PDA

View Full Version : Cushing on Rome

raw10628
09-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Cushing will be on Jim Rome next segment.

Second Honeymoon
09-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Heard that Cushing was scheduled on the way home. I am a 1560 guy but I can't stand Brando so I switch to Rome on 610 for a few hours mid-day.

Is the guy coming in to get his karma? he needs it because we need him.

Seems like the questions are going to be USC related to begin with.

m5kwatts
09-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Talkin alotta USC

Second Honeymoon
09-11-2009, 02:15 PM
yup. pretty much no NFL talk except about Mario and his professionalism.

TheRealJoker
09-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Has he said he's gonna hit Sanchez in the mouth on Sunday yet?

WHY NOT!!!???

m5kwatts
09-11-2009, 02:17 PM
I turned it on in the middle but heres some snippets:

-Talked about his first game at USC vs. Hawaii, said it was in a stadium of 100,000 in Hawaii and said it was pretty overwhelming, said Barkley will be hearing it at the Horseshoe this weekend vs OSU

-Asked about Mario, said he's a physical specimen and his work ethic is next to none, said he follows him and watches his example yada yada

-Talked about his diet, chron.com got all these quotes earlier in the week, talked about how he never strays from it

-Asked if he'd hit Mark Sanchez he said without a doubt, he was sick of not being able to hit him at USC in practices

Nothing new really, after the interview Rome raved about how great USC players/alum are in interviews

El Tejano
09-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Cushing has Kubiak syndrome - "Well, you know..."

Texan_Bill
09-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Has he said he's gonna hit Sanchez in the mouth on Sunday yet?

WHY NOT!!!???

Feeling a little "testy" (no pun intended). ;)

I'll take the jungle karma for Sunday.

Second Honeymoon
09-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Feeling a little "testy" (no pun intended). ;)

I'll take the jungle karma for Sunday.

Yeah, hopefully he was calling in for karma for himself and not just for USC beating Ohio State.

To be honest, we need the karma more than USC ever would. USC always has the most talent week in and week out. Give us some Texans kicking the Jets arse karma.

So pumped for Sunday's game. Orange Lot breakfast party at the Dome.

Marcus
09-11-2009, 03:30 PM
Cushing has Kubiak syndrome - "Well, you know..."

I think all of us have that disease in different stages.

mussop
09-11-2009, 05:16 PM
yup. pretty much no NFL talk except about Mario and his professionalism.

Typical Rome show. All fluff no substance. I dont see how hes still so popular.

GuerillaBlack
09-11-2009, 05:26 PM

You're just another clone.

mussop
09-11-2009, 05:38 PM
You're just another clone.

NOT! The only thing worse than listening to that blowhard is listening to the even bigger blowhards that imatate him.

blitz90
09-11-2009, 06:17 PM

Wrong. His interviews are always excellent. He handles them more professionally than a lot of talking heads. Some of the other stuff on the show I can do without though.

Wolf
09-11-2009, 06:30 PM
he has come a long way since he interviewed Chris err Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

but I don't watch him

jppaul
09-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Rome is entertaining but his knowledge is just superficial, he really doesn't know crap about football. I have never come away from Rome's show with an insight into anything, except for how great Rome thinks Rome is.

ATXtexanfan
09-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Rome's show is the exact same as it was 10 yrs ago.

imatexan
09-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Rome's show is the exact same as it was 10 yrs ago.

No need to fix what is not broken.

DiehardChris
09-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Did you guys know that Travis Rodgers abruptly quit his show back in June? I have no idea why, but I thought that was interesting since they were seemingly joined at the hip.

Anyway, I thought Cushing was a MUCH better interview than he has been up until this point. He wasn't as serious and curt as he usually is. So that's cool, he's loosening up a little. Probably because they talked so much USC.

V3rm0nt3r
09-11-2009, 11:02 PM
he has come a long way since he interviewed Chris err Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

but I don't watch him

i've seen that clip at least a dozen times but i couldn't miss the opportunity to see it again. i don't really watch him anymore and its not because of his interviews (i always kind of liked those) it was really his arrogance in the beginning and end of the show with his 'burns.' he talks like everyone that he's talking about is an ***** and a lot of the time they are but to be so upright and... well honest really is just so new to me.

but man that clip just shows his balls dude. he's what? 6' standing straight up on toes? 200 maybe? and he intentionally pisses off a 6'5" 250-300 lb professional athlete. Kudos my friend Kudos.

kozanack
09-12-2009, 01:14 AM
but man that clip just shows his balls dude. he's what? 6' standing straight up on toes? 200 maybe? and he intentionally pisses off a 6'5" 250-300 lb professional athlete. Kudos my friend Kudos.

You must be kidding. That stunt almost ended Rome's career. Rome never even tried to defend himself. He folded up like a cheap lawn chair. I think Rome was full of himself, and thought if bullied, Everett would stalk off the show in a huff. He found out otherwise.

mexican_texan
09-12-2009, 01:33 AM
Did you guys know that Travis Rodgers abruptly quit his show back in June? I have no idea why, but I thought that was interesting since they were seemingly joined at the hip.

Anyway, I thought Cushing was a MUCH better interview than he has been up until this point. He wasn't as serious and curt as he usually is. So that's cool, he's loosening up a little. Probably because they talked so much USC.
Probably left during Rome's signature 36 minute long dramatic pauses.

GuerillaBlack
09-12-2009, 03:00 AM
I use to think that my radio was broken when Rome would do his long pauses. But then, the paper would crumble...

jppaul
09-12-2009, 04:36 AM
i've seen that clip at least a dozen times but i couldn't miss the opportunity to see it again. i don't really watch him anymore and its not because of his interviews (i always kind of liked those) it was really his arrogance in the beginning and end of the show with his 'burns.' he talks like everyone that he's talking about is an ***** and a lot of the time they are but to be so upright and... well honest really is just so new to me.

Give me a break. What did he stand to lose and what did he stand to gain? A black eye and fame. One last 3 days and the other gives you an in. Hmmm...wow what a tough guy. He is such a douche.

nunusguy
09-12-2009, 09:04 AM
I dunno, should I be concerned that Cushing might be preoccupied and therefor more interested in how his alma mater does in Columbus tonight than his own personal NFL debut tomorrow ?