PDA

View Full Version : hey guys

SteveSlaton20
08-31-2009, 10:40 PM
miss dunta yet?

DocBar
08-31-2009, 10:42 PM
Nope. He can sit on his smart ass and go broke for all I care. Maybe him and Brandon Marshall should practice together.

SteveSlaton20
08-31-2009, 10:45 PM
Nope. He can sit on his smart ass and go broke for all I care. Maybe him and Brandon Marshall should practice together.

oh.

just thought i should asked, cuz our secondary looked pretty awesome tonight.

DocBar
08-31-2009, 10:51 PM
oh.

172 yds passing, 1TD, 4 sacks and God knows how many penalties against the O? I'll take that. We had some breakdowns tackling, but we looked to be in the right spots on the right plays for the most part. Poor tackling can be corrected by coaching. Poor coaching is usually harder to correct. A bigger concern would be who our backup QB is. Dan O has tools, but no toolbox.

Spike
08-31-2009, 10:53 PM
miss dunta yet?

Nope.

SteveSlaton20
08-31-2009, 10:57 PM
172 yds passing, 1TD, 4 sacks and God knows how many penalties against the O? I'll take that. We had some breakdowns tackling, but we looked to be in the right spots on the right plays for the most part. Poor tackling can be corrected by coaching. Poor coaching is usually harder to correct. A bigger concern would be who our backup QB is. Dan O has tools, but no toolbox.

and 142 yards came off of brett favre. and he only played only 2 1/2 quarters. and i said secondary, nothing about the front seven.

sure the backups played great, but the starters? :dontknowa

AnthonyE
08-31-2009, 11:00 PM
oh.

I thought so too. Especially considering we had a 6th round rookie starting.

Carr Bombed
08-31-2009, 11:02 PM
I thought so too. Especially considering we had a 6th round rookie starting.

Brice McCain is a absolute steal.....I've already seen enough to say that. He's started every game and I don't think I've seen him burnt once yet or heard his name mentioned.......for a corner, that means your doing your job pretty good, especially for a rookie corner.

This is why I don't understand the people that act like getting a 5th round pick for TJ is a waste of time........I'd take a player that competes like Brice McCain over a bum like TJ. Look at DelJaun....he went undrafted.

DocBar
08-31-2009, 11:04 PM
and 142 yards came off of brett favre. and he only played only 2 1/2 quarters. and i said secondary, nothing about the front seven.

sure the backups played great, but the starters? :dontknowa

WOOO!!!!! That's all? To hear the announcers, he threw for 1,000 yds, 52 TDs, blocked on every AP running play and knows where Jimmy Hoffa is buried. 142 yds in 2 1/2 qtrs? From Favre? My dead grandmother could pass for that with AP and Chester Taylor running for her. It wouldv'e been more like 82 yds with solid tackling. I guess Favre messed those tackles up, too.

Norg
08-31-2009, 11:06 PM
I sure do they tore us up in the passing game

the only thing that beat the vikes was there own pentlies and brett farve just sucking any other team would have lighted us up

V3rm0nt3r
08-31-2009, 11:06 PM
i agree with both SS20 and Doc i think our secondary played good at times but there were some definite breakdowns in coverage. when they were pinned back, for instance, to within their own 10 and on third down Farve gets flushed out of the pocket he found a guy like 15 yards upfield on the same side of the field as him with nobody in between them and then seeing Bennett standing right in between the receiver and the close sideline.

not to mention the tackling. Wilson on that screen that Taylor took to the house was pathetic. it looked like he was trying to lower his shoulder and drill the guy but then he pulled up and didn't try to wrap him up he just kind of bumped into him while he made his way for six.

SteveSlaton20
08-31-2009, 11:10 PM
WOOO!!!!! That's all? To hear the announcers, he threw for 1,000 yds, 52 TDs, blocked on every AP running play and knows where Jimmy Hoffa is buried. 142 yds in 2 1/2 qtrs? From Favre? My dead grandmother could pass for that with AP and Chester Taylor running for her. It wouldv'e been more like 82 yds with solid tackling. I guess Favre messed those tackles up, too.

haha

but it is that hard to press mute on your remote?

DocBar
08-31-2009, 11:11 PM
haha

but it is that hard to press mute on your remote?yep.

V3rm0nt3r
08-31-2009, 11:12 PM
haha

but it is that hard to press mute on your remote?

yeah but then you risk missing the names of who made the tackles. i ended up muting it until right after each play and then unmuting it until they said who carried and who tackled. i freaking HATE Jaws.

mexican_texan
08-31-2009, 11:12 PM
That 75 yard run wouldn't have happened with Dunta on the field. He may not be elite, but he's a damn fine tackler.

V3rm0nt3r
08-31-2009, 11:21 PM
That 75 yard run wouldn't have happened with Dunta on the field. He may not be elite, but he's a damn fine tackler.

the tackling was just pathetic tonight. made Chester Taylor like a damn probowler and the announcer's made Farve out to be freaking Hudini. poor tackling all around (execpt DeMeco)

DocBar
08-31-2009, 11:30 PM
That 75 yard run wouldn't have happened with Dunta on the field. He may not be elite, but he's a damn fine tackler.Dunta would've been on the other side of the field last year. Not sure if we're moving CB's w/ receivers in the "new" D.

imatexan
09-01-2009, 12:18 AM
YES!!!

Anyone who does not admit that we need Dunta out on the field is kidding themself.

We need another CB who will cover the good recievers and bring some fire to the field!

Texecutioner
09-01-2009, 12:37 AM
miss dunta yet?

So what are you suggesting that we call him up and just give in to his demands and reward his ass with some ridiculous contract that he's seeking right now that will hurt our cap situation for the next few years? Yeah, that would be smart.

Dunta wouldn't be doing anything worldly for this defense right now. He isn't anywhere near being a top cover corner in this league.

Andrew6
09-01-2009, 01:00 AM
I miss him, He brings a little nastiness to the D with his hard hitting. I am not afraid or ashamed to say it.

alphajoker
09-01-2009, 06:56 AM

LOL, I thought that was pretty good analogy when Gruden made that comment last night on MNF.

TheCD
09-01-2009, 07:45 AM
Most of those yards came from screen passes that were taken long distances. I think with solid tackling, you could easily take half the yardage off of his passing stats.

El Tejano
09-01-2009, 08:19 AM
I thought the secondary played well at times. Mario's sack was a coverage sack IMO.

Texan_Bill
09-01-2009, 08:41 AM
miss dunta yet?

Yes and No....

As Andrew mentioned, he brings a little nastiness to the "D".... Yes.

Whiney, bitchey, prima donna, Dunta??.... No.

MeLoveTexans
09-01-2009, 08:49 AM
All Rick Smith has to do to get D-Rob in here is promise not to franchise him next yr.

I say do it. Get him in here. If he leaves next yr because we can't franchise, good luck. But we do need him out there and the sooner the better.