PDA

View Full Version : Who's ready for some Texans football?

Texans_Chick
08-31-2009, 09:43 AM
Traditionally, we start up one of these sorts of threads when it is around game day. So here goes.

Screw all the analysis. And the worries. I know it is the preseason, but the fans need to bring it and the team needs to bring it if we are going to get more primetime games.

I'm bring it here:

Vikings-Texans prediction time and a brief look at Texas history (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2009/08/vikingstexans_prediction_time.html)

Not only do I bust out the Gonzales Battle Flag but also Dimmit's Goliad Flag.

We need the Texans to kick some ass.

You ready? Let's make it happen. :fans: :texans chick:

BuffaloglennTX
08-31-2009, 10:01 AM
I'm ready... It has been an agonizing couple of months sports-wise since the Astros began their death spiral, and way too long since the 2008 football season concluded.

I hope the Texans sack Brett Favre three times in the first quarter, causing Childress to yank him for safety reasons, hold Adrian Peterson to less than 50 yards rushing (so he also gets yanked, for safety reasons) and the Texans go on to win a close one 21-20.

The beer is iced, the 7 layer dip chilling, 9 hours to go till kick...

DexmanC
08-31-2009, 10:03 AM
As far as I can tell, only TWO of our three major sports franchises has
an owner that cares about winning. Hint: It AINT' the Astros.

drewmar74
08-31-2009, 10:09 AM
Traditionally, we start up one of these sorts of threads when it is around game day. So here goes.

Screw all the analysis. And the worries. I know it is the preseason, but the fans need to bring it and the team needs to bring it if we are going to get more primetime games.

I'm bring it here:

Vikings-Texans prediction time and a brief look at Texas history (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2009/08/vikingstexans_prediction_time.html)

Not only do I bust out the Gonzales Battle Flag but also Dimmit's Goliad Flag.

We need the Texans to kick some ass.

You ready? Let's make it happen. :fans: :texans chick:

Digging the flag references. Me likey the history angle.

I can't be there tonight but I'll be pulling for y'all to be loud (when appropriate) as much as I'll be pulling for the team.

Here's to a great game that showcases the team, the city, the stadium, and the fans. Oh, and to a Texans win!

Runner
08-31-2009, 10:17 AM
Seems like a lot of effort for just the pre-season...

:)

b0ng
08-31-2009, 10:22 AM

But it's practice for us fans to. We have to work on finding the negatives to point out and we need a poster or two to step up big and make threads on the boards telling the rest of the readers where the Texans players and coaches are screwing up.

Runner
08-31-2009, 10:27 AM

But it's practice for us fans to. We have tork on finding the negatives to point out and we need a poster or two to step up big and make threads on the boards telling the rest of the readers where the Texans players and coaches are screwing up.

Oh. I thought it was so when the players mailed in a performance the fans could practice spinning it as the "right way" of doing things so as not to tip their hand for the regular season.

Texans_Chick
08-31-2009, 10:56 AM
Oh. I thought it was so when the players mailed in a performance the fans could practice spinning it as the "right way" of doing things so as not to tip their hand for the regular season.

HEY!!!!!!! There's other threads for that reason and debate.

This sort of pregame thread is for totally emotional geeked up ready for football talk.

You know, stuff like, "Serve me the head of Brett Favre on a trident."

:texflag::cowboy1:

brakos82
08-31-2009, 10:59 AM

The Dynamo obviously... :thinking:

:D

Marcus
08-31-2009, 11:05 AM
But it's practice for us fans to. We have to work on finding the negatives to point out and we need a poster or two to step up big and make threads on the boards telling the rest of the readers where the Texans players and coaches are screwing up.

huh? :headhurts:

hookinreds
08-31-2009, 11:17 AM
Let's put Farve back in his Wranglers.

Runner
08-31-2009, 11:18 AM

HEY!!!!!!! There's other threads for that reason and debate.

This sort of pregame thread is for totally emotional geeked up ready for football talk.

OK.

Seeing as I have Dre Johnson and Steve Slaton on my fantasy team, I'm ready for the Texans to start whipping up on everyone. Go get 'em and uh, Yee Hah.

buddyboy
08-31-2009, 11:21 AM

I disagree. I think Drayton cares TOO much about winning. The problem with the Astros is that they are always in "win now!" mode, signing players that might get them a couple more wins that season, but essentially screwing them in the long run.

Sorry for temporarily hijacking this thread...

Porky
08-31-2009, 11:22 AM
I don't care if we lose 88-3 as long as Dwayne Brown manages to keep Jared Allen from taking out Matt S for the next 2 months. :gun:

Hardcore Texan
08-31-2009, 11:33 AM
Here's what I posted on fb with a link to the MNF original theme song.

"Tonight the rising and talented Houston Texans take on the oldest man on the planet, Brett Farve and the nordic loving Vikings. Be sure to tune in, as during halftime Brett will recall what it was like playing against Moses. Also on the schedule is a high probability to see live in action, the one and only "Rosencopter" pirouetting to his heart's desire. This one is sure to not disappoint."

Silver Oak
08-31-2009, 11:50 AM
OK.

Seeing as I have Dre Johnson and Steve Slaton on my fantasy team, I'm ready for the Texans to start whipping up on everyone. Go get 'em and uh, Yee Hah.

where did you get Slaton at?

b0ng
08-31-2009, 11:56 AM

Those posters need their reps too! How else can we work on our hyperbole and absolute statements if we just dive right into the regular season?

