PDA

View Full Version : Fan avatar wager on rival site

euro-Texan
09-11-2009, 12:44 PM
For those who might be interested some rival site members would like to make some individual wagers on the game sunday. No money bets, just losing team fans changing their avatars to winning players pictures for a week. Here's more info.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199255

NitroGSXR
09-11-2009, 12:55 PM
I generally go avatarless but I'm definitely in if both boards can get on this wagon. Let's have some fun! I've really really enjoyed reading posts over there and here as well. It's been a good week with Jets fans. Look at them here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czzRSZunj-I

Credit goes to gwallaia for this find!

Texecutioner
09-11-2009, 01:03 PM
I generally go avatarless but I'm definitely in if both boards can get on this wagon. Let's have some fun! I've really really enjoyed reading posts over there and here as well. It's been a good week with Jets fans. Look at them here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czzRSZunj-I

Credit goes to gwallaia for this find!

I'd be willing to do that, but I don't feel like having to get another account and all of that. Tell them to come in here and I'll make a fun bet with any one of them.

NitroGSXR
09-11-2009, 01:23 PM
I'd be willing to do that, but I don't feel like having to get another account and all of that. Tell them to come in here and I'll make a fun bet with any one of them.

I'm not making an account over there. I'm saying that I'll wear a Jets avatar here and I'd expect someone over there to wear a Texans avatar if the Texans win. An agreement between two boards. I read their boards as they've been linked here but I don't generally post.

euro-Texan
09-11-2009, 01:31 PM
I will moderate on this end between the boards then and I'll let you know who you're paired up against.

SDJetsFan
09-11-2009, 01:50 PM
I picked a really pretty picture of Mark Sanchez for one of you to display for a week :)

(I'm TokyoJetsFan on the other board)

Texecutioner
09-11-2009, 01:52 PM
I'm not making an account over there. I'm saying that I'll wear a Jets avatar here and I'd expect someone over there to wear a Texans avatar if the Texans win. An agreement between two boards. I read their boards as they've been linked here but I don't generally post.

I'm down then, even though I think it's a very strong chance that we will lose this week.

jaayteetx
09-11-2009, 02:39 PM
I'm down then, even though I think it's a very strong chance that we will lose this week.

Boo! No negative vibes, our boys come out blazing this Sunday, count on it.

MojoMan
09-11-2009, 02:44 PM
I do not know how this works, but there are several Jets fans who have registered here at TexansTalk, and are trying to get onto the board in connection with this challenge, but their registrations have not been activated yet. If anyone can help with that, your assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks.

NitroGSXR
09-11-2009, 02:45 PM
I picked a really pretty picture of Mark Sanchez for one of you to display for a week :)

I'll be waiting for a gameday photo of Mario picking pieces of Sanchez off his uniform. I'll have one after the game.

Calling upon BullpenPhotos for some great great action pictures!

SDJetsFan
09-11-2009, 02:49 PM
I'll be waiting for a gameday photo of Mario picking pieces of Sanchez off his uniform. I'll have one after the game.

Calling upon BullpenPhotos for some great great action pictures!

That is my biggest fear on Sunday. Mario shouldn't be allowed to play. He's a freak.

Texecutioner
09-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Boo! No negative vibes, our boys come out blazing this Sunday, count on it.

Well we sure as hell didn't come out blazing last season in game one.

My vibe doesn't mean anything. I think we'll win, but just because I'm a Texans fan doesn't mean I go all homer about the way I analyze a game. The Jets have a very good run defense and we'll be trying to run the ball a lot. Schaub's ankle is banged up which is not good either and there is a very good chance that Walter could miss this game, and even if he plays he won't be 100% healthy.

The Jets have a very good running game and we have a very weak run defense. The Jets may have a rookie QB, but he's looked very good in pre season so far.

We should win this game, but I'm not completely sold that the Texans are going to be this break out team that many others do. I'm waiting to see what we finally do in a regular game first. People like to act like this is some "gimme" type of game and match up, but last time I checked we're playing a team that had the same record that we did last season. THey just have a rookie QB now, but I like a lot of what I'm seeing out of Sanchez.

