PDA

View Full Version : WOA, I can't believe some of these comments by Saints fans on Reggie Bush

76Texan
09-11-2009, 04:21 PM
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/09/new_orleans_saints_running_bac_9.html

Posted by vtxtra on 09/01/09 at 2:54PM
$1 says he don't make it 1/2 way through the season this year

Posted by legalmvp on 09/01/09 at 3:39PM
He has been questionable every week he has been in the NFL.

Why didn't he gain some freaking weight in the offseason. If you are 190Lbs you should be playing either CB, WR, or kicker.

Posted by kozman1215 on 09/01/09 at 3:49PM
This is the problem with Bush and his injuries, he misses games becaus he's hurt, and then when he comes back it takes him another game to "knock the rust off"...So everyone wants to rest him against Detroit, but then he'll turn around and play against Philly and most likely be a non-factor. The same thing happened last year when he came back against Tampa, he hurt the team. I'm in no way knocking Bush, but if he's healthy enough he should play against Detroit (at lest get him 10 touches) so that he's ready when they go into Philly

Posted by AlamedaSaint on 09/01/09 at 3:57PM
I want him 100% for the Lions game and every game after that- that's what we're paying him an inordinate amount of money for. You don't see the Viking's fans saying, "oh, let's save AP until we really need him in week 2 or whatever". The fact of the matter is that as long as Brees is healthy and playing, Reggie only makes us marginally better on offense at best. I really hope he proves me wrong, but I doubt it. He's really a slot receiver and that's where he would produce the most dividends, imho.

Posted by FABULOSO on 09/01/09 at 3:58PM
we don't need buch.

Posted by milwriter on 09/01/09 at 3:59PM
Injury-prone RB needs to sit out for two more weeks...and all sides need to truly revaluate his value to the Saints after the end of this season.

Posted by frothdude on 09/01/09 at 4:18PM
I say don't play him till next season. Then he'll be ready.

Posted by luvstcharles on 09/01/09 at 4:20PM
I knew they should have kept Duce and go rid for Reggie........it's sad you pay good money and he still can't play and is always hurt!!!!

Posted by 1mowhodat on 09/01/09 at 4:44PM
I know there will be a ton of Saints fans who think Iím crazy, but the timing is excellent for the Saints to trade Reggie Bush. If a trade can be pulled off, think of the quality dept this would add to the team not to mentioned money saved. I ask you the question, are the Saints getting the value it's investing in Reggie? Hummm!

Posted by nolasurvivor on 09/01/09 at 4:46PM
Let's rest him thru the season, he's a threat
even on the bench:)

Posted by myresponseis on 09/01/09 at 4:50PM
Put him out there on his crutches. Time for this wanna be professional to earn some cash. # 2 overall pick? Ha! Maybe the defense will adjust to him while he is holding a clipboard

Posted by 3player3 on 09/01/09 at 4:52PM
They must know something that we don't know. Payton is a smart man and must be hiding something from the rest. No word,no worry, no nothing. If I pay you I need for you to work. You feel me? I just don't know. Give this guy all of this money to sell shirts? How about RUNNING the FOOTBALL???? Pay and keep the ones that play and not the ones you pay. He should give some of that money back because he is NOT doing his job. I hope I am wrong and I wish Reggie the best but I really don't see the value off having him at this time. So this is what I have to say to Mr. Bush, get off your ^$$ and go to work. TOOOOOO soft...... MAC was better on two bad legs. He had GUTS. Southern made amd southern raised.

Posted by noraider on 09/01/09 at 6:33PM
My man you are so right.

lostndano

Reggie is what he is. A big waste of money. What our Defense could look like with Reggie's money, that the millions we have been donating to him. The game planning, the what if's, the wait till's, the decoy excuses, he hasnít adjusted to the NFL speed yet, these excuses are getting real old.

Why would I have to tackle him, I am not making NFL money. I bet I could game plan him. Tackle the bench he is sure to be there.

Posted by PRJ on 09/01/09 at 6:36PM
WHAT BUSH INJURED , NO , WHAT A SHOCKING SURPRISE !! GET USE TO IT .

