just isn't what my eyes saw that day.

They have shown they have the ability to adjust, but can't seem to be consistent on it. Same thing with Gary being able to manage a game.

I disregard argument that says this. Watch the games, & you'll see it's not true. Pass coverage is killing us, but it's definitely not the secondary. Even with Kj back there, his mistakes aren't the ones killing us.

Every team makes plays to the WRs, that's what they are supposed to do, so I don't over-react to one or two mistakes by Kj.

Lbs are killing us. You saw Cushing get a hand on a ball. Prior to the Giants game, Adibi is the only other LB to tip a ball, or be anywhere close to a ball thrown by a QB. Even Demeco's tip to Nolan in the Raiders game wasn't until the ball had already hit Murphy.

Watch other teams, see how many times LBs in coverage do their job & make it difficult for a QB to complete passes.

We don't have the best secondary in the league, but we don't have the worse either. Our zone coverages are crap & the CBs are doing a good job there... our safeties slightly worse, & our LBs are just terrible.

Like you said, I hope that changes with Cushing. But if he's the only LB who can attack the QB & defend the pass, I only see it getting slightly better.

Agree on our Lbers. I've said repeatedly that I like Diles, but his lack of foot speed is killing us over the middle. I'd really like to see him moved to the middle if the Staff just insists that Diles, Ryans, Cushing is really the best 3 we're got. I just know that isn't going to happen though.

I'm ust hoping more than anything that with Cushing back and getting reps we can have a LBer that can hold down the TE from completely killing us and he's the best pass rushing LBer as well.

Biggest problem is that its really not going to matter who lines up against Jackson, teams are going to target who he is covering. Athletically I think the guy has the tools to be good, just I think the staff made a big mistake in throwing him in the fire right away.

thunderkyss
10-15-2010, 02:38 PM
Biggest problem is that its really not going to matter who lines up against Jackson, teams are going to target who he is covering. Athletically I think the guy has the tools to be good, just I think the staff made a big mistake in throwing him in the fire right away.

Actually, I believe McCain gets targeted even more, even though he is only in on Nickel situations.

Also the Giants game, we looked rely good on defense, when they were fresh. If we can move the ball on offense, I don't care how as long as we take time off the clock, I don't think or defense, any part of it, will be a liability.

Blake
10-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Executed the game plan? Which involved falling behind big in the first half and having Matt killed?

Part of was decent run defense the other part was DC unable to run the ball. Not to mention it took a heave throw on 4th and ten resulting in a jump ball that thankfully AJ managed to come down with.

Look I'll an ugly win any day, but to think we went in and executed a game plan the entire game just isn't what my eyes saw that day.

They have shown they have the ability to adjust, but can't seem to be consistent on it. Same thing with Gary being able to manage a game.

GS, when did I say that the Texans went in and executed a game plan the ENTIRE game? I simply said that they executed the offensive game plan, and made the plays that it took to win the game. You call it lucky. But I call it timely execution. We finally got our shit together and made some plays.

And I dont consider the 4th and 10 play to AJ as luck either. It was a top 10 QB throwing to the #1 WR in the league. Ill take my chances with that. Especially against Doughty.

I am all for holding people accountable for their actions. But when they make a good play you cant just cast it aside and say it was luck! Unless you like being a pessimist.

Blake
10-15-2010, 02:53 PM
Actually, I believe McCain gets targeted even more, even though he is only in on Nickel situations.

Also the Giants game, we looked rely good on defense, when they were fresh. If we can move the ball on offense, I don't care how as long as we take time off the clock, I don't think or defense, any part of it, will be a liability.

I will add to this that I feel that a defense is going to get defalted fast when hey see their offense struggle that much. Kind of like, "here we go again." There are only a few defenses good enough to play lights out all 60 minutes. And they aint from Houston. If our offense can keep them fresh, and give them hope, I think our defense can make some plays.

Rey
10-15-2010, 03:13 PM

Is that really proof of adjusting, or did guys just play better?

You have a 4th down 'miracle' catch by AJ in the endzone, and you also have a blocked FG by Pollard, and you also have their FG kicker miss a game winning FG...

I didn't feel good after that win and I don't feel good about it now.

I'm happy we won, but I'm not happy about how we won. Washington had to really screw up in the end, and we had to make some unbelievable plays to win that game. That's not a good combo.

Rey
10-15-2010, 03:15 PM

TK, the offense is not going to be on fire every week.

I would like to be able to actually win a game 13-10 every once in a while.

They are two separate units and even though they can help each other out, you can't out the blame on the offense because the defense wasn't "rested".

They can cause 3 and outs just like the opponents D can cause 3 and outs. Problem is, they don't do that often enough.

10-15-2010, 04:53 PM
The biggest knock on this team, IMO, has been an inability to handle diversity in a game. True, that diversity shouldn't have been in some of those games... but it was there, & we've done better than not overall.

i hope you mean "adversity"

DexmanC
10-15-2010, 04:56 PM
i hope you mean "adversity"

He might mean "diversity." The myriad of ways the Texans get their
asses whooped at Reliant has been quite "diverse."

houstonspartan
10-15-2010, 04:59 PM
he might mean "diversity." the myriad of ways the texans get their
asses whooped at reliant has been quite "diverse."

lmao!!!!!!!!

Dwade
10-15-2010, 06:10 PM
Kubiak is the epitome of milquetoast. No passion

Brisco_County
10-15-2010, 10:58 PM
With our offense out of synch more than it has been in years, I'm looking at our new offensive coordinator, not Kubiak.

Same goes for Gibbs.

thunderkyss
10-15-2010, 11:11 PM
TK, the offense is not going to be on fire every week.

I would like to be able to actually win a game 13-10 every once in a while.

They are two separate units and even though they can help each other out, you can't out the blame on the offense because the defense wasn't "rested".

They can cause 3 and outs just like the opponents D can cause 3 and outs. Problem is, they don't do that often enough.

I'm not disagreeing. Our defense sucked Sunday. 21 points in the first Qtr, 34 points overall. That aint going to get it on any Sunday.

My post was mainly to point out that the defense looked good in spurts. We have reason to be optimistic. It was originally in reply to another post saying they didn't have one good stand the entire game.

Lucky
10-16-2010, 06:53 AM
With our offense out of synch more than it has been in years, I'm looking at our new offensive coordinator, not Kubiak.

Same goes for Gibbs.
It's always someone else's fault. The coordinators. The assistants. The players. It's never on Gary Kubiak. He's just the head coach.

thunderkyss
10-16-2010, 07:50 AM
It's always someone else's fault. The coordinators. The assistants. The players. It's never on Gary Kubiak. He's just the head coach.

Well, since this is the guy Kubiak wanted, it's definitely on him. If this were Mike Singletary, who probably took what he thought was the best available (I don't know if Singletary was able to pick "his" guy).. then I wouldn't blame the HC, I'd blame the OC.... like Garrett in Dallas, Wade shouldn't be blamed for that situation.

But yes, this time if it's the OC, it's on Kubiak & he'll tell you so.

Lucky
10-16-2010, 08:03 AM
But yes, this time if it's the OC, it's on Kubiak & he'll tell you so.
Kubiak will certainly tell you so. It's just that nobody wants to believe him.

vtech9
10-16-2010, 11:17 AM
The calls by the OC and DC are on them, but the choosing of those coordinators is on Kubiak. What is also on Kubiak is not getting onto those coordinators for not making the adjustments needed to overcome adversity.

IMHO, I think the Defense has played pretty damned good when we put pressure on the QB AND our secondary is Man on Man. If we get pressure on the QB with our 4 man front, all the better, but if we can't, we need to start blitzing more.

Our Secondary being good is dependant on getting pressure on the QB. However, it doesn't matter how much pressure we put on the QB if the Secondary is playing a soft zone, and gives the QB an open target to dump it off to.

dalemurphy
10-16-2010, 01:15 PM
The calls by the OC and DC are on them, but the choosing of those coordinators is on Kubiak. What is also on Kubiak is not getting onto those coordinators for not making the adjustments needed to overcome adversity.

IMHO, I think the Defense has played pretty damned good when we put pressure on the QB AND our secondary is Man on Man. If we get pressure on the QB with our 4 man front, all the better, but if we can't, we need to start blitzing more.

Our Secondary being good is dependant on getting pressure on the QB. However, it doesn't matter how much pressure we put on the QB if the Secondary is playing a soft zone, and gives the QB an open target to dump it off to.

If Jackson is playing well in the second half of the season then the decision to start him will look a lot better than it does now. That's the gamble they took. If we are 4-2 at the bye and the young secondary begins to gel, then this will be a very different conversation as we head throug November. I'm not predicting it... but, that is what the coaches are thinking.

