PDA

View Full Version : Dunta to start

TEXANS84
09-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Less than a week after he reported and signed his one-year tender as the franchise player, cornerback Dunta Robinson will start against the New York Jets on Sunday.

After watching Robinson work out all week, including with the starting defense, coach Gary Kubiak announced Friday that Robinson will start opposite Fred Bennett.

"It makes me feel good that coach has confidence in me," Robinson said. "I feel great right now. I'm ready to play."

Free safety Eugene Wilson, who has a sprained knee, will not play against the Jets. He'll be replaced by Nick Ferguson, who started nine games last season.

Meanwhile, receiver Kevin Walter's hamstring injury has improved, but he's still going to be a game-time decision.

LINK (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6613995.html)

NitroGSXR
09-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Good news! He should be starting. I'm really happy to have Dunta Robinson back on the Houston Texans and I sure can't wait to see him play this Sunday!

That being said... Will Cushing definitely start on Sunday? I'd like to see something official here.

JDizzle
09-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Not much of a surprise here. His value as a punishing open field tackler is reason enough to start him against the Jets since we only have 1 other guy who can tackle.

Marcus
09-11-2009, 04:41 PM
This will be very interesting, to say the least.

gary
09-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Good news! He should be starting. I'm really happy to have Dunta Robinson back on the Houston Texans and I sure can't wait to see him play this Sunday!

That being said... Will Cushing definitely start on Sunday? I'd like to see something official here.Cush is a go for Sunday.

76Texan
09-11-2009, 04:46 PM
:fans::wild::fans::thisbig::smiliedance::whip:

Silver Oak
09-11-2009, 04:47 PM
2 guys who didn't even play a pre-season game are going to start Sunday?

I'm going to drink early, and drink often gameday.

:d:

imatexan
09-11-2009, 04:48 PM
:fans::wild::fans::thisbig::smiliedance::whip:

x2!

ATXtexanfan
09-11-2009, 06:21 PM

Sad part is, it's a massive improvement

barrett
09-11-2009, 06:24 PM
That being said... Will Cushing definitely start on Sunday? I'd like to see something official here.

Cush is a go for Sunday.

He was practicing fully before Tampa. The held him out as a precaution. He's "100%"

NitroGSXR
09-11-2009, 06:28 PM
He was practicing fully before Tampa. The held him out as a precaution. He's "100%"

Still waiting for something official here...

ATXtexanfan
09-11-2009, 06:33 PM
I thought texans talk was official

gary
09-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Still waiting for something official here...Every thing points to him playing as of right now he's on the active roster. Just trust me when I say he is a go.
http://www.houstontexans.com/team/Roster.asp

NitroGSXR
09-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Every thing points to him playing as of right now he's on the active roster. Just trust me when I say he is a go.
http://www.houstontexans.com/team/Roster.asp

Trust you? Like with the Andre Johnson 'incident?' Nothing personal against you, gary. I just want something official from the Texans. Being on the roster doesn't mean he's starting either.

ChampionTexan
09-11-2009, 06:46 PM

He's not listed at all on the injury report (Schaub is probable, Wilson and Reeves are out, and Deljuan and Walter are questionable).

LINK (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/injuries)

TimeKiller
09-11-2009, 06:49 PM
there was an interview on ht.com/tv with Cush who said himself he feels good and ready to play and also threw in a couple "100 percents" for good measure. Not really official but it is directly out of his mouth. I assume he knows what's what.

gary
09-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Trust you? Like with the Andre Johnson 'incident?' Nothing personal against you, gary. I just want something official from the Texans. Being on the roster doesn't mean he's starting either.The Texans would have said something already IMO. We probably won't know for sure untill Sunday. The Chron has said so also. He is going to play how often I just don't know. I don't like the fact that you brought up the A.J. thing again. That is unfair and just not right to do. This isn't just one single source telling me this a few different sources that I've heard the samething from. Now wether he is going to start or not is the question at hand.

Pantherstang84
09-11-2009, 08:46 PM
At $10 million he better start and poop gold cuff links too.

TexanSam
09-11-2009, 09:04 PM
The Texans would have said something already IMO. We probably won't know for sure untill Sunday. The Chron has said so also. He is going to play how often I just don't know. I don't like the fact that you brought up the A.J. thing again. That is unfair and just not right to do. This isn't just one single source telling me this a few different sources that I've heard the samething from. Now wether he is going to start or not is the question at hand.

I think that is the question at hand.

gary
09-11-2009, 09:16 PM
I think that is the question at hand.To me I'm not sure if wants to know if he's going to start or even play I might be wrong.

edo783
09-11-2009, 09:22 PM
At $10 million he better start and poop gold cuff links too.

AND get 2 INTs while he is at it. @ 600K per game, he has some serious performance needed to make that number.

TexansFanatic
09-11-2009, 09:27 PM

And one of them has NEVER started an NFL game.

beerlover
09-12-2009, 12:43 AM
AND get 2 INTs while he is at it. @ 600K per game, he has some serious performance needed to make that number.

A Texans W works for me. I know we've beat this issue like a :deadhorse point is bumps in the road happen, for whatever reason, its what we choose to make out of it that counts. I'm on record of the opinion Dunta is a top 5 cover corner. His recovery is a two year process so he still has till week 7 I beleive to complete a normal rehab (I beleive, please correct me if it was not 2007 week 7 against Detroit).

Before that he was lights out & clearly the best defensive playmaker in Texans history (not sure if thats excatly a great acclaimation). Clearly the two sides need to come together to their mutal satisfaction. The Texans with a fully healthy, recovered Dunta Robinson is a much better defense than without :thisbig:

Jackie Chiles
09-12-2009, 01:08 AM
His recovery is a two year process so he still has till week 7 I beleive to complete a normal rehab (I beleive, please correct me if it was not 2007 week 7 against Detroit).

You have the year right but it was week 9 vs Oakland. We played Detroit the following season (2008) week 7.

GNTLEWOLF
09-12-2009, 04:43 AM
A Texans W works for me. I know we've beat this issue like a :deadhorse point is bumps in the road happen, for whatever reason, its what we choose to make out of it that counts. I'm on record of the opinion Dunta is a top 5 cover corner. His recovery is a two year process so he still has till week 7 I beleive to complete a normal rehab (I beleive, please correct me if it was not 2007 week 7 against Detroit).

Before that he was lights out & clearly the best defensive playmaker in Texans history (not sure if thats excatly a great acclaimation). Clearly the two sides need to come together to their mutal satisfaction. The Texans with a fully healthy, recovered Dunta Robinson is a much better defense than without :thisbig:

Wow!:thinking:

notafaker
09-12-2009, 06:06 AM
He cant be any worse than the secondary be this preseason.

beerlover
09-12-2009, 08:25 AM
You have the year right but it was week 9 vs Oakland. We played Detroit the following season (2008) week 7.

thanks, remember it being Oakland but in his bio from official site it refrences Detroit.

infantrycak
09-12-2009, 09:47 AM
Before that he was lights out & clearly the best defensive playmaker in Texans history (not sure if thats excatly a great acclaimation).

He was playing extremely well that year until the injury and that is getting unfairly discounted around here because of the contract issues. That said, I think Glenn, Ryans and Williams would be in the discussion for best defensive playmaker. Glenn almost earns it outright by being possibly the best player to claim a one man victory against a team with what he did against the Steelers in '02.