Posted by disgustdvotr on 09/02/09 at 2:35PM
I think the Texans were smarter then the Saints when they didn't pick Bush as their Number One Draft Pick, but left that stupid decision to the Saints to be drafting him as their Number One. He's been usless ever since the Saints have had him. Typical Number One pick like the Saints always do

Texan_Bill
09-11-2009, 04:36 PM
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/09/new_orleans_saints_running_bac_9.html

Posted by vtxtra on 09/01/09 at 2:54PM
$1 says he don't make it 1/2 way through the season this year

Posted by legalmvp on 09/01/09 at 3:39PM
He has been questionable every week he has been in the NFL.

Why didn't he gain some freaking weight in the offseason. If you are 190Lbs you should be playing either CB, WR, or kicker.

Posted by kozman1215 on 09/01/09 at 3:49PM
This is the problem with Bush and his injuries, he misses games becaus he's hurt, and then when he comes back it takes him another game to "knock the rust off"...So everyone wants to rest him against Detroit, but then he'll turn around and play against Philly and most likely be a non-factor. The same thing happened last year when he came back against Tampa, he hurt the team. I'm in no way knocking Bush, but if he's healthy enough he should play against Detroit (at lest get him 10 touches) so that he's ready when they go into Philly

Posted by AlamedaSaint on 09/01/09 at 3:57PM
I want him 100% for the Lions game and every game after that- that's what we're paying him an inordinate amount of money for. You don't see the Viking's fans saying, "oh, let's save AP until we really need him in week 2 or whatever". The fact of the matter is that as long as Brees is healthy and playing, Reggie only makes us marginally better on offense at best. I really hope he proves me wrong, but I doubt it. He's really a slot receiver and that's where he would produce the most dividends, imho.

Posted by FABULOSO on 09/01/09 at 3:58PM
we don't need buch.

Posted by milwriter on 09/01/09 at 3:59PM
Injury-prone RB needs to sit out for two more weeks...and all sides need to truly revaluate his value to the Saints after the end of this season.

Posted by frothdude on 09/01/09 at 4:18PM
I say don't play him till next season. Then he'll be ready.

Posted by luvstcharles on 09/01/09 at 4:20PM
I knew they should have kept Duce and go rid for Reggie........it's sad you pay good money and he still can't play and is always hurt!!!!

Posted by 1mowhodat on 09/01/09 at 4:44PM
I know there will be a ton of Saints fans who think Iím crazy, but the timing is excellent for the Saints to trade Reggie Bush. If a trade can be pulled off, think of the quality dept this would add to the team not to mentioned money saved. I ask you the question, are the Saints getting the value it's investing in Reggie? Hummm!

Posted by nolasurvivor on 09/01/09 at 4:46PM
Let's rest him thru the season, he's a threat
even on the bench:)

Posted by myresponseis on 09/01/09 at 4:50PM
Put him out there on his crutches. Time for this wanna be professional to earn some cash. # 2 overall pick? Ha! Maybe the defense will adjust to him while he is holding a clipboard

Posted by 3player3 on 09/01/09 at 4:52PM
They must know something that we don't know. Payton is a smart man and must be hiding something from the rest. No word,no worry, no nothing. If I pay you I need for you to work. You feel me? I just don't know. Give this guy all of this money to sell shirts? How about RUNNING the FOOTBALL???? Pay and keep the ones that play and not the ones you pay. He should give some of that money back because he is NOT doing his job. I hope I am wrong and I wish Reggie the best but I really don't see the value off having him at this time. So this is what I have to say to Mr. Bush, get off your ^$$ and go to work. TOOOOOO soft...... MAC was better on two bad legs. He had GUTS. Southern made amd southern raised.

Posted by noraider on 09/01/09 at 6:33PM
My man you are so right.

lostndano

Reggie is what he is. A big waste of money. What our Defense could look like with Reggie's money, that the millions we have been donating to him. The game planning, the what if's, the wait till's, the decoy excuses, he hasnít adjusted to the NFL speed yet, these excuses are getting real old.

Why would I have to tackle him, I am not making NFL money. I bet I could game plan him. Tackle the bench he is sure to be there.

Posted by PRJ on 09/01/09 at 6:36PM
WHAT BUSH INJURED , NO , WHAT A SHOCKING SURPRISE !! GET USE TO IT .

I think the Texans were smarter then the Saints when they didn't pick Bush as their Number One Draft Pick, but left that stupid decision to the Saints to be drafting him as their Number One. He's been usless ever since the Saints have had him. Typical Number One pick like the Saints always do

And the winner is, drumroll blease.......... :ant:

stingray
09-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Why are you suprised? It's not like Reggie is in the middle of his rookie season. He has played three years already and they know what type of player he is. Just a third down back who makes some good plays once in a while, but not a #2 overall pick. And also very injury prone. He's the Leon Washington of the Saints but picked WAY HIGHER THAN HIM. So they made a mistake, so what, many teams make mistakes when drafting in the top five. It's not like they picked Reggie over Mario, they just picked the best player they thought was available.

Thorn
09-11-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm not at all surprised by this, but I am very amused. :)

76Texan
09-11-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm not at all surprised by this, but I am very amused. :)

You are still sober, Thorn... It's Friday dang it!

Thorn
09-11-2009, 05:07 PM
You are still sober, Thorn... It's Friday dang it!

LOL, I'm visiting my Mom in Lufkin, I can't get drunk now! I'll be back in form for Sunday's game though. I have Monday off. :barman:

Wolf
09-11-2009, 05:11 PM
I am really upset with the comments. they aren't giving Reggie his due .. I mean COME ON! The man is already a lock to be in the Hall of Fame (Decoy ) :ant: :tease:

Double Barrel
09-11-2009, 05:15 PM
wow, that's a lot of heat for The Next Gale Sayers.

Any day now, he's going to bust out! :worm:

ESAD2-14
09-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Read through some of those quotes at the linked article. Looks like there are as many Reggie fans as Vince fans. The few about how S. Payton is blowing smoke in regards to holding Reggie out are kind of humorous. I guess they have to decoy the decoy now.

edo783
09-11-2009, 09:10 PM
LOL, I'm visiting my Mom in Lufkin, I can't get drunk now! I'll be back in form for Sunday's game though. I have Monday off. :barman:

Good grief, guard the women and children Sunday/Monday.:whip:

brakos82
09-11-2009, 09:14 PM
And yet, there's still 100,000+ Reggie Bush jerseys out here... LOL

Beer and Metal
09-12-2009, 10:21 AM

Stop by the Brazos Cattle Company and bring me back some of their blue cheese dressing.

whiskeyrbl
09-12-2009, 11:11 AM
I am really upset with the comments. they aren't giving Reggie his due .. I mean COME ON! The man is already a lock to be in the Hall of Fame (Decoy ) :ant: :tease:
Yeah Bush and Vince will go in at the same time. :perfect10:

RazorOye
09-12-2009, 05:15 PM
If any of you know many Saints fans, this isn't a surprise at all

there's a lot of Saints fans critical of him and hope for more but temper those expectations with the reality of his injury history - I'm one of them

but I'm hopeful he turns a corner this year

just like I am hopeful for a Saints Super Bowl - and both of those are reaches, I realize - but that's what being a Saints fan is all about. Perpetual hope and perpetual disappointment.

Marcus
09-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Remember when we played the "Bush Bowl"?

And then later on, it was "Well, that was before we knew Vince was coming out!"

Don't deny it.

infantrycak
09-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Remember when we played the "Bush Bowl"?

And then later on, it was "Well, that was before we knew Vince was coming out!"

Don't deny it.

I don't think there were more than 25% of fans who wanted Mario with the first pick and I'd guess the remainder were split pretty evenly for Bush and VY.

ObsiWan
09-12-2009, 06:46 PM
I don't think there were more than 25% of fans who wanted Mario with the first pick and I'd guess the remainder were split pretty evenly for Bush and VY.

And I'm thinking your 25% estimate is probably high. I don't think that there was 25% of the fan base who even knew who Mario was until a couple of weeks before the draft.

Marcus
09-12-2009, 07:10 PM
And I'm thinking your 25% estimate is probably high. I don't think that there was 25% of the fan base who even knew who Mario was until a couple of weeks before the draft.

I think that's more accurate. Revisionist historians of course will say different, but there was an uproar to top all uproars, in the media, on the radio, and the fans about the Mario pick.

infantrycak
09-12-2009, 07:42 PM

I think that's more accurate. Revisionist historians of course will say different, but there was an uproar to top all uproars, in the media, on the radio, and the fans about the Mario pick.

I was more referring to fans here and at HT.com who are generally more aware than most, but like I said I was putting 25% as the high end of possibilities.

Ckw
09-12-2009, 07:59 PM

Regrettably, I did a quick search to check out my own reaction to the Mario pick. I don't remember being as upset as I apparently was on draft day. I at least improved the next day and quit being so upset and especially into the season even though Mario had a bad rookie year, but I was a BIG TIME Bush homer. I honestly believed he was going to be the next big thing. To make matters worse, I also thought we didn't need a pass rusher since we had Peek & Babin. I'm an *****. No one should ever listen to me again... :hides:

The Pencil Neck
09-12-2009, 10:34 PM

I think 25% is high. It might have been 25% willing to go along with the pick after they heard about it.

Personally, I was a trade back with the Jets and get D'Brick guy. But I was pretty cool with the Mario pick after the fact.

I never wanted Bush (who I thought would be a bust) or VY (who I thought would be a bust.)

But... uh... my point was that you're ignoring the D'Brick contingent. I think there were more of us than there were Mario fans prior to the pick coming out.

The Pencil Neck
09-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Regrettably, I did a quick search to check out my own reaction to the Mario pick. I don't remember being as upset as I apparently was on draft day. I at least improved the next day and quit being so upset and especially into the season even though Mario had a bad rookie year, but I was a BIG TIME Bush homer. I honestly believed he was going to be the next big thing. To make matters worse, I also thought we didn't need a pass rusher since we had Peek & Babin. I'm an *****. No one should ever listen to me again... :hides:

Again? Someone's been listening to you?

NitroGSXR
09-12-2009, 10:49 PM
I got tore up when Mario signed that contract before the draft. I was stunned. I was a Reggie Bush supporter myself.

I was like... Mario WHO???

Now I'm like... SUPER MARIO WILLIAMS!!!

It's all good on me getting all tore up that night because once the realization that Mario Williams is a Texan kicked in... I warmed up to him mighty fast. In fact, I think I bought something that had Mario Williams like the next day.

No matter what the Texans do... I hate wooden roller coasters. Especially mine train woodens. They rattle too much and they're very painful to ride. I know this but I have to get on every single one I see multiple times because I like the freefall on that first big drop.

I feel the same way about my Houston Texans. I just needed one night to grieve for the loss of Reggie Bush before I could jump on the Mario Williams roller coaster. I was always going to crawl behind Mario Williams on gameday no matter what kind of performance he puts out. I'm stuck with him and he's stuck with the Texans. Might as well make the best of it.

I love that I was wrong for grieving for a night. Mario Williams... wow. Whodathunkit!

eriadoc
09-12-2009, 11:01 PM
But... uh... my point was that you're ignoring the D'Brick contingent. I think there were more of us than there were Mario fans prior to the pick coming out.

Yep. My hopes and prayers were, in order:

1. Trade back and try for Ferguson.
2. Ferguson at #1.
3. Mario.
4. Someone else, maybe Hawk.
100. Vince Young.
1000000. Bush

kastofsna
09-12-2009, 11:17 PM
yeah very few people wanted Mario Williams at all. but that's because he wasn't a household name, and household names are always going to be coveted more than anything else. no one had really heard of him before the combine, then after his great performance there, people started labeling him a combine warrior.

i hope everyone around here who was big pro-Young can now drop the "he just wins" nonsense we all heard then. it takes a lot more than a guy who "just wins" in college to actually win games in the NFL. namely, a fantastic d-line. seems obvious now that the Texans had probably the best draft out of any team that year. a rarity for the team picking #1.

Thorn
09-13-2009, 06:38 AM
Yep. My hopes and prayers were, in order:

1. Trade back and try for Ferguson.
2. Ferguson at #1.
3. Mario.
4. Someone else, maybe Hawk.
100. Vince Young.
1000000. Bush

I wanted VY. LOL

76Texan
09-13-2009, 06:54 AM
If we didn't have D.D. and didn't extend Carr's contract, I would have considered both VY and Bush.
But I didn't LOVE them two, not even LIKE.
I don't know if VY can step up his passing game, and I prefer not to have a running QB like Vick.
I don't know if Bush can run between tackles effectively.

I also considered trading down for either Ferguson, Hawk, Leinart plus an extra pick or two.