Texecutioner
09-11-2009, 02:57 PM
I do not know how this works, but there are several Jets fans who have registered here at TexansTalk, and are trying to get onto the board in connection with this challenge, but their registrations have not been activated yet. If anyone can help with that, your assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I think the mods have to okay their accounts first before any of them can post.

MojoMan
09-11-2009, 03:02 PM
I think the mods have to okay their accounts first before any of them can post.

That's what I thought, but I registered on this board so long ago, I just did not remember what the procedure was here.

euro-Texan
09-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Who's all in on this one? Straight win (no spread), Monday to Monday, winner picks losers avatar for the week.

So far we have:

euro-Texan
NitroHonda
Texecutioner
b0ng ???
Mojo ???

Texecutioner
09-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Who's all in on this one? Straight win (no spread), Monday to Monday, winner picks losers avatar for the week.

So far we have:

euro-Texan
NitroHonda
Texecutioner
b0ng ???
Mojo ???

Wait a second first, who is in it in there camp? Where are the names of these guys who will sport whatever avy that I choose for them?

euro-Texan
09-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Here is the head to head from thier site:

Euro-texan - sdJETSetter

NitroHonda - TokyoJetsFan

Texacutioner - BigWorm

b0ng - OPEN

b0ng
09-11-2009, 04:04 PM
I neeed to find a pic of Cush and Sanchez "Being Brothers"

Texecutioner
09-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Here is the head to head from thier site:

Euro-texan - sdJETSetter

Texacutioner - BigWorm

b0ng - OPEN

Alright I'm down.

The Pencil Neck
09-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Count me in.

jppaul
09-11-2009, 07:01 PM
I'll do it.

b0ng
09-11-2009, 07:03 PM
I hope some of the other Jets fans post in here before the game starts. Would hate for their team to accidentally win and they do all their talking after the game.

Thorn
09-11-2009, 07:04 PM
I would never, NEVER, switch an avatar with anyone. :tease:

But in this case, it's all in fun, so I'm in.

NitroGSXR
09-11-2009, 07:37 PM

Dude... I stole your avatar from there. Wow. What a walk...

MojoMan
09-11-2009, 07:44 PM

You do not appear to have an avatar.

Wolf
09-11-2009, 07:47 PM
I started early :joker:

http://weblogs.cw11.com/sports/thehuddle/jets%20fans%202.JPG

gunnails
09-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Hey first post here, although I find avatar bets extremely gay I feel this might be a good oportunity to interact with you all, no homo.

So I am in, who wants to partner up with me?:thinking:

NitroGSXR
09-11-2009, 07:53 PM
You do not appear to have an avatar.

I won't be putting that avatar up on this site. This site has too many young'uns on it. I'll be using that on another sports site that I post at.

Phew!! What an avatar...

NitroGSXR
09-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Hey first post here, although I find avatar bets extremely gay I feel this might be a good oportunity to interact with you all, no homo.

So I am in, who wants to partner up with me?:thinking:
Only if you go brokeback mountain with me...

I'd like to ride your jets down the mountain...

Consider yourself partnered up. Prepare for latching on...

Lol. Welcome to the board, mate!

Old School
09-11-2009, 07:56 PM

So far we have:

euro-Texan
NitroHonda
Texecutioner
b0ng ???
Mojo ???
Add me to your list of deviants. This could be interesting.... Maybe I can dig up a picture of Broadway Joe wearing his pantyhose!!!

gunnails
09-11-2009, 08:01 PM

================================================== ==

Nice to meat you Nitro, I think I can deal with an Internet Brokeback Mountain Ride.

I am a optimist and as such expect a win for my Jets, well maybe not expect, more like 50/50.

Anyway I'll throw out a prediction.

Jets 28, Texans 21

gunnails
09-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Add me to your list of deviants. This could be interesting.... Maybe I can dig up a picture of Broadway Joe wearing his pantyhose!!!

================================================

The thing is, Joe looked cool in panty hose, not many could pull that off.

Thorn
It's such a nice story when people meat like this on the internets. :)

NitroGSXR
================================================== ==

Nice to meat you Nitro, I think I can deal with an Internet Brokeback Mountain Ride.

I am a optimist and as such expect a win for my Jets, well maybe not expect, more like 50/50.

Anyway I'll throw out a prediction.

Jets 28, Texans 21

Ugh! Lol! Nice!!

I'm predicting that we'll be losing on Sunday. I'm not as optimistic as many of the national pundits out there. I think we've got a long way to go and it's got to start with getting Gary Kubiak replaced.

Wolf
09-11-2009, 08:07 PM
http://thefameflame.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/joe-namath-for-beauty-mist.jpg

http://gothamist.com/attachments/arts_jen/200711namathfur.jpg

Buffi2
09-11-2009, 08:09 PM
I'm predicting that we'll be losing on Sunday. I'm not as optimistic as many of the national pundits out there. I think we've got a long way to go and it's got to start with getting Gary Kubiak replaced.

Bite your tongue - the Football Gods may hear you.:gun:

SDJetsFan
09-11-2009, 08:47 PM

LOL. You seem like a good guy Nitro so I will allow you to use it. It really is the best sig ever.

NitroGSXR
09-11-2009, 11:23 PM
LOL. You seem like a good guy Nitro so I will allow you to use it. It really is the best sig ever.

Well I transformed it into an avatar. It's now my avatar on another site so you'll be the only one with the sig!

I thank you, fellow football fan!

Old School
09-12-2009, 05:30 AM

The thing is, Joe looked cool in panty hose, not many could pull that off.

Dude, You are saying that a man looked cool in pantyhose and you are worried about an avatar war making you "brokeback"!?!?!:mcnugget:

J/K:joker:

l_j_r
09-12-2009, 10:12 AM
... i'm in for the avatar bet on the jets side ...

... let me know who i'm up against! ...

l_j_r

OzzO
09-12-2009, 11:55 AM

Sorry... your sig on the other board captured my attention... what were you saying again?

Perhaps instead of trying to log into the other boards, since it looks like some infiltrated the other side and both have the link to the bet, why not just post up all the bets/ matchups on the "home site" and there will be follow through on the respective home site after the Texans win.

l_j_r
09-12-2009, 01:43 PM
... from the looks of it the next guy waiting for a taker from the J-E-T-S is b0ng ...

... sooo i guess that is who i am in on the bet with ... please confirm b0ng ...

thanks,

l_j_r

Thorn
09-12-2009, 01:51 PM
So, nobody on the Jets side wants to take a chance on wearing the Sarge for a week? I'm disappointed.

swtbound07
09-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Anybody want a NAILED AVatar on the jets board?

Im down. Sign me up. Avatar at risk for a week.

MojoMan
09-12-2009, 02:23 PM
There are currently six more Texans fans signed up than Jets fans.

I had not even conceived of this idea until just recently, but it is starting to appear that the Jets fans might actually be a-skeert of the mighty Houston Texans.

I do not recall anything like this happening before.

NitroGSXR
09-12-2009, 02:51 PM
So, nobody on the Jets side wants to take a chance on wearing the Sarge for a week? I'm disappointed.
I don't really think that's how it's supposed to work? I think we're supposed to give them Texans related avatars and they give us Jets related avatars. That's my understanding of it. Not necessarily a straight swap. There are some pretty racy avatars over there that have nothing to do with the Jets. Are we going to be forced to wear one of those on this family oriented board? I'm in this to wear a Jets avatar and only a Jets avatar if we lose.

Jets fans. I mean nothing by the racy avatars. I'm a fan of them. I even stole one off your guys. It's just not necessarily for this particular board. Maybe not?

l_j_r
09-12-2009, 04:06 PM
... ok guys we have a 5th contestant from the jets fans (OCCH) ...

... mojo - it looks like you were 5th in line for texans fans ... please confirm if i'm right on this ...

... nitro - don't worry ... i'm sure something will be worked out for all parties that is acceptable ...

l_j_r

MojoMan
09-12-2009, 04:14 PM
... ok guys we have a 5th contestant from the jets fans (OCCH) ...

... mojo - it looks like you were 5th in line for texans fans ... please confirm if i'm right on this ...

... nitro - don't worry ... i'm sure something will be worked out for all parties that is acceptable ...

l_j_r

No, I will participate if there are more Jets fans than Texans fans. Otherwise, please allocate the Jets fans to the Texans posters who have already expressed interest.

l_j_r
09-12-2009, 04:51 PM
... so far to date ...

