PDA

View Full Version : Favre Cracked Rib But will play

HoustonFrog
08-31-2009, 03:31 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/news/story?id=4434939

Brett Favre told ESPN before the Minnesota Vikings' game on Monday that he suspects he may have a cracked rib.

Favre hasn't had an official diagnosis, but he says taking a deep breath causes discomfort. The 39-year-old quarterback isn't listed on the injury report and no other other Vikings official mentioned the injury pregame.

The three-time MVP says he has no plans to wear any kinds of special padding, saying "the damage is done." Favre is expected to play the entire first half against the Houston Texans.

Vinnie
08-31-2009, 03:34 PM
I self diagnose myself all the time, and I'm usually right too.

L8R,

T-Mac

HOU-TEX
08-31-2009, 03:34 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/news/story?id=4434939

If Brett said it himself, it must be true. :rolleyes:

rmartin65
08-31-2009, 03:35 PM
BS. Favre is an attention whore who will do anything to stay in the spotlight.

brakos82
08-31-2009, 03:36 PM
We Want Sage! :wild:

Texecutioner
08-31-2009, 03:43 PM
BS. Favre is an attention whore who will do anything to stay in the spotlight.

Yeah, he's just saying this so he can get attention. Geez, is it that far out of the realm of possibility that a football player might have actually got hit on a play?

DiehardChris
08-31-2009, 03:43 PM
Nice built-in excuse for Favre.

If he has a cracked rib - a legitimately cracked rib - then he shouldn't be playing in a pre-season game, especially when you have two capable QBs other than him.

He's just looking for attention again... and giving the MNF booth reason to talk about what an incredibly brave warrior he is for even suiting up tonight.

Dapper
08-31-2009, 03:57 PM
Would love for Conner Barwin to do a tap dance on "the great one" and return a "favor" to the viking's qb.

just sayin'

Norg
08-31-2009, 04:04 PM
yes i dont ususally condone this but maybe mario putting on a massive Hits to farve ought to be fair for mullet dude chop blocking Matts ankle

CloakNNNdagger
08-31-2009, 04:06 PM
If you truly have a CRACKED rib, when you breath, you will not have "discomfort"....................You will be in SEVERE PAIN...........unless you are drugged up or shot up in order to try to play.........and then, the word "STUPID" comes to mind.

ChampionTexan
08-31-2009, 04:07 PM
If he has a cracked rib - a legitimately cracked rib - then he shouldn't be playing in a pre-season game, especially when you have two capable QBs other than him.

Brett Favre: Brad - I have a cracked rib, but I'm going to start tonight anyway.

Brad Childress: Okay Brett. Need a ride to the game?

CT CSTM
08-31-2009, 04:08 PM
yes i dont ususally condone this but maybe mario putting on a massive Hits to farve ought to be fair for mullet dude chop blocking Matts ankle

My wife offered to cook Mario anything he wanted for dinner if he sacked Favre,,,he happily accepted the offer and said with a giggle "I'm plannin' on gettin' him anyway!"

rmartin65
08-31-2009, 04:08 PM
Yeah, he's just saying this so he can get attention. Geez, is it that far out of the realm of possibility that a football player might have actually got hit on a play?

Nope, I believe that it is possible. But no player (a 19 year vet mind you, whos position on the team is cement) would play in a meaningless game.

I have cracked multiple ribs playing hockey. They are a *****, if it was a real game then yea, I believe that he would play through it. But a game that does not mean squat, uh uh, I am not buying it.

swtbound07
08-31-2009, 04:09 PM
begging for drugs is unbecoming brett

Hervoyel
08-31-2009, 04:09 PM
Favre is so damned transparent now. He's throwing that out there so that if he plays well he adds to the legend and if he stinks up the place he's got an excuse. It will probably help him draw a roughing the passer penalty too if any Texan gets within 4 feet of "His Majesty".

I want to see sacks tonight.

Vinnie
08-31-2009, 04:12 PM
If you truly have a CRACKED rib, when you breath, you will not have "discomfort"....................You will be in SEVERE PAIN...........unless you are drugged up or shot up in order to try to play.........and then, the word "STUPID" comes to mind.

Vicadin anyone?

HOU-TEX
08-31-2009, 04:14 PM
Brett Favre: Brad - I have a cracked rib, but I'm going to start tonight anyway.

Brad Childress: Okay Brett. Need a ride to the game?

:spit: Nice!

HoustonFrog
08-31-2009, 04:16 PM
I self diagnose myself all the time, and I'm usually right too.