Rey
10-16-2010, 05:33 PM
If Jackson is playing well in the second half of the season then the decision to start him will look a lot better than it does now. That's the gamble they took. If we are 4-2 at the bye and the young secondary begins to gel, then this will be a very different conversation as we head throug November. I'm not predicting it... but, that is what the coaches are thinking.

And if Jackson looks the same and we are 3-3 at the bye after being 3-1 after four games, then people will say the sky is falling.

Neither one would really be a proven statement, but what we do know is what they have shown so far.

What they have shown is the propensity to have total team wide breakdowns.

That, and I can pretty much guarantee that the opposing QB will have a great day.

Rey
10-16-2010, 05:41 PM
I'm not disagreeing. Our defense sucked Sunday. 21 points in the first Qtr, 34 points overall. That aint going to get it on any Sunday.

My post was mainly to point out that the defense looked good in spurts. We have reason to be optimistic. It was originally in reply to another post saying they didn't have one good stand the entire game.

Honestly I'm still optimistic about this team but it is tempered somewhat.

The team has done some good things. The defense has done some good things.

I actually am not as down on Kareem as a lot of people are. I think he will be a good corner for us. If not by the end of this year, definitely next year. I like his open field tackling and even though he has gotten beat he is normally right there on the receiver. I think the pass rush is hampered by the fact that opposing QB's are able to hit their back foot and let the ball come out. They rarely have to hold onto the ball for long, and when they do we normally make things happen up front and on the back end.

What I am not optimistic about is the intensity and focus we bring each Sunday come game time. I just don't believe we will get that corrected any time soon. We may be able to win some games in spite of that, but more often than not it will lead to a loss.

I think we can beat the Chiefs this Sunday, but I just don't have a good feeling about this game..

gary
10-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Dom had five seasons here is only fair Gary has the same amount of time. Injuries or not the good teams find ways to overcome those.

Goatcheese
10-16-2010, 06:50 PM
We're 3-2, tied for 1st and undefeated in the AFC south. It's all on Kubiak.

Dwade
10-16-2010, 08:00 PM
We're 3-2, tied for 1st and undefeated in the AFC south. It's all on Kubiak.

And we got destroyed by a 1-3 Dallas team, and demolished by a Giant's team that lost to the Colts...

JB
10-16-2010, 08:27 PM
And we got destroyed by a 1-3 Dallas team, and demolished by a Giant's team that lost to the Colts...

And we destroyed a 3-2 Colts team that destroyed the Giants, and beat a Washington team that destroyed the cowgurls.

Welcome to the NFL.

Texan_Bill
10-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Kubiak is the epitome of milquetoast. No passion

That is some typical bullshite from someone that apparently doesn't pay attention.

JB
10-16-2010, 08:34 PM
That is some typical bullshite from someone that apparently doesn't pay attention.

You're not expecting common sense are you?

Rey
10-16-2010, 11:16 PM
And we destroyed a 3-2 Colts team that destroyed the Giants, and beat a Washington team that destroyed the cowgurls.

Welcome to the NFL.

I don't feel good about either of those wins other than the fact that they were wins.

About the only thing we had going for us against the Colts was the running game.

Against the Skins,we sucked for most of the game but we had quite a few late game heroics and some lucky balls bounce our way.

I'm glad we got the win, but under Kubiak I've seen too many games like the Giants, Cowboys and the Saints in the pre-season.

For some reason, this team just don't not come out ready to play every Sunday like a professional franchise should. I've been a big kubiak supporter, and I would still hate to have to get on the band wagon that wants to see him go, but this stuff is getting old.

There is no reason for us to play as poorly as we have played in some games this year. I don't care how bad the secondary is, we should not be giving up this many yards.

Simple things like putting the corners up on the WR and not conceding 6-7 yard receptions reflects on the D-coordinator and head coach. Not being able to move the ball with the offensive talent we have reflects on the O-coordinator and head coach. Poor special teams play reflects poorly on the Special teams coordinator and the head coach.

What do all of those deficiencies have in common?

That's right, the common denominator is the head coach.

I'm hoping Kubes can get his stuff together and get his team to play like a professional franchise on a weekly basis, but honestly it's not looking too good right now.

thunderkyss
10-16-2010, 11:36 PM
For some reason, this team just don't not come out ready to play every Sunday like a professional franchise should. I've been a big kubiak supporter, and I would still hate to have to get on the band wagon that wants to see him go, but this stuff is getting old.

I think our defense came to play. There was a lot of energy, & they were playing fast IMHO... too fast.

Schaub has came out slow every game this year. I think that is a real issue. The game against the Seahawks in 2009 is the only "fast start" I can recall right now.

Owen Daniels looked great against the Giants. I hope he'll help us get off to a fast start the rest of the season.

I'm also still very impressed with Dressen. With those two tightends, I don't see how we could ever get off to a slow start. They are both very adequate blockers & they both have soft hands. The defense should never be able to tell which tight end is going to do what.

Our 2 TE sets should be deadly.

thunderkyss
10-16-2010, 11:38 PM
Simple things like putting the corners up on the WR and not conceding 6-7 yard receptions reflects on the D-coordinator and head coach. Not being able to move the ball with the offensive talent we have reflects on the O-coordinator and head coach. Poor special teams play reflects poorly on the Special teams coordinator and the head coach.

I have never... ever... ever,ever ever seen a game where the CBs did not give cushion. I have never seen a game where both corners played press coverage the entire game.

I think there is a reason for that.

Maybe we do it more than other teams...... I won't argue that. But that's basic defense & is in every teams play book.

Rey
10-16-2010, 11:46 PM
I have never... ever... ever,ever ever seen a game where the CBs did not give cushion. I have never seen a game where both corners played press coverage the entire game.

Maybe we do it more than other teams...... I won't argue that. But that's basic defense & is in every teams play book.

Not saying press the corners the entire game. Not even saying press them at all. Just saying play them a little closer and not concede easy yards a majority of the time.

If I'm a QB and I know that your are going to play that soft zone and give my receivers a 6-7 yard cushion even when it's short yardage to go, I'm going to take that all day.

Go back and look at the Giants game...Before the announcers even said anything about how silly the Texans D looked playing that soft zone for the whole first half, I was wondering what kind of coach Kubiak really was.

Look at the play by play...Eli wasn't throwing deep over the middle. He was throwing short and intermediate passes outside of the hashes. This has long been a problem with this defense. They go into a mode where they just allow the opposing QB to have easy underneath passes.

In the second half you see we started to play up on the receivers some and 'coincidentally' we started getting more pressure on Eli and more forced throws.

I just can't understand playing your corner back 6 yards off the LOS when the offense only needs two yards for a first down. Makes absolutely no sense...especially if you have safety help over the top.

But I never said anything about pressing the corners or playing them a certain way for the whole game. The whole point is to mix it up. Pressing the whole game will get you beat just as bad as playing off the whole game.

HJam72
10-16-2010, 11:50 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth. I wish just once I could see a game where the D did play press coverage a LOT just to see what happens.

thunderkyss
10-17-2010, 02:03 AM
Go back and look at the Giants game...Before the announcers even said anything about how silly the Texans D looked playing that soft zone for the whole first half, I was wondering what kind of coach Kubiak really was.

I hate listening to what the commentators say.... especially Ron Jaworski or Chris Collinsworth. They yap & yap & prove they don't really understand the game as much as they should.

Now if it were Gruden or Madden (& there are a couple more that know what they are talking about, but not many).

This is the beginning of the second Qtr
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/Thunderkyss/nicks.jpg

thunderkyss
10-17-2010, 02:10 AM
More
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/Thunderkyss/nicks4.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/Thunderkyss/nicks2.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/Thunderkyss/nicks3.jpg

Brisco_County
10-17-2010, 01:27 PM
This year our special teams are worse. Our pass rush is worse. Our secondary is waaaaay worse. Our offense is worse.

Every year I defend Kubiak. I'm now convinced this is his last year.

Porky
10-17-2010, 02:38 PM
Last year my ass. This should be his last game, as it should be for #25 who should be buried so far off the field that he can't see the bench with binocolours.

stingray
10-17-2010, 02:39 PM
Let's do this. It has to be done.

TexanSam
10-17-2010, 02:40 PM
At least the offseason will be exciting if we're looking for a new head coach.

Cjeremy635
10-17-2010, 02:41 PM
Last year my ass. This should be his last game, as it should be for #25 who should be buried so far off the field that he can't see the bench with binocolours.

FIRE HIM NOW!

This team has horrible execution and no discipline. Both of those reflect directly to coaching. I was on the fence, but this game has pushed me over the edge. Heads need to roll. It'sa probably not smart to fire your head coach or one of the coordinators mid season, but it sure as hell would send a message. Maybe not a smart message, but a message none the less.