Euro-texan - sdJETSetter

Texacutioner - BigWorm

b0ng - l_j_r

The Pencil Neck - OCCH

JPPaul - OPEN

Thorn - OPEN

Wolf - OPEN

Old School - OPEN

l_j_r
09-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Euro-texan - sdJETSetter

Texacutioner - BigWorm

b0ng - l_j_r

The Pencil Neck - OCCH

JPPaul - Jet Nut

Thorn - OPEN

Wolf - OPEN

Old School - OPEN

Thorn
09-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Vic Morrow is pissed at New York.

euro-Texan
09-12-2009, 09:01 PM
I don't really think that's how it's supposed to work? I think we're supposed to give them Texans related avatars and they give us Jets related avatars. That's my understanding of it. Not necessarily a straight swap. There are some pretty racy avatars over there that have nothing to do with the Jets. Are we going to be forced to wear one of those on this family oriented board? I'm in this to wear a Jets avatar and only a Jets avatar if we lose.

Jets fans. I mean nothing by the racy avatars. I'm a fan of them. I even stole one off your guys. It's just not necessarily for this particular board. Maybe not?

Yes, the winner is to provide the loser with an avatar of the winning team's (TEXANS) player of choice.

b0ng
09-12-2009, 11:23 PM
What about a Brett Favre avatar? Would it be out of bounds to go there?

The Pencil Neck
09-12-2009, 11:25 PM
What about a Brett Favre avatar? Would it be out of bounds to go there?

oh.

you are an evil man.

I like it.

b0ng
09-12-2009, 11:33 PM
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq263/b0ngerz/Title-Gendo81809.jpg

euro-Texan
09-12-2009, 11:33 PM
I think Chad Pennington would be much better.

l_j_r
09-12-2009, 11:38 PM
... funny stuff with favre & cp ...

Euro-texan - sdJETSetter

Texacutioner - BigWorm

b0ng - l_j_r

The Pencil Neck - OCCH

JPPaul - Jet Nut

Thorn - K-RO-25

Wolf - OPEN

Old School - OPEN

euro-Texan
09-12-2009, 11:47 PM

All in fun. I have to admit that I have enjoyed this week over on your site. The vast majority of you guys are intelligent fans that logically assess an upcoming game with realistic strengths and weaknesses. Most other boards are all rah rah homers. I wish you guys the best of luck for your other 15+ games and hope we both end the day injury free.

NitroGSXR
09-13-2009, 12:13 AM
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq263/b0ngerz/Title-Gendo81809.jpg

Can't.

Stop.

Laughing...

Must spread rep...

l_j_r
09-13-2009, 12:30 AM
All in fun. I have to admit that I have enjoyed this week over on your site. The vast majority of you guys are intelligent fans that logically assess an upcoming game with realistic strengths and weaknesses. Most other boards are all rah rah homers. I wish you guys the best of luck for your other 15+ games and hope we both end the day injury free.

... thanks bro ... you guys as well ... i've enjoyed chiming in over here this week ...

... hope you all continue to do so on our sites as the season goes on ... i'll certainly try to do the same ...

l_j_r

euro-Texan
09-13-2009, 01:20 AM

Euro-texan - sdJETSetter

Texacutioner - BigWorm

b0ng - l_j_r

The Pencil Neck - OCCH

JPPaul - Jet Nut

Thorn - K-RO-25

Wolf - OPEN

Old School - OPEN

Only one left to go

Euro-texan - sdJETSetter

Texacutioner - BigWorm

b0ng - l_j_r

The Pencil Neck - OCCH

JPPaul - Jet Nut

Thorn - K-RO-25

Wolf - NY's stepchild

Old School - OPEN

jppaul
09-13-2009, 01:21 AM
It's such a nice story when people meat like this on the internets. :)

You know I met Ron Jeremy once and he signed a T-shirt for my ex-girlfriend "lets meat".

jppaul
09-13-2009, 01:22 AM
JPPaul - Jet Nut

Wow, with all the latent homoness going on, I just happen to be paired up with Jet Nut....Weird.

l_j_r
09-13-2009, 07:26 AM
You know I met Ron Jeremy once and he signed a T-shirt for my ex-girlfriend "lets meat".