L8R,

T-Mac

Didn't you know that Favre plays a doctor too. I'm awaiting his retirment from his private practice.

Texecutioner
08-31-2009, 04:19 PM
Nope, I believe that it is possible. But no player (a 19 year vet mind you, whos position on the team is cement) would play in a meaningless game.

I have cracked multiple ribs playing hockey. They are a *****, if it was a real game then yea, I believe that he would play through it. But a game that does not mean squat, uh uh, I am not buying it.

How is this a meaningless game?? Newsflash, he wasn't even in camp and has barely played in pre season but for a few plays. He needs chemistry with his WR's and his team in the huddle. Hell he wasn't even there for the first pre season game. This is a "Must play" game for him all of the way if this team expects to get any good offense this season. They've invested a lot of money in Favre, and he needs to be out there going through reps with his team. And spare me with the "Well he should have been in camp then" response, because he wasn't and that can't be redone now, so he needs to get all the reps that he can if they want to have a productive offense once the season starts.

Geez, I swear people will come up with any conspiracy they can with Favre now days. The man plays football for heavens sake. This isn't a typical situation where a QB has been with the team for several years. He just got there like two weeks ago.

False Start
08-31-2009, 04:20 PM
I bet with cracked rib his passes wouldn't make it across the pond. :)

Hes Brett Favre, hes an attention wh0re and wants to make a good showing for MNF. He might just be bluffing to make it look like a Superman type feat. Who knows?

I hope Mario get a shot or 4 at those ribs. Then we will get to see Rosencopter. He worries me more than Brett though.

HOU-TEX
08-31-2009, 04:25 PM
I bet with cracked rib his passes wouldn't make it across the pond. :)

Hes Brett Favre, hes an attention wh0re and wants to make a good showing for MNF. He might just be bluffing to make it look like a Superman type feat. Who knows?

I hope Mario get a shot or 4 at those ribs. Then we will get to see Rosencopter. He worries me more than Brett though.

Peterson hanging 150 on us in 1 half and Jared Allen knockin the snot out of Schaub worry more than those two jokers do.

PapaL
08-31-2009, 04:33 PM
Time to end his season.

Texecutioner
08-31-2009, 04:38 PM
I hope I don't hear any more people bitching about Jared Allen anymore since so many in here are begging for someone to end Favre's season and injure the guy. Some people can be really hypocritical in here I swear.

Porky
08-31-2009, 04:44 PM
Could he be suffering with bruised ribs instead of cracked ribs? I hope we sack his ass too, but I don't want to see him get hurt. He had zero to do with the hits by Allen so my beef is not with him.

Hervoyel
08-31-2009, 04:44 PM
I hope I don't hear any more people bitching about Jared Allen anymore since so many in here are begging for someone to end Favre's season and injure the guy. Some people can be really hypocritical in here I swear.

Entirely different situation. Not sure what you think you're hearing or rather "reading" but I haven't read anything hoping that Mario hops up off the ground after the pass is away and attempts to take out Favre's knees TWICE.

I just want to see Williams & Barwin (They sound like a law firm) sack the man and hit him hard. If he can't take a good clean hit like I want him to experience then he has no business stepping on to a football field with his cracked ribs that for some reason nobody but Brett knows about.

On Jared Allen I can only say that Jared Allen is a turd. It's not like the entire world didn't see what he did. It was a just and fair fine (if a tad light) and that kind of stuff comes back to haunt people who do it.

Texecutioner
08-31-2009, 04:48 PM
Entirely different situation. Not sure what you think you're hearing or rather "reading" but I haven't read anything hoping that Mario hops up off the ground after the pass is away and attempts to take out Favre's knees TWICE.

I just want to see Williams & Barwin (They sound like a law firm) sack the man and hit him hard. If he can't take a good clean hit like I want him to experience then he has no business stepping on to a football field with his cracked ribs that for some reason nobody but Brett knows about.

On Jared Allen I can only say that Jared Allen is a turd. It's not like the entire world didn't see what he did. It was a just and fair fine (if a tad light) and that kind of stuff comes back to haunt people who do it.

It's not any different situation when people are licking their chops at the idea that someone intentionally tries to end Favre's career with a blow sending him into another dimension. DB and I had a similar discussion about this a week or so ago, and he swore up and down he didn't want to see that happen to Favre, but he was only speaking for himself, not the rest of the blood thirsty people that want to see a guy get injured in his last season all because they get brain washed by the media into hating the guy.

