PDA

View Full Version : PacMan to Canada

HoustonFrog
09-01-2009, 12:14 PM
Hide the women and children...and watch out "Script Clubs"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4436703

Cornerback Adam Jones, released by the Dallas Cowboys in February, has agreed to a one-year deal with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the CFL.

"It'll be a good experience for me to get back in game shape and compete and play football, which I like to do," Jones told SI.com, which first reported the story. "I'm real happy for the opportunity that's been given to me. Of course it's disappointing to me to not be playing in the NFL. But things happen and you have to adjust."
Jones, 25, chose the CFL over the inaugural United Football League, Jones' agents told SI.com. One of the factors was money -- contract details were not immediately known -- but Jones also will be able to play on both sides of the ball in the CFL, which still has 10 weeks remaining in its season. The four teams in the UFL will be playing a six-game schedule beginning in October.

Beer and Metal
09-01-2009, 01:55 PM
Cool.
He can "make it rain" there for about 10% cheaper.

brakos82
09-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Cool.
I'm mutha-!*@$'in Pac-Man, eh?

TEXANS84
09-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Cool.

Instead of "making it rain", he needs to learn to "make it snow".

I heard he is getting paid in 1$ bills.

Dan B.
09-01-2009, 02:20 PM

Doesn't Canada use $1 Coins?

Ouch!

Hervoyel
09-01-2009, 05:16 PM
Question, and not a "Should we..." kind of question.

Does anyone here think Pac Man ever plays in the NFL again? Just curious.

toronto
09-01-2009, 05:19 PM

No.

And I wonder if our lax weed laws (cops rarely bother arresting public displays of smoking joints) led him to think this was paradise.

As an unfortunate soul that has been to Winnipeg on business, he'll love winter there. -30 every fkn day. Smoke that.

SheTexan
09-01-2009, 06:03 PM

Sure he will! Tony Dungy and Andy Reed will help him "see the light," which will be GREEN and have a huge $ sign in the middle, and he'll be playing for the Eagles in a couple years. Offer the man 1.5 million bucks and he'll promise them anything they ask for, just like MV!!

hot pickle
09-01-2009, 06:12 PM
lol i live in winnipeg and i heard about it this morning... im gonna go to the strip clubs this weekend and see if i can see pac man anywere lol

mattieuk
09-01-2009, 06:45 PM
lol i live in winnipeg and i heard about it this morning... im gonna go to the strip clubs this weekend and see if i can see pac man anywere lol

Haha, thats a given....he's gotta try out the new city!

I think this will be a good move for him though...I'm expecting a move back to the NFL after a trouble free stint in Canada. Perhaps even get a contract for the last few weeks of the season, when the CFL is done, and the NFL is drawing to a close.

TheIronDuke
09-02-2009, 08:59 AM
If he hits up the scrip clubs he's just being rebellion.

CloakNNNdagger
09-02-2009, 09:17 AM

As cold as it gets there in the winter, I wonder if his women get stuck to the poles like a lollipop on a stick. Also, hope his tongue doesn't get stuck on those frozen poles. :shades:

WWJD
09-02-2009, 10:40 PM
The Dallas ESPN station I stream said Adam was NOT going to play in Canada...

HoustonFrog
09-02-2009, 10:46 PM
The Dallas ESPN station I stream said Adam was NOT going to play in Canada...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4441462

WINNIPEG, Manitoba -- Adam "Pacman" Jones won't be playing for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers after all.

The CFL team announced Wednesday it has ended its pursuit of the controversial ex-NFL cornerback, one day after multiple reports said Jones would play for the team.

"It is unfortunate that this situation became public; however, our position has remained consistent," Blue Bombers coach Mike Kelly said in a statement. "We will pursue athletes that we believe will contribute to our organization on and off the field. We have completed our assessment and due diligence and at this time we will not be pursuing the services of Adam Jones."

Jones' attorney, Worrick Robinson, told The Associated Press on Tuesday he had been in "consistent negotiations" with a CFL team, but wouldn't say which one..

hot pickle
09-03-2009, 02:13 AM
man i was looking forward to him coming to winnipeg and seeing him in the strip clubs

Blazing Arrow
09-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Come on guys everyone deserves a second ... err ... I mean third ... wait is this the fourth chance?