... is that why she's now "ex" ? ;) ...

l_j_r

MojoMan
09-13-2009, 08:36 AM
Only one left to go

Euro-texan - sdJETSetter

Texacutioner - BigWorm

b0ng - l_j_r

The Pencil Neck - OCCH

JPPaul - Jet Nut

Thorn - K-RO-25

Wolf - NY's stepchild

Old School - OPEN

I believe swtbound also signed up for the Texans, in case you guys get two more.

NitroGSXR
09-13-2009, 04:23 PM
*sigh*

I'm ready for my avatar. Great game, Jets fans.

OzzO
09-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Way to man up, Nitro.

Thorn
09-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Iím currently drunk and belligerent at this time and will not sport a Jets avatar. The only reason you can read and understand this post is Iím writing it first in Word to correct my horrible typing and doing the copy and paste thing.

Maybe tomorrow I might honor my bet. And if I donít, it wonít be the end of the world anyway. Like the Texans, I am unpredictable.

imatexan
09-13-2009, 05:09 PM
I’m currently drunk and belligerent at this time and will not sport a Jets avatar. The only reason you can read and understand this post is I’m writing it first in Word to correct my horrible typing and doing the copy and paste thing.

Maybe tomorrow I might honor my bet. And if I don’t, it won’t be the end of the world anyway. Like the Texans, I am unpredictable.

You should honor your word, you are not just representing yourself but Texans fans as well.

swtbound07
09-13-2009, 05:09 PM
did anybody get to me? If somebody agreed beforehand i'll do it. Not after the fact though.

SDJetsFan
09-13-2009, 05:22 PM
*sigh*

I'm ready for my avatar. Great game, Jets fans.

Nitro- you still gained a great avatar for your other board out of this!! Good luck the rest of the year guys.

Thorn
09-13-2009, 05:25 PM
You should honor your word, you are not just representing yourself but Texans fans as well.

1. Nobody really cares, least of all Jets fans who don't give a shit and are already concerned with their next game just as we are. I doubt they will post here this week to check up on us.
2. I'm an asshole.
3. I will give it some thought. Really. But not today. I appreciate your meaning of keeping one's word, and if I don't keep my word, I can be questioned as to my honesty.
4. I will never do this again. And again, I love Mojo to death, I really do, but I will not do this again.
5. I'm drunk. And don't give a shit. Maybe tomorrow my sense of respectability will forgo this grievous lack of honesty.

In the meantime, I'm getting another beer from the fridge. Stay tuned for Thorn's lack of attention to self respect.

Thorn
09-13-2009, 05:47 PM
Never frigging mind. I'm wearing a Jets avatar for a week.

I hate it when I'm called out on my honesty and have to back it up. It's like being honest or something. In the meantime, I don't go back to work until Wednesday, and I'm getting drunk as hell.

Expect some weird ass posts tonight. LOL

Vinny
09-13-2009, 05:48 PM
Never frigging mind. I'm wearing a Jets avatar for a week.

I hate it when I'm called out on my honesty and have to back it up. It's like being honest or something. In the meantime, I don't go back to work until Wednesday, and I'm getting drunk as hell.

Expect some weird ass posts tonight. LOL

I like stand up guys...you good with me.

NitroGSXR
09-13-2009, 06:03 PM
I'll be using the forum's default until my betmate gives me another avatar. I'll be taking it off next Sunday before the Titans game.

jppaul
09-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Least I only have to wear this crap for a week.

jppaul
09-13-2009, 06:25 PM
... is that why she's now "ex" ? ;) ...

l_j_r

Its a good guess.

Thorn
09-13-2009, 07:11 PM
OK, you bunch of goddamn mother friggers. Where the hell are you? Iím wearing this goddamn avatar an you are not.

Thorn
09-13-2009, 07:21 PM
Why do I get the feeling the jokes on me?

assholes.

You got ten minutes to respond. Otherwise the Sarge takes over and kicks your ass.

euro-Texan
09-13-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm right friggen here brother. With a brokeback avatar at that.

euro-Texan
09-13-2009, 07:22 PM
This avatar couldn't be anymore gay if...... well I don't think it could. It's pretty damn gay

eriadoc
09-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Why do I get the feeling the jokes on me?

assholes.

You got ten minutes to respond. Otherwise the Sarge takes over and kicks your ass.

