PDA

View Full Version : AJ......The Meek Shall Inherit the Earth

CloakNNNdagger
09-08-2009, 10:56 PM
The Austin American-Statesman has compiled a remarkable piece on AJ..........some things that I suspect are unknown to most of us. Couldn't help from really respecting and likin' the guy before reading the article.............can't help from admiring and lovin' this guy even more after reading the article. Proud to call him OUR Texan.

Receiver Andre Johnson brings complete package to Texans (http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/other/2009/09/09/0909johnson.html)

TexansFanatic
09-08-2009, 11:13 PM
When you consider that Detroit took Charles Rogers second overall with the pick just ahead of the Texans, it was incredibly lucky Houston landed Andre.

When you consider Charley Casserly was the GM in 2003, it was incredibly lucky Houston landed Andre.

When you consider that Andre is the ONLY player still on the Texans roster remaining from the 2003 draft, it was incredibly lucky Houston landed Andre.

Goatcheese
09-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Great football player, but more importantly an all around outstanding human being.

Hookem Horns
09-09-2009, 12:12 AM
AJ getting good press in Austin? Very nice to anything about the Texans here in Austin. I guess some people are starting to get over the VY thing around here.

Joe Texan
09-09-2009, 12:33 AM
A true Champion waiting on a ring

4Texans
09-09-2009, 09:01 AM
Excellent article. You've got to have a ton of respect for the way he plays and conducts himself.

Texan_Bill
09-09-2009, 09:12 AM
Awesome article. AJ, simply the best.

El Tejano
09-09-2009, 11:00 AM
Has anyone ever had their jersey retired while they were still playing? I think Andre needs to be the exception if the answer is no.

TimeKiller
09-09-2009, 11:19 AM
"I can tell when he walks by me on the sidelines," Texans coach Gary Kubiak said. "That's his way of saying of 'give me the ball.' He's a competitor. He deserves the ball by the way he works."

TheRealJoker
09-09-2009, 11:54 AM
We need to get this man a ring!!!

CloakNNNdagger
09-10-2009, 07:47 AM
I guess Justice of the Chronicle (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6611009.html)had to try not to be upstaged in Houston on reporting on AJ. However, he falls miserably short, and presents a relatively uninteresting, unimaginative piece with widely known facts about an already Texans favorite. Justice is just plain out-styled.

BigWig
09-10-2009, 08:42 AM
It was a nice surprise to open my local rag and see some Texans press, infact a nice big picture with color. Sometimes its like we get a small paragraph and no pics or anything even relevant. :ant:

DiehardChris
09-10-2009, 10:58 AM
I'd like to say that I'm happy the Statesman is finally giving the Texans some love, but instead all I can see is that they're getting on the bandwagon too late.

Go back to covering the Cowboys, and giving us exclusives on what color underwear the latest Longhorn recruit just changed into, or what Mack Brown had for breakfast.

/flips AAS off