Texan_Bill
09-03-2009, 10:42 AM
Come on guys everyone deserves a second ... err ... I mean third ... wait is this the fourth chance?

:mcnugget:

October 2003
Adam Jones was sentenced to one year in jail following a bar fight while he was a student at West Virginia University, but the sentence was suspended and he was placed on two years probation.

April 27, 2005
Adam Jones was at Club Blaze in Conley, Ga., around 3 a.m. local time when officers responded to a fight involving two women. Andrea Akins, a supervisor at the club, told police she was punched in the mouth by a woman who was with Jones. But she later told police the woman “had nothing to do with the altercation,” a police report said. Both women were handcuffed but were released without any arrests.

July 13, 2005
The Tennessee Titans top draft pick, Adam Jones, was arrested Wednesday on charges of assault and felony vandalism stemming from a nightclub altercation. Jones surrendered to Nashville police at Titans headquarters. Jones was in handcuffs, a white T-shirt and light blue exercise pants when he appeared smiling before a night court commissioner, who set bond at $7,000. The charges included one felony vandalism charge and two misdemeanor counts of assault.

Sept. 5, 2005
The annual Nashville Sports Council kickoff luncheon was held at the Renaissance Hotel. Among the 800 guests was Adam Jones. Later that evening, Jones was counseled for a loud verbal tantrum when he was told to wait in line for his vehicle. He was also accused of refusing to pay for any valet services that evening.

Oct. 25, 2005
In a petition filed by the state, it was alleged that Adam Jones had not made regular and sufficient contact with his probation officer, and that he did not report his July arrest in Nashville in a timely fashion.

February 2006
In Fayetteville, Ga, Adam Jones was accused of felony and misdemeanor obstruction of justice charges in connection with an incident outside a home.

April 11, 2006
Nine people were arrested on suspicion of having roles in two major drug rings that trafficked cocaine and marijuana in Sumner and Davidson counties, including a Nashville man with possible ties to Tennessee Titans Cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones. Officers from Davidson and Sumner counties seized 1,653 pounds of marijuana, 128 pounds of cocaine, more than 20 vehicles and $608,000, police said.

April 18, 2006
Police said Adam Jones was one of 12 or more people that gathered at a gas station in Nashville when a fight broke out and gunshots were fired. A surveillance camera shows that Jones was identified as being in the crowd, and he confirmed that fact to police.

August 25, 2006
Adam Jones was arrested in Murfreesboro, Tenn., on charges of disorderly conduct and public intoxication after claiming that a woman stole his wallet. She claimed that she did not steal anything and Jones spat on her. Police officers said the ordered Jones to leave several times, but he refused, and continued to shout profanities at the woman. A judge granted him six months probation on the conditions that he stays out of further trouble and away from the nightclub.

Oct. 26, 2006
Adam Jones was cited on a misdemeanor assault charge for allegedly spitting in the face of a female Tennessee State University student during a private party at Club Mystic in Nashville. He was suspended by the Titans for one game and was scheduled to be booked on the charge Nov. 17.

February 2007
Adam Jones is allegedly involved in an incident at a Las Vegas strip club that leads to the shooting of bouncer Tommy Urbanski, who became paralyzed from his wounds.

March 2007
Las Vegas Police recommended to the city’s district attorney that Jones be charged with one count of felony coercion and also a misdemeanor count of battery and a misdemeanor count of threat to life.

April 10, 2007
The NFL announced that Jones would be suspended for the entire 2007 season. This suspension also stated that Jones will not receive pay during this suspension and that it is subject to additional review after the tenth regular season game, pending disposition of pending charges.

May 7, 2007
Adam Jones was stopped at 12:45 a.m. on Interstate 65 heading into downtown after an officer clocked him on radar traveling 79 mph in a 55 mph zone.

June 18, 2007
Adam Jones was sought by police for questioning after a shooting at an Atlanta strip club allegedly involving members of his entourage. According to police at the scene, Jones was not present during the shooting.