I'm PISSED!

bckey
10-17-2010, 02:47 PM
If what Steve Tasker said that Kubiak said is true then Kubiak is even more hard headed and stubborn than I thought. He said he is going to live or die with the young secondary. You can't expect this offense to win every game from behind all season long. Kubiak is arrogant to think his offense is that good. Kubiak needs to go. He should have been gone after last season. Whether the Texans win or lose this game doesn't matter. This Texans team will not go anywhere with a defense like this. And how do you go into a game with 4 linebacker total? Kubiak just doesn't think like or make decisions like an experienced NFL coach.

Texecutioner
10-17-2010, 02:54 PM
This team has been this way the entire time that Kubes has been here. I've never liked this guy as a HC, and I really hope that he's gone after this season, but I doubt it. Mcnair loves the guy and they were acting like they won a SB last season when they went 9-7 by beating a Pats team that wasn't even hardly into it and we still missed the playoffs.

We had a great shot at Cowher in the off season of last year, and blew it. Now we'll probably have to watch Cowher on the sidelines of the Cowboys next season or possibly the Giants if they end up faltering against this season. Other than Cowher there really aren't that many great candidates that jump off the page really. Gruden is probably the next best name out there, but I wouldn't want Gruden at all personally.

The good thing is that the Texans HC job would be one of the most attractive HC vacancies in the league if Bob ever grew a pair of balls to actually fire the guy.

Cjeremy635
10-17-2010, 02:57 PM
This team has been this way the entire time that Kubes has been here. I've never liked this guy as a HC, and I really hope that he's gone after this season, but I doubt it. Mcnair loves the guy and they were acting like they won a SB last season when they went 9-7 by beating a Pats team that wasn't even hardly into it and we still missed the playoffs.

We had a great shot at Cowher in the off season of last year, and blew it. Now we'll probably have to watch Cowher on the sidelines of the Cowboys next season or possibly the Giants if they end up faltering against this season. Other than Cowher there really aren't that many great candidates that jump off the page really. Gruden is probably the next best name out there, but I wouldn't want Gruden at all personally.

The good thing is that the Texans HC job would be one of the most attractive HC vacancies in the league if Bob ever grew a pair of balls to actually fire the guy.

True, but I don't care about the name. The HC for the Chiefs was a newbie and he gets his guys up to play. That's our problem.

Texecutioner
10-17-2010, 03:08 PM
True, but I don't care about the name. The HC for the Chiefs was a newbie and he gets his guys up to play. That's our problem.

Well Haley had been a hot coordinator for a while. He was always known as a very hard nosed no nonsense HC. He was the one HC in Dallas that told TO to go **** himself.

Kubes is a guy that needs to be a coordinator. Not a HC.

kiwitexansfan
10-17-2010, 03:09 PM
The offense saved Kubiak's job today.

Still I am OVER his playcalling and the defenses ineptness.

Porky
10-17-2010, 03:09 PM
He won't be fired now - but should be.

eriadoc
10-17-2010, 03:10 PM
I still say that Kubes gets this year to show us, but at this point, I am more discouraged about his future here than ever before, despite the win.

DexmanC
10-17-2010, 03:12 PM
I still say that Kubes gets this year to show us, but at this point, I am more discouraged about his future here than ever before, despite the win.

Bad news is, this team ain't ready for primetime.
Good news is, due to a 4-2 start, they only need to go 6-4 the
rest of the way to clinch a playoff spot at 10-6.

Post-bye week, this team plays almost EVERYONE they need to beat
for tiebreakers head-to-head.

The playoffs start in two weeks at Indy.

Porky
10-17-2010, 03:13 PM
I said it elsewhere, but the problem starts at the very tippy top. Mediocrity is not only accepted but embraced by this owner. :devilpig:

Texan4Ever
10-17-2010, 03:14 PM
As much as players may despise him, I would love for Gruden to become the next HC for our team. He can yell and scream all I want and he's proven to get results.

Other than him, maybe Marty (I know he's old) would be a nice addition as a coordinator or maybe HC. Play some Marty Ball and at least get to the playoffs.

Regarding the game, the team looked slow and unconditioned. They played tired on defense and weren't able to bring Cassel down.

eriadoc
10-17-2010, 03:15 PM
I said it elsewhere, but the problem starts at the very tippy top. Mediocrity is not only accepted but embraced by this owner. :devilpig:

Well, you're just going to have to get over it, because the owner isn't changing. So make your decision and go with it.

Texecutioner
10-17-2010, 03:17 PM

I don't understand what he can show us at this point. What can he show us? That he can make the post season for the first time in 5 years with a stacked team? What he has shown us for all these years is that he doesn't get this team amped up to play two full halves consistently, and this is a team that plays either really HOT or really COLD from quarter to quarter. I don't think I've ever seen a team play so back and forth the way this Kubes led team does. It's games like this that end up saving his job just like those pointless ones at the end of the season did last year. What I fear the most is that the Texans do make the playoffs this year and everyone is ga ga over Kubes again, and this team plays very uninspired in the playoffs, and we lose and all the fans and Mcnair are happy "just to be there" and despite how badly the Texans might look in a game like that people will still act like Kubes accomplished something major.

This franchise and it's fans need higher expectations and that's the biggest problem.

GNTLEWOLF
10-17-2010, 03:18 PM

My question is,"Who do they beat to get the six wins?"
Don't think for one minute that the colts won't be ready with answers to beat this team as will Jacksonville-twice, and Tennessee-twice. That looks like 5 losses to me and that is in our division. My feeling is that we can stick a fork in this team cause they're done. But Kubiak will get his contract extended again cause, shucks, he's a great guy.

qman_tx
10-17-2010, 03:19 PM

Agreed playoffs start after bye week for us.

DexmanC
10-17-2010, 03:22 PM
Don't think for one minute that the colts won't be ready with answers to beat this team as will Jacksonville-twice, and Tennessee-twice. That looks like 5 losses to me and that is in our division. My feeling is that we can stick a fork in this team cause they're done. But Kubiak will get his contract extended again cause, shucks, he's a great guy.

My overall point is, 6-4 guarantees the Texans a playoff spot, due to
the head-to-head matchups. I believe the AFC South is sending
two teams to the playoffs. So, the next ten games consist of

5 AFC South teams
Jets
Ravens
Chargers
Broncos
Eagles.

GNTLEWOLF
10-17-2010, 03:26 PM
My overall point is, 6-4 guarantees the Texans a playoff spot, due to
the head-to-head matchups. I believe the AFC South is sending
two teams to the playoffs. So, the next ten games consist of

5 AFC South teams
Jets
Ravens
Chargers
Broncos
Eagles.

Dex I got your point. I was just trying to imagine where this team as it stands now, will dig up six wins. I know that you weren't implying that this team could even get six wins.
As I see it we might beat Denver and possibly the Chargers the way they are playing.

thunderkyss
10-17-2010, 03:30 PM
As much as players may despise him, I would love for Gruden to become the next HC for our team. He can yell and scream all I want and he's proven to get results.

I think it's pretty obvious you wants something other than results.

We're 4-2 leading the division.

thunderkyss
10-17-2010, 03:36 PM
What he has shown us for all these years is that he doesn't get this team amped up to play two full halves consistently, and this is a team that plays either really HOT or really COLD from quarter to quarter.

I honestly think we make more of this than there really is. The other team get's paid too.. they want to win as well, but regardless what happens, Kubiak is always on the back end. If we blow someone out in the first half, but the other team makes a second half comeback, Kubiak is playing conservative & can't get his team to play for 4 Qtrs. If we stumble in the first half, but come out on fire in the second, He can't get his team amped up to start a game.

Last year, the only thing that mattered was W-L.... stats didn't mean anything. there were no moral victories. This year, we're 4-2 half the team playing injured, we lose our MLB (the QB of the defense), we get a win...... but it ain't good enough.

bckey
10-17-2010, 03:39 PM
We're 4-2 leading the division.

Come on TK. I know you can see how desperate the Texans situation is right now even at 4-2 and leading the division. They just had to score 35 points to beat a Chiefs team that is a run first team. It won't happen like that all year. The Texans defense is horrible and they alone will keep this team from going anywhere. The better teams will exploit our weaknesses to embarrassment. It is great to be happy today but we still have to look at the big picture.

thunderkyss
10-17-2010, 03:40 PM

Why can't we wait two weeks before we start this?

Just two weeks?

eriadoc
10-17-2010, 03:41 PM
I don't understand what he can show us at this point. What can he show us? <snip>

This franchise and it's fans need higher expectations and that's the biggest problem.