The Jets fans that would be calling in the bet are out celebrating. Your fellow bettors are avoiding the boards, LOL. It's OK, though. We'll probably take you back next week. Maybe.

eriadoc
09-13-2009, 07:24 PM
This avatar couldn't be anymore gay if...... well I don't think it could. It's pretty damn gay

I've been bustin' Thorn's chops because I knew he lost a bet. I wasn't aware you had lost a bet. I just thought ... well ... I'll just leave it at I didn't know you'd lost a bet.

Thorn
09-13-2009, 07:27 PM
Screw ever;y godamn oneof yall. The Sarge is back. The Sarge says yall suck.

eriadoc
09-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Screw ever;y godamn oneof yall. The Sarge is back. The Sarge says yall suck.

Welsher.

Thorn
09-13-2009, 07:31 PM
Welsher.

I have no problem whatsoeverwith being an asshole.

Its a tough job being an asshole, but it's something I do well.

eriadoc
09-13-2009, 07:32 PM

Asshole > Welsher.

Thorn
09-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Asshole > Welsher.

OK, what the heck is a welsher?

euro-Texan
09-13-2009, 07:34 PM

Asshole? It was a bet Sarge. Man up!

Thorn
09-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Asshole? It was a bet Sarge. Man up!

No.

euro-Texan
09-13-2009, 07:39 PM
No.

Then I would remove the "sarge" references. It kind of implies integrity

eriadoc
09-13-2009, 07:40 PM
OK, what the heck is a welsher?

Someone who does not live up to their word on bets.

Thorn
09-13-2009, 07:43 PM
Then I would remove the "sarge" references. It kind of implies integrity

Goddammitk I switched bak an forth three times tonight. dno't confuuese me. I ain't sporting a Jests avatar until the others are also. And they aren't.

Not only that, I am not sobvor and have no intention of listening to any sort or logic you may have.

euro-Texan
09-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Okay I can except that. But make no mistake This fairy avatar of sally Sanchez that I'm sporting in not by my choice either.

NitroGSXR
09-13-2009, 07:53 PM
Goddammitk I switched bak an forth three times tonight. dno't confuuese me. I ain't sporting a Jests avatar until the others are also. And they aren't.

Not only that, I am not sobvor and have no intention of listening to any sort or logic you may have.

I don't really know what your problem is but so far... we've got four people who have owned up myself included. The others are coming when they can.

Man up or shut the bleep up, Thorn.

euro-Texan
09-13-2009, 07:55 PM
But.... Vic Morrow wouldn't welch on a bet that's for sure.

Thorn
09-13-2009, 08:02 PM
But.... Vic Morrow wouldn't welch on a bet that's for sure.

No, he wouldn't.

Thorn
09-13-2009, 08:03 PM
i don't really know what your problem is but so far... We've got four people who have owned up myself included. The others are coming when they can.

Man up or shut the bleep up, thorn.

ok.

l_j_r
09-13-2009, 10:16 PM
... nice job honoring the bet fellas ...

... i should have something for b0ng tomorrow ...

... i'm sure things are not truly as bad for you or as good for us as we feel at this time ...

... good luck the rest of the season ...

thanks,

l_j_r

NitroGSXR
09-13-2009, 10:20 PM
ok.

Must spread rep.

You're a good one to have around, Thorn. I'm glad you're on the Texans side.

euro-Texan
09-13-2009, 10:34 PM
No, he wouldn't.

Way to step up Sarge! I don't like this one bit either, but it's the right thing to do.

SheTexan
09-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Owning up is a sign of a true MAN!! Congrats to all of you who played with this wager, lost, and have the balls to MAN up!! You guys are TOPS!

ST

NitroGSXR
09-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Way to step up Sarge! I don't like this one bit either, but it's the right thing to do.

Nice avy there, euro-Texan. I hang around the Montrose area. Do you... I mean... do you... *sputtering*...

a/s/l?

:lol:

Texecutioner
09-13-2009, 11:03 PM
Nice avy there, euro-Texan. I hang around the Montrose area. Do you... I mean... do you... *sputtering*...

a/s/l?

:lol:

So how does this work? Am I supposed to just get any random Jets Avy? I thought that the guy that I was paired with would have to get me one of his choosing.

