PDA

View Full Version : What is with the Bills?

Wolf
09-08-2009, 09:41 PM
lots of changes right before the season

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP)—Another day, another big shake-up to the Buffalo Bills offense.

The team’s release Tuesday of starting left tackle Langston Walker(notes), announced in a three-paragraph statement, comes as the Bills make their final preparations to open the regular season at New England on Monday. And the move comes after offensive coordinator Turk Schonert was fired on Friday, and veteran running back Dominic Rhodes(notes) was cut a day later.

The changes are regarded as the ongoing fallout from a Bills new no-huddle attack that struggled this preseason. The Trent Edwards(notes)-led starting unit was limited to 3 points in 15 series, while the offense as a whole failed to score a touchdown in its final two preseason games.

Bills players had the day off Tuesday and return to practice Wednesday.

Walker’s release means another change to an offensive line that was completely retooled this offseason. A two-year starter at right tackle in Buffalo, Walker was taking over on the left side after the Bills traded two-time Pro Bowl selection Jason Peters(notes) to Philadelphia in April.

Geoff Hangartner(notes), acquired in free agency this offseason, is the center while Brad Butler(notes) is switching from right guard to right tackle. Buffalo’s line also will include two rookie guards, first-round pick Eric Wood(notes) and second-rounder Andy Levitre(notes).

In cutting Walker, the Bills re-signed veteran offensive lineman Kirk Chambers(notes), who was among the team’s final cuts last weekend. Chambers has experience playing tackle.

Another starting candidate is Demetrius Bell(notes), who had begun splitting time with Walker in practice before hurting his back on Aug. 24. Bell has began working out on his own, and was expected to be cleared for practice this week.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Avbp6R_tdfNqnPvomWoQRT9DubYF?slug=ap-bills-walkercut&prov=ap&type=lgns

Jackie Chiles
09-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Shades of Texans circa 2005. Jauron is eerily similar to Capers, young QB with some O-line problems, incompetent preseason offense and the firing of their coordinator. I have a gut feeling they are going to be really bad this year. Maybe not 2 win bad but who knows.

4Texans
09-09-2009, 08:35 AM
So what does T.O. have to say about all this???

:foottap:

Vinny
09-09-2009, 08:37 AM

donno, but it sound like karma to me. :pirate:

WWJD
09-09-2009, 08:38 AM

"Coach my toe hurts!"

Kaiser Toro
09-09-2009, 09:01 AM
Shades of Texans circa 2005. Jauron is eerily similar to Capers, young QB with some O-line problems, incompetent preseason offense and the firing of their coordinator. I have a gut feeling they are going to be really bad this year. Maybe not 2 win bad but who knows.

We did not have Oline problems, we had QB problems.

4Texans
09-09-2009, 09:08 AM

Yes! .......... or maybe you could say that THE young QB, CREATED O-line problems. I really felt sorry for those guys on the line having to deal with him......

4Texans
09-09-2009, 09:10 AM

He may not realize what's going on. He's probably either wrapped up in deciding what he's going to do for his next endzone dance, or where to bring his reality show.

infantrycak
09-09-2009, 09:42 AM

cough**Victor Riley**cough

Kaiser Toro
09-09-2009, 09:46 AM
cough**Victor Riley**cough

Really? He started 8 games with a team that fired its OC three games into the season.

infantrycak
09-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Really? He started 8 games with a team that fired its OC three games into the season.

90% of the problem was HWWNBN but Riley was bad, not made to look bad, simply horrific. He was a washed up RT thrown in at LT and to top it off we cut the former starter before the season. When Pendry said he wanted to do that he should have been fired on the spot.

Goldensilence
09-09-2009, 11:25 AM

IMO both.

eriadoc
09-09-2009, 12:46 PM
IMO both.

This. It's funny how none of those linemen ever went on to resurrect their careers elsewhere. The linemen didn't block, Carr did what he did, and they both fed into each other in this vortex of suckitude, one guy trumping the last.

It's a good thing I don't remember '05 at all.
:gun:

Jackie Chiles
09-14-2009, 09:42 PM

This MNF game isn't over yet but if they keep playing like this I probably couldn't have been farther off on that prediction.