It has nothing to do with fan expectations. The team extended him, and Kubiak has built this team into what it is. So Kubiak can get up there and talk about how Earl Mitchell is the type of DT they want, or that they think they'll be fine at the S position, or that they need yet another TE instead of help on D. But show me. If he actually thinks all that, then he needs to win with it.

Moreover, firing the coach in mid-season is just flushing the season down the tubes. There's still a chance that they can make the playoffs with a terrible defense, although that chance seems to be diminishing each week. And even if they do make it, they'll get their asses handed to them. But if you fire Kubiak in mid-season, the team is finished.

So start warming up the interview skills for the off-season and just hope in the meantime. It's all we can do.

eriadoc
10-17-2010, 03:43 PM
I honestly think we make more of this than there really is. The other team get's paid too.. they want to win as well, but regardless what happens, Kubiak is always on the back end. If we blow someone out in the first half, but the other team makes a second half comeback, Kubiak is playing conservative & can't get his team to play for 4 Qtrs. If we stumble in the first half, but come out on fire in the second, He can't get his team amped up to start a game.

Last year, the only thing that mattered was W-L.... stats didn't mean anything. there were no moral victories. This year, we're 4-2 half the team playing injured, we lose our MLB (the QB of the defense), we get a win...... but it ain't good enough.

Sorry, but I'm calling BS. The Texans consistently prove one thing - that they make the other team look really great. New Texans marketing slogan should be "Reliant Stadium: Where Stars Are Made".

Lucky
10-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Why can't we wait two weeks before we start this?

Just two weeks?
Certainly. As long as we don't have to endure 2 weeks of "Kubiak has the team moving in the right direction" threads.

TheMatrix31
10-17-2010, 03:45 PM
These posts are ****ing absurd.

thunderkyss
10-17-2010, 03:50 PM
Come on TK. I know you can see how desperate the Texans situation is right now even at 4-2 and leading the division. They just had to score 35 points to beat a Chiefs team that is a run first team. It won't happen like that all year. The Texans defense is horrible and they alone will keep this team from going anywhere. The better teams will exploit our weaknesses to embarrassment. It is great to be happy today but we still have to look at the big picture.

The HC told you what the plan is. We're going with this young secondary, come hell or high water. He believes in them, & I believe he very well should. I'm loving Glover Quin in his second year. If Jackson can play to that level, we'll be set. I have faith that Jackson will. He's looking really good to me.

Gary believes in the guys we have. He believes they will get better. & we're 4-2.

Goatcheese
10-17-2010, 03:50 PM
Hmm...

We're 4-2, 1st place in the division and undefeated in the AFC.

It's all on Kubiak.

DexmanC
10-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Dex I got your point. I was just trying to imagine where this team as it stands now, will dig up six wins. I know that you weren't implying that this team could even get six wins.
As I see it we might beat Denver and possibly the Chargers the way they are playing.

The Chargers just got their All-Pro left tackle back from a holdout, and
their #1 receiver, Vincent Jackson, is expected to report to the team
from a holdout. So, by the time the Chargers play us, their offense
should be "full tilt."

Wolf
10-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Bush needs to go , however, I don't know who they could replace him with ...

eriadoc
10-17-2010, 03:53 PM
Hmm...

We're 4-2, 1st place in the division and undefeated in the AFC.

It's all on Kubiak.

Yep. And if Kubiak is as willing as you are to ignore in victory what he would not ignore in defeat, then I guess we'll see where that gets him, huh?

Like I said, this is his make-or-break year. Regardless, his decision-making has not improved this team's chances to win.

Goatcheese
10-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Yep. And if Kubiak is as willing as you are to ignore in victory what he would not ignore in defeat, then I guess we'll see where that gets him, huh?

Like I said, this is his make-or-break year. Regardless, his decision-making has not improved this team's chances to win.

My post will be the same no matter what happens.

If we end up 4-12 it will look like this:

Hmm...

We're 4-12, last place in the division and got our asses kicked in the AFC.

It's all on Kubiak.

thunderkyss
10-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Sorry, but I'm calling BS. The Texans consistently prove one thing - that they make the other team look really great. New Texans marketing slogan should be "Reliant Stadium: Where Stars Are Made".

I'm only watching the game right now, but so far I don't have any huge problems with the game. I did listen to the whole thing on the radio, but the first half looked pretty good to me.

If I remember the broadcast pretty well, the offense moved the ball a little, the great kick-off returner Vonta Leach got us in position to score 7 in the second qtr, & we gave up a late last minute TD.

No big deal, happens all the time.

Offense looked bad in the 3rd Qtr.. defense looked really bad in the 3rd Qtr (we lost Demeco early in the 3rd).

We scored 21 points in the 4th... if it were the NYGiants scoring 21 points in a single Qtr, it's excellent frek'n coaching. If it's the Texans, it's blind luck.

remember, stats are meaningless. Ws & Ls are the only thing that matters. You want to ***** about Kubiak losing 8 games this year, let's wait 'till he does.

that's all I'm saying.

thunderkyss
10-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Certainly. As long as we don't have to endure 2 weeks of "Kubiak has the team moving in the right direction" threads.

Man.... Kubiak sure has this team moving in the right direction. Never give up, play till the whistle blows.... just do it. We must protect this house, it's in you........

yadda, yadda, yadda.

DexmanC
10-17-2010, 04:03 PM

Yes. You're right. There WILL be balance. LOL

Showtime100
10-17-2010, 04:08 PM
The way I see it Kubiak is the head coach of the Texans and will be for the foreseeable future. Granted, the foreseeable future in the NFL is nor far but this is the deal right now.

I was disappointed when Kubiak's contract was upped but from that moment on all I can really do is ***** about draw plays on 3rd and 20. I think right now firing Kubes would do more harm than good.

If there is no Week 18 for this team I'm sure I will have plenty to say but for now this the hand dealt and so I will just have to live with it and hope for the best.

wagonhed
10-17-2010, 04:13 PM
I mentioned this elsewhere and got no responses. I wonder if anyone else has noticed that between our Head Coach, DC, and OC, they have less than 6 years of experience in that coaching spot. Kubes has 4, Bush has 1, Dennison has 0.

Ultimately, in the NFL, you are what your record says you are. Still, last year we should have won a couple games we lost (Colts at home, Jags at home). This year, we have won one we should have lost (Skins) and very nearly another (Chiefs).

Here's what I'm saying. Last year we got unlucky in going 9-7. This year we are damn lucky to be 4-2 and the way we are playing right now, I won't be surprised to see us miss the playoffs again.

I don't think Kubiak should go because of where we are right now, but because of where I expect us to be in 10 weeks. Actually I think Kubiak has gotten as a HC, but his coaching team is abysmal, and that's what matters.

Thorn
10-17-2010, 04:13 PM
4-2 is good, but there will be two other AFC South teams with the same record after Monday night. The team in last place will be 3-3. This is the year the Texans HAVE to win in the division, or they'll miss the playoffs again.

wagonhed
10-17-2010, 04:15 PM
Oh and another thing. I think our 4-2 record says a lot more about the talent on our team than it does about our coaching. They are winning in spite of the coaching, imo.

Scooter
10-17-2010, 04:15 PM
anybody remember the 2 win texans season? that's the roster kubiak started with, let that sink in before reading further.

kubiak has replaced every player on the roster but AJ, is sporting the youngest starting 22 in the league (again), and still may not have completed his coaching staff (if kubiak's here next season, marciano wont be without dramatic improvements). everyone here and in both local and national media talks about the great young talent we have ... that kubiak has brought in, while dumping salary, while somehow accumulating excess cap room, while holding onto draft picks. just about everyone short of the patriots, ravens, and steelers want to be able to build that well that fast ... and they've had a 30 year head start.

those two win texans i mentioned earlier? in under 5 seasons kubiak has a winning record already as a head coach. we're 4-2 heading into our bye week. we're leading arguably the toughest division in the NFL with a week to get healthy and return our starting LT.

our defense is getting destroyed, i get it. we live in houston and expect the worst, i get it. to be bitching about where we are now, especially after a win where we fought until the final seconds is absolutely absurd.

eriadoc
10-17-2010, 04:20 PM
anybody remember the 2 win texans season? that's the roster kubiak started with, let that sink in before reading further.

OK, now that it's sunk in, let me offer a bit of alternative perspective on that.

1.) This is Kubiak's team. He built it, he chooses who plays, and he's responsible for the result.

2.) Take a look at other teams in the NFL that have rebuilt their roster in similar timeframes and check their results. Sure, you have teams like the Saints, but you also have teams like the Falcons and Dolphins and now the Chiefs. Coaches don't get 5 years in this league without making the playoffs. Other teams can get there, so we damn sure need to expect it from ours.