NitroGSXR
09-13-2009, 11:16 PM
So how does this work? Am I supposed to just get any random Jets Avy? I thought that the guy that I was paired with would have to get me one of his choosing.

The person that you're paired up with would choose an avatar for you to wear. The person that I have been paired up with has not sent me an avatar yet. The deal is for one week. I want this avatar removed by Sunday so I'm wearing it now. I'm using the board default avatar. It's on page two of the avatar settings in your User CP. I will change my avatar if the person that I was paired up with sends me one. I lost a bet and I will own up to it.

swtbound07
09-14-2009, 12:06 AM
Did anybody ever pair up with me!?

l_j_r
09-14-2009, 07:45 AM
... i'll copy below who we had involved in the bet from the jets site ...

... here's one for you b0ng ... i gotta give revis some love for his performance against AJ ...

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bZbbMj3qMgrJ/340x.jpg

thanks,

l_j_r

Euro-texan - sdJETSetter

Texacutioner - BigWorm

b0ng - l_j_r

The Pencil Neck - OCCH

JPPaul - Jet Nut

Thorn - K-RO-25

Wolf - NY's stepchild

Old School - OPEN (no takers from the jets site)

Thorn
09-14-2009, 08:48 AM

I'm just using one that's on this site. If the guy I paired up with sends me one, I guess I'll use that one.

Blah......I hate losing. :mad:

And sorry I was so belligerent yesterday. I blame the Texans for pissing me off. Well, that and the beer. It's never good to be pissed off while drinking beer. LOL

Old School
09-14-2009, 09:01 AM
I guess I got lucky and no one wanted to bet against me. Cowards!!! :specnatz:
Bye the way Euro.....nevermind, you have been punished enough! :spit:

l_j_r
09-14-2009, 09:06 AM
And sorry I was so belligerent yesterday.

... no worries thorn ... totally understandable ...

... thanks again guys ...

l_j_r

gunnails
09-14-2009, 10:45 AM

Nitro, I'm not holding you to nothing, if you want to pick out your own avatar or wear mine thats cool.

Texan fans, you are great.

NitroGSXR
09-14-2009, 10:50 AM

Nitro, I'm not holding you to nothing, if you want to pick out your own avatar or wear mine thats cool.

Texan fans, you are great.

Thanks! You Jets fans are great too!! It's been loads of fun reading posts over there as well as having you all here. Rep for you!

I'll have to do what TokyoJetsFans wants me to do but at least I'm wearing one.

That being said...

The Jets suck.

euro-Texan
09-14-2009, 11:02 AM
I guess I got lucky and no one wanted to bet against me. Cowards!!! :specnatz:
Bye the way Euro.....nevermind, you have been punished enough! :spit:

Thanks for recognizing. I will wear this badge of gay shame for a week becasue I am a huge fan of a team the fools me week after week, season after season. Thanks Kubes!

NitroGSXR
09-20-2009, 12:16 AM
It's now gameday Sunday. Bet obligation honored in full. Jets avatar removed.

See you at the AFC Championship game, Jets fans.

Thorn
09-20-2009, 06:06 AM
The Sarge is back, and he's pissed. The damn Texans better kick ass today, or else. :bat:

Silver Oak
09-20-2009, 07:17 AM
welcome back. may you never make an avatar wager again...w/o full expectation of winning.

Thorn
09-20-2009, 07:20 AM
welcome back. may you never make an avatar wager again...w/o full expectation of winning.

LOL. Hopefully I won't, but I do tend to get caught up in these things.

Wolf
09-20-2009, 07:59 AM

I had one I found that you could have used in the drunk thread
:smiliedance:

Malloy
09-20-2009, 09:37 AM
The Sarge is back, and he's pissed. The damn Texans better kick ass today, or else. :bat:

Or else we'll see you presenting a Titans avatar for a week ? :)

NitroGSXR
09-20-2009, 09:50 AM

Yup. I'll do the avatar bet thing all season long. Just not for the Tacks nor the Cowgirls.

Thorn
09-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Or else we'll see you presenting a Titans avatar for a week ? :)

There's no way I'd make that bet with a divisional foe. It's one thing having to sport a Jets avatar for a week, but having to wear a Tacks avatar for a week? I just ain't taking that chance. I couldn't bear to post if I had a Titan avatar.

