PDA

View Full Version : Does Sage want to come back to Houston?

dickieb
09-01-2009, 02:09 PM
I was wondering last night after the game if Sage wants to come back to the Texans. It was funny after he was sacked he held his hand up for one of the Houston guys to help him up and they just walked away. He just kind of grinned and shook his head. After the game he was chatting with Kubes, he probably asked him how Schaub's ankle was and if he would trade back for him. I think Kubes likes him and just wanted to give him a shot at starting somewhere else. If Sage had a crystal ball and could have seen he would be a backup to Brett - I think he would rather have stayed a backup in Houston.

Who knows maybe he will end up starting for them at some point this season if Brett goes down.

Dan B.
09-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Rosenfels is from the Midwest. I'm sure he likes that his family and friends can see him play now. He also has a better chance of playing time in Minnesota IMO. I think he's happy there.

drewmar74
09-01-2009, 02:29 PM
He also has a really legitimate chance at a ring.

Why wouldn't he be happier there than here?

Corrosion
09-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Rosenfels is from the Midwest. I'm sure he likes that his family and friends can see him play now. He also has a better chance of playing time in Minnesota IMO. I think he's happy there.

Bret Favre - 269 consecutive regular season starts , 291 if you include the playoffs.

Matt Schaub - Missed 5 games in each of the last two years. Has he even played in a playoff game ?!

Yep , looks like Rosenfels has a better chance to play in Minn than behind Schaub .... :sarcasm:

Dan B.
09-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Bret Favre - 269 consecutive regular season starts , 291 if you include the playoffs.

Matt Schaub - Missed 5 games in each of the last two years. Has he even played in a playoff game ?!

Yep , looks like Rosenfels has a better chance to play in Minn than behind Schaub .... :sarcasm:

I know, that's why I qualified it with IMO. I don't think Favre will last long. I think that other D-linemen will make it a point of pride to knock him silly.

I also think that the glass Schaub stuff is a bit overblown. I think that the last two injuries were both legitimate and that anyone would miss time if they had taken them -- even Favre. Matt gets one more chance from me, and last night didn't count. Freaking taping up your ankle to return to a preseason game is not evidence of being injury prone.

For all the chatter about how TJ will hurt us by playing out of his mind because he has to prove himself this year, Matt is basically in a contract year himself. This is his chance, and he knows it.

badboy
09-01-2009, 02:43 PM
I think Mr R. needs to play a bit better so he will have a job somewhere. So far, he better hope Favre stays healthy and Sage can just keep on cashing those big checks as a highly paid back up.