PDA

View Full Version : Bronco's-Bears tonight

Wolf
08-30-2009, 07:02 PM
I am curious on how the fans will react at the beginning of the game

Carr Bombed
08-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Most likely..........some of the loudest booing heard at a sports stadium in the last decade. Not only did Cutler cry his way out of town, he insulted the Bronco fans shortly after he left.

Wolf
08-30-2009, 07:26 PM
yep

boos and foul insults

they said one fan had a denver cutler jersey with the name taped over and it said "crybaby"

Brando
08-30-2009, 07:36 PM
I'll be watching Moreno, I had him on my radar for the Texans to draft this year.

Wolf
08-30-2009, 08:14 PM
LOL they are booing

CloakNNNdagger
08-30-2009, 08:23 PM
Gaffney broke his thumb in practice. First Brandon Marshal, now Gaffney. You think the Broncs are hurting enough to entertain a sly little trade, WR for RB?

awtysst
08-30-2009, 08:23 PM
This game is gonna be great for me.
Denver is my second AFC team and Chicago is my NFC team!

CloakNNNdagger
08-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Another Bronco WR just sustained an injury.........to the shoulder. Royal was felt to be Marshall's counterpart. Entertaining a WR/RB trade's looking more and more possible.

Wolf
08-30-2009, 08:56 PM
Bronco's are in for a long season.. guess it is good they get to play the Raiders twice a year

Wolf
08-30-2009, 09:02 PM
nice run back by hester downed at about the 5 yard line

GP
08-30-2009, 09:18 PM
Orton with a badly cut RIGHT INDEX finger. That's going to hinder his release.

LOL.

That Broncos team is cursed.

I think Shanahan is doing :voodoo: on the Broncos.

Wolf
08-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Broncos are taking a beating with injuries this game, I almost feel sorry for them

GP
08-30-2009, 09:30 PM
Broncos are taking a beating with injuries this game, I almost feel sorry for them

I don't. It's like it keeps getting worse with each week that goes by. McDaniels must be related to Jonah. They need to throw him overboard so the storm will end. LOL.

The Broncos are feeling the effects of a very, very bad series of decisions by Bowlen and McDaniels.

I'm enjoying this tonight.

Jackie Chiles
08-30-2009, 09:46 PM
Dumervil is good but Pace looks like a statue out there. Is Chris Williams playing RT for the Bears or is he not healthy?

eriadoc
08-30-2009, 09:47 PM
Orlando Pace looks terrible.

Runner
08-30-2009, 09:54 PM
yep

boos and foul insults

they said one fan had a denver cutler jersey with the name taped over and it said "crybaby"

98 yard TD drive. What's that saying about last laughs?

Cutler must have enjoyed that.

Runner
08-30-2009, 09:56 PM
Orlando Pace looks terrible.

Yeah. Physical skills are seriously degraded.

GuerillaBlack
08-30-2009, 09:58 PM
What channel are you all watching this on?

Carr Bombed
08-30-2009, 09:59 PM
I'll be watching Moreno, I had him on my radar for the Texans to draft this year.

He's out with a sprained knee until the regular season.

WWJD
08-30-2009, 09:59 PM
what channel are you all watching this on?

nbc-2

Carr Bombed
08-30-2009, 10:00 PM
what channel are you all watching this on?

nbc

GuerillaBlack
08-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Keep thinking I'm at home. Not use to the college cable channels.

steelbtexan
08-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Casserly was willing to give up a 1st and a 3rd for a declining Pace.

That would've been another one of Casserly's blunders but luckily the Rams saved the Texans from more Casserly inflicted pain.

Wolf
08-30-2009, 10:09 PM
98 yard TD drive. What's that saying about last laughs?

Cutler must have enjoyed that.

I bet he is.

Wolf
08-30-2009, 10:16 PM
wow penalty

by rule, you can't throw your whole body weight down on the quarterback and drive them into the ground.

bad call on that instance ...brown did nothing like Haynesworth

Haynesworth was worse...

another brady rule? meaning officials will now look at that because he got hurt

awtysst
08-30-2009, 10:17 PM
Casserly was willing to give up a 1st and a 3rd for a declining Pace.

That would've been another one of Casserly's blunders but luckily the Rams saved the Texans from more Casserly inflicted pain.

I thought he was gonna give up 2 firsts. Had he made that deal we likely would not have been the worst team in the league and we would have lost out on Super Mario and Asserly would have been around at least 1 more season. Maybe he would have drafted Jamarcus the next year?

BSofA04
08-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Dumervil is good but Pace looks like a statue out there. Is Chris Williams playing RT for the Bears or is he not healthy?

He was playing RT

Mailman
08-30-2009, 10:40 PM
wow penalty

by rule, you can't throw your whole body weight down on the quarterback and drive them into the ground.

bad call on that instance ...brown did nothing like Haynesworth

Haynesworth was worse...

another brady rule? meaning officials will now look at that because he got hurt

Disagree. Fat Al's was definitely worse, but that's still a personal foul every time under the current rules. The only thing the defender needs to do is just not land square on the QB by shifting his weight slightly or rolling his body. Any minimal gesture as such will keep the flag in the ref's pocket. I don't get why so many fans don't understand this rule. It's hardly new.

