PDA

View Full Version : Would You say the Texans Rivals are...

WeRun!!!Houston
08-31-2009, 08:47 PM
The Texans are obviously rivals with the Colts and the rest of the AFC South, but what about the Cowboys?

NFC East-AFC South rivalry goin on?

I think so.

Norg
09-01-2009, 12:12 AM
The only rivals we have are

Texans-Titans
Texans-Colts
Texans-Browns
Texans-Miami
Texans-Saints
Texans-Raiders
Texnas-Dallas

StarStruck
09-01-2009, 12:21 AM
The Texans are obviously rivals with the Colts and the rest of the AFC South, but what about the Cowboys?

NFC East-AFC South rivalry goin on?

I think so.

I think not. We don't meet often enough to be a rivalry. It takes too much energy to get emotionally involved in a team that meets only every four years. Heck that's only 5 times in 20 years. I would be happy to support each other in efforts towards a winning season and do Texas proud.

DocBar
09-01-2009, 12:36 AM
The only rivals we have are

Texans-Titans
Texans-Colts
Texans-Browns
Texans-Miami
Texans-Saints
Texans-Raiders
Texnas-Dallas No Jags in there? They're our biggest rival that worries as much about us as we do them. The Colts and Tacks take a "big brother aabout to school you" attitude towards our games. The sAints only make sense if RB is playing like an NFLer. Doesn't happen much. I have to say Jags, Miami(we've never lost to them), Colts and Tacks. The others are just so much fodder.

Hookem Horns
09-01-2009, 12:41 AM
The Titans and Cowboys are the obvious rivals of the Texans fans. However on the field the Texans players have had the baddest blood with the Jags. This is probably because it has been a competitive series with the Texans having the edge.

The Texans have only beaten the Titans 3 times and the Colts once. A true rivalry must go both ways and I don't see either the Colts or the Titans considering the Texans rivals yet.

DBCooper
09-01-2009, 01:57 AM
The Cowboys are not a rival.

We help them and they help us.

Vinny
09-01-2009, 02:05 AM
themselves. Rivals are born out of important games. A team taking something away from the team you support, or your team taking something away from another Franchise. If you can compete for a division then rivals naturally spring forth from the teams that deny you, or teams that you beat. So far the Texans biggest problem is that everyone else in the division is always playing for something at the end of the year, but the Texans are seemingly always just playing with themselves.

Texecutioner
09-01-2009, 02:08 AM
The Titans and Cowboys are the obvious rivals of the Texans fans. However on the field the Texans players have had the baddest blood with the Jags. This is probably because it has been a competitive series with the Texans having the edge.

The Texans have only beaten the Titans 3 times and the Colts once. A true rivalry must go both ways and I don't see either the Colts or the Titans considering the Texans rivals yet.

What he said ^^^^^

No question it's been the Jags. If the Texans played every team like the do the Jags they'd be so much of a better team. For some reason those games against the Jags are the most intense games of the season. The Texans really get up for those games. NO question it's the Jags.

WeRun!!!Houston
09-01-2009, 04:19 AM
Alright then, I;m a Texan & Eagle fan, so I was just hoping everyone hates the Cowboys as much as I do

TEXANS84
09-01-2009, 09:20 AM
However on the field the Texans players have had the baddest blood with the Jags.

I would believe the Jimmy Redmond hit is what started that rivalry, following the David Carr slam helmet down incident.

HoustonFrog
09-01-2009, 09:32 AM
I think not. We don't meet often enough to be a rivalry. It takes too much energy to get emotionally involved in a team that meets only every four years. Heck that's only 5 times in 20 years. I would be happy to support each other in efforts towards a winning season and do Texas proud.

Right. A rivalry has to go both ways too. Dallas fans don't look at the Texans as a rival. We look at the NFC East. There aren't any big games that count that we play. The Texans rivals are the Jags, Titans and Colts.

Texan_Bill
09-01-2009, 09:36 AM

This!! ^^^^^^^^

What he said ^^^^^

No question it's been the Jags. If the Texans played every team like the do the Jags they'd be so much of a better team. For some reason those games against the Jags are the most intense games of the season. The Texans really get up for those games. NO question it's the Jags.

Agreed. Now would you and Thorn please fix y'alls avatars.. :foottap:

The Pencil Neck
09-01-2009, 10:07 AM
Alright then, I;m a Texan & Eagle fan, so I was just hoping everyone hates the Cowboys as much as I do

Oh, don't worry.

Most of us DESPISE the Cowboys.

Hookem Horns
09-01-2009, 10:59 AM

I'm a Texans & Giants fan. So yes I really hate the Cowboys, and the Eagles too. ;)

WesmanTexanfan
09-01-2009, 11:17 AM
The Cowboys are not a rival.

We help them and they help us.

The Cowboys are most of Houstons rival, I dont think the Texans have much to do with it....

brakos82
09-01-2009, 02:04 PM
1. Titans
2. Jags
3. Colts
4. Dolphins (you know they hate us right now...)
5. Cowboys

Jagsbch
09-01-2009, 07:28 PM
The only team I can think of are the Jaguars are #1

Too bad its not the Buc's...

Sal Rosenberg
09-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Our only rivals are our own fans.... just kidding .

I gotta go with Tick Tacks !

Thorn
09-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Oh, don't worry.

Most of us DESPISE the Cowboys.

I resemble that remark.

This!! ^^^^^^^^

Agreed. Now would you and Thorn please fix y'alls avatars.. :foottap:

What are you talking about?

Dapper
09-02-2009, 12:09 AM
It's Houston against Bud Adams. Hands down.

next?

Dapper
09-02-2009, 12:32 AM
It's Houston against Bud Adams. Hands down.

next?

Let me clarify. To the vast legions of loyal, homegrown Oilers fans, our natural born enemy will always be Bud Adams. There can be no dispute. Unless you want to play all nice and p.c. about it. Face it. At one time you've all hated Bud. He's even so competitive about it he made the call to draft V.Y. to somehow rub it in our face!! Hah! This just shows who he thinks is his rival. Besides, rivalry is for teams you HATE!

I would think the feelings are mutual.

#1 = Bud Adams (Titans)
#2 = Colts - must beat the best to be the best

-word-

DBCooper
09-02-2009, 04:21 PM

I love the Cowboys.

Hate the Eagles.

False Start
09-02-2009, 05:52 PM
IMO the Texans biggest rivals are Tennessee, and the Jags(with an F). :shades:

We haven't played the Girls enough in the regular season to consider them a rival IMO. I do however, despise them with Karl Malone/John Stockton type hatred.

CloakNNNdagger
09-05-2009, 08:25 AM
The Texans have obstacles.

AFC South preview: Colts, Titans complicate Texans' two-step (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12158260)