PDA

View Full Version : Tedy Bruschi Retires

HOU-TEX
08-31-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet. It kinda makes me think he was informed he was eventually going to be cut so he elected to retire instead.

I've never been a fan of the Pats, but Bruschi always seemed to be a nice guy. Nice story coming back from his mild stroke.

Good luck

Patriots inside linebacker Tedy Bruschi has decided to retire from football.

He'll make the announcement Monday at 10:45AM ET (Bruschi -- barely sleeps in on retirement day). A 13-year career Patriot, Bruschi captained three Super Bowl winners, registered five 100+ tackle seasons, and was a Pro Bowler in 2004. The former college defensive end played inside linebacker, outside, and end in pass-rush situations throughout his career. His October return from an offseason stroke earned him Comeback Player of the Year honors in 2005. Bruschi will likely fall short of the Hall of Fame, but is a shoe-in for the Patriots' Ring of Honor and may have his No. 54 retired

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=149452

indiantexan
08-31-2009, 12:46 PM
IIRC, during Spygate, I read an interview of an ex-Patriots employee who said that Brady and Vrabel were the most approachable/friendly guys on the team and Bruschi was the biggest dick

HOU-TEX
08-31-2009, 01:02 PM
IIRC, during Spygate, I read an interview of an ex-Patriots employee who said that Brady and Vrabel were the most approachable/friendly guys on the team and Bruschi was the biggest dick

Allrightythen.

Showtime100
08-31-2009, 01:16 PM

2nd hand internet info from an unnamed source. Why even post it. True or not I'm glad he's getting out with his health.

SheTexan
08-31-2009, 01:49 PM

Most players are "dicks" in their own way. ALL OF THEM!!! Let me give you an example. I drove to Kansas City to see our TEXANS play in a meaningless preseason game, sat through a monsoon, endured nasty stares and comments from KC fans as I was DETERMINED to make my way to the corner where our boys would be exiting the field, which I accomplished. I didn't want an autograph, a pic, NOTHING other than maybe a little smile or hand wave from at least ONE of our team members. I wanted them to know that I cared enough about my team to do what I did. What I got was NOTHING! Not a nod, a smile, a wave, nada, nada, nada!! A complete kiss off by my entire team, managers, coaches, even the water boy I guess! I would have been happy with ONE little old eye to eye contact, but, what I got was a F-U attitude!

I do want to say this though. Kris Brown and Matt Schaub made the weekend worth it, as far as meeting players go. Kris made it possible for my family to see the team as they were getting ready to depart for the airport. He was WONDERFUL, and I'll never forget his gracious effort to help my family. He also got Matt Schaub to come over so I could get a pic of him with my grandson's. My thanks to both!! The rest of the team didn't even look our way.

Just venting a little! I understand why players put up a shield and stay distanced from fans. BUT, for the price we pay to see them play football, they don't need to be such "dicks!!" JMO!!

indiantexan
08-31-2009, 03:25 PM
2nd hand internet info from an unnamed source. Why even post it. True or not I'm glad he's getting out with his health.

OK I was wrong about Vrabel. Looks like he is an asshole too. Here is the source.

http://pregame.com/forums/blogs/tommy-rider/archive/2008/07/29/my-last-day-as-a-new-england-patriot.aspx?gn=376875

Some choice quotes

Tedy Bruschi is much more popular with the fans than he is with his teammates. He isn't the team leader people think he is. Actually, Bruschi rarely talks to any of his teammates. He and Mike Vrabel used to be close but they rarely interact anymore either. Bruschi is just an unlikable person in general and I think his teammates know what's what and get sick of his act. He created an image that he presents to the public but his teammates know better. The real leaders of the Patriots are Tom Brady, Matt Light, Richard Seymour and the top guy, Rodney Harrison. Harrison is actually one of the nicest guys you would ever want to meet off the field, which is a total contrast to his sometimes dirty play on it.

Most of the players and coaches I've met in New England are great. Like any team, there are exceptions. A list of assholes would be Bruschi, Dillon, Willie McGinest, Pierre Woods, Mike Vrabel, Dan Koppen and Stephen Gostkowski. Yes, the kicker. Bruschi is by far the biggest and that seems to be a universal opinion. Sorry but it's true.

bah007
08-31-2009, 03:25 PM
I have thought for a long time that Bruschi has been an overrated player but I definitely respect him for his attitude on the field and the intensity in which he approached the game.

The guy was a warrior.

indiantexan
08-31-2009, 03:30 PM
OK I was wrong about Vrabel. Looks like he is an asshole too. Here is the source.

http://pregame.com/forums/blogs/tommy-rider/archive/2008/07/29/my-last-day-as-a-new-england-patriot.aspx?gn=376875

Some choice quotes

Just want to add that the author claims he was a sports writer who worked for the Patriots before he was fired.

Showtime100
08-31-2009, 06:35 PM
All cool. I'm no Bruschi fan except to say I've always enjoyed watching him play. Other than that I really have no opinion of him. As far as the article goes I have no reason to believe this guy just because he said this. My opinion of the integrity sports journalism is very low these days so all I was saying was 'so what.' I will say I've never heard this before, but that isn't really a shocker either. Could be true, might not be, I really don't care.

Texecutioner
08-31-2009, 06:52 PM

Some choice quotes

I'm not buying that. That is one source and like many people say, you can find out that someone is an A Hole from someone out there. Everyone isn't going to be liked by everyone. Bruschi always seemed to be loved and respected by his team mates. The guy played his ass off and always seemed like a leader to me.