Wolf
08-30-2009, 10:44 PM
Disagree. Fat Al's was definitely worse, but that's still a personal foul every time under the current rules. The only thing the defender needs to do is just not land square on the QB by shifting his weight slightly or rolling his body. Any minimal gesture as such will keep the flag in the ref's pocket. I don't get why so many fans don't understand this rule. It's hardly new.

to me it looked like he(brown) jumped up and forward with arms up try to block the pass (and to get to the QB) and with that engulfed the QB

Haynesworth seemed to give a little "extra" to wrap up and use his legs to drive the QB into the ground

I don't know
but agree it is the rules

BSofA04
08-30-2009, 10:47 PM
Darius Walker fumbled the exchange from the QB, Bears recovered.

Wolf
08-30-2009, 10:49 PM
Adrian Peterson looking like AD adrian Peterson

Mailman
08-30-2009, 10:54 PM
to me it looked like he(brown) jumped up and forward with arms up try to block the pass (and to get to the QB) and with that engulfed the QB

Haynesworth seemed to give a little "extra" to wrap up and use his legs to drive the QB into the ground

I don't know
but agree it is the rules

Maybe so, but as I understand it the thing the refs are looking for is whether the player did enough to minimize the impact by taking some evasive action.

Haynesworth has a patent pending on that particular form of play.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-texans/09000d5d80386233/Texans-QB-situation

I still get mad about this one.

Vinny
08-30-2009, 11:50 PM
This new rule is awful. The guys making these rules can't stop on a dime any faster than the football players can and it's simply unreasonable. It's a bad rule that sends the leagues officiating closer to being more like the NBA.

Mailman
08-31-2009, 12:03 AM
This new rule is awful. The guys making these rules can't stop on a dime any faster than the football players can and it's simply unreasonable. It's a bad rule that sends the leagues officiating closer to being more like the NBA.

It's not a new rule.

bah007
08-31-2009, 02:30 AM
It's not a new rule.

The rule is not new, but the way it is being enforced is.

Mailman
08-31-2009, 03:41 AM
The rule is not new, but the way it is being enforced is.

Not correct. Ask Matt Schaub. Or even David Carr....

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/10/sports/football/10passer.html

Vinny
08-31-2009, 09:03 AM
It's not a new rule.
Yes, it is a new rule and your link just highlights the old rule, which was kinda crappy to begin with. They changed how they are calling this rule in the offseason. It's even more idiotic and unrealistic than before when it was just a crappy rule. Now it's an impossible standard that will hurt a team defense because players can't stop their momentum in mid air.

TimeKiller
08-31-2009, 10:35 AM
That penalty was mighty weak. Makes me feel like I should really enjoy my football now before it becomes the THTAFL....that's Two-Hand Touch Arena Football League....

I mean what's the guy supposed to do? That's about as good of a tackle as you can hope for standing in the pocket. Waist high, decent hit but didn't crush him, didn't wrap him up, didn't land on him, was directly after he released the ball not 4 seconds later, didn't taunt him afterwards. Very ticky tacky call and not the direction I want to see the league go. Look I know a Brady-less year put a twist in everybodies collective panty but we can't have a major (and frankly, poor) rule change every time a golden boy eats it. This is still football, you're still almost gauranteed an injury in your career and sometimes, it's going to be a famous player. Get used to it. Or I suppose I'll have to get used to DLineman having to tie their hands behind their back.

Mailman
08-31-2009, 10:53 AM
Yes, it is a new rule and your link just highlights the old rule, which was kinda crappy to begin with. They changed how they are calling this rule in the offseason. It's even more idiotic and unrealistic than before when it was just a crappy rule. Now it's an impossible standard that will hurt a team defense because players can't stop their momentum in mid air.

It is not a new rule, as anyone who has had NFL Network since its inception can attest. Mike Pereira has talked about this bodyslam rule on numerous occasions during his "Official Review" segment.

Here's a 1995 article (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1007262/2/index.htm) from Peter King that talks about it. It's not new, it's just that fans and many broadcasters are ignorant of the rule itself.

In March the league strengthened the head-hunting proscription with the ban on leading with the helmet or the forearm and added, "A defensive player must not 'launch' himself into a passer or otherwise strike him in a way that causes the defensive player's helmet or face mask to forcibly strike the passer's head, neck or face, even if the initial contact of the defender's helmet or face mask is lower than the passer's neck." The committee also adopted a rule that makes it illegal for a defender to "violently" throw a quarterback down and land on top of him "with all or most of the defender's weight."

Mailman
08-31-2009, 11:00 AM
That penalty was mighty weak. Makes me feel like I should really enjoy my football now before it becomes the THTAFL....that's Two-Hand Touch Arena Football League....

I mean what's the guy supposed to do?

Again, all he has to do is take some MINIMAL EVASIVE ACTION. If the defender does not land square on him or he rolls his body one way or the other after hitting the quarterback, the refs will let the play go. The rule is not complicated, yet everyone acts all apoplectic about the wussification of the NFL every time it comes up even though it's been explained ample times before.

That play last night was a penalty, and I knew it when it happened. Al Michaels got it wrong and got distracted by the play out of bounds when it was clear that the flag was for the defender landing on the quarterback with his full weight on top of him.

Mailman
08-31-2009, 11:06 AM
Now it's an impossible standard that will hurt a team defense because players can't stop their momentum in mid air.

The rules committee does not expect them to stop their momentum in mid-air, they simply ask that the player slightly alters his angle against the quarterback's chest just enough to minimize the impact on the ground. The player does this by rolling his body.