Texecutioner
10-17-2010, 04:21 PM
It has nothing to do with fan expectations. The team extended him, and Kubiak has built this team into what it is. So Kubiak can get up there and talk about how Earl Mitchell is the type of DT they want, or that they think they'll be fine at the S position, or that they need yet another TE instead of help on D. But show me. If he actually thinks all that, then he needs to win with it.

Moreover, firing the coach in mid-season is just flushing the season down the tubes. There's still a chance that they can make the playoffs with a terrible defense, although that chance seems to be diminishing each week. And even if they do make it, they'll get their asses handed to them. But if you fire Kubiak in mid-season, the team is finished.

So start warming up the interview skills for the off-season and just hope in the meantime. It's all we can do.

Oh, I'm not suggesting that the Texans fire him in mid season. That would be a waste of time, because it would never happen any way. Although, that wouldn't bother me one bit, because at least I wouldn't have to worry about a playoff appearance saving his job and getting him a longer extension which it certainly will if the Texans make the playoffs. I can't stand Kubes, but I'm forced to root for him and this team with zero confidence that he'll ever take them to the SB and we've got a good enough roster to get there right now if we had the right HC to lead them.

This team is still the same inconsistent team that they were last season though. When physical teams punch them in the mouth, the Texans fold. They play for half a game, and it's just awful to watch an uninspired team that's such a reflection on their HC. This offense bails Gary's ineptitude out time and time again. Kubiak reminds me a lot of Mack brown, but at least Brown went out and got the best defensive mind in the country that could camoflouge him and GD's awful offensive play calling. Gary went with Frank Bush after Smith.

Livid13
10-17-2010, 04:24 PM
Come on guys/gals, please feel free to pile on without any retribution. WHY, WHY does this thread exist ? We're 4-2 , on top of the division and can beat the Jags, Titans and Indy.......TWICE. I know this is a board comprised of VERY intelligent and savvy fans, but come ON. YES, this team is horrid on defense. YES, we are an extremely inconsistant club, but we won a game today that we HAD to have. I get tired of reading all of the half hearted compliments to the team as a whole and the downright JADED comments of weary TEXANS fans. Feel free to point out bone headed coaching decisions, poor play (at times) and an overall malaise. Just remember how you all felt when we lost our OLD franchise and how thrilled you were to get a second chance in the NFL. I'm not saying go tripping all over yourselves with blind optimisim, but we have won games that would have been losses in years past. How about some unbridled love, if for only an afternoon ? In closing, "SCORE BOARD" !

Texecutioner
10-17-2010, 04:27 PM
OK, now that it's sunk in, let me offer a bit of alternative perspective on that.

1.) This is Kubiak's team. He built it, he chooses who plays, and he's responsible for the result.

2.) Take a look at other teams in the NFL that have rebuilt their roster in similar timeframes and check their results. Sure, you have teams like the Saints, but you also have teams like the Falcons and Dolphins and now the Chiefs. Coaches don't get 5 years in this league without making the playoffs. Other teams can get there, so we damn sure need to expect it from ours.

Scooter's little statement about remembering 2 wins is exactly what I was talking about earlier about fans expectations and the front office's expectations. People are so afraid of what they were under Capers, that Kubiak's average seasons and inconsistencies are acceptable. All of his problems as a HC get ignored. If the Texans do make the playoffs most of the fans will act like we won a SB even if we get blown out as a WIldcard team and play uninspired. Making the playoffs will get this team a parade probably. This team's utter failures from the Capers era unfortunately has dropped expectations big time.

thunderkyss
10-17-2010, 04:27 PM

1.) This is Kubiak's team. He built it, he chooses who plays, and he's responsible for the results. .

4-2

Undefeated in the AFC

Leading the AFC South.

It's on Kubiak.

eriadoc
10-17-2010, 04:30 PM
4-2

Undefeated in the AFC

Leading the AFC South.

It's on Kubiak.

I agree with this, as I pointed out earlier. You're a fool and/or being deliberately obtuse to ignore the obvious signs that people in this thread are arguing. So I'll tell you what: you go on thinking exactly what you posted, and we'll just revisit that at the end of the season. This thread's not going anywhere, because Kubiak's not doing anything to make it go anywhere.

DexmanC
10-17-2010, 04:30 PM
anybody remember the 2 win texans season?

You do know that same roster won SEVEN games the year before, right?
Quit using 2-10 to justify Kubiak being stuck-in-place.

Rate him on RESULTS. 6-4 over the next 10 gets you into the playoffs..

Texecutioner
10-17-2010, 04:31 PM
Just remember how you all felt when we lost our OLD franchise and how thrilled you were to get a second chance in the NFL. I'm not saying go tripping all over yourselves with blind optimisim, but we have won games that would have been losses in years past. How about some unbridled love, if for only an afternoon ? In closing, "SCORE BOARD" !

Again, how many years are we going to hear excuses like this from certain fans? What the hell does the Oilers leaving have to do with poor coaching right now? Every season we go through this where certain fans say "remember how it was when Capers was here" or "remember what happened when we lost our team?" I mean some of you act like we'll lose the team for demanding better coaching. What the hell? How long will it be before people stop trying to compare everything to the Capers era or bringing up Bud Adams leaving this town as a reason for why no one should dare to bring up the problems that still exist under Kubiak as a HC?

Livid13
10-17-2010, 04:33 PM
Scooter's little statement about remembering 2 wins is exactly what I was talking about earlier about fans expectations and the front office's expectations. People are so afraid of what they were under Capers, that Kubiak's average seasons and inconsistencies are acceptable. All of his problems as a HC get ignored. If the Texans do make the playoffs most of the fans will act like we won a SB even if we get blown out as a WIldcard team and play uninspired. Making the playoffs will get this team a parade probably. This team's utter failures from the Capers era unfortunately has dropped expectations big time.

What would you have ? Seriously, in all honesty, what do you want to happen ?

awtysst
10-17-2010, 04:35 PM

Ah, there's the rub!

Its easy to call for someone's head, but who do you replace him with?

DexmanC
10-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Come on guys/gals, please feel free to pile on without any retribution. WHY, WHY does this thread exist ? We're 4-2 , on top of the division and can beat the Jags, Titans and Indy.......TWICE. I know this is a board comprised of VERY intelligent and savvy fans, but come ON. YES, this team is horrid on defense. YES, we are an extremely inconsistant club, but we won a game today that we HAD to have. I get tired of reading all of the half hearted compliments to the team as a whole and the downright JADED comments of weary TEXANS fans. Feel free to point out bone headed coaching decisions, poor play (at times) and an overall malaise. Just remember how you all felt when we lost our OLD franchise and how thrilled you were to get a second chance in the NFL. I'm not saying go tripping all over yourselves with blind optimisim, but we have won games that would have been losses in years past. How about some unbridled love, if for only an afternoon ? In closing, "SCORE BOARD" !

No need to feign ignorance. Some of us want our team to actually play
for the big prize now-and-then. The days of being "the best non-winning
team in the NFL," and enjoying it, are over. Kubiak's inconsistent team
is the same bunch we've watched since he got here.

Being better than the worst head coach/GM-pairing in team history, ain't
good enough to keep Kubiak around if he doesn't produce. No one can
tell their boss "I may not meet the company standard, but I'm better than
that LAST guy" and expect to keep their job.

Kubiak being better than Dom Capers isn't the standard. Playoffs and
championships are the standard. The fans at Reliant won't let
Bob Mcnair forget that.

eriadoc
10-17-2010, 04:39 PM
What would you have ? Seriously, in all honesty, what do you want to happen ?

Well, personally I don't fault McNair for hiring Kubiak. Sometimes you give an up-and-coming coordinator a job. In Kubiak's case, someone was going to, for sure. However, when Richard Smith was fired, Frank Bush was promoted. That's kind of like when Capers fired Palmer as OC and then promoted the O-Line coach to OC. Absurd. Then, after it was pretty clear last year that the team consistently came out inconsistent, Kubiak should have been let go. Since he was kept, I want to see him play solid, winning football with the team he built.

I'm getting wins, but not winning football, and definitely not solid football. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, so I'm happy about that, but only a fool continues to rely on luck. It's not hard to determine trends from Kubiak's tenure, and you'd have to be a fool to ignore trends.

eriadoc
10-17-2010, 04:41 PM

Ah, there's the rub!

Its easy to call for someone's head, but who do you replace him with?

Easy answer is you replace Richard Smith with Gregg Williams, which is exactly what a ton of posters on this board wanted. Instead, you got a guy that had contributed to the prior crappy defense promoted to being in charge of a crappy defense.

