PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson

Silver Oak
09-01-2009, 10:58 AM
The guy is a real thrill to watch play, and I can't recall the last time I watched a live game when a player was that much better than everyone else on the field. Hindsight is 20/20, but trading up to pick Peterson in '07doesn't seem as crazy as I once thought it.

Serious man crush.

Honoring Earl 34
09-01-2009, 11:15 AM
The guy is a real thrill to watch play, and I can't recall the last time I watched a live game when a player was that much better than everyone else on the field. Hindsight is 20/20, but trading up to pick Peterson in '07doesn't seem as crazy as I once thought it.

Serious man crush.

I remember discussing who to pick in the 2006 draft and the question was asked , who would you take Peterson or Bush ? Most folks would have took Bush .

Mr teX
09-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Yeah, my friends who aren't texans fans were sure to call / text me about that 75 yard scamper of his.

I replied "umm...that's a man amongst boys in that backfield. He does that to everybody. There's a reason he was the top fantasy pick dumbasses."

I still remember salivating at the mouth during the draft he came out when He very nearly fell to us... then cursing out minny for taking him at 8:hairpull:.

HOU-TEX
09-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Yeah, my friends who aren't texans fans were sure to call / text me about that 75 yard scamper of his.

I replied "umm...that's a man amongst boys in that backfield. He does that to everybody. There's a reason he was the top fantasy pick dumbasses."

I still remember salivating at the mouth during the draft he came out when He very nearly fell to us... then cursing out minny for taking him at 8:hairpull:.

Not to discount AP's freakish athletic ability, but Ron Dayne could've run through the hole on that play. Meaning, any freakin RB in the League would've made a play through that hole.

Just a random observation, carry on. :)

GuerillaBlack
09-01-2009, 01:31 PM

He went 7th, but I would have loved to trade up and get him. He's easily the best RB in the league, and will be for years to come.

gg no re
09-01-2009, 02:32 PM
Not to discount AP's freakish athletic ability, but Ron Dayne could've run through the hole on that play. Meaning, any freakin RB in the League would've made a play through that hole.

Just a random observation, carry on. :)
Ron Dayne would've taken 3 steps then fallen forward. (I still love Ron Dayne though)

gary
09-02-2009, 07:25 PM
He might end up being one of the greatest running backs ever by the time he is done.