Preseason football : everybody works hard here (except for Amobi Okoye)

b0ng
08-31-2009, 12:01 PM
huh? :headhurts:

Preseason football is training camp for forums posters!

badboy
08-31-2009, 12:01 PM
I am grateful to Favre otherwise Sage would leave the game so despondent that he could do nothing against the Texans. Now, he will be able to say "Well, Brett did not do any better than me." On the plane ride home both of these fine QBs will be overheard discussing the retirement plans of both and their new "ouchies." Many of the players will be discussing the 3rd string QB who refused to go into the game "Are you kidding me? I would not look dignified with my rear end pointing at the sky. Those guys are tackling too hard." Adrain Peterson will be heard in the back ground., "What is my name? Someone tell the pilot to turn off that bell ringing so loud. WHere did those DTs come from?"

Showtime100
08-31-2009, 12:03 PM
I hope they make a schism out of Favre's body tonight. Well, unless you play for Minnesota you get my drift.

eriadoc
08-31-2009, 12:04 PM

SERVE ME THE HEAD OF JARED ALLEN ON A TRIDENT!! (hate that dude)

Oh yeah, and with grapes. And a nice palm leaf, waved around by some hot chick in a skimpy outfit. Yeah, that's the ticket.

barrett
08-31-2009, 12:08 PM
I CAN'T FIND MY GRILL!!!!

thank god it's preseason.

swtbound07
08-31-2009, 12:15 PM
The only game this year I get to watch at home on my own couch. Its going to be a good one.

valleytexfan
08-31-2009, 12:15 PM
It's actually raining down here (all morning) and I'm STILL gonna BBQ! Go Texans!!!:fans:

El Tejano
08-31-2009, 12:18 PM
Give this song a listen if you wanna get pumped for the game:

http://www.myspace.com/eltejanoakarickyd

eriadoc
08-31-2009, 12:35 PM

thank god it's preseason.

Uhhh ... how the hell do you lose your grill? In Texas, no less? :foottap:

The first outdoor activity every young Texan ought to learn to do is cook outdoors, followed soon by shooting.

:chili:

rollinstone18
08-31-2009, 12:49 PM
our tv broke just in time for the mnf game.

:wild:

Showtime100
08-31-2009, 12:51 PM

What? Gawd that sucks. Whip up the best dinner you ever made and send it to the folks next door, fast. :headhurts:

axman40
08-31-2009, 01:05 PM
The Vikings must be sent Valhalla!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b3/AM_738_4to_Valh%C3%B6ll.jpg/180px-AM_738_4to_Valh%C3%B6ll.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:AM_738_4to_Valh%C3%B6ll.jpg)
:texflag:

badboy
08-31-2009, 01:08 PM

thank god it's preseason.Someone decided they needed my grill more than I. Hope that did not happen to you. Reminds me of my dad cooking a brisket years ago in Pasadena. He went out to check on the meat and grill and meat were gone.

steelbtexan
08-31-2009, 01:10 PM
I'm ready for some football.

I cant wait to see how the defense bounces back after an awful showing against the Aints.

When/where does the tailgating start?

Thorn
08-31-2009, 01:11 PM
I'm ready. :)

Norg
08-31-2009, 01:39 PM
We need to do the Wave today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hadaad
08-31-2009, 01:53 PM

Looks like you're old enough to take it in at a sports bar, at least.

HOU-TEX
08-31-2009, 02:07 PM
Someone decided they needed my grill more than I. Hope that did not happen to you. Reminds me of my dad cooking a brisket years ago in Pasadena. He went out to check on the meat and grill and meat were gone.

I know this wasn't meant to be funny, badboy..............but damn, that's funny stuff dude! :spit:

barrett
09-01-2009, 06:57 PM
Uhhh ... how the hell do you lose your grill? In Texas, no less? :foottap:

The first outdoor activity every young Texan ought to learn to do is cook outdoors, followed soon by shooting.

:chili:

you and I have absolutely nothing in common.

for clarification, it is a little itty bitty tailgating grill that is about 2'x1'. i'm poor. i figured out my tailgating costs per game ring in at about $12 per game (+ wiskey but that's medicinal).

Specnatz
09-01-2009, 07:11 PM
Someone decided they needed my grill more than I. Hope that did not happen to you. Reminds me of my dad cooking a brisket years ago in Pasadena. He went out to check on the meat and grill and meat were gone.

I know this wasn't meant to be funny, badboy..............but damn, that's funny stuff dude! :spit:

Yes, I agree it was funny. My question is what do you do when you go outside and your grill has been stolen with your dinner on it? You would have to have that :mcnugget: expression on your face for a couple hours.

El Tejano
09-01-2009, 10:56 PM
Give this song a listen if you wanna get pumped for the game:

http://www.myspace.com/eltejanoakarickyd

Noone dug the song?:brando::brando:

HOU-TEX
09-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Yes, I agree it was funny. My question is what do you do when you go outside and your grill has been stolen with your dinner on it? You would have to have that :mcnugget: expression on your face for a couple hours.

Honestly, I'm not sure what expression I'd have. I'd never heard of someone getting their hot grill stolen while meat was still cooking. I'd suppose it'd be a state of shock for around an hour, then pissed.