PDA

View Full Version : Whohoo - Daughter Dancing at Halftime

infantrycak
09-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Admittedly this is meaningless to most people but I think it is cool. My daughter will be performing highland dancing during the halftime of the Hags game on September 27th. Her school, St. Thomas Episcopal, will have their dancers and pipe (as in bag pipes) and drum corps performing. St. Thomas has a stellar program for both and has three world championships (yes as in they compete in Scotland each year) in pipe and drum and a couple years ago had the individual dance world champion. Cool to see a small school get a big stage for all their hard work. Unfortunately my son is one year shy of being on the competitive drum corps although he is first or second on his squad depending on who is judging.

mike moffat
09-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Whohoo is correct! Congrats and enjoy the spotlight with your daughter. This is a big thing to her! (and you)
:smiliedance:

texasguy346
09-12-2009, 01:54 PM
Very cool. Congrats!

Honoring Earl 34
09-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Admittedly this is meaningless to most people but I think it is cool. My daughter will be performing highland dancing during the halftime of the Hags game on September 27th. Her school, St. Thomas Episcopal, will have their dancers and pipe (as in bag pipes) and drum corps performing. St. Thomas has a stellar program for both and has three world championships (yes as in they compete in Scotland each year) in pipe and drum and a couple years ago had the individual dance world champion. Cool to see a small school get a big stage for all their hard work. Unfortunately my son is one year shy of being on the competitive drum corps although he is first or second on his squad depending on who is judging.

The lady who gave my son private lessons on trumpet got them ( all kids she taught ) to play the national anthem at an Astros game . It will be a memory for all of you to cherish .

ps. Roger Clements pitched that day against the Mets . Piazza hit a 2 run homer in the 9nth to win it .

edo783
09-12-2009, 08:58 PM
That is very cool CAK.

NitroGSXR
09-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Augh! The only game that I won't be attending!

Sure would have been nice to see the performance. My cousin went to St Thomas as well as St Thomas University. I'm glad they're getting some recognition.

My family e-sends congratulations to your daughter. Make sure she receives them. I'm happy for her!

SheTexan
09-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Congrats Chris!! Fantastic memories! I'm very proud for your daughter, quiet an accomplishment!!

Giant Tiger
09-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Congratulations :thisbig: Hopefully you'll get this on video, too. Good luck in Scotland this year as well

infantrycak
09-13-2009, 08:44 AM
Thanks everyone. She was so funny when she told me. Picked her up from school and she all casually asks, "so dad, you gonna come see me dance at halftime at the Texans?" Knowing full well I haven't ever missed a game. Very proud of her. Not sure I am video savvy enough to post something but I will try. If anyone gets it on photo or video I sure would appreciate them sharing it.

This is my daughter about 18 months ago after winning a dance competition, eating crawfish:

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/infantrycak/IMG00013.jpg?t=1252850389

Silver Oak
09-28-2009, 06:39 PM

don't know which one she was, but they did a fine job!

Showtime100
09-28-2009, 06:48 PM
I missed this a couple of weeks ago, very nice 'Cak!

SheTexan
09-29-2009, 02:18 PM
Chris! I think Will Reeves has a video of this on facebook! Check with him.

AWESOME performance!! FINALLY something at halftime that was worth watching.

edo783
09-29-2009, 08:56 PM
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/infantrycak/IMG00013.jpg?t=1252850389

HOLY COW Chris. The strain of the season and this board are sure putting the hurt on you! Your starting to look like me:photos: