PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City Shopping Pollard

texasguy346
09-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Biggs: Chiefs exploring trade options with Pollard
Move would create opening for Mike Brown in lineup
Brad Biggs

The Kansas City Chiefs are exploring options to trade strong safety Bernard Pollard, a move that would create an opening for veteran Mike Brown to move into the starting lineup, sources said.

The 24-year-old Pollard, a fourth-year pro from Purdue, has made 31 starts the last two seasons. He had 98 tackles and one interception last season. But Brown was signed in late June to push both Pollard and free safety Jarrad Page.

link (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Biggs-Chiefs-exploring-trade-options-with-Pollard.html)

If true I'm not sure I understand the logic. Trading a younger player to get a veteran on the back end of his career who is often injured into the starting lineup doesn't make much sense to me.

He might be worth a look from the Texans. He can't be much worse than what we already have back there.

Specnatz
09-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Interresting, and Gibbs was the secondary coach of the Chiefs last year.

ArlingtonTexan
09-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Pollard seems to be in that CC Brown/Glenn Earl SS/FS tweener mode, although he maybe slightly better than either guy. We have seemingly went to more traditional SS and FS stuff during this pre-season, but I have heard worst ideas than Pollard.

Goldensilence
09-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Should've signed the guy taking his spot Mike Brown. But hey who needs Brown when the team was high on Barber being able to make a push for the starting role.