Scooter
10-17-2010, 04:51 PM

1 ... i assume no sane fan will hold 2006 against him, and since then kubiak is 29-25 and currently leading the division (after being robbed out of a playoff birth last season). even with all of my reasons and excuses, that's the result. i know "Not For Long", and i absolutely hate it - especially with a team this young and with our potential tied directly to kubiak. but the result is positive.

2 ... no team has had our turnover. each team mentioned had (has) core pieces in place and were in better position to add players. parcells went to miami with an aged but veteran team and brought key free agents and coaches with him - it took 3 seasons to get "kubiak's" defensive coordinator and 5 to get his offensive coordinator. sure it sucks as a fan to take so long, but i'll be a fan tomorrow and 10 years from tomorrow. my perspective follows that timeline, this team is being built too well and is moving forward too well to get off of the ride - no matter how bumpy.

Texecutioner
10-17-2010, 04:53 PM
I'm getting wins, but not winning football, and definitely not solid football. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, so I'm happy about that, but only a fool continues to rely on luck. It's not hard to determine trends from Kubiak's tenure, and you'd have to be a fool to ignore trends.

This sums up his tenure in a nutshell Eriodic. Very accurate way to describe it. Repped big time for the description.

Scooter
10-17-2010, 05:17 PM

actually my little statement was to illustrate exactly what kubiak has done to get to the 4-2 record (division leader, heading into the bye to get healthy and fix some of these problems) that you and others are complaining about. fans like many read in this post and the largest portion of most gameday threads would ***** for days about the things we did wrong while winning a superbowl. "we'll never repeat because we only ran for 70 yards in this superbowl!!!", fire kubiak! or some other nonsense ... only slightly more absurd than your great parade for making the playoffs.

13-9 in the past season and a half, after being absolutely robbed of a playoff birth, and some raise hell to fire the head coach of the youngest starting 22 in the league. i guess where we are NOW, where we were LAST SEASON, and where i think WE WILL BE are no match for where we'll inevitably be according to those here.

Texan_Bill
10-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Fire Kubiak!!! Fire Kubiak!! :francis: Fire Kubiak!!! :francis:

Please!!! Some of you people are jokes and I thank the good Lord above, some of y'all are nothing more than posters on a message board and have nothing, whatsoever to do with the Texans!

JB
10-17-2010, 06:08 PM

Please!!! Some of you people are jokes and I thank the good Lord above, some of y'all are nothing more than posters on a message board and have nothing, whatsoever to do with the Texans!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Texan_Bill
10-17-2010, 06:10 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

That's how I roll!!! :D

JB
10-17-2010, 06:11 PM
That's how I roll!!! :D

Missed ya today bud! I needed someone to hit real bad...

we could have gone lookin' for melon heads and mudpies!

Showtime100
10-17-2010, 06:18 PM
I see TB is in good form after the W. :gamer:

Texan_Bill
10-17-2010, 06:25 PM
I see TB is in good form after the W. :gamer:

I'm always in good form!! :heh:

Rey
10-17-2010, 06:30 PM
4-2

Undefeated in the AFC

Leading the AFC South.

It's on Kubiak.

I've seen coaches get fired even after taking their teams to the play-offs.

I'm not saying Kubiak should be fired (yet), but I do not think that he has done a great job this season...despite his W/L record...

See, it works both ways....

A coach can be doing a better job than his record indicates, or he can be doing a worse job than his record indicates...

I'd actually like to Kubiak, just present a team that comes out and plays good football from all aspects in one of the wins we've had...Or hell...even one of the losses...Doesn't matter...

"How" this team has been playing is poorly for the most part. I'm very happy we got the win today,but c'mon...You'd really have to be sticking your head in the sand to ignore the many shortcomings we have...especially defensively...

I actually think the offense is fine, but I doubt we are going to be able to win shootouts every week...

Texan_Bill
10-17-2010, 06:39 PM
:zzz:

ObsiWan
10-17-2010, 06:47 PM
The Chargers just got their All-Pro left tackle back from a holdout, and
their #1 receiver, Vincent Jackson, is expected to report to the team
from a holdout. So, by the time the Chargers play us, their offense
should be "full tilt."

You DO realize these are the same Chargers that lost to the Raiders and Rams in successive weeks, right?

thunderkyss
10-17-2010, 06:47 PM
I agree with this, as I pointed out earlier. You're a fool and/or being deliberately obtuse to ignore the obvious signs that people in this thread are arguing.

Yes, I'm being a deliberately obtuse about the situation. The post I quoted, you're talking about results, & judging Kubiak on results. Well, I posted the results.... yet you're judging him on something totally different.

Last year, all off-season, when some of us are talking about being a top 4 defense over the last 13 games, or being a top 10 defense over the whole season, we were countered with the W-L.

That's all that mattered.

But now... now.. that group wants to talk about actual performance. forget the W-L because it doesn't mean anything.

Now, we want to talk about what the W-L will be at the end of the year, if "this" don't happen, or if Kubiak doesn't do "that"

Make up your minds, that's all I'm saying.

So I'll tell you what: you go on thinking exactly what you posted, and we'll just revisit that at the end of the season. This thread's not going anywhere, because Kubiak's not doing anything to make it go anywhere.

I'm not scared. I'll be here.

Brando
10-17-2010, 06:48 PM

:texflag::kingkong:

ObsiWan
10-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Oh and another thing. I think our 4-2 record says a lot more about the talent on our team than it does about our coaching. They are winning in spite of the coaching, imo.
Listen, you Kubiak haters can't have it both ways.

if the players win the game, then it's on them when we lose.

if you folks claim the coach doesn't get the players prepared/inspired/ready when we lose, then he must have gotten them ready/prepared/inspired when we win.

and if it's just the talent responsible for this win (or any win), then I ask you who assembled that talent? Who makes the cuts and decides who starts and who plays? I think that guy is the head coach.

And the coach or the players (pick one) have us at 4-2 and leading the division.

Thank you, you just made a case why Kubiak should stay.

Marcus
10-17-2010, 07:06 PM

That has to be one of the most negative, glass half-empty posts I've seen in awhile! Congratulations! Rep coming your way!

For you and the rest of you who get tired of a coach just because he hasn't met YOUR expectations fast enough, be careful what you wish for. It never turns out the way you want.

thunderkyss
No need to feign ignorance. Some of us want our team to actually play
for the big prize now-and-then. The days of being "the best non-winning
team in the NFL," and enjoying it, are over. Kubiak's inconsistent team
is the same bunch we've watched since he got here.

Kansas City looks pretty inconsistent to me right now. How many touchdowns have they allowed before today? 305 passing yards? 129 yards on the ground?

GreenBay looks pretty inconsistent to me. Dolphins beat them. Washington beat them. Detroit scored 26 points on them. Chicago beat them.

San Diego is looking pretty inconsistent. Oakland & St Louis? I can understand one of the worst teams in the league beating you. But two?

Chicago loses to the Giants when the Giants weren't playing well. The offense scored what 3 points (the Giants offense). They lost to Seattle.. Seattle!

Welcome to the NFL.

Instead of talking about subjectives, lets get into a conversation about specific performances, lets talk about what's really wrong on this team. You keep talking about energy, ho-hum, attitude.... that's BS. You make it sounds like they'd win every game if they just want it bad enough.

This is the NFL, & it don't work that way.

Thorn
Well, whose fault is it that we have the worst defense in the NFL right now?

Smith? Kubiak? Bush? Other coaches? Players? Refs? Texans Talk BBS posters?

It's somebodys fault. My God, our defense couldn't stop a high school team right now. I'm glad we won, I want to see the Texans in the playoffs, I want a Super Bowl trophy for our team just as much as anyone does. But it doesn't mean I'm going to turn a blind eye to the most craptastic defense I've ever seen. In 2002 the expansion Texans were 16th in the league in defense at the end of the year. Where is the Texans defense rated now? LAST!!!!!!

JB
10-17-2010, 07:07 PM
Yes, I'm being a deliberately obtuse about the situation. The post I quoted, you're talking about results, & judging Kubiak on results. Well, I posted the results.... yet you're judging him on something totally different.

Last year, all off-season, when some of us are talking about being a top 4 defense over the last 13 games, or being a top 10 defense over the whole season, we were countered with the W-L.

That's all that mattered.

But now... now.. that group wants to talk about actual performance. forget the W-L because it doesn't mean anything.

Now, we want to talk about what the W-L will be at the end of the year, if "this" don't happen, or if Kubiak doesn't do "that"

Make up your minds, that's all I'm saying.

I'm not scared. I'll be here.