June 20, 2007
The Las Vegas Police announced that Adam Jones will face two felony charges in a strip club melee that preceded a triple shooting in February.

June 22, 2007
Adam Jones surrendered to police and was released on $20,000 bail on felony charges in connection with the February Las Vegas strip club melee that preceded a triple shooting.

Jan. 15, 2008
A woman sought an arrest warrant against suspended Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, claiming he punched her at an Atlanta strip club. Fulton County Magistrate Court officals told The Associated Press that Wanda S. Jackson asked for the warrant after a Jan. 3 altercation at the Body Tap Strip Club.

Timeline of Adam "Pacman" Jones' Incidents (http://www.wsmv.com/news/13539754/detail.html)

HOU-TEX
09-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Gotta be the dumbest dude ever.

Pacman Jones reportedly sabotaged his potential signing with the CFL Winnipeg Blue Bombers in a rambling, disjointed UStream video Wednesday night.

The highlights include Pacman assuming he was going to the UFL instead of the CFL, telling Winnipeg fans he wouldn't be there long to deal with the cold weather because he was moving on ASAP, and flashing his girlfriend's 4 1/2 karat engagement ring ("Paid for!"). The video, done shirtless, did nothing but enforce Pacman's reprobate image.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NFL.aspx

Texan_Bill
09-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Gotta be the dumbest dude ever.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NFL.aspx

Asshat of the year award??

Specnatz
09-03-2009, 04:37 PM

What was decade taken by someone else?

HOU-TEX
09-03-2009, 04:40 PM

What was decade taken by someone else?

The asshat award doesn't do this guy justice. He's beyond asshat

He needs to be a prison's community " "dumpster.

CloakNNNdagger
09-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Does anyone need more proof that Pac Man = ID10T?!

Internet Video Sealed Pacman's CFL Fate (http://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/blue-star/Internet-Video-Sealed-Pacmans-CFL-Fate-56950397.html)

Getty Images IRVING, TX - DECEMBER 20: Adam Jones #21of the Dallas Cowboys looks on during their NFL game against the Baltimore Ravens at Texas Stadium on December 20, 2008 in Irving, Texas. The Ravens defeated the Cowboys 33-24. (Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images) Sorry, Canada.

As we reported earlier, Pacman Jones is not headed up north after all. No snow, no Labatt's, no Blue Bombers; not for Pacman Jones at least. And it's not for no good reason. According to the Winnipeg Sun (via PFT), Jones was dropped before being signed, because of, very possibly, the most ill-advised U-Stream video in the history of U-Stream videos.

Through 44 minutes, according to the report, a shirtless Pacman boasted about his wealth and all but called the CFL a dog-and-pony show that he needed only as a route to return to the NFL. Jones is quoted in The Sun:

"Don't throw no dollars at me," a shirtless Jones, flexing for the camera, said at one point. "If you want to throw somethin' at me, throw me an NFL contract, man."

Jones has a point here; if anyone's going to be throwing dollars at anyone it's going to be Pacman. And he has the court cases to prove it.

"I've got a clause in my contract, when I get a call from an NFL team I can go over," he said. "I actually got two calls today, so if they tell me tomorrow that Pacman's back, that'd be a bummer for all my Winnipeg fans."

Oh, yes. Those fans that he's won over with his dedication, his gratitude towards the team and the town that afforded him a second chance at a time when most of the NFL looks at him like a stripper with a mysterious sore on her lip (though, that could just be a bruise from Pacman's last visit). Oh, yes. Those guys.

The worst part (if there really is just one discernible worst part) is that until Jones was informed by a caller, he exclaimed, "Go to the UFL and do my thing and get ready for a playoff run in the NFL, you know what I'm sayin'?"

No, we don't; because, according to PFT, the UFL doesn't want him either. According to their unnamed UFL source, the league wasn't only uninterested in Jones, but actually relieved when they had heard he was headed up North.

But no more. With the AFL gone the way of the dodo, and little interest elsewhere, options are scarce for Jones. And, tragic as it may be (it is, really), the talented 25 year-old has no one to blame but himself.