PDA

View Full Version : Backup QB Breakdown

gary
09-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Houston: If Matt Schaub is unavailable, the Texans' situation is shaky. Head coach Gary Kubiak and offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan like a lot of things about Dan Orlovsky, but the newcomer who was signed to replace Sage Rosenfels is still learning the offense and breaking old habits. He'll get better as the season moves along, but if they need him to play early on, there will be a significant drop off. Rex Grossman is also on the roster, but has missed most of the preseason with a hamstring injury. The team was never picturing him as a No. 2 candidate, and if he sticks it will be as the third -- which would make a change in philosophy for a team that usually keeps only two.
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/tag/_/name/vince-young

Spike
09-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Even with the cruddy play from Dan O, I just don't see us keeping three QBs. I think Grossman's injury insures this. If Sage gets hurt, Dan O will come in and we can pick Grossman up off the street at that time.

Bull Pen 1
09-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Even with the cruddy play from Dan O, I just don't see us keeping three QBs. I think Grossman's injury insures this. If Sage gets hurt, Dan O will come in and we can pick Grossman up off the street at that time.

I think you meant Matt and not Sage.

Jagsbch
09-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Luke McCown is available for a 5th rnd pick. :hides:

Specnatz
09-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Luke McCown is available for a 5th rnd pick. :hides:

Contact the Patriots.

Norg
09-01-2009, 10:35 PM
we still have Alex brink :Tumblewee

Jackie Chiles
09-01-2009, 11:24 PM
Anyone think John David Booty might be worth a spot as the third QB if/when he gets cut from the Vikings?

El Tejano
09-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Let's get Tarvaris Jackson.

HOU-TEX
09-02-2009, 10:23 AM
we still have Alex brink :Tumblewee

Brink's worse than Van Pelt was....well, almost anyways.

Let's get Tarvaris Jackson.

Let's don't and say we did. :tiphat:

dickieb
09-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Why are people high on Alex Brink. I did not watch him in college but everything I've seen at the pro level has not impressed me in the slightest. I would rather have Shane Boyd that Brink (Zabransky version 2.0).

SICLICK
09-02-2009, 12:36 PM
If Matt gets injured were in deep trouble. :(

painekiller
09-02-2009, 12:44 PM
Anyone think John David Booty might be worth a spot as the third QB if/when he gets cut from the Vikings?

I would give him a look. JDB looked solid to me in his senior bowl play and he is coming from a WCO back ground. IRRC his only weakness is his arm is on the weak side. Not a glairing issue, but short on the deep out play.

Trail.Blazr
09-02-2009, 04:00 PM
If Matt gets injured were in deep trouble. :(

I made this reference on a thread about what our weakest position is on the team... QB. Seemed to go unnoticed at the time with all the talk of FS, CB... blah blah.

You just said the truth, and I would cap the IF, maybe throw in some bold and italics.

I'm a betting man, and QB will be what keeps the 8-8 string alive.

76Texan
09-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Why are people high on Alex Brink. I did not watch him in college but everything I've seen at the pro level has not impressed me in the slightest. I would rather have Shane Boyd that Brink (Zabransky version 2.0).
I don't think anybody has ever been high on Brink.
Some, like myself, just want to see more of him and whether Kubiak is truly a QB guru or not!