Nice post TK. All we heard from certain quarters was that results were what mattered. Now when the results are good ( and prior to wk 1 we all would have been estatic with a 4-2 record) it's not the results at all, it's how we got there.

Ckw
10-17-2010, 07:07 PM

I'd just like to know why you've done such a good job keeping up with this thread but have failed to answer my questions both times I have asked them.

Sure, get drunk celebrating the win. Party hard. Enjoy it. Am I happy we won? Hell yes. But am I happy the WAY we have been winning? Hell no. We have had ONE big time win. Kubiak has been consistently outcoached. Our defense has been abysmal. Our recent draft picks, Cushing off roids may eventually need to be included, have been failures up to this point (please note I am not saying they will NEVER be good or even great players).

I just have to know, do you think Kubiak is the answer? Forget all the posts by the people you refer to as "jokes." Just answer the ****ing question if you are going to bash everyone on here for expressing a viewpoint that is different than yours. Do you think Kubiak can or will be the guy to take us to the promised land? Do you think our defense has played up to par under Kubiak in his ENTIRE time coaching here? Have we really played the way you would like?

If the answer to all of those questions is yes, then continue your bashing. We are all Texans fans, and we all want what is best for this franchise. Some of us are just tired of believing this team has "turned the corner", but then continue to be let down by the teams poor play.

Just remember dude, we are all rooting for the same franchise. We are all happy that we are sitting at 4-2. We all want the best for this team. Some of us just see things that bother us, see big mistakes that bother us, and see an inconsistent team that can't seem to play two good halves and believe heads need to roll because of it.

thunderkyss
10-17-2010, 07:08 PM

3 scores in the 4th Qtr... luck.

we're just lucky...

:tiphat:

JB
10-17-2010, 07:10 PM

It's somebodys fault. My God, our defense couldn't stop a high school team right now. I'm glad we won, I want to see the Texans in the playoffs, I want a Super Bowl trophy for our team just as much as anyone does. But it doesn't mean I'm going to turn a blind eye to the most craptastic defense I've ever seen. In 2002 the expansion Texans were 16th in the league in defense at the end of the year. Where is the Texans defense rated now? LAST!!!!!!

I understand what you are saying, but actually Buffalo is last.

Thorn
10-17-2010, 07:12 PM
I understand what you are saying, but actually Buffalo is last.

I just checked ESPN, and I'm sure they don't have all the stuff in from today, but they have Washington last. We're 31st. Oops. My bad. We're not last, we're next to last. LOL

houstonspartan
10-17-2010, 07:16 PM

Co-sign. That's how we are: We can't get rid of Kubiak because, well, look at what we had under Capers! (As if the only alternative would be re-hiring Capers. I swear, we sports fans can be dumbasses sometimes).

Having said that, I went to the game today, and it was a blast. I have no voice and damn near had a heart attack, but defintely a good day at Reliant.

Still, I bet if you asked Kubiak about our problems on defense, he would say: "What problems? Our defense is fine."

Clueless.

Ckw
10-17-2010, 07:16 PM

Rep!

Some of you need to read this over a few times. Sure we have some injuries. But this is KUBIAK'S DEFENSE. HE assembled this team. HE chose his coordinators. HE chose many of his players. HE decided to go into battle with a rookie CB, a couple of 2nd year CBs, safeties that can't cover, and HE decided to let go of one of our better backup LBs in Danny Clark.

thunderkyss
10-17-2010, 07:21 PM
Easy answer is you replace Richard Smith with Gregg Williams, which is exactly what a ton of posters on this board wanted. Instead, you got a guy that had contributed to the prior crappy defense promoted to being in charge of a crappy defense.

Greg Williams?

Is that the guy that allowed 22 points to the 1-5 (they beat Oakland) 49ers? 275 yards to Alex Smith (his second best game this year)? 112 yards to Frank Gore (his second best game this year (by far))?

27 points to Atlanta? Their second highest point total of the year. 114 yards to Michael Turner? His second best game of the year by a wide margin as well. Atlanta hasn't been able to beat anybody this year worth a crap..... but the won this game with 27 points.

86 yards to DeAngelo Williams, who can't run more than 60 yards on the likes of the Giants, the Bucs, the Bengals, or the Bears.

Do you mean that Greg Williams?

Seriously?

Wolf
10-17-2010, 07:24 PM
Greg Williams?

Is that the guy that allowed 22 points to the 1-5 (they beat Oakland) 49ers? 275 yards to Alex Smith (his second best game this year)? 112 yards to Frank Gore (his second best game this year (by far))?

27 points to Atlanta? Their second highest point total of the year. 114 yards to Michael Turner? His second best game of the year by a wide margin as well. Atlanta hasn't been able to beat anybody this year worth a crap..... but the won this game with 27 points.

86 yards to DeAngelo Williams, who can't run more than 60 yards on the likes of the Giants, the Bucs, the Bengals, or the Bears.

Seriously?

luckily those teams aren't playing us

i'd love it if the Texans would "only" give up 22 points a game

Scooter
10-17-2010, 07:26 PM
But am I happy the WAY we have been winning? Hell no.

this is what i disagree with. heck yeah i'm happy with the way we're winning. we dominated a team who goes no worse than 12 wins every season and in week 6 already have 2 come from behind wins. the second part of that statement describes what all great teams do, they find ways to win when things arent going well.

kubiak is a former offensive coordinator. a former quarterback. he coaches potentially the best offense in the league. has hired a staff who is familiar with him and doesnt appear to be finished. has given most money and draft picks to the defense and still dominates on offense. if there's a gripe with what kubiak's done it's frank bush ... though across 13 games of last season we had a fairly good defense, so i want to see what happens after the bye before proclaiming that the sky is falling.

Scooter
10-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Co-sign. That's how we are: We can't get rid of Kubiak because, well, look at what we had under Capers! (As if the only alternative would be re-hiring Capers. I swear, we sports fans can be dumbasses sometimes).

Having said that, I went to the game today, and it was a blast. I have no voice and damn near had a heart attack, but defintely a good day at Reliant.

Still, I bet if you asked Kubiak about our problems on defense, he would say: "What problems? Our defense is fine."

Clueless.

only 2 people have mentioned capers, guess who.

thunderkyss
10-17-2010, 07:28 PM
I'm not saying Kubiak should be fired (yet), but I do not think that he has done a great job this season...despite his W/L record...

See, it works both ways....

See, I'm not going to get into the "excuses" about why I believe Kubiak has done a great job this year. But I will tell you this.

Before the season started, I thought the only way we wouldn't make it to the play-offs, was if we had some serious injury to important members of this team.

Now, I don't think even that will stop us.

Marcus
10-17-2010, 07:30 PM
I just checked ESPN, and I'm sure they don't have all the stuff in from today, but they have Washington last. We're 31st. Oops. My bad. We're not last, we're next to last. LOL

So who do you want to point the finger at next? Your deceased mother-in-law or the tooth fairy?

thunderkyss
10-17-2010, 07:30 PM
You DO realize these are the same Chargers that lost to the Raiders and Rams in successive weeks, right?

Did you say successive weeks? Is that like two weeks in a row or something?

Maybe they are being more consistent than I'm giving them credit for.

:kitten:

Thorn
10-17-2010, 07:34 PM
So who do you want to point the finger at next? Your deceased mother-in-law or the tooth fairy?

The tooth fairy. I don't have a mother-in-law. :)

thunderkyss
10-17-2010, 07:35 PM

Gee, yesterday this was the most potent run game in the NFL.... today they're not even a highschool team.

Oh yeah, forget the fact that Demeco went down, his back up wasn't active today, we had someone who never (that I know of play the position) taking his place, & some guy I didn't even know was on our team playing the WiLL LB spot.

Thorn
10-17-2010, 07:39 PM
Gee, yesterday this was the most potent run game in the NFL.... today they're not even a highschool team.

Oh yeah, forget the fact that Demeco went down, his back up wasn't active today, we had someone who never (that I know of play the position) taking his place, & some guy I didn't even know was on our team playing the WiLL LB spot.

Huh?? I was speaking to the defense, not the offense. It's obvious we have one of the best offenses in the league. As to Demeco going down, they were already playing bad when he was in there.

DexmanC
10-17-2010, 07:43 PM

You DO realize they didn't have their All-Pro left tackle, nor their #1
receiver during those games, right? Both of their stars
were trying to force the front office to trade, and had yet to play
a down of football until this week.

thunderkyss
10-17-2010, 07:50 PM
I just have to know, do you think Kubiak is the answer? Forget all the posts by the people you refer to as "jokes." Just answer the ****ing question if you are going to bash everyone on here for expressing a viewpoint that is different than yours. Do you think Kubiak can or will be the guy to take us to the promised land? Do you think our defense has played up to par under Kubiak in his ENTIRE time coaching here? Have we really played the way you would like?
Yes, Kubiak will get us to the promised land.
Yes, I was very happy with out defense last year.
Yes we've played the way I would like

If the answer to all of those questions is yes, then continue your bashing. We are all Texans fans, and we all want what is best for this franchise. Some of us are just tired of believing this team has "turned the corner", but then continue to be let down by the teams poor play.
It's kinda hard to turn the corner when you guys keep moving the damn thing.