Blazing Arrow
09-20-2009, 10:52 AM
Anyone willing to put there avatar on the line for this game?

:cowboy1:

Simple ... Cows win I sport any board approved avatar for a week. When the Titans win I get yours for a week.

Thorn
09-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Anyone willing to put there avatar on the line for this game?

:cowboy1:

Simple ... Cows win I sport any board approved avatar for a week. When the Titans win I get yours for a week.

Nope. Not me. Not only do I think the Texans lose today, but there just isn't a chance in hell I'll risk having to wear a Tacks avatar for a week. :)

swtbound07
09-20-2009, 10:57 AM
you have a deal blazing arrow.

Wolf
09-20-2009, 10:58 AM
There's no way I'd make that bet with a divisional foe. It's one thing having to sport a Jets avatar for a week, but having to wear a Tacks avatar for a week? I just ain't taking that chance. I couldn't bear to post if I had a Titan avatar.

but thorn

http://orlandosentinel.image2.trb.com/orlnews/media/photo/2008-10/43084488.jpg

Thorn
09-20-2009, 10:58 AM
but thorn

http://orlandosentinel.image2.trb.com/orlnews/media/photo/2008-10/43084488.jpg

She is rather nice I must say. But no, I ain't gonna do it.

swtbound07
09-20-2009, 10:59 AM
After we stun the Titans I'm putting up a thread and we can all come together as a community and pick BA's new avatar!

Blazing Arrow
09-20-2009, 11:05 AM
you have a deal blazing arrow.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/BlazingArrow24/Smack/orlly.jpg

Excellent!

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/BlazingArrow24/Smack/SmallBurns.jpg

This will be yours BTW

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/BlazingArrow24/YoungDtvresize.jpg

Might was to start to size it and all ... you know just in case. :whip:

ObsiWan
09-20-2009, 11:09 AM

Excellent!

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/BlazingArrow24/Smack/SmallBurns.jpg

This will be yours BTW

Ooooh... that's COLD.
You could have at least put up one with Steve McNair instead of that bench warmer.
That's just low!

swtbound07
09-20-2009, 11:11 AM

Excellent!

This will be yours BTW

I'll throw a few options together and see what the community likes....

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d131/swtbound07/kevindyson.jpg.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d131/swtbound07/pittsburgh.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d131/swtbound07/turd.jpg

Blazing Arrow
09-20-2009, 11:11 AM
Ooooh... that's COLD.
You could have at least put up one with Steve McNair instead of that bench warmer.
That's just low!

It was for added fun :smiliedance:

Blazing Arrow
09-20-2009, 11:13 AM

Don't get all worked up double disappointment in one day may send you over the edge.

Thorn
09-20-2009, 11:13 AM
swt, I'd rep you for no other reason than having the guts to do this, but it's the same old spread the rep crap. Good luck today dude. LOLOLOLOL

Thorn
09-20-2009, 11:14 AM
Goddammit Blazing Arrow, my eyes are damaged now. :foottap:

Blazing Arrow
09-20-2009, 11:16 AM
Goddammit Blazing Arrow, my eyes are damaged now. :foottap:

I was quoting that was all SWT

Thorn
09-20-2009, 11:20 AM
I was quoting that was all SWT

Yeah, you're right. I may have to stay out of this thread just to avoid that pic. You better hope you don't lose. LOL

ObsiWan
09-20-2009, 11:23 AM

I vote the first one.
Those other two... ugh!

Blazing Arrow
09-20-2009, 11:35 AM
NFLN just picked us across the board. A couple said wins in a big way.

:goodluck:

Silver Oak
09-20-2009, 02:07 PM
swt, I'd rep you for no other reason than having the guts to do this, but it's the same old spread the rep crap. Good luck today dude. LOLOLOLOL

I got him for you. Respect laying it on the line for your team.

swtbound07
09-20-2009, 02:15 PM
I got him for you. Respect laying it on the line for your team.

Thanks. I wish I had made this bet contingent on somebody putting a man on Chris Johnson

Silver Oak
09-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Blazing Arrow sporting a Texans avatar...

SWEET!!!

Jackie Chiles
09-20-2009, 03:34 PM
Blazing Arrow sporting a Texans avatar...

SWEET!!!

Almost worth taking him off ignore. Almost.