PDA

View Full Version : Sanchez, Cushing ready to meet in Houston

Wolf
09-12-2009, 08:43 PM
HOUSTON In the last few years Mark Sanchez and Brian Cushing have been friends, teammates and even roommates.

On Sunday they'll become something new: opponents.

The former Southern California standouts and first-round draft picks will make their NFL debuts against each other when the Jets face the Houston Texans in the season opener Sunday.

When Sanchez takes the field against Houston, the fifth overall pick will become the first rookie to start at quarterback for the Jets since 1977. Cushing, chosen 15th, is expected to start at strongside linebacker for the Texans despite missing all four preseason games with a knee sprain.

Both are looking forward to the meeting.

"I think it's special," Cushing said. "It's pretty cool. How many guys can say they're playing against their quarterback, their roommate, in the first game of their NFL career?"

Coach Gary Kubiak has said Cushing probably can't play the entire game after no preseason game work. Sanchez is certain his friend will be back to his old self when he's out there.

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/article/20090912/SPORTS0301/909120323/1095/RSS05

Thorn
09-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Considering the horrible luck I had with a couple of roommates back in the 70s, I think I'd love to have a chance to knock them on their ass. One roommate of mine back then left when I was at work, and my stereo and a few plants were missing when I got home. And those plants weren't flowers by the way. :foottap:

euro-Texan
09-12-2009, 11:54 PM
Considering the horrible luck I had with a couple of roommates back in the 70s, I think I'd love to have a chance to knock them on their ass. One roommate of mine back then left when I was at work, and my stereo and a few plants were missing when I got home. And those plants weren't flowers by the way. :foottap:

Man o man the 70's that brings back memories, like potty training for instance.

hahaha sorry, I had to go there.

IBleedTexans
09-13-2009, 12:27 AM
Man o man the 70's that brings back memories, like potty training for instance.

hahaha sorry, I had to go there.

dude your pretty old your self grandpa

:headhurts:

brakos82
09-13-2009, 12:29 AM
I'm not old. I just feel it sometimes. LOL

euro-Texan
09-13-2009, 12:48 AM

That's one word there Skippy. Kids these days....

l_j_r
09-13-2009, 07:32 AM

... lol: ... :sumo: ... :rofl: ...

l_j_r

IlliniJen
09-13-2009, 08:24 AM

36 is old?!?!?!

Now where's my cane so I can beat you with it?