These ugly wins.... would have been losses last year. Plain & simple. It's nothing that is going to show up on a stat sheet. Nothing you can put your finger on. It's that intangible maturity level we were lacking last year. If we're 100% healthy after the by, this team is going to turn circles around those corners you keep moving.

Just remember dude, we are all rooting for the same franchise. We are all happy that we are sitting at 4-2. We all want the best for this team. Some of us just see things that bother us, see big mistakes that bother us, and see an inconsistent team that can't seem to play two good halves and believe heads need to roll because of it.

Take inconsistent out of your vocabulary. Let's get more specific. What's wrong with our pass defense? If you say secondary, show me... if you say it's our young corners, show me. There are plenty of threads around here discussing the specifics. Several posters have contributed evidence contrary to popular belief, but we keep getting the same arguments..... inconsistency.

Let's get specific, what's been inconsistent?

DexmanC
10-17-2010, 07:51 PM

Greg Williams?

Seriously?

The same Gregg Williams that held Tampa Bay to 6 points today?
When will the Texans allow less than 24 points? When will
the Texans defense not make bad quarterbacks look decent, decent
quarterbacks look like probowlers, pro bowl quarterbacks look like
hall of famers, and giving hall of fame quarterbacks career games?

Saints Defense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Texans Defense
No comparison.

I have NO confidence they'll keep the Colts under 24 points in two
weeks. Give up that number in Indy, and that's a LOSS.

Ckw
10-17-2010, 07:52 PM
this is what i disagree with. heck yeah i'm happy with the way we're winning. we dominated a team who goes no worse than 12 wins every season and in week 6 already have 2 come from behind wins. the second part of that statement describes what all great teams do, they find ways to win when things arent going well.

kubiak is a former offensive coordinator. a former quarterback. he coaches potentially the best offense in the league. has hired a staff who is familiar with him and doesnt appear to be finished. has given most money and draft picks to the defense and still dominates on offense. if there's a gripe with what kubiak's done it's frank bush ... though across 13 games of last season we had a fairly good defense, so i want to see what happens after the bye before proclaiming that the sky is falling.

It's all perspective man. I see what you are saying but what I see is a team that only seems to really come out when their backs are against the wall or when they are really motivated (which is rare). The Colts game was one of those games. We came out ready to play and treated game 1 of this season like it was our Super Bowl. Our players were even hyping it as such and what did we do? We came out and punched the Colts in the mouth unlike just about any team we have ever played. I commend them for that.

But what do we do in game 2? We get stomped in the first half and have to rely on a miraculous comeback to win the game against a team we should have beaten fairly easily. And game 3? Well you know what happened.

If we come out and beat up on the Colts again in two weeks, then I will shut my pie hole. But I'm not counting on it...

thunderkyss
10-17-2010, 07:52 PM

Clueless.

No doubt about it, someone is clueless alright. Kubiak ain't never said no dumbshit like that, & after every win this year, he's told us there are some things we need to work on.

Clueless.......

ObsiWan
10-17-2010, 07:54 PM
sooooo... you're saying the loss of key players matters to other teams' performance but it shouldn't matter to the Texans because it's always Kubiak's fault...?

just trying to understand where you're coming from

thunderkyss
10-17-2010, 07:54 PM

People act like the Colts led the league in defense the last 10 years.

DexmanC
10-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Yes, we're 4-2. Give up 24 points on any of our division teams,
Jets, or Ravens, that's a potential 7 losses right there. This defense,
that Kubiak's responsible for, is HORRRRREENNNNDOUSSS.

We can't count the loss of Demeco as an excuse, because they
were still horrendous with him in there. Cushing isn't the animal
he was last year, and the kiddie corners got worked by receivers
with bad hands today.

The run defense is merely average. When a team runs with dedication,
they will wear this defense SMOOTH OUT. The offense can NOT put up
35-40 points a week. If we're to sniff 6 more wins this season, the
defense MUST find a way to hold people under 20 points. Has
not happened yet, and we've played more than 1/3 of the season.

thunderkyss
10-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Huh?? I was speaking to the defense, not the offense. It's obvious we have one of the best offenses in the league. As to Demeco going down, they were already playing bad when he was in there.

No, I was talking about the Chiefs running game.

texansdrummer
10-17-2010, 07:57 PM
Not even Jerry Jones would fire his coach at 4-2....is that really the kind of FO some of you want? If it were up to this board we'd have about 10 coaches each......game.

DexmanC
10-17-2010, 07:57 PM
sooooo... you're saying the loss of key players matters to other teams' performance but it shouldn't matter to the Texans because it's always Kubiak's fault...?

just trying to understand where you're coming from

soooooooooooo.... I'm saying a coach that's taken his team to the playoffs
a couple times within 5 years gets more "benefit of the doubt." Kubiak's
in a position where he has to deliver, even if all 53 men on the roster are
lost, and he has to bring in reserve players from the CFL.

thunderkyss
10-17-2010, 07:58 PM

Ah..... it's okay for the San Diego Chargers to have excuses..

that seems fair...

J_R
10-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Kubiak has gone from

"It needs to get better."

"We gotta fix it."

"It needs to get better."

"We gotta fix it"

to

I have no answer for our D so...(that's me saying that)

"Our O and ST will have to carry and win games for us"

Where is Dale and Barrett when you need them to decode the pressers, heh.

DexmanC
10-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Ah..... it's okay for the San Diego Chargers to have excuses..

that seems fair...

See my response to ObsiWan...

Pantherstang84
10-17-2010, 08:00 PM
When will the Texans allow less than 24 points? When will

No comparison.

Actually, I think it is the same Gregg Williams with a ring on his finger as a defensive coordinator.

kiwitexansfan
10-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Actually, I think it is the same Gregg Williams with a ring on his finger as a defensive coordinator.

Gregg Williams is a high risk/high reward type.

When it works its sensational, when it doesn't it is sensational. I think with his defenses it depends a lot on the bounce of the ball and a bit of luck.

DexmanC
10-17-2010, 08:05 PM
Gregg Williams is a high risk/high reward type.

When it works its sensational, when it doesn't it is sensational. I think with his defenses it depends a lot on the bounce of the ball and a bit of luck.

I do know his defense doesn't consistently give bad/mediocre quarterbacks
career games every week.

kiwitexansfan
10-17-2010, 08:06 PM
I do know his defense doesn't consistently give bad/mediocre quarterbacks
career games every week.

Perhaps not but they do concede big plays regularly and against good OLines and QBs they get sliced and diced.

All depends on what you want in a defense, there is more than one way to cook an egg..... too bad our ovens broken.

thunderkyss
10-17-2010, 08:08 PM

The 28th scoring team in the league Tampa Bay Buccaneers??

The high flying 16 points per game Tampa Bay Buccaneers??

& you think that is impressive?

When will the Texans allow less than 24 points?

If they were to play the Bucs they'd probably allow less than 24 points.

When will

Just thinking out loud.

Peyton Manning
Houston 433 yards
NYGiants 255 yards
Broncos 325 yards
Jaguars 352 yards
Chiefs 244 yards

Donovan McNabb
Dallas ..171 yards
Houston..426 yards
StLouis... 236 yards
Philly... ..125 yards
GreenBay..357 yards

Tony Romo
Washington 282 yards
Chicago ..374 yards
Houston ..284 yards
Tennessee ..406 yards

Bruce Gradkowski
STLouis....162 yards
Arizona....255 yards
Houston...278 yards
SanDiego...14 yards

Eli Manning
Carolina ..263 yards
Indy... 161 yards
Tennessee...386 yards
Chicago....195 yards
Houston....297 yards

Matt Cassel
San Diego... 68 yards
Cleveland... 176 yards
San Francisco.. 250 yards
Indy..... 156 yards
Houston... 201 yards

Which QBs are you talking about?

No comparison.

No comparison is right.

I have every confidence we will beat the Colts. Whether that means keeping them under 24 points, or scoring 38.

kiwitexansfan
10-17-2010, 08:10 PM
I have every confidence we will beat the Colts. Whether that means keeping them under 24 points, or scoring 38.

Actually I feel good about that one too.

Our whole franchise has been built around the premise of beating Manning. If we don't win that one it is a huge condemnation of all that has been done here.