Your specific comments were fair. You want to see the guy get sacked, because it will be Texans players on the other side obviously. I hope that a few Texans players sack him to. Our defense needs it! Maybe you weren't the one saying it, but there have been numerous posters in here that have mentioned how they wanted someone to knock Favre out for the season and end his career. I don't want to hear anyone whining about anything Jared Allen does, when they're sitting there begging for the same thing to happen to another guy that's never done anything to their team, just because the media can't get off their fixation on the man.

Fred
08-31-2009, 05:13 PM
Favre hasn't had an official diagnosis, but he says taking a deep breath causes discomfort.

Brett, here's the official diagnosis: YOU'RE OLD!

CloakNNNdagger
08-31-2009, 05:18 PM
Since this was never brought up by the team, Favre "revealing" his injury is like we see here on the MB..........just like putting a target on his chest. Farve is the master manipulator. He may have some psychiatric "wiring connection" problems to deal with, but the only target he would purposefully expose himself to like this would be a PHANTOM target. Otherwise, STUPID is still the word of the day.

gary
08-31-2009, 05:34 PM
It's not any different situation when people are licking their chops at the idea that someone intentionally tries to end Favre's career with a blow sending him into another dimension. DB and I had a similar discussion about this a week or so ago, and he swore up and down he didn't want to see that happen to Favre, but he was only speaking for himself, not the rest of the blood thirsty people that want to see a guy get injured in his last season all because they get brain washed by the media into hating the guy.

Your specific comments were fair. You want to see the guy get sacked, because it will be Texans players on the other side obviously. I hope that a few Texans players sack him to. Our defense needs it! Maybe you weren't the one saying it, but there have been numerous posters in here that have mentioned how they wanted someone to knock Favre out for the season and end his career. I don't want to hear anyone whining about anything Jared Allen does, when they're sitting there begging for the same thing to happen to another guy that's never done anything to their team, just because the media can't get off their fixation on the man.Breaking news this just in to the ESPN desk Brett Farve has had an upset tummy all night it was just a gas pain but the took a crap at last and he feels all better now. Also, his pee pee has a zit on it. Ah, shut up already ESPN.

bckey
08-31-2009, 05:37 PM

Maybe he has pluericy. I've had that before and man it hurts to breath deep or cough.

CloakNNNdagger
08-31-2009, 05:44 PM
Maybe he has pluericy. I've had that before and man it hurts to breath deep or cough.

N1H1:shades:

Texecutioner
08-31-2009, 05:45 PM
Breaking news this just in to the ESPN desk Brett Farve has had an upset tummy all night it was just a gas pain but the took a crap at last and he feels all better now. Also, his pee pee has a zit on it. Ah, shut up already ESPN.

Oh, I just checked the NFL network and Favre had waffles for breakfast!!!

Thorn
08-31-2009, 05:47 PM
God I'm sick of Farve. If it wasn't a Texans game, I wouldn't watch the damn thing.

gary
08-31-2009, 05:50 PM
Oh, I just checked the NFL network and Favre had waffles for breakfast!!!Now he understands he must face Mario tonight and rethinking about why he came back.

Texecutioner
08-31-2009, 05:58 PM
Now he understands he must face Mario tonight and rethinking about why he came back.

Mario will get at least one sack tonight. I'm thinking two actually.

Can't wait to see Cushing.

HOU-TEX
08-31-2009, 06:03 PM

Can't wait to see Cushing.

Don't think Cushing will play until Friday

infantrycak
08-31-2009, 06:03 PM
Are the Vikings starting a rookie RT? Loadholt or something like that.

gary
08-31-2009, 06:05 PM

Can't wait to see Cushing.While watch the game on your cush couch.

Houston_Fanatic
08-31-2009, 06:22 PM
Ok.... Texecutioner and Thorn. You had me confused with your Avie switch - did you lose a bet?

Thorn
08-31-2009, 06:23 PM
Ok.... Texecutioner and Thorn. You had me confused with your Avie switch - did you lose a bet?

I'm confused. This is the same avatar I've always had.

bah007
08-31-2009, 06:23 PM
Are the Vikings starting a rookie RT? Loadholt or something like that.

Yes they are starting Loadholt at RT. He is the guy that Orakpo beat up and down the field last year in the Texas-OU game.

He has a terrible problem with speed rushers. Once he gets his hands on a guy it's over though.

awtysst
08-31-2009, 07:08 PM

Yeah. See I am thinking Brett is trying to lower expectations. That way if he plays well, MNF, ESPN, and every other publication will talk about how heroic he was and how amazing it was to go out there. If he does not play well, the aforementioned publications will talk about how he was not 100% but he cared enough about his team that he was willing to risk further injury for them.